• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seibrik & Linguini Presents: Brawl Bash! 3/22/08 Pot Size>$500!!!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
(i'll make this all pretty later on)

Alright, This is Seibrik, commin with another Bash, this time its a Brawl! I'm sure you guys know i do pretty alright at hostin, and seein as this is a new game, be prepared for a hell of a tourny. Who'll win? It's anyones game, even yours! (lol)

I'll fix the corny intro later...

Annyyyways, lets go through some runs...

Alright guys, I know this place can be tricky, and I will get the exact adress soon, but I wouldn't exactly trust mapquest if I were you guys. I can give you directions right now that's garunteed not to get you lost.

So basically this place is found on 441, between the main streets of Stirling Road, and Griffen... Those are two exits off of I95, i'll have the exit numbers later. So, easiest thing I can tell you to help you not get lost, though I'm not sure if it's the fastest depending on where your comming from, Go to I95 (south or north respectively) Exit off of Stirling Road and head WEST from 95. When you hit 441 (or state road 7, same street) Make a right. You should now be heading north. The next light you'll see is a street called Seminole Way. The second Street is called Lucky Street. The plaza is on the right in between these two streets.

But to not get lost ever, or miss it, just make a Right onto LUCKY STREET, and there's an entrance to the plaza on the right as soon as u turn, where u will see the infamous "Only hill"

Its suite number 11.... I will get the exact adress for those of you who don't want my perfect directions.

*EDIT*
ADDRESS: 5450 south state road 7 and the zip code 33174

any questions, call me
My Cell: 786 436 5990
My AIM: Seibrik .... duh

DATE: 3/22/08 (A SATURDAY)
TIME: Doors are gonna be open around 10 AM.
11:00AM Doubles Sign ups Start
12:00PM Doubles Begins
Singles will begin no later than 2:30PM
Ending ?

FEES:
$20 dollar door fee!!!!

This basically means 20 dollars will be collected AT THE DOOR, you do not pay this, you do not come in. Now, having said that, only 5 of the 20 will actually be going toward the venue, meanwhile the other 15 will go directly to the pot. One of the first brawl tournies, lets make the pot huge guys.

Also, $20 per team (10 per person).

PRIZES:
Singles: 60/30/10
Doubles: 70/30

General Rules:

3 Stock
7 Minute Time Limit
Final smashes ON..... jay kay, All itmes are gonna be off.
If there is wall bombing... dont stall, same goes to anyone with any possible stalling techniques. If there is any sign of stalling of a match, report to a judge (later to be decided) and if he or she decrees than it will cost in the forfeit of the stock.
IC infinate chain throw is allowed until 250% before it is considered stalling. (if possible?)
You get the ideas with the stalling business. Don't do it.

For Teams: Team attack on... same stuff stated above. Any team infinates are allowed until 250 before considered stalling.

(Tell me if any of you think im leaving something out)

STAGES:

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Luigi's Mansion (Banned until further notice)
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Great Sea (Banned until further notice)
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Skyworld (Banned until further notice)
Green Hill Zone
Coneria
PokeStadium ONE
Jungle Japes
Green Greens

Banned:
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Bridge of Eldin
Rumble Falls
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 2
Port Town
Wario Ware
Distant Planet
New Pork City
The Summit
Pictochat
Shadow Moses Island
Donkey Kong Arcade
Spear Pillar
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Electroplankton

Any opinion in regards to said stages will be taken into cosideration ONLY BEFORE THE TOURNY DATE. Whatever the final list is the day of the tourny, that's the list. If anyone knows of any allowed levels that lag for teams like FoD or Mute City did for melee, let me know please.

NO PERSONS CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE COMPETITION FROM HOME VIA WI-FI

****EDIT****

Alright guys, Great tourny, amazing turnout, very smoothly ran, couldn't have been better.

A total of 44 people entered the singles tourny, making for a total of $660 for the total pot.
First place, Galeon, went home with 387 dollars.
He was a very very happy man.

Here are the FULL results for doubles and singles, as well as full brackets. Enjoy.

SINGLES

1 Galeon - Lucas
2 Ice Kid - Olimar
3 Esam -Pikachu/Samus
4 Danny - Pit
5 Dguy -Lucario
5 Chops -Snake
7 Tommy G -Falco
7 Linguini -Marth
9 Gringo -Ness
9 Seibrik -Kirby/Dedede
9 Andres -Metaknight
9 Shin Chaos -Marth?
13 Chris -Link
13 Equi -Wolf/Rob
13 Gangsta -?
13 Charlie -Marth
17 Black Jinjo -Lucas?
17 Trainbike ?
17 Nicky -MetaKnight
17 NickRiddle -Bowser
17 Joey ?
17 nova ?
17 Z -Olimar
17 Spider Sense -Kirby
25 Peter ?
25 DinB ?
25 Ruuku -Snake?
25 Vijin -Dedede
25 Sasha -Pit
25 Projekt 84 -Toon?
25 Loli -Zelda
25 Emo ?
33 Mike -Luigi
33 The Will ?
33 Steven (Forfeited) ?
33 Doodah -Dedede
33 Matthew ?
33 Kamal ?
33 Dookie ?
33 oriel ?
33 Mykey ?
33 BlackCockMonsters (Forfeited)
33 John Axe ?
33 F ?

If anyone knows the characters of ones im missing, or if i made a mistake, please let me know and I'll update it.

Here's the bracket! And if anyone cant see the names, u might want to copy and save the picture on ur computer, upload it to paint and zoom in on it.

This should be considered for any power rankings discussion, I mean, as far as who played who and got where goes.

DOUBLES
1 Team GrabRest -Danny/Pit and Charlie/Marth
2 Two in the Pink One in the Stink -Vijin/Dedede and Dguy/Lucario
3 Team Work -Galeon/Lucas and Seibrik/Kirby
4 ThunderCougarFalconBird -Chops/Snake and Linguini/Marth
5 Team Asian -Mike/Luigi and Z/Olimar
5 Team Steven -IceKid/Olimar and Projekt 84/Toon?
7 The Nazis -Doodah/Dedede and Sasah/Pit
7 Equivical - Equi/Wolf and Black Jinjo?/?
9 Team Brawl Sucks ?
9 The Almighty Dollar ?
9 Team Ego -Esam/Pikachu and Gringo/Ness

Heres the Bracket

Enjoy.

If theres anythin im missin please let me know!

*VIDS*
*EDIT*
Ummm yea... so only one vid made it out alive.... this being due to its a single match, not a whole set, which my recorder can't seem to handle anymore. However, it IS the final match of the grand finals, so i guess its not SO bad. My appoligies to teams finals, and the rest of the recorded sets....

Well here ya go! Enjoy.
Galeon Vs Ice Kid, Grand Finals Final Match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO8Nc17ZIyk

AND FINALLY

THERE WILL BE ANOTHER brawl bash.
Sometime in the begining of april, wen I have an exact date I'll make a new thread. (Or should I just update this one?) I'll keep you guys posted.

And good **** to everyone, thanks for comming and making the first big florida tourny :D

Oh... and BYOC BIATCHES

Rexx

Smash Journeyman
oh, this is Seibrik btw

sorry for double post, edit wont work

Now this is Rexx editing this post, basically ****bricks an idiot..

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Isn't Electroplankton called something else in this game? You should change it, just because you know there's on ****** who will ask about it. Donkey Kong Arcade is called 75M...Oh, and why isn't Port Town on counterpick? The cars **** you, but they're not really that bad...

snowmann

Smash Cadet
wats up seibrik btw this is nicky. you can put me down as a maybe cause i might come depending on what comes up that day. (I want a rematch against you anyway, i will own you wit my metanight now.)

Icekid

Smash Apprentice
Myself and Projekt84 will be there. I'll see if i can get the day off for singles.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
living legend said he might come back down that weekend if if he does he'd bring nouc and maybe come to the tourny, last i heard. ask nouc, have him post

Linguini

Smash Master
haha people have things and other hobbies to do Lin. lol I didn't know you were in such a hurry to get ***** by me.
most likely you have more free time than me, try playing tennis 4 times a week while taking chemistry honors, calculus,and ap euro, which=massive homework.
I mean, I got brawl and ive played it once for 30 min. that about sums it up.
.facker.

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
well he is a grown man going taking college classes not to mention he's broke asss man so **** outa here try being broke for like 5 months then come back and say some of that **** again.

But then gain he did say other hobbies so he can prolly be useless too doing other useless things

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I got owned. Linguini has the bigger ****. And I didn't know boxing on the weekdays and softball practice on saturdays was useless chops. =( ****...Oh and guys I got a job as an office clerical. Just for a few months though. So I'm not a broke *** mofo anymore. I'll try to make this tourny if practice doesn't drag. One of you guys give me a call on Friday around 8ish if you guys want to play brawl for a bit.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I'm coming to this if I have time. Jin, Disastorm, and Z probably are coming as well. If I do I'll try to bring a TV. Of course I'll advertise at FIU. Also, I'm not allowed to put it up yet but I have a tournament coming up on the 29th at FIU!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Now all we need are some wii's and backups

dont stop now :D

Oh, im also accepting just about any and all MM's if anyone is interested.

I'll make a list of those who want to, and those could be recorded if the competitor wishes :)

BTW, linguini, I'm gonna need you to bring your recorder, unless Doodah comes with mine, but either way bring yours so we'll at least have one, two if we're lucky. You can teach me how to use it and I'll take care of it if you dont wanna worry about it. :)

Top Bottom