• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0-Starts Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

luigiluck

Smash Apprentice
pa man
b attackpunch
up b super jump
down b super pac man
side b dash form pac man world 2
final smash 2d pac man

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
Just in case you want to know, the 35 characters I used were:

Gardevoir
Gallade
H.P. Lovecraft
Darth Vader (PKBoy89 version)
Lemeza Kosugi
Johnny Turbo
Karnov
Yungmie
MGA Solid Snake
Magikarp
Shaq
Ginny Weasley
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Stephen Colbert
Chris and Ryann
Zatch Bell and Kiyo
Sean Connery
Super Eraser
Pong Paddle
Rosalina
Earthworm Jim
Duffman
Invader Zim
Waluigi
Protoman
The White Stripes
Paper Mario
Banjo-Kazooie
Innes
Underhill
Spongebob
Baby Mario Bros.
Ren and Stimpy
Maria
Travis Touchdown
Wow, I just threw him in there for fun and he gets put in the story. Didn't see that coming.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Woot! Two of my characters scored spots!

Great job on the story, HeoandReo (I'm so tempted every time to just call you H&R, lol). If only someone was immensely talented enough to give us SSE-like videos for all of it! :p Now that would be cool.

Ilex

Smash Ace
Deoxys

With Deoxys, I decided that with its DownB it can change forms. All the attacks are the same, but the stats of the forms differ. These stats include the damage of the attacks they inflict, the vertical recovery of their jumps and UpB, along with their weight and speed. The priority, range, hitboxes, and lag of their attacks stay the same among all forms.

Stats
Universal Stats:
Wall Jump/Cling: No
Size: 7/10
Crawl: No

Normal Form:
Speed: 4/10
Weight: 6/10
Power: 2/10
Recovery: 8/10
Fall Speed 6/10

Attack Form:

Speed: 6/10
Weight: 4/10
Power: 8/10
Recovery: 2/10
Fall Speed: 4/10

Defense Form:

Speed: 2/10
Weight: 8/10
Power: 6/10
Recovery: 4/10
Fall Speed: 3/10

Speed Form:

Speed: 8/10
Weight: 2/10
Power: 4/10
Recovery: 6/10
Fall Speed: 7/10

Specials
Neutral Special: Night Shade. An aura-sphere sized orb composed of a dark purple cloudy substance appears and disappears quickly about 4 spaces in front of Deoxys. This attack is good because it spaces the opponent away from you. It's damage varies with the form Deoxys is in. Atk-10%, Def-8%, Spd-6%, Nrml-4%.

Forward Special: Zen Headbutt. Deoxys lowers its head, and blasts forward after charging up. It works like Pikachu's SideB, but is a multi-hitter if it makes contact. Purple sparkles and energy shrouds Deoxys as it flies forward. For a fully charged Zen Headbutt, each of the multi hits does Atk-4%, Def-3%, Spd-2%, Nrml-1%. The horizontal recovery of this move also varies with the form. The normal form does about as much as Pikachu's Skull Bash in recovery, Def form gives 3/4 of that, Speed gives 1/2 of that distance, etc.

Up Special: Pursuit. Pretty much Deoxys gets shrouded in black energy and rapidly moves where you control it to. It only moves in one curve though, so you can't move it in more than one direction. If you don't control its movement, it'll home towards the opponent (It is pursuit after all). It is essentially the same as Lucario's Extremespeed. Atk-9%, Def-7%, Spd-6%, Nrml-5%. As with the SideSpecial, the recovery distance varies with the form.

Down Special: Form Switch. Pretty straight forward, and this cannot be used while airborn.

Final Smash: Psych Boost. Deoxys presses B when an opponent(s) is in front of it and they get 50% damage (Regardless of form) and fall asleep afterwards.

