• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my YLink

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
Fighting one of the few people i do fight...sage...i basically know all his tactics....thats y i perform well against him....but plz rate my YLink...i want to main him....

part 1 match 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG7qHrmrFXM

part 2 match 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w5foNpDS0U

part 1 match 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LuYrHzqtqA

part 2 match 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6fxKjWLjuo

we never recorded the final match but i ended up winning...btw it was a little while ago and i did improve...

Abulize

Smash Journeyman
I only saw the first two matches and I just play with YLink for fun but I saw a couple things..

1. I know a good KO move with YLink is the boot wall. You should try implementing that a lil' more for edgeguarding.
2. Stop rolling so much. Learn to wd and if you do learn how to implement in your game as well
3. Spam more. I read the 4 tactics to YLink and I read a key to YLink is to rack up damage with his projectiles.
4. I'm not positive but I don't think his usmash is such a great move to use all the time. You could have had a really easy kill if you just charged a dsmash instead of immediately usmashing. Not positive on that one so sorry if that's incorrect.

Hope this helps. Someone else will probably have better advice for you.

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
I only saw the first teo like Abulize and basically he had it covered but other things you need to work on are SHFFL, using Dsmash more, and you need to learn how to kill. There was no reason for that Ness to be at 230 in the first match.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
FrozenRoy's opinion.

Funny enough given the opening post, this something I had planned for a while, so let's show it off: Froy's Moveset Rankings! Indeed, Warlord's moveset ratings are now not the only codified ones up for everyone to see, just the best.

Since this is my first, why not set some ground rules, alright? Just like Warlord's, these use a 10 star system: It ain't broke, why not fix it, eh? I'll explain what each star corrolates to in a moment. Also remember that all rankings are exclusive to the contest. Just because I give it a ten doesn't neccesarily mean it'd get a ten in, say, MYM10 or something, or such. You get the idea, right? Good.

Second and I guess finally, my ratings are likely to be more...fluid, so to speak, than Warlord's. After all, one's opinion often changes throughout a contest, and so too will my rankings. While I'm not going to be sending a moveset sliding every which way every time I update, expect to see moveset's ratings be moved around over the course of MYM13.

Oh, wait, one more thing: This post will be linked to in the little Aradia in my signature. If you wanna get here, just click it!

Star Rating Explanation

- 10 Stars(1 Ranked): Yes, I actually give out ten stars. 10 stars are for the elite of the elite for the contest...in my opinion, anyway. These sets have neglible negative points or easily glossed over ones, alongside things such as great gameplay, execution, concept and the like.
- 9 Stars(6 Ranked): Nine stars are sets which are personal favorites, but have some sort of flaw keeping them from the 10 stars, or just are slightly less liked: For example, maybe the set is awesome, except the set falls flat on it's face for a few moves, that sort of thing. These are still in the elite, however.
- 8 Stars(7 Ranked): Eight star sets are great sets, but something is missing, keeping them merely in the upper echelons rather than the elite. A little elbow grease and you can take these and turn their moveset philosophies into true tens.
- 7 Stars(9 Ranked): Seven star sets are good, but not great, usually having some large flaw or somesuch to keep them out of higher tiers. Maybe their concept has a critical logic error or the gameplay is particularly flawed in some area, such as an overly long recovery or a gameplay critical move with whack lag times. Movesets here, while good, tend to be ultimately forgettable.
- 6 Stars(24 Ranked): Six stars are sets I like, but which have...issues, really needing massive improvement. Maybe the concepts aren't expanded upon or the set is particularly imbalanced or underdetailed, but with enough to make up for it.
- 5 Stars(8 Ranked): At five stars, I don't like it, but I don't dislike it either...in other words, average. What else needs to be said?
- 4 Stars(8 Ranked): At 4 stars, I dislike the moveset, but I don't dislike it all that much. Maybe it has some redeeming quality that keeps it from the lower rungs or I can understand viewpoints that might lead others to like it. All the same, this is the start of bad.
- 3 Stars(9 Ranked): Three stars? Moveset is bad, with the minimal redeeming qualities, maybe just has one standout thing and then a bunch of crap. You dig me?
- 2 Stars(6 Ranked): At two stars, I hate the moveset. Maybe it's really tacky, hideously imbalanced, characterization destruction, whatever: This is one of the two worst and the moveset is ultimately awful in multiple manners.
- 1 Star(15 Ranked): At one star, the moveset is MEANER THAN SATAN.

Ranked Movesets

No. of MYM13 sets ranked: 93

Sakuya Izayoi
10/10

Jarad
9/10

Rose Lalonde
9/10

Garble
9/10

Lizard
9/10

Dark Meta Knight
9/10

Princess Bubblegum
9/10

The Soldier
8/10

Dark Sun Gwyndolin
8/10

Putata
8/10

The Thief
8/10

Ace Trainer JOE
8/10

SAWTOOTH and SQUAREWAVE
8/10

Young Xehanort
8/10

Armantle
7/10

H.N. Elly
7/10

Porygon-Z
7/10

Trent
7/10

Michael Reynolds
7/10

Bisharp
7/10

Koala Kong
7/10

Nyx Assassin
7/10

Pharaoh Man
7/10

Witch
6/10

King Sombra
6/10

Cashman
6/10

Luke Atmey
6/10

Queen Worm
6/10

Kammy Koopa
6/10

Zak Gramarye
6/10

Clayton
6/10

Feraligatr
6/10

Bubbleman.EXE
6/10

Zigzagoon
6/10

Alakazam
6/10

Zodick the Hellhog
6/10

Uka Uka
6/10

Magnemite
6/10

Tabitha Orleans
6/10

The Joker
6/10

Killerman
6/10

Larfleeze
6/10

Demoman
6/10

GLaDOS
6/10

The Sniper
6/10

Deathborn
6/10

Stromboli
6/10

Wind Waker Bang Head Against Wall Guy
5/10

Manny Pacquiao
5/10

Mike Dawson
5/10

Aquaman
5/10

Lord Voldemort
5/10

Queen Chrysalis
5/10

Madolche Majoleine
5/10

The Creeper
5/10

The Heavy
4/10

Mistleteinn
4/10

Lyndis
4/10

George Washington
4/10

Ashens
4/10

Clumsy Assassin
4/10

Drillman.EXE
4/10

Yukiki
4/10

Grimlock
3/10

Gigalith
3/10

Trixie
3/10

Kapella
3/10

Athena
3/10

Willy Wonka
3/10

Breloom
3/10

Bigfoot
3/10

Shang Tsung
3/10

The Pyro
2/10

The Scout
2/10

Tigger
2/10

Sauron
2/10

Soundwave
2/10

Arsenal Primid
2/10

Ghetsis
1/10

The Flim-Flam Brothers
1/10

Derpy Hooves
1/10

Flashman.EXE
1/10

Sandman
1/10

Grinding Gears
1/10

Strong Bad
1/10

Cooking Mama
1/10

Lady Gaga
1/10

Mukae Emukae
1/10

Ember
1/10

Banana Nut Sundae
1/10

Yoshika
1/10

The Medic
1/10

2/7th Discord
1/10

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
^^^^ try not to take them too seriously
u definitely need to start killing faster. u had sooooo many oppurtunities to kill and took very few of them. other than that you was pretty quick and had nice reflexes, stayed on his *** the whole time but ultimately failed to deliver the killing blow when it was necisary. use dair and dsmash more and not his up/fsmash so much (soo easy to DI) im not a y-link expert and im not sure what laijin reccomends for using to kill nesses but im pretty sure that uair/dair are the best ones for any floaty, and maybe dsmash in certain edgeguarding situations. ur spam was nice, general pace of the match was nice and i can tell ur not a noob, but ur tendency to want to rack up damage and sorta kick him around (which is great at low-mid damages) got the better of you and u have to learn to play different when hes at higher damage.

nice flash@sage

Bane

Smash Journeyman
I found that you were good, but your projectile game wasn't. To clarify, projectiles need to be more precise and frequent. Often, you stood stationary on the edge and lobbed bombs at Ness, sometimes they went over his head... when he wasn't moving in up-b recovery. I physically winced. SHORTHOP PROJECTILES. You have legs, use them, shorthop back once, just a bit, and you'll hit him. you can also full jump up onto platforms sometimes, though not an advanced technique, full jumping gives you time to prepare a projectile assault. Those platforms aren't just for decoration you know, Younk Link is a mobile character, he should be darting around, fluid and unpredictable, not trudging aroung like a giant troll. Generally though, your timing was quite good and I appreciated how you use up-b in combat, a rare tactic these days, but you employed it quite tastefully. Shorthop before you pull out a bomb, that way you can have minor control even in your lag. And finally, though jumping out after Ness can be risky, it's ultimately worth it. Sage was just floating there, waiting to be n-aired in his grosley disproportional face, and you would just lob a few half-hearted projectiles at him. I nearly wept (not really). Dsmash and dair need to come into play more often as well, Ness seemed to live way longer then his feeble constitution should allow. And finally, once you start JUMPING, I hope you find that rolling to move about will become obselete.

All that being said, you still have good core skill, you just lack a some sophistication, and since then you may have already corrected the above flaws by now anyways. Good Luck and keep on trucking.

Oh... BTW, yes, that PK Flash was pretty intense.

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
yea thanx...and that was a while ago...and after seeing how people critiqued other YLinks i improved mine after that...but thanx anyways...ill try to post up a more recent one...i do think that a few points of my game got a bit worse....but mostly it got better...

Top Bottom