• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move! Super Smash Boards Brawl - And the winners are...

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
YesNaruto

If you haven't heard of him then you live under rock. But just in case he is a ninja who wants to become the leader of his village and get his emo friend back(who is saskue who is posted above).
Stats
Power: ****
Speed: ***
Weight: ***
Jump: ***
Fall Speed: ***
Traction: ***
Size: ***
Recovery: ****
Range: ***

A : Jab
AA: Second Jab
AAA: A Shadow clone appears and punches the persons back while he punches their front. Powerful but with no knockback.
Dash A: Slides forward with a kunai (small ninja knife) in his hands.
Forward Tilt: Slices once with a kunai
Down Tilt: Dose a single kick forward
Up Tilt: He dose a quick flip
Forward Smash: Slices with a windmill of shadows (giant ninja star with curved blades)
Down Smash: He lays an explosive tag underneath him which makes a small explosion.
Up Smash: He summons a small toad that jumps off his head
Nair: A kick forward
Fair: Two punches forward
Bair: A 360 degree turn with a kunai in his hand
Dair: A kick straight down
Uair: A flip with one foot extended
Neutral Special : Demon Wind Bomb: Naruto throws a windmill of shadows that arcs up. After it reaches a certain height it turns into a shadow clone that throws a shuriken (ninja star).
Forward Special: Rasengan: Naruto focuses chakra (energy) into his hand then runs forward. It has greater knock back than the chidori and about the same strength but is much slower.
Up Special: Shadow Clone Jutsu: Naruto makes a shadow clone that throws hi up then disappears. This is like Fox's fire fox attack, some lag at the start then he is a projectile for a few moments.
Down Special: Sexy Jutsu: Couldn't leave this one out. Naruto turns into a naked woman covered by smoke. This stuns enemies and can do minimal damage if they are close enough.
Grab: Naruto summons a toad that grabs with it's tung.
Forward Through: The toad simply tosses the forward.
Back Through: The toad tosses them backwards and Naruto throughs five shuriken that spray out wards
Up Through: The toad drops them and Naruto immediately has two shadow clones kick them up and another one kicks them back down it has lag and no knockback but dose a lot of damage.
Down Through: Toad slams them down then jumps on them
Grab Hit: Naruto slices them with a kunai
Final Smash
Kyubi Naruto
Naruto summons up the chakra from the demon sealed inside of him for increased speed and power. His Rasengan is larger and glows red. His sexy Jutsu is replaced be an attack that makes him send out a burst of chakra with the same effect.
Taunts
1: Naruto screams loudly "I'll take you all out!"
2: Smiles and chuckles "heh heh"
3: Says "Someday I'll become the Hokage" and doesn't ever say "Belive it"
Victory Poses
1: He stands with his fists clenched and says "I'm coming for you Sasuke"
2: Performs the harem (a bunch of shadow clones that do the Sexy Jutsu resulting in many girls) Jutsu giggles and dispells it
3: He smiles and tightens his headband.

MetaLord

Smash Cadet
According to relativity, I'm where ever I want to
Those are some awesome movesets, that's good because this thread has been a little lacking in ninjas.
Ah, and GreatClayMonkey, why does only Naruto's down special change during his final smash? Seems a bit unusual.
And, his chidori gets stronger? I suppose you meant ransengan.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Those are some awesome movesets, that's good because this thread has been a little lacking in ninjas.
Ah, and GreatClayMonkey, why does only Naruto's down special change during his final smash? Seems a bit unusual.
And, his chidori gets stronger? I suppose you meant ransengan.
yeah typo and about the change I just thought it would be weird for kyubi Naruto to do the sexy jutsu I may change it though.

MetaLord

Smash Cadet
Yes, the battle between those two would probably rip the fabric the of reality with their awesomeness.
Opera vs. Orchestra, Eccentric Madman vs. Mad Eccentric, Rapier vs. Violin Bow, Fiction vs. Nonfiction!

Imagine both of them using their final smashes at the same time, the stage would look like an actual stage and there would be musicians and a chorus. As the tumulus but, tear-droppingly beautiful symphony goes on, the stage would fall apart, transforming the game into a chaotic torrent of music and culture!

Next time: What's this? The badass of badasses in anime? The Flame Alchemist Colonel Roy Mustang incinerates his way into Brawl!!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Holy crap, MetaLord. You not only revived the thread, you infused it with some serious mojo. Which is awesome, besides the fact that it'll take a few hours to update it now. I guess that's what I get for making such a thread in the first place. '_'

There's just one problem... you've made Zoro, Nietzsche, Light, Beethoven... that's 4 already. With Roy Mustang, that'll be 5... so you'd most likely take up more than 10% of the whole final roster...
Of course, your contributions are all of pretty high quality... so I guess most people wouldn't mind. Except for those who'll fail to get in, which is bound to happen this time around. Hmm.

Should I allow up to 5 submissions per person? Should I set a limit in the first place? If I do set a limit, I have to apply it to everyone...

In the end, I guess that's something that the contributors should have a say on, since it concerns you. If I allow the generally awesome contributors to just submit as many characters as they want, the overall quality of the final roster will be high, but there will only be a handful of people who'll actually see their character in the select screen, which seems a bit mean... then again, it's sort of a competition after all...
Argh!

Help, please.

Well, I guess I'll get to judging now. With all these new submissions, blood is sure to flow. I apologize in advance to anyone whose rating is gimped by a low character rating... but rating purely the movesets would be even harder than it is now... hmm. Anyway, to work.

antimatter

Smash Lord
Tycho and Gabe from Penny Arcade as Assist Trophies!
If you dont know who these two are, click my first link. Tycho would roll his 20 sided dice and a random thing would happen depending on the number. Gabe would use his game controller to change the effects of buttons pressed.

MetaLord

Smash Cadet
Yes, I agree with the 5 character limit as well, seeing as Roy was going to be my last character anyway.
But, by Jove how did 2 of my characters beat Fawriel! This is amazing! Though its a bit unfortunate that the character I spent longest on, is my lowest on the list. Poor Zoro.
Anyway, I truly enjoyed contributing to this thread, and I hope for the best. I'm very eager to see the final roster.
Ah, and we should give Fawriel a round of silent applause (this is the internet of course) for this thread and his admirable work on it. "Clapping", but nobody can hear.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Thanks, MetaLord. I needed that. ^^;

Done updating. Roster, Dismissed, Secondaries, everything.

Megadio, I wouldn't mind if you replaced Sailor Venus with Saturn. I like that girl. ... just saying.

Sorry to everyone who got shafted. There's always the chance to improve.

And from now on, I'd better start updating more frequently.

:034:

Smash Hero
Flying Dutchman is back with a moveset full of ideas that could have sprung from nobody else's mind.
"Thanks, that's-a so nice!"

I'm proud to be crazy and as original as possible. That said, I'm planning on various crazy AT's for Anthony. Rick Rubin, Dani, Dave Navarro, maybe Jack Irons? Maybe I'll think of a boss as well, but I can't see what a good boss for them would be. Maybe a sack of drugs? Actually - that's a pretty good idea...

Fawriel

Smash Master
thank you for creating this fun place!
You're welcome. ^^
By the way, you rock. That's my favourite Penny Arcade strip, too. :chuckle:

"Thanks, that's-a so nice!"

I'm proud to be crazy and as original as possible. That said, I'm planning on various crazy AT's for Anthony. Rick Rubin, Dani, Dave Navarro, maybe Jack Irons? Maybe I'll think of a boss as well, but I can't see what a good boss for them would be. Maybe a sack of drugs? Actually - that's a pretty good idea...
A sack of drugs? Sounds splendid! Instant educational value! The parents will love this game! :p

MetaLord

Smash Cadet
Now for my coup de grace! Or is it rather a coup d'etat?! No matter! For
Colonel Roy Mustang

Finally joins the Brawl!!!

The ambitious Flame Alchemist of the State Military, he aspires to become Fuhrer to absolve his past sins and for a better world!

A hero of the genocidal Ishbal War, Roy holds deep regret in the lives he took, as well as the atrocities of war.
Despite this inner turmoil, he bears an arrogant and manipulative personality, as well as the undaunted loyalty of his fellow soldiers.

With their support, he will become the most powerful man in Amestris!

Prepare yourself!

STATS
Power: **** A trained soldier, war hero, high ranking officer, and prodigious alchemist at the age of 29, there's little to combat that Roy's not familiar with. Combined with his powerful flame alchemy, enemies fall swiftly to this engine of destruction.
Speed: *** Due to his exceptional alchemic skill, Roy doesn't have to move around much, preferring to stand in one place, raining doom upon opponents. But, if its called for, he can move with surprising agility and throw a bombardment of attacks in an instant!
Weight: *** Not very heavy, but nonetheless more so than Mario.

ATTACKS
Either with his fists or alchemy, Roy's ability as a fighter is superb! Though perhaps lacking Beethoven's ardor, he however attacks with precision and efficiency; not a motion is wasted!

He creates fire by snapping?! His gloves create sparks, igniting the air; by controlling oxygen density, he can manipulate flames!
Further augmenting his arsenal, is his capability to forge flames into various weapons, either into a sword, lance, or whip ; he uses this to his fullest advantage!

Overall Roy is an extremely versatile character and is capable of adapting to the flow of any battle! Truly, a soldier of fortune.

A-Attacks

Standard: "Snap" Roy creates a small flame in front of him. Finishing the warm up, he goes into a lightning quick series of snaps, firing a barrage of flames in front of him.
Opponents are caught and unable to counter-attack!

Side: Swings a flame whip in front of him Belmont style, and burns enemies away.
A trail of fire is left, damaging those who touch it.

Up: Creates an arc of fire by raising his arm upwards. "Raze" enemies into the sky! (Puns make the world go round)

Down: Thrusts a flame sword toward the ground, knocking opponent's feet from under them.

Dash: Balmung- Swings a mighty blade of fire downwards while running; capable of slaying even dragons!

Side Smash: A spear of flame! Drive your weapon into the enemy, on the path of glory, and send them flying!

{Full Charge} Spear of Longinus: A unique smash, fully charging it changes some of its properties.
It.. it's long! The spear extends, and pierces through opponents, but has no knockback. Instead Roy lets go of the spear, and opponents are continuously burned until the weapon is extinguished.

Up Smash: Roy raises his arm, preparing to attack! "SNAP!" He creates an explosion above him! Opponents are "asploded" into the sky!

Down Smash: Places his hand on the ground and draws a transmutation circle. A pillar of flame appears, which launches enemies upwards!

{Full Charge} Volcano: Another one of his unique smashes, Roy draws transmutation circles with both hands on each side, then creates huge pillars of flame; which of course launch enemies with even greater force upwards.

AERIALS

Standard: Sends flames from his hands, incinerating those who come too close.

Forward: Whip the air like a Belmont! Exactly like the strong side attack only with a little less range, but longer recovery.

Back: Kicks the air behind him

Up: Uses an explosion to propel himself, and does a flip kick in mid-air

Down: Swings downwards with his lance, creating an arc of fire which lasts for a couple of seconds. It burns!

SPECIALS
Note: All of Roy's specials have a long start up, so it's best to use from afar. If you're facing a quick enemy, I'd advise the use of standard attacks at any distance less than half the length of Final Destination. His moves are balanced between quick standards, and slow, but powerful specials.

Standard: Fire Storm
{Chargeable} Roy's using both hands this time! Gah! So much fire! After releasing B, Roy performs a relentless move where he shoots fire blasts from his hands, by snapping at an incredible rate. "Snap, snap, snap, snap...." A bombardment that makes the super scope look like a pea shooter! Hold B to increase the length of the attack! Each fire ball doesn't do much damage, but the sheer number of them is daunting. Use this to keep opponents at bay!

Side: Flame Dragon
{Chargeable} Roy prepares a mighty attack! "SNAP!" A rushing inferno in the form of a terrifying dragon! It devours his enemies with its infernal maw, and carries them toward the endless abyss! Truly a terrible sight to behold, opponents are helpless as their damage skyrockets. Although very powerful, it leaves Roy completely open after the attack, as he recovers himself.

{Full Charge} Salamance: The elemental beast of fire is summoned! Roy lets forth a grand flame, which rockets toward his most unfortunate enemies! They're completely enveloped in the blaze and forced towards the ends of the earth!

Up: Hot Air Balloon
Around the world in 80 days! Roy gets in a hot air balloon, and uses alchemy to heat air in order to lift it. He has full control, and is basically like flying with wings. However, Roy can use Fire Storm during this move when not moving, although at a much slower rate. Get off by jumping, or wait until the balloon falls! If the balloon is attacked while Roy's still on it, it'll explode and damage him, as well as anybody near.

Down: Fissure
Draws a large transmutation circle around him with flames, and puts both hands onto the ground. Activating the complex array, he creates a rift in the ground where lava spews forth, entrapping enemies. Those swept up continuously take damage at an astronomical rate, until the lava disperses. Although there's no knockback, opponents will be be pushed away by the flow of the lava, and will have a hard time getting out.
Roy becomes exhausted after the move, and has to recover for a few seconds.

GRABS

Grab hit: Snaps to create an explosion in the opponent's face

Forward: Superheats the air in front of the opponent to create a sonic boom, sending the opponent flying.

Back: Walks past the opponent and then snaps his fingers without looking back. You know what happens. You may ask, "why doesn't the player just move away?" Well, they're so much in awe of his awesomeness, that they can't move.

Up: Superheats the air below the opponent, creating a sonic boom which launches them into the sky

Down: Uses CQC to trip the opponent, then burns their body

FINAL SMASH

SUPERNOVA

Roy grabs the smash ball! But, what's this? He..he's forging it into a philosopher's stone! Bypassing the natural laws of equivalence, he starts a fusion reaction; creating another Sun!
Argh, its bright! Roy launches up into the sky, where it starts to collapse upon its exponentially growing mass!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The screen turns white, and all is silent. ....................oh, the light's fading.
HUH!! All opponents caught in the massive explosion took similarly massive damage!
I guess their weak spot is every where hit by point blank annihilation.
But only those in the core of the supernova were KO'd.

Roy becomes completely exhausted, as well as taking 50% damage.
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, all things are swallowed by the eternal flame.

TAUNTS

Up: Tightens his gloves

Side: "I will become Fuhrer!"

Down: Roy gets a call from Hughes, then hangs up as he's talking.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Yes, I agree with the 5 character limit as well, seeing as Roy was going to be my last character anyway.
But, by Jove how did 2 of my characters beat Fawriel! This is amazing! Though its a bit unfortunate that the character I spent longest on, is my lowest on the list. Poor Zoro.
Anyway, I truly enjoyed contributing to this thread, and I hope for the best. I'm very eager to see the final roster.
Ah, and we should give Fawriel a round of silent applause (this is the internet of course) for this thread and his admirable work on it. "Clapping", but nobody can hear.
yeah Fawriel it's clear you put a lot of time into this I also give a silent round of applause.:bigthumbu
Now i get one more character mmmm.......
Well can't wait till you finish Roy MetaLord I love FMA

Crom

Smash Journeyman
King Ganonidas Boss dismissed!? KGB is clearly the best choice for the roster. Infact, I think it's safe to say KGB is the greatest character ever created in the history of earth. How can you deny this?

Fawriel

Smash Master
MetaLord, could you maybe find a smaller picture of Roy? Stretching the page makes stuff uncomfortable to read. If you absolutely have to keep that picture, I could reduce its size and upload it, I guess...

King Ganonidas Boss dismissed!? KGB is clearly the best choice for the roster. Infact, I think it's safe to say KGB is the greatest character ever created in the history of earth. How can you deny this?
Well, obviously, KGB is so unbearably manly and awesome that his testosterone would slowly have infected all the other characters in the roster, killing almost all of them and leaving only him and the second biggest badass, Beethoven, left in the fray. I hope you see that I could not let that happen.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Well, obviously, KGB is so unbearably manly and awesome that his testosterone would slowly have infected all the other characters in the roster, killing almost all of them and leaving only him and the second biggest badass, Beethoven, left in the fray. I hope you see that I could not let that happen.

While it is indeed a risk to include that much raw power in the lineup, it is also necessary. If some characters disintegrate in the presence of KGB, it's due to their own weakness and should be eliminated anyway.

I think you should reconsider, it would be very entertaining to see KGB on a character selection screen. Quality wise, what other character has original pictures like that? I could provide a custom drawing of KGB for the selection screen as well. Thoughts?

T-major

Smash Champion
can I say something?

*ahem*.....

THIS THREAD IS AWESOME!!!

I'm a MASSIVE lover of character design, so a thread like this is right up my ally! I'll be puting in my own character, you can count on that! I just want to work some things out with his design first (it's an original character)

thank you, Fawriel... thank you for bringing such EPIC WIN to our little Forum!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmm, alright then. I'll be serious.
I gave KGB a rating of 22|27. It was really not easy to decide on a rating. I guess I'll explain myself.

1. KGB is a cool and fun character, and you spent some effort on drawings, which are also pretty good. However, he's also over-the-top and not much besides fun and extremely manly, and we already have several characters who take the badass route, including King Leonidas, who is the main influence behind KGB after all. I suppose he could be a very popular character, but the concept is already kind of old by now and should be rated lower than a character who manages to be fun in an over-the-top badass way and serious at the same time.
One major point that made me rate him so low, though, was the fact that you already posted him in a rather successful joke topic that got a lot of attention already and such... KGB already had his time in the limelight, so to speak.
I try to take into account how much a character would please the general audience as well as the original creator... of course, everyone wants to see their character succeed, but I'd expect someone who really cares to keep coming back to see what they can do to improve their character.
I guess you're here now, so I guess I might have to reconsider.
What does everyone else think? Should I increase the rating?

2. The moveset... well. Simply put, it's not complete and it doesn't work. He's obviously overpowered, and I actually stated that that is against the rules, so technically I could have just rejected him.

You can always edit and add stuff if you really want to, but making him balanced would probably go against the very concept of the character.
I really hope you don't take this too hard. The thread was well made and it was funny, you deserved the praise you got for it. I just don't think that the character will work well for this particular project.

EDIT:
@T-Major: Glad to hear. ^^
I'm a lover of game design as well... I sometimes watch speedruns of games just to see the feel and design of levels. The first Sonic games are a real treat to watch!

Cerulean_Charizard

Smash Cadet
Can I just say that the person who made up the moveset and other stuff for Spyro is PURE WIN, primarily because the very first Spyro game was the first game I played and almost single handedly made me into the video games geek I am today (with a little help from Pokemon and Sonic). It conveys his moves from the three first games perfectly. so well done to them! ^^

Krell

Smash Journeyman

Newcomer: Steve Ballmer!
Description: 31st richest man in the world. Bill Gates' BFF. Crazy president of Microsoft.
If you don't know who he is, this video will help you learn more about him. http://youtube.com/watch?v=KMU0tzLwhbE

Stats:

Size: ****
Ballmer never loses weight, despite his high levels of perspiration.

Weight: ****
Not quite Bowser but certainly no Jigglypuff.

Ever see this guy run around? I have. It's fierce.

Power: ***
Average.

Range: **
Very little, aside from some specials.

Fall Speed: *
Slowww, like Bowser.

Attacks:

A: A right arm punch.
AA: A left arm one.
AAA: Flails his arms for as long as the player taps A repeatedly.

Forward Tilt: Slaps his arm with more reach than his punch.
Up Tilt: Flails his arms in the air, hitting above him 3 times..
Down Tilt: Shuffles his feet.

Forward Smash: Claps, similar to DK's FSmash. Can be chained into a second clap, though, like Link's FSmash. Strong knockback on the first hit.

Down Smash: Stamps his feet screaming "AHHHH".

Up Smash: Swings his left arm upwards exclaiming "AHHHH". Good knockback.

Forward Aerial: A right hook, similar to Mario's, but with less spiking potential. Hits downward.
Up Aerial: Punches directly upward.
Neutral Aerial: Flails in frustration, doing up to five weak hits.
Back Aerial: Feebly kicks backwards, only achieving a half kick.
Down Aerial: Stomps his feet in the air four times. Meteor smash on the first hit.

Specials:

Standard Special: "Developers!": Steve shouts about Developers. Tapping the special button will cause him to scream "developers" once, dealing damage with a slight range. Can be charged up, lengthening the time it lasts according to how long he charges. When fully charged, he will automatically let go, screaming "DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS!" Knockback ranges from Weak to Fairly Strong depending on the level of charge.

Side Special: "I-Love-This-Company!": Swings his arms forward, dealing small damage and causing a strong flinch. Like Marth or Roy's Side Special, this move is a combo attack. First swing, he will shout "I", second, "Love', etc. Each hit is stronger than the previous, the final one causing Heavy knockback rather than causing flinch.

Up Special: "Windows©!": Steve pulls out a Windows PC Tower and swings it downward, propelling himself up. He will then fall rapidly afterwards. The initial attack has medium damage and knockback, while the falling attack has just slight knockback and damage.

Down Special: "Advertisers!": Now, it's all about Advertisers! Steve will stop to talk about the importance of Advertisers. Anybody cought in its short range will be put to sleep for 3 seconds, a la Jigglypuff's Sing. Lasts 3 seconds.

Final Smash: "AHHHHH(etc)": Steve works up an incredible sweat and starts screaming "AHHH!". He begins short hopping and flailing his arms, dealing moderate damage and knockback. These hits randomly "Crit" and deal large knockback and damage. The player can only control his movement, not his jumping or attacking. He leaves a short lasting trail of sweat behind him, which will trip characters who walk on it, like a banana. He is invincible during this time, so opponents will have no choice but to run away! Lasts for 15 seconds, after which he will fall to his knees panting as though his shield as broken.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Lord Odysseus

Hmm, well before I get to the meat of this, I thought of something. Perhaps not a limit of how many submissions per person, but how many you'll take? For example, if I made, say ten different characters, you'd only take a certain number? Just an idea, because I know eventually I'll want to surpass a five character limit. Anyways, with that out of the way...

http://www.geocities.com/trpjwig/Greece/odyssey.jpg (Sadly enough, this is the best up to date picture I can get. He's the guy in said picture.)

Lord Odysseus, the greatest man of Ithaca and the ender of the Trojan war, maker of the Trojan Horse, sails into battle, his sword and bow at the ready!

STATS:
Power: 5 A massive powerhouse, all of his moves are strong.
Speed: 2 His armor slows him to just beneath Link's speed.
Weight: 4 He falls quite quickly, and his jumps have a low amount of height.
Traction: 4 He does not lose his grip against the ground easily, but truly slippery surfaces give him trouble.
Size: 4 His figure stands to about Captain Falcon's height.

Odysseus stands with his shield strapped to his hand, and his sword raised above his head slightly. He wields a longsword, and his shield his round. He also wears his battle armor, and his completely ripped from head to toe. He holds his sword above his head, and his shield is at ready, and has the same effects as Link's shield.

His jumps are poor, nearly as bad as Ganondorf's, and his falling speed is quick, although not as extreme as the fast fallers. His walk his a slow, cautious walk, and his run is a tad slower than Link's run. Also, his swim is amazing despite as weight, and he can stay a float for a long time due to how much his has swum before. His crouch does not take him very low, as he just bends at the legs a bit.

GROUND MOVES

A,A (Standard Combo): He has one slow, moderately powerful sword stab in front of him. It has a good range, and decent knockback/damage. He brings his sword below his head before stabbing, so the start up lag is quite slow, but there is very little end lag.

Forward tilt: He does a spin, using his sword horizontally. Surprisingly low range, as although he holds his arm out, he doesn't truly swing the sword, rather hitting them with the hilt/edge of the blade. This attack is quick going in and out, but the hitbox lasts a full second. Good for messing up the timing of the enemy.

Down tilt: He does a shield bash, which has good range and a similar effect to Zelda's Down Tilt, although the attack is too slow to use it in such a manner.

Up tilt: He brings his sword down, and then up with a strong backhanded stroke, doing good damage and knockback, as well a large, disjointed hitbox.

Forward Smash: He drops his sword where he stands, and puts his hand to his spear, charging. Once the charge is released, in one fluid motion he pulls the spear from it's place and stabs forward, making the farthest non-projectile disjointed hitbox in the game. This smash has a fair bit of lag before it starts and after, as he must pick up the sword, and the hitbox is only the tip of the spear, but it has three different hitboxes, and two of them are meteor smashes. He pulls it out, which is a meteor smash with short range, extends it slightly, a weak attack, and then it extends fully, another meteor smash. The first one sends them flying normally, but the second one sends them low, and is ridiculously hard to come back from. However, the slowness of this move makes it like Falcon Punch - Nearly never used, but beautiful when it hits.

Down Smash: He puts his shield to the earth, with one foot on it for the start of this attack. Once it is released, he launches the other foot and holds out his sword, the round nature of the shield allowing him to spin on it while the sword around him. This attack is neither fast nor slow, and does weak damage, but hits either side of him three times. Also, when he gets off the sheild, he first moves it slightly forward. It has a small hitbox low to the earth, but anyone hit by this is sent flying straight up, while he rolls up off the shield. You can choose the direction of the last hitbox and the way he rolls by DIing, normally it goes in the direction you were originally facing.

Up Smash: He keeps his stance, but leans way back, until his shield faces straight up in the air, and his elbow is touching the ground. When released, his sword acts like a shuttle, launched from the ground straight into the air. This has moderate start-up time, and does strong damage, but weak knockback.

Dash Attack: He thrusts his shield forward, and then rolls on it, his feet coming down for a second attack, which covers a large area above him, all the way to the ground. It takes a couple seconds to stand back up, however.

AIR MOVES

Neutral Aerial: He flips in the air, loosing his spear enough to hit the area around him. This attack is moderately fast, but the hit box spins around him oddly, and he's vulnerable everywhere else.

Up Aerial: He flips in the air, kicking upwards for a second before spinning down. This aerial is weak on power, but actually turns him around. It is a tad slow, however.

Forward Aerial: He moves his shield forward viciously, covering the area in front of him with a large hitbox, and doing small amounts of damage. Similar to a sex kick, in that it does damage even it if isn't timed for best damage properly.

Back Aerial: He spins around and slashes slowly, doing a fair bit of damage before turning around again. It is slower, but quite a strong move, and capable of KOing at high percentages.

Down Aerial: He bends back and sends his foot down, followed by a swipe of his sword. The foot does little damage, and serves better as an interruption. The sword swipe is a meteor, but takes several seconds to recover from.

GRABS

He reaches out with his sword arm, giving a decent grab range. If he grabs them he takes them into a head-lock, holding them in place with his sword arm while he shield arm is free. The attack is a quick smack to the head with the shield.

Forward Throw: He thrusts his hip slightly forward, hitting them slightly while letting go, before bashing with the shield to knock them into the air just enough for him to slash down, sending them away. If this is performed on an edge it sends them downward, but otherwise just knocks them a decent distance away. All in all, fairly strong throw.

Up Throw: He crouches and lets go, then shoves them up with a ferocious shield bash. This doesn't do a lot of damage, but can be chain-throwed heavier characters.

Back Throw: He forces them to continue the way they're facing, to his back, before he spins and slashes them in the back mercilessly. This hits them down into the floor a short distance away.

Down Throw: He tilts back slightly, and forces their head through the space in his armpit by hitting them with the shield, driving them into the ground.

SPECIAL MOVES

Neutral Special: The Bow of Odysseus. The strongest bow, able to kill any many with one terrifying shot, can only be strung by Odysseus. It takes a minute to string and pull back, and during this it can be aimed. It takes longer that the Falcon Punch, and cannot be held, although it can be delayed. The arrows fly relatively slowly, just a little faster than Samus' Charge shot, and do massive damage and little knockback. You can fire more arrows in rapid succession after the main arrow, but these arrows are weak. There is nearly no end lag to this move, but it is only really usable against slow, projectile-less people, or in team battles, unless the other person is stunned. Very rarely used as an edgeguard, because if you have time to string the bow, they have time to get to the edge and get up.

Side Special: Shield Wall. He crouches slightly and shoves the shield forward brutally, making an absolutely massive hitbox that has the greatest priority in the game. If anything hits this shield it is canceled. However, it has lag going in, and even worse lag going out. Useful against timed attacks, or attacks with more lag.

Up Special: Winds in a bag. This Sack that once brought Odysseus ruin may now save him! He pulls out a bag of winds. He can throw this is a normal item. He can only have one on the screen at once. Once one is on the screen, it will break open by using his Up Special again, sending great a great tornado everywhere! If anyone is caught in it then they suffer the same effects as the Mario Tornado, damage included, and at the end are launched out. They choose what direction they're launched in. Odysseus can use it while holding it, which throws him into the tornado as well.

Down Special: Prayer to Athene. Odysseus gets down on his knees, muttering words of prayer to Athene. If someone attacks him while he prays, nothing happens, and he takes the damage. He has super-armor while in this form, so he just takes damage. When he gets up, his smash attacks, and his Neutral B are endowed with the same amount of damage they did to him, plus the normal damage, giving his attacks a massive power boost. However, if he dies, he loses the boost, and it only lasts for one attack. Down Special does nothing in mid-air. During this move, he appears to have a slight golden shine about him. After he has charged his weapon, it also shines slightly.

Taunts:

1 He holds his sword and shield behind him and yells 'Poseidon!'
2 He ducks down slightly, and pulls sheep clothing over him, the same thing he did to escape the cave of Polyphemus
3 He takes out a mixing bowl and lays it down, bowing his head as an offering to the gods before putting it away again.

Entrance:

The Trojan horse itself appears briefly, and he drops out of it, drawing his weapons as he lands, as the Trojan horse disappears.

Alt. Costumes:

Elder Odysseus: This Odysseus wears grey, and has grey hair. Also, his weapons are older, and iron instead of shining golds and silvers.
Telemachus: Odysseus' son is an alternate costume. In this form he has shorter brown hair, and wears white cloth-like armor. His prayer is light brown, opposed to golden.
Evil Odysseus: This Odysseus has black hair and armor, and holds a black shield. His prayer is black, opposed to a shine.
Royal Odyseus: This Odysseus wears royal blue, and his weapons are in perfect condition.
Hunter Odysseus: This Odysseus wears dark greens, and dirt covering him.
Menelaus: This 'Odysseus' is armored in bright red, and has Red hair.
Heaven Odysseus: This Lordly Odysseus his clothed in gold, and his weapons shine slightly, and are bright when charged.

FINAL SMASH: Poseidon's Wrath

Be wary of offending gods, for they are easily angered. Odysseus's clear victory at the usage of a Smash Ball enrages Poseidon to new levels, who will not stand for it! The Earthshaker summons his power, and ruthlessly shakes the field. Touching the ground will hurt anyone, as if a Venosaur was active, but stronger. Meanwhile, Athene, seeing Odysseus's plight, provides a cloud for him to rest in. While in the cloud he cannot move, but he can shoot arrows from his bow down. They take as long as usual, and are aimed from the center of the stage down. This lasts for 7 seconds, until Poseidon decides to give up. Athene lets Odysseus fall back to the earth. When he does, the Smash Ball activates, which his increases the damage of his next attack by 15%, as if he had used Prayer of Athene.

Stage: This stage is a Trojan Boat, the likes of which he sailed with for a long time! A main platform, and then another one at the top of the mast are the fighting areas! All about you the men of Ithaca make certain the ship can sail!

Eventually, this stage gets caught in a storm, and lightning will strike the top of the mast, as well as shake the stage, and break parts of it. The waves will also rise, and cause chaos. But in the end, the storm passes briefly, and the men quickly repair the ship.

MetaLord

Smash Cadet
You sir, are awesome. I suppose this is why you're called the Nerd. (Hope this isn't offensive)
But is this Odysseus based on Homer's Odyssey or one of the various movies?
Anyway, if I haven't had already done 5 characters, you would have inspired me to make a moveset for Homer or Socrates.

Edit: Gah! Now I want to make movesets for the Nine Worthies!
Alexander the Great could probably pawn even Beethoven!

omega_ridley_X

Smash Apprentice
The fiery pits of Norfair, home of RIDLEY!!!
Yeah, I read the manga online, so I could come up with a few good ideas.
Anyway, you were one of the RIDLEY members weren't you? What ever happened to that thread?
heheh, well about that... I was almost a member of RIDLEY, but all of the ridley threads are now banned because of excessive flaming and spamming. The only way I can join now is through private messages.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
You sir, are awesome. I suppose this is why you're called the Nerd. (Hope this isn't offensive)
But is this Odysseus based on Homer's Odyssey or one of the various movies?
Anyway, if I haven't had already done 5 characters, you would have inspired me to make a moveset for Homer or Socrates.

Edit: Gah! Now I want to make movesets for the Nine Worthies!
Alexander the Great could probably pawn even Beethoven!
First of all, thank you, although I have to admit Beethoven was far superior to anyone I've made movesets for, and I never would have thought of the moveset you made Light, which was genius.
It's a mixture or Homer's Odyssey and a movie I saw recently. In the Odyssey, although he is time and time again proven to be incredibly strong, I don't remember much translating itself into a moveset, so I'm inventing some of his attacks as I go.

Also, added Aerials.

MetaLord

Smash Cadet
First of all, thank you, although I have to admit Beethoven was far superior to anyone I've made movesets for, and I never would have thought of the moveset you made Light, which was genius.
It's a mixture or Homer's Odyssey and a movie I saw recently. In the Odyssey, although he is time and time again proven to be incredibly strong, I don't remember much translating itself into a moveset, so I'm inventing some of his attacks as I go.

Also, added Aerials.
Actually I think your movesets are more detailed than mine. Your characters are all well done, and have lots of comparisons to Melee, to make the moves easier to imagine.
I think I should start emulating your attention to the way characters move during the attack.
Not meaning to say I would blatantly copy you of course, but would just take some cues from your style.

Ah, and I'm sure anyone could have come up with such a moveset for Light, you just had to make sure you kept in the boundaries of Super Smash Bros.

And I'm quite awed by Odysseus' moveset as well. Looks as though he will be an excellent character with plenty of unique moves.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, Beethoven's was awesome. I was gonna attempt it (Me = Love the piano) but MetalLord pulled it better. I don't think I would've used the violin.

Someone needs to do Mozart though. How many pianists do we have, anyway?

~ Chiyo and Osaka ~

~ Mihama Chiyo ~

Description: Chiyo-chan is ten years old and attends high school. Chiyo skipped five grades and is the smartest of her class. Chiyo-chan is very independent packing her own lunch and her parents are never seen. Osaka and Sakaki have weird dreams where they think that Chiyo-chichi is her father... odd. Chiyo is always sporting her famous pigtails which are the subject of choice for Osaka's day dreaming.

Chiyo wishes to be bigger so that people see her for her intellect instead of just her cuteness.

Chiyo fights oddly but you'll probably be too busy going “KAWAII!!!” to notice her whooping your butt.

Stats:

Size: **
Smaller than Mario, taller than Pikachu.

Weight: *
She's 10, and small for her age...

Chiyo is small so she has a bit of speed in her.

Power: *****
She has unusual tricks up her tiny sleeves for damage that is OVER 9,000!!!!!

Fall Speed: ***
She falls at an average speed

Attack Speed: ****
Chiyo is the master of calculations and can create a move in little to no time!

Attacks:
A: Chiyo pulls out a carrot and smacks you in the face with it, she got it from journeying overthe carrot mountains 2%
AA: DOUBARU CARROT SLAPPINGU
AAA: Cabbage bash! She got it from crossing the sea of cabbage in search of her pigtails.

Forward Tilt:Chiyo gets angry and punches in front of herself. 8%
Up Tilt: Chiyo throws her hand into the air with a ribbon tied around it. 20%
Down Tilt: Chiyo points downward and an explosion of hearts occur in that area. 23%

Forward Smash: Her charge up animation has her puffing up her chest! She leans forward and yells! Sound lines fly from her mouth which are the true hitboxes. 28%
Down Smash: Azumanga Breakdance! Chiyo spins on the ground with her leg strethced out. Several hitboxes. 68% if all hits connect
Up Smash: Her charge up animation has her with a hand to her chin in deep thought. She points into the air as if an idea has struck her and a giant red sphere with some kanji in it appears above her as the hitbox! 34%

Forward Aerial: Chiyo swings forward with a nekokoneko. 12%
Up Aerial: Chiyo chan's pigtails point upward and she headbutts into the sky. 20%
Neutral Aerial: Chiyo spins around with her arms stretched out. 6%
Back Aerial: Chiyo kicks backwards. 7%
Down Aerial: Chiyo-chan slaps downward with a book. 18%

Specials:

Neutral Special- Detach n' Throw- Chiyo-chan quickly rips off her pigtails and throws them one after the other! This move deals TREMENDOUS damage and knockback... But afterwards Chiyo-chan pulls out a box and hums while attaching her new pig tails... FOR SEVERAL SECONDS!!! Yes very laggy afterwards. 68% damage high knockback

Up Special-Pigtail fly- Chiyo points upwards and her pigtails start to rapidly flap letting her fly freely for a limited amount of time like Pit.

Forward Special- Tadakichi-san Run!- Chiyo puts her hands to her mouth and says “Tadakichi-san!” while jumping into the air. When she is about to land on her bottom a dog appears under her. Tadakichi-san barks and he controls similarly to Wario's motorcycle except doing more damage and being slower. 28% damage from being plowed into.

Down Special- Chiyo-chichi swap- Chiyo-Chan curtsies, chiyo-chichi appears behind her, and grabs her then turns around. Once he turns around you can see that Osaka is behind him and she steps forward to join the brawl!

Other:

Grab: Chiyo stumbles forward and grabs the opponent.
Grab Attack: Chiyo yells at her opponent which causes damage somehow. 4%
Forward Throw: Chiyo slaps the opponent with her 100% scored paper which makes them fly off in shame. 23%
Down Throw: Chiyo throws the opponent under her and she slams onto them. 8%
Back Throw: Chiyo slaps the opponent backwards with her all A report card. 28%
Up Throw: Chiyo throws the opponent upwards a bit then headbutts them. 7%

Entrance:

Chiyo-Chan jumps off of Tadakichi-san and curtsies.

Taunts:

Up: Chiyo waves at the screen and says “ah”
Side: Chiyo giggles
Down: Chiyo tears up then shakes her head to get rid of the tears.

~PENGUIN SUIT OF KAWAII DOOM~

Chiyo has just grabbed a smash ball! A firey aura emits from her until she lifts her hand up into the air and poof. She is in her infamous penguin suit! She is twice as fast and twice as cutel! Not only that but any attacks that hit her will be countered with a penguin slap! Pressing B makes her fall on her back and everyone's shield breaks in a five foot radius cause that is SO **** cute! All her a moves are changed to a slap in different directions that is as powerful as a HOMERUN bat! In conclusion if chiyo chan gets a smash ball run away!!! Well for 25 seconds at least.

~ Osaka ~

Description: Osaka is a odd girl who is from Osaka, Japan. Hence her nickname. Her real name is Kasuga Ayuma but Tomo branded her with her nickname a few minutes after conversing with her. Osaka doesn't like her nickname but she doesn't give enough effort to do anything about it. Osaka has an odd perception about the world and is always day dreaming about things. While it may seem that she doesn't focus on anything at all, she is actually too good at focusing. For once she starts focusing on something the rest of the world seems to blur away... Osaka is good friends with Chiyo-chan and shares the same classes with her.

Osaka is an odd fighter, you'll probably be left confused after fighting with her.

Stats:

Size: ***
Same Size as Mario.

Weight: ****
She's pretty light but her intense concentration makes her forget that she's supposed to be flying away from impacts.

Speed: **
Only one person lost to chiyo chan in a race... That was Osaka.

Power: ****
Osaka can destroy you with her evilness!

Fall Speed: *
Osaka is veeery slow even in the air.

Attack Speed: **
Osaka must think before preforming her attacks

Attacks:
A: Osaka slaps the opponent 2%
AA: Double slap! 3%
AAA: Osaka gets tired from the slapping and sighs which produces a kirby style air puff! 4%

Forward Tilt:Osaka swings forward with unevenly split chopsticks in her hand. 13%
Up Tilt: Osaka headbutts upward. 16%
Down Tilt: Osaka kicks in a downward motion while her shoe flies with weather symbols (clouds, rain cloud, sun, tornado) 18%

Forward Smash: Osaka does a dramatic anime movement and punches the opponent in the face. Tremendous lag afterwards. 40%
Down Smash: Osaka leans forward and opens her mouth which makes a speech bubble appear under her that causes an explosion! 29%
Up Smash: Osaka starts to think of something and a question mark appears over her head which deals damage. 24%

Forward Aerial: Osaka points forward as her fingertips glow. 19%
Up Aerial: Osaka sprouts chiyo pigtails and they flap bit making her go upwards before they fall off. 18%
Neutral Aerial: Osaka spins around as periods circle around her. 10%
Back Aerial: Osaka smiles as she effortlessly kicks backward. 7%
Down Aerial: Osaka kicks downward. 8%

Specials:

Neutral Special- Mind Materialize- Osaka thinks for a while and an exclamation mark appears over her head. Then something randomly appears in her hands.

Mini Chiyo- This is a little version of chiyo who's pigtails are constantly flapping up and down. Once thrown it will fly forward until it flies out of the stage. 12% from being hit.

Kamineko- This is a cute black cat that likes to bite things, particularly sakaki's hand when she tries to pet him. If not thrown after a five seconds of appearing it will clamp down onto Osaka's hand. Once thrown if it hits someone it will clamp down onto them and give a lipstick effect. 8% per second

Chiyo-Chichi- Gah?! Osaka can think up Chiyo-Chichi?!?!? That's right! Once thrown he will shift colors and deal damage depending on his color when hit. Red deals the most damage, green deals the least. Depends... 30% to 3%

Tadakichi-san- Upon landing on the ground he runs forward to try and jump off the stage. 18% also chance to get stuck onto him as he is running away.

Flute- If your opponent gets hit with this item then they'll fall asleep by the sweet melody that it plays. As a bonus, thinking this item up will change the background song to Shikkari! Try La Lai

Walk/Don't Walk Light- What?! Is this some sort of implication that all people from Osaka jay walk? Well it better not be! If this item hits your opponent it will deal quite a lot of damage and depending on the state that its in (walk/don't walk) you're opponent will either stop in their tracks or take off running against their own will! 23% damage

Chiyo-Chan's Pigtails- Don't tell me that Osaka has taken Chiyo's pigtails... It works just like Chiyo's b move except that Osaka doesn't suffer from the lag afterwards.

Raspberries
- Raspberry heaven i'm coming back to you! These work and act just like peach's turnip except that when they hit someone they leave them with raspberry juice which does nothing but it looks nice!

Mayaa- Mayaa doesn't like being thrown if he hits anyone he will claw at their face before somersaulting backwards. Once on the ground Mayaa gives off a battle aura that makes people turn around. 8% from clawing.

Pair of Knives- Yipes! Two knives appear in osaka's hands and she smiles evilly. These cause a lot of damage but little knockback! Be wary of Osaka and her crazy knive throwing abilities.

Chopsticks- Osaka finally manages to evenly split her chopsticks! Hurray! Lot of knockback, very low damage. 5% damage

Flashlight- Oooh creeepy. Good for telling scary stories! If this hits you, you get average damage and knockback plus an electrical effect. 12% damage

Regular Items- Pokeballs, Bob-Ombs, Beam Swords, Mr. Saturn, Laser Gun, Party Balls, Spicy Curry, and Smart Bombs.

Up Special-Kanji Lift- Osaka grabs a giant pencil and starts stating random facts that she knows while simultaneously writing it in front of her in kanji. She walks as she is writing and in a upwards slope so that she is continuously rising. If Osaka gets hit while doing this, which she most likely will since it takes so long the pencil explodes. This explosion sends Osaka flying diagonally towards the stage.

Forward Special- Sleeeeep!- Osaka leans backward and then collapses forward her eyes starting to droop. Her hitbox is very tiny cause its in her fingertips! Touching her fingertips will cause the same effect as a homerun bat! Afterwards Osaka falls on the ground an falls asleep for a few seconds. You better connect your hit or you'll be punished!!! 38% from hit.

Down Special- Chiyo-chichi swap- Osaka bows and Chiyo-chichi's back appears behind her, he turns around taking Osaka with him and let's go of Chiyo-Chan who jumps forward to fight.

Other:

Grab: Osaka tries to grab someone with little effort. Be careful because this has an invisible range that draws you near Osaka even if she isn't touching you!
Grab Attack: Osaka head butts the opponent. 7%
Forward Throw: Osaka pushes the opponent foward. 19%
Down Throw: Osaka throws the opponent under her and then she lands on them like a ballerina with her arms stretched out. 16%
Back Throw: Osaka leans backward and flings the opponent over them while she waves at them. 12%
Up Throw: Osaka throws the opponent upwards after twirling them around. 17%

Entrance:

Osaka bows at the screen and then slowly gets up. you can start as her by holding Z!

Taunts:

Up: Osaka grins at the screen and says “ah”
Side: Osaka sighs and falls asleep for a second.
Down: Osaka starts waving her arms around and dancing as seen in the picture.

~CYBERNETIC ENHANCEMENT OSAKA~

Osaka smiles happily as she is on fire from grabbing the smash ball! She spins around and an umbrella and fan appear in her hands. She spins once again and Tadakichi-san gets magnetically attached to her back. Spin again! Chiyo-Chichi also gets attached and then the fan starts spinning and she floats into the air. The fan spins faster and a force field appears around Osaka! Pressing B will make her push her umbrella forward and open it which will release a huge gigantic laser beam! Just getting near Osaka will cause her force field to fry you and forcefully push you back. 25% from walking into forcefield. 58% from laser beam.

This lasts for 15 seconds!

Hehe, hope i captured the randomness and hilarity that is Azumanga Daioh! with these two characters...

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Can I just say that the person who made up the moveset and other stuff for Spyro is PURE WIN, primarily because the very first Spyro game was the first game I played and almost single handedly made me into the video games geek I am today (with a little help from Pokemon and Sonic). It conveys his moves from the three first games perfectly. so well done to them! ^^
thanks man same for me spyro was my first game so I really wanted to make a move set for him

MetaLord

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah, Beethoven's was awesome. I was gonna attempt it (Me = Love the piano) but MetalLord pulled it better. I don't think I would've used the violin.

Someone needs to do Mozart though. How many pianists do we have, anyway?
Why wouldn't you have used the violin? It was Beethoven's secondary instrument, and he wrote numerous sonatas for it as well. Although I suppose if you knew a way Beethoven could have attacked, other than with a violin, which would have made a balanced moveset I could understand. Not trying to sound overly defensive though.

Anyway, I considered Mozart's moveset as well, and came up with some awesome ideas. Unfortunately, I can't submit anymore. Which is even more unfortunate, as my moveset for Mozart is completely different than Beethoven, and could possibly be even more unique.
"Another famous composer has appeared, but it seems he brings something new to the table!"
"The Master of Opera, The Hegemony of Piano, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart joins Beethoven in the great fray, that is Brawl!"
That's probably what I would have wrote.

Also excellent job on those movesets Megadio. Incredibly unique and varied. Though overpowered in damage. Really, 40% damage with a smash?!

Top Bottom