Tilts
Jab: Swipe with tentacle, alternates tentacles for repeated jabs. (5%,4%,3%,2%)
UpTilt: Upwards headbutt. (9%,8%,7%,6%)
ForwardTilt: Sideways kick. (10%,9%,8%,7%)
DownTilt: Skid kick. (7%,6%,5%,4%)

Smashes
UpSmash: Twirls with tentacles above head. When fully charged; (26%,23%,20%,18%)
ForwardSmash: Lunges forward with body (23%,21%,18%,16%)
DownSmash: Sweeps tenctacles along ground (18%,16%,15%,13%)

Aerials
Nair: An orb of dark energy surrounds Deoxys temporarily, causes stunning. (7%,6%,5%,3%)
Fair: Whips in front with one tentacle (9%,8%,6%,5%)
Bair: Turns torso around and strikes with a tentacle (10%,9%,8%,7%)
Uair: Positions his body like a pencil with Deoxys' arms pointing up (6,5,5,4)
Dair: Crouches over midair and produces a dark orb of energy beneath it. This move stops Deoxys falling momentum throughout its duration and Deoxys may DI horizontally during this attack. (10,9,7,6)

Grab Attacks
Grab: Deoxys holds the opponent with one tentacle
Pummel: B*tchslap with free tentacle (2,2,1,1)
FThrow: Deoxys lets go of the opponent and suspends them in the air with psychic energy then pushes them forward with both hands. (12,10,9,8)
BThrow: Deoxys lets go of them and levitates them with psychic energy then twirls the opponent around his body a few times before throwing them behind. (9,8,7,6)
UThrow: Deoxys winds up his free hand them punches them up (11,10,8,6)
DThrow: Deoxys faceplants them in the ground, a does a handstand on top of them. He pumps them with psychic energy then stomps down on their body, knocking them up. (8,7,6,5)

Taunts
UpTaunt: Deoxys lifts up his chin and arms and cackles while twirling
SideTaunt: A stream of sparkles spiral up Deoxys' body.
DownTaunt: Deoxys' eyes and glow as he briefly leviates

Other
Get-up Attack: Deoxys produces a ring of psychic energy around his body as he slowly stands up (5,4,3,2)
Ledge Attack: Deoxys flips over the edge and kicks them with his feet
Kirby Hat: Kirby sports normal form Deoxys' headgear
Sleeping Animation: Deoxys limps over while still standing
Entrance: Pokeball

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Good idea with the whole form switch thing, I like it. Highly recommended to post the whole moveset, this character has potential.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
The Make Your Move Subspace Emissary I was working on is finally finished. At least the first version, anyway.

Gardevoir
Gallade
H.P. Lovecraft
Lemeza Kosugi
Johnny Turbo
Karnov
Yungmie
MGA Solid Snake
Magikarp
Shaq
Ginny Weasley
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Stephen Colbert
Chris and Ryann
Zatch Bell and Kiyo
Sean Connery
Super Eraser
Pong Paddle
Rosalina
Earthworm Jim
Duffman
Invader Zim
Waluigi
Protoman
The White Stripes
Paper Mario
Banjo-Kazooie
Innes
Underhill
Spongebob
Baby Mario Bros.
Ren and Stimpy
Maria
Travis Touchdown
Well, Shucks, H&R (You don't mind if I call you H&R, do you?) I'm flattered beyond belief! Thanks!

RWB

Smash Ace
Is the contest over? If not, I'm finally gonna do some updating- although posting the movesets again would propably be smarter (can't find the old posts).

HeoandReo

Smash Apprentice
No, the contest doesn't appear to be over yet, RWB. You can repost the movesets if you want, but I made a list a few pages back(Page 38) of every moveset in the thread so far. GCM also posted an older copy of it on the first page, so you can find your name and what page the moveset was in, if you plan to do so.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
HeoandReo

Maria got in as a secret character? That is good.

Are you planning on doing more SSE stories?

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
No, the contest doesn't appear to be over yet, RWB. You can repost the movesets if you want, but I made a list a few pages back(Page 38) of every moveset in the thread so far. GCM also posted an older copy of it on the first page, so you can find your name and what page the moveset was in, if you plan to do so.
Just out of curiosity, any particular reason you chose MGA Snake over FLUDD or Eddie and Beat?

P.S. Did you only include on Assist Trophy per user on that site? If not, you missed my Crazy Taxi Driver on Page 4.

HeoandReo

Smash Apprentice
Just out of curiosity, any particular reason you chose MGA Snake over FLUDD or Eddie and Beat?

P.S. Did you only include on Assist Trophy per user on that site? If not, you missed my Crazy Taxi Driver on Page 4.
Thanks for the tip. I'll add him right away.

