• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros at Niko's Returns! March 14, 2009. (SBaN #8!)

MDK00

Smash Ace
sad face =( i am so fail.
ef every1 who thinks MK is gay, snake is mad funny its jus not kool... word.

tourny wus hype. i think i OD'd on advil when i got home tho =S. i wus sad we didnt have time for money matches at the end or the greatest event of all... crew battles =(

btw pasta was so awesome. (needs meatballs tho srsly or fried chicken) i hope niagara comes out and plays with sauga nexx time =D

shouts outz later

and jus for every1 to know i'll be uploadin the vids to this account
http://ca.youtube.com/user/gtaSmash (some vids from anime north are here as well)

and for those interested in the anime north vids check em out here
http://ca.youtube.com/user/G3EvoYT

last words... snake is so gay. ambrose-kun is my hero =D

Miller

Smash Lord
It was good to see you come down Sliq, you did extremely well, just as expected :p

And to Ankoku, Niko should have the results up tomorrow as hes getting drunk right now

Ill do shout outs tomorrow

Also, Ambrose, Im sorry for flipping out, I already appologized, but i was just extremely mad at myself for messing up there. Dont take it personally or anything, your an amazing guy, same as everyone else there

KingAce

Smash Ace
****n this tourny was too fun =D, shouttouts tmrw when im not dead tired lol

MDK00

Smash Ace
yo niko when u get a chance put up those brackets, i got alot of files here and i dont remember the names, i also need dbls team names as well thnx =)

quick story b4 i pass out.
niko_k's jesus combo....

its mysta vs niko_k and they are both in their last stocks but mysta at 0 and niko_k at like 60-80 (cant remember)
Niko_k does wut i dub "the jesus combo" cuz i swear only jesus cud have performed this...
d-air > d-air > u-air > u-tilt > picks up turnip > HITS HIM WITH BOMB-OMB
ZERO TO DEATH COMBO
the crowd goes insane, i had to runaway for that one jeez!

Ambrose

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Niko for hosting this great tournament. Venue was nice. Sorry for the doubles finals taking so long in the end lol.

Good games everyone.

quick story b4 i pass out.
niko_k's jesus combo....

its mysta vs niko_k and they are both in their last stocks but mysta at 0 and niko_k at like 60-80 (cant remember)
Niko_k does wut i dub "the jesus combo" cuz i swear only jesus cud have performed this...
d-air > d-air > u-air > u-tilt > picks up turnip > HITS HIM WITH BOMB-OMB
ZERO TO DEATH COMBO
the crowd goes insane, i had to runaway for that one jeez!
You forgot to mention JL's u-air > u-air > fart headbutt > u-air > death against Percon.

That was epic as hell also.

Ambrose

Smash Journeyman
Also, Ambrose, Im sorry for flipping out, I already appologized, but i was just extremely mad at myself for messing up there. Dont take it personally or anything, your an amazing guy, same as everyone else there
Dont worry about it man. Its just an impulse thing. Just be more careful next time with the recovery.

MDK00

Smash Ace
Thanks Niko for hosting this great tournament. Venue was nice. Sorry for the doubles finals taking so long in the end lol.

Good games everyone.

You forgot to mention JL's u-air > u-air > fart headbutt > u-air > death against Percon.

That was epic as hell also.
too epic!!!

Conk

Smash Cadet
Pretty sick tourney for my first one.

I sucked, but man, it was fun.

Thanks to Niko for hosting. Everyone who came was cool too, I expected it to be more gaming elitists, but you guys are actually nice and stuff.

Grats to JL, Percon, Ambrose and KingAce

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Yo Niko.

Whne you put up the character usage remember I used three characters yesterday during the tourney. Lucario, Fox and Pika.

If you put up that I just used Lucario I'll be pissed, gotta have my Pika and Fox love put up in results as well.

MDK00

Smash Ace
who played in winners finals? and was it recorded? cuz i dont think i have it? and if im correct losers finals was percon vs ambrose rite? (im talkin about singles)

Niko_K

Smash Master
Winners Finals was JL vs Percon. Also you're right about losers finals. I'll have the bracket as soon as Kevin wakes up. We partied pretty hard and hes passed out on my floor lmfao.

This tournament turned out to be such a success. I thank everyone for making it out to Niagara to make this happen. It was by far the best brawl tournament I've been to so far, even though it kind of turned into LoTR at the end there. Amazing job JL Percon and Ambrose for snagging top 3.

