• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I like Cranky he threw around barrels when he was young now he rants on about nothing he is cool, Andross is like his 2nd cousin thrice removed with severe mental problems.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
when did andross come back up, this is the Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: THE ONLY GOOD CHOICE FOR A STARFOX VILLAIN is the tread title and we have all agreed that andross should not be in brawl and anyone who disagrees, i thought at least, had left along time ago

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Bowser already has a claw grab move that he could use in the air. There are plenty other things Wolf can do.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
How about his >B is a missile, but if your currently locked on with his robot eye \/B move we came up with, it would be just as strong, but homing aswell. A good balance would of missile strength would be stronger than samus's homing and a little weaker than her straight shot missiles.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I like the slash idea, but how about addin some projectile efect like the attack kirby unleashes when he finishes the final cutter, it would be like combination of bowsers claw and kirby's upb...

Or he could just do a fast slash using both of his claws/hands makin an "X" and slashin the oponent forward, it would have a semi-high knock back but it will have some delay at the begining...

Skywalker

Space Jump
I like the slash idea, but how about addin some projectile efect like the attack kirby unleashes when he finiches the final cutter, it would be like combination of bwser claw and kirby's upb...
Stryks, I like your idea.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thanx and its Stryks XD, I really hope that shuts bowserlick up but I know it wont happen, since:

Bowserlick: OMG ROFL LOL Andross pwns wolf, he would have a body and would be able to fight! Wolf would be clone of Fox duh!!!1!...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero

Cool picture, huh? Well I am gonna add something to it. Imagine this, a metal glove complete with five claws with the ability to spin strapped onto the Wolf's left paw. He would be as heavy as Mario, but have some stun resistance. Afterall he is strapped in leather.

Dash A: Wolf dodges into the background and holds out his claw, clotheslining his oppenent as well as dodging any attacks. If the oppenent dodge rolls, both Wolf and the oppenent will collide and be knocked backwards. Slight delay afterwards so Wolf cannot spam the move.

A: Wolf gives a mean right hook with his fist
AA: Wolf gives a mean right hook with his fist, and then raises his knee to face level with his leg bent at a 90 degree angle with his foot pointing at the enemy before slamming his boot down in a circular pattern knocking the oppenent away.

Toward A: Swipes with a horizantal claw

Down A: Crouches down with hand splayed on the floor. A press of A will cause Wolf to throws an uppercut (while still coruching) with his metal clawed hand sending the oppenent upwards if he/she is close or away if the oppenent merely hits the edge of the rising claw.

Up A: Wolf leans back and plants his clawed hand into the earth as he does a vertical split. If his metal boot connects with an oppenent in the air it sends the enemy straight up with stun.

Smash A: Wolf takes one step forward with a metal boot and throws his elbow behind his body with his metal claw poised forwards. The claws start spinning and spin faster as long as the smash is held. When released Wolf launches his claw forwards into his oppenent who his caught in the spinning blades which rack up damage before being spewed backwards in a straight trajectory.

Down Smash: Wolf slams his spinning blades into the floor and revloves his body so his drill claw goes around in a circle. Dust spews forth. Fast attack with unimpressive knockback but good for clearing space.

Up Smash: Wolf twists his body at the hips with his claw resting behind a metal boot. Then he leaps slightly in the air twisting his body so his face looks at the screen. His claws spin as his arm revolves around his body quickly turning Wolf into a spinning blade. Then Wolf falls to the ground where he lifts himself back onto his feet. Startup time and lag but has range and good knockback. Shoots oppenent in a random direction.

B: TARGET Wolf taps the metal attatchment surrounding his artificial eye. The eye lights up and a pool of light travels a short distance in front of Wolf (same distance as Mewtwo's toward B). Can only be used on the ground, oppenent does not have to be facing you. A target symbol lights up over the oppenent and then quickly disappears, but Wolf's eye remains lit up. It will remain lit up until Wolf either turns it off (by pressing B) or if he is hit hard enough (like how Kirby loses his stolen power). In this mode, Wolf always faces the targetted oppenent allowing him to walk, jog, and jump backwards. He will always turn to face the oppenent. In this mode Wolf runs extra fast when going toward his target. Used to engage in hand to hand combat.

Down B: DEBRIS MISSLE Wolf slams his drilling claw into the floor before bringing it back up. A cylinder of floor material (depending on stage) will be wedged between his claws. A press of A will turn his spinning blades on which would propel the cylinder wedge outwards like a missle with dust trailing in its wake. If Wolf is in target mode Wolf's claw with the cylinder inside will always be pointing toward the oppenent.

Toward B: SMOKESCREEN Wolf does a flip as he pulls out a metal sphere complete with blinking neon lights for futristic appeal. He presses a button on the top and it explodes into a cloud of sinister red smoke that covers Wolf. At this an angle could be chosen as long as it is going forward. Wolf launches out of the smoke with his body revolving and his claw pointed outward and spinning like a drill. Goes through oppenents and sends them slightly backwards away from Wolf.

