• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move! Super Smash Boards Brawl - And the winners are...

Fawriel

Smash Master
You can still vote. Newly submitted movesets will still not take part in the contest, unfortunately. That just... wouldn't work.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I usually make cute/nice characters(not on purpose it just happens) but my next idea is a little more sinister........

Kefka

Some images straight from Final Fantasy 6

A moves

A - Flicks hand forward
AA - Flicks hand forward and slaps downwards
AAA - Flicks hand forward, slaps down and knees foe.

B Moves

B Neutral
Hmm I'm still thinking about this one, the other ideas just came to me but not this one....I guess I'll sleep on it

B Right/left - Random spell
It's random wheater He'll use a thunder, blizzard or fire based attack. Depending on his damage percentage he'll use different strengths of these spells:

0% to 50% - Uses Fire, Thunder or Blizzard
51% to 100% - Uses Fira, Thundara or Blizzara
101% to 200% - Uses Firaga, Thundaga or Blizzaga
200% upwards - Ultima (I'm not even sure if he uses this in the game)

Fire based attacks will give foes a burn, the stronger the spell the longer the burn will last
Thunder based attacks will stun foes as if they had broken thier shield, the stronger the spell the longer the stun will last
Blizzard based attacks will freeze foes and again the strong the spell the longer they will be frozen.
Ultima isn't as devastating as it is in the final fantasy games. It does medium damage and slows foes movement speed.

B Down - Excited Stamp
Laughs and begins stamping his feet on the ground rapidly(and I mean REALLY fast). Any foe caught near Kefka will either:

1. Get stuck under Kefka's feet, theres no knockback but the damage you can get from the attack is very large.

2. Take low damage from the attack but has very high knockback.

B up - Reach for power
We all know(or maybe we don't.....check wikipedia) how much Kefka lusts for power. Which is why I always get this image of Kefka flying upwards reaching for something and I'm putting that into this move.

Kefka puts his right hand reaching upwards and soars upwards in an arc like movement. Sometimes Kefka will find what he's looking for....in the shape of a white glowing ball. When he grabs this(which appears on the path he takes when soaring upwards) he throws it down below him and the ball explodes causing medium damage and all characters caught will be stunned for a very short amount of time.

Grabs

Grab A - Finger Jab
Jabs one of his fingers into the foe. (Thats it really)

Grab up - You don't come down
Throws foe into the air, makes his hands flat and then when the foe comes back down he moves his hands up and down really fast.(He makes his hands.....like if you placed your hand flat on a desk then held it above your head in the same position)

Grab right/Left - Shock n Run
Puts on a shocked expression and pushes foe away. His expression changes to his default look(evil) and runs forward to knee the foe.

Grab Down -Meet the Ground
Presses foe against the ground and begans to headbutt them rapidly.

Final Smash - Magicite Storm
Kefka throws back his head and laughs. Suddenly a large amount of Magicite surrounds him on screen, then the magicite moves away from him and he jumps into an imperial magictic armor and it runs off the stage. Theres one other magitek armour for another character to escape. The magicite then begins the line itself along the sides of the screen (like a frame) and they tunr into various espers (shiva, ifrit, ramuh etc) and basically they begin shooting flames, ice, thunder all over the stage and there is no escape for the other two characters still on the stage.

Overall this attack does about 50-60% damage

Magicite

Imperial Magitek armour

Taunts

Up Taunt
Throws head back and laughs(look for a video about kefka on youtube, chances are you'll hear his laugh)

Right/Left Taunt
Points finger forward(while waving it a bit, like when edgeworth from ace attorney waggles his finger when he's pointing) and Says "Enee meanie minie moe which one should I hurt the most?

Down Taunt
Swipes arm forward and says "Run Away!! Run away!! It's your only hope" and laughs.

Losing Pose
You didn't think he'd clap would you? Instead he can be seen in the backround banging his head on the ground.

Victory Poses

Victory pose 1
Smiles evily and says "My victory was obvious from the very Begining"

Victory Pose 2
Laughs and a dark aura of magic surrounds him flinging the clapping losers into the distance.

Victory Pose 3
Presses face up against the screen and screams "Feeling the pressure!!?"

Stage - Doma Castle
In front of the castle(It's quite a basic castle, think of any castle you know and you're halfway there), there are five platforms, they are positioned in a triangle direction like this:

Just turn the picture upside down and you have the positioning of the platforms on Doma Castle.

The stage is on solid ground, they're just extra platforms. Between the castle and the battlefield is a river.(It surrounds the battlefield too). At the start of the battle the river is a crystal blue colour but after 1 minute the water turns purple and touching it will damage your character. In the background(but in front of the castle which is in the background you can see soldiers falling over after drinking the water. (Yes it's quite a depressing sight)

Music playing on Doma Castle Stage

Boss Battle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2SQwGog27Q

Kefka's Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmmZyTwVVqY (not sure what it sounds like because videos don't work for me on youtube anymore....but I'll trust the title)

Celes's Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3vcEd1PRb8 (Again I'm hoping this is the right one, I'll check on my wii internet channel later, if it's the right one you should hear a more calming more sad song then the previous two)

Assist Trophys

Moogles & Chocobos

A large crowd of moogles and chocobos stampede across the screen. Moogles latch on to any foe to come in contact with and keep attacking till they're flung off.(like pikmin) The chocobos simply stampede back and forth across the stage a few times.

Relm

Relm runs to the nearest foe and begins painting a picture of that character. When she is finished a completly white copy of that character appears to fight by your side. The copy character has about 50hp so they won't last forever in battle.

Shadow

Shadows a Ninja....so it's only natural he throws shruikens. He'll run back and forth across the stage(Very ninja-like running) throwing shruikens in random directions. A shruiken actually does more damage if it just nips the foe instead of hitting them fully. But if a shruiken does make direct contact it will have less damage but higher knockback.

As you can probably guess I'm playing Final Fantasy 6 at the moment and Kefka stood out as an interesting character to make.

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
FLUDD: Flash Liquidizer Ultra Dousing Device​

We already have one robot with an acronym for a name, why not two!

~Miscellaneous~
Basic Info: He uses his handles like arms or legs depending on what he's doing, and he‘s a heavy but small character. He has three classifications for his water streams. Light ( As seen in his Down Tilt), Normal, (As seen in his Neutral Special), and Heavy (As seen in his throws) Also, his jump causes him to move forward slightly due to the way he does it, which is basically pushing forward and up with his handles.

Stats:
Size: ** Look at how big he is compared to Mario!
Weight: *** He's heavy for his size (after all, he is made of metal), but he's very small.
Power: *** A lot of his attacks don't do any damage, and ones that do damage are only a little stronger than average.
Speed: **** Keeping his weight description in mind, he's a fast runner due to experience and skill. Since he's not usually a fighter, you can imagine he's done a lot of running, we just haven't seen it.
Jump: ** His handles work well as legs for running, but since there are no knees he can't jump very well.
Fall Speed: *** He falls at a pretty average speed due to his weight.

Neutral A Combo: He whacks his opponent with his nozzle in a downward motion. Unlike most (if not all) characters, this move is the same whether you hold the a button down or press it repeatedly. It does about 2% damage per hit.

Dashing Attack: He places his nozzle flat on he ground, which makes him flip over and land on his back. It send opponents flying away diagonally. It does good knock back but only about 6% damage.

Push The Attack Button After Being knocked down to get back up: He pulls himself up with his handles and spins his body around. The only way I can describe the attack is, think about the flipper item from Melee.

Push The Attack Button While hanging off a ledge to get back up: He pulls himself up with his handles and does a pelvic thrust (sort of...) onto the stage and lands on his back.

~Tilts~
Up Tilt: He swipes his nozzle through the air backwards. It mostly knocks opponents behind him, but it also knocks them into the air a little bit. The small amount of damage and knock back make it a pretty poor move.

Side Tilt: He falls over onto his opponent, knocking opponents into the air and slightly in front of him. Does average damage.

Down Tilt: He aims his nozzle towards the ground and creates a small stream that works like piplup’s attack, except it’s not as strong and he doesn’t move during it. It’s easily avoidable and escapable, making it bad for 1 on 1 matches, but it works well for free for alls on small stages. No damage.

~Smashes~
Up Smash: He charges a powerful burst of water that’s small on size but big on damage and knock back. Does about 12% Damage.

Side Smash: His Up Smash in another direction.

Down Smash: He faces the screen and bends over, pointing his nozzle at the ground. He releases another powerful burst on water and shoots it downward like an upside down fountain. It pushes his opponents away on either side of him. If his torso hits an opponent it works like a meteor smash, except upward, thus not as effective.

~Specials~
Neutral Special: Water Pump- Mario’s Down Special, but it lasts longer and can be aimed like the Cracker Launcher. No damage.

Up Special: Hover Nozzle- Another “floaty” recovery like R.O.B’s or Snake’s. Contact with FLUDD himself causes damage, the water just pushes them down.

Side Special: Turbo Nozzle- He speeds off to the side extremely fast. Contact with FLUDD himself causes damage, the water just pushes them backwards.

Down Special: Rocket Nozzle- He shoots straight up twice as far as the “Fire Fox“ attack.

Final Smash: Great Flood!- He jumps high into the air and floods the entire stage. (Unless it's a giant stage like Temple or New Pork City, then it will only cover part of it.) If it's done over a hole (I.e, Yoshi's Island), he'll pull a Wolf Fail. Also, if it's in a closed area were it can't drain out anywhere, it becomes a water area like in Delfino Island or the Pirate Ship. However, if someone swims for to long and drowns they just fall to the first platform they come in contact with.

~Aerials~
Uair: He does a back flip. Essentially the same as a circle kick.

Bair: Falls backwards. If the spike on the back of his nozzle hits his opponent, it does a spike! (Zing) Does 14% damage.

Nair: He spins around surrounding himself with water. Think about Kirby's Nair.

Fair: He does a front flip like in his Dashing Attack. It can Meteor Smash. Does 8% Damage.

Dair: He strikes his opponent with his torso. It works like certain character’s stomping Dairs. Again, it can meteor smash. Does 10% damage.

~Grab/Grab Attack/Throws~
Grab: He latches onto his opponents back like they’re wearing him.

Grab Attack: He whacks them in the head with his nozzle. It's pretty much the same as his Neutral A Combo, so it does about 2% damage.

Up Throw: He pushes his opponent upward with a heavy water stream. No damage.

Back Throw: He aims his nozzle at his opponents feet and shoots a heavy stream of water, making them fall on their back.

Forward Throw: He pushes his opponent forward with a heavy water stream. No damage.

Down Throw: He shoots a heavy water stream at the ground propelling himself into the air. Works really well near edges. No damage.

~Non-Attack Moves~
Entrance: The Mario pipe rises from the ground and Mario jumps out wearing FLUDD. He takes him off and does a triple jump off the stage, leaving FLUDD alone ready to kick some ***.

Up Taunt: Shoots out a cascading fountain.

Side Taunt: Faces the screen and says “Mario” in his own weird way.

Down Taunt: Does a head stand on his nozzle.

Victory Pose: Levitates slightly above ground with the hover nozzle.

I just wish this could still get voted on…

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Sorry for those who don't have comments... I ran out of time and have tons to do for a few days. I may edit some in later...

1 - Malandros Nyclo
2 - the Phantom of the Opera

Had to get my own characters out of the way.

3 - ??????
This super powered final boss was fun to read and interesting to think

about.

4 - A Mage Girl
When it comes to magic, elemental baseses are my favorite kind. I once

made a D&D character who eventually had a mastery of several elements. He had a

land speed, an air speed, a crawl speed, a swim speed, and a burrow speed in

addition to his powers. It was pretty awesome. You should go to babynames.com

and look up names that have something to do with elements.

5 - Anthony Kiedis
Frankly, if my bf found out I didn't vote for him, I'd be on the street.

*laugh* I like the band too, but am not as fluent in knowledge of their music.

6 - Al Gore
This wouldn't be complete without the inventer of the internet, now

would it? *laugh*

7 - Comrade Canada
Very interesting moveset, I found myself wishing there was an actual

game with characters like these. This guy vs. someone like CDi Link would rock.

8 - Celebi and Mew
Two extremely cute Pokemon, with a cute moveset. Certainly worth a

vote.

9 - Chiyo Chan and Osaka
I LOVE Azumanga Daioh. I about died from cuteness overload at this. =p

heh heh.

10 - Don Quixote
11 - Dean
12 - Etherream
13 - Elza
14 - Firefox
15 - Flying Dutchman
16 - Fuego
17 - Furret
18 - Farthing Fox
19 - Friedrich Nietzsche
20 - Ghenghis Khan
21 - Hiro
22 - Homestar Runner
23 - Joker
24 - King Ganonidas Boss
25 - King Leonidus
26 - Kurai Oscuro
27 - Kelsi Nielsen
28 - LANDMASTER
29 - Luggage
30 - Les Stroud
31 - Mask Link
32 - Miku
33 - Mario
34 - Metapod and Kakuna
35 - Mr. Mario Paint
36 - Nog
37 - Sailor Moon
38 - The Sailsman
39 - Winn
40 - Bill Cosby & Squirtle

*SUPER VOTES*
41 - Angry Video Game Nerd - By far one of the most amusing movesets. I love

how his carious reviewed games are worked into his moveset. My personal favorite

is the side special move. The costumes are also greatly amusing. Needed more

Ninja Turtles references, but was made of win anyways.

42 - Anonymous
As a current support of Anonymous and the war against Scientology, I

found this moveset to be both entertaining, and fitting. I liked the message board

references as well as all the special moves. I truly believe that if anonymous didn't

make it to the final roster, we'd be missing a very colorful character.

43 - CDi Link
I about died from laughter upon reading this submission. I was thinking

as I read it, "the only thing that would make this better is if he could SOMEHOW

work the link from the cartoon into it as well" And then I read your alternate

costumes. I can honestly say that I can't wait to bomb some Dodongos either! CDi

Link fo Smash Boards Brawl!

44 - Cthulhu
Cthulhu is trully an amazing character, thats all that really needs to be

said, however your interpretation of him as a Smash brothers character is

extremely creative and interesting. I loved how you use quotes from Lovecraft to

help paint a picture of him. He's creepy and your moveset truly captures that fact.

This just wouldn't be a complete "game" without an Elder God, and Cthulhu is the

perfect candidate. This is by far one of my most favorite presented movesets. May I

suggest Santa hat Cthulhu for alt costume? =p

45 - Cursor
I laughed so hard when I saw this character. It was truly an ingenious

submission. I loved every one of it's moves, especially the up aerial poke, and the

side B highlight. I do however, have one suggestion. The way the momentum air

dodge works in brawl it'd not be possible to air dodge backwards on to the

platform. However, the way characters can grab ledges even with their backs

turned to them would mean that cursor probably wouldn't fall to his death, but

grab onto his highlights edge. He could probably even up b onto it. Just a

suggestion based on Brawl physics. ^_^

46 - Ludwig Von Beethoven
Ludwig has always been one of my most favorite musicians. I learned to

play the piano from a young age, and his Moonlight was my mother's favorite song

for me to play. I like how you captured him in the moveset, and also made

reference to many of his songs. I have this image in my head of Ludwig fighting

the Phantom of the Opera. It's really cool.

47 - Fawriel
Fawriel, you started it all, set the bar and an example of what to shoot

for when making our characters. Descriptive, interesting and fun. Your personality

is told through your moveset in a way, trully impressive. I've always enjoyed

fantasy writing, and your submission really was one of my favorites.

48 - Scrooge McDuck
I used to watch Duck cartoons when I was younger, and I loved them.

Seeing this character and how you pull from so much of his history really

impresses me. As I read through it I was filled with almost a sense of nostalgia. I

wish I could explain it better. =)

49 - Somasu
I remember talking to you on AIM as you made this character, and was

there as he started forming in your head. Being there for his creation adds even

more of a sense of kinship, I suppose. I dont' really know how to explain it. I like

the good guy feel, and I like the technology you use. His story is fun and

interesting and is certainly a character I'd want to see if this game were real.

50 - Viki
Suikoden... is my all time favorite series. And Viki is my favorite

character from the series. I can't express how great she is in words, but I will say

you perfectly captured her. I found her to be my favorite reocurring character in the

whole series, and ever chance I could use her in my team I would. This is one

teleport mistress That deserves this spot more than anyone.

omega_ridley_X

Smash Apprentice
The fiery pits of Norfair, home of RIDLEY!!!
4 - A Mage Girl
When it comes to magic, elemental baseses are my favorite kind. I once

made a D&D character who eventually had a mastery of several elements. He had a

land speed, an air speed, a crawl speed, a swim speed, and a burrow speed in

addition to his powers. It was pretty awesome. You should go to babynames.com

and look up names that have something to do with elements.
thanks, i'll take your advice.
its also nice to see that you voted for all three of my movesets :)

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Well, I figured it was time for the nitty-gritty, and got down to compiling a list of votes. I decided that even if it was a competition with 50 spaces, I would put the number Brawl had. 35. Now, without further ado, I will vote.

Regular Votes:

Edward Elric: The detail of this moveset impressed me, I loved the anime series, and overall, although I might have done something different it worked well.

Conan: The sheer detail and thought, as well as the stuff from that show stuffed into his moveset made me smile. It was also very fun to read, which ironically enough, gives points from me. For those that don't know, it's ironic because most of my characters are text walls.

Roy Mustang: Another excellent character, and I really loved the creative use of his fire. Instead of just using it for specials, he used it extremely well, while keeping fresh. It's what I wish Sonic had done with his spin dash, but alas, we cannot have everything.

Taga: What really impressed me is the style of this moveset, as well as the animations and overall his specials. I thought they were cool, and he was one of the first movesets I read that got me interested in the whole thing. Needed a vote.