Mysta, Mysta, Mysta. Sorry about that jesus combo (Thanks MDK). Like wow, Floating dair, dair, FF Uair, Utilt. (Pulls out bombomb) Glide tosses bomb omb upwards. DEAD! It was like melee son.

I'll have shoutouts and brackets up soon. You guys made my weekend.

Welcome to Niagara

J.L

Smash Ace
LOL at ambrose for saying more than just "Good Games" this time.

just wanted to make some quick shoutouts.

Niagra

Niko: Thanks for hosting. too bad i couldnt play you. Theres always teams on wifi though! =) oh yea pizza was good as always. Didnt get a chance to eat the pasta, but next time add some cheese into the mix. Bring 2 pots so we can cook the pasta and sauce next time.

nate: You were mentioning about switching characters. Maybe its a good thing as there are matchups Ike dont exactly do great against. Hes awesome in teams. Keep it up and hoepfully play u next time.

Millar: Good stuff, you made it pretty far so congrats on that. Mistakes always happen, but just try to keep your cool. In the end its still just a game. But definitely i see improvement in your gameplay although i havent really played you. lol! hopefully next time.

KC: Good job getting far in the tournament. You definitely play a good luigi. Hopefully ill play you next time. Keep it up.

Rob: good lucario. I like the combo where you jab jab to forward b. always gets me. Im not sure if u can dodge that... can you?? lol anyway play u some more next time.

Percon: Epic matches!!! holy crap you put the hurt on metaknights. But you still cant touch my wario! lol Fart FTW!!!! haha i definitely saw major improvements. You got more defensive and campy hahaha. but you are a smart player and i respect that. Good games and definitely looking forward to more epic matches. clap > clap > fart > clap > death @_@ GGs (cant touch this)

GTA

MDK: nice commentary, although a bit loud at times. We should have a little separate room for you to do those commentary lol! but no one can do them better than you, too funny!! "Dont try this at home kids!!!" lol. Too bad i couldnt play you. If you didnt make those crazy mistakes i wouldve faced you in winners probably. but its okay, we got the next one to look forward to.

KingAce: your team name is totally contradictory to the actual players. You guys are SO NOT a bunch of cool guys lol just kidding, it was fun playing teams. Man i didnt expect you guys to be so good. We will have our revenge. *plotting* tight matches in singles. It went down to the last smash attack lol. But i had it in the bag... cant touch this!!!!!! =)

there are others too but i cant rmb atm.. ggs to everyone and ofcourse GTA representing again!!

Crews next time... its a must!!!!

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Wooow, what an epic tournament. Although it was my worst tournament perfomance ever, I still had a good time.

The sooner those brackets get posted, the sooner the movements for the PR start happening.

And holly **** at JL's combo...... I GOTTA see that match again.

Sliq

Smash Master
You all seem to be forgetting Ganon.

The best part of this tournament was the Melee. Roy's our boy.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
great tourney everyone. Niko you did an amazing job this went so well, too bad it had to end early though.

Ambrose Shuttle Loop loop lol too good. And then when Artery almost died but then the peach tripped and he came back to win it in doubles wow lol only in niagara.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Alrighty, time for results!!

Singles Results:

1: JL
2: Percon
3: Ambrose
4: KingAce
5: JuiceJuice
5: Miller
7: worldjem7
7: Sliq
9: KC
9: MDK
9: WolfBlade
9: Minus
13: Artary Clogger
13: Bug
13: Pyrenight
13: NikoK
17: RX-007
17: Mysta
17: GI
17: Xile
17: Trevor
17: LawlBot
17: CJS
17: baby j
25: tallman
25: pastaboy
25: Ayaz
25: Uwe Boll
25: Luke
25: Erik m
25: Nasir
25: 666

Doubles Results:

1: Pretty cool guys (Max / KingAce)
2: Asian Sensation (Brose / JL)
3: Twice as Nice (Run / MDK)
4: Mounty Punchers (Sliq / Artery)
5: Game&Crotch (Niko + Kevin)
5: GaySpam (Erix / Mista)
7: ASDF (gohan / boot)
7: Jitz (Luc / Christian)
9: Frenchies (Devin / Marc)
9: Teh Ph1r3z (Miller / Nate)
9: Flea Powder (Bug / Wolf)
9: Horse (Ayaz / Nasir)
13: Spanish Dragons (Ivan / Dan)
13: Westside Warriors (CJS / Erik)

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, I knew i made top 10, but i never knew that would get 5th O_O

I used snake the whole tourny BTW. I still can't believe I knocked MDK out of the tournament...

