• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Haha, well, I'm too lazy to check every single one before I make a request, but thanks!
It's okay, I'm just joking; I don't blame you for not checking 200+ posts. You're actually the first one, surprisingly, to make a repeat request.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Your request is complete. I took a sort of...actually, very gory approach to him, I even fused the Latin word for "Blood-thirsty" with Blastoise to get his name, but I really like how it turned out. He's one of my favorites thus far.
The color scheme on Cruentoise worked out really well. The reds and grays do not feel abused in any way. Although it is just a palette swap, it came out very well. The "burnt, dark red" matches up very, very well with the "burnt, dark gray".

Just to note, I had the Dark Blastoise under my wing before you claimed it, but it's cool. I'll drop it if you want so I can pick up something new and original ;)

EDIT: @ lowradiation8989 - I finished "Wycuatro". It turned out looking like a cousin to Ho-oh, but I guess that's fine, given the similarities.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The color scheme on Cruentoise worked out really well. The reds and grays do not feel abused in any way. Although it is just a palette swap, it came out very well. The "burnt, dark red" matches up very, very well with the "burnt, dark gray".
You missed a couple of extra features that I added as well; I added some blood to his claws, added teeth (also blood-stained), and added blood dripping from one of his cannons. I didn't know what else to make of his cannons, so I suppose it's a blood cannon? It's really, really, gory, I know...but again, I sort of like it.

Just to note, I had the Dark Blastoise under my wing before you claimed it, but it's cool. I'll drop it if you want so I can pick up something new and original ;)
You did? I saw it in your "Currently working on" section recently, but when XACE-K first put them up for grabs, I claimed Dark Blastoise. It was a "4 requests, one for each of you" type of thing, which is why I claimed it rather than putting it in my "Currently working on" list.

You can do your own as well if you'd like, doesn't matter to me. I know you enjoy type changes as much as I do, so I wouldn't bar you from doing it.

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman

Wycuatro, FTW! I'm making it my new buddy icon. Clever name, by the way.

EDIT - I can't make it my buddy icon, because when I try to shrink the size, the pixels get distorted, which ****s up the whole image.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Spire III said:
...Zaptrecuno has to be deleted, now. It's so pathetic compared to that...that I don't even know how to describe it.

Seriously, AWESOME job, Spire.

Spire

III
BRoomer
You missed a couple of extra features that I added as well; I added some blood to his claws, added teeth (also blood-stained), and added blood dripping from one of his cannons. I didn't know what else to make of his cannons, so I suppose it's a blood cannon? It's really, really, gory, I know...but again, I sort of like it.

You did? I saw it in your "Currently working on" section recently, but when XACE-K first put them up for grabs, I claimed Dark Blastoise. It was a "4 requests, one for each of you" type of thing, which is why I claimed it rather than putting it in my "Currently working on" list.

You can do your own as well if you'd like, doesn't matter to me. I know you enjoy type changes as much as I do, so I wouldn't bar you from doing it.
I was probably just mistaken. You're on top of these requests like a mongoose on a snake (bad simile). Anyways, I guess those extra features seemed to blend in so well that you don't notice them, but they kind of... "subconsciously" get across. Cruentoise definitely felt menacing, and it wasn't just for the colors - it was for the tiny details that you don't immediately pick up on. Thanks for pointing those out, he just became even cooler ;)

Wycuatro, FTW! I'm making it my new buddy icon. Clever name, by the way.

EDIT - I can't make it my buddy icon, because when I try to shrink the size, the pixels get distorted, which ****s up the whole image.
Umm... maybe you could crop a portion of it or something. Here, I did it for you. I know it'd be AWESOME if it was the whole Pokemon, but at least you get some of it with this:

...Zaptrecuno has to be deleted, now. It's so pathetic compared to that...that I don't even know how to describe it.

Seriously, AWESOME job, Spire.
Hehe, thanks man :)

XACE-K

Smash Master
On your fisrt post it says no more Darkrai or Lucario. I understand that because most of the fusions, type changes etc. include them but will we be allowed to pick them again in the future?

Spire

III
BRoomer
On your fisrt post it says no more Darkrai or Lucario. I understand that because most of the fusions, type changes etc. include them but will we be allowed to pick them again in the future?
A ban isn't necessarily permanent, but until we take it off, no Lucario or Darkrai. Don't worry, you have 491 other Pokemon to choose from. Be creative with them ;)

XACE-K

Smash Master
A ban isn't necessarily permanent, but until we take it off, no Lucario or Darkrai. Don't worry, you have 491 other Pokemon to choose from. Be creative with them ;)
I know but those two are some of my favorite Pokemon but I have many more Pokemon to choose. Also good job on the Cruentoise, Firus.

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
I know but those two are some of my favorite Pokemon but I have many more Pokemon to choose. Also good job on the Cruentoise, Firus.
I think that he just wants to wait a while, so people stop asking for them, before he feels like allowing them again.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I was probably just mistaken. You're on top of these requests like a mongoose on a snake (bad simile). Anyways, I guess those extra features seemed to blend in so well that you don't notice them, but they kind of... "subconsciously" get across. Cruentoise definitely felt menacing, and it wasn't just for the colors - it was for the tiny details that you don't immediately pick up on. Thanks for pointing those out, he just became even cooler ;)
Yeah...as I may or may not have mentioned to you before, I don't have much of a life:laugh:, and I really enjoy taking requests; I enjoyed fusing Pokemon before, but now that I get requests rather than randomly picking Pokemon and getting weird fusions like Nidoking + Cloyster and Kadabra + Goldeen, it's a lot more fun, resulting in a lot of my time being dedicated to it. It's even competing with my SNES, which is surprising for me--I'm a total retro video game geek.
Come to think of it, I'm not surprised that you couldn't see them initially--they do blend in with his regular colors, and since I had it zoomed in on him while I was doing it, it was more obvious to me. I'm glad you like it, though; I know he's really simple, but I couldn't think of much else to add, and I figured if I added much more I might detract from what I had so far.

Hehe, thanks man :)
No problem. :)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Thanks. :) And also...

I think that he just wants to wait a while, so people stop asking for them, before he feels like allowing them again.
...this is pretty much it. We might not unban them, but we probably will at some point in time. Both of them, before being banned, were requested for a fusion, etc. about 1-2 times a day, which is just going a bit overboard. Plus, Lucario is hard to fuse period, and even once you do, it's hard for it to be successful. That's pretty obvious in Machario (although I won't let Lucario take all the blame; I didn't do a great job with that) and Charcario. We'll probably still ask requests for them to be kept to a minimum if/when they are allowed again.

Current requests won't be dropped, by the way, lowradiation. Electric Darkrai and Electric/Fire Darkrai will be completed still.

Mewter

Smash Master
Pokedex Entry:
Draararvatar-> Dragotariton-> Acroniton
Draconiton have finally exited their stage of being a larvae, and burst into their final form. Acroniton, unlike other rock pokemon, like to swim, and can actually fly with their wings. When eatiing, they like to be left alone, however. When they go hunting, they leave and go their seperate ways. Acroniton never stay in the same place twice, migrating all through the world and using their hard armor as protection. When they lie down tp sleep, however, they bunch up in order to share their body heat, which they have not much of. Having grown up in the desert, they welcome water and migration.

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
How about an Electrode/Spiritomb/Gastly fusion? I'd like to see just a fusion of the first two, but with Gastly's smoke around it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
How about an Electrode/Spiritomb/Gastly fusion? I'd like to see just a fusion of the first two, but with Gastly's smoke around it.
That is about the strangest thing I've ever heard of. Just thinking of how an ELECTRODE could fuse with Spiritomb. Okay, both are circular, but Electrode... wait I got it! I'll take the request.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
And soon everyone is going to be asking for Darkrais(I can't stand Darkrais to tell the truth).
Yeah, we've already gotten quite a few of them. And both Spire and I feel the same way about Darkrai; he's not really all that cool. The only thing I like is the concept of Dark Void (that's what it's called, right?) + Nightmare + Bad Dreams. Add in a good STAB attack and another powerful attack and you get massive damage. Even so, he's not all that good; all it takes is a berry or a switch into a quick Fighting-Type and the only strategy he has that's worth using him for it is gone.

I guess he wants people to be more creative in their selections instead of asking for fusions and /or type changes of the two most popular 4th generation Pokemon.:)
Well yeah, there's just too many requests for them, so Spire and I both agreed to ban them.

Also, I'm beginning to get the impression that some didn't realize Lucario was banned before (I know at least one person did remember; can't remember who, but they said that requesting a Lucario and Pichu fusion would be against the rules). It's kind of funny, considering that we didn't get any requests for him since he's been banned. He's been banned for...at least a week now. I guess it's a good thing I made the picture to go along with it; this way everyone sees it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Also, I'm beginning to get the impression that some didn't realize Lucario was banned before (I know at least one person did remember; can't remember who, but they said that requesting a Lucario and Pichu fusion would be against the rules). It's kind of funny, considering that we didn't get any requests for him since he's been banned. He's been banned for...at least a week now. I guess it's a good thing I made the picture to go along with it; this way everyone sees it.
Hahahaha, I'm laughing right now at the fact that those two are banned. Sorry, but it's hilarious.

Please expect to see more Pokemon banned in the future guys! When there are those that are just hideous and not enjoyable in the least bit, then they get the boot. Cresselia is probably the next candidate, but because no one has requested her, she probably won't be banned.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I dont want too overload you guys, but here one i would like too see.

Darkria+Lucario...:p

an ice/dark type houndoom.

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
How about a few random Evee-evolution hybrids? Surprise me with something. You have Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon, Glaceon, and Leafeon to choose from.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Pikachu+Jigglypuff
Squirtle+Ivysaur+Charizard (lol this should be fun)
Both of these requests are complete. I didn't like Jiggly's 4th gen sprite (too un-Jigglypuff-ish) so I used the third gen one.

I'd like to request a Slowking + Politoed fusion and I don't know why, but I just feel like it. :p
Your request is complete.

I want a:

Fighting type Charizard
I've completed this as well. He was pretty tough to do something with to make him look Fighting-esque. He looks really simple on first glance, and probably forever after...but I actually tried to thin him a little bit. You can't tell very well, but I did.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I got some more fusions.

Mawile + Sableye
Alakazam + Hariyama
Frosslass + Glalie

Do you guys think you're good enough to fuse two fusions? Also I like Pugnarizard.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hahahaha, I'm laughing right now at the fact that those two are banned. Sorry, but it's hilarious.

Please expect to see more Pokemon banned in the future guys! When there are those that are just hideous and not enjoyable in the least bit, then they get the boot. Cresselia is probably the next candidate, but because no one has requested her, she probably won't be banned.
It is pretty funny. ;)

Yeah...if anyone were to request Cresselia, she'd probably be out immediately...

She's like a hybrid of Lucario and Darkrai, I'm sure; not that cool at all and hard to fuse.

Cresselia/Milotic hybrid?
...oh, the irony. :laugh:
Well, maybe not yet.

Seeing as you guys are working on stuff, I guess I'll claim this one unless Bowser wants it.
Oh my god! Can I please have this one? I know I have stuff to work on, and thus won't get to it for a while, but I LOVE Houndoom and Ice/Dark Houndoom...the concept is pretty awesome. I already have some ideas for him.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Do you guys think you're good enough to fuse two fusions? Also I like Pugnarizard.
Hm, that's an interesting concept...I'm sure we'll try that sometime in the future.

Also, thanks. I'm glad you like him.

Now, to go update the "Pending Requests" list with the 10 or so that just got requested...

Mewter

Smash Master
It is pretty funny. ;)

Yeah...if anyone were to request Cresselia, she'd probably be out immediately...

She's like a hybrid of Lucario and Darkrai, I'm sure; not that cool at all and hard to fuse.
Too late.:laugh:

...oh, the irony. :laugh:
Well, maybe not yet.

Oh my god! Can I please have this one? I know I have stuff to work on, and thus won't get to it for a while, but I LOVE Houndoom and Ice/Dark Houndoom...the concept is pretty awesome. I already have some ideas for him.

Alright, we can both do it. If I keep it, at least I'll have something to look forward to after I'm done with THIS>Cresselia/Milotic. Two of my least liked Pokemon:dizzy:
:milotic: :cresselia:

I am actually Very tempted to skip over it. I might just drop it. Who wants it?

Mewter

Smash Master
Oh, I almost forgot. I refinished my Abomamolt. I tried to repixelate it and make it sharper, what do you guys think?

(Compare it to the one in my signature)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Can you make a Espreon?

Umbreon with Espeon
Instead, how about a new-type form of Eevee? Steel? Dragon? Ghost? Anyways, I'll give your request a shot.

Oh, I almost forgot. I refinished my Abomamolt. I tried to repixelate it and make it sharper, what do you guys think?

(Compare it to the one in my signature)
Yeah, it looks a lot better. It's not so edgy anymore, and is therefore much more defined. I would imagine crossing Moltres with Abomasnow would be hard enough as it is. Good job!

It looks like the Fat Chocobo on fire.

Poliking - Requested by ~Krystal~
I can't believe I missed this! I love that so much. The two go together very, very well. I was going to claim it, but I was busy with other things. Man, you did a mighty fine job on that. Also, it's great to see two of the [strangest] 2nd generation Pokemon fused together. Good repping right there.

Top Bottom