• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

Kyo Kusanagi

Smash Ace
If the Zelda is good, then most Nair or Knee approaches end in her F/Bair. Falcon's SH is perfectly level with those attacks. Zelda is always rough on (my) Falcon.

Use platforms to attack from somewhere besides the left or right.
That only works if Zelda doesn't see it coming and if she does she'll just teleport away from you, lol, silly nairs and SHL's.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hit him for me and the rest of SWF, please.
Huh? I think you're the only one around here who thinks that way. He gets on my nerves sometimes, but all 'n' all he's chill. (cool) Now, wouldn't the Smash community be boring if there weren't characters like Orion, Uncle Kenny, Eternal Phoenix Fire, and Commonyoshi?:dizzy:

0rion

Smash Journeyman
HA! You'll come around eventually.:laugh: If ya don't well won't lo$e Zzzzz over it.

So G-Reg, I did a map que$t from where me and my bro re$ide and Lee$burg is a hop, $kip, and a jump away from where we are. So how bout it cuz, u wanna mix it up with the be$t there is, the be$t there wa$, and the be$t that ever will be? My Capt. Falcon vs. yours.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
I know people alwasy tell me falcon pwns samus

but im having a hard time getting through the missile spam and samuses higher priority everything

do i just grab again and agian and again?

tips?

Vall3y

Smash Lord
i dont think falcon doesnt really pwn samus. its quite an even match imo.
missle spam doesnt bother falcon that much. a cool trick to do is shffl a nair to her when she is about to shoot a missle (from the ground and even MC'ed), cancel it with one kick and hit her with the other. other than that you can just jump and fast fall to get around them.
what really bothers me about samus is her CC which ***** your nairs, so watch it.
if the samus likes spacing and dodge your attacks with WD backwards, when you can predict it run to her and shffl a stomp behind her where she should stomp.
samus is floaty, but she isnt THAT easy to combo because of her nair and extreme floatyness, so dont become cocky\greedy and knee her when you can. other than at low %, dont use nairs to combo. but because of that floatyness, even only the 2nd kicks of nair sets her up good for stuff.
to counter sweet spotting the ledge with grapple, id ledge hop on the edge so that i grab it again a moment before she shoots it, then when she pulls herself up you can ledgehop (reverse) knee or uair if it wont hit.
dthrow to knee at around 80%.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Got some questions on facing a doc. My friend is picking up doc and I just have certain areas which I have questions on.

First off he likes to pill rush so my strat for that was to time the nair so the first hits the pill and the second hits him as he's following up or bair depending on his damage. It's working so far but are those all my options?

Second what are my options from throws as of now do uthrow to full jump double uair at low percents and dthrow to knee at high, but that's about it.

Third how do I edgeguard doc. Due to his "god hands" I'm having trouble keeping him off. So he ends up living to mid 100's unless I get dthrow to knee. When I jump out to intercept he either pills or capes. The cape isn't to hard to get around I just jump at him forwards and do a bair when he capes, spinning me and hitting him. But the problems for me is pills any tips?

Also any general Doc tips would be nice as well.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
ill try to answer your questions in one big vague answer.

i was impressed with another topic that asks "what is falcon NOT supposed to do to win?". this brings up a great point. many falcons try so hard to do something, that they dont realize positions they are putting themselves in that make them easy targets.

falcon has LOTS of problem spots. the best way to work around it is to learn as much tech as possible and be as fast as possible. this gives you the best advantage to deal with his problem areas. lets start with one already mentioned, his recovery.

his recovery is pretty terrible. it can be abused in multiple ways by nearly all characters. you WILL die most of the time off the stage. you can only try your best and hope for the best. i almost ALWAYS go for the ledge. grabbing the ledge = safe zone. sweetspotting to edgetech is also a technique that should be mastered to ensure maximum life potential. your c falcon WILL die like 50% more if you dont sweetspot. sweetspotting = essential.

theres also many other strategy weaknesses that falcon should not abuse. for instance, dont jump off the ledge for off-stage KOs unless you have COMPLETE control of your falcon. falcon is not good off the edge.... ledgehogging and patience is often the better safer edgeguard. falcon can be gimped hardcore at low %'s, eliminate those from happening and you will live longer, guaranteed.

Dont DI wrong. EVER. this takes lots and lots of experience and practice, but its an absolute must. DI tippers UP, fox usmashes AWAY, etc. etc. my peak damage can often get to 200% while absorbing attacks and using good recovery tech and ledgeteching.

keep l cancels TIGHT. upon landing with a shffl or any l cancelled attack, jump or dash immediately!! and by immediately, i mean immediately, and consistently. campy foxs/marths/sheiks/anyone WAIT for your fubared l cancels and shield lag. this proves to be a great way to avoid grabs, as many chars have devastating grab techniques against falcon. eliminating the beginnings of these techniques eliminates useless % and death combos.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
ill try to answer your questions in one big vague answer.

i was impressed with another topic that asks "what is falcon NOT supposed to do to win?". this brings up a great point. many falcons try so hard to do something, that they dont realize positions they are putting themselves in that make them easy targets.

falcon has LOTS of problem spots. the best way to work around it is to learn as much tech as possible and be as fast as possible. this gives you the best advantage to deal with his problem areas. lets start with one already mentioned, his recovery.

his recovery is pretty terrible. it can be abused in multiple ways by nearly all characters. you WILL die most of the time off the stage. you can only try your best and hope for the best. i almost ALWAYS go for the ledge. grabbing the ledge = safe zone. sweetspotting to edgetech is also a technique that should be mastered to ensure maximum life potential. your c falcon WILL die like 50% more if you dont sweetspot. sweetspotting = essential.

theres also many other strategy weaknesses that falcon should not abuse. for instance, dont jump off the ledge for off-stage KOs unless you have COMPLETE control of your falcon. falcon is not good off the edge.... ledgehogging and patience is often the better safer edgeguard. falcon can be gimped hardcore at low %'s, eliminate those from happening and you will live longer, guaranteed.

Dont DI wrong. EVER. this takes lots and lots of experience and practice, but its an absolute must. DI tippers UP, fox usmashes AWAY, etc. etc. my peak damage can often get to 200% while absorbing attacks and using good recovery tech and ledgeteching.

keep l cancels TIGHT. upon landing with a shffl or any l cancelled attack, jump or dash immediately!! and by immediately, i mean immediately, and consistently. campy foxs/marths/sheiks/anyone WAIT for your fubared l cancels and shield lag. this proves to be a great way to avoid grabs, as many chars have devastating grab techniques against falcon. eliminating the beginnings of these techniques eliminates useless % and death combos.
Make a mental note: G-Reg is the Wikipedia for Captain Falcon.:)

AS Money

Smash Lord
How do people gentleman so **** fast i can do it but it is always so slow when i pull it off then i see others doing it fast

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
AS Money, just be sure to space the button presses evenly throughout. Press the buttons JUST slower than you would as if you were button mashing, and the order in which you press 'em doesn't even matter. AAZ, AAA+Z, AAA, AZZ, etc. Experiment and find your favorite.
The most common ones I believe are AAA and AAZ so they might be the most convenient. ^_^

AS Money

Smash Lord
you hit the A button faster
my problem was when i hit the a butten faster it wouldn't gentleman. and that is the kind of advice i would give. it is kinda annoying comeing from the other side

and i will learn "+Z" to be different

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I seriously thought the g-reg combo was 2 consecutive knees before I read this.But I now better now.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
>_>'
Not to distract from everybody's kissing of G-Reg's ***, but what, if you may be so kind, is the best way to approach Marth on YS or BF?

technomancer

Smash Champion
JC grab or side b inbetween his aerials. Both of those stages you want to knee quick and get him off the side.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Okay thanks for that guys. Spamming knees works ALL the time, though. =P

How about counterpicks? Other than FD and PS, but even then I'm not sure which specific characters I should take there.
Is there a good counterpick against Pika?

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least suspect. That's right you know.
Marth - Pick any stage that gives you some room to get around and not get choked by F-smashes, grabs and tilts.

Pika - Really, there isn't a good counterpick in my opinion, because Falcon>Pikachu in most scenarios, but if you want to minimalize Pika's quickness FD is good It limits where he can recover to, and Falcon can really abuse the difference in speed here, but there are other good stages, but they are generally falcon's good stages anyhow.

A few unorthodox counterpicks could be Rainbow Cruise, Mute City and Pokefloats. It pretty much limits CGing significantly and breaks wobbling. Also it makes CF's recovery "better", because you don't have to worry about edgeguarding.

I've also heard Marths really don't like Mute City, but I haven't played that matchup enough to be authoritive on that.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
CF Best Stages:
FD,Dreamland, and PS... (legit) + Pokefloats and Rainbow crusie(none legit...)

Also Kroy,...
Mute city....how you figure?...thats stageis horrible.... >_<'...unless your significantly better/more mindgames than the opponent...

Vall3y

Smash Lord
hey ya jeremy
wow if you saw me last before i was a smash lord, this means (according to my 2 posts a day in the profile) that you were absent for atleast 152 days

technomancer

Smash Champion
G-Reg is every bit as good as SS, but there's another thread detailing this somewheres. For serious, the dude plays with KM, Azen, Chu, Chillin, etc on a weekly basis, placed nicely at MLG NY despite the ridiculous competition, wins/places at almost every tournament he goes to easily as consistantly as SS and Lunin on the West Coast.

Also in that video he got 2-stocked while going for some crazy G-reg backair knee **** off the side, and if you check out some of the other videos of that set the **** was returned.

Top Bottom