KingAce

Smash Ace
1)JL - Wario
2)Percon - Snake
3)Ambrose - Iceclimbers, Metaknight
4)KingAce - Metaknight
5)JuiceJuice - Snake
5)Miller - Iceclimbers
7)worldjem7 - Falco, Metaknight
7)Sliq - Ganondorf, Bowser

KingAce

Smash Ace
Alright, I didnt see you use IC's against Percon or MDK or even in doubes lol but ok hold on ill edit it

Sliq

Smash Master
I'll do shout outs in a little bit when I'm less naked. I sleep naked, big whoop.

Ambrose

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I didnt see you use IC's against Percon or MDK or even in doubes lol but ok hold on ill edit it
I did use ICs against percon, 1st match only. And reason I dont use ICs vs metaknight is because that match up = 9-1 for metaknight.

Miller

Smash Lord
I did use ICs against percon, 1st match only. And reason I dont use ICs vs metaknight is because that match up = 9-1 for metaknight.
It truly is a horrible match up, thats why Short hop Blizzard is important, it stops his tornado, glide attacks, and just about any other move, it has one of the most priorities in the game

Percon

Smash Lord
You should probably change (Max/KingAce) to (Percon/KingAce), and (Niko + Kevin) to (NikoK / Pyrnight) but that's just me.

Anyway, shouts:

Not Niagara:

KingAce: We ****ing rock. Teaming with you was a very very good idea. We definitely stuck it to everyone in doubles. You almost had me in singles, too. Hopefully I'll be teaming with you again soon.

JL: Great stuff man. Your Wario still tears a hole right through me. I still can't get over that combo you got on frigate. That's the new sacred combo. :p. I'm might need to learn a secondary now. Great stuff in doubles, too. I'll be coming to the GTA soon to play with you guys.

Ambrose: Good Games.

MDK: You're hilarious, man. Nice commentary and whatnot. Didn't play you in singles but you did well in doubles. Make sure you know where I plant my mines next time ;)

Runawayfire: Sorry I had to knock you out of losers... again! It's not supposed to be like this!! You're the one who's supposed to take care of JL for me :( And we didn't do that Kirby/Lucas MM. I'll take you up on that some other time, I guess. Also, bug me on MSN sometime. Speaking of which...

Bug: Nice games (and watch). You were probably getting bored in pools lol. You placed pretty well, I expect you'll get higher next time.

Mysta: Great Pikachu, you had me going for a while, there. Though you need to watch out for my Kirby. :p

worldjem7: Didn't play you :(

Eric + other port colborn guy: Thanks for coming out, guys!! I hope you both had fun. You guys gotta come out more.

Sliq (AKA SLEEK lol): Nice games, glad to see such a big name come out all the way to Canada. (from NY, zomg). Mad respect, man, it takes balls to play Ganon and Bowser. You had me going for a while there. You seemed kinda quiet, though. I guess being in another country with a bunch of weirdos you don't know is kinda tough :p

Boston dudes: Didn't see much of you guys, you were quiet as sliq was. I know you guys aren't terribly fond of Brawl, but thanks for coming out!

Niagara:

Niko: GGs man. I missed that Jesus combo :(

Kevin: You handled yourself well against MDK and other great players. Between your Gdub and Falco, there soon won't be much you can't handle.

Miller: Nice placing 5th, man. You did well, just Miller combo less and you could be Ambrose next time.

Josh: Yeah, you got the attention I expected. You did pretty well, too. Come to MOAR practices.

KC: Holy **** man, you surprised me more than anyone. I haven't played you in a while, so when I heard that you beat Kevin THEN Nate, I flipped. Gotta one on one you sometime.

Nate: Your Ike is beastly, and you did really well with him. I'd recommend picking up a secondary for some matchups, though *coughmkcough*

Jarred: Your shirt was very green. Gotta play you too man.

Juice: Juice! Man! 5th place WTF? I knew you could make it far, though. Come to more tournaments and practices, though. DO IT.

Ayaz: Thanks for showing up, your falcon surprised me in doubles.

I think that's it for now... if I forgot someone I'll fix that later.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Max our set was retartedly epic again, from the Claptraps.... to the epic laser DI ( I think I yelled out "NOO!" dramatically too) .... and the fact that we got hit by ALL the hazards on Halberd lol.

Top Bottom