• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't sure if I should ask this but I will go ahead. My Teacher is gay. I was wondering; should I tell him that I am gay? I want to because everyone at school knows that he is gay and he might know high-schoolers who are gay as well (as in someone else has let him know that they are gay). No i will not be having anything to do with him like what you might be thinking. Though my grade does need to go up some xD

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
That's a very iffy situation. It depends on how well you and your teacher know each other. If you and he are on very good terms, then perhaps so. Does he know you know he's Gay is another thing. He may be wanting to stay closeted to his students. [Like my Band teacher in High school]

However, if you are on good terms with him, then you should probably pull him aside and ask to speak to him privately. Let it be known that it something that's bothering you and that you only really feel comfortable talking to him about.

Basically, approach it as if you are a student seeking help from him. I don't think running up to your teacher ans shouting. "Hey, guess what!? I'm gay too! Know anyone else whose gay?" would be the best course of action. And even after you do come out to him, don't expect him to tell you about anyone else. People usually invest secrets like that in their superiors because they trust them to keep it confidential. Remember how hard it is for some to come out of the closet.

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
Trust me I am not planning on asking him that. Also I could never be so upfront

Well I still need to think about it but I probably will. Like I said with every person I tell I feel better

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I wasn't sure if I should ask this but I will go ahead. My Teacher is gay. I was wondering; should I tell him that I am gay? I want to because everyone at school knows that he is gay and he might know high-schoolers who are gay as well (as in someone else has let him know that they are gay). No i will not be having anything to do with him like what you might be thinking. Though my grade does need to go up some xD
I say Go for it, but only if this is someone that you have a good relationship with. Other wise, it's just like coming out to some random gay adult. But, yeah, it's probably good to have someone irl that you can talk about these things with, especially someone older who's been though a lot. And I know what you mean. Every time I told somebody, I felt so much better. Good luck~

Yukichu

Smash Apprentice
Oh jeeze I just remembered something. In 8th grade, we wrote in a journal for 5-10 minutes every day for English class. The teacher said he would never read the journals unless we wanted him to, so I trusted him and thought it'd be okay. So I wrote "I really, really like Ethan." and wrote a whole page on him. The teacher thought it was a joke and announced it to the class.

It was really, really embarrassing. -_-;; I had to go along with the joke thing. Thankfully no one remembers it, and he was absent that day.

Somasu

Smash Ace
^ Well that was a jerk thing to do =/ If it were me, I would've pulled him aside later on to explain to him that it was NOT a joke.

And I can kinda relate to the two guys up there saying they 'felt better' with each person they told, kinda.. I didn't feel bad to begin with, but it was good to know that every single one of my friends so far have been perfectly okay with it.

I don't really feel 'better' when I tell people about it anymore. Now I just kinda have it out in the open for everyone to see. About the only two people I can think might make me 'feel better' if they found out would be my parents... but I just have no clue how to tell them or what to expect out of them as a reaction.

Yukichu

Smash Apprentice
Well, at the time, I was still just discovering myself, y'know? I'm extremely shy, and it's hard for me to tell anyone, no matter how close they are to me.

And yeah, it made me feel better to tell some people, but I don't plan on ever telling my parents. Unfortunately, it's seeming as though I'm going to have to tell them some time. They say they'll still love me no matter what etc etc, but I can imagine waking up to find Christian college pamphlets on my desktop. Loving isn't the same as liking or approving of.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Yeesh... a bad bit of conversation my parents had the other day:

"My god, he [Freddy Mercury, lead singer of Queen] was the epitome of gay satire, wasn't he?"
"Was he actually gay?"
"He died of AIDS."
"Ah."

Ouch :ohwell:.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Oh jeeze I just remembered something. In 8th grade, we wrote in a journal for 5-10 minutes every day for English class. The teacher said he would never read the journals unless we wanted him to, so I trusted him and thought it'd be okay. So I wrote "I really, really like Ethan." and wrote a whole page on him. The teacher thought it was a joke and announced it to the class.

It was really, really embarrassing. -_-;; I had to go along with the joke thing. Thankfully no one remembers it, and he was absent that day.
I really can't believe your teacher would do that... That's horrendous. :/ Regardless of whether you had to play it off as a joke or not, that's really dishonorable and I would have pushed for you to tell the Principle or something. Man, people like that just make me sick...

Yeesh... a bad bit of conversation my parents had the other day:

"My god, he [Freddy Mercury, lead singer of Queen] was the epitome of gay satire, wasn't he?"
"Was he actually gay?"
"He died of AIDS."
"Ah."

Ouch :ohwell:.
That's just... ugh. I don't have words for how in bad taste that was. =/ Please don't take offencse, but I don't think I like your parents much Blink...

--

Last night and today have been pretty great for me. My boyfriend arrived back in Arizona last night, and I welcomed him home. It was great to be able to sleep next to him again, even if the bed is only juuuuust big enough to fit the two of us comfortably.

I decided to make the dinner for him tonight instead. We slept in this morning, then woke up and watched "Zoolander" together. Since I'd never seen it. It was very funny. Then we went out to a burger place for lunch and sat outside. It was a nice day today. When we got back to his place we played Elebits for the Wii. It's extremely fun. Once we finished there he and I went back into his room and watched The Simpson's Movie. We kind of got distracted, looking at each other a lot and smiling, at the part where it plays. "Why do Birds suddenly appear" Because that is pretty much "our song". There is a story behind it that I'll share another time. Once the movie finished I got up and started cooking. I made Lasagna with Garlic bread. It was my first time trying to make Lasagna, and it turned out great. ^_^ After I post this and he finishes eating he and I are either going to watch another movie or go play some Super Mario Galaxy together.

As great of a day as today has been however, tomorrow is going to be busy busy busy... as will the rest of the weekend. I've got to make a flash website to show off my portfolio and a level to a game I made up concept and such for. Today was a great relaxing day, but tomorrow I'm going to have to buckle down tightly.

Somasu

Smash Ace
Sounds awesome, Dark =) Makes me wish I had a boyfriend... I'm just not getting lucky I guess... THat reminds me :O I need to finish putting up my Pounced ad.

Hehe, sounds like a busy day tomorrow =P My weekend will be kinda busy as well.. but not to your.. calibur of work D:

Friday: Work from 2-10 PM

Saturday: Guitar Hero 3 tournament to win some easy moneys :D

Sunday: Probably sleep a lot.. like the little cat I am :3

Anyway... I think my mother might have found out about me earlier today on accident.. x.o

I was sitting on my computer browsing through my posts on some websites and stuff... and right as I was looking at a post talking about me asking guys out, being rejected, and feeling.. not too good about it (about as serious a post it can get), she comes in to ask me something. I immediately forget what I was looking at and start talking to her.. eventually there's a slight silence, and she looks at my computer, and comes out asking "Is that you on the screen?" I look over and before I think about what she might have seen, I just say "Yep, that it is."

x_x Oops.. Here's hoping she didn't really read it and only saw my Fox signature.. or here's hoping she didn't read all of it all the way to the part where I'm talking about asking guys out..

Though, I will say... if she confronts me about it, I'm not gonna lie. If she asks me "Was what you said about you asking guys out true?" I'll answer with a plain and simple "Yes, I'm gay" ...How she'd take it, I'm not 100% sure, but.. I'm thinking she might be the parent that will just be shocked and confused, rather than being angry or something.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Aww, Darkfur. Here's some romance math for ya: (You + your boyfriend)*Lasagna/Zoolander = Cutest story ever~

Hope things work out for the better, Somasu. Coming out is a crazy process, but I'm sure you'll make it through just fine.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
That's just... ugh. I don't have words for how in bad taste that was. =/ Please don't take offencse, but I don't think I like your parents much Blink...
No worries. Though I've gotta say, it was very out of character.

Glad to hear you're having a good time with your bf :).

Just realised I missed half a page of posts O_o. Yes, I did go to my prom, and I went with my then 'girlfriend'. Gotta say, it was bleh. All my friends agreed that it was so overrated.

And ouch, Somasu. That's an unfortunate situation there. But as others have said, I'm sure it will all turn out right in the end. Best of luck.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I won prom queen. Not even kidding. There's even a picture to prove it.

I was super popular in high school, every girl's best friend so I knew everyone's business and dirty secrets. I was cold, hard, shiny plastic; essentially I was Gretchen Weiners...that's why my hair is so big, it's full of secrets.

I think I've finally found a guy I can actually see myself getting married to; not now, but definitely in a few years. Now if I could just get him to ask me on a date...I'll primp, I won't be late.

Does anyone in here play Strikers for the Wii? I just got it and am loving it.

And pimpslap, sure, are you going to be at pound3 or finalsmash2? where are you from?

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. Its been a while. How have you all been? Anyway, to respond to this, I think it would be a great idea. If he makes himself that obvious, don't rush in though, because I know some flamboyant men are actually straight, just like how bi/gay people act really heterosexual.

I think if he's cool, you should approach him, with the common excuse. Say that you have a friend (even though your referring to yourself) and you need advice about issues involving these matters. I think that using the indirect tone gives you a safety no matter what. If he says something offensive, your safe, because you said its a friend of your's. If he gives advice, you win too cause you know he can be a confidant when you need help in the future. Plus if he's smart, he'll know that excuse is the oldest in the book. Good luck to you man.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
omg <3 this thread. Not gay myself, (maybe slightly bi) but I am very happy with the girlfriend I currently have. I haven't had that many gay friends (or at least friends who I could tell or had admitted that they were gay), so sadly, I haven't had the pleasure of meeting to many of you. However, from what limited experience I've had, you guys are amazing. I've never met a gay guy or girl who was not friendly or polite.

To relate this to smash, we hosted a tourney at UMD back in november, and we had a pair of gay smashers attend (randofu and his boyfriend). It was great to see them there, and I'm glad they had fun. I hope they'll come to the next one we host.

Oh and darkfur, loving your sig, it took me a long time to finally stop reading the redwall series, I must have read at least twenty of them.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Welcome to the thread~ You seem like a really fun and nice person, and it's cool to have some people in here, who date the opposite sex~, join in on the conversation. Slightly bi, eh? Sounds like fun, heh. Just messing. It's nice to have straight allies who are supportive and accepting enough to post in here.

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
I'm gay, but not much else to really say. I've known since I was thirteen, I come from a homophobic and racist family, I'm 18, almost 19...

I've had two boyfriends, one ended due to my coming out to my mother (Oh the hope of unconditional love) He recently told me he was still in love with me after two years. But he had a breakdown and is now in Pennsylvania. (I'm in Illinois)

And the other was just a bad relationship.

Most of the time, home feels like prison (My mother blames my friends, the internet, TV, and videogames for me 'being this way') and school feels like heaven.

I'm not very stereotypical, and in fact get annoyed by some gay men who do feel the need to purposely fit the stereotype. I understand that we're an invisible minority, and some feel the need to let people know without the awkward "My god, you're amazing, the only thing that could ruin you is if you were gay." "Oh, about that..."

But I've met a few men who have said that the only reason they act as feminine as they do is because they want people to know. And it just seems...stupid to do that. There are some people who are feminine, and I hold nothing against them. But there are some people who you can tell force the behavior... My friend Ryan? Yeah, very feminine. But he's a cool guy. He doesn't feel fake. That sounds suggestive...

I sort of went off on a tangent here. You can guess my first name, I'd hope.

Not really sure what else to post, I'll probably edit this in about five seconds.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I won prom queen. Not even kidding. There's even a picture to prove it.

I was super popular in high school, every girl's best friend so I knew everyone's business and dirty secrets. I was cold, hard, shiny plastic; essentially I was Gretchen Weiners...that's why my hair is so big, it's full of secrets.

I think I've finally found a guy I can actually see myself getting married to; not now, but definitely in a few years. Now if I could just get him to ask me on a date...I'll primp, I won't be late.

Does anyone in here play Strikers for the Wii? I just got it and am loving it.

And pimpslap, sure, are you going to be at pound3 or finalsmash2? where are you from?

You wouldn't happen to be darknessofheart that wrote up the massive wall of text concerning homosexuality right?
If so I still remember that piece of work ^_^ Nice to see you're still around.

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
I'm bisexual myself and my 'coming out' wasn't as difficult as I anticipated. Since I started high school (in an all girls school) I knew that I fancied women. About 3 years ago I finally plucked up the courage to ask a girl out.

I'm a very outspoken person so I was all raring and ready to tell my parents straight away. My Dad's very homophobic so I expected something awful from him but he acted totally cool about it (I don't know if it was an act or not but I was genuinely shocked), my Mother however was a bit "We didn't bring you up like that!" but over all it went well and over time they seem to have come to accept me saying "Gawd, isn't she sexy!".

The relationship didn't last long though. We agreed that we just weren't that compatable. Which was quite upsetting at the time (which is quite imaginable).

Because of my experience, however I was able to help one of my petrified best friends 'come out' to her Mother and provide her with aftercare:laugh: (though our experiences weren't to be that similar actually). Her Mother was a devout Catholic who, in her own words, "Already had two reject children and didn't need a third."

But now she seems to be okay with it. :) (There was an akward moment as I watched the emotional "You're my baby, I'll love you no matter what" bonding hug)

Knowing how difficult it was for my friend I think those of you who are scared to tell your parents just need a very good friend who'll be there for you, even when you come running to their house at 2am in tears, soaking wet and shivering from the rain, to give you a hug and tell you it'll all be okay

<3

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I have a couple of friend that are bi. Not heavily competitive but they play when they feel like it.

This is an interesting thread.

-Onyx

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
You wouldn't happen to be darknessofheart that wrote up the massive wall of text concerning homosexuality right?
If so I still remember that piece of work ^_^ Nice to see you're still around.
Probably. I've been arguing for years.

You guys should check out my debate on gay marriage from debate with your power.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So, what i have been thinking lately. Is that I may be bi. I personally believe that it is more about the person you are than what it is on the outside. Would you guys agree with this?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Probably. I've been arguing for years.

You guys should check out my debate on gay marriage from debate with your power.
I already did ^_^
It is easily among the most informative and well developed argument.
Usually I would contribute but, I kinda miss the open access of the old debate systemand since I am much too lazy I probably won't apply anytime soon.

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
So, what i have been thinking lately. Is that I may be bi. I personally believe that it is more about the person you are than what it is on the outside. Would you guys agree with this?
You are what you are and people should accept you for that, whether it's something on the outside or the inside. If they don't then you don't need to acknowledge them,

One of the great things about not caring about the people who think negative of you is you can be whoever you want to be without prejudice :)

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
Oh my holy god...I am sorry, but I can't control myself, I just have to ask this, I am sorry, it's just you know I can't control it........are you a homo b/c you lived in Texas? OMG I am so sorry, it's like a talent, I just can't control it.
On top of that, during your prom night...was it special? Umm good call that you weren't wearing white, and oh yea, the classic: can you sit up straight?
My mean, you are really helping yourself to be taken serious anyhow, come on man. That's way too much Peach to tell us that you are gay. We got it, you are gay, so tone down the pink and all that...and dude, at least try to hook up with a girl. Grow up faster.
For god's sake, how could you not like girls? COME ON! What's there not to like about girls? Your body are made for sex, at least use the right equipments. Ok, ok, ok, I am done. Be a giver.

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
Oh my holy god...I am sorry, but I can't control myself, I just have to ask this, I am sorry, it's just you know I can't control it........are you a homo b/c you lived in Texas? OMG I am so sorry, it's like a talent, I just can't control it.
On top of that, during your prom night...was it special? Umm good call that you weren't wearing white, and oh yea, the classic: can you sit up straight?
My mean, you are really helping yourself to be taken serious anyhow, come on man. That's way too much Peach to tell us that you are gay. We got it, you are gay, so tone down the pink and all that...and dude, at least try to hook up with a girl. Grow up faster.
For god's sake, how could you not like girls? COME ON! What's there not to like about girls? Your body are made for sex, at least use the right equipments. Ok, ok, ok, I am done. Be a giver.
Seriously? Good God, open your mind. Telling someone to conform to your ideal is rather selfish.

and

Grow up faster
What the hell is that suppose to be mean? Being gay is not something you grow out of. I guess you're just lacking in education on this topic, but still. That's awful.

Gogo Vabrato

Smash Rookie
The raging gayness?

Well, here goes nothin'... I smash with the guys all the time, and my friend Xsyven made me sign up for smash boards... Anywho, yeah I like guys but unless I'm scoring with you, what difference does it make? People put way too much emphasis on orientation to begin with. Bugger off and mind your own business, I say. Well, I guess I'm excited for Brawl to hit, and I fought in maybe three tournaments, tops, so I guess I have some sort of quaification for being here... *bleah* I'm hungry... Really hungry... :urg:

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
I've had someone argue the fact that I'm gay with me. Two people actually.

My mother and my best male friend.

my mother it's denial, and my male friend because he figured it was a ploy for me to make it with the ladies, like be like "ZOMG YOU CONVERTED ME."

And I then wrapped an arm around his shoulder loosely and said "Why on earth would I tell you then?"

And his response was "....Touche... ...Wait do you have a crush on me?"

I laughed at that, because I did XD.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Oh my gawd, so much content and not enough time to post replies to it all! I will make it my mission to re-read this whole topic and answer every general gay related question posed <.<. Why, you may ask? Because I have nothing better to do! And I love talking to other peoples about stuffs =D.

And I also have a story of blatant homophobia coming up involving me and a close friend of mine *winkwink*, get ready for it!

P.S. Everything I've read from Darkfur about his boyfriend and their relationship is so cute and adorable! I can't help but melt when I read your posts =P. Also, cute picture DoH, ;). Anyways, I have a smash tourney I need to get to tomorrow, so it's time for sleep. Talk to you all soon! And welcome to the new peoples =P

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Logically, what's there not to like about guys? You're obviously very happy with your male anatomy, and if some else is equipped similarly, shouldn't you be attracted to them? In fact, in terms of logic, gay people make the most sense. I think i'm going to start referring to myself as mostly illogical now.

Oh and your writing is simply atrocious.

That's another thing I just noticed I like about this thread, most people actually take the time to write in a way that doesn't make me cringe. It's so refreshing.

As to that last line, "be a giver", I think that if i'm interpreting that correctly, I can say that at least some if not not all gay people are a "giver" at least some of the time. But enough of that.

You know, it's funny, I have the opposite problem of a lot of you. People keep thinking I'm gay randomly, and I don't know why. I don't behave flamboyantly, except in jest. I get overly emotional sometimes, and I'm kinda huggy, but that's the only thing I can think of.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com

I'm going to assume this was directed at me.

Actually, I grew up in Chicago.

I won the biggest popularity contest at the school, so I guess it was special; but unlike some of your cohorts, teenage pregnancy would not be an issue for me the morning after.

And because I have class, unlike you, my posture is pretty impeccable.

Money match me if you think my Peach is too gay; I'll destroy you. And while we're on topic, get that Wario **** out of here. We know you're "masculine", quit showing us with a video game character, because obviously what character you use as your avatar determines your personality.

Why would I want to try and hook up with a girl? I've had some of my hags throw themselves at me, but what they're selling, I ain't buyin. I'm probably more mature (wait, your grasp of the English language tells me that I am more mature) than you will ever be; having to deal with being gay and Jewish in a small town in Texas where the KKK meets every Thursday night at Beefers (but it's also the home of Kelly Clarkson, so it's not all bad) taught me to grow up quite fast, in addition to dealing with parental alcoholism. I took a lot of **** from people and I grew up, dealt with it, and snapped right back at them.

I love girls; I have an army of skanks (my *** hags) who are my best friends and I love them all dearly. But I'm not physically hardwired to be attracted to them so I don't act on it. It also means that they're far more inclined to undress in front of me while asking for my advice on clothing; because to them, I'm like a puppy - harmless - a fact that I relish in throwing in the faces of fools like you...they're probably hotter than any trash you've ever been with.

And I both give and receive and make plenty use of all my equipment; maybe you should give a little less hatred.

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT said:
....where the KKK meets...
I was in the same boat, and my mother confessed to performing a hatecrime somewhat tearfully to me once <3

I'd add my own opinion as to what he said, but you covered all the angles.

As a question, what's everyone's age? I'm 18, for reference. Just to find out the irony of Mr. "Grow up faster"

EDIT: Failed at quoting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom