• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move! Super Smash Boards Brawl - And the winners are...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Aaaaalright.

The links are up. Also, here is the list of all characters you can vote for.
It's not the final one, though!
Tomorrow I'll completely remake the first post, get rid of all the unneeded artifacts from the first days, make it more concise and everything.
I'll also go through some of the characters with two stars and see if I can bump up their rating to three so they can participate, because I feel I've been fluctuating too much in my standards. So two or three characters might still be added to that list.

In updating the first post, I'll also add some more markers to this list to make it less of a painful wall of text. For now: Check. It. Out.

[COOL]
Ace Lightning
Anonymous
Astro Boy
Ben Ten
Chell
Conan & Ai & Heiji
Crash Bandicoot by Moon/Sun
Buzz Lightyear
Dean
Dude
Farthing Fox
Edin Notn
Edward Elric
Eye Scream
Great Clay Monkey
Hiro
Ike
Joker
Kenji
Les Stroud
Megaman X
Naruto
Roy Mustang
Somasu
Spyro
Taga

[BADASS]
?????
Bass
Bill Brasky
Buddy
Chatu Ranga
Comrade Canada
Cromag
Feraligatr
King Leonidas
Motoko Kusanagi
Roronoa Zoro part 1,part 2
Scrooge McDuck
Temali
Willis Brooke
Yoda
Yutabooz

[DARK]
Aku
Chaos
Cthulhu
Etheream
Keramon
Kurai Oscuro
Light
Malandros Nyclo
Phantom of the Opera
Rythe
Sasuke

[CUTE]
Billy Hatcher
Celebi&Mew
Furret
Haruhi
Hugo
Kero-chan
Konata
Pippi Longstocking
Viki
Vooze
Yuki

[FANTASY]
a mage girl
Arceus
Aves
Cena
Elza
Fawriel
Flygon
Fuego
Howl
Luggage
Mask Link
Polaris
Sailor Mercury
Sailor Moon
Sailor Venus
Sindel
Tale Team
Warxe

[HISTORY]
Friedrich Nietzsche
Genghis Khan
Socrates by MetaLord
Socrates by TheOfficialSonicFanboy

[LITERATURE]
Don Quixote
Odysseus
Ronia

[MUSIC]
Anthony Kiedis
Ludwig van Beethoven
Kelsi Nielsen
Miku
Tori Amos

[FUNNY]
Alien Guy
Angry Video Game Nerd
Bobobo
Chiyo-chan&Osaka
Cyberjunkie
Flying Dutchman
Homestar Runner
S0crat3s
Strong Bad
The Salesman
Warner Brothers
Yahtzee by Kirby M.D.

[WTF]
Al Gore
Bill Cosby&Squirtle
CD-i Link
Christer Lindarw
Cursor
Firefox
Hyacinth Bucket
King Ganonidas Boss
Landmaster
Mario
Metapod&Kakuna
Mr. Mario Paint
Nog
Porkman
Steve Ballmer

PS: Don't worry about it, RWB. I was kinda stressed out earlier.

PSS: Thanks for posting those things, fums. Should've done that earlier already.

fums63

Smash Apprentice
sorry to complain, but did you forget the prince?

edit: oh he got two stars.

Lelouch Vi Britannia

Smash Rookie
A real pity that he can't participate in the contest... you did a really darn good job at this moveset...
I threw in Travis just because this topic looked fun, only to realize it was a contest later. Doesn't bother me that he's not included, though it's nice to hear I did a good job with his moveset.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Brian - Quest 64

A Moves-
A: Staff Swing
AA: Staff Cross
AAA: Head Stave
Running A: Homing Arrow 2
Forward A: Rock 1
Down A: Staff Trip
Up A: Wind Cutter 1
Smash A: Rock 2(Rock 3 full charge)
Smash Down A: Hot Steam 1(Hot Steam 2 full charge)
Smash Up A: Wind Cutter 2(Wind Cutter 3 full charge)
Air A: Wind Wall(if it hits an enemy, it may give them more weight, and slow them down)
Air Forward A: Large Cutter(he swings his staff forward, creating a large blade of wind, slicing forward for a few seconds)
Air Down A: Ice Knife(he points his staff downward and 4 blades of ice appear around him, cannot freeze, or do much, but looks rather sweet)
Air Up A: Fire Pillar
Air Back A: Homing Arrow 1(he stabs his staff backwards, creating three red arrows that spin around it, doing mediocre damage)

B Moves-
B: Fireball 1(Fireball 2 with slight charge, Fireball 3 with full charge)
Down B: Water Pillar 1(Water Pillar 2 with slight charge, Water Pillar 3 with full charge)
Forward B: Cyclone
Up B: Return/Exit(Return teleports him a certain distance equal to 1/3 inches times his current damage, directly towards the edge, and it will grab the edge if
applicable. Exit is the same as Mewtwo's Teleport, but only is in use while on the ground.)

Grabs-
Z: Grab
Z + A: Head Stave
Z Forward: Fire Bomb(he launches them forward in a lowball shot while they're encased in flames)
Z Downward: Ice Wall(light blue clouds appear around Brian, possibly freezing the enemy, doesn't move them very far or do much damage though)
Z Upward: Wind Walk(just throws them high into the sky, and the character launched goes much slower for 5 seconds than normal)
Z Backward: Rolling Rock(the character is sent rolling on the ground backwards a few feet, if it hits someone, there's a small chance the hit character may join the
opponent in a rolling frenzy)
Air Dodge: Escape(similar to Mewtwo's, slightly longer, and isn't seeable where he happens to be like Mewtwo is)

Final Smash(es)
When Brian grabs the Smash Icon, he gets 2 seconds to choose a following move by pressing Up, Back, Down, or Forward on the Control Stick. Default is
Forward.
Up: Extinction(The ultimate fire spell selects the highest damaged opponent, and if they have over 100% and more than 1 Life, then lose a stock(but stay in the same
place))
Back: Avalanche(The extremely powerful rock spell launches Boulders in a similar fashion to Onix's Rock Throw from SSB64, with wider range, but much less
height. The damage is 10% per boulder)
Down: Walking Water(This giant water spell starts by creating a Water Pillar 3 itself, and sending it forward for tremendous damage, but little knockback. Causes
about 20% to each opponent)
Forward: Ultimate Wind(Unlike the other spells, this one targets all opponents, including weak monsters if applicable. They take 30% damage each.)
If Brian has 150% or more damage, the moves change to these.
Up: Power Staff 2(A red beam appears below Brian and shoots upwards...doing no damage, though. For 30 seconds, he does double the damage he normally
would for pure Physical attacks only)
Back: Magic Barrier(a small red bubble creates over him, and then a somewhat larger bubble goes around him. For 20 seconds, all non-physical attacks, including
items, do absolutely nothing to Brian. However, Fans will break his shield even with a weak attack or throw. And Shield Breaker destroys it automatically.)
Down: Healing Level 2(Brian heals 30% damage onto himself.)
Forward: Weaken All(all opponents cannot use their normal shield for 10 seconds)

Taunt 1: He lifts his staff above his head, and circles it, then slams it into the ground.
Taunt 2: Brian twirls his staff on his finger for about 2 seconds.
Taunt 3: He casts a spell called Spirit Armor 2, which sends a blue pillar around him and shoots very high upward. No actual effect applies, though.

Winning Taunt 1: He spins his staff and jumps up, via his classic winning taunt from Quest 64.
Winning Taunt 2: He puts his hand up to his staff and his staff is in a horizontal position, then creates a Red X that falls onto him, basically backfiring a Silence spell
and casting it on himself.
Winning Taunt 3: He quickly runs, then falls on his face. His staff stands up by itself, and glows a bright yellow, then finally dances for a little bit.