And I chose MGA Snake for a few reasons.
-I found him easy to integrate in the story
-It was one of my personal favourite movesets
-I didn't want to put in too many characters from the earlier pages, because there wouldn't be enough room for more characters from the later ones. I already selected a fair amount of characters from those pages by that point.

HeoandReo

Maria got in as a secret character? That is good.

Are you planning on doing more SSE stories?
Maybe. The one I wrote this week was more of a 'prototype' version of the story. When the finalists are selected, though, I might make something for them when given permission. And anyone can give me feedback on what the next iteration should be like.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
This post is going to be my selection of stages, I'll update this page when I make more characters with a stage along with them:

I've already done resort island (for My Tails doll character)

I never said anything about this level, so I'll put it here
Legalality: Counter-pick Maybe
Walk-off: yes
Secret: Yes
Unlocked by: Unlocking Tails Doll
hazards: Sometimes Rings pour down from the waterfall, which does 12% each time it hits you, you can dodge it as you can see it coming from the top of the waterfall, if the level is on ice mode, this doesn't happen.
Others: the weather/time of day changes each time you play it, it might be sunny, raining, thundering,snowy and morning, noon or night.

simpsons house (for Homer Simpson)

Legalality: Counter-pick
Walk-off: Yes
Unlocked by: Play Homer 15 times in the home-run contest/VS mode.
hazards: The car rushes in/out of the garage in every 20 second Period, the car does 35% as you can see the garage door opening 3 seconds before the car actually shows-up.
Others: you fight on the pathment

NSMB Bowsers Castle World 1 (for Dry Bowser)

Legalality: Counter-pick/neutral
Walk-off: no
Unlocked by: unlock by playing dry Bowser on any mario series stage 10 times.
hazards: Fire balls jump from the fire pit thing from the bottom of the stage, weak knockback, avoidable,and only does 12% .
Others: the switch breaks when 103% has hit it, making the left door open for the entire match.

Egg Carrier (for E-102 Gamma)
Egg carrier where you fight E-101 MKII (look at 0:24 till end of video {I couldn't find a pic of it})
Legalality: Neutral/ counterpick
Walk-off: no and yes
Unlocked by: Unlock E-102
hazards: that when the sky looks stormy, there is a heavy wind like on green greens nothing Else, sometimes round the arena, a electrical barrier is there, doing 10% if you touch it, don't worry about recovery problems, a large platform appears from the edge, making it a walk off for a period of time (from 25 seconds for each hazard) .
Others: the background changes from clear sky, to a stormy background, you can go on those catapults things when they pop-up from the ground, boosting you from one side of the stage to the other, as soon as you touch it, almost instantly you get sent to the other side aswell.

Emerald Hill zone (for tails)

Legalality: Neutral
Walk-off: Yes
Unlocked by: Play Emerald hill zone 9 times
hazards: Motorbugs run across the stage (does 14% if hit by one) and buzz bombers shooting from above (wasn't these in sonic 2 aswell?) doing 12% damage each time it hits.
Others: you can jump on trees.

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
I chose MGA Snake for a few reasons.
-I found him easy to integrate in the story
-It was one of my personal favourite movesets
-I didn't want to put in too many characters from the earlier pages, because there wouldn't be enough room for more characters from the later ones. I already selected a fair amount of characters from those pages by that point.
That's pretty understandable. I'm just glad one of my guys made it.

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384
NEW CHALLENGER

Saria, Forest Sage

zomg hope shes in SSB4 =P

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Ok Im here for once. Just wanna say you can trust anything heoandreo says unless i say otherwise. RWB I hope you do finish your movesets they all have potential. Also if Heo dosen't want to do another story I will I also invite anyone else who wants to to do it. I'll probably eventually write one using every character.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
King Boo

Image of King Boo

From Mariowiki.com: King Boo is the leader of the Boos and the main antagonist of the game Luigi's Mansion. He is also an ally of Bowser, King of the Koopas, and has aided the Koopa leader in his various schemes. He first appeared as Luigi's nemesis, and is more than capable of devising and enacting villainous plans by himself, including his capture and imprisonment of the hero Mario. Although not the biggest Boo in the world, King Boo has abilities that far surpass that of the average ghost, and wields a number of impressive magical abilities, including the ability to materialize objects out of thin air. King Boo's magical power is directly proportional to the number of Boos in his vicinity.

Unlocked message: Look behind you, the king of boos has entered the fray.

stats:
Power: 7.8/10
walking Speed: 6.3/10
Dash speed: 7.5/10
Range: 7/10
Projectile distance: 4/10
Drop speed/weight: 1.2/10
Size: 6.4/10
1st jump: 6.2/10:
2nd Jump: 6.5/10:
Crouch: 3/10
traction: 10/10 (seriously, when he need to turn around, he goes through his own back to turn round)
combo: 7.3/10
Wall jump: no
Wall cling: no
Crawling: no
glide: no
Jumps Number: 2

Specials:

B: Lick: The longer you hold it, the bigger his tongue gets: if you get touched by his tongue, you become paralised like ZSS Down smash, if you are holding a shield, you can get a shattered shield and stunned, this does 9% uncharged and 15% charged (also licks in a diagonal up-ward direction.

Forward-B: Ghoustly Vanish: King Boo can go through walls with this move, but if the wall is too big, he can't go past it to avoid obvious glitches, if you are in line with the vanish, you get an explosion done to you which sends you the opposite direction of the move, if you get hit, it's do 13% damage.

Up-B: Phantom disappearance: a basic teleport move, which covers the distance of 1.5 distance of Lucarios Up-B. he Pulls his toungue out, doing funny poses at the end of the teleport.

Down-B: cover-up: a counter attack: King Boo puts his hands over his eyes, if someone attacks him, he'll screams and become 1.5 the size of what he is already.

Standard:
Neutral: Two punches, first with his left (3%) and then with his right (3%)
F-tilt: Turns around, when the tail hit you, it does 10%
F-smash: He splits up into loads of Mini Boos, the more you charge up, the more boos will appear (3% for each boo, Uncharged = 6 Boos, charged = 9 Boos)
U-tilt: Jumps up a little and rattles his head fast (11%)
U-smash: King Boo spins in a spot really fast, hovering up and down on the spot, which does a simular effect as warios Up-smash (Uncharged = 19%, charged = 25%)
D-tilt: Punches infront of him with his right hand (10%)
D-smash: 2 Boos which are about a 3rd of King Boo appear on both sides of him (uncharged = 21%, charged = 26%)
Dash attack: King Boo spins his tail infront of him (10%)

Aerials:
N-air: spins in the air around (11%)
F-air: Slams his Toungue Downwards (15%) this is a meteor smash
B-air: Picks up his crown, and swings it behind him, this makes him turn around (15%) great knockback
U-air: Throws his crown up in the air a bit (12%) a juggler move
D-air: Spins his toungue down-wards, this can do 6 constructive hit if hit correctly (18%)

Grabs:
Grab attack: a standard Punch (3%)
F-throw: Pushes the foe a way with his toungue (10%)
B-throw:throws the foe into himself, and goes through, this setups a combo in the air (13%)
U-throw: throws them upward simular to Jigglypuffs Up throw (12%)
D-throw: Drills his crown into the opponent, this can be chaingrabbed from 0-70% (10%)

Others:
Edge:
Over 100%: he sweeps his tail as he gets on (9%)
Under 100%: he spins up far and back to the edge again (12%)
On belly: He swings his toungue in an upward direction
On Back: spins on a spot

Entrance: comes out of a paint portrait, and waves at the screen

Taunts:
up: spins his crown in the air
side: Polishes his crown
down: covers his face and spinning towards the ground

Victory taunts:
1:boos surround him
2: polishes a mario Painting
3: Spins around in a circle, when he faces the camera, he waves at the screen

I've updated my stages some more.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Ok Im here for once. Just wanna say you can trust anything heoandreo says unless i say otherwise. RWB I hope you do finish your movesets they all have potential. Also if Heo dosen't want to do another story I will I also invite anyone else who wants to to do it. I'll probably eventually write one using every character.
You will write an SSE on every single character on this thread?
That is quite a lot of characters.

BlueYoshiPinkShoes

Smash Apprentice
The Make Your Move Subspace Emissary I was working on is finally finished. At least the first version, anyway.

http://makeyourmovesmash.blogspot.com/2008/06/make-your-move-2.html
(As I said, I put it on a webpage for easy viewing. And be warned, heavy spoilers for it right from the get-go... but then again, that's the point of writing a complete storyline- so that we all know what's going on.)