Bill Brasky: Yeah, I'm voting for him. I loved how nearly all of his moves were supported by a quote, making it seem like everything had been planned out perfectly. It's also so stylized, something I only wish I could achieve.

Chatu Ranga: I love Chess. Overall I play a lot of board games, but chess is my favourite. And **** this moveset... It's like reading a chess piece got in. It is simply awesome in style and creativity.

Feraligatr: The thing that caught my eye about this moveset is that it sticks to what Feraligatr can do, keeping his strong feel, while making him extremely playable. Well done. My only complaint is that the Final Smash is such an obvious rip-off of Pokemon Trainer. But everything else was great.

Keramon: Ah, the first character I made that I'll vote for. I already passed up the Joker and Yoda, although I think they are both great characters. The thing is, the Joker and Yoda represent when I was first learning how to write movesets, and so are just preliminaries to my other creations. I'm sad to see Keramon receive so little love, because I worked quite hard on him, and thought that he was one of the best characters I made. However, I won't go on about him, mainly because he's my own character.

Malandros Nyclo: This character is very cool, and stylistically had me hooked immediately. His werewolf form reminds me of sheik, obviously better than his other form. However, I'm not entirely certain if he was overpowered, so I decided much like Sakurai, to throw it in and see if it was over-powered or not. Other than that, I love this character. The detail, the style, the somewhat uniqueness and obvious extra work of a two-characters-in-one, won me over.

Rythe: Ah, this character. I worked hard on this character, and I'm glad to see him get some votes. At the people who said 'he's like a better evolution of scyther' I respond 'that was the original inspiration, when I created him so long ago.' Cool eh? Glad people like him.

Light: This was a cool character, and one that I could never have come up with myself. The unique ideas and takes on the abilities that character possesses to make a viable moveset is commendable, and thus is on the list. Well done indeed.

Billy Hatcher: This one gets in off pure detail. I can envision all of his moves clearly when I read them. That, and that alone is why they're in. Besides, I like the character. But mostly it's the detail.

Celebi&Mew: This is another really cool moveset, and I enjoyed how it held an Ice Climber-esque feel while remaining completely original. Amazing, and well done.

Aves: This is a seriously awesome character. I love this character. Also, I like some on the unique attacks and tilts he uses, it is quite well done. Overall it was a solid, brilliant submission.

Cena: I was sold on the backstory, and the moveset only helped. Still, all I remember is a great backstory.

Fawriel: I laugh every time I read this guy's moveset. It is awesome. From sheer awesomeness does this guy get a vote. Besides, he's kind of like Mario. He started the whole thing, so he needs a spot in the roster.

Luggage: First of all, I read Discworld. I love Discworld. In retrospect, I wish I had thought of a Discworld character, although I couldn't make a good one. So I'm hugely biased, but I think it's great. The entire character works well for what you had to work with, and it's a cool concept, making a character work no matter what in Brawl. Well done.

Ludwig Von Beethoven: I'm going to quote Fawriel on this one; I knew someone was going to submit Ludwig Von Beethoven for major character points. I didn't imagine it would be such a well thought out moveset, however. It sums everything about Ludwig Von Beethoven up, and inspired me to go beyond what I already had. Needed a vote.

Cyberjunkie: I know this guy. I never played his game, but I know him, because I'm a nerd. Every single one of his moves struck a chord. I love this character, and only my desire for lack of bias has stopped me from giving it a super-vote. That's all.

Angry Videogame Nerd: Was there any doubt I'd vote for this? I dunno, I thought it was pretty good myself. Not much to say, except it is funny, and if you've ever watched him, you'll want to read at least some of this. Even if you just skim it.

Flying Dutchman: When this was first posted, I looked at it and said to myself 'way too long to bother reading'. I regret thinking that, because when I read it to judge it, I enjoyed it. A lot. It is awesome. Nothing needs to be said.

Tale Team: I'm throwing them in for sheer incredible description, and three characters in one. Seeing how badly I did making two characters in one, I can't imagine how long or how much work was put into this. Kudos, and well done.

Warner Bros: Same as above. You guys are great. My only complaint is that it is somewhat short and two of the Warner Bros are missing aerials, unless I read incorrectly. Still, incredible.

Yahtzee: I love this guys reviews, and reading reminds me of creating the AVGN, stuffing it full of stuff from his stuff. Yahtzee is much the same, and makes me smile. Great.

Metapod & Kakuna: When I first read the name of this submission, I said to myself 'you can't be serious. If they pull it off, I'll give them a vote.' So here's your vote. **** good job.

Nog: I laughed for a couple minutes the first time I read this moveset. It also works incredibly well. I have some ethical compunctions about voting for it, mainly on how it isn't a character, but then I think 'neither is R.O.B.' So Nog is in.

Porkman: I love everything about this character. The illustrations are good, the style is good, and the whole thing just appeals to me. Well done. It jumped out at me, and then proceeded to keep my attention until now.

So, those who are good at counting will note that even though I said 35, I've only listed 27 characters. Next post I'll give out some super-votes, and some characters that for whatever reason, didn't make the 35 but I thought were still notable.

RWB

Smash Ace
Yay, a vote for the Tale Team. They were propably the character(s) that took the most work(well... Hugo and Scrooge can put up a challenge), and I really like the characters themselves, so I'm very happy when they get votes.

However, unlike their fellow Disney character Scrooge, it seems they're pretty much out and gone...

cdilink

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, here's a model of CD-i Link I made for other project... It's crappy, unrealistic, but he's not supposed to be, huh? (The arms and colours are ****ed up. Also, I actually gave him white sword from original Zelda.)

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I know what you mean. I worked on Keramon, but I don't think anyone has voted for him. Ah well, such is life.

Now, to business. The Super-votes and runner-ups. Both of these have stricter criteria than the regular votes. I'll start off with the runner-ups.

The runner-up's criteria was simple; they had to be good enough to vote for, but had to have one huge quality that just wouldn't let me vote for them.

Ike: Unfinished. I loved reading this guy's moveset, and was so sad when I realized that he wasn't finished. Still, I can't vote for a character that obviously isn't finished.