Up B: FULL MOON Wolf jumps straight upward with his claw held up above his head. If he collides with an oppenent, he grabs them and does an upside down flip, tossing them backwards as he howls. Oppenent's recovery and directional influence after the throw depends on their percentage. If Wolf catches the oppenent at the apex of his jump instead of sooner, then instead of throwing them backwards he will throw them straight down.

Throws

Grabs with metal claw
A: Knees enemy as he growls
Forward: Wolf lifts the oppenent off his or her feet with his menacing clawed hand and then sends a punch toward their gut knocking them back.
Backwards: Wolf throws the oppenent slightly forward, then grabs their foot with his clawed hand and whirls around once before releasing them backwards.
Upwards: Wolf falls onto his back while he holds oppenent, bracing his boots on their chest before kicking upwards.
Downwards: Wolf throws them down and his claw begins to spin before drilling into the oppenent, smashing them against the floor until they pop up and toward the side.

Aerial

A: Wolf swings his claw around his body in a slanted circle.
Toward A: Wolf pinwheels his claw behind his body and then forwards (clockwise) which causes a slash attack. Doesn't hit as far as Bowser or Sheik's claw attack but covers alot of area.
Down A: Throws a smoke bomb downward from his belt. It explodes when it hits a target. Minimal knockback, low damage but smoke lingers for a few moments.
Back A: A full backwards roundhouse as Wolf growls
Up A: Wolf holds his spinning claw upwards similar to Link's Up A.

*I want to Credit Crom for helping me with the Target special and also for the inspiration of having that special move effect any projectile Wolf can fire (like Crom's proposed missle idea).
*Crom and Sonicthehedgehawg both helped me fine tune the Up B special to make it less broken
*Changed back aerial to differentiate Wolf more from Fox. Proposal by Crom.

Feel free to give any suggestions that would improve the moveset.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Now that is a moveset with some taste. I like how he uses weapons but it's in a tasteful manner. Not just breaking out a 2 ton cannon from nowhere. Perfection.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
That Up B is ridiculous, a recovery that meteor smashes.... just no, that's too much power

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
and Kirby plummets down with it.. kirby is more likely to die from attempting to meteor smash with the attack than the person that he is atacking... Wolf's would keep him moving upwards while tossing enemies downwards

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Feel free to list improvements or changes, I just jotted down whatever was on my mind.

Saying "Just No" doesn't really help.

Perhaps Wolf could throw them upwards instead.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
It depends on how that move exactly works, but it seems very abusable. You would be granted virtually free recovery since any oponent trying to stop you would most likely end up dying trying

Bowserlick

Smash Hero

Cool picture, huh? Well I am gonna add something to it. Imagine this, a metal glove complete with five claws with the ability to spin strapped onto the Wolf's left paw. He would be as heavy as Mario, but have some stun resistance. Afterall he is strapped in leather.

Dash A: Wolf dodges into the background and holds out his claw, clotheslining his oppenent as well as dodging any attacks. If the oppenent dodge rolls, both Wolf and the oppenent will collide and be knocked backwards. Slight delay afterwards so Wolf cannot spam the move.

A: Wolf gives a mean right hook with his fist
AA: Wolf gives a mean right hook with his fist, and then raises his knee to face level with his leg bent at a 90 degree angle with his foot pointing at the enemy before slamming his boot down in a circular pattern knocking the oppenent away.

Toward A: Swipes with a horizantal claw

Down A: Crouches down with hand splayed on the floor. A press of A will cause Wolf to throws an uppercut (while still coruching) with his metal clawed hand sending the oppenent upwards if he/she is close or away if the oppenent merely hits the edge of the rising claw.

Up A: Wolf leans back and plants his clawed hand into the earth as he does a vertical split. If his metal boot connects with an oppenent in the air it sends the enemy straight up with stun.

Smash A: Wolf takes one step forward with a metal boot and throws his elbow behind his body with his metal claw poised forwards. The claws start spinning and spin faster as long as the smash is held. When released Wolf launches his claw forwards into his oppenent who his caught in the spinning blades which rack up damage before being spewed backwards in a straight trajectory.

Down Smash: Wolf slams his spinning blades into the floor and revloves his body so his drill claw goes around in a circle. Dust spews forth. Fast attack with unimpressive knockback but good for clearing space.

Up Smash: Wolf twists his body at the hips with his claw resting behind a metal boot. Then he leaps slightly in the air twisting his body so his face looks at the screen. His claws spin as his arm revolves around his body quickly turning Wolf into a spinning blade. Then Wolf falls to the ground where he lifts himself back onto his feet. Startup time and lag but has range and good knockback. Shoots oppenent in a random direction.