The basic storyline with stages is here, with the appropriate 'my character' bias to match with Sakurai's apparent Kirby bias. : P

27 stages total, 31 usable-in-story characters, 7 bosses, 4 secret door characters, and a basic storyline that borrows heavily from the original SSE.

Gardevoir
Gallade
H.P. Lovecraft
Lemeza Kosugi
Johnny Turbo
Karnov
Yungmie
MGA Solid Snake
Magikarp
Shaq
Ginny Weasley
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Stephen Colbert
Chris and Ryann
Zatch Bell and Kiyo
Sean Connery
Super Eraser
Pong Paddle
Rosalina
Earthworm Jim
Duffman
Invader Zim
Waluigi
Protoman
The White Stripes
Paper Mario
Banjo-Kazooie
Innes
Underhill
Spongebob
Baby Mario Bros.
Ren and Stimpy
Maria
Travis Touchdown

White Stripes, Sean Connery, Maria, and Travis Touchdown weren't involved in the story, but still worked as 'secret door' characters.

Feel free to put comments about it in there.
Aww, no Sora.
How dissapointing.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
Also if Heo dosen't want to do another story I will I also invite anyone else who wants to to do it. I'll probably eventually write one using every character.
Cool Beans!

I'm workin on one involving these cats:

Stephen Colbert
Rorschach
Jinn
Dry Bowser
Tails Doll
Jimi Hendrix
Weird Al Yankovic
Travis Touchdown
Ryu
Old School Mario
Deoxys
Trogdor
Geno
Skull Kid
Squanto
Judy Nails
Duffman
Paula
Hariyama
K.Rool
Chain Chomp
Juggernaut
Primid
Mary Sue
Crash Bandicoot
Daisy
Animal Crosser
Fred Fredburger
Petey Piranha
Bowser jr.
Pinstripe
Jaffar
Rayman
L block
Marcus Fenix
Coming Soon

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Just curious, has the character limit been lifted? I don't remember seeing anything about it, but it seems like a few people have surpassed what had been the limit? Are we okay to proceed with further movesets? Besides, I doubt anyone else plans on doing my characters...

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
ummm....... do you know when the cutoff date is? Just curiouse cuz I'm working with a very....large moveset.......

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
Cool Beans!

Stephen Colbert
Rorschach
Jinn
Dry Bowser
Tails Doll
Jimi Hendrix
Weird Al Yankovic
Travis Touchdown
Ryu
Old School Mario
Deoxys
Trogdor
Geno
Skull Kid
Squanto
Judy Nails
Duffman
Paula
Hariyama
K.Rool
Chain Chomp
Juggernaut
Primid
Mary Sue
Crash Bandicoot
Daisy
Animal Crosser
Fred Fredburger
Petey Piranha
Bowser jr.
Pinstripe
Jaffar
Rayman
L block
Marcus Fenix
Coming Soon
Sweet, two for two.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Cool Beans!

Stephen Colbert
Rorschach
Jinn
Dry Bowser
Tails Doll
Jimi Hendrix
Weird Al Yankovic
Travis Touchdown
Ryu
Old School Mario
Deoxys
Trogdor
Geno
Skull Kid
Squanto
Judy Nails
Duffman
Paula
Hariyama
K.Rool
Chain Chomp
Juggernaut
Primid
Mary Sue
Crash Bandicoot
Daisy
Animal Crosser
Fred Fredburger
Petey Piranha
Bowser jr.
Pinstripe
Jaffar
Rayman
L block
Marcus Fenix
Coming Soon
Yay Paula is in the story! Thank you.

Here is something good for you in return:

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Cool Beans!

Stephen Colbert
Rorschach
Jinn
Dry Bowser
Tails Doll
Jimi Hendrix
Weird Al Yankovic
Travis Touchdown
Ryu
Old School Mario
Deoxys
Trogdor
Geno
Skull Kid
Squanto
Judy Nails
Duffman
Paula
Hariyama
K.Rool
Chain Chomp
Juggernaut
Primid
Mary Sue
Crash Bandicoot
Daisy
Animal Crosser
Fred Fredburger
Petey Piranha
Bowser jr.
Pinstripe
Jaffar
Rayman
L block
Marcus Fenix
Coming Soon
Wow, my Tails doll, Juggernaut and Dry Bowser got into a story, I actually never thought any of my characters would be involved in some sort of story.

HeoandReo

Smash Apprentice
Cool Beans!

Stephen Colbert
Rorschach
Jinn
Dry Bowser
Tails Doll
Jimi Hendrix
Weird Al Yankovic
Travis Touchdown
Ryu
Old School Mario
Deoxys
Trogdor
Geno
Skull Kid
Squanto
Judy Nails
Duffman
Paula
Hariyama
K.Rool
Chain Chomp
Juggernaut
Primid
Mary Sue
Crash Bandicoot
Daisy
Animal Crosser
Fred Fredburger
Petey Piranha
Bowser jr.
Pinstripe
Jaffar
Rayman
L block
Marcus Fenix
Coming Soon

Neat, Mary Sue's involved. Wonder how she's gonna try to steal the spotlight. (And hopefully fail. : P)

EDIT: Nevermind. Didn't think the idea would work again. But I'll start making a few Event Matches because it's one of the things we haven't covered yet.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Here is a moveset for the Muslim Kurdish general, Salahuddin Ayyub. Also known in the West as just "Saladin".

Salahuddin Ayyub was a Kurdish man who was born in Tikrit, Iraq. He worked along with his father and his uncle, Muhammad Shirkuh fighting in battles for their general Nur ad-Din. He was always born among fronts of war, and as a young man relocated to Damascus, Syria. Later on, he became a general sent by Nur ad-Din to take control of the Shi'ite Fatimid Egypt and use it as a base for power. However, Saladin had plans of his own. He decided to take Egypt as his own and betray his master Nur ad-Din. However, he only did it, at the request of his father, to wait until Nur ad-Din died and when he did, in 1174 he used his armies to take Damascus and much of Syria as his own. From there, he formed his own empire called the Ayyubid Sultanate. He also conquered and united southern Egypt all the way down to Sudan and all of the western Arabian peninsula including the Holy City of Mecca, Medina, and the terrritory of Yemen.

From there on, the Kingdom of Jerusalem lead by the young King Baldwin grew weary of Saladin's really fast rise to power. Soon after, Raynald de Chatillon lead him and his Templar Knights to charge and slaughter an Arab caravan, causing open war between the Ayyubid Sultanate and the Kingdom of Jerusalem. This caused Saladin to retaliate, and at the Battle of Hattin he defeated the Templar Knights in battle and Raynald de Chatillon was slain. Shortly after in 1191, Saladin besieged Jerusalem itself and took it. However, instead of massacring the populace like the original Crusaders did 100 years ago during the First Crusade, he spared the lives of all the innocent people in Jerusalem, allowing them escort to the sea to depart the Levant forever. Saladin used much of his own money to pay the ransom for many of the poor people of Jerusalem. As a result, when the Pope heard about this he died of a heart attack. The next Pope after him called a Crusade. A Third Crusade. This caused King Richard the Lionheart of England to come two months later and confront Saladin. It was a hard battle and Saladin was defeated by Richard, however Richard failed to recapture Jerusalem and overall Saladin accomplished his objective of taking and keeping Jerusalem and pushing the KoJ to a narrow strip along the coast with the fortress of Acre.

Despite being an enemy of the western world, Saladin was known as a very honorable and chivalric Muslim general. He even presented gifts to King Richard to show his hospitality.

Saladin was almost assassinated by a mysterious group of assassins known as the Hashishim located in Syria two times. One of them slashed his cheek, but later Saladin died in 1194. His Jewish doctor, Maimonides, gave him barley water to drink when he was sick then Saladin died.

Pros:
-Saladin has a lot of options in combat for range and fast movement
-Saladin despite his weight still has some hard hitting and damaging moves
-He has a sword and has good power but a bit on the slow side
-He is armed with a shield that can deflect some projectile attacks if he stands still or ducks, similar to Link's or Toon Link's.

Cons:
-Saladin is sorta short and lightweight, so he can be easily KOed despite his appearance. He is slightly taller than Mario.
-He is not very good in the air, and many air moves of others can outprioritize his
-Saladin has long landing animation if he lands during an air attack. Sorry you can't L-cancel guys :o

Neutral:
-Afterlag on most attacks despite being powerful are moderate. Not too long but can be punished by a player with fast reactions.

