• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Counterpick/Ban list UPDATED! *updates ban list later* =)

DrewB008

Smash Lord
If for some reason someone doesn't agree to ban yoshi's vs. "GANON" then I suggest to ban FoD, :urg: though I don't know why anyonne would rather play Ganon on YS than on FoD?:confused:
because ys doesnt have plats that **** up your shffl, and ganon dies from a knee at like 50%. i think ive only lost like one match to a ganon on yoshis, and have beaten the legendary joe bushman on such a level. also, falcon gets ***** by space animals on floats and cruise, you guys are high. lots of other things i disagree with, but am not gonna bother posting about cause i cant remember all the things that were on the list on the first page.

__César__

Smash Apprentice
because ys doesnt have plats that **** up your shffl, and ganon dies from a knee at like 50%. i think ive only lost like one match to a ganon on yoshis, and have beaten the legendary joe bushman on such a level. also, falcon gets ***** by space animals on floats and cruise, you guys are high. lots of other things i disagree with, but am not gonna bother posting about cause i cant remember all the things that were on the list on the first page.

I've seen how hard Linguini ***** on YS, FoD ****s up both Falcon and Ganon but Ganon can't maneuver around the stage as fast or smooth as on YS at least from what i've seen from Linguini. Though FoD is kind of anoying I don't have that much of a problem on it, at least not enough to make me pick YS over FoD against Ganon.

I need to learn how to play on Floats and DK64 :laugh:

g-regulate

Smash Hero
counterpicks should be based on your opponents style, and where he likes to go. also, if you are uncomfortable somewhere, ban it. its not entirely character dependent, its different from person to person. i personally enjoy neutrals more than other stages, but ill go anywhere else if necessary. try to notice where you opponent likes to go and ban it. also keep in mind things like how big the stage is, where you can get kill moves, etc. many falcons dont like Fountain, yet it has reasonably small sides, ideal for knees near the edge. banning levels you "dont like" isn't as big as an advantage as banning levels your opponent loves. remember that, and learn to like all stages, so your banning can be based around your opponent's weaknesses. i often ban battlefield on everyone because i hate it, and because im comfortable almost everywhere :)

Fox - fox is pretty versatile anywhere, kills falcon off the top quicker on small stages, yet so does the knee. corneria has a small ceiling without small sides so that could work good on foxes that like the stage.

Falco. lots of people don't like FD because of lasers, but once you get used to getting around them you can be comfortable on it (i am anyway). falco also ***** on rainbow cruise (yayuhz). i hate battlefield, but ill sometimes go there on space animals just in case they also hate the stage, and try to abuse on the platforms.

Marth - i find this match to be even, just be prepared for the consequences of stages. FD is great for falcon, unless you spend time off the edge. its my opinion that marth ***** yoshis story, but knees kill him faster so its a judgement call. i like dreamland because falcon lives longer due to marths lack of kill moves, just dont get gimped off the edge. find your own strats.

Peach - i often ban Mute City on peaches. many peaches go there, and dreamland is also a popular counter pick for peach. its really a judgment call vs peach, whichever level you like the least out of mute/brinstar/dreamland. i enjoy playing on dreamland because peach lives longer than other neutrals, but still dies reasonably quick with knee, and the level isn't ********. ive also grown to tolerate brinstar..... sometimes.

Shiek - shiek outmatches falcon in virtually every category except for amazingly strong kill move (knee). this is a tough one, i usually ban battlefield/yoshis, whatever im in the mood for at the time. notice your shiek-opponents tendancies and find a stage that counters them (vaguest advice ever lol). smaller stages kill shiek quicker, whereas shiek can gay falcon anywhere, remember that.

Samus - ban dreamland. just ban dreamland. do it. do it right now. every time. right now

__César__

Smash Apprentice
counterpicks should be based on your opponents style, and where he likes to go. many falcons dont like Fountain, yet it has reasonably small sides, ideal for knees near the edge. banning levels you "dont like" isn't as big as an advantage as banning levels your opponent loves. remember that, and learn to like all stages, so your banning can be based around your opponent's weaknesses. i often ban battlefield on everyone because i hate it, and because im comfortable almost everywhere :)
I never REALLY thought of how bad Fountain was. . . . I just banned it because I didn't like the moving platforms. I never thought of getting over that and get used to it.

Baseline

Smash Rookie
I counter pick dk64 cause a lot of people hate it and also falcon gets more options on recovery.I ban dreamland 64 more than FoD because of a bad experience with samus plus floatier characters love that stage.

Hax

Smash Champion
I counter pick dk64 cause a lot of people hate it and also falcon gets more options on recovery.I ban dreamland 64 more than FoD because of a bad experience with samus plus floatier characters love that stage.
samus is really good on FOD imo.. id say you have a better shot against her at dreamland. =/

RapeFalcon

Smash Apprentice
Since this thread came back it deserved an update, disscuss.

I will be adding my suggestions on banning stages sometime this week

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
This is pretty handy. lol. pokefloats and DK64 are like top tier for almost all characters.
I thought FD was his best map because he can really move around well with no obstacles.
but the thing with pokefloats is really playing the map alot and getting to know it. I know why falcon is awesome on pokefloats, but why DK64

aside from the barrel, its much like other stages, that and the high ceiling and being able to go thru the stage for recoverys. does that really make a difference? i dont play DK64 much so i was wondering.

__César__

Smash Apprentice
I just played Chu yesterday (FIRST IC PLAYER I'VE EVER PLAYED lol) and agreed to an "all FD set" worst agreement of my life I got 3 then BARELY 2 stocked and I was sure he wasn't trying lol, ICs dash attack ***** here just ban that ****.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I just played Chu yesterday (FIRST IC PLAYER I'VE EVER PLAYED lol) and agreed to an "all FD set" worst agreement of my life I got 3 then BARELY 2 stocked and I was sure he wasn't trying lol, ICs dash attack ***** here just ban that ****.
wow...sucks that chu of all people would be your first IC matchup lol.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
This is pretty handy. lol. pokefloats and DK64 are like top tier for almost all characters.
I thought FD was his best map because he can really move around well with no obstacles.
but the thing with pokefloats is really playing the map alot and getting to know it. I know why falcon is awesome on pokefloats, but why DK64

aside from the barrel, its much like other stages, that and the high ceiling and being able to go thru the stage for recoverys. does that really make a difference? i dont play DK64 much so i was wondering.
Decently long for comboing. Up+B goes through stage. Easy to edgeguard others since edge is so hard to sweetspot. High ceiling prevents vertical death. Barrel allows more Down+B use recoveries. Easy to platform camp on when against a Falco or Samus, etc.

__César__

Smash Apprentice
wow...sucks that chu of all people would be your first IC matchup lol.
Seriously lol. . . . not only that but it was 1st round of winners. . . . before we started hes like "who do you use?" I said Falcon and then he says "Would you mind playing all FD?" I was so nervous I just said ". . .k".

After the set we talked for a bit he was like ":laugh:why were you so scared to attack?" and its true because I said "the whole match I was moonwalking and jumping away from you trying my best to not get grabbed. . . . it obviously didn't work lol." Then he said "those Gentlemen to knees came really fast and wrecked Popo."

I didn't wanna say he was the 1st IC player i've played so I just say that "the dash attacks ***** my soul !" Then I just ended with "Good match I guess. . . ." we both laughed and got off the chairs.

edit Best tourny experience ever:)

ss118

Smash Master
I suggest not using FD against Pika.... that's just asking for your *** to be chainthrown across the entire stage

otherwise, really good. I may take a better look at this later. ;D

Top Bottom