B: TARGET Wolf taps the metal attatchment surrounding his artificial eye. The eye lights up and a pool of light travels a short distance in front of Wolf (same distance as Mewtwo's toward B). Can only be used on the ground, oppenent does not have to be facing you. A target symbol lights up over the oppenent and then quickly disappears, but Wolf's eye remains lit up. It will remain lit up until Wolf either turns it off (by pressing B) or if he is hit hard enough (like how Kirby loses his stolen power). In this mode, Wolf always faces the targetted oppenent allowing him to walk, jog, and jump backwards. He will always turn to face the oppenent. In this mode Wolf runs extra fast when going toward his target. Used to engage in hand to hand combat.

Down B: DEBRIS MISSLE Wolf slams his drilling claw into the floor before bringing it back up. A cylinder of floor material (depending on stage) will be wedged between his claws. A press of A will turn his spinning blades on which would propel the cylinder wedge outwards like a missle with dust trailing in its wake. If Wolf is in target mode Wolf's claw with the cylinder inside will always be pointing toward the oppenent.

Toward B: SMOKESCREEN Wolf does a flip as he pulls out a metal sphere complete with blinking neon lights for futristic appeal. He presses a button on the top and it explodes into a cloud of sinister red smoke that covers Wolf. At this an angle could be chosen as long as it is going forward. Wolf launches out of the smoke with his body revolving and his claw pointed outward and spinning like a drill. Goes through oppenents and sends them slightly backwards away from Wolf.

Up B: FULL MOON Wolf jumps straight upward with his claw held up above his head. If he collides with an oppenent, he grabs them and does an upside down flip before tossing them straight up as he howls. Oppenent's recovery and directional influence after the throw depends on their percentage.

Throws

Grabs with metal claw
A: Knees enemy as he growls
Forward: Wolf lifts the oppenent off his or her feet with his menacing clawed hand and then sends a punch toward their gut knocking them back.
Backwards: Wolf throws the oppenent slightly forward, then grabs their foot with his clawed hand and whirls around once before releasing them backwards.
Upwards: Wolf falls onto his back while he holds oppenent, bracing his boots on their chest before kicking upwards.
Downwards: Wolf throws them down and his claw begins to spin before drilling into the oppenent, smashing them against the floor until they pop up and toward the side.

Aerial

A: Wolf swings his claw around his body in a slanted circle.
Toward A: Wolf pinwheels his claw behind his body and then forwards (clockwise) which causes a slash attack. Doesn't hit as far as Bowser or Sheik's claw attack but covers alot of area.
Down A: Throws a smoke bomb downward from his belt. It explodes when it hits a target. Minimal knockback, low damage but smoke lingers for a few moments.
Back A: A back kick similar to Fox's.
Up A: Wolf holds his spinning claw upwards similar to Link's Up A.

*I want to Credit Crom for helping me with the Target special and also for the inspiration of having that special move effect any projectile Wolf can fire (like Crom's proposed missle idea).

Feel free to give any suggestions that would improve the moveset.
Changed the Up B move to throwing the oppenent upwards instead of downwards.

Still feel free to give any suggestions that would balance the moveset, make it more unique, better, etc.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Well for I don't think I like the B move. I like the idea, but always facing the opponent can suck if say he gets a bad neutral air and forward air... but then again if he gets bad of those moves then he won't have that great of an air arsenal anyway lol

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I was trying to stay away from laser attacks to make him different then Falco and Fox. Wolf seems like a brawler to me, therefore targetting his enemies in order to chase them down and beat them sounds in flavor.

But I do think Wolf needs to shoot something, thats way I gave him the debris missle which becomes that much better if an enemy is targetted.

The toward B was for another recovery option, although I am not too thrilled with it.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Man that's a badass moveset. I dont think his Up B spiking would be that bad, you would just have to be extra careful when your trying to intercept his recovery, just like with falco's >B. If you miss time it, your spiked. If it doesn't throw them downwards, then maybe it could throw them behind him, so it could still send them away from the stage but it woulden't be quite as deadly.

I also really like the targeting system with B, that's bringing something totaly unique to smash. It would be awesome to learn how to take full advantage of that speed bonus. I especialy like the idea of the targeting system effecting other B move's/projectiles too, thanks for adding that in.

The only thing I'll suggest you change is his back ariel, so we don't get any whiners. I'm thinking something like a backwords elbow hit. I don't think smash has any elbow aerials yet. If not that some sort of backfist, or I guess it could still be like fox's back kick, except instead of holding it in the air, he does a full roundhouse.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Yea, I have to fine tune the Up B. The backwards idea is pretty good. Perhaps if Wolf hits the oppenent at the end of his jump rather then before, then he will send them straight down. That way its an extra bonus for good timing.

Changed the back aerial to be less like Fox's. I dig the backwards mid-air roundhouse idea.

*Moveset on page 60

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
All very good suggestions. This moveset is actually shaping to be pretty original for a character who was based off another previous character.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the Roundhouse was a good choice for his Bair. I also like the updated UpB. Very nice changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom