• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2/3/7 LTEC (See results thread in tourney results!)

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
OK well from the looks of it SWFL will be staying at skrach's Saturday night, unless of course there is still room at the tourney location!!!

I hope I don't get sick before this one again...

:(

EDIT: *hopes exarch posts a working address before too late*

:colorful:

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
sparksmandrill: its such a good term, i had to take it.

BTW, we're gonna be heading out of here at around 8 or 9 PM and get to otru/skrach8's around midnight or 1 depending on traffic or accidents or ****.
hahahaha "sparksmandrill" and all of a sudden all is forgiven ;)

nooboob

Smash Cadet
Google maps gives accurate directions if you take out the appartment number. Melanie should be posting her number soon...
yeah... use google guys. If you need the address again it's 380 Ayesbury Circle Deland, FL 32720
When you get here it's apartment #G (yes the address is litterally Apartment NUMBER G... does anyone else think that's funny?)
It's on the second floor of Building 380 in the complex.

My phone number is (863)414-5418
I would give links to google maps for youse guys but I lazy... and I don't know where everyone is comming from.

Also I will have some food here and drinks... it's free.
I make cake.

nooboob

Smash Cadet
From I-4:

Take the ramp onto I-4 E toward Daytona Beach 30.7 mi
32 mins
Take the SR-472 exit 114 to Orange City/Deland 0.3 mi
Take the left fork to SR-472 W 466 ft
Turn left at SR-472 W 2.9 mi
4 mins
Merge onto US-17-92/S Woodland Blvd via the S Woodland Blvd/US-17 N/US-92 E ramp 1.9 mi
3 mins
Turn left at SR-15A 6.6 mi
12 mins
Turn right at Brandywine Rd 0.1 mi
Turn left at Ayesbury Cir 194 ft
Turn right to stay on Ayesbury Cir 322 ft
Turn left to stay on Ayesbury Cir 26 ft

Directions From I-95:

Take the right fork to I-95 N and merge onto I-95 N 247 mi
3 hours 38 mins
Take the SR-44 exit 249 to Deland/New Smyrna Beach 0.3 mi
Turn left at SR-44 W 17.3 mi
19 mins
Turn right at N Kepler Rd 2.7 mi
4 mins
Turn left at E International Speedway Blvd/US-92 W 2.6 mi
5 mins
*Changes directions for ease and accuracy*
Stay on International Speedway until you get to Spring Garden Ave. (15 A) Turn right
Turn right at Brandywine Rd 0.1 mi

From I-75:

Take the ramp onto I-75 S toward Tampa 25.6 mi
22 mins
Take the SR-326 exit 358 0.5 mi
Turn left at W Hwy 326 0.8 mi
2 mins
Continue on W SR-326 2.0 mi
3 mins
Continue on NW 70th St 3.5 mi
7 mins
Continue on SE 70th Ave 2.9 mi
5 mins
Continue on SR-326 2.0 mi
2 mins
Turn left at SR-40 39.1 mi
42 mins
Turn right at US-17 9.2 mi
10 mins
Slight right at N US-17 0.2 mi
Slight right at SR-15A/N Spring Garden Ave 0.2 mi
Turn left at Brandywine Rd 0.1 mi
1 min

If you need directions from anywhere else try and get ahold of me.

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
hey my teammate had a death in his family i might need a new one so anyone wanna join up?

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS POST

The Address will work if you leave off the #G part on any site.

Melanie's phone number is (863) 414-5418. If you get lost or stuck you can call her and we can try to help you!

WE GONNA NEED SURGE PROTECTORS AND/OR EXTENSION CORDS!!! k thanks.

Also PLEASE PLEASE be courteous to the renters of this house! If we behave well enough there's a better chance I can have another one of these!

Remember we're going to be starting this tournament ON TIME!!! I'm serious. I will not be holding this tournament up for ANYONE. Therefore: PLAN TO GET HERE EARLY!! I can't stress this enough. Just because you can call to tell us you're late doesn't mean we're going to wait for you!

Thank you to all who are bringing TVs. And thank you EVERYONE for bringing your copy of smash and cube! Don't assume other people are bring them. Bring your OWN.

BYOC has a new meaning!! BRING YOUR OWN CHAIR! I cannot guarentee everyone the right to a chair. Unfortunately this tournament is looking to be too big to be completely comforted by a few college students. Thus if you have a foldy chair, and like to sit down in chairs during matches, BRING IT! However, there will be plenty of floor space around in case you don't own one.

I cannot guarentee regional crews. I would like to have them assuming time allows. It will depend on how big the tournament is and how willing y'all are to play your matches. What this means is if you want to have regional crews come tell me the results AS SOON AS YOUR MATCH FINISHES and sit down and play your match AS SOON AS I ANNOUNCE IT!

BRING CAKE!! OR PIE IF YOU LIKE IT BETTER!!!

--Also remember I do not support the idea of state rankings--

That's all I got for now. King Out.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Queen, its probably best not to stay at the tournament, it seems it might be pretty hot in his house.

Edit: I'm pretty sure we could use the navigator, barry is coming with us.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
This tourney's looking pretty amazing...should be a lot of fun. Hit me up if you wanna play MMs or friendlies. Anybody's fun to play against

btw, anybody who brings pie is lame...this tourney is not called LTEP...I mean, that's like unamerican or something.

X.X

Smash Cadet
This tourney's looking pretty amazing...should be a lot of fun. Hit me up if you wanna play MMs or friendlies. Anybody's fun to play against

btw, anybody who brings pie is lame...this tourney is not called LTEP...I mean, that's like unamerican or something.

LESS QQ MORE PEWPEW

Pie>Cake scrub >_>

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Pshht....whatever MOTAR...I'll P/CM you. (Pie/Cake Match for all you anagram noobs)

I win, you get me some cake...you win, I get you some pie...you know you want to...lol

xD

exarch

doot doot doot
Darrel I am ashamed FOR you.

FIRST: Pie is not lame. In fact Pie is better than cake!-and this is for many reasons. Pi, in the mathematical sense, is an absolutely beautiful number-almost in the same league as "e". Unfortunately there is no such number as "cak," "caik," or "cayk" which Cake could try to compare itself to. Pie charts, are a very efficient way to demonstrate percentages, and percentages appear quite frequently. Let's see a "Cake chart" top that! A third reason is, of course, pies are more universal than cakes. I want to eat a hershey bar pie as much as I want to eat a chocolate cake. On the other hand, I will readily eat any fruit pie, but would not so much as lay a finger on fruitcake.

SECOND: This tournament is called LTEP.

THIRD: You're calling pie unamerican? Can we please look at the backgrounds of the two phrases which have been the title for this tournament up to this point.
  • "Let Them Eat Cake"-Originated from crazy psycho ***** Marie Antoinette. She was in fact, a Queen of FRANCE in her time. What is more unamerican than FRANCE?? They stand for the opposite of everything we do. While we stand for effort and rewards for good work, they stand for laziness and w(h)ine.
  • "Let Them Eat Pie"-Originated from an intelligent Floridian smasher who realized exactly how stupid Marie Antoinette was when selecting her words for her decree. Had she said "Let Them Eat Pie" instead of her original choice, she would have obviously not been beheaded-simply because pie is superior to cake for multiple reasons (as listed above). The peasants knew she was keeping the pie to herself, and their rage over her selfishness did her in.
However, even without paying attention to the origins of these quotes, it is absolutely obvious that pie is more american than cake. I will close this argument with two words:
Apple Pie.

X.X

Smash Cadet
MLG rules best 2/3?

ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE MELEEGUY!!!

Or forever leave your dessert's name in shame =x

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
8 0

*head asplode*

well Cake...um...is...um...uh...it's good!!!!

And besides, cake is the food of choice for birthday parties and weddings...events set aside to celebrate arguably the two most influencing events in any person's life...

Yes, I know that some people have had "birthday pie", but they're posers anyway...and if there is anybody who's had a wedding pie, I'm scared for them.

So cake is the dessert that celebrates the events that truly make a person who they are. It is the delightful taste of the accomplishments of human civilizations thus far, as proved by the fact that we still exist and haven't blown each other up.

So I close saying this, yes, pies are used very much to represent numbers as a Greek symbol, or a chart, but a cake...oh a cake...
A cake represents everything that makes humanity good. Every struggle of the common man to continue this feeble species as we dominate our planet. Cake should not be just eaten. No, it should be revered ... savored.

Thus, if you are only interested in numbers and facts, the yes, by all means, you should choose the pie. But if you care about life itself, there is only one true dessert...Cake, my friend...cake.

MOTAR: done....done....

X.X

Smash Cadet
Hmmm...and if anyone else dares challenge the supremacy of Pie over the dessert world I have but two words for you....

BRING IT!

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Dude, there's only one way to determine the true owner of the PCM...

Random char...

X.X

Smash Cadet
You cannot dare post such high stakes on random characters!! Did you not see the whole thing about the greeks and the numbers >_>

PIES ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS!

(But srsly I'll think about it I'll let you know after some contemplation >_> )

exarch

doot doot doot
Darrel, you sound like an emotional frenchman.

Although you may seem to have a point about celebrating the most important events in an individual's life, perhaps we can clear things up a bit. Instead of being selfish like Marie Antoinette, for we do not wish to suffer the same fate as her, lets look at holidays celebrating the important days in HISTORY.
  • Easter- neither cake nor pie is normally consumed in celebration of this holiday
  • 4th of July- Please. No contest here. Cherry pie, Apple Pie, and so many other varieties to choose from! Definitely a pie holiday.
  • Thanksgiving- Obviously a holiday DOMINATED by pie. Pumpkin Pie, Apple pie, cherry pie, hershey bar pie, peanut butter pie, blueberry pie, what more could you want? Definitely not cake.
  • Christmas- Your choice. Would you like Apple Pie or Fruit Cake. Come on. We know who wins this one.
Thus we can see that the most important holidays in history are dominated by the better of the two desserts: Pie. All significance in the development of our country is celebrated with PIE. Also, we celebrate our Savior's birth with PIE (you're not seriously going to count fruitcake as a dessert right?).

Cake cannot top this, it is the poor substitute which we use when celebrating our own births. These are the FACTS. As for me, I will continue to be AMERICAN where we make decisions based on FACTS and not EMOTIONS.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Ah, c'est vrais, mais les hommes Francais sont bons...
Ah, but in your argument, you have made a mistake...See, Christmas is not known for apple pie nearly as much as fruit cake. Do not base your opinion of which is more popular on a certain type of cake. The fact remains that fruitcake is an incredibly popular gift today. More popular around Christmas than apple pie is.

But what I said still rings true, cake is used most frequently in the celebration of weddings. Do you not want to get married? I for one long for companionship, so I must defend my cake to the death. That being said, I also challenge you to a PCM...Random char...I will show you how "emotional" reasons are more important anyway.

You also forget that bovine fecal material is reffered to as a "cowpie" now how does that fare with your stance. Also, the existend of cupcakes promotes the idea of importance of the little guy.

Children play patty cake...not patty pie.

CAKE is also a type of tool for programming web applications.

Cake is more concerned for the well-being of everybody.

MOTAR: but see, Cakes, as I said, are the dessert of the common man...thus, all characters must be given an equal opportunity to be played..

X.X

Smash Cadet
I say to you good sir! No random! =P Leave it be beat me and show me the common man's dessert requires no luck and beat me of a fair game and I will consider your dessert "respectable" =P. And with this I say to you!

Head Mongol: "Hussan! What is good in life?"

Other Mongol: "A warm breeze at your back, food, wine at your table, a woman in your bed. This is what is good in life."

Head Mongol: "NO! Conan, what is good in life?"

Conan: "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women..."

And we all know The Governator is a true supporter of pie!

exarch

doot doot doot
You attempt to attack pie? Have you forgotten the phrase "caked on" and all of the negative connotation which it is inherant to?
Caked on grease
Caked on mold
Of course we could go into Caked on fecal matter too, if you wish. Perhaps this is a blow below the belt, no?

The fact that children play pattie cake only shows pie requires a higher level of maturity to fully appreciate it. Perhaps this is your problem?

Also in all of your examples, Cake is used to describe an object or activity created by humans. Obviously, the natural occurance of Pi is no coincidence-as if to tell us pie was ordained by God himself.

As for your impudent challenge: I will accept. And with that I must be off to sleep.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Motar and Halo5God I heard you guys used to own CFL smash. Anyway you guys should come smash with the new CFL smash scene on Friday for some pretourney practice. We'll be smashing at Skrach's, whose place is right across from UCF.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Pi is and has been my favorite number for years for countless reasons, but despite this I do realize cake is far better. Cake is a science, pie is just jumbled ingredients, very little care or effort to achive a consistent and beautiful taste. This shows in the curability of the two. Pie can crumble and break if it is just carried the wrong way... Cake however can be tossed and thrown and still retain much the same shape as before.
Similarly cake was constructed with toppings in mind, frosting, sprinkles, fresh fruit all come to mind. "Frosting on the cake"
This is untrue with Pie, it's "Topping" is already locked inside, without it... pie is[\I] pie.
Cake is the evolution of pie as I'm sure history has shown.

So, chocolate cake good with everyone?

Nite

Smash Champion
That's gotta be the most colorful 1st post. I wanna say that it's tempting enough to make me show up, but I just can't do it. (Mindgames)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
hmm... or pie inside of a cake...

*dramatic pause*

inside of a second pie!

derf

Smash Ace
best pie?

i like moose pie (yes im a hick from canada) and pumpkin pie

JOSH- gino wants to know if you want to team with him

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
He changed the address in the first post...had a wrong letter in there...should be working fine in mapquest now.

nooboob

Smash Cadet
i think the rest of this thread should be a discussion of pie vs. cake.
does everyone have accurate directions and whatnot?

What about cake in a pie crust covered in frosting?

nooboob

Smash Cadet
And if people are bringing cake i might as well make pie

hahaha... I just became a smash child.

Exarch, I remember a time that i was a nice, normal person...
Look what you did to me!
I've been promotted!

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hope we can make it on time for this, it's like a 4 and a half hour drive...so we need to leave around 6 AM so we have about 30 minutes of lee way!!!

Stupid Lion King preventing me from coming up tomorrow!!!

:colorful:

Top Bottom