• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move! Super Smash Boards Brawl - And the winners are...

Tha_Goverment

Smash Cadet
This is a specials-only moveset for my made up character Winn (as in, winner), who will likely star in the games I plan on making in the future. (I plan on being a game director when I'm older, and I've got some pretty unique ideas right now.) Winn is technically a sword-user, but he uses his blade in several unique ways, and most of his standard attacks are punches, kicks, etc. Anyways, here it is.

Stats:
Height: 3/5 Roughly Falco's size.
Weight: 2.5/5 Same as Luigi's.
Speed: 3/5 Same as Mario's.
Jump: 4/5 Similar to Falco's, but like everyone else in Brawl, he's extremely floaty.
Strength: 3/5 Good combos, but not many killing moves.
As you can see, Winn's a fairly balanced character. I made these stats mostly because I'm a Mario/Dr. Mario/Falco player.

Specials:
Neutral: Shine Burst- Winn swings his sword in a fashion similar to the way Link swings the Dominion Rod in TP. A small, shiny white orb flies out of the tip of his blade and travels in a straight line for about the same distance as Link's boomerang, without returning. Upon impact, the orb explodes into a larger, brighter orb, doing medium damage and knockback. When used in the air, the orb goes downward at an angle similar to Ness's PK Fire. Does 12-14% damage.
Side: Blade Slide- Winn hops onto his sword as if it were a snowboard and slides forward with extreme speed, just like Fox/Falco's Side special. If Winn comes into contact with an enemy, he'll hop off the sword and slash them, canceling the attack. The attack goes as far as Fox's Side Special, and does about 13-15% damage with knockback directly proportionate to their damage %. If used in the air, he'll go downward at an angle, like Falcon Kick.
Up: Heli-Blade- Winn holds his sword into the air like an umbrella while the tip instantaneously separates into four small helicopter blades. He then launches in the direction you tilt. Very similar to Snake's Cipher in terms of startup time and goes about the distance of Firefox, but not nearly as fast. Getting hit by one of the turbines holds you next to the blade until the attack is over. Each blade does 1% damage, with no kncokback, for a total of 9% damage.
Down: Lock-on: Winn charges up for a second and then leaps towards the nearest enemy, whom he either strikes with his sword (above him, nearby), kicks in the face (below him while he's in the air, nearby), or throws his sword at (far away, has a strong chance of missing), depending on location/distance. This attack is practically a guaranteed hit, unless the enemy is too far away. The farthest Winn can throw his sword is roughly the same distance as Link's fully charged arrows. After it hits (or misses), the sword magically disappears and reappears in Winn's hand. No matter the distance, this attack does 8% damage, but knockback varies. Slash- high Kick- mid Throw- low.

Final Smash: Umm...- Winn points his blade forward and yells "Now!". Suddenly, a giant, flaming knee flies across the screen, doing major kncokback and damage. It's very quick, covers most of the screen on small stages, but can be avoided by shielding, in which case your shield is shattered, but you take no damage.

Taunts:
1) Winn tosses his sword up and catches it while it's upside-down. Very similar visually with Dr. Mario's taunt.
2) Winn points both pointer fingers at the screen and smiles.
3) Winn turns his head to face the player with an over-exaggerated serious look on his face, then returns to the fight.

Entrance: Winn comes flying onto the stage as if he was thrown by a catapult or something, lands rather ungracefully, and then dusts himself off.

Additional Note: Winn is largely based on me. He's 15, fairly tall, lightweight, and full of energy. Many of his standard attacks reflect his unique personality. He has dark brown hair that's brushed straight forward, covering about half of his forehead. It's not very long, but it's a little bit thick. He wears a black shirt with a small white mark on the left side of the chest, a long-sleeve white undershirt, and dark blue jeans.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
(I plan on being a game director when I'm older, and I've got some pretty unique ideas right now.)
That's great, so here's some advice from someone who has already taken and is just about done with that route. [I graduate with a Bachelors in February]

Make sure you keep your notes organized and make sure you aren't just making stories only. Come up with game play as well. Think of genres and look at how other games have become successful. Look at what features those games have had and think of how you can implement something similar and even better. Do this in addition to trying to make up new and exciting modes and ideas.

Learn programming basics if you have not already. I came here to Collins College cold in programming and had to pick up everything from scratch. This was bad as most of my other classmates had Hight schools that offered programing and computer science. I did not. If yours is the same way I highly suggest you start looking into languages like C++, Java, and the like. You should also practice with HTML and Scripting. It's a great skill to have.

Next, Draw a lot. I'm not a very good artist, but every time you draw something you get a little better. Sometimes a description of a character is not enough, but a description and a COLORED drawing (Not even a good drawing necessarily) really helps an artist who will draw your character.

Look up information on game engines. Explore games that let you use engines, for exampel Unreal tournament and Half Life 2 have game editors, if I remember correctly. Also, research the Torque engine. It's what I've been using here at Collins, and it's quite interesting.

Think about converting things into three dimensions. If you can somehow practice with a 3d modeling program, I highly suggest it. I use 3Ds Max, but I here a lot of good things about Maya.

Choose a good College. Believe it or not, I DO NOT suggest the one I attend. Collins College in Tempe AZ put up a great and alluring front when I looked into it, but the professors here are mostly self centered, no experience in the industry, and not at all helpful. They condense a Bachelors degree into 2 and a half years, and have classes that are only five weeks long. It's highly stressful and since things must move so fast, even the one or two GOOD professors do not have time to teach what they feel they need too. Also, any ideas or things you turn in for an assignment to a professor, Collin's copyrights. Be sure to be careful of that.

Also, and here is the BIG ONE. Play games. Do not lose your passion to do so. It is very easy to do just that when struggling through trying to get a degree in Game Design. It's not a breeze, it's hard work. A lot of people go into this thinking they will just be playing games and breeze through life. That's not at all true. This is turning something you love into a job. If you aren't prepared to do that, you should consider other options.

I hope this helps, and I'd like to apologize to Faw for going off topic. I just felt the need to share that.

Tha_Goverment

Smash Cadet
That's great, so here's some advice from someone who has already taken and is just about done with that route. [I graduate with a Bachelors in February]

Make sure you keep your notes organized and make sure you aren't just making stories only. Come up with game play as well. Think of genres and look at how other games have become successful. Look at what features those games have had and think of how you can implement something similar and even better. Do this in addition to trying to make up new and exciting modes and ideas.

I've got ideas for both, thanks for reassuring me, though.

Learn programming basics if you have not already. I came here to Collins College cold in programming and had to pick up everything from scratch. This was bad as most of my other classmates had Hight schools that offered programing and computer science. I did not. If yours is the same way I highly suggest you start looking into languages like C++, Java, and the like. You should also practice with HTML and Scripting. It's a great skill to have.

I'm currently taking a Web Design Class, and I'm great at all the HTML coding and such; this stuff seems to come naturally to me. I've been taking web design since Freshman year, and I'm going to continue with it all through High School; plus, next year I'm taking Digital Design, which should help a lot.

Next, Draw a lot. I'm not a very good artist, but every time you draw something you get a little better. Sometimes a description of a character is not enough, but a description and a COLORED drawing (Not even a good drawing necessarily) really helps an artist who will draw your character.

I've got a friend who pretty much draws all my ideas. He plans on doing designs and stuff for companies when he's older. I'm a terrible artist myself, but I enjoy drawing.

Look up information on game engines. Explore games that let you use engines, for exampel Unreal tournament and Half Life 2 have game editors, if I remember correctly. Also, research the Torque engine. It's what I've been using here at Collins, and it's quite interesting.

Think about converting things into three dimensions. If you can somehow practice with a 3d modeling program, I highly suggest it. I use 3Ds Max, but I here a lot of good things about Maya.

This is a bit beyond me at the moment, but I'll get to it.

Choose a good College. Believe it or not, I DO NOT suggest the one I attend. Collins College in Tempe AZ put up a great and alluring front when I looked into it, but the professors here are mostly self centered, no experience in the industry, and not at all helpful. They condense a Bachelors degree into 2 and a half years, and have classes that are only five weeks long. It's highly stressful and since things must move so fast, even the one or two GOOD professors do not have time to teach what they feel they need too. Also, any ideas or things you turn in for an assignment to a professor, Collin's copyrights. Be sure to be careful of that.

Since I live in Florida, I can get a free scholarship to any University in the state if I meet certain requirements. I plan on getting an education at a big school like UF (go Gators!), then going to UCF (Central Florida), who has a great gaming program that's apparently sponsored or something by EA. They allegedly have one of the best gaming programs in America.

Also, and here is the BIG ONE. Play games. Do not lose your passion to do so. It is very easy to do just that when struggling through trying to get a degree in Game Design. It's not a breeze, it's hard work. A lot of people go into this thinking they will just be playing games and breeze through life. That's not at all true. This is turning something you love into a job. If you aren't prepared to do that, you should consider other options.

I doubt I'll ever lose my love for games. every new game I play gives me new inspiration for parts of my games, especially SMG. That game made me realize how important it is to have a great, unique atmosphere, Warioware made me realize how much more fun a funny game can be, and PH inspired me to create an interesting partner who is pretty much a polar opposite of the main character (Linebeck is awesome).

I hope this helps, and I'd like to apologize to Faw for going off topic. I just felt the need to share that.

Thanks for telling me this. It makes me feel more comfortable about the industry in which I plan on entering as soon as possible. :)
I've got one quick question though. You can't make your very first game an epic, 20+ hour adventure with a magical world full of things to do and places to see that's like a cross between Mario and Zelda with lots of humor and top-notch voice acting, can you? That's about as vague as I can get when describing my dream game, which I'm determined to make someday.
Also, sorry for being off-topic.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I've got one quick question though. You can't make your very first game an epic, 20+ hour adventure with a magical world full of things to do and places to see that's like a cross between Mario and Zelda with lots of humor and top-notch voice acting, can you? That's about as vague as I can get when describing my dream game, which I'm determined to make someday.
Also, sorry for being off-topic.
First things first.

Warning

I hear EA treats it employees worse than fecal matter. One of my GOOD old professors (Who incidentally has left Collins because he got tired of the way they handled things) Used to work for EA.

--

Second, your first game can be whatever you want it to be, But you won't be able to do it alone. As a game designer you are going to be the leader of a team. You'll need to write document detailing several things about your game and everything. As for top notch Voice Acting... well, things can get expensive.

You are going to need to look into Project management a bit. When you are appealing to get funded by companies and such you may not get enough money to afford top notch voice acting. Think of things like a triangle of Quality, Quantity, and Releasing on time. You also have to balance that triangle on your budget. If you focus entirely on Quality and Quantity, you will most likely have to extend your expected release date. This is not a big deal for games like brawl, but for your first you may not want to disappoint people you've hyped.

However, if you neglect Quality to meet the other too, then you've got a bad game with a lot in it that was rushed onto the shelves. And if you focus on Quality too much you've got a great game with very little replay value and not much to do...

Things can get pretty tough. But if you keep your head up and focus you can do it.

Do you have an email you can Pm to me? I can send you a template that is an example of the kind of documents you are going to have to write for your games. They will usually end up being at LEAST 30 pages, ( I made a short flash game game doc that was around 30, but it's still missing a few key things, so imagine a game like Brawl's game Doc) but average about a hundred. IT doesn't include everything you would probably need, but it definitely shows you a good example. I based several of my game docs off of this template when I first started.

Somasu

Smash Ace
Somasu, that is awesome, We should make our characters rivals, because I can work out reasons for them to fight pretty easily.

Edit:
Tilts,
Winning Taunts
Fighting Stats
and Grabs are added to the profile.
That would indeed be pretty nifty =P

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
Wait, will the final roster also include a stage selection and an SSE plot? Seems that quite a few people are adding things that could make these work. Of course, it's the thread creator's call on that; that would take time and effort that might be better spent if he was busy doing something else.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Wait, will the final roster also include a stage selection and an SSE plot? Seems that quite a few people are adding things that could make these work. Of course, it's the thread creator's call on that; that would take time and effort that might be better spent if he was busy doing something else.
I've been thinking about that.
Coming up with an SE story wouldn't be too hard, but can only be done once the final roster is decided.
I don't know what to do about stages, really... My creative powers are limited to writing stuff and drawing characters. Drawing stages would be quite a lot harder... on the other hand, some practice can't hurt. Though if I make this project too elaborate, it'll have to be pushed back and stuff.
If someone here has any great flash skills and is willing to put a lot of time into something like this, we could collaborate... Wouldn't have to be anything big, maybe an interactive select screen that lets you choose from the avatars, make the larger image of the character appear at the bottom and an additional stage select screen for when you're done selecting characters...

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking about that.
Coming up with an SE story wouldn't be too hard, but can only be done once the final roster is decided.
I don't know what to do about stages, really... My creative powers are limited to writing stuff and drawing characters. Drawing stages would be quite a lot harder... on the other hand, some practice can't hurt. Though if I make this project too elaborate, it'll have to be pushed back and stuff.
If someone here has any great flash skills and is willing to put a lot of time into something like this, we could collaborate... Wouldn't have to be anything big, maybe an interactive select screen that lets you choose from the avatars, make the larger image of the character appear at the bottom and an additional stage select screen for when you're done selecting characters...
I have some flash skills, that sounds very do-able if I has the images.
As for stages, let me draw one this week, and get back to you.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'm back in black. I hit the sack.
I've been too long, I'm glad to be back!
Fawriel
No, I'm not very good with image manipulation programs, why do you ask?

Fawriel. You might know him. If you don't, we might be caught up in a bit of a paradox here, but, moving on.
After having already seen the light of day in this thread at the very start, he became quickly overshadowed by many brilliant fighters that have joined the fray. And one day, he, who is I, came up to me and wondered what I was trying to accomplish with what I wrote back then. And he was right.
Now's the day to correct this mistake and show Fawriel for what he is. The online avatar of yours truly!

With a postcount rivaling the heroes of old, armed with a sharp intellect and wit and an incredible amount of hair, I join the fray wielding the manifestations of my posts!

Like Peach, I'm a close-combat fighter without extremely fast movement, but some fast attacks with great priority and decent combo-ability. My style is playful and light-hearted, with the exception of some moves that make me play serious. Beware when that happens!
My weaknesses are that I'm rather sensitive and trusting, which harms my defensive abilities, but I've got good recovery to make up for it. I'm also not very fast in general and often have to recover for a while after my attacks because of my constant headaches.

_______________________​

A moves:
Jab: Bam!
Pressing A will make me perform a dramatic movement with my hand that has set knockback. It allows for me to just quickly get in an attack and go somewhere else.

Dash attack: I'm Prepared
You shouldn't have been so predictable! When A is pressed while dashing, I dash even faster for a moment, then leap forward and pull a giant wall ( of text ) from out of nowhere to smack into your face! The wall shatters on contact and has some serious damage and KO potential.

Tilts:
Ftilt: Fun With Weapons
Rubber chicken slap! Didn't see that one coming, did ya! Okay, so it's rather weak, but that's not the point!

Utilt: Straight man
Being taught his social skills by anime, Fawriel's gesture in reaction to utter idiocy is holding his hand up straight. This is a perfect combo starter, but can't be used several times in a row without making Fawriel feel awkward about what he's doing. Follow up with the upsmash or an aerial!

Dtilt: Baseless
Your argument sucks. And I prove it by quickly pulling away your feet with mine! Sets up for a downsmash, or maybe an f-tilt or a grab.

Aerials:
Nair: Personal space
I jerk out my elbows in both directions to get some breezing space. Seriously, lay off.

Fair: The Knee
So you like your so-called Captain Falcon, huh? How would you like me going overpowered on you, huh?
I knee you in the face to prove my point that Melee was betatested by a class of kindergarten kids. For some reason, the sweetspot has similar knockback to Sheik's fair, though. Must've gotten messed up somehow.

Uair: Settle down!
I raise my hand, then pull you down for a weak spike. It has low enough cool-down time that, at lower percents, this can combo straight into another aerial.

Bair: You're going down.
You must've made Faw mad. Whatever it was, he wants you dead.
He quickly turns around in the air, striking you with his tail in the process, which happens very quickly but has basically no knockback or damage, but it keeps you in place long enough for him to use his new signature weapon: The Feather, a Paper Fan of Doom which is mightier than a sword.
PFWANG! That's gotta hurt. It's a killer move.

Dair: You are already down!
I think Faw's not taking you seriously. He reaches down and pats you hard on the head, grinning. It's a meteor like Zelda's.

Smashes:
Forward: Read this!
I take the feather and smash it down in front of myself like the infamous Marth Fsmash. This smash is good all around with decent power, good range and good speed. Anyone who barely avoided being hit is pushed back a little by the wind.

Up: Combo attack
By dual-wielding my signature weapons, the rubber chicken and The Feather, I deliver my favourite kind of post... err, strike. Combining slapstick with hard arguments. First a quick slap over my head with the rubber chicken, then a powerful strike with the Feather.

Down: Underline
I underline my point by quickly producing two pens in each hand to write a thick line into the air close to the ground. If I hit someone with one of the pens, I quickly pick up the line ( wot ) and flail it around myself for a strong strike.

B-Moves:

Neutral: Creative!
I go into a kamehameha position and charge an energy ball that grows in size!
Once I stop charging, I can toss it around like a turnip using my uncanny parody powerz.
If I try charging it too much, the ball drops from my hands and on my foot, though, so let's be careful.

Front: Saw that coming MILES away!
It's a counter! Unlike most counters, though, attacking Fawriel physically at the right time makes him grab you. This is a special grab like Bowser's Koopa Klaw...
If he succeeds, Fawriel grabs you by the back of your neck and holds you up like a kitten who did something bad.
Pressing A or B will make Faw poke his victim hard in the ribs while giving a random line of many about how you should really have been less predictable, that you should work on your mindgames, son, that I'm Rick James, *****, and so on. And of course, there are throws.
Front: "You know, if I was a mod, you know what I would do? Youkooo Puuuunch! Oh. My bad." ( Pretty strong in terms of damage and knockback. )
Up: "You know, whatever." Middlefinger uppercut! Sets up perfectly for a juggle.
Down: Dismissed! I slam my head on top of yours, lodging you into the ground. Ow...
Back: "Now, don't feel bad. I'm sure you can do better. Now go out there and fight!" I turn around dramatically and point into that direction... except I forgot I was still holding you. Little damage, but it's a killer move. Whoops.

Up: Lend Me Your Hand
You know how the Power of Friendship always prevails in the movies?
When I'm feeling down, or in this case, falling down, my friends come to aid me. There's a bit of luck involved here as not all of the possible effects will occur at the same time, but usually at least two. Some of the possible effects are:
·A kid who looks like a young Ganondorf with an Eminem t-shirt throws me for a good distance, yelling after me to "show them how you pwn n00bs"!
·A jetpack with a small Dutch flag printed on the case suddenly materializes on my back and lets me fly for a bit until it explodes ( without dealing damage somehow ).
·Drascin shows up levitating in front of me, clad in simple white robes. He takes me by my hands, and lifts me up, restoring my double jump and ability to perform attacks ( with the exception of another up-b ).
·Along with any help I get in recovering, a Pokeball will sometimes pop open in my pocket and a small, gruff-looking Pikachu called Andy will materialize on my shoulder, shaking his fists and trying to hit any enemies trying to edgeguard me.
·A friendly Mushroom Retainer called Aeris materializes right under me and holds me up. This effect is always singular, as Aeris serves as a reliable platform that restores my ability to jump, double-jump and use his up-b again, so this one's a little rare, but always good. He won't stay for long, though, so you can't stall. He's not about to let you win with such cheap tricks, you know.
And there are probably some more, too!
Using this on the ground will just make me turn to the camera and wave happily calling, "Hey, hey! Look at me!" This slightly increases the chances of something good happening next time the move is used for recovery.

Grab and Throws:
My grab works mostly like any other, except I don't actually grab my opponent. Instead, I suddenly and dramatically point my finger right into their face going "ah-HAH!", leaving them so startled for a moment that they can't even resist the abuse that follows.

Grab attack:
Backhand against the temple, like what they do in anime when someone says something idiotic.

Forward throw: You may leave now
I take my victim by their shoulders, turn them around and walk them along the stage for a few steps, then shove them away. Like Pika's back throw in a way.

Up throw: Locked!
I strike a dramatic pose! For some reason, the "locked thread" logo appears and deals damage to my opponent.

Back throw: Sarcasm
I unenthusiastically point behind myself saying "oh no, what's that."
Then I kick you in the groin. It doesn't actually hit you in the direction behind myself, but, like... whatever.

Down throw: Wall of Text
A wall of text randomly drops from the sky and shatters on my victim's head.

Final Smash: Indignation
Oh, you did not just post that. What's up with you? Are you proud of being so unbearably ignorant? God, some people make me want to scream!
Fawriel is usually calm and good-natured, but when he loses his temper, may god have mercy on your soul.
For a certain length of time, I'm caught by rage. I turn into a perpetual no-flinch-frame and my strength and speed are increased slightly. Which is not very final by itself. But each move that connects is immediately followed by an awe-inspiring bolt of lightning from the sky that deals some massive damage.

Taunts:
·I look around. "So, like... that was it?"
·I craftily bypass the filter. "Scheiße, bin ich gut."
·I shrug. C'est la vie!

Victory poses:
·I look around at all my fellow fighters. "You know... what kind of a message are the kids supposed to get from this..?"
·I blush and chuckle. Aww, come on...
·I scratch my head, looking up. "Well... hey, it's not a shame to lose to me..." *...raises an eyebrow*

Music: Dzian Dzian by Skyle
Take it easy. There's no reason for hate. Just let yourself flow and enjoy life.
http://chaos.foxmage.com/dziandzian.mp3

What? You say I forgot a down-b move? Oh yeah.

Down-B: Transform
Fawriel stops, his face turns serious and he raises his hand in front of his mouth, ponder.
A moment later, his eyes light up. It's as if he had a sudden realization... the realization that he's actually a different person.
With a brief flash of light, the transformation is complete.

Fawriel turns into...

Fawriel

He's the same person, and yet, someone totally else.
This is Fawriel from the as of yet incomplete story of Fabella Vitae.

Fawriel is a young teenager living in an industrial city in the middle of a canyon somewhere in a country in the cold north. The canyon surrounding the city limits is so impenetrable that few of the citizens have ever left the place, and Fawriel, frankly, couldn't care less.
He has always been different from the other kids. He has always gotten along better with his teachers, and even some of those thought he was just a good-for-nothing. Through several undisclosed experiences, this boy has lost his trust in humanity as a whole. It's not that he's a sad person. He doesn't care enough to cry.
Being a music and comics nerd unaccepted by most of society, he spends most of his days in his room, in front of the computer, online, where he gets along using a mask of indifference and nonchalance.
One day, however, something happens. By complete chance, he encounters a person on the virtual highway. A person who manages to see right through his facade. A girl called Jaime.
Imagine that you are one in a faceless crowd of people when, for a brief moment, you catch a glimpse of something so beautiful, it is as if the world tried to remind you that truth exists.

Jaime has to leave. She lives in a country on the other side of the ocean, at war with another country. Fawriel has heard about wars on the news, but he didn't care. There's always a war going on somewhere, right?
It's settled.
Whatever it takes, Fawriel will go out there and find her. He will find a boat that will take him there, and if it has to be he will work hard until he has enough money for a plane. There is nothing keeping him here.
He leaves in secret one dark midnight, backpack full of memories and a letter to his parents on the dinner table. He's ready to leave everything behind - everything besides his only friend Moto, an 11 year-old with the mind of a 6 year-old, who sees Fawriel as his father and won't let him leave alone.

When the two reach the city limits and are suddenly attacked by an unknown soldier who calls for reinforcements, they are chased across the canyon by a horde of unknown men in uniform and finally are faced in battle by two elite soldiers who turn out to be the couple who Fawriel thought were his parents, it becomes clear that there is something going on in the world that is not just the usual warring...
It's the beginning of a journey for the sake of the love of a young man who unwittingly stumbles into an adventure of awe-inspiring proportions, where he discovers new friends and new enemies, and that the world is both a more gruesome place than he had ever imagined, yet at the same time, so much more beautiful.

*sigh*
I suck at this kind of summary. This will be so much better in comic form, I swear.

Fawriel is a very balanced fighter. He is not exceptionally skilled in fighting as never had any experience in it before the start of his story, in fact, he is rather clumsy and unprofessional, but he tries hard enough to be able to pull through. Even after numerous encounters with monsters and humans, Fawriel refuses to actually train for fighting, claiming that he's an artist, not a warrior. Thus, he mainly relies on his naturally powerful legs for attacks, as well as his whole body. His full-body grapple style is rounded out by several magic attacks as well.
Overall, Fawriel is not exceptional in any area, but has a very solid game in every respect.
Comparing him to the other Fawriel, their relation is comparable to Mario/Doc and Luigi, one being a balanced fighter with reliable combos, some tricks and some reliable killers, the other having a more extreme balance of weak attacks and absurdly powerful killers and overall clumsier movement.

As for similarities between the two, both have the same appearance ( unless you consider their general mood as well as fighting stance and such ) as well as the same victory fanfare, which is a remixed excerpt of this song:
Yoko Kanno and The Seatbelts - Ask DNA

Well, let's get going.

A moves:
Jab:
A: A quick hook with the right hand.
A+A: A quick hook with the right hand, takes a step forward and shoves forward hard with the same hand.

Dash:
Tucks in his arms and head and tackles hard with his shoulder. Pretty powerful.

Tilts:
Forward:
Short-range attack with a rising knee. Pressing A again will make him follow up with his foot in a roundhouse-kick.

Up:
Hits with his fist in an arc over his head, turning in a circle in the process. Not very strong, but quite usable.

Down:
From a crouching position, Faw makes a quick hop forward and kicks out his legs. Comes out relatively quickly and is rather strong for a tilt, but has lag afterwards.

Aerials:
Nair: Halo
Fawriel quickly spins in the air like Ness. A few frames later, blades of air appear that extend the hitbox past his body.

Fair: Guts
He pulls back his hands, then thrusts them forward glowing with energy. As they meet, a ball of ki briefly pops into existence and bursts if it hits anyone. It's a powerful move.

Uair:
Spins around in midair while hitting his fist above himself. It comes out fast, but isn't very strong and has some lag at the end. Knockback depends on where the opponent's hit.

Bair:
Elbow smash downwards. If sweetspotted, it's a semi-spike like Bowser's.

Dair:
Fawriel turns his body in midair to make his back face the ground, tucking in his legs and left arm. This automatically causes him to fastfall, but not in the sense that it changes his trajectory. Anyone hit by his shoulder or elbow in midair receives some damage and sideways knockback, anyone who's hit while on the ground receives good damage and is hit upwards. With good timing, this can immediately be canceled into a get-up kick.

Smashes:
Forward: Sympathy with the Devil
Fawriel swipes his hand in front of himself. A pillar of water magically appears in front of him, dealing little damage to enemies caught within and keeping them in place. Pressing A during the right time will make him deliver a powerful kick into the water that blasts his opponent away.

Up:
Faw throws himself on his back, raises his lower body as quickly as he can and kicks out skywards, then jumps back onto his feet.
The falling motion pushes foes aside quickly, the kick has quite decent power.

Down: Rage
Fawriel jerks his arms out to both sides and stomps on the ground. Pieces of debris are kicked up as a wave of pressure runs through the ground, damaging earthbound opponents. At the same time, a sphere of fire surrounds Fawriel, protecting him from attackers with continuous damage.

B-Moves:
Neutral: Determination
Holding his right arm straight down, Faw collects ki in his hand. This can be charged to make the attack more powerful, but not a lot. The charge can be held.
Pressing B once more will make Faw release the energy to shoot in a straight line before it dissipates.
If you don't, the next move involving his right fist will be powered up and accompanied by a tiny explosion. Also, using the forward aerial will be faster if his hand is already charged. Using any of these moves makes the charge vanish.
The projectile itself is weak when uncharged and still not very powerful when fully charged.

Forward: Tears
Another chargeable move.
Pressing B+forward without charging will make Fawriel throw himself on the ground as he suddenly turns to water and flows forward. This is comparable to the Falcon kick, with longer start-up and less power, but no-flinch-frames.
Charging will make Fawriel collect water, indicated by fog around him and a puddle below him forming.
At full charge, this turns into a real tsunami, with respectable power and a giant hitbox.
At the end of the move, Fawriel turns back into his solid form and stumbles across the floor for a few steps. If the wave goes off the platform, he tumbles for a moment but can still act to his full potential afterwards. In fact, this move can be used to aid his recovery like Luigi's side-b, but can only be used once until he touches solid ground again.

Up: Wind of Change
Waving his hand around as though he was directing an orchestra, Fawriel charges up a magical gust of wind. It can be charged for about a second for a stronger and longer gust. Like the FLUDD, it only inflicts knockback, and so can be used to impair an opponent's recovery. Fawriel is affected by the wind as well, making him unable to act until the wind has vanished as he tries to keep his feet planted on the ground.
It can also be used for recovery to give him a decent boost in height. The distance is not extremely great and he's unable to do anything as he spins from being hit by the wind, but he can act normally again after recovering. Of course, he can only use this once until he reaches solid ground again.

Down: Transform
Fawriel takes his headphones out of his pocket, puts them on and closes his eyes. A flash of light turns him into his other self.

Grab and Throws:
TBA

Final Smash: Happiness
Upon receiving the power of the Smash Ball, Fawriel stops to think of his motivation. All proof he has of even the existence of Jaime is a drawing she made of herself and the memories he saved in his head. But he knows she is out there, waiting for him.
Fawriel smiles, and his happiness encloses the battlefield, bathing it into light. Fawriel's strength and speed are increased by a little and he is invincible for the whole duration of this Final Smash. It's not a great change, but he also receives the ability to turn himself into light, gaining him unlimited teleporting abilities via airdodging. It takes a long time to get used to the control of these, but they open up unlimited potential for combos.

Taunts:
·Inhales and deeply and sighs. Whew.
·Faw looks around smiling calmly. He enjoys the scenery.
·He yawns and stretches.

Victory poses:
·Cracks his knuckles and shakes out some of his other joints with a confident smile. "Well, onward!"
·Blushes and smiles embarrassedly.
·Fawriel's staring into the distance pensively. After a few seconds, he blinks and looks at the screen, realizing you're looking at him.

Stage:
TBA

Music:
Carry on. Carry on. It'll be alright. Maybe.
Yoko Kanno - Gotta Knock A Little Harder

_____________________​

And with that... all the current contestants have arrived and are ready for evaluation. All changes made after this point will only be taken into account for the next update.
I'm sorry for taking so much time to make this moveset... I wanted it to be as close to perfect as I could get it in the limited time I had, and I got distracted by several things along the way... I have made my admin remove the online limit I have so I can safely finish updating the thread without having to fear my connection suddenly getting cut.

Well.

Initiate update mode: NOW!

RWB

Smash Ace
Updated the Tale Team. the trolls are ready for action... well nearly.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Updated. kthxbai i sleep now

ps: check it out i made a movesets

pss: actually its more like half updated
sorry

RWB

Smash Ace
I updated the Tale Team. It now has pics, and Huldras part of the moveset done.

Fawriel

Smash Master
GRAH!
I'm done.
Added ratings, comments, updated some avatars, added the section on dismissed characters...

Business may carry on as usually now. Go and bombard me with submissions.

And again, if you have any criticism of the ratings, go ahead. Hell, chances are I messed up some basic math again.

What are your thoughts?

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha! My bad, a backsmash is an attack like they had with the baseball bat in SSB64, where it's different if you tilt the stick behind you as you do it.

Of course, since I'm a glutton for scores, I can re-arrange if you want, I just kinda made it off the top of my head. Any changes or suggestions would be entertained.

Story is also prolly going to be changed a bit (mostly addition) once I write some new things.

RWB

Smash Ace
I was in work withmaking Huldra on Scuttlebutts movset... but the the electricity went out. 40 minutes down the drain. DX

Only have to fix minor things now. Check out my Tale Team post on page 9....

Updated Every char of mine with their stage song, 'cept Lindarw.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Jedi Master Yoda

I don't know if you still intend to accept submissions, but even if you aren't, I feel like making a moveset for this guy, so, here's Yoda! He's based off the Yoda from Episode 5 & 6, as the Yoda from the new movies would just use a lightsaber like a sword, which would be dull...

From the the Jedi Council Chambers, Yoda enters the arena! This diminutive figure may be over 800 years old, but even though his age has caught up with him, he can still fight strong.

STATS

Power:
3 This character has attacks that vary in power, but on average, equal out.
Speed: 2 He's very old, and as such moves quite slowly. His attacks vary, but many follow this pattern.
Weight: 1 Extremely light, very easy to knockback.
Traction: 3 Average. He generally moves too fast to get a good sense for it, if played correctly.
Size: 1. Probably around pichu's size. Very small, some attacks actually go over him, although that is rare.

Yoda's stance is merely his cane, hunched over it slightly. His walk is the slowest in the game, the walk from Episode 5 & 6. His dash is floating less than a centimeter above ground, which looks similar to wavedashing from Melee. However, it shares none of the same properties, and functions as a regular dash. His duck does not take him much lower, as he just hunches down more.

His jumps are odd. He falls at a normal speed, and his first jump is not terribly high. His second jump is similar to Ness', and at the end of it he's a bit floatier than he'd normally be. However, the animation is very different. Instead of rolling, his robes flare out for a minute and he goes up as normal. It telegraphs itself much less.

GROUND MOVES

Standard Combo: Weak punch, followed by a solid cane thwack. The punch does next to nothing, but the cane does a decent knockback and damage. The punch has very little range however, and is very quick, so you need to be in close quarters to consider using it. The cane has a small amount of delay after the attack, a good time to counter attack.

Forward tilt: He brings his cane up and hits them over the head with it. It has poor start-up time, but does solid damage. It has no after lag as well, meaning if you hit them, it can continue into what comboing Yoda can do. However, it is easy to punish, as there's almost a second of start-up time.

Down tilt: His hits the foot of the enemy with his cane, downward. This attack is fairly weak, and causes minor knockback on a flat terrain. However, if the enemy is beneath them and gets hit with the direct tip of the cane, it is a meteor smash. This only works for platforms you can jump through and the cruel part, edges. It has a second of start up time, and horrendous lag.

Up tilt: He looks up and and pulls a hand back, resulting in a lack-luster, weak attack that does very little attack.

Forward Smash: He switches hands to hold the cane, and pulls the other one back. This has a second of start-up, like many of his attacks, but it's true strength is when you charge it. When you release, he swings his hand, which holds his lightsaber. The attack has some of the best range for him, and the range can increase based on how long you hold the smash. It hits his other side a tiny bit with the initial draw as well, if timed properly. However, this attack does no knockback, but a lot of damage, no matter how you hit. It has no delay at the end at all, however, so you can carry on into other attacks, or more likely, shield.

Down Smash: This attack is slightly odd. Yoda stands still, his ears up. When released, his ears fall, creating a crushing force effect, which does a fair bit of damage in his immediate area, and the enemy smashes the ground. It has pathetic range, but does good damage. The effect his signified by flashes of light that Zelda/Ness use commonly to indicate energy.

Up Smash: He hunches slightly, his left arm in his coat. When the attack is released his rolls on his back and sends his lightsaber straight up. Due to the fact he holds onto his lightsaber, this attack has no range, at all. However, it does amazing damage, and acts as fox's laser - No knockback at all, but damage. A lot in this case.

Dash Attack: His floating comes to an abrupt stop, and he moves his cane out slightly, for decent range. It's true strength lies in the fact he actually stops the frame the attack is called, and the cane has several frames where it does damage. It has average damage. A common tactic of Yoda players is to use this over and over again, due to the minimal start up dashing and the dash attack has, and it's decent range.

AIR MOVES

Neutral Aerial: Classic Sex Kick, but due to Yoda's size, it is very hard to hit with. During it he holds his cane in his armpit, and it goes behind him. If they're hit with this cane while the attack comes out, it's a meteor smash. Other than that, it is a normal sex kick, although a tad slow.

Up Aerial: He spins in the air, hitting upwards with his cane. This attack is quite fast, but has very little range yet again. It is one of his stronger attacks though.

Forward Aerial: His hand reaches forward, and acts as if it spins something. During this period an invisible hitbox activates, which does very little damage, and pushes the enemy back some, a la force push. Hard to see coming and moderate range, but next to no damage and knockback doesn't really knock them back, so much as put them back gently. Better used as a countermeasure to their attacks.

Back Aerial:
He does a slow back role in the air, which ends in a kick, straight down. This is a meteor, and has similar timing to Falcon's Dair. However, the hitbox location is different.

Down Aerial: He forces the cane down in a practiced quickness. It has a very short amount of time where it's an attack, but it is a meteor smash. it has horrible delay after the attack though.

GRABS

He reaches forward, and a classic 'energy' ball comes in. This sucks them into his grip. Then he leaps on them. To hit them he uses his cane.

Forward Throw: He jumps off them, hitting them slightly with his cane before using force push to send them flying horizontally.

Up Throw: He jumps off slightly, and uses the force to hurl them directly into the air above him, right by him.

Back Throw: He jumps over him, spinning around and using the force to end him flying away.

Down Throw:
The other person falls over, and Yoda stands on them, putting his cane down as if he was in a regular stance, hitting them with the cane. Then he jumps slightly, and they're sent away a couple feet.

SPECIAL MOVES

Neutral Special: Lightsaber slash. He slashes with his lightsaber, doing no knockback but good damage. The range is fairly good, and it can be guard-canceled at any point in the attack. A safe attack, to a certain extent.

Side Special: He holds his hand out and moves it forward strongly. This results in an invisible, blanket force push a decent distance away. It's invisible, and doesn't actually hurt them, just moves them away some. A dashing character, or a character moving very quickly, can go through this.

Up Special: It mimics his double jump, but it pauses for a minute, and goes up slower. After the jump is done, he falls at Fox/Falco speed. This does not attack anyone, and is purely for recovery purposes. It gets him higher in the air with more control than attacks of that nature, but he's vulnerable the entire time. He can still use his aerials after this attack, meaning it is a semi-viable jump, meaning someone with a good mind for mindgames can use it and his odd jumps to screw people up in mid-air.

Down Special: He holds his palm out, waiting. If a projectile hits it he absorbs it, and when he next hits Down Special he'll use that projectile.

Taunts:

1. He drifts off, falling asleep for a minute.
2. He floats into a meditating pose for a second.
3. He stretches, muttering something.

Entrance: He hobbles in from the background to the foreground, laughing slightly.

FINAL SMASH: Force Ghosts

Yoda sighs, glowing slightly green, and then calls out for those Jedi who died. Ghosts of Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Obi-wan Kenobi appear, their lightsabers ready. They each choose a target, and attack that target. One ghost appears for each other character on the screen. These ghosts are immune to damage, and float, so they cannot die. They disappear when the final smash is up, or until the other person dies. They do no knockback, but their lightsabers do massive damage with every swing. Otherwise, the fight carries on normally. This lasts for about as long as Pit's Final Smash.

Stage: It might not be from the same movie as Yoda himself is taken from, but I feel if I didn't include this stage I would just fail at life, therefore...

Senate Chamber. This stage consists entirely of the circular platforms in the senate chamber, all of which can be destroyed. This is also a huge level, and near the center is a pillar which cannot be destroyed. Most of this stage can be, however, completely destroyed. It takes a fair bit to destroy the platforms, however, around 50%. The music for this level is the music played during the battle between Sidious and Yoda. Epic!

-Subspace Emissary Plot Ideas-

The world of Degobah... a peaceful, lush, jungle-world, uninhabitable by most. This is where Yoda has chosen to stay. And he would have been able to retire there, until a Subspace bomb was dropped on the world. Now, Yoda must fight escape, and he runs to his ship. (Level 1). However, when he reaches it, he discovers it in ruins due to the world! And with no ship...? He is thrown into sub-space... for a brief period, until finally his will of the force allows him to warp out. But where is the diminuative Jedi Master now...? Why, it appears to be some kind of city, with ancient technologies. Why is he here? He has no time to ponder though, as things start moving quickly, as another Space-Ship approaches.

He quickly goes to the highest point in the city while fighting off the enemies, the Primids(Level 2). Finally, he reaches the top, only to despair. From the ship lands another vile enemy, a Lord of the Sith. Darth Sion! (Boss Battle, I'll get to Sion's tactics in a minute). After this, the ship swoops down, and Yoda is thrown off the building! What happens next...? Who knows. (At this point, I think he should meet up with someone...)

Darth Sion! Boss Battle!

You fight Darth Sion on an unlimited amount of buildings. There are always three on the screen, and when the one on the end is destroyed, the screen scrolls to the next one. It is possible to destroy the middle or right one, but the rubble still acts as a platform, albeit smaller.

Darth Sion wields a Red Lightsaber, and primarily jumps to where you are and slashes, doing no knockback as usual, but a lot of damage. Sion isn't very heavy, but he can regenerate, or lose damage by meditating, which he does whenever he isn't moving. Sion also has Force Lightning, which takes a second to charge before using it in a wide arc on the screen, can grab (Force Choke) and brutalize, and has a technique where he holds his arm back and thrusts forward. If he hits you with his arm, he uses Force Crush, doing massive damage. He also uses force-push, and regular physical punches/kicks. If I decide to make him into a character (Unlikely) then I'll give him more detail.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Jedi Master Yoda

I don't know if you still intend to accept submissions, but even if you aren't, I feel like making a moveset for this guy, so, here's Yoda! He's based off the Yoda from Episode 5 & 6, as the Yoda from the new movies would just use a lightsaber like a sword, which would be dull...

http://www.blueharvest.net/images/closeups/yoda.jpg

From the the Jedi Council Chambers, Yoda enters the arena! This diminutive figure may be over 800 years old, but even though his age has caught up with him, he can still fight strong.

STATS:
Power: 3 This character has attacks that vary in power, but on average, equal out.
Speed: 2 He's very old, and as such moves quite slowly. His attacks vary, but many follow this pattern.
Weight: 1 Extremely light, very easy to knockback.
Traction: 3 Average. He generally moves too fast to get a good sense for it, if played correctly.
Size: 1. Probably around pichu's size. Very small, some attacks actually go over him, although that is rare.

Yoda's stance is merely his cane, hunched over it slightly. His walk is the slowest in the game, the walk from Episode 5 & 6. His dash is floating less than a centimeter above ground, which looks similar to wavedashing from Melee. However, it shares none of the same properties, and functions as a regular dash. His duck does not take him much lower, as he just hunches down more.

His jumps are odd. He falls at a normal speed, and his first jump is not terribly high. His second jump is similar to Ness', and at the end of it he's a bit floatier than he'd normally be. However, the animation is very different. Instead of rolling, his robes flare out for a minute and he goes up as normal. It telegraphs itself much less.

GROUND MOVES

A,A (Standard Combo): Weak punch, followed by a solid cane thwack. The punch does next to nothing, but the cane does a decent knockback and damage. The punch has very little range however, and is very quick, so you need to be in close quarters to consider using it. The cane has a small amount of delay after the attack, a good time to counter attack.

Forward tilt: He brings his cane up and hits them over the head with it. It has poor start-up time, but does solid damage. It has no after lag as well, meaning if you hit them, it can continue into what comboing Yoda can do. However, it is easy to punish, as there's almost a second of start-up time.

Down tilt: His hits the foot of the enemy with his cane, downward. This attack is fairly weak, and causes minor knockback on a flat terrain. However, if the enemy is beneath them and gets hit with the direct tip of the cane, it is a meteor smash. This only works for platforms you can jump through and the cruel part, edges. It has a second of start up time, and horrendous lag.

Up tilt: He looks up and and pulls a hand back, resulting in a lack-luster, weak attack that does very little attack.

Forward Smash: He switches hands to hold the cane, and pulls the other one back. This has a second of start-up, like many of his attacks, but it's true strength is when you charge it. When you release, he swings his hand, which holds his lightsaber. The attack has some of the best range for him, and the range can increase based on how long you hold the smash. It hits his other side a tiny bit with the initial draw as well, if timed properly. However, this attack does no knockback, but a lot of damage, no matter how you hit. It has no delay at the end at all, however, so you can carry on into other attacks, or more likely, shield.

Down Smash: This attack is slightly odd. Yoda stands still, his ears up. When released, his ears fall, creating a crushing force effect, which does a fair bit of damage in his immediate area, and the enemy smashes the ground. It has pathetic range, but does good damage. The effect his signified by flashes of light that Zelda/Ness use commonly to indicate energy.

Up Smash: He hunches slightly, his left arm in his coat. When the attack is released his rolls on his back and sends his lightsaber straight up. Due to the fact he holds onto his lightsaber, this attack has no range, at all. However, it does amazing damage, and acts as fox's laser - No knockback at all, but a damage. A lot in this case.

Dash Attack: His floating comes to an abrupt stop, and he moves his cane out slightly, for decent range. It's true strength lies in the fact he actually stops the frame the attack is called, and the cane has several frames where it does damage. It has average damage. A common tactic of Yoda players is to use this over and over again, due to the minimal start up dashing and the dash attack has, and it's decent range.

AIR MOVES [NOTE]

Neutral Aerial: Classic Sex Kick, but due to Yoda's size, it is very hard to hit with. During it he holds his cane in his armpit, and it goes behind him. If they're hit with this cane while the attack comes out, it's a meteor smash. Other than that, it is a normal sex kick, although a tad slow.

Up Aerial: He spins in the air, hitting upwards with his cane. This attack is quite fast, but has very little range yet again. It is one of his stronger attacks though.

Forward Aerial: His hand reaches forward, and acts as if it spins something. During this period an invisible hitbox activates, which does very little damage, and pushes the enemy back some, a la force push. Hard to see coming and moderate range, but next to no damage and knockback doesn't really knock them back, so much as put them back gently. Better used as a countermeasure to their attacks.

Back Aerial: He does a slow back role in the air, which ends in a kick, straight down. This is a meteor, and has similar timing to Falcon's Dair. However, the hitbox location is different.

Down Aerial: He forces the cane down in a practiced quickness. It has a very short amount of time where it's an attack, but it is a meteor smash. it has horrible delay after the attack though.

GRABS

He reaches forward, and a classic 'energy' ball comes in. This sucks them into his grip. Then he leaps on them. To hit them he uses his cane.

Forward Throw: He jumps off them, hitting them slightly with his cane before using force push to send them flying horizontally.

Up Throw: He jumps off slightly, and uses the force to hurl them directly into the air above him, right by him.

Back Throw: He jumps over him, spinning around and using the force to end him flying away.

Down Throw: The other person falls over, and Yoda stands on them, putting his cane down as if he was in a regular stance, hitting them with the cane. Then he jumps slightly, and they're sent away a couple feet.

SPECIAL MOVES

Neutral Special: Lightsaber slash. He slashes with his lightsaber, doing no knockback but good damage. The range is fairly good, and it can be guard-canceled at any point in the attack. A safe attack, to a certain extent.

Side Special: He holds his hand out and moves it forward strongly. This results in an invisible, blanket force push a decent distance away. It's invisible, and doesn't actually hurt them, just moves them away some. A dashing character, or a character moving very quickly, can go through this.

Up Special: It mimics his double jump, but it pauses for a minute, and goes up slower. After the jump is done, he falls at Fox/Falco speed. This does not attack anyone, and is purely for recovery purposes. It gets him higher in the air with more control than attacks of that nature, but he's vulnerable the entire time. He can still use his aerials after this attack, meaning it is a semi-viable jump, meaning someone with a good mind for mindgames can use it and his odd jumps to screw people up in mid-air.

Down Special: He holds his palm out, waiting. If a projectile hits it he absorbs it, and when he next hits Down Special he'll use that projectile.

Taunts:

1. He drifts off, falling asleep for a minute.
2. He floats into a meditating pose for a second.
3. He stretches, muttering something.

Entrance: He hobbles in from the background to the foreground, laughing slightly.

FINAL SMASH: Force Ghosts

Yoda sighs, glowing slightly green, and then calls out for those Jedi who died. Ghosts of Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Obi-wan Kenobi appear, their lightsabers ready. They each choose a target, and attack that target. One ghost appears for each other character on the screen. These ghosts are immune to damage, and float, so they cannot die. They disappear when the final smash is up, or until the other person dies. They do no knockback, but their lightsabers do massive damage with every swing. Otherwise, the fight carries on normally. This lasts for about as long as Pit's Final Smash.

Stage: It might not be from the same movie as Yoda himself is taken from, but I feel if I didn't include this stage I would just fail at life, therefore...

Senate Chamber. This stage consists entirely of the circular platforms in the senate chamber, all of which can be destroyed. This is also a huge level, and near the center is a pillar which cannot be destroyed. Most of this stage can be, however, completely destroyed. It takes a fair bit to destroy the platforms, however, around 50%. The music for this level is the music played during the battle between Sidious and Yoda. Epic!

Fawriel

Smash Master
RWB, I finally read your Troll Team moveset. I'm impressed, the work definitely paid out. Hell, if I compare it to the others, I might just have to give it a full 100%...

I don't know if you still intend to accept submissions, but even if you aren't, I feel like making a moveset for this guy, so, here's Yoda!
Of course I still accept submissions, that's what all the rating is for in the first place! I'm not sure how to make that more clear than I already did... several people seem unsure... *scratches head*

Aaand your moveset is quite good, too! Very interesting moves, very detailed... If you could apply this level of detail to the AVGN, he'd be among the highest rated of them all...

Lol, Fawriel, your character seems like he's out of it.
Oh, he is... he's all out of mercy! O_O

Hahaha! My bad, a backsmash is an attack like they had with the baseball bat in SSB64, where it's different if you tilt the stick behind you as you do it.

Of course, since I'm a glutton for scores, I can re-arrange if you want, I just kinda made it off the top of my head. Any changes or suggestions would be entertained.

Story is also prolly going to be changed a bit (mostly addition) once I write some new things.
It's not the layout so much as the fact that backsmashes only exist with the baseball bat, as far as I know, and if I recall correctly, your moveset also has a move simply called "Smash" in the place where one would usually mention tilts...?

Well, if you remake it, just keep going for the badass image. It works and you really can't go wrong with it. In fact, you could put even more emphasis on that aspect. Show some pathos!

Oh, also...
Attention!
A lot of people seem to have trouble editing their posts sometimes. That happens to me sometimes and it's happened to both Copperpot and someone else as well, and in all those cases, it helped to simply press on "Go Advanced" to go to the more elaborate screen. This should work, and the "Save Changes" button there usually works as well.

And, remember to always tell me when you make important changes. That's all.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh, also...
Attention!
A lot of people seem to have trouble editing their posts sometimes. That happens to me sometimes and it's happened to both Copperpot and someone else as well, and in all those cases, it helped to simply press on "Go Advanced" to go to the more elaborate screen. This should work, and the "Save Changes" button there usually works as well.

And, remember to always tell me when you make important changes. That's all.
Just thought I'd add, that if it won't let you open the basic edit page to click advanced edit, try right clicking the edit button and go "open in new window"

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
If you could apply this level of detail to the AVGN, he'd be among the highest rated of them all...
So you say it, so shall I try... It isn't done due to my lack of time tonight, but I need to log off for now, and figured I should let you know it has been updated.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

(i've wanted to do this since after i made ben 10)

HOWL!
from howl's moving castle.

in short, howl is a very talented young magician who is being used as a weapon of war. he fights under 3 different aliases under 3 different kingdoms. to be applied into brawl, he would be used by several villains as a weapon until he meets up with a [good] hero who changes his mind otherwise. this is the howl based on the Studio Ghibli movie, not the book since i haven't read it.

howl has another beastly bird form (CLIP 3:24)in which he fights in during the wars. every time he changes into this form he runs the risk of never becoming a human.

his other form:

howl is a very slim and agile character so his physical moves, such as tilts and smashes are rather weak. however, he is, as already mentioned, very talented with magic. his specials that include magic are very strong. howl also uses magic so he can glide and fly. his gliding however, looks as if he's walking. CLIP :54

(i'll include some video clips to help show what he can do.)

note: when it came to his physical attacks i was kind of at a loss :urg:

stats:
weight: **
height: ***
speed: ****
attack: depends.
jump: ****

STANDARD ATTACKS:

A– jabs with left arm
AA– follows with a quick, straight kick.
FTILT– a quick forward kick by extending his knee.
FSMASH– spins and does a swift kick charged with magic. needs to be tipped to be effective like zelda's f/bair.
DTILT– similar to mario's, crouches down and slides/pokes his leg across out the ground rather than a sweeping motion.
DSMASH – crouches down and releases magic. long startup lag since he has to crouch down and touch the ground. has a small explosion.
UTILT– a weaker and quicker version of his up smash, hits multiple times.
USMASH– releases a bit of magic above him with both hands. long startup lag, major damage.

GRABS: grabs the opponent by their shoulders

FTHROW– uses magic to throw opponent, throws very far.
BTHROW– wraps the opponent in his overcoat and unravels them very quickly in the opposite direction.
DTHROW– weakly tosses aside opponent, as if to discard them. poses a bit after, touching his hair.
UTHROW– throws his opponent upwards by their torso as if throwing a dance partner. good combo starter.

AERIALS:

NAIR– like zelda's neutral air, including the magic.
FAIR– spins and does a graceful backhand. has a little startup because of the spin. not so strong.
DAIR– flips over in the air and does a palm attack downward. meteor. long afterward lag. (if he hits the ground with this he lands on a one hand handstand and then flips over standing)
UAIR– like captain falcon's, but does TWCIE it with both legs extended gracefully. 2nd hit has a lot of knockback and damage, but hits sideways unlike fox/falco's.
BAIR– like shiek's, only more graceful. looks backwards and smiles as he kicks.

SPECIAL ATTACKS:

UP B – bird form – howl turns very very quickly into his bird form and flies straight up for a short distance. (his first 2 jumps are very high) however, since turning into this form somewhat damages him in the story, he takes 5% every time, but doesn't take damage nor can be moved (i.e. aether). again, howl can glide and his first 2 jumps are very high. his up B is shorter than his normal full jump. can be angled slightly

SMASH B – duplicate image – in the movie howl creates a duplicate image of himself that he uses as a diversion to thwart of enemies. if his duplicate image is activated, he forms an image of himself in front of him as long as B is held. if it is hit howl takes half the damage and doesn't move. there's lots of beginning lag so it so it can't be spammed. good for countering attacks.

NEUTRAL B – scarecrow – howl summons his scarecrow friend by holding his hand out in front of him. the scarecrow comes straight down from the skies rather quickly then hops forward 3 times. he comes down very quickly but then hops very slowly. the damage is minimal and disappears once he hits something. the knockback is also minimal but does enough to start a combo. EDIT if done in the air howl magically (& quickly) pulls out scarecrow and commands him forward. he jumps forward at a fixed arch and disappears on contact. he'll only hop once if he's thrown from the air.

DOWN B – command! – howl quickly stands upright and points his finger up as a magic circle emits from him very quickly. about the same speed as mewtwo's down B and the range is about twice as large as jigglypuff's sing. once someone is caught in this they turn around and walk the other way for about 3 or 4 steps. this is a good combo starter. CLIP 2:00 edit if done in the air, whoever comes into contact with the magical circle receives a little damage and low knockback.

FINAL SMASH – summons his only home and refuge, his moving castle. howl however does not ride inside of it like fox. his moving castle stomps around for a bit and whoever touches it gets hurt and major knockback. howl can however climb on top and pick items off of it and throw them. after the final smash is complete the moving castle falls to shambles with a big explosion (the demon, calcifer, who controls it explodes in a fiery rage) and leaves a few pieces for everyone to pick up behind. his love interest, sophie, makes a cameo on one of the balconies of the castle.

TAUNT –
1. scarecrow buddy comes down, howl leans on him and puts his other hand on his hip. lets out a comfortable/achievement sigh.
2. happily spins around holding calcifer in his hand above his head.
3. runs his hand over his face to make a beard, reminiscent of Markl (his friend that lives with him in the castle)

STAGE – The Waste.
howl's stage is the very valley in which his moving castle roams. it's filled with mist and is always dreary. the terrain is completey flat until...
the wicked witch of the waste appears!

1. this stage will have sequences, the first in which the wicked witch sends a couple of minions (they act like redead but flail their arms slowly when they're in a close proximity) and blasts a couple of random holes into the ground, making edges and whatnot.

2. the second sequence is a moving one, and happens when the wicked witch chases all the characters off into the war-stricken village. here there are houses and shops to jump and climb upon. they also burn and collapse as bombs are dropped. bombs are also hazards in this stage.

3. the final sequence happens as soon as all the buildings have collapsed. then 6-7 small enemy pilot ships fly from the side of the screen and continue to ascend upwards as platforms. characters have to board these before they fall and lose a stock. once they're carried all the way up, they're put into the top of the queen's castle. this is a neural stage with no hazards. the glass walls on the sides may be broken to create edges, otherwise KO's are only up and sideways.

ETCETERA – costumes – can be seen in videos
1. blond hair with pink/plaid overcoat.
2. black hair with black pants/white shirt
3. reddish shirt (red team) – tints of his shirt would be changed for other team colors.
4. overcoat with blue triangles (blue team)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Aah, excellent! I don't have time to update the thread anymore right now, since my online limit has been pushed into the middle of the day, but I'll do it when I'm back.

Instant character points! Awesome!

I also found a REALLY pretty picture for his avatar.

I hope it's not fanart, I'd feel guilty using something that isn't official...

RWB

Smash Ace
I'm thinking about changing the Tale Teams final smash.

The new one will feature the incarnation of lightning....

Really, i'm trying to come up with a FS the characters could actually call upon. Lightning was caught in a hazelnut by Snapper once, so that's why I'm going with him.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Just wanted to let you know, Faw, that I added a stage, a description of the music, and a couple items as well. Enjoy!
A picture is what you should be adding! XD
Having a question mark on the first place is boring!
But, fine. *enjoys*
Describing his music is a pretty neat idea, actually...

Anyway, I updated the main posts again. I tried to take into account edits as well... I hope I didn't forget anyone!

paralasalud

Smash Ace
haha thanks for the instant char points, faw.
i do quite love howl and studio ghibli.

does anything bother you about the moveset?
i know some areas need more attention than others... i.e. tilts, smashes, throws...

the only one i'm certain on is his down B.
hmmmm

btw, you're doing a real good job with this thread, faw. keep it up

edit: i think that picture is legit, but i'm not completely sure.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
A picture is what you should be adding! XD
Having a question mark on the first place is boring!
But, fine. *enjoys*
Describing his music is a pretty neat idea, actually...

Anyway, I updated the main posts again. I tried to take into account edits as well... I hope I didn't forget anyone!
I know . . . I've been desperately trying to find a scanner just so I could put up a filler image. :urg:

Fawriel

Smash Master
haha thanks for the instant char points, faw.
i do quite love howl and studio ghibli.

does anything bother you about the moveset?
i know some areas need more attention than others... i.e. tilts, smashes, throws...

the only one i'm certain on is his down B.
hmmmm
Hmm, there's nothing that bothers me per se, except the first taunt. Which is... not much of a taunt at all. ^^;
What could use work is the descriptions of some of the attacks... imagining his down-tilt, for example, is a little hard to do when you compare it to Mario's, which is far from graceful. Elaborating on the description would help to give an impression of what his style is like.
You should always write movesets when you're definitely alone in the room.
Because you should allow yourself to get up, imagine that you're in the position of the fighter, and try to imagine what they would do in that situation.
Howl is really long, slender, and a magical pretty-boy. He never did cast a lot of attack magic, if I recall correctly, so it must be hard to come up with some magic attacks...
Kicks make sense, as his legs are so long and he simply has the right build for it, and enhancing the kick's power with magic was a good idea. Backhands also work well.
Basically, try to imagine what you would do if you were that character and had to attack in a certain direction, then do your best to describe the move.

I know . . . I've been desperately trying to find a scanner just so I could put up a filler image. :urg:
Oh dear, it's not that important, you know. ^^;
I guess copy shops tend to have scanners... or libraries... or so I hear, at least... *scratches head*

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
The Angry Video Game Nerd is done (For now, although I may remember something else as well...). Anyways, he's complete movelist-wise, and has a stage & music.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I had a thread just like this before...

By: Link'sShadow
Captian N the Gamemaster

By: colbusman
Leon S. Kennedy

By: Ferro De Lupe
Dog (from Duck Hunt)

By: dotdotdot!
Phoenix Wright, Prince of All Cosmos, R.O.B the Robot (With Professor Hector),
Rebecca Chambers and Billy Coen.

By: NukeA6
Terra Branford

By: dotdotdot!
Ouendan (Cheer Squad)

By: Link'sShadow
Punching Bag

By: Sapphire_flame
Andy

By: parrothead
Demiru/Demille (Tomato Adventure)
Fighter Hayabusa (Pro Wrestling)
ST Falcon (Battle Clash and Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge)
Harry (Teleroboxer)
Saki Amamiya and Airan Jo (not a tag team) (Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Earth)
Tin Star (Tin Star)
Stafy (Legend of Stafy franchise)
Nester (Howard & Nester comics, To The Earth, Nester's Funky Bowling, and Pilotwings 64)
Alice (Balloon Kid and Balloon Fight GB)
Ninten (MOTHER 1/NES EarthBound)
Todd (Pokemon Snap)
Hiro (Card Hero) and Mark (Pokemon TCG 1 and 2) (not a tag-team)
Rick Wheeler/Ryu Suzaku (F-ZERO: GP Legend and F-ZERO Climax)
Dr. Wright (SNES Sim City and Sim City 64 (Japan-Only))
Sablé and Richard (not a tag-team) (Kaeru No Tame Ni Kane Wa Naru (A Bell Tolls for the Frog) (Japan-Only))
Terry Bogard (owned by SNK)
Sparkster (owned by Konami)
Popeye (Popeye Arcade)(owned by King Features)
Captain Commando (owned by Capcom)

By: HyperFalcon
Knuckles and Rouge the Bat

By: scyther250
Kalas

By: SSJ4Kazuki
Sami and Ganbare Goemon

Grounder

Dragoon "The Elemental" and War Dragoon

By: Smasher BP!