• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Counterpick/Ban list UPDATED! *updates ban list later* =)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i hate brinstar, so i don't usually fight on there so i don't know

i'm thinking small stages against ganon are bad
large stages good
battlefield neutral

RapeFalcon

Smash Apprentice
If for some reason someone doesn't agree to ban yoshi's vs. "GANON" then I suggest to ban FoD, :urg: though I don't know why anyonne would rather play Ganon on YS than on FoD?:confused:

CPTNfalcon

Smash Apprentice
If for some reason someone doesn't agree to ban yoshi's vs. "GANON" then I suggest to ban FoD, :urg: though I don't know why anyonne would rather play Ganon on YS than on FoD?:confused:
LOL I don't think anyone is that crazy. Isai, Dark, SS, and G-Reg they probably can couterpick YS against Ganon and still win:laugh: they're just good like that:chuckle:

RapeFalcon

Smash Apprentice
what stages is DK good at vs Falcon?

LOL I don't think anyone is that crazy. Isai, Dark, SS, and G-Reg they probably can couterpick YS against Ganon and still win:laugh: they're just good like that:chuckle:
Because they're like the Four Horsemen of of all falcon users:laugh:

Hax

Smash Champion
RapeFalcon said:
Ganondorf ban Yoshi's Story

Top Tier: FD, PokeFloats, Rainbow Cruise, DK64
Upper Tier: Pokemon Stadium, Dreamland 64
Middle Tier: Battlefield, Corneria, Brinstar
Lower Tier: Mute City, FoD, Princess Peach's Castle
Bottom Tier: Yoshi's Story, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Onett
DK64 is probably upper-tier vs ganon. he is your clone after all and can take utilize the stage's aspects nearly as well as falcon can, however falcon manuevers the stage much faster naturally giving him an advantage, but not a MAJOR advantage.

CPTNfalcon

Smash Apprentice
Because they're like the Four Horsemen of of all falcon users:laugh:
:laugh:ROFL:laugh:

DK64 is probably upper-tier vs ganon. he is your clone after all and can take utilize the stage's aspects nearly as well as falcon can, however falcon manuevers the stage much faster naturally giving him an advantage, but not a MAJOR advantage.
not really ganon is too slow to use the stages platforms like falcon, the only thing I think Ganon can use better tham falcon is the barrel because his down B is shorter and makes it easier for him to target the barrel, but IMO the stage is completely in falcon's favor

EDIT: Today I noticed first hand why sheik dont have a "top tier" counterpick LOL

RapeFalcon

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for not editing the guide for a long time I just got my internet connection back yesterday

CPTNfalcon

Smash Apprentice
Yeah bottom tier does matter you know. I use B0ozer :)
This definetly needs to get stickied very helpful against characters I have little experience against

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, Falcon wouldn't consider Onett to be bottom-tier vs. Kirby. Onett totally strangles Kirby; eliminating all Kirbycides and airguarding.

Hax

Smash Champion
In my opinion, Falcon wouldn't consider Onett to be bottom-tier vs. Kirby. Onett totally strangles Kirby; eliminating all Kirbycides and airguarding.
truth. falcon definitely ***** kirby on onett. he can still shoot you out when he sucks you up with his B though since he can basically walk to the blast line, but this is a LOT easier to deal with than true kirbycides.

believe it or not a good kirby stands a very fair chance against a falcon.

CPTNfalcon

Smash Apprentice
True that onett is pretty good against Kirby but IMO not good enough to counterpick against anyone not even kirby. I just hate the cars and excess walls of the stage.

RapeFalcon

Smash Apprentice
I'll be adding tips for each character mostly showing my opinion on the stages and characters. Feel free to correct me, suggest anything I should add, or anything I overlooked (Onett against Kirby).

CPTNfalcon

Smash Apprentice
I'll be adding tips for each character mostly showing my opinion on the stages and characters. Feel free to correct me, suggest anything I should add, or anything I overlooked (Onett against Kirby).
LOL I wouldn't have noticed that either.

EDIT: I glad I aint the only one who thinks Yoshis is a bad stage vs Fox.

RapeFalcon

Smash Apprentice
Yeah my friend ***** me on levels like yoshi's story with his Fox because the way he moves its like he's everywhere at once (kind of like falcon but fox has the shine). He drill shines then waveshines me off the stage.

CPTNfalcon

Smash Apprentice
idk bout being everywhere at once but my friend has a fox that SHFFLs anything and shines right after just to look fast and that **** be intimidatin me the next thing I notice im off the stage bout to get shine spiked. Thats why I take him to pokefloats where I do the running

EDIT: btw very informative tips on fox and falco, Do you use any of them?

RapeFalcon

Smash Apprentice
next thing I notice im off the stage bout to get shine spiked. Thats

EDIT: btw very informative tips on fox and falco, Do you use any of them?
Since my friend does it often we called it "getting gayed" (getting waveshined off the stage at 0% then shined spiked continuously until falcon has no chance of coming back)

Yeah I use falco thats why I said IMO he's similar to falcon but when im falco using the side B recovery = I can wall tech the shine spike pretty easy and when im recovering he shines again I wall tech that one but I just get down smashed anyway but it looks crazy as **** when I pull it off. I hope falcon can tech the shine in brawl.

CPTNfalcon

Smash Apprentice
"getting gayed" (getting waveshined off the stage at 0% then shined spiked continuously until falcon has no chance of coming back)
ROFL!!! XD:laugh::laugh: That will soon be in my sig.

U got any vids of urself other than the one wit da 2 tapion punches (that **** was exclusive)

Instead pm me cuz this be off topic of yo thread

ohpistachios

Smash Apprentice

Top Tier: Yoshi's Story, PokeFloats, FD, Battlefield
Upper Tier: DK64, Pokemon Stadium, Mute City, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64
Middle Tier: Brinstar, FoD, Princess Peach's Castle
Lower Tier: Corneria
Bottom Tier: Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Onett
gotta disagree here. yoshi's story is precisely the kind of stage you don't want to pick against bowser. in this matchup, falcon's looking for space to combo. also, bowser's edgegame vs falcon is far superior to falcon's edgegame vs bowser, so keep that in mind.

most of the other stages seem pretty well placed, though i'm not sure about battlefield being so high

Hax

Smash Champion
above poster is right. yoshi's is bowser's best stage imo and he really takes up all the space that stage gives you. plus the ledges are always close to you so his up-b tricks work very well.

RapeFalcon

Smash Apprentice
U got any vids of urself other than the one wit da 2 tapion punches (that **** was exclusive)
yea that match was REALLY old I just watched the vid I couldn't believe that was me playing. . . . I was so slow, and I use Blood Falcon now

gotta disagree here. yoshi's story is precisely the kind of stage you don't want to pick against bowser. in this matchup, falcon's looking for space to combo. also, bowser's edgegame vs falcon is far superior to falcon's edgegame vs bowser, so keep that in mind.

most of the other stages seem pretty well placed, though i'm not sure about battlefield being so high

Thanks a lot I don't play against Low tiers too often especially Bowser so it was easy for me to foget the up B moves and his edgegame.

CPTNfalcon

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I use falco thats why I said IMO he's similar to falcon but when im falco using the side B recovery = I can wall tech the shine spike pretty easy and when im recovering he shines again I wall tech that one but I just get down smashed anyway but it looks crazy as **** when I pull it off. I hope falcon can tech the shine in brawl.
WTF TWICE!! 0.o? is that even legal? gotta see it 2 believe it.

RapeFalcon

Smash Apprentice
Added the match-up I have mostly done since I started playing this game last year. Marth.

WTF TWICE!! 0.o? is that even legal? gotta see it 2 believe it.
I probly will get some vids of me up in october since I haven't been to a tournament since like April which was my first one (mainly because I never have a ride to go to them).

CPTNfalcon

Smash Apprentice

Top Tier: Dreamland 64, DK64, PokeFloats, FD
Upper Tier: Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise
Middle Tier: Pokemon Stadium, Brinstar, Battlefield
Lower Tier: Corneria
Bottom Tier: Every other stage

edit : Pokestadium should def move up to upper

RapeFalcon

Smash Apprentice
added Peach I tried to help but I hate her.

Yoshi's should be bumped down to neutral or lower tier imo.

edit : Pokestadium should def move up to upper
Thanks this shows that one of these days i've gotta look at everything I wrote down carefully. But im too lazy :laugh:.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i also think you should add in at least like one good video against each character, i saw the falco boards and they had it and it was pretty nice, just a thought

CPTNfalcon

Smash Apprentice
this should get stickied already
For real almost all threads on the falcon boards is bout "critique my falcon" or "need help starting combos" mostly spam about stuff that has been said on guides that have been stickied to help you. This is a thread that helps and should get stickied.

EDIT if u a mod and read this could u explain why this hasn't been stickied.

RapeFalcon

Smash Apprentice
I finally got time to re-check everything, after getting a lot of PMs suggesting lots of things. I decided to edit a lot of things on the guide. The list checks of perfectly imo and I guess is really helpful.

On tips, i'm sure there's already a thread on match-ups. Also I haven't played a few characters enough to try and help anyone out when I might need help against it too.

EDIT: Also on the sticky, this is a list based on a lot of people's OPINIONS not facts. For example G-reg likes being taken to FoD because he said he likes platforms. If there is enough discussion where we could come to a unanimous decision on the list, then should this get stickied.

CPTNfalcon

Smash Apprentice
I finally got time to re-check everything, after getting a lot of PMs suggesting lots of things. I decided to edit a lot of things on the guide. The list checks of perfectly imo and I guess is really helpful.

On tips, i'm sure there's already a thread on match-ups. Also I haven't played a few characters enough to try and help anyone out when I might need help against it too.

EDIT: Also on the sticky, this is a list based on a lot of people's OPINIONS not facts. For example G-reg likes being taken to FoD because he said he likes platforms. If there is enough discussion where we could come to a unanimous decision on the list, then should this get stickied.

Quick question, about the tips how often do you land the gentleman? not saying anything but its really hard to not mess up the gentleman and the way you said to use it, hints that u know something a lot of people on the falcon boards don't know which sounds hard 2 believe.

I guess the G-reg thing makes sense sinse he a beast but this is still REALLY helpful especially on the falcon boards, since nowadays nothing but spam and noob threads keep being created. This definetly needs to get stickied.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I never knew Pokefloats worked in falcon's favour. i also see where the Falcons in my area are getting the idea of DK64 as a counterpick from >_> Good guide man. Mad prrrops :D

Lucius8888

Smash Rookie
Mute City is a good stage for falcon as his recovery is crap anyways it screws over ppl with better recovery evenly, plus with no where to go in certain situations tech chasing is a lot easier and when it opens up falcons mobility really shines!

Top Bottom