A moves:

AAA: This is simple. He has a sword and swings it three times and it has quite long range and good power. KO potential is medium. (4, 4, 4)

>A tilt: Swings his sword hard upward once. This is slower than the AAA combo, but slightly longer than range than AAA combo. (14) Medium-Heavy knockback.

^A tilt: Swings his shield upward once in a half circle performing a shield . (13) Medium-Heavy knockback. It is typically better to hit an enemy with an Ftilt than with an uptilt because it kills a lower percentages than Utilt.

Dtilt: He swings his sword in a sweep in front of him (13) Medium knockback.

Dash A: Puts his shield up and rams his shield into his opponent (11). Not so strong knockback.

Smashes:

Fsmash: Saladin steps forward doing an upward strike with his sword then a downward one. This is an advancing smash strike. It is a little slow but powerful especially if you can get them caught up in both strikes. (10, 11) Heavy Knockback. The first strike doesn't cause knockback but causes hitstun that must be followed up by the second strike to cause it. If a person gets hit by the first one but not the second one, it does medium knockback.

Usmash: Saladin takes out his lance and stabs it multiple times in rapid succession upwards at a slight angle in front of him. It lasts for a while, making airdodging around it unadvisable. The range upwards is as high as Lucas' Usmash but the horizontal range is fairly low (no Snake utilt horizontal range for you). The player getting hit with it can DI out of it in certain cases, and in order to get the full knockback the player caught inside the lance stabs should be hit with as many of them as possible (3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2) Medium-heavy knockback but higher knockback than Utilt.

Dsmash: Saladin takes out his lance and stabs it diagonal down at the foe's legs foward using the range of his lance. Then he pulls his lance toward him and grabs the front end of his lance (not the pointy part though) then thrusts the butt part of the lance at the foes behind him. The first attack causes slashing damage, the second attack behind him causes battering damage. Due to the long range of this attack, it is somewhat slow and has low priority. (16 forward, 14 backward). This causes medium-heavy knockback but slightly lower knockback for getting hit with the back part of the lance.

Air moves:

NAir: Saladin spins around horizontally swinging his shield and causing a shield bash. It has moderate long range, but low priority. Best used as a defensive move against other airborne combatants. (10) Medium knockback.

FAir: He swings his sword forward in the air downward once. (10) Medium knockback.

BAir: He kicks backward in a sex kick. (9) Medium knockback.

UAir: He swings his sword upwards in a half circle. He doesn't flip around when doing it because he's not acrobatic. (9) Medium knockback. Not so much a KO move but it can be at higher percents.

DAir: Saladin pulls out his lance and stabs its it straight downward once as a single attack. (13) Medium knockback. It has quite a long extended downward hitbox. It can spike/meteor smash but the spike isn't too powerful and thus can be meteor cancelled easily.

Grabs:

A button: Bashes the opponent with the hilt of his sword while holding him. (3) Slow rate of hitting.

Fthrow: Saladin stabs his sword through the opponent then pulls it out again. (7) Low-medium knockback.

Uthrow: Saladin throws his opponent up (6). Low-medium knockback.

Dthrow: He lets go of his opponent then bashes his opponent doward with his shield then stabs his sword into them then knockback occurs. (3, 5) Low knockback.

B Specials:

NeutralB:
Ayyubid then later Mamluk archers were amongst the best in the world. Their Mamluks, who were akin to knights in medieval Europe but instead where slave warriors who converted to Islam and taken from non-Arab regions, were some of the finest archers and horse archers in history. The Mamluks were even better than the Mongols in archery, and defeated them in the battle of Ain Jalut in 1260 in Palestine. And as such, Saladin who created the empire that would be the basis of the later Mamluk Dynasty would inherit this great propensity for top-level archery the world has ever seen.

Saladin takes out his powerful recurve bow from his back, and loads it and fires almost instantly the moment he loads it. His refire rate is about the same as Pit's arrows. Each arrow does 4 damage if rapid fired, then up to 11 with medium knockback if fully charged which takes not so long. It is nice and spammy and great for new players to use, but it does have considerable after lag when he has to put it away. The prelag to take the bow out is not as long as the afterlag but still is a little long. The arrows tragetory is perfectly straight and has unlimited range. The rapid shot arrow causes very little knockback.

UpB: Saladin takes his lance and uses it as a vaulting pole to gain distance in an arc like tragetory. It can be used in the air, yes. Whoever is at the bottom getting hit by the lance gets hit with 4 damage and low knockback.

SideB:
Saladin is also a good horseman too. He gets on his horse and gets his lance out and the horse starts running (or moving forward in the air). He has new options on his horse, but he also must be careful as well.

When Saladin is on his horse, press the A button when the horse is moving forward to stab his lance forward. Getting hit by the lance by a charging horse causes 22 damage and causes a very powerful horizontal knockback that can kill most characters at low percentages. The attack also comes out fast too, and afterlag is not so bad but it probably won't matter since it's hard to punish with a ground move since he probably past you already. The typical Arab fashion of lancer cavalry was to hit then then run then charge and hit again. Doing a melee was a very bad option. The range of the lance as he charges forward is fairly long but not too long, but a good player can easily see this attack coming. It has somewhat low priority though. The horse can trample even if Saladin does not hit you with his lance, and the horse causes 4 damage if it tramples you and knocks you upward slightly so you will go up and fall behind the horse if it tramples you.

If Saladin is standing still on his horse (which he should NEVER do), he instantly switches to his sword then does a downard slash causing 14 damage and low-medium knockback. However, you're not using the horse to your full extent if you do this.

Saladin can also make his horse jump (notice he CANNOT make his horse jump if he mounts his horse while airborne), and also perform a midair lance stab.

You CANNOT shield when you are on a horse or roll either. You are vulnerable on a horse, but you CAN spot dodge and it is good to do so. However, you gain some super armor frames for weak attacks, but if you get struck by a strong air attack or smash, you will fly off your horse. You take the knockback of the attack, but when you land on the ground when getting knocked off your horse, you also suffer a shieldbreak like effect but for about half the time of a real one. You get punished big if you get hit hard on a horse, putting much on offense but also risking defense for it.

Dismount the horse by pressing the B button at any time. If you do this in mid air, you'll just fall and cannot double jump.

DownB:

Saladin takes out a pot of Naptha and lights it, then throws it on the ground infront of him. It pot breaks and releases a pillar of fire that is similar to Ness' PK Fire that can be used to trap opponents or as a defensive barrier. It causes the same effect that Ness' PK Fire does to opponents. It is not a ranged attack and Saladin throws it only in front of his feet very close to him. (2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2) It does barely any knockback at all and is useful for getting a free hit on an opponent or keeping an opponent away as a fire barrier. The prelag for Saladin taking out and lighting the Naptha pot and throwing it and his feet is somewhat high to prevent him spamming the move abusively but the post lag is slight but enough to get a free Fsmash on an opponent if he doesn't DI out of the fire before Saladin hits him.

FS:

Saladin takes out a horn and blows on it, then he gets on his horse then rides away. This signals his Ayyubid Mamluk cavalry to come charging down. The whole stage slows down similar to Marth's FS then heavy armored Mamluk cavalry, clad in mail and llamelar with lances, comes charging across the stage rather fast. The line of charging cavalry is long so you have to double jump and recover at the right time in order not to fall down on the charging horses, and land behind them. It does less knockback than Marth's FS but still can easily kill you even at lower percents. Then Saladin at the end returns on his horse to the battle field.

Taunts:
-Saladin says to you "You are a very honorable adverasy, infidel."
-Saladin swings his sword in a circle then puts it up and leans his head upon the flat part of his blade while closing his eyes, in an almost knightly fashion
-Saladin bangs the flat part of his sword against his shield and shouts a war cry

Idle stance: Saladin twists his sword hand a bit to let loose any tension before going back into battle.

Stage:
-Saladin's stage would take place in a rocky and sandy but scenic part of Outremer (modern day Israel) with mountains in the background and the sun setting off in the distance. It would look similar to this background, which is of a scene in the Negev Desert in southern Israel.

Win pose:
Saladin bows down and says "Give praise be to Allah for this victory"
Saladin crosses his arms and says "You fought well today, infidel"

Music:
Saladin's music would be an Arabic type of music that some of them are both upbeat and battle, and others are more serene sounds of the desert and the Islamic call to prayer type music. Amongst the music would also be Christian music that sounds like an old style church and horns and trumpets for a move medieval knightly fare.

Symbol:
Saladin's symbol should be of the Ayyubid bird which was apart of his flag of the Ