• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

The Newb

Smash Ace

g-regulate

Smash Hero
america is great because people have the right to say whatever they want, just displaying their opinion, no matter how uneducated, ignorant, and incorrect it may be.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
G-Reg is every bit as good as SS, but there's another thread detailing this somewheres. For serious, the dude plays with KM, Azen, Chu, Chillin, etc on a weekly basis, placed nicely at MLG NY despite the ridiculous competition, wins/places at almost every tournament he goes to easily as consistantly as SS and Lunin on the West Coast.

Also in that video he got 2-stocked while going for some crazy G-reg backair knee **** off the side, and if you check out some of the other videos of that set the **** was returned.
tech you relize i relize when you only had one post...and now you have a higher rank than me...how.

punisher47

Smash Journeyman
G-Reg is every bit as good as SS, but there's another thread detailing this somewheres. For serious, the dude plays with KM, Azen, Chu, Chillin, etc on a weekly basis, placed nicely at MLG NY despite the ridiculous competition, wins/places at almost every tournament he goes to easily as consistantly as SS and Lunin on the West Coast.

Also in that video he got 2-stocked while going for some crazy G-reg backair knee **** off the side, and if you check out some of the other videos of that set the **** was returned.

well said my friend well said.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
i just think its funny how much g reg insists that he is amazing. If you were truly amazing you would just let your playing do your talking instead of making a thread to impress a bunch of noobs. He might be a decent player, but gloating about it all the time isn't necessary.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
i just think its funny how much g reg insists that he is amazing. If you were truly amazing you would just let your playing do your talking instead of making a thread to impress a bunch of noobs. He might be a decent player, but gloating about it all the time isn't necessary.
Nice..... Real Nice..... but seriouslly all jokes aside. G-regs good... but he cant live up to his bragging.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Uh-oh i sense that this is going to turn into the

ChozenOne Fuxes W/ Amazingness Thread soon enough

First come the flames.. then everyone hugs at the end...

*blast helmets are on*

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i only get flamed by people who arent good though, because everyone who actually IS good knows that its all in good fun and that i try to enjoy playing the game and have a good time. meanwhile, other people who suck at the game will rain on other peoples parade by taking everything too seriously, and climb down your throat for every post that doesnt "check out" with your tourney record. in fact, most of the flaming i get is from the people who have never met or played me, whereas everyone who plays me regularly or has even played me a few times ever is always chill and has a good time. im ****ing amazing at this game though.

EDIT: i mean, all johns aside, i dont know how many times i have to explain how i beat azen. like, how many people have beaten azen ever, like 10?

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Reading your post G-reg (above mine), is what I'v always thought (the all in fun thing...not the azen thing...but good point)

I know for a fact G-Reg is good...thats not the issue, I dont know if it was meant for me or not, but I was just saying G-reg could never live up to his bragging...and that I still stand by cause its true and like you said all in good fun...everyone else if there knockin you or whatver yeh its probably because they cant beat you...most likely I cant beat you...atleast not untill brawl comes out (in brawl ima own......my internet = 5mbps/no lag for me)...but yeh I forgot my point...its all good Greg we will play one day. Hopefully...

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I hate people who just don't get it!

"G-reg pwns at life"
Typical idiot: no he doesn't he loses just like everyone else!
No he doesn't, he never loses unless he wants to
Typical idiot: you're stupid, hes not that good.

Is the gist of the conversations that take place when g-reg's name is used in the presense of an idiot.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
dthrow to nair works great on doc and mario when they dont DI away at lower %. uair works good for like mid to high %

Rage.

Smash Ace
G-Reg is amazing
something about tough cookies

G-reg make a combo video cause I think that you havent made one. Have you?

GenG

Smash Lord
G-reg can't possibly make a combo video because it will collapse internet.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Ok im just gonna say it...GREG YOU SUCK! no im joking just thought Id shake this thread up alittle...now im bout to get bashed... but seriouslly G-Reg you outta play me somtime in brawl assuming you get it...it would be an honor...for you to do that for me..

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
there was some question about how to handle doc earlier in here, i believe i may be able to offer some insight.

at low %'s, doc downthrows reeeeaaally nicely. i think unless he has perfect down and away DI, you can nair him after a downthrow at low %'s.
from here, you have to act depending on DI:
1) no DI, you can either nair again or regrab (i prefer regrab, to start the combo over again. after 15 or 20%, no amount of DI away will save doc from being arieled after a dthrow)
2) if he DI's down and away, he will have to tech, i suggest throwing a stomp where you think he will tech and combo from there
3) if he DI's up, then shffl up air.

regardless of which DI he choses, if you follow up correctly, you will be able to hit with another ariel that can lead to a knee. doc is the number 1 character that i perform 0-death combos on, and 0-death (or below 20% to death) combos on doc generally happen one every 3 matches when i play against a doc in my general skill level.

i could be wrong, but i believe mario has the same fastfall and weight physics, and can be combo'd either identically or very close.

at low %'s, marth combos quite similarly to doc as well, and many of what i said applies to marth, too.

one of the best ways to gimp a marth is to dthrow a marth, SHFLL a nair in to him so he goes off the stage. jump at him and upair, then double jump up air again. unless he was at a VERY low %, he will be pushed too far to survive and edge hog.

to edge guard marth, try the light shield technique. roll backwards to the edge of the stage so you are facing away from it, but are REALLY close to falling off. light shield, and angle it down and off the stage. when marth comes to upB, he will knock you off and cause you to grab the edge, and will be edgehogged. good marths will see this and time their upB to land on the stage. if this is the case, a simple ledge hop KNEE will end that marth's stock.

luigi dies to this trick identically, except that luigi can NOT land on the stage with his upB. if a luigi needs to catch the edge with an upB and you correectly perform this trick, it is a guarenteed stock.

hope that helps.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
G-Reg! I demand that you make money, come to australia, visit the aussie scene and demonstrate your amazingness here! lol in return i could record matches and post it for you, so that everyone would know of your power. It's win-win ;]

g-regulate

Smash Hero
how bout this..... you buy me round trip tickets around the time of some aussie tourney, and if i get 1st place, ill just pay back the prize money to you.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dont DI wrong. EVER. this takes lots and lots of experience and practice, but its an absolute must. DI tippers UP, fox usmashes AWAY, etc. etc. my peak damage can often get to 200% while absorbing attacks and using good recovery tech and ledgeteching.
Fox's waveshining, Pillaring, Peach's and marth's chaingrab?

In as much detail as possible if you could.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Marth can't effectively chaingrab Falcon. He can Fthrow to regrab at low percents, which you can jab out of.

The other thing Marth does which brutally ***** Falcon is Uthrow->Uptilt, which you should DI across Marths body, and if he follows up with an Aerial DI it away. You should be able to jump before he can smash. Other Marth throws should be DI'd down, and then just don't jump into the ****.

Peach's chaingrab, just DI onto a platform and then DI the follow up towards the center of the stage.

Waveshining you can either CC and try to jab out or DI away, and try to C-Stick buffer a roll before they can shine you again. Either way it's important that you DI the followup grab or smash to give them trouble killing you off the top.

G-reg doesn't need DI he broke Marth's sword on his steel nuts so I figured I'd help

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
The problem with fox's waveshine is if the fox is really good at it. Technically you shouldn't be able to avoid it (although most of the time they aren't quite fast enough so you can roll or shield or something like that). But If I am near the edge I DI towards the stage so that I'll grab the ledge to avoid getting shine spiked.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
The problem with fox's waveshine is if the fox is really good at it. Technically you shouldn't be able to avoid it (although most of the time they aren't quite fast enough so you can roll or shield or something like that). But If I am near the edge I DI towards the stage so that I'll grab the ledge to avoid getting shine spiked.
holding in prevents the shine off to shine spike? Any other tips on compating the fox wave shine?

technomancer

Smash Champion
You can hold down shield and attempt to c-stick buffer roll, or just DI away and then mash A for a second to try to jab/clang.

Top Bottom