• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
My tekken 5 game is pretty unbeatable.
u wana play? i got skill =)

o-no i cant believe u would be so mean and pick peach on those laggy cubes!!
ADVANTAGES R CHEAP!

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Midnight smashing at Ether's? I'm all for that, no one to play as of recently.

And yeah, Epic Madness 3 = sweeeeeeeeeeee333eeet. Can't wait, enver.

Ether

Smash Ace
The worst night of smash in history

Six smashers met for midnight gaming at Ether's.

Aurora, It's Ganon, Kitsune, Schoolie Dee, and Slash all came to **** this poor man.
Doubles went underway immediately, and Ether lost his first match and was forced to yield his controller port to a more worthy player.

At one point, Ether decided to don the almighty M2K tag. No one was prepared for the **** that ensued. Try as they might, the opposing team could not take one stock from Mew2EtherKing. However, everyone enjoyed the following games, while plotting how to kill Ether >_>...

It's Ganon stepped outside for a moment, and he came back with horrible news -- his car had been towed. It was a possibility that we had all been aware of that had never actually occurred. Everyone rushed outside to check their cars; sure enough, three cars had been towed in all, each one costing $105 to retrieve.

Guys, park on the side of the road. And please don't stop coming to my events. I feel VERY bad for what happened, but I was having loads of fun. :(

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Robert De Niro, Alan Rickman, and Manacloud present:
EPIC MADNESS VOL. 3 o_O!!!!!

more on this later, basics:
Saturday, Sunday, GTFO Monday
venue [lodging/food/drink] = $5
tourney = $10
bring setups, extension chords, power strips

EDIT: DON'T BE ****ING ********...and no Red Marths.

Koorii

Smash Cadet
Let's be clear DeNiro...the $10 tourney fee, i believe is going to cover teams and singles...so $5 a piece right? And I believe we will be having TEAM GREEN GREENS II! fee for that will be posted later...

Ether

Smash Ace
Cars getting towed is Peach lv gaynessss!
o-no is off work thursday....ether...marth training day?
o-no is back on da streetz!!!
Everyday is a training day until I get a job. Hey, how was that call center job that you told me about?

I extend the invitation for people to come play me again. I know Mashi and Riku wanted to smash today. Anyone from last night wanna pick up where we left off?

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
Everyday is a training day until I get a job. Hey, how was that call center job that you told me about?

I extend the invitation for people to come play me again. I know Mashi and Riku wanted to smash today. Anyone from last night wanna pick up where we left off?
hell yeah, i'll be off of work by around.. 5 so i'll IM you and probably head over

M3RC

Smash Apprentice
Im free untill Friday if anyone wants to test out my sezy new and improved Fralcon.

DRUnKAHn SMAHSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Big fest on Sun and I have the day off with no ride down there....fack. And with all the improving I've been doing...gragh! Anyone from newport heading down that I could possibly catch a ride with?

And Lol at O-NO now being a regular at play around. That Multicide is too good eh?

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Multicade = S++ upper god tier!
epic smash all this week then i see. im off work thursday but i have NO FREAKIN idea whats going on.
smash today?
i can smash today. i want to get some matches in 3rd strike or accent core as well

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Hey Otis, if you can't smash thurday, myself Zen, Dragoncharlz and possilby Whodat are going to be starting work on the next TBFN review that day at my house....and golly gee is this game broken.

If you're interested in coming to help work it on though, pm me or call Jamie something like that.

And Multicide rules! DAN-KU-GA FTW!

toasty

Smash Hero

Epic Madness Vol. 3 o_O !!!
[BRING $$$]

I NEED CHAIRS, SETUPS, EXTENSION CORDS, AND POWER STRIPS [and possibly snacks?...only a FULL setup (TV/Cube/Smash) will take care of your venue fee]

Also: Cory [It's Ganon!] and Khalil [Gum] will be hosting this along with me, because I have work on Saturday, so please show them the same respect as you would to me...whatever they say goes, and I'm not kidding.

Pretty much the same as before.
When: Saturday - Monday, August 18th - 20th, Starting 3/4PM [unfortunately, it's still a bit tentative at this point due to the need for transporting certain players and equip and other necessary supplies with a very small window of time...please call me for more information, I will do my best to get back to you]
Since there will be an actual tourney and this is a 2+ day event, I've added something new and it's important:
VENUE FEE: $5 [lodging/food/drink]
Tourney Fees: $10
MLG Rules
Where:
819 Jamestown Crescent
Norfolk VA 23508
757 635 7806
On the corner of Jamestown Crescent and Bolling Avenue. It's a townhouse at the right end of the row. Right next to a bridge that has a 7-Eleven on the other side of the bridge.
DIRECTIONS FROM ODU:
If you are on campus facing Hampton Blvd, head left toward 49th St. The first street after 49th is Bolling Avenue. Turn right. Go to the very end. My house is on the corner, but for parking, park on the right side before the street ends, because there is a no parking zone toward the end. Also, you can't park on left side. I live literally 3 minutes away from ODU.

Some rules:
You break it, pay for it, then leave.
If you bring someone I don't know, you are responsible for ANYTHING they do.

Don't be stupid.
Please remove your shoes.
Please respect my house. My parents had NO idea what kind of insanity went down last time, let's keep it that way.
I'm going to have a separate bag for empty soda cans/bottles so I don't have to pick up 60 ****ing cans around the house again.
If you'd like to bring food/drinks, please do so.

GTFO Time:
Monday @ 6PM if you have to, or if you're from Richmond, you can crash (please let me know in advance if you plan on staying so I can properly accomodate everyone).
BRING SLEEPING STUFF. DON'T EXPECT ME TO SUPPLY IT. [blanket/pillow/sleeping bag, that kinda thing]

What you can expect:
4-5 setups [actually, I still need those o_O]
I have a cube/smash, but no viable TV.
SATURDAY: friendlies until the team tournament at night [7PM]
SUNDAY: Singles tourney, starting at 1 PM
and SUNDAY NIGHT: TEAM GREEN GREENS II!!!!
For those not in the know:
Aside from the normal excess of shenanigans you've come to expect from SoVa smashfests, I'm throwing a GREEN GREENS TEAMS TOURNEY for a dollar. The winners gets the money [unless I become greedy and claim it as "venue fee" lmao, probably not...unless people decide to disrespect my house] AND exclusive rights to a full plate of the only thing I'm top-tier at: nachos.

Who you can expect so far:
Richmond:
"everybody"

SoVa:
...uh...haven't made a "list" yet so fill me in...and I'll fill in the rest when I'm not too lazy to remember

::Recap of Essentials::

What I have:
2 TVs [one of them is tiny though]
1 Cube/Smash
1 Wii/Smash

What I need:
Chairs
Extension Cords
Power Strips
at LEAST 3 more TVs
3 Cubes/Wiis/copies of Smash
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR COPIES OF SMASH WORK AND THAT YOU CAN GET YOUR TV TO INPUT MODE...we can't be havin those failures again :(

****'S GONNA BE EPIC!!!!
NO SQUANDERING!!!

SlashTalon

Smash Ace

Epic Madness Vol. 3 o_O !!!
[BRING $$$]

What I have:
2 TVs [one of them is tiny though]
1 Cube/Smash
1 Wii/Smash

What I need:
Chairs
Extension Cords
Power Strips
at LEAST 3 more TVs
3 Cubes/Wiis/copies of Smash
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR COPIES OF SMASH WORK AND THAT YOU CAN GET YOUR TV TO INPUT MODE...we can't be havin those failures again :(

****'S GONNA BE EPIC!!!!
NO SQUANDERING!!!
I'll try bringing as much out of the "What I need" list as I can.
Though I work in the afternoon on Sat and the mornin on Sun and Mon.

toasty

Smash Hero
I'll try bringing as much out of the "What I need" list as I can.
Though I work in the afternoon on Sat and the mornin on Sun and Mon.
like I said man, do what you can and enjoy it while you're here, you'll be sure to get in some good games, if we have enough setups, not everything will have to be devoted to tourney matches, so you'll be sure to get in some great matches...whatever you bring is beyond appreciated

Top Bottom