Costumes-
White
Brown/Blue
Green
Yellow
Red

Stats-
Weight: 2
Power: 4
Speed: 3
Jump: 2
Usage: 1

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
Where did S0crat3s go in the starting roster? I saw him earlier, but his image disappeared...Did he get a "!"? It doesn't matter, though, I'm just glad that he made triple-star ranking...:D

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
wait so are there going to be 35 finalists? or 39?
50, unless I'm very much mistaken.

Speaking of which...I guess I better start making my list shouldn't I? :dizzy:

I'm also going to update some of my characters.(ie make Kirby Forms for Mask Link, stage for Billy, add detail to moves) I've read over some of my charcters and they feel...inadequate. :ohwell:

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371

Davy Jones

Stats (Out of 5)
Power: 4
Speed: 2
Combo Ability:3
Grab: 5
Jump: 2

Standard moves
A: Sword swing
AA: Sword swing the other way
AAA: Rapid hits with sword
Side Tilt: Strong sword swing
Up Tilt: Stab upward
Down Tilt: Tentacles swing

Smash attacks
Side Smash: Bash with claw
Up Smash: Swings all tentacles upward, hits multiple times
Down Smash: Spin attack with sword

Aerial moves
Neutral Air: Tentacle spin
Side Air: Sword slash
Down Air: Claw bash down
Up Air: Flip kick
Back Air: Stab backwards

Grabs/Throws
Grab: Lashes out tentacle, can also be used for tether recovery.
Side Throw: Claw bashes them away.
Back Throw: Tosses them with tentacles
Up Throw: Tosses up, and lashes out tentacles and slams them back down.
Down: Slams down and stabs with sword.

Special Moves
B: Pistol
Pulls out a pistol and fires. Up to 6 shots can be fired before the attack ends.

Side B: Sword Twist
Leaps forward, sword in front of him. If it connects, he stabs the foe and twists his sword around.

Up B: Combo
Claw bash, then sword swing, then tentacle swing upward.

Down B: Sink
Sinks into the stage, then reappears and attacks. Think Meta Knight's Down B.

Final Smash: Calypso
Calypso appears, and turns into a giant pile of crabs that attack the foe.

On-screen appearance: Comes up from the floor/wall.

Taunts
1: Swings they key to the chest and laughs.
2: Lashes ot all tentacles and shouts (From POTC3)
3: Pulls out pipe and says, "Do you feel death?"

Victory poses
1: Laughs, and sinks into the floor.
2: Performs a combo with his sword.
3: Has his locket. Snaps it shut and growls.

Darkurai

Smash Master
NEWCOMER: Maestro Max

From the learning "game", Music Ace Maestro, Maestro Max joins the Brawl!

He is joined by his singing music notes, which he uses in battle!

NOTE: I forgot what the stick-thing is called, so I'm calling it a baton.

Crawling: No (that would make his tuxedo quite untidy!)
Wall Jump: No (it would scuff his shoes!)
Wall Cling: No (his gloves don't have the best traction)
Number of Jumps: Two

[Standard Combo]
Maestro Max swings his baton like a sword for the first two button presses, and finishes with a thrust!

[Tilts]
Up: Maestro Max pulls out a trumpet and plays towards the air. It does little knockback, but decent damage.
Forward: Maestro Max pulls out a violin and uses it like a bow and arrow! The "arrow" doesn't go very far, however. Again, little knockback, but decent damage.
Down: Maestro Max sings to the ground. It does no knockback, but a bit of damage. It takes a second to activate, as he must clear his throat first.

[Smashes]
Up: Maestro Max points his baton at the sky and notes fly out. Little knockback, but strong damage.
Forward: Maestro Max pulls out a line (as in a line on a musical staff) and swings it like a baseball bat. This attack has excellent range.
Down: Maestro Max pulls out a guitar and slams it to the ground (like Dedede's forward smash).

[Aerials]
Neutral: Maestro Max spins with his baton held outright.
Up: Maestro Max flips in the air. Has better knockback when the opponent his it with the tip of his shoes.
Forward: Maestro Max pulls out a treble cleff and swings it in front of him.
Down: Maestro Max pulls out a bass cleff and swings it below him.
Back: Maestro Max pulls out a "sharp" or "flat" (it's random) and swings backward. A sharp does more damage than a flat, but less knockback. A flat does more knockback, but less damage.

[Specials]
Neutral: Write A Short Melody
Maestro Max's lessons sometimes include writing a quick melody. In this attack, Maestro Max pulls out a paper and pen and starts writing a melody. As he does, the notes (as in the quarter notes and half notes, etc.) fly out in front of him, damaging the enemy.

Side: Move This Note
Maestro Max pulls out a note (as in the notes in the picture above) and throws it at the opponent. They come in blue, green, red, and purple. The different colors do different amounts of damage.

Up: The ABC's of the Grand Staff
This is the Grand Staff. When this move is used, the Grand Staff appears and Maestro Max climbs it like a ladder. The staff harms opponents, but does no knockback.

Down: Play This Rhythm
Maestro Max pulls out a drum and starts playing it. It shakes the ground, knocking characters into the air.

[Final Smash]
Ode to Joy

Maestro Max is a big fan of classical music. When he grabs a Smash Ball, this famous melody starts blasting, doing insane damage to opponents! However, it does no knockback, so Maestro Max must be quick if he wants to get the points!

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
CHARACTER APPROACHING!!

S0crat3s

On-Stage Appearance: S0crat3s rides a Bullet Bill into the stage, which explodes upon impact.

Neutral Stance- He just stands there with his hands curled into fists at his sides. He sways a bit, in time to the background music.

Walking Animation- He shoves his hands in his pockets, leans back a bit, and half-waddles forwards.

Running Animation- Think Mario from Super Mario Galaxy.

Crouching Animation- He crouches close to the ground and readies his hands in a guarding position.

Crawling Animation- Think Mario from Super Mario 64.

Stats
Power: 3/5
He has much vigor, and it shows in his attacks (average damage, high knockback).

Speed: 4/5
S0crat3s is blessed with the quickness of youth! Very useful for stealing snacks from the pantry.

Jump: 3/5
His jumping rivals that of his idol, Mario, but he is plagued by shortness.

Height: 2/5
He's a bit on the tiny side, but on the field of battle, what does size matter...Right?

Weight: 2/5
He's light on his feet, but he can be sent flying at low percents.

Range: 3/5
His feet and fists can reach a good distance, considering how short he is.

Fall Speed: 2/5
His light weight and floatiness make him seem like an easy character to juggle, but his midair attacks beg to differ.

Traction: 1/5
S0crat3s is a slippery youth--he can slip out of grapples easily, and slides like the 'Weej.

Appearance-
(face)
Hair- Never seen, because it’s always under his Mario-esque yellow “S” hat.
Eyes- Cartoony and oval-shaped. They are void of pupils (or anything else that might be found in an eye that isn’t white) and have dark circles, due to an excess of video game playing.
Nose- Nonexistent. However, there is a darker, horizontal zigzag going across where the bridge of his nose should be, again, due to an excess of video game playing.
Eyebrows- Black and usually furrowed in concentration, frustration, or for making silly faces.
Mouth- Cartoony and usually pouting, grinning, or making silly expressions.

(body)
Proportion- Equal to that of the Mario Brothers (but a bit taller than Mario, and shorter than Luigi).
Skin- Brownish.
Hands- Proportionally equal to those of Mario.
Body- Slimmer than Mario, but leaner than Luigi.
Feet- Perfect size for stomping.

(clothes)
Hat- Yellow with an (S) on the front (a la Mario).
Shirt- Yellow and has a Mushroom on it.
Shoes- Similar to the ones Mario wears.
Pants- Blue and go down to cover the tops of his shoes.
Socks- Go up to his knees.

Backstory-
(interesting bits)
-Brought to the US by a lost and very confused stork
-Made his pilgrimage to the Mushroom Kingdom at the lucky age of 3
-Started meditating in the Mushroom Forest at 7, where he befriended (and later ruled over) the creatures that lived there
-Mastered the ancient Mushroom fighting arts of Item-Fu, Power-Up-Do, and Vigor-Boxing
-Was reunited with his long-lost younger brother, Chris, when the same tired, lost, and incredibly drunk stork dropped him on S0crat3s' head
-Three years later, the evil Princess Magdalena kidnapped Chris for the first time, when S0crat3s promptly kicked her spoiled, evil butt and took Chris back
-Princess Mag now kidnaps Chris regularly, usually most Wednesdays from 12pm-3pm
-He was first introduced to Smash Bros. when Chris, Mag, and himself went out for Sunday brunch one day at the Smash Colosseum to watch a match between Mario and Fox. He thought the match was so cool that he trained with even more vigor to become part of it
-Seeing this opportunity, Mag kidnapped Chris, then had her butt kicked by S0crat3s (again)
-S0crat3s is now 13 years old, and is applying for Smash. Bros, which is why this is being typed

A- Punch --A standard punch
AA- One-Two Punch –A left jab followed by a right jab
AAA- Punch, Punch, KICK! --One-Two Punch combo followed by a barrel-roll sidekick
A (hold)- VIGOR BARRAGE!! –A forward barrage of flailing punches
Side Tilt- Roundhouse –A pivoted roundhouse kick
Side Smash- Falcon…Punch!! –A powerful thrust punch, yells “Falcon PAWNCH!!”
Down Tilt- Ankle Grab –Grabs at the opponents ankle, tripping them and doing little damage
Down Smash- Double Flail –Crouches and flail-punches to both sides (lasts longer when charged longer)
Up Tilt- Coward Swipe –Swipes one hand in an ark above him while covering his eyes with his other arm
Up Smash- …Reach!! –Hops while wiggling his outstretched arms above him
Running Attack- DeDeDe Bellyflop --Trips and slides on his tum with his hands reaching forwards, like King DeDeDe in the Kirby games

Neutral Air- Be A Starman!! –Thrusts arms, legs, and head in a five-pronged star shape
Back Air- Reverse Barrage Kicks –Alternates kicks repeatedly, only stops upon initiating another move, hitting the ground, or being hit (invulnerable to projectiles from kicking side)
Forward Air- Grab The Ledge!! –Flails arms forwards as if reaching for a ledge. Combos opponents
Up Air- Hat Swipe –Swipes his hat in an ark above him
Down Air- Meteor Kick –Charges, then thrusts both legs down. As the name implies, it is a meteor smash

Grab- Octopus Cling –Clings onto the opponent
Grab Attack- Headbutt –Bashes his skull into the opponent
Forward Throw- Shove –Shoves the opponent in the faced direction
Up Throw- Mario Jump –Throws the opponent upwards, then jumps and hits with his fist (like Mario would do to a brick)
Down Throw- Stomp, Stomp, Stomp!! –Throws the enemy and stomps with both feet 5 times
Back Throw- Trip Thrust –Throws the opponent backwards at the ground (a la Marth), then pounds them with both legs when they ricochet

Neutral B- Wand Shot –Twirls a Magikoopa wand behind him and lets fly with a Triangle, Square, Circle shot. If it hits the ground, it creates either a Koopa, Goomba, Parakoopa, or Shy Guy
Side B- Shell Slide –Slides across the stage on a Koopa shell, can attack by spinning. Cancelled by crouching, getting hit, or losing/gaining too much speed (resulting in a trip)
Up B- Mushroom Leap –Leaps high into the air, does a footstool jump if contact with an enemy is made during the ascent
Down B- Heroic Pose --S0crat3s thrusts his arm towards the screen (alternates between an index finger point, a thumbs-up, a “Show Me Your Moves!” salute, or a “V for Victory” sign) for 2.8 seconds. If the opponent attacks during this time, he/she is too stupid to respect the Heroic Pose, and as a result, S0crat3s takes no damage, winds up, and punches said opponent in the groin (for ladies and things like Kirby, he punches them in the face).

Final Smash- Angry S0crat3s –S0crat3s becomes enraged by something (crowd booing, getting a brick thrown at him, having his picture taken, or getting hugged). His skin turns red and steam billows from his ears, where his nose should be, and his mouth. He then launches himself at the nearest enemy (where a dust cloud surrounds S0crat3s, the initial opponent, and anyone else near enough to be caught in it), and attacks all in the dust cloud. After 65% damage has been done (to the initial opponent, not total), he then explodes, causing 10% damage to everybody (even if they weren’t in the dust cloud, in which case, he will put some of the explosion in a box, wrap it up, and then explode it in their face).

Kirby Hat- None. If Kirby or DeDeDe use Inhale, he jumps up and chops them in the head with his hand.

(taunts)
-Sits down and starts playing his DS (lasts until cancelled or hit)
-Does a Mario jump (complete with “boing” sound)
-Poses with his Wiimote

Victory pose- Sits down and plays his DS; Turns around, half-crouches, points his finger at the losers, and laughs at them; Does Link's victory pose (where he swipes twice, then raises his sword in the air), except for with his Wiimote+Nunchuck

Losing pose- Looks at the victor spitefully while clapping his hands

Character Theme- An NES version of Brawl's main theme, but to the rhythm of the Super Mario NES theme.

Home Stage: Mushroom Forest

The forest where S0crat3s meditated and trained for years, the Mushroom Forest is filled with danger and obstacles.

(layout)
The main platform is completely flat, with no way to be KO'd by falling. There are huge leaves that can be used as platforms (similar to Distant Planet), and small saplings scattered throughout the terrain can be cut down.

(obstacles)
-Piranha Plants hang from the above canopy, and occasionally lower themselves down to chomp on the players
-Shy Guys, Goombas, Koopas, and various other Mario critters sometimes wander onto the field, causing damage to those in their way

(SSE Story Bit)

S0crat3s and Chris are relaxing in the woods, playing video games, eating junk food, and whatnot. The bushes behind them rustle with a spoiled, perfume-ish, snickering jolt, and Princess Magdalena jumps out, grabs Chris, and skips sinisterly off into the distance.

Gameplay Bit- You control S0crat3s as you go through the woods in pursuit of the Princess, defeating enemies, crossing obstacles, and avoiding dangers along the way. You stop to fight a bunch of Ptooie Piranhas, Gloombas, and Sinister Guys, and then pass through a clearing in the greenery.

S0crat3s finally catches up with Princess Mag, where he continues to chase after her in an attempt to kick her but and take Chris back. Something particularly shiny catches his eye, diverting his attention from Mag and Chris. Magdalena, knowing that not much will distract S0crat3s from something he's intent on (like taking back Chris and kicking her butt), so she drops Chris on the ground and turns to see a very, very shiny treasure chest. S0crat3s makes a move for it, but Mag (that spoiled brat) pushes him out of the way, grabs it, and starts to make her escape. Chris is preoccupied with a silly-looking baby Wiggler.

Gameplay Bit- Another chase scene. This time, the stage is scrolling, and spikes are everywhere. Go on for a bit and meet up with Magdalena.

S0crat3s and Magdalena (Chris nowhere to be seen), both out of breath, have arrived on a flat plateau. Mag opens the chest (with much struggling and frustration) and takes out a...Mega Mushroom! S0crat3s, knowing that these power-ups are bad news in the hands of villains (or villainesses, in this case), runs at Mag--but too late! Mag has already eaten the Mega Mushroom. With green-faced discomfort, Magdalena gags, crouches, and (with a breath of releif) transforms into Mega Magdalena! She throws a punch at S0crat3s, he dodges, and the battle commences!

Subspace Boss: Mega Magdalena

A bossfight similar to the Master Hand/Crazy Hand battles in Melee, Princess Mag has undergone a transformation brought on by stealing a Mega Mushroom (a la New Super Mario Brothers) from a very shiny treasure chest. Her hands and head stay in the foreground while the rest of her is in the background. You fight her on a Final Destination-esque platform, and need to defeat her left hand, right hand, and head (which becomes vulnerable after her hands are defeated).

(attacks)
Left Hand:
Point-Blank -- Fires a magic bullet from her finger at close range.
Mega Smack -- A smack that travels across the stage.
Finger Jab -- An attack similar to Master Hand's Poke, but only attacks once.
Facepalm -- She curls her hand up, palm forward, and shoves it halfway across the stage.
Thumbs-Up -- Her hand curls up, thumb exposed, and tries to push S0crat3s into the ground with it (similar to DK's >B).

Right Hand:
Rock -- Curls her hand into a fist and slams it into the ground.
Paper -- Flattens her hand, and slaps repeatedly with a fan-like effect.
Scissors -- Extends her forefinger and middle finger and snips away (has the cutting effect).
Mag Magnum -- Similar to Point Blank, but stronger.
Walk -- Similar to Master Hand's Walk, but jabs into the ground.

Head:
Apply Directly to the Forehead -- She slams her forehead into the ground repeatedly, followed by a stun.
Blow -- Mag inhales quickly, then blows. Doesn't do damage, but pushes you off the stage.
Inhale -- She inhales longer, and aimed at S0crat3s. If you don't escape, she'll catch you in her mouth. Button mash to get out, but if you stay idle for 5 seconds, she'll use--
Swallow -- This happens if you stay idle too long after she uses Inhale. She deals 50% digestion damage over 15 seconds, then spits you back up, doing 5% damage.
Hyperbeam -- Charges for a bit, then fires a giant laser onto the stage. Easy to dodge, but does Massive Damage.
Fixed and added a couple of things, but I don't know what else I need to get a "!"...:/

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
That's a good question, what's ! worthy?
Also, holy euphemism for male genitalia, both my characters got *** first run? That's awesome!

:034:

Smash Hero
That's a good question, what's ! worthy?
You get a '!' if a character is outstanding or revolutionary. That is, if your character brings a whole new set of gameplay to the field. Or have an absolutely outstanding moveset - for instance if every move has been completly described with damage percentages, hitboxes, frames etc.

...Or, at least, I think.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Bam.

The first post is updated. Anyone who's not entirely sure about how things work here, please read it. If there's anything still unclear or missing, tell me.

And for the record, a bunch of characters were still accepted in posthumously.
They are Captain Crunch, Whismur, Sam Fisher, Winn and Mikelo Chrors... although The Nerd said he didn't want to enter an incomplete character. I'd still like to give him the chance to complete this one, but if he still doesn't want him to participate, I will remove him.

Aaaand I'll get to the new submissions when I next update the first post, kay? ^^;

RWB

Smash Ace
So, I've chosen my 50, and my honorary mentions.

Now to write motivations!

Just to say something to make people happy... here's two characters that's gonna get a vote!

Cromag and Elza the Pumpkin Witch!

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
Do we actually have to make a list or is there going to be a voting button? I'm a little confused :dizzy:

cdilink

Smash Apprentice
My votes:
CD-i Link (because no one will vote on him)
Anonymous
Buzz Lightyear
Scrooge McDuck
Mask Link
Ludwig Van Beethoven
Angry Video Game Nerd
Mario
Mr. Mario Paint
Cursor

Zupa Voat: Viki
I don't care that much about that character, but it sure looks detailed! You're more creative than Sakurai in movesets (he mostly makes **** up)

Fawriel

Smash Master
But mine is both user created AND has huge amounts of detail...D:
Your character is well-written, but compare him to the likes of Cromag, Hiro, Flying Dutchman or others... The competition is strong, and getting recognized as outstanding becomes harder and harder every time someone posts a character, so you'll have to put some serious effort into it in order to stand out.

So, I've chosen my 50, and my honorary mentions.

Now to write motivations!

Just to say something to make people happy... here's two characters that's gonna get a vote!

Cromag and Elza the Pumpkin Witch!
*two thumbs up*

So when does the voting start?
The voting starts about a day ago.

Do we actually have to make a list or is there going to be a voting button? I'm a little confused :dizzy:
A... voting button?
How would I do that?

I guess the plan is to make a list...

fums63

Smash Apprentice
how did the voting start? the only list i've seen has been cdilink's

MetaLord

Smash Cadet
According to relativity, I'm where ever I want to
Don't know if its still viable, but I've added throws to ?????. It's taking me a while to come up with moves based solely on final/secret bosses, so I can't say that I'll finish it in time for voting. Also, ?????'s true name and a picture will be added after I finish the whole moveset.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Don't know if its still viable, but I've added throws to ?????. It's taking me a while to come up with moves based solely on final/secret bosses, so I can't say that I'll finish it in time for voting. Also, ?????'s true name and a picture will be added after I finish the whole moveset.
Good luck with that. You can still finish it till the voting period is over, but the longer you take, the less likely you are to get votes...

how did the voting start? the only list i've seen has been cdilink's

What?

The voting has officially started because the list of candidates is compiled and I announced that the voting started. Well, to be exact, the voting period has started.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Updated Mask Link ( http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3917464&postcount=747 ) and Cursor (http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3926481&postcount=776 ) with:

- better descriptions for some moves
- victory poses
- music
- a "detailed" picture of each stage (*cough*horriblydrawn*cough*)
-a "Creator's Notes" feature after each type of move in which I give advice on how useful a move is/ how to use it
-added info I included in newer characters which I did not add
-and added a Kirby form for each character

I also changed changed Zora Link's Up-B. Fawriel, I tried thinking of ways to incorporate your "swimming in mid-air" gimmick, but this was the most I could do. It would just seem really weird if he was constantly hovering without any means too support himself (the Cursor is an exception, lol) Plus that's mean I'd have to re-write the entire moveset, which would not only take a lot of work that I'd rather spend on other charcters, but it would almost be like I was submitting a new charcter altogether, which wouldn't be very fair, considering it's past the deadline...

I shall do the same with my other 2 character when I have the time.(should be done by tomorrow, doubt that I'll finish tonight) After that, I'll get started on my list of votes.

( And thanks for voting for my characters, guys. ^_^)

RWB

Smash Ace
OK, just for that I'm not voting for your characters!...j/k
But seriously, ninjas FTW.

I gotta get moving on my votes.
^^; Sorry. It was just to say how great the moveset was... since both the Ninjas and the Pirates in the debates are so ridiculously fictional and possesses abilities none of them would for real!

MysticKenji

Smash Master
A few comments.

Ace Lightning
Two of your image links are broken.

Leonidas
Sasuke
Flygon
Aku
Landmaster
Get to work on those damage percentages, slowpoke >_<
(Also, my Mirage Tower and Sasuke FS pics died D=)

Super incomplete

Your dash attack cannot logically be a meteor unless I am misinterpreting it

Celebi/Mew
The text for your Neutral B cuts off

PHIRE ARCEUS IS STILL BROKEN

That is all.

MetaLord

Smash Cadet
According to relativity, I'm where ever I want to
I'm not quite sure who to vote for yet, mostly because I'm still working on my moveset.
And it looks like I'm not going to finish it, due to the complete expenditure of viable franchises with effective final/secret bosses. If someone could offer me an idea I would be truly grateful. This if for ?????, a tentative appellation, who I believe to be my best work yet. (albeit not completely "original")
I suppose you could say that I'm taking requests for representation.

Top Bottom