• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

cradmazy_SKAG

Smash Ace
BE DEFENSIVE, BUT LOOK AGGRESSIVE!
All of these "KO combos" must have the right setup. Ever just get annihilated for a good 80-100% or so, by a space animal? perhaps, marth or shiek? this can usually mean that your play style is getting too offensive, and is being abused by your opponent. It can also mean that you are being too DEfensive, i.e. shielding, going for shield-grabs and dairs, using his crappy dodge. this can also be predictable and abusable.

you must have a good mixture of the two. If you are lookin for a grab, run around a bit. hop from platform to platform, throw in some empty short hops (shff with no aerial), or hop around doing nairs and uairs. make your opponent have to chase you, make him work for it. your opponent has a better chance of slipping up and making a mistake while he is chasing you.

basically what im trying to say is, if you look like you are running around doing aerials, but in actuality, you are spotting for a grab, it makes it much easier to grab. same thing vice versa. unpredictability is key.
you all realize that this is just generally fu*king awesome super smash bros melee advice almost universally applicable to any character and most all situations. probly one of the smartest things ive ever heard.

thats why, kids, the G in g-regulate stands for God.

OVERALL GRADE: G -

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
hey! I been doing this move lately against a mario and pikachu....and a bunch of other characters....

grab down chain throw-> down air -> let them tech -> chase them -> grab them again -> do the same and then follow up with a knee when you know they are dead

its like really effective so far I mean, because apparently no one expects to see that move done everyone expects the knee

technomancer

Smash Champion
Kirbster can we title that "The Inquisition"?

Seems like they could DI and sex kick out of that Cavesonic

Nurok

Smash Lord
has anyone actually SEEN g-reg?
i have
he lives in a palace
that takes up 400 acres of land
the US gov. made it its own country, and every captain falcon lives there
I swear. I"ve never seen so many green+red+black falcons
but then...
HE steps out of the light
the WHITE FALCON with the crown
it was greg
and he was the supremeoverlord of everything
i could not keep my eyes on him, since i was a falco player+becuz he was godlike
theren was a tratior captain falcon
Greg kneed the dude
and the dude just vanished
i swear u saw the electric stuff
but then he just vanished.
thats when i realized, i was in front of a god

LOL@my imagination

Cort

Apple Head
That there
That's not me
I go
Where I please
I walk through walls
I float down the Liffey
I'm not here
This isn't happening
I'm not here
I'm not here

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
has anyone actually SEEN g-reg?
i have
he lives in a palace
that takes up 400 acres of land
the US gov. made it its own country, and every captain falcon lives there
I swear. I"ve never seen so many green+red+black falcons
but then...
HE steps out of the light
the WHITE FALCON with the crown
it was greg
and he was the supremeoverlord of everything
i could not keep my eyes on him, since i was a falco player+becuz he was godlike
theren was a tratior captain falcon
Greg kneed the dude
and the dude just vanished
i swear u saw the electric stuff
but then he just vanished.
thats when i realized, i was in front of a god

LOL@my imagination
I stared at this post and it was pretty much the best thing i've ever read in my life... i wish i could sig this it was beautiful

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
What is the battle plan vs. lower tiers? At my last tourney I was surprised to find a good Bowser/Mewtwo main who wrecked me. And Mikey L's Zelda wasn't a pushover either.

It's pretty apparent what to do vs. high-tier characters, but I dunno what to look out for, or what to exploit, against lower-tier guys.
Oh, and some help with the Icys would be great. Anything beyond 'Don't get grabbed' and 'Kill Nana first/seperate them.'

SynikaL

Smash Lord
alcapwns was kind enough to record a bunch of matches from a recent tourney. i thought you all would enjoy them!!!

EDIT actually this would be more convenient

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=100034
I gotta admit G-Reg, those were some smooth vids. You seem much better than I thought you would be. KMs pretty sick too. I play both characters -- those vids made me realize how ****ty I've become since I quit this game. Props.

-Kimosabae

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Haha i don't know why i found that so awesome, thanks for giving us a gift G-reg... hey whats a good way to deal with a projectile spamming link when you have somethin like that

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
zelda is all spacing. all you need to do is outspace her. dash dance and use your horizontal superiority. she can win only if her mindgames are way, way better. even then, she should have trouble with a fast comboing falcon.

watch for her wd back spacing. use nairs or knees to get enough distance to hit her even if she wd's.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
If the Zelda is good, then most Nair or Knee approaches end in her F/Bair. Falcon's SH is perfectly level with those attacks. Zelda is always rough on (my) Falcon.

Use platforms to attack from somewhere besides the left or right.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
If the Zelda is good, then most Nair or Knee approaches end in her F/Bair. Falcon's SH is perfectly level with those attacks. Zelda is always rough on (my) Falcon.

Use platforms to attack from somewhere besides the left or right.
Yup, exactly. I'm gonna try to use more stomps because of her crappy vertical game.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Haha, I would say you're wrong and make my own combo thread.not
SHUN THE NONBELIEVERS!!!

Husband came to cataclysm and told every one there that they aren't G-reg, I'm not really sure why he had to though, cause it's quite obvious.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
thanks synikal, im ridiculous.

and thanks to the best smashboards name ever negrojuice, i had a great bday

a gift for my thread readers
I've seen you're videos and I gotta say I was impressed with your combo prowless. They were "ridiculously" good, but my style of Falcon is somewhat different than yours. For instance, for keep away characters (like Marth) I sometimes use "right tilt A" to keep them off balance. Then I use some of the combos u used in your battles, and seal the deal with a electric knee combo or an extremely well timed jumping Falcon punch.

For some reason, I totally own the competition whenever I use his green costume. Is it the same with you when you use his white outfit?

Say bro, when you get Brawl online, let me have your Wii number so we can do battle. I hope Falcon comes back.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
dude, isnt charlestown WV like, within an hour from where i live?
Yo g-reg. It's ya boy 0rion here and I took a look at your $weet $kills. Dang! You might be able to beat my Marth! *ga$p* $till, I'll take ya on anyday of the week.

FWI......I'm shadenexus's twin brother, and yeah, Lee$burg is like an hour and 20 away from here. Maybe we'll come play ya $ometime, or you can come play us. Just hold tight till we get $ome wheel$.

Top Bottom