• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marths Alternate Costumes! High Quality!

True Fool

Smash Ace
If the green costume actually has black pants and not blue, like in the recolor you just made, I will be very pleased. Green+Blue+Black+Gold FTL.

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
If the green costume actually has black pants and not blue, like in the recolor you just made, I will be very pleased. Green+Blue+Black+Gold FTL.
Yeah, I found that looks cool, too.

Don't we have a Marth main with a japanese version of Brawl in this forum? We need someone to make usable pics of all those costumes.

I haven't seen any pics of the light blue Marth... so I could only use the one on the first page for referance. This is what came out:

greetz

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman

Don't we have a Marth main with a japanese version of Brawl in this forum? We need someone to make usable pics of all those costumes.

I haven't seen any pics of the light blue Marth... so I could only use the one on the first page for referance. This is what came out:

greetz
Great job, man. :)

Arashi

Smash Cadet
Hey! That's not high quality! Nonetheless, thanks for the pictures. I prefer the red costume over the others.

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
Could you do the white suit next please?
I gave it a try... but you have to know that changing a color to white or even other bright colors is very hard and needs a lot of time if you don't want it to look like crap.

Anyways, I tried to recolor Marth to his white costume, that's what came out:

In my opinion, this is the worst of my Marth-recolors, since it doesn't really look good to me :(

Well, maybe you like it anyways...
greetz

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
I like it , but the gloves are a little bright don't you think? Everything else is mad cool.
Looks weird... you're right. But take a look at the very first picture in this thread (first post).
His gloves seem to be so bright in SSBB... But maybe I'll change my picture later.
Oh and thanks for your positive comment.

greetz

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
After seeing your avatar I had to do it... Roundhouse puts hurt on me :(

I couldn't make a good gold... that's all I got for you, Mr. Norris. Please, don't kill me :(

greetz
:laugh: Dont worry, Chuck isnt going to kill you, maybe a little face-recolor... loljk

You have done an awesome job on all them, man, im totally buffed about the golden marth looks amazing as well as the red and light blue one, the gloves on the elvis marth are a bit distracting but still pure win!!!1!

How about a pink recolor? to emphasize marths gayness because hes so gay and stuff

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
How about a pink recolor? to emphasize marths gayness because hes so gay and stuff
Yeah, I guess that's what the plastic case for the looong sword is for. :psycho:

I'll maybe do it tomorrow. Can't say no to a Chuck, right?

greetz

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Even though the red isn't the same as Melee, I'm probably going to still use it. If I don't end up liking it, I'll use white. It looks pretty awesome.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman

greetz
Thats the original Marth outfit from Fire Emblem, for a full pic go here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marth_(Fire_Emblem)

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
Here's your request. Sorry that it took me so long... stupid real life :chuckle:

And I noticed that the dark purple on his cloak looks badass, so I made this one:

greetz

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
dang, this doesnt look as gay as i expected it to be... SWEET/not gay at all! i would defenitly main the badass purple one if he was in brawl.

i'm really happy you posted the recolors here and not in the artwork-section, wouldnt have reconized them otherwise. thank you very much for the effort you put in this

right now i'm looking at an old brawl poster poster with samus on it. I have a last request: a samus-style recolor with orange-yellow-red in it. are you up for it?

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Here's your request. Sorry that it took me so long... stupid real life :chuckle:

And I noticed that the dark purple on his cloak looks badass, so I made this one:

greetz
Hey, those are really keen! :grin: Good job, man!

I've actually had the idea long ago that Marth's sixth costume should be a royal purple/black/silver dealie.

Mobbin, can you please do this?:

* Headband (or tiara as everybody else calls it): Silver main part; amethyst purple gem
* Cape: Black outside, dark purple inside
* Brooch on cape: Amethyst purple gem; silver trim
* Shoulder and chest armor: Black main parts; silver trim
* Tunic: Royal purple main part; silver trim
* Belt: White main part; silver buckle with amethyst purple in middle
* Gloves: Royal purple
* Sword sheath: Royal purple main part; silver accents and trim
* Pants: Black
* Boots: Royal purple main parts; silver top and metal parts (I hope that makes sense)

I've also had the idea that his sixth costume should be Roy's default colors in "Melee", too. :)

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
The white costume is a beast. I've always used the white costume in Melee, and it looks even better this time around!

Socrata

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the pic. I'm still going to be sticking with his red costume again.

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
I've actually had the idea long ago that Marth's sixth costume should be a royal purple/black/silver dealie.

Mobbin, can you please do this?:
Sure, how's this:

right now i'm looking at an old brawl poster poster with samus on it. I have a last request: a samus-style recolor with orange-yellow-red in it. are you up for it?
Umm... Samus is already orange-yellow-red :lol:
Maybe I'm able to fulfill your wishes, if you specify it a bit (like Starry Might did :chuckle:), Sir Norris. :O

greetz

Edit: I made a "Dark marth" recolor, inspired by Links costume:

This is the result:

I couldn't resist giving him the red sword :lol:. He almost looked like a sith lord xD

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Sure, how's this:
The boots came out differently than what I had in mind, but that's okay, they look good! Muchas gracias, man! :grin:

Edit: I made a "Dark marth" recolor, inspired by Links costume:

This is the result:

I couldn't resist giving him the red sword :lol:. He almost looked like a sith lord xD
Ooooh, evil...but cool! :grin:

I'd like to see Marth with Roy's default "Melee" colors next. :)

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
Umm... Samus is already orange-yellow-red :lol:
Maybe I'm able to fulfill your wishes, if you specify it a bit (like Starry Might did :chuckle:), Sir Norris. :O
kaj, i'll try to explain:

(lol copy&paste)

* Headband/tiara: red main part; amethyst green gem
* Cape: red outside, insidecolor is up to you
* Brooch on cape: Amethyst green gem; silver trim
* Shoulders: orange, chest armor: red main parts; silver trim
* Tunic: red main part; yellow trim
* Belt: up to you
* Gloves: orange
* Sword sheath: dark green
* Pants: yellow
* Boots: all orange

my idea for the recolor is based on this shot:

I hope this helps:

something like this o maybe a bit different, in the end its up to you, you are the artist.

btw: dark-sith-marth looks scary, the tipper-force is strong with this one :laugh:

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see Marth with Roy's default "Melee" colors next. :)
Actually, one of my first Marth recolors was this here:

I think it was based off that picture on Roy - SmashWiki...
Maybe you like it.

And @Chuck:
lol, I thought you wanted a Samus recolor :D... I think I didn't read carefully :lol:
But I'll try to recolor that. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow. :p

greetz

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
And @Chuck:
lol, I thought you wanted a Samus recolor :D... I think I didn't read carefully :lol:
But I'll try to recolor that. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow. :p

greetz
sweet, really looking forward to this.

edit:
actually there was a marth compilation thingie but imghost.us turned gay... re-uploaded on photobucket:

(w00t, 100th post)

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Actually, one of my first Marth recolors was this here:

I think it was based off that picture on Roy - SmashWiki...
Maybe you like it.
The blue's different from Roy's, but it's a very nice shade, nonetheless!

Good job, man!

Anyways, this was actually my Dad's idea, but when you're done with °UÇK's "Samus Marth" request, do one that colors him like Dante from the "Devil May Cry" series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Dante_transparent.png

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
@Chuck:
Here's your Samus colored Marth:

Und ich hab grad was interessantes bemerkt :chuckle:
Ich weiß zwar nicht, wo Dörverden ist, aber ich komm auch aus Niedersachsen :lol:

And @Starry:
I'm not 100% sure how to do this... I'll give it a try. But not now :p. Maybe in 2 hours or so.

greetz

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
Copied my comment before the hax, luckily:

@Chuck:
Here's your Samus colored Marth:

Und ich hab grad was interessantes bemerkt :chuckle:

Ich weiß zwar nicht, wo Dörverden ist, aber ich komm auch aus Niedersachsen :lol:

greetz
Haa, wie geil! Also ich hab mir schon gedacht, dass du nicht aus den U.S.A. kommst als du geschrieben hast, du gehst jetzt die "neuen" Southpark Folgen gucken aber dann doch gleich so nah... wo genau in Niedersachsen wohnst du? Dörverden ist in der Nähe von Verden, falls dir das was sagt. Bist du auf den deutschen smashboards angemeldet?

Sorry for the german chipchat, back to english:
Samus-Marth ("Smarthus"?!lol) turned out nicely although i expected the pants to be a bit brighter, more neon-like buts still awesome, <3 my green sword Smarthus :)

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
Haa, wie geil! Also ich hab mir schon gedacht, dass du nicht aus den U.S.A. kommst als du geschrieben hast, du gehst jetzt die "neuen" Southpark Folgen gucken aber dann doch gleich so nah... wo genau in Niedersachsen wohnst du? Dörverden ist in der Nähe von Verden, falls dir das was sagt. Bist du auf den deutschen smashboards angemeldet?
Nee, bin ich nicht. Mal schauen, ich meld mich nachher vielleicht mal an :p

@saripsa:
Thanks for the screenshots. The quality is pretty good :bigthumbu

greetz

Synch

Smash Cadet
Marth finally got some pants, it seems.

Nice quality screens; the red costume looks awesome once again.

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
I understand. :)
I hope you understand, that I couldn't exactly recolor him... I really hate making bright recolors. I tried to make white hair (like Dante has on the pic you posted)... but it didn't work out. I left the hair in a dark grey, that's what looked best imo.

Here's the recolor:

greetz

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
I hope you understand, that I couldn't exactly recolor him... I really hate making bright recolors. I tried to make white hair (like Dante has on the pic you posted)... but it didn't work out. I left the hair in a dark grey, that's what looked best imo.

Here's the recolor:

greetz
That's okay, that looks wicked! :grin: Thanks and good job, man.

Count Alphez

Smash Rookie
light blue does look to be an awesome change. but green and black, they remain my favourite. course i use green though

smash_dave

Smash Rookie
Yes! The Red Costume! That one is by far the best looking one (apart from the black).

Top Bottom