• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate in Old-School: Fusajiro Yamauchi for Brawl!!

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Alright everyone, prepare to listen with an open mind. I've come to present to you an idea that could be considered stupid by some, and ingenious by others. The very founder of Nintendo himself, for Brawl.

Disclaimer: I'm not sure, but this pic may actually be of one of his descendants. The site I found it on was not in english.

Now, the reason I suggest this is because, obviously, he is the single most important person in Nintendo's history. If he hadn't started a little company in 1889 called Nintendo Koppai, then we would not all be waiting to play Brawl right now. It could very well have never even come into existence.

Now, many of you may not know this, but Nintendo got it's start manufacturing playing cards for a game called Hanafuda. These cards, sometimes known as flower cards, I believe would be the best theme for Fusajiro's moveset. I've not had time to fully develop this idea, but I would like to post a few specials in potential, and perhaps we can discuss in this topic a good way to implement his moveset.

--

Up Special:
January - Flower: Matsu (Pine) - Fusajiro holds up this card and sprouts the wings of a Crane. He flies high and then glides for a short time. He can only glide when this move is used.

Side Special:
July - Flower: Hagi (Bush Clover) - Fusajiro draws this card and holds it out. This moves is chargeable. The longer held the faster and stronger the move is. Eventually however, it will simply launch. He rushes forward with the strength of a boar. If he hits it propels the victim straight up. There is slight lag after connecting, but the move is great for starting aerial combos.

Down Special:
November - Flower: Yanagi (Willow) - Fusajiro pulls out this card and it transforms into an umbrella. He holds this umbrella over himself and it deflects certain projectiles at a 45 degree angle. He is vulnerable from behind while holding this umbrella out, but can turn quickly under it. Letting go however causes lag and he can not jump out of it.

Standard Special:
May - Flower: Shoubu (Iris) - Fusajiro throws out this card like a Ninja star. It turns quickly into a water iris flower. The flower deals more damage and knockback than the card so close range use is not recommended.

Final Smash:
December - Flower: Kiri (Paulownia) - Fusajiro crouches and then throws this card high into the air. It flashes and then begins to form into a Chinese Phoenix, bearing beak of a rooster, the face of a swallow, the forehead of a fowl, the neck of a snake, the breast of a goose, the back of a tortoise, the hindquarters of a stag and the tail of a fish. Fusajiro leaps onto the back of the massive in comparison creature and blazes across the screen. It can be controlled, but don't be off the edge when it wears off!

--

Fusajiro has been related to every Nintendo president so far except the most recent, Satoru Iwata, who took over in the place of Hiroshi Yamauchi in 2002. Hiroshi Yamauchi was Fusajiro's great-grandson)

The liklihood of him being in Brawl is pretty low, but I believe if he were in it would be the ultimate tribute Nintendo could have.

I realize he hasn't actually appeared in any video-games, but this is mostly in respect to him. Please feel free to discuss.

What should his A moves be? Have a better Idea for his specials? How could he use other cards in his attacks? For more information about Hanafuda, feel free to check out Wikipedia's article on it HERE.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
He started the toy company that developed into Nintendo yes, but when he wanted to build an arcade game to compete with the western arcade fad, he looked to the help of a young man named Shigeru Miyamoto: the true MVP of Nintendo history.

Disregarding the actual character, somebody with a card based moveset would be cool.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
He started the toy company that developed into Nintendo yes, but when he wanted to build an arcade game to compete with the western arcade fad, he looked to the help of a young man named Shigeru Miyamoto: the true MVP of Nintendo history.

Disregarding the actual character, somebody with a card based moveset would be cool.
This guy was long dead before Miyamoto came into the picture. He died in 1940.

However, the reason I chose him was because he was the founder. I realize the liklihood is low, but if they did run with it who knows what could happen. He's historical, like Game and Watch.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
This guy was long dead before Miyamoto came into the picture. He died in 1940.

However, the reason I chose him was because he was the founder. I realize the liklihood is low, but if they did run with it who knows what could happen. He's historical, like Game and Watch.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the picture you have up there is way too recent to be him. The problem with Yamauchi is that he didn't originate in a video game, though they could always find a way to pay tribute to him, such as special cards as items.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I read the title and thought, "Oh God, I hope that he doesn't want Nintendo's founder as a playable character in Brawl..." I open the thread, and you want Nintendo's founder as a playable character in Brawl...

No. Just. No.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the picture you have up there is way too recent to be him. The problem with Yamauchi is that he didn't originate in a video game, though they could always find a way to pay tribute to him, such as special cards as items.
Most likely. And while yes he didn't originate in a videogame, I would certainly consider him a Nintendo All Star.

I read the title and thought, "Oh God, I hope that he doesn't want Nintendo's founder as a playable character in Brawl..." I open the thread, and you want Nintendo's founder as a playable character in Brawl...

No. Just. No.
It's not so much of a want as an "I think it'd be intriguing"

Top Bottom