• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move! Super Smash Boards Brawl - And the winners are...

omega_ridley_X

Smash Apprentice
The fiery pits of Norfair, home of RIDLEY!!!
how unexpected! a last-minute appearance by me (I?) !!

This post will be used as a place holder for another one of my original characters. All her moves have some kind of special property, even if it is barely noticeable, which gives her a slight uniqueness (is uniqueness a word?).

expect her moveset friday sometime. (hint: she is currently an AT in my Hiro moveset)

Keep your eyes glued to the screen!!!

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Wow, that Metapod/Kakuna moveset wound up being a lot more awesome than I had thought it would be when I saw the title. I believe applause is in order there, it could not have been easy to come up with that.
Thanks. :-D The smashes and throws actually took lots of thought and a lot of use with the backspace button, but I'm pretty happy with the finished product. Metapod and Kakuna deserve some love!

Fawriel

Smash Master
What... what is this?

Is this... the ultimate character?

It looks so vaguely familiar...

And from somewhere in the distance, somebody yells in a melodramatic tone one of the lines we all know and love...

"HOLD THE PRESSES!"

All submissions for the contest end here!
Thanks for playing!

Make Your Move! now goes into a tiny little hiatus until everything is set up for the voting period!

To repeat: The voting period is a time of, say, three weeks, within which everyone who really wants to win can happily edit their entries and call people's attention to it to wow them with your creativity!
Whatever way we end up voting, all votes are only counted at the very end of this period, so there's lots of time to polish up everything!

Also, if you made a teaser post, you don't have to keep editing that one to insert your moveset into it. In fact, it's much better to get people's attention by submitting everything all at once in a new post!

This is now a battlefield.
I wish you all good luck. May the spirits of creative warfare be with you.

EDIT: Note to self cut down on exclamation marks kbye.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
In the continued madness-driven interest of getting an exclamation mark, I've gone and added a Subspace section for Cthulhu, which is to say I've added a motivation, an area description, and an...extremely ambitious...boss battle, which pits Cthulhu against both Nyarlathotep, the Crawling Chaos, and Azathoth, the Daemon-Sultan. It was a long time in the making, but I think it turned out as well as a head-on collision between H.P. Lovecraft and Super Smash Bros Brawl could turn out.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
I'd like to wish everyone goodluck before madness ensues. Hah. Good luck people!

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
Good luck to everyone, and make sure to vote for Genghis Khan, the greatest conqueror of the Middle Ages!

Edit: I just realized that we're starting to sound like politicians; of course, we are going after votes...

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Good luck to everyone, and make sure to vote for Genghis Khan, the greatest conqueror of the Middle Ages!

Edit: I just realized that we're starting to sound like politicians; of course, we are going after votes...
*gives peace sign* i am not a crook
But yeah good luck to everyone. I'll finish Celebi and Mew in two hours.
Vote for GCM, Spyro, Homestarrunner, Bobobo, Naruto and Celebi+Mew wow maybe I submmited to much:laugh: sorry

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Haha, well, makes me feel a bit inadequate . . . sitting here with only two characters. :p

At any rate, I'm not going to go crazy over this, so if you want to vote for my characters, only do so because you think they'd be good additions. I don't need praise for writing walls of text, nor will I be crushed if people don't vote for my two characters.

The good characters will get votes. The bad ones won't. It's as simple as that. ^_^

Edit: Forgot to say "Good Luck!" to everyone. So, good luck!

RWB

Smash Ace
Conan & Ai & Heiji
Chatu Ranga
Scrooge McDuck
Temali
Konata
Pippi Longstocking
Fuego
Tale Team
Ronia
Christer Lindarw

aaaaaand....

Those are all my characters. some I worked harder on than others, but I still hope that they all will at least be given a look by all ye voters!

fums63

Smash Apprentice
good luck to all and are all the ones up there the ones for the voting? or does it need updating?

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Good luck to all, and if you don't vote for Anonymous and Yahtzee I'll personally come to your house and break your legs! ^_^V

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Make sure you guys go and vote for Eye-Scream, and hopefully Polaris and Metapod/Kakuna if they're included!

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Well, if everyone's going to give a brief speal on who they've submitted...

The Joker, the most persistent, repeatedly destroyed mini-boss to return every level, bringing his repertoire of gambling, a dashing sword, and cunning playstyle and mindgames to the table!

Lord Odysseus, the greatest man of Achea and the ender of the Trojan War, the genius blessed by the goddess Athena, surviving all attempts Poseidon makes at his life, to join the Brawl!

Yoda, the crippled old Jedi Master, far too old to fight in those wars anymore, but still strong enough to wave his cane to crack your skull! With his array of force-powers and his lightsaber and cane, he floats into the fray!

The Angry Video Game Nerd, the angiest, foulest nerd ever to appear in the history of the world. He's come to take you back to the past, to play the ****ty games that suck ***...

And Win.

Keramon, the devourer of data, the ender of the internet, and the one who strikes fear into all those across the globe, has snuck into Brawl to destroy all!

To unlock Keramon, perform the 'Black Hole' glitch on Final Destination, in the dead center of the stage, and then jump in directly above it. It will send you through Final Destination, into Keramon's stage. You'll remain there and fight five cruel wire frames/alloys/whatever we're using for those in his level, with a slightly amount of lag to it. This is highly difficult, but you retain the amount of lives you had before performing the glitch, for the first numeral. If the number of lives you have is in the double digits the game freezes.

After beating the five wire frames(whatever) the challenger approaching sign appears. Then you must fight yourself at level 9 with a large handicap as Keramon. Winning unlocks Keramon.

And finally, without further ado, my personal favourite and probably one of the best...

Rythe, the ultimate fighting machine! This twisted, wretched creature comes from the depths to strike, massacring the competition with his twisted claws, ridiculous speed, and intense flames!

To unlock Rythe, defeat Classic Mode on the hardest difficulty with all the starters without losing a life for any of them. He challenges you on Battlefield, and is at level 9 with a large handicap.

Yes, I was cruel on how to unlock Rythe and Keramon (Keramon especially). Also, out of curiosity, should I make the Angry Video Game Nerd an unlockable? I think if both Odysseus and King Leonidas make it Lord Odysseus will be an unlockable, but otherwise they'll be starters if either make it.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
No clue, I just figured it they were unlockable, that's how they'd be unlocked.

Kips

Smash Ace
Argh I didn't have a speech, I just wished everyone good luck! Well, here goes nothing...

The cute category needs but one queen to rule it. That queen is Viki? Why? Because she's adorable, deadly and above all- CUTE. IT'S CALL THE CUTE CATEGORY. VOTE VIKI OR VOTE TO GO HOME.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Well...let's see who I have...

Leonidas, the king of Sparta
He's quite slow, but his slowness matched by his power and awesomeness
Also, this is Sparta

Flygon, the Mystic Pokemon, a "mirage" from the desert
He has an awesome air game that can't really be captured in text

Sasuke, the last Uchiha
He's a speed demon and he's got some power to back it up

Kenji, an Immortal who a variable weapon
This guy's moveset is really all over the place and takes wide variety of influences
Arranging it in an epic manner was quite difficult

and...

Aku, a sadistic Immortal with powers of darkness
He's just creepy >_>
But he's got some cool ideas there, so take a look

gl everyone

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Made some buttons! If you guys support my characters --

-- then feel free to showcase them on your signatures to get people voting for them!

Link to Eye-Scream: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3463149&postcount=326
Link to Polaris: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3864178&postcount=636
Link to Metapod/Kakuna: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3870279&postcount=669

If you'd also like one of these buttons for yourself, I'll be happy to make some for you. There is a catch however...you gotta vote for me. Muhahahaha! Just PM me if you would. Thanks. ^_^

Fawriel

Smash Master
Bwahaha, PolarisJunkie.
I see the dark side is already starting to exact its influence upon you guys. XD

I hope you all can be a little more patient with me... besides that I need to fix up this thread and make my ultimate character, I'd also like to participate in the current Write With Your Power... That's important business for someone who's trying to apply for a literary course at the university, you see.

However, the epicness of Ike shall make up for it!

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
CHARACTER APPROACHING!!

S0crat3s

On-Stage Appearance: S0crat3s rides a Bullet Bill into the stage, which explodes upon impact.

Neutral Stance- He just stands there with his hands curled into fists at his sides. He sways a bit, in time to the background music.

Walking Animation- He shoves his hands in his pockets, leans back a bit, and half-waddles forwards.

Running Animation- Think Mario from Super Mario Galaxy.

Crouching Animation- He crouches close to the ground and readies his hands in a guarding position.

Crawling Animation- Think Mario from Super Mario 64.

Stats
Power: 3/5
He has much vigor, and it shows in his attacks (average damage, high knockback).

Speed: 4/5
S0crat3s is blessed with the quickness of youth! Very useful for stealing snacks from the pantry.

Jump: 3/5
His jumping rivals that of his idol, Mario, but he is plagued by shortness.

Height: 2/5
He's a bit on the tiny side, but on the field of battle, what does size matter...Right?

Weight: 2/5
He's light on his feet, but he can be sent flying at low percents.

Range: 3/5
His feet and fists can reach a good distance, considering how short he is.

Fall Speed: 2/5
His light weight and floatiness make him seem like an easy character to juggle, but his midair attacks beg to differ.

Traction: 1/5
S0crat3s is a slippery youth--he can slip out of grapples easily, and slides like the 'Weej.

Appearance-
(face)
Hair- Never seen, because it’s always under his Mario-esque yellow “S” hat.
Eyes- Cartoony and oval-shaped. They are void of pupils (or anything else that might be found in an eye that isn’t white) and have dark circles, due to an excess of video game playing.
Nose- Nonexistent. However, there is a darker, horizontal zigzag going across where the bridge of his nose should be, again, due to an excess of video game playing.
Eyebrows- Black and usually furrowed in concentration, frustration, or for making silly faces.
Mouth- Cartoony and usually pouting, grinning, or making silly expressions.

(body)
Proportion- Equal to that of the Mario Brothers (but a bit taller than Mario, and shorter than Luigi).
Skin- Brownish.
Hands- Proportionally equal to those of Mario.
Body- Slimmer than Mario, but leaner than Luigi.
Feet- Perfect size for stomping.

(clothes)
Hat- Yellow with an (S) on the front (a la Mario).
Shirt- Yellow and has a Mushroom on it.
Shoes- Similar to the ones Mario wears.
Pants- Blue and go down to cover the tops of his shoes.
Socks- Go up to his knees.

Backstory-
(interesting bits)
-Brought to the US by a lost and very confused stork
-Made his pilgrimage to the Mushroom Kingdom at the lucky age of 3
-Started meditating in the Mushroom Forest at 7, where he befriended (and later ruled over) the creatures that lived there
-Mastered the ancient Mushroom fighting arts of Item-Fu, Power-Up-Do, and Vigor-Boxing
-Was reunited with his long-lost younger brother, Chris, when the same tired, lost, and incredibly drunk stork dropped him on S0crat3s' head
-Three years later, the evil Princess Magdalena kidnapped Chris for the first time, when S0crat3s promptly kicked her spoiled, evil butt and took Chris back
-Princess Mag now kidnaps Chris regularly, usually most Wednesdays from 12pm-3pm
-He was first introduced to Smash Bros. when Chris, Mag, and himself went out for Sunday brunch one day at the Smash Colosseum to watch a match between Mario and Fox. He thought the match was so cool that he trained with even more vigor to become part of it
-Seeing this opportunity, Mag kidnapped Chris, then had her butt kicked by S0crat3s (again)
-S0crat3s is now 13 years old, and is applying for Smash. Bros, which is why this is being typed

A- Punch --A standard punch
AA- One-Two Punch –A left jab followed by a right jab
AAA- Punch, Punch, KICK! --One-Two Punch combo followed by a barrel-roll sidekick
A (hold)- VIGOR BARRAGE!! –A forward barrage of flailing punches
Side Tilt- Roundhouse –A pivoted roundhouse kick
Side Smash- Falcon…Punch!! –A powerful thrust punch, yells “Falcon PAWNCH!!”
Down Tilt- Ankle Grab –Grabs at the opponents ankle, tripping them and doing little damage
Down Smash- Double Flail –Crouches and flail-punches to both sides (lasts longer when charged longer)
Up Tilt- Coward Swipe –Swipes one hand in an ark above him while covering his eyes with his other arm
Up Smash- …Reach!! –Hops while wiggling his outstretched arms above him
Running Attack- DeDeDe Bellyflop --Trips and slides on his tum with his hands reaching forwards, like King DeDeDe in the Kirby games

Neutral Air- Be A Starman!! –Thrusts arms, legs, and head in a five-pronged star shape
Back Air- Reverse Barrage Kicks –Alternates kicks repeatedly, only stops upon initiating another move, hitting the ground, or being hit (invulnerable to projectiles from kicking side)
Forward Air- Grab The Ledge!! –Flails arms forwards as if reaching for a ledge. Combos opponents
Up Air- Hat Swipe –Swipes his hat in an ark above him
Down Air- Meteor Kick –Charges, then thrusts both legs down. As the name implies, it is a meteor smash

Grab- Octopus Cling –Clings onto the opponent
Grab Attack- Headbutt –Bashes his skull into the opponent
Forward Throw- Shove –Shoves the opponent in the faced direction
Up Throw- Mario Jump –Throws the opponent upwards, then jumps and hits with his fist (like Mario would do to a brick)
Down Throw- Stomp, Stomp, Stomp!! –Throws the enemy and stomps with both feet 5 times
Back Throw- Trip Thrust –Throws the opponent backwards at the ground (a la Marth), then pounds them with both legs when they ricochet

Neutral B- Wand Shot –Twirls a Magikoopa wand behind him and lets fly with a Triangle, Square, Circle shot. If it hits the ground, it creates either a Koopa, Goomba, Parakoopa, or Shy Guy
Side B- Shell Slide –Slides across the stage on a Koopa shell, can attack by spinning. Cancelled by crouching, getting hit, or losing/gaining too much speed (resulting in a trip)
Up B- Mushroom Leap –Leaps high into the air, does a footstool jump if contact with an enemy is made during the ascent
Down B- Heroic Pose --S0crat3s thrusts his arm towards the screen (alternates between an index finger point, a thumbs-up, a “Show Me Your Moves!” salute, or a “V for Victory” sign) for 2.8 seconds. If the opponent attacks during this time, he/she is too stupid to respect the Heroic Pose, and as a result, S0crat3s takes no damage, winds up, and punches said opponent in the groin (for ladies and things like Kirby, he punches them in the face).

Final Smash- Angry S0crat3s –S0crat3s becomes enraged by something (crowd booing, getting a brick thrown at him, having his picture taken, or getting hugged). His skin turns red and steam billows from his ears, where his nose should be, and his mouth. He then launches himself at the nearest enemy (where a dust cloud surrounds S0crat3s, the initial opponent, and anyone else near enough to be caught in it), and attacks all in the dust cloud. After 65% damage has been done (to the initial opponent, not total), he then explodes, causing 10% damage to everybody (even if they weren’t in the dust cloud, in which case, he will put some of the explosion in a box, wrap it up, and then explode it in their face).

Kirby Hat- None. If Kirby or DeDeDe use Inhale, he jumps up and chops them in the head with his hand.

(taunts)
-Sits down and starts playing his DS (lasts until cancelled or hit)
-Does a Mario jump (complete with “boing” sound)
-Poses with his Wiimote

Victory pose- Sits down and plays his DS; Turns around, half-crouches, points his finger at the losers, and laughs at them; Does Link's victory pose (where he swipes twice, then raises his sword in the air), except for with his Wiimote+Nunchuck

Losing pose- Looks at the victor spitefully while clapping his hands

Character Theme- An NES version of Brawl's main theme, but to the rhythm of the Super Mario NES theme.

Home Stage: Mushroom Forest

The forest where S0crat3s meditated and trained for years, the Mushroom Forest is filled with danger and obstacles.

(layout)
The main platform is completely flat, with no way to be KO'd by falling. There are huge leaves that can be used as platforms (similar to Distant Planet), and small saplings scattered throughout the terrain can be cut down.

(obstacles)
-Piranha Plants hang from the above canopy, and occasionally lower themselves down to chomp on the players
-Shy Guys, Goombas, Koopas, and various other Mario critters sometimes wander onto the field, causing damage to those in their way

(SSE Story Bit)

S0crat3s and Chris are relaxing in the woods, playing video games, eating junk food, and whatnot. The bushes behind them rustle with a spoiled, perfume-ish, snickering jolt, and Princess Magdalena jumps out, grabs Chris, and skips sinisterly off into the distance.

Gameplay Bit- You control S0crat3s as you go through the woods in pursuit of the Princess, defeating enemies, crossing obstacles, and avoiding dangers along the way. You stop to fight a bunch of Ptooie Piranhas, Gloombas, and Sinister Guys, and then pass through a clearing in the greenery.

S0crat3s finally catches up with Princess Mag, where he continues to chase after her in an attempt to kick her but and take Chris back. Something particularly shiny catches his eye, diverting his attention from Mag and Chris. Magdalena, knowing that not much will distract S0crat3s from something he's intent on (like taking back Chris and kicking her butt), so she drops Chris on the ground and turns to see a very, very shiny treasure chest. S0crat3s makes a move for it, but Mag (that spoiled brat) pushes him out of the way, grabs it, and starts to make her escape. Chris is preoccupied with a silly-looking baby Wiggler.

Gameplay Bit- Another chase scene. This time, the stage is scrolling, and spikes are everywhere. Go on for a bit and meet up with Magdalena.

S0crat3s and Magdalena (Chris nowhere to be seen), both out of breath, have arrived on a flat plateau. Mag opens the chest (with much struggling and frustration) and takes out a...Mega Mushroom! S0crat3s, knowing that these power-ups are bad news in the hands of villains (or villainesses, in this case), runs at Mag--but too late! Mag has already eaten the Mega Mushroom. With green-faced discomfort, Magdalena gags, crouches, and (with a breath of releif) transforms into Mega Magdalena! She throws a punch at S0crat3s, he dodges, and the battle commences!

Subspace Boss: Mega Magdalena

A bossfight similar to the Master Hand/Crazy Hand battles in Melee, Princess Mag has undergone a transformation brought on by stealing a Mega Mushroom (a la New Super Mario Brothers) from a very shiny treasure chest. Her hands and head stay in the foreground while the rest of her is in the background. You fight her on a Final Destination-esque platform, and need to defeat her left hand, right hand, and head (which becomes vulnerable after her hands are defeated).

(attacks)
Left Hand:
Point-Blank -- Fires a magic bullet from her finger at close range.
Mega Smack -- A smack that travels across the stage.
Finger Jab -- An attack similar to Master Hand's Poke, but only attacks once.
Facepalm -- She curls her hand up, palm forward, and shoves it halfway across the stage.
Thumbs-Up -- Her hand curls up, thumb exposed, and tries to push S0crat3s into the ground with it (similar to DK's >B).

Right Hand:
Rock -- Curls her hand into a fist and slams it into the ground.
Paper -- Flattens her hand, and slaps repeatedly with a fan-like effect.
Scissors -- Extends her forefinger and middle finger and snips away (has the cutting effect).
Mag Magnum -- Similar to Point Blank, but stronger.
Walk -- Similar to Master Hand's Walk, but jabs into the ground.

Head:
Apply Directly to the Forehead -- She slams her forehead into the ground repeatedly, followed by a stun.
Blow -- Mag inhales quickly, then blows. Doesn't do damage, but pushes you off the stage.
Inhale -- She inhales longer, and aimed at S0crat3s. If you don't escape, she'll catch you in her mouth. Button mash to get out, but if you stay idle for 5 seconds, she'll use--
Swallow -- This happens if you stay idle too long after she uses Inhale. She deals 50% digestion damage over 15 seconds, then spits you back up, doing 5% damage.
Hyperbeam -- Charges for a bit, then fires a giant laser onto the stage. Easy to dodge, but does Massive Damage.

Fawriel

Smash Master
... dammit, S0crat3s! You just reminded me that I should have changed the title of the thread...
Unfortunately, the deadline is over... Your moveset is pretty cool, but it would be unfair for the others to accept it into the competition after the deadline. You'll still get a space in the first page list, though.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Characters can still be submitted to show up in the list on the first page, they just can't participate in the contest is all.

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
... dammit, S0crat3s! You just reminded me that I should have changed the title of the thread...
Unfortunately, the deadline is over... Your moveset is pretty cool, but it would be unfair for the others to accept it into the competition after the deadline. You'll still get a space in the first page list, though.
Oh, that's quite alright...Although throughout yesterday I tried posting, but it took forever...I was worried that it wouldn't get a space on the front page, but I don't really care about him being in the contest...I'm just relieved that my own creation, my own grey matter made it to the front page...^_^

This is an OC, by the way...

fums63

Smash Apprentice
mine didn't make the deadline? i had them done thursday night...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Oh, that's quite alright...Although throughout yesterday I tried posting, but it took forever...I was worried that it wouldn't get a space on the front page, but I don't really care about him being in the contest...I'm just relieved that my own creation, my own grey matter made it to the front page...^_^

This is an OC, by the way...
You tried posting it but it kept timing out? Hrm...

mine didn't make the deadline? i had them done thursday night...
I didn't say anything about you not making the deadline. o_o

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm just slow like that. ^^;
I'll update the front page when I'm done with everything. That way I can still put in all the new submissions that will still be finished in that time, too.

Kips

Smash Ace
Phew, it certainly does take a bit of time to update all those pictures huh? Alright, even though it's not my own character...
VOTE GANONIDAS BOSS! He's so awesome, he forces even me to vote for him (Not for the #1 though, that's for Viki.)

Top Bottom