Crash by Moon/Sun: Stupidly hard to read. It had a lot of good info, but the layout was so bad that I couldn't help but skim it and wish I didn't have to read it. Otherwise worthy of a vote, considering the tiny details added. But too hard to read.

Mikelo Chrors: Once again, unfinished. Not much more needs to be said here.

Mask Link: This character... I love this character, and probably would have given him a Super-Vote if I didn't have two problems with him. First of all, he was supported for a character for Brawl. There was an actual thread. So it doesn't seem right in the spirit of the competition to actually have a character that has a form in Brawl to make it. The other problem is that he's not quite balanced. Goron and Deku link are balanced, but I'd say Zora Link was a tad over-powered, having no glaring flaws and tons of strengths. He also has a projectile reflector and a useful long range attack, as well as being strong up close. Still, amazing overall. I just can't bring myself to decide on what to give him, so I'm sticking to the rule that it has to be a character that never had a chance, and he did have a chance in Melee...

CD i Link: Again, another Link. While fun to read, it wasn't worth more than a regular vote by my criteria, and then is still Link, no matter how you slice it. Still, worth mentioning.

?????: Another one that pains me to be put here, but the entire point of the character is that they're hideously unbalanced. The rules pretty much say that the characters should be balanced, so while I love this character (even helped with one or two of the attacks) I can't give him a proper vote. Still, awesome character. I just try too hard to balance my own to vote for one so unbalanced.

cdilink

Smash Apprentice
Thank you again! So how long do we have to send in all of our votes and such? Is there a definite deadline or have we pushed it back again?
Nobody cares anymore since everyone from America has Brawl... So I still care.

Fawriel

Smash Master
What is this? A sign of life? In his own thread? UNHEARD OF!

Okay, so.
Today's the last day of vacations. Starting tomorrow I'll have to choose stuff for university, then there's some time for stuff, then university really starts.
I'll use that time for stuff to actually finish Ike ( in fact, I'm going to do that tomorrow, seriously! ) and cast votes and stuff...

Deadline should be the 1st of April. Sound good?

How could we miss this one?! Good old Kefka.
You did a good job! I really enjoyed some parts of the moveset... for instance, his jab combo is brutally fitting. "Slap slap KILL!"
The best part was, of course, the winning pose, losing pose and taunt section. It's a pity you couldn't enter him for the competition...

FLUDD: Flash Liquidizer Ultra Dousing Device​
You is crazy. I guess you really CAN get any sort of character to work... o_o

47 - Fawriel
Fawriel, you started it all, set the bar and an example of what to shoot

for when making our characters. Descriptive, interesting and fun. Your personality

is told through your moveset in a way, trully impressive. I've always enjoyed

fantasy writing, and your submission really was one of my favorites.
Thank yooouuu. ... But don't forget to keep a spot open for Ike!
*ahem*

Hey guys, here's a model of CD-i Link I made for other project... It's crappy, unrealistic, but he's not supposed to be, huh? (The arms and colours are ****ed up. Also, I actually gave him white sword from original Zelda.)
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6066/cdish6.jpg
Would it count as a compliment if I said that you did him justice?

Ike: Unfinished. I loved reading this guy's moveset, and was so sad when I realized that he wasn't finished. Still, I can't vote for a character that obviously isn't finished.
*insert blatant advertisement for Ike here*

Hmmm... I don't see why you only vote for 35 characters, though. I'd count it as an act of great honor, but I can't figure out what the honor would be about in this case. It's already hard enough to choose 50... I might have a vote left for Keramon, because he's pretty interesting, but I can't promise anything.....

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
**** ME SIDEWAYS!!!!!!!!!!
AGGHHHHH
I was going to surprise everyone, I had written up about 3-4 lines and a review of EVERY character. But my computer shorted out and I lost the file D*: I am sooooo mad right now....
AGGGHHHH
I'll just try and remember who I gave votes to....

PS AGGGHGGGGGGHGHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGgggg

killbeast301

Smash Lord
AGGHHHHH
I was going to surprise everyone, I had written up about 3-4 lines and a review of EVERY character. But my computer shorted out and I lost the file D*: I am sooooo mad right now....
AGGGHHHH

Ouch... that sucks.

I can help rejog your memory, you gave a vote to Edward Elric.
I remember that because you posted part of your list, and I remember my character had a vote. No, really, he did.

quatripain

Smash Journeyman
hey fairwell can you make quatripain on the first page?
thanx in advance your the best!

quatripain

Smash Journeyman
full for que pain

QUATRIPAIN

(smash attacks)
side-big punch-does 2-3 damage normally and 7-11 charged
up-uppercut-does 6 damage always,makes a small jump,knockback depends on charge or not
down-luigis taunt but it does 3-4 when not charged and 6-8 when charged

(combos)
A+A+A+A^=epic punch punch punch uppercut does 13 damage
A+A=punch -2 damage
A+A+A=jab jab PUNCH!-6 damage and good knockback

(air)
up-uppercut-good vertical recovery about 6-7 damage and cant be used if you used your up special
down-falcos what more can i say?
back-boot to the head-toon links with a foot
nuetral-small punch on air-3-4 damage
side-big punch on air-7-10 damage

(special)
nuetral-plazma whip-like zamuses but slower and more powerful 16-20 damage
side-star throw-throws 10 stars rapidly bout 10 damage
up-fly-think robs up marios meele down and falcos up combined-its a harder to control but longer(7 secs)and does a spin attack(5-8 damage)
down-earthquake-a small area around him is shaking?does 1-2 damage each sec.,decent knockback,and is good for psuedo spiking
final smash-elite haxor skillz-the screen goes to char select,you and your team get to choose one of the players not included,you play as them untill the match is over

(taunts and entrance)
up-picks up his scouter and says-ITS OVER 9000!
down-does a belly flop
side-show me your moves
entrance-he looks like a fly star from kirby air ride and his AT voltron rides on him and jumps off

(stage)
delfino plaza.....in sapce

(items)
n.e.s.-people play it when you throw it at them(like sleeping)
AT-voltron,take samus(not zamus but samus)make her a full on man robot and there he is
he uses a HUGE charge shot that does 30 damage,no knockback though

(victory)
1-does the thriller boy(soulja boy then he gets confused and does thriller
2-says -omgomg i won thanks mom!
3-does a rubix cube,gets conused(phailes)and sleeps
music-get bucked up in here!

