• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Chained U-airs work best against samus, doesn't matter where samus DI's at, if she DI's towards falcon she gets a knee, if she DI's away she gets another U-air.

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
Yay for 4chan users. To stay on topic, my Falcon now gets kills thanks to this thread. I used to just combo them forever with uairs and never get the kill :(
Keep up the good work G-reg

g-regulate

Smash Hero
you shouldnt try to "do specific combos", and hope they DI a certain way. the "quadruple knee", the "triple nair", these are just combos available with certain DI's. (PLEASE DONT PRACTICE IN TRAINING MODE, IT HELPS YOUR TECHNICALS, BUT WILL GIVE YOU BAD HABITS AGAINST REAL PEOPLE.) the "darkrain" combo and the "g-reg" combo arent ACTUALLY "signature combos". we just react quick with the right move, because of our experience watching a characters DI. people will always DI different ways, its YOUR job to REACT to EACH ONE and put the right move to match the right DI. how do you know what works where? experience.

for example, i usually like dthrow to knee on peach at higher %. it will usually always work, but if peach DI's away, i have to run at her and shffl as fast as possible. however, if she DI's up, i have to full jump up to knee her. either way its a knee, but you have to REACT to make the right decision :)

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure it's possible to up-throw Fox/Falco to a knee when they're at 90%? I do remember you said you needed to check that. I know I'm not doing it perfectly, but I always need to get my opponent's Fox up to like 150% before I can knee them out of an up-throw. Since my friend isn't the best DI user, I can always up-throw to f-smash him at a lower percent, but I don't think this will work on someone who knows how to DI better. That's why I'm trying to learn the up-throw to knee. Thanks.

audreyh

Smash Ace
yeah uthrow knee doesn't work til like 120% uthrow to fsmash works just as well so use that at lower percents (i think uthrow fsmash works at like 90% if they dont di away)

technomancer

Smash Champion
I think with proper timing at a fairly high (70-100%?), your options from the Uthrow vs. fastfallers are Fsmash(may require changing directions) or a shffled knee if they smash DI away. Darkrain dtilt to regrab or knee works as well, again depending on DI. At very high %s, you can just switch to dthrow.

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. But will I be able to reach the Fox [after an up-throw] with a f-smash or even a d-tilt or chaingrab if they DI away from me? It sounds like my options highly depend on what percent my opponent is at. And by the way Audrevh, the Fox must be around 80 percent or above for me to up-throw to f-smash, if I recall correctly. Again though, I don't think the player I have been using this against is DIing correctly. To be more specific, I don't think he is DIing away from me. Is that what he should be doing?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
no, theres no combo to do on fox when they DI away. the key is to grab and throw FAST. fast enough that your opponent cant react and DI properly. THIS is how you get people to DI how you want, and therefore get KO's. also, if they DI away, thers always they option to tech chase, as you can move before they land from your uthrow.

im pretty sure you do uthrow knee at around 90%, you must shffl very fast, and at the instant you recover from the throw. its a delicate move, and isnt easy for someone who struggles with sffling.

Friendship

Smash Cadet
g-reg thanks to you i pulled off the g-reg combo on my friend (dair through platform, falcon punch) on dreamland 64 and his head proceeded to explode.

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
g-regulate said:
no, theres no combo to do on fox when they DI away. the key is to grab and throw FAST. fast enough that your opponent cant react and DI properly. THIS is how you get people to DI how you want, and therefore get KO's. also, if they DI away, thers always they option to tech chase, as you can move before they land from your uthrow.

im pretty sure you do uthrow knee at around 90%, you must shffl very fast, and at the instant you recover from the throw. its a delicate move, and isnt easy for someone who struggles with sffling.
Thanks. That would make sense. That means I'm really going to need to be less predictable with grabs. That's going to be very hard for me though since most of my strategy consists of grab combos.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
If they DI the uthrow away, run and catch them and throw them again. They probably won't realize wtf just happened 'til it's too late.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
g-regulate said:
you cant do that
Oh no? Tell that to my friend I KO'd with it.

EDIT - Here's some proof, go to training mode and put Fox to 90%. Grab him, up throw him, and then nair him right before he hits the ground. It'll be a 2 hit combo meaning it was unescapable. Now put him back to 90 and try to catch him out of the up throw, you have more than enough time. Therefore this is unescapable, it is a chain-throw. All DI does is make you have to run one more step, with Falcon's dash it means nothing, you can still do it.

If you don't believe me, PM the guy Jarc. I did this to his Fox on Fountain of Dreams, I remember it perfectly because he had no idea I was going to do it.

emerican

Smash Ace
if i read the post right, i think you guys are debating up-throw chain grab on fox? yes it can be done if they DI away... watch romeo vs DSF on youtube.

Dice

Smash Lord
emerican said:
if i read the post right, i think you guys are debating up-throw chain grab on fox? yes it can be done if they DI away... watch romeo vs DSF on youtube.
Romeo grabbed DSF again when he DI away, however DSF was at about 115%. G-reg said that you couldn't do it when the fox was around 90%

g-regulate

Smash Hero
fox should be dead by 115%. this discussion is over.

my samus strategy is simple. simply outplay samus. abuse your speed to the fullest. dthrow to uair/nair works really well to start combos, and just keep doing uairs as fast as possible. try to end combos with a knee. dont get tricked near ledges! a good samus will try lame tricks, so watch out.

hova

Smash Champion
why does everyone keep questioning g-reg as if he's not way better than u?

the man plays against fox all the time, i'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about

i come and read this thread all the time, practicing his advice and it has helped my capt falcon game significantly.

g-reg: got anything good for jigglypuffs and sheiks??

*pound*

audreyh

Smash Ace
g-regulate said:
fox should be dead by 115%. this discussion is over.

my samus strategy is simple. simply outplay samus. abuse your speed to the fullest. dthrow to uair/nair works really well to start combos, and just keep doing uairs as fast as possible. try to end combos with a knee. dont get tricked near ledges! a good samus will try lame tricks, so watch out.

what about a samus who knows to di away every throw? the sex kick comes out before falcon can do anything. I'm finding myself relying less on grabs in this matchup =( and more on triple knees =)

Vall3y

Smash Lord
even if samus dis away good im pretty sure falcon can atleast connect a nair, on most percentage

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
audreyh said:
what about a samus who knows to di away every throw? the sex kick comes out before falcon can do anything. I'm finding myself relying less on grabs in this matchup =( and more on triple knees =)

down throw, wait for the sex kick animation....run up as if you were gonna attack but fake him out then knee/uair/nair the ***** after the kick is gone, welll you gotta time it perfectly but thas how you do it....actually on a good samus just dash around run up with sheild to tirck them into dsmashing then **** accordingly, its all bout trickin them.

audreyh

Smash Ace
hey can someone elaborate on the falcon vs falcon matchup?

all i try to do is nair to grab.... or just grab. then u can techchase the hell outa them or tap reset for awhile if they forget to di away

g-regulate

Smash Hero
just keep doing that.... and eventually instead of a grab, insert a knee, or dair into knee. rack up damage with grabs and tech chased attacks, finish with uthrow to knee. overb combos well too. cf vs cf is a **** matchup for cf

Sytar

Smash Ace
just keep doing that.... and eventually instead of a grab, insert a knee, or dair into knee. rack up damage with grabs and tech chased attacks, finish with uthrow to knee. overb combos well too. cf vs cf is a **** matchup for cf
lol.
Just ****ing lol.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
I prefer F'd up G-reg giving advice. Sober G-reg is the lame. Only the nubbies fall for the Sober G-reg is greater than thou nonsense. The real smashers know that G-reg's true wealth of knowledge comes from being uner the influence. His wisdom overflows like a fountain of koolaid clogged by gumdrops and sour creepy crawlies. . . at least when he's had a few beers and what not.

<3 G-reg

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

Does anyone think that Green Greens is a good Capt Falcon level? The stage itself is pretty hazardous and all, and it might feel really closed in, but it seems like once the blocks are gone, it's a good Capt Falcon stage since it's just a long strip of land for you to combo on, and there's virtually no sides so a knee combo = instant death.

emerican

Smash Ace
yeah, just make sure you falcon punch ALL the blocks away and you're set. jk dude... lol just stay away from that level against fox :(

Top Bottom