• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrabbing fox, falco, and captain falcon

Magus420

Smash Master
Made a text file with everything using AR awhile back along with some other stuff I do when CGing.

-----------------------
Falco (15%-108%)
-----------------------

***U-Throw D-Smash***
Away: 0%-31% (Must Walk)
Behind: 0%-10%

*** No DI ***
End: (Pivot=109%-111%), (Non-Pivot=108%)

*** Up-Towards DI ***
End: (JC Grab=117%-118%), (Dash Grab=109%-111%)

(U-Tilt, Turnaround U-Tilt [Up&Towards DI] Ends @ 95%), (U-Smash KOs @ 118%-150% on FD)

--------------------
Fox (21%-96%)
--------------------

***U-Throw D-Smash***
Away: 0%-26% (Must Walk)
Behind: 0%-12% (11-12 is Picky)

*** No DI ***
End: (Pivot=104%-106%), (Non-Pivot=96%)

*** Up-Towards DI ***
End: (JC Grab=108%-109%), (Dash Grab=102%)

(U-Tilt, Turnaround U-Tilt [Up&Towards DI] Ends @ 97%), (U-Smash KOs @ 112%-145% on FD)

-------------------------------
Captain Falcon (1%-77%)
-------------------------------
(Use Standing Turn-around grab for behind DI from 0%-9%)

***U-Throw D-Smash***
Away: N/A
Behind: 0%-7%

*** No DI ***
End: (Pivot=78%-79%), (Non-Pivot=69%, Turn Around Grab=77%)

*** Up-Towards DI ***
End: (JC Grab=83%-84%), (Dash Grab=78%-79%)

Cort

Apple Head
Man, I love you Magus.

How did you go about figuring those %s? Really curious.

And is it fairly safe to assume that jumping out at the % limits you posted is actually pretty-humanly-very-hard-sortof? And it's safer to assume that people will usually jump out at slightly higher percents?

Magus420

Smash Master
I just used AR to find the exact points (before the throw) where Peach is able to regrab on any DI for the beginning, and then the end points are when the grab is timed as late as possible so it comes out the frame the stun ends and they are able to input a jump/shine and be out of range/invincible on the next. I'm pretty sure I used 6% for the damage on the escape %s (this is the average damage when you're hitting them between the throws + stale moves), and I believe I used the full 8% on the initial starting %s.

The pivot damages reflect how much higher you can get them when the grab hitbox is positioned in the best way so the topmost part of the grab box connects with them letting you grab them higher up and very slightly earlier during their fall. I didn't think to try walking forward slightly and turning around into a grab, but that should probably work almost/just as well and be easier.

The ending %s I listed next to their names didn't include pivoting because of the difficulty of timing the pivot just right so you not only get the right spacing but also the perfect timing of the grab during their fall, but doing the walk turn around grab instead should let you get around the pivot % ranges and be a lot more feasible to time the grab perfectly.

As long as they have good timing and/or use an effective jumping technique like pressing X,Y, and Up immediately after the other around when they can jump out the error usually falls more on the person timing the grab rather than the person trying to time the jump. When they do that they basically get 3 chances (3 jump inputs) to time something that's instantaneous as opposed to the grabber that has 2 chances (the 2 frames a grab hits for) to time something with a 6 frame delay ontop of placing the grab correctly to connect with the top of the hitbox.

They should really be able to jump out at slightly lower percents than the ones here rather than higher. However, if they only use one button to do the jump or try to be cute and shine out it's pretty reasonable that the CGee's error will be as much or very slightly greater than the CGer's when both are very good at the timing though, and can then get the full range or a few % more on them on average since it's a 2 frame window with a tiny delay compared to an instantaneous 1 frame window.

Cort

Apple Head
Action Replay is a cheat device kind of like Gameshark. It let's you access different modes of the game the developers used for... development. It let's you play the game at frame by frame, view hitboxes, lots of fancy stuff that people use to understand this game better.

What you can uthrow dsmash them at 0% ???

Can't they just tech the throw b4 the dsmash hit or is my timing just wrong?
You're timing it wrong. It's best to uthrow dsmash if you get a grab at 0 vs the spacies. Sometimes they miss their tech letting you dash attack them, sometimes popping them up into grab range again, and then the CGs begin. =)

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
Peach n00b here, asking some n00bish questions. I usually play Marth and I can easily chain grab Fox and Falco.

But with Peach I've been try to practice chain grabs against Falco, Falcon, and Fox. I can't seem to get down the timing against a level 1 CPU b/c of the DI. Do you have to run and grab, or wavedash and grab? Also, I'm assuming from Magnus420 that JC results in higher and longer CG right? Finally, does anyone know the frame for Peach's throw, I know typically they are 5 or 8 frames right?

Cort

Apple Head
Do not jump cancel Peach's grab when you CG. She has more range with her dash grab and you don't waste frames jump canceling (during the "kneebend")

Just dash and grab.

Tako

Smash Cadet
falco or fox like from 18-90, or do what i do i str8t up tech chase

Top Bottom