J_Puff

Smash Rookie
Attention voters! :D

Please take a look at my Whismur moveset, I have changed it up a bit. :) I'd really appreciate it if you looked at it, because I really put A LOT of work into it, more than I should've...XD

So, just a heads-up. He's in the cute category on the first page, or on Page 25 of this thread. :) THANKS!!!

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's time for my super votes, I think. These characters are the ones that seriously impressed me in one way or another, and most of them did something I thought was unique, or done in such a way that sets them clearly apart from other characters. Well... here it is.

Anonymous: Wow. This guy reaches into my pathetic, internet-entwined soul and says; this is you. It's also everyone else you talk to. Don't you feel good for talking to them? The very idea of fighting with Anonymous makes me warm and fuzzy inside. He's just so... good. Of his moves, I love the Upsmash. Sticky is an awesome concept. Also, IMA FIRIN MA LAZOR! Is pretty good. Nair also made me chuckle, I must admit. I like how he has some things that Falcon should, like the Sakurai Punch and Dynamic Entry. Overall this character makes me smile. I have one problem with it - not enough references. There are no Owls or All your base references to be found in the entire moveset! Still, overall cool.

Buddy: This character... I could go on and on and on about this character, and how I love this character, and seeing as I have to make this super vote count, I will. Okay, first of all Buddy's moveset. It has it's own unique flair, and some of the moves are quite cool. However, what sold me is the relationship between Buddy and Kid. The concept behind how their pairing works is unique and much more interesting than the average partnership. His moves also make me smile, everything about the Kid is great. Really, he's what sold me on the moveset.

Cromag: Yes. Everything about this character is amazing. The entire concept of using the metal that grows over time worked incredibly well. However, there were some other moves that are worth noting. Forward Tilt is awesome stylistically, and works very well. Down Aerial's unique consequence for using it makes it very cool in my eyes, and the standard B is awesome. All of his specials are amazing actually, and once again, the concept of metal is awesome. It makes him so unique and shiny. And he's a heavy-weight that works. That's pretty cool.

Well, three down. I still have more to post, but for now I must depart. Look forward to some more soon!

Fawriel

Smash Master
AGGHHHHH
AGGGHHHH

*hugs* I'm sorry.

when can we vote on this?
A few weeks ago and until the first of April. So, like, hurry up!

hey fairwell can you make quatripain on the first page?
thanx in advance your the best!
It's.... Fawriel. Faw-ri-el.
I'll update the thread with new characters soon.

Attention voters! :D

Please take a look at my Whismur moveset, I have changed it up a bit. :) I'd really appreciate it if you looked at it, because I really put A LOT of work into it, more than I should've...XD

So, just a heads-up. He's in the cute category on the first page, or on Page 25 of this thread. :) THANKS!!!
In fact, it's right here: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3512888&postcount=363

He doesn't seem to have a recovery move, you know.

Anonymous: Wow. This guy reaches into my pathetic, internet-entwined soul and says; this is you. It's also everyone else you talk to. Don't you feel good for talking to them? The very idea of fighting with Anonymous makes me warm and fuzzy inside. He's just so... good. Of his moves, I love the Upsmash. Sticky is an awesome concept. Also, IMA FIRIN MA LAZOR! Is pretty good. Nair also made me chuckle, I must admit. I like how he has some things that Falcon should, like the Sakurai Punch and Dynamic Entry. Overall this character makes me smile. I have one problem with it - not enough references. There are no Owls or All your base references to be found in the entire moveset! Still, overall cool.
I kind stopped counting votes somewhere in the middle, but I think Anonymous has the most votes of all. Whew.

I don't read anything.

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!
Yaaaaay.

J_Puff

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I know he doesn't really have a recovery move, but he COULD use Stomp as one. It could work like Dedede's Super Dedede Jump. :)

J_Puff

Smash Rookie
He has two jumps.

And I fixed the Stomp thing. :) Made it his B^ and changed Uproar to BDown. Hope that helps.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
I'll be adding a new moveset shortly. I had been wanting to do this guy while the competition was still on, but he was exceedingly tough to write, so I just made a project out of it. Now he's mostly done, and it'd be a waste if I didn't post it. So, incoming.

RWB

Smash Ace
I have quite a bunch of Ideas upcoming too. just have to finish a couple of school works before I can put my energy into it.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
"Weird Al" Yankovic

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*​

Description
Weird Al. Some love him, some hate him, and some think he's just plain weird. He stands a bit taller than Mario and appears here in his modern form, as seen below, sporting a Hawaiian t-shirt and black pants. In addition, he fights like no other character, drawing all of his attacks from his many, many parody songs. The name of each attack is also a link to the song or music video in question.

Wikipedia Reference

Notes

Al may seem pretty scrawny, but he's actually a middleweight bordering on heavyweight. You can't eat as much as Al has over the years without putting on a few pounds. He has a few quick attacks, but the majority are on the slow and powerful side, and a couple are quite difficult to connect with, but when they do hit it's with devastating force. This slowness doesn't necessarily translate into predictability, however. This is Weird Al we're talking about, after all. The vast majority of his attacks make use of weapons and/or accoutrements which he did not have in his possession when he started the attack, and in this way he's most like a 3D Mr. Game & Watch. His attacks all vary widely in range, power and effect, so he's difficult to master, but in skilled hands Weird Al is a true force to be reckoned with.

A Attacks

A: Amish Paradise Combo

Al is suddenly wearing a black, wide-brimmed hat! And a beard! His opponents don't have time to worry about this turn of events, however, because he's also swinging a rather thick copy of the Bible at them.

AA: Amish Paradise Combo

Al follows through with the first swing and tosses the Good Book behind him. Now in his hands appears, as if from thin air, a large wall-mounted antique telephone! He reverses his swing and clobbers his enemies with it. For every opponent it connects with, it sprays a plume of dust into the air!

AAA: Amish Paradise Combo

At the finish of his second swing, Al tosses the telephone backwards as well. He leans back and raises both hands in the air, and a wooden butter churn materializes between them! He slams it down before him and proceeds to churn some butter. Enemies hit by the churn in its descent are sent flying, but the act of churning itself causes multiple weak hits.

Dash A: Fat

Al's waistline is expanding! He's now literally too much man for you to take! He points forward, yells "HO!!!" and runs until he gets tired, which is fairly quickly. Enemies who get caught in his path while he's moving forward are mowed under his colossal bulk.

> Tilt A: I Love Rocky Road

Al thrusts a triple scoop ice cream cone out in front of him. It's a weak attack, but has a chance to freeze anyone it contacts. As for the flavor, there is after all only one good enough for Al.

^ Tilt A: Spy Hard

Al throws his head back and holds a note. Really holds it. What is he saying? Spy HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR... We'll never know how it ends. His head explodes. But he's ok, a new head appears right away. This tilt is on the same level of power as Ganondorf's ^ tilt, and it takes just as long to wind up. The explosion has a medium sized area of effect.

V Tilt A: I Lost on Jeopardy

Al suddenly looks tense! A Jeopardy podium erupts out of the ground at his feet. He repeatedly hits the buzzer, but it's no good, the darn thing seems to be broken. People hit by the podium as it emerges are sent flying, but Al's flailing arms cause several weak hits, giving him some measure of protection as he recovers from the move.

> Smash A: It's All About the Pentiums

Meet Al online and you know that he'll beat you. If he ever meets you he'll Ctrl-Alt-Delete you! Al leans on one knee and jabs forward with the three-finger salute. This is his most powerful smash attack.

^ Smash A: Dare to be Stupid

Al makes a mountain out of a molehill! He raises his fist in the air and gets a very serious look on his face as a mound of earth rapidly grows beneath him. Only enemies hit by his arm or fist are sent flying. Charging this attack causes the mound to grow bigger, increasing its range.

V Smash A: White and Nerdy

Al wants to roll with the gangsters, but he's just too white and nerdy. He whips a Segway scooter out of nowhere and pops a donut in it, swerving first one way, then the other. Opponents are hurt and thrown if they touch the wheels, whose rims are quite stationary.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral A: This is the Life

Al knows there is a time and a place for everything, but when you're living this high on the hog, who doesn't have time for a bubble bath? Al finds himself reclining in a metal, legged bathtub full of sudsy water (and one rubber duckie floating on a silver platter). Only opponents who meet it on its way down are hurt; Al is still vulnerable from above.

> Tilt A: Living With a Hernia

Al announces, with emphatic hand gestures, "OW!!! I feel bad!" as he doubles up and falls forward. The careful observer will note his hairstyle has changed. Whose hair is that?

< Tilt A: Money for Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies

It appears as if we ran out of budget for this move. Al's polygon count is way down here. He's downright blocky! A small tv set appears before him, and he reels backward, totally floored! What did he see on there?

^ Tilt A: Bedrock Anthem

Al always has wanted to live the caveman life. With a primal cry of "Yabba dabba do now!" he brandishes a huge wooden club in a circle over his head.

V Tilt A: Weasel Stomping Day

Where on Earth did he get those enormous boots? Al gets in the holiday spirit as two enormous clodhoppers appear on his feet and a horned viking helmet appears on his head. He throws himself into a massive two-footed stomp that launches him at the ground. Touching either the hat or the boots will launch his opponents.

Grabs and Throws

Grab: Yoda

Al stops in his tracks. From behind him, Yoda quickly shuffles into view supported by his walking stick, and he promptly raises one nearby enemy in the air just by lifting his hand.

Grab Attack: Eat It

Al holds his hand before his opponent's face. Grasped in it is a random food item. Al proceeds to shove it down his opponent's gullet. It does not matter what they had for lunch. This has the exact opposite effect of normal food consumption; it hurts the opponent exactly as much as that food item would normally heal them.

> Throw: Like a Surgeon

Al's wearing a green surgical cap! And he's holding a chainsaw! As if he were cutting for the very first time, he squeezes his eyes shut and turns his head away as he jabs the chainsaw forward, causing the opponent to be hit several times before finally being hurled away.

< Throw: I'll Sue Ya

Al folds his arms behind his back and walks past his opponent, then whirls around with a cry of primal rage and slaps his opponent with a suit. A court order, a lawsuit. I don't know what kind of suit you were thinking of.

^ Throw: Harvey the Wonder Hamster

Al extends his arm, and he's holding a hamster wheel! With Harvey on it! The wheel spins at insane speeds courtesy of the Wonder Hamster, flinging the opponent straight up in the air.

V Throw: Bob

Is it possible to turn an opponent into a palindrome? Al makes it so. He faces the players and holds up a card with a picture of his enemy on it. Then he throws that card away, revealing another behind it. It's the same picture, but upside down! The held opponent promptly obeys the card and flips vertically, then slams down to the ground and bounces away.

B Attacks

Neutral B: Spam

Al has no time to ponder what's inside it. He seizes a fistful of processed ham/pork product and throws it forward with apparent effort, where it splatters against the first opponent who connects with it. It only does mediocre damage, but wait! Hold the button down and his arms fly into a flurry of spam tossing, launching chunks wildly forward in a cone reminiscent of Super Spicy Curry. He can move while doing this, but he can't jump or attack with anything other than the mysterious pink substance.

> Tilt B: The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota

Al reaches behind his back and whips out that glorious huge majestic sphere. He then throws it forward with both hands. It will roll along the ground, steamrolling all in its path, until it falls off a ledge, and bounce off walls in its way. Even though if that sucker were unravelled it would probably roll all the way to Fargo, ND, it does grow perceptibly smaller as it rolls. However, it will disappear automatically after 10 seconds if it hasn't yet found its way off the stage. Al can only have one twine ball out at a time.

^ Tilt B: Jurassic Park

What's this? A strangely clay-like pterodactyl has appeared over Al's head! He grabs onto its talons and hangs on. While holding on, he can make the reptile do three extra jumps, as well as glide, in order to get him to safety. Or eat him, whichever comes first. Enemies who come near the toothy beak are snapped at for damage, but Al can be knocked away from the creature if he's hit. Al can't use this move twice while in the air, even if he's hit, so be careful using it.

V Tilt B: Rambo

Suddenly, Al appears to be wearing a bandanna around his forehead. Not only that, but his muscles explode right through his shirt! He swings a massive gun to the ready and fires it. A spray of bullets appears kicking up a small cloud of dust on the ground as Al shudders and shakes under the force of it. The bullets don't actually cause any damage to anyone, but when Al lets his finger off the trigger, the spot where the dust cloud was erupts into an explosion shaped like those used by the Porky boss robots. This acts like a ground-based Din's Fire. The dust cloud can move between adjacent platforms, but the explosion cannot occur in empty air. Once the move is over, Al's shirt reappears as if by magic. Did the whole thing even happen?

Final Smash

Polka Power!

On the verge of the age of seven, Alfred's parents provided him with that instrument of rock gods and chick magnets alike, the accordion. And play it he did. For his Final Smash, Al turns to the camera and places his hands together, then whips them apart, and between them is his trusty accordion! Play it by pressing the buttons that appear onscreen. Whosoever touches Al in his wild-eyed frenzy of vaguely rockish polka is struck as if by a home run bat. So just don't touch him, right? Seems simple enough. But as he plays, a vortex of wind gently draws all in his vicinity closer to him, much like Galleom and Duon's respective spin attacks. Successful combos of correct button presses results in various of Al's famed sound effects, as well as a widening of his pull radius and a strengthening of his attraction. Miss no beats, and you're sure to reel in everyone if you're on a small stage, but you have to be tapping buttons like a madman to pull it off. Perhaps it's better to try to be right in the middle of the fray when you light this baby up.

Taunts

Taunt 1:

Al pulls out a kazoo and belts out a solo on it.

Taunt 2:

Al produces a twinkie wiener sandwich, shoves the whole thing in his mouth, and swallows.

Taunt 3:

Al holds Harvey the Wonder Hamster up with both hands and says "AAAAAAAAHHH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

Victory Poses

Victory Pose 1:

Al plays a few notes on his accordion and looks meaningfully into the camera.

Victory Pose 2:

Al is wearing a hat. He removes it, places it over his heart and takes a bow. His hair looks...pretty bad.

Victory Pose 3:

Al runs onscreen holding a pair of scissors in each hand. He stops and keeps jogging in place.

Victory Music

A riff from the Weird Al Show theme song.

Alternate Costume

Classic Al

It's Weird Al from before 1998. Therefore, glasses, 'stache and frizzy afro-ish hairdo. In addition, he is dressed thusly.

Stage

UHF

This stage takes place on an 80's style tv screen in a style reminiscent of Flat Zone. Action takes place on four different shows, separated by short intermissions of static, which cycle randomly.

Conan the Librarian
The combatants find themselves in a library. The place has walk-out edges and you can be KOed through the ceiling. The floor is flat. The only unusual feature of the arena is the bookshelves. They stand edgewise behind the playfield, and though they can be walked past, they are destructible. Be warned about destroying them. The one who does so will incur the wrath of Conan the Librarian, a large man with a massive sword and a passion for the Dewey Decimal System. He won't leave the stage until the channel changes, and if he takes down the one who broke a bookcase he will home in on the fighter making the most noise. Conan is slow, but if he hits you it will hurt like nothing else. Try tricking your opponents into smacking the shelves so they're forced to go on the defensive, but be careful not to let your plan backfire on you.

Gandhi II
He's back. And this time, he's mad! No more Mr. Passive Resistance! You find yourself in a grimy alley at the center of a fracas between an army of thugs and Gandhi himself. For the most part they stay in the background and leave you to your own devices, but get to high ground when Gandhi pulls out his machine gun and turns the alleyway into a shooting gallery. He won't aim high, so if you're on top of one of the two dumpsters or the higher fire escape platform, you're safe. Just be careful you don't get knocked down into the spray by your rivals.

Town Talk
George Newman starts where the other talk shows stop. He pries, he pokes, he digs deep. He covers the topics that other shows are afraid to talk about. This stage is a raised platform with two ramps leading up to it on either side. There's a rather low ceiling above, so you can't get KOs that way. The answer to this? Chairs are scattered about the stage. Throwing them at your enemies sends them on an horizontal trajectory, so rack up the damage and destroy a chair over their heads. If a chair is shattered, a replacement is taken in by a stagehand fairly quickly, and you can yank it out of his hands before he's done placing it. In addition to the usual background crowd, there's a studio audience present here as well, who jeers and whistles whenever someone gets beaten with a chair.

Stanley Spadowski's Clubhouse
Hey kids! Where do you wanna go? That's right! The ceiling is once again absent, so feel free to KO in all directions. The stage itself is mostly flat, but possesses three distinct features. At the left edge of the stage is a small raised platform supporting a fire hose, which is facing right. If this platform is stepped on, the fire hose briefly activates, causing no damage but pushing back anyone caught in the spray. At the left edge of the stage is a small pit with raised edges. This pit is full of oatmeal. Don't ask. If you are in this pit, your movement speed is decreased to 50% and your first jump is half of what it should be. And finally, intermittently a miniature yellow tow truck with Stanley Spadowski himself at the helm will tear across the stage and strike anyone in its path for heavy damage. Its coming is heralded by the sound of a siren and flashing lights in the background of the stage, so endeavor to be in the air when this happens. A studio audience is present here as well, but this time they're in the stage background.

Movie Trailer

Wikipedia Reference

Stage Music

UHF

Attack of the Radioactive Hamsters From a Planet Near Mars

Theme From the Weird Al Show

Another One Rides the Bus

Headline News

One More Minute

Eat It

Top Bottom