• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

audreyh

Smash Ace
romeo likes yoshi's story? =)

isai likes poke stadium

darkrain likes fd?

most people agree big stages are best so that falcon can run around

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Pokemon Stadium is where it's at.

Battlefield can be good for a few reasons:

1) Falcon loves platforms.
2) It somewhat negates his recovery disadvantage (he can't sweetspot, but neither can anybody else; this is especially important against space critters).

You have to be wary of who you take to Onett (no Foxes allowed), but I personally think it's a great Falcon stage. Pick this against a Jigglypuff? 2EZ. Samus? Gg. Peach? Teh lolz0rz.

Disclaimer: The only problem with Onett is that it tends to favor whichever player is better at taking advantage of the stage's gay quirks. Nonetheless, it's a solid stage for Falcon.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Falcon is good on all stages? FD is probably his best, unless his oppenent is also empowered by the FD, then go to Pokestadium... then probably dreamland... as the stage gets smaller, you have to be a bit more tricksy with your moves. That said, for some reason I do best on FD vs. Samus.

I don't like YS because if you do end up edgeguarding, the slanted sides make it all weird, plus Falcon doesn't have much in the way of vertical KOs. But then again, knees there can kill at 50%. I might take a Falco here, but not a Sheik.

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
Falcon's best stage is Final Destination... Anyone who disagrees isn't a true falcon player.
The only problem with FD is that there are no platforms to help you recover. While you're trying to get back, your opponent can simply walk to the most favorable position (next to where you'll land) and attack you before you can recover. That is assuming you've already gone past the edge. But yes, the open space is wonderful for running around. I also find corneria to be somewhat helpful since the left and right blast lines are so close to the sides of the level, making the knee dangerous at relatively low percents. And since it's so huge, if you get knocked off the side opposite of your opponent, you often still have enough time to get back before they begin to edgeguard you.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
pretty much all stages except the gay ones in certain matchups(fast faller **** levels) are decent for falcoon. some have double edged swords, like Yoshi's is small and good for quick knee kills, but has low ceiling and minimal space, which = fox/marth/peach **** party. falcon is good regardless of level.... just not as good as fox/falco/marth/peach/shiek. FD is best tho at least imo

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
FD's definitely the easiest one to combo on, but there's gota be some good non-neutral stages we can work with. I've also tried Onett a few times, but it depended so much on the matchup.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
dont take anyones word for it.... play different levels yourself and just find the ones you are best on. thats the best way to do it.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
dont take anyones word for it.... play different levels yourself and just find the ones you are best on. thats the best way to do it.

He speaks the truth. Falcon's best stage may be FD, but some people play better on stadium or dreamland for some reason. Just like fox and falco counter falcon, but for some reason, people enjoy playing against those characters. May not be what you're suppose to like, but if you do, then go for it.

audreyh

Smash Ace
romeo tell us the ways lol. sure, sometimes i have some 0-death on fox/falco in a few seconds with a couple predicted techs but i still get comboed like no other and shine spiked... i try to uair on my way back most of the time, how do u guys anti-shine spike.. change it up between coming in high and coming in low?

Reioumu

Smash Lord
G-Reg, I played you at CCX in the pool, and hoo boy did you **** me. I'm starting to use falcon a bit and I can see how you owned me soo easily. Falcon is a crazy *** finisher man. I've been looking at the stuff here, and this topic is definitely very helpful man +rep.

Too bad you missed that falcon punch, thus killing yourself once :p. I'm glad I wasn't torn up THAT hard.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
M2K talking about the fox vs falcon matchup: This is the easiest match up in the game

Darkrain when asked "how well do you handle falco": Not well, those lasers are too much

CunningKitsune when asked about the fox vs falcon matchup: One of foxes easiest matchups

Tapion when explaining the falcon matchup: A technical fox can give any falcon a really hard time. No mind games are even needed.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
arite

falco is very easy to kill once off the stage cuz his recovery sucks ***....just while playing him you gotta keep close so you dont get laser spammed..jump towards him kinda the only thing he has is pillars cuz his grabs sucks too......just tech chase and punish...

but fox is alottttttt harder cuz he can combo the **** out of falcon and has good recovery but is easy to tech chase punish and stomps and ****....but his uthrow - usmash/air is **** and he can waveshine falcon....hard match up but not a counter

g-regulate

Smash Hero
im not saying that A falcon cant beat A fox or falco. im saying its impossible to deny that fox/falco's game dominates falcon in every aspect. falco can pillar combo falcon to like 60-85% or so from 0, sometimes ending with a ko move... that, and falcon can do little against lasers. meanwhile, fox can literally shine falcon ACROSS AND OFF THE STAGE without him having a chance to move, on top of an almost limitless collection of combos on him, and all you have to do is walk off the stage to shine edgeguard due to falcons sucky recovery.... what can falcon do, tech chase regrab to stomps and knees and pray for edgeguarding? WOW amazing.

the only reason falcon ever wins, is because 1.) not even 5% of all fox/falco's in the country actually play right, and 2.) the falcon must have absolutely wicked mindgames against those people

Sytar

Smash Ace
Just as there is no such thing as cheap moves, right?:laugh:
theres no such thing as counters anyway...
Because Bowser vs Shiek is a fair match-up.

Why is the Bowser always Johning again?

technomancer

Smash Champion
lol more people arguing with G-reg... and Taipon for that matter... lol

G, I just started playing a good Fox on a regular basis, and I have loads of trouble getting the basic launchers (grabs, nair, dair) off without supermindgamesing him or having him mess up a SHFFL or something... so basically should I just spend all my time mindgamesing? Any advice?

Reioumu

Smash Lord
G-Reg, I am wondering if this would be a valid combo. I don't have the %'s yet, but I tested it out on a young link at 0%

Grab, U-Throw, U-Tilt, (repeat steps 1-3 against certain characters), Knee.

That was only on young link, but I would like to see if it can be verified since it might be able to be DI'd out of. I can't check cause none of my friends who play smash live near me.

It usually sets up for edgeguarding if anything.

Sytar

Smash Ace
I use that against Luigi at Medium percentages. Except with a wavedash and a downthrow, I think. Don't see why it wouldn't work if they don't DI all too well, or maybe at lower percentages.

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
A SHFFLed aerial is usually a better choice than a u-tilt. The u-tilt is slow and often gives your opponent time to slap you in the face with an aerial attack of their own before your u-tilt connects.

Sytar

Smash Ace
dthrow luigi to knee at medium percentages. don't **** around with utilt.
His neutral air can pop you in the face if you do that. The only opponent I ever play is a Luigi. Ok, once in a while I play against other characters, but I play 99% of my matches against a Luigi. Sometimes utilt is necessary, other times the knee is a better choice. It depends the distance he died. If you have room enough to get time to pull out the knee, then by all means; the knee out-prioritzes the nair. If you're cramped for room, however, the nair will come out before the knee and send you straight up for a gay *** combo.

Echo

Smash Champion
g-regulate said:
how do i know? because im the best falcon there is, next to isai.
lol G-reg combos? **** this thread, darkrain would **** on this any day.

hova

Smash Champion
and i do believe i could **** all over u good sir

ur from ****in nebraska, shut the **** up

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
MD represent. But really, theres no room for that kind of bias here... if you want to suck on darkrain's left nut some more, go make your own thread.

And I heard of Greg's name through mutual friends way before he was "G-reg"...
BTW, tell MEGA to return my god**** messages and get a cell phone... too many **** matt's around here i'm tellin ya.

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
Something tells me your combo was the result of extremely poor DI. Maybe it was the "Level 1 computer" that tipped me off. >_>

Me? I make up all my combos on the spot. That's why I love this game; it's so different from your conventional fighting game where you have to memorize countless button combinations and juggles. In Smash, all I have to hit someone up in the air and see what I can do from that.

Sure, I know a couple of basic combos, but I prefer to go on instinct.
Actually lvl 1 computers have the best DI, it would be like going into training and putting on evade.

audreyh

Smash Ace
MD represent. But really, theres no room for that kind of bias here... if you want to suck on darkrain's left nut some more, go make your own thread.

And I heard of Greg's name through mutual friends way before he was "G-reg"...
BTW, tell MEGA to return my god**** messages and get a cell phone... too many **** matt's around here i'm tellin ya.

There really isn't any reason for this. G-reg is **** good i agree, darkrain just has a little more experience, and people consider him one of the best in the nation.
You should see the ish darkrain did to Helios and Kaiser at Chicago... it was utterly insane. and against fox too.

So I tried to figure out why darkrain is pretty **** good against foxes, and I noticed that many falcons when they get a grab off, immediately try and stomp where the fox will tech. darkrain's alittle more patient and dash dances around and gets a grab. I think he waits until he's very certain that the fox will tech a certain way, or he's just owning the **** outa the fox before he throws out a stomp at one of the 3 teching positions. Good topic for discussion? also, I noticed he stays much more grounded that many of the vids ive seen of other falcons.

what impresses me the most is how darkrain just ran over kaiser, and then kaiser a month later beats isai 4 stock vs 4stock (oc2 crew battles)

but w/e i have love for both of these guys. Both their knowledge >> mine, and we love g-reg so much more cuz he actually comes to these forums and helps us out.

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
^^Why'd you quote me? Sure u didn't mean the other guy? i was defending g-reg the same as you...

I said the exact same thing.
Yes, darkrain is good, obviously... but that doesn't mean every other falcon is a piece of **** and you gotta ride his **** all day like some groupie. Cus theres really no need for that. (not you audreyh but the other dude).

and now you know, and knowing is half the battle...

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
long-time friend of rogers and heish's and all them osbourne peeps... went to osbourne a while back. i dont think we've ever met, unless it was years ago cus didnt u have like a party in a townhouse like a few years ago? couple kegs and it was like a giant sausage-fest? i dunno maybe it wasn't you... im the token asian in that group of country-music-listenin frat-whiteboy-wannabees...

i heard your name being tossed around one time and i thought that was you and then rogers informed me you were also the infamous "g-reg" and i was like wtf? since when did all u ****ers start smashing? then he told me u guys were all TA and i felt like a total noob. :laugh:

but i havent seen his *** since farmfest. maaan u missed out...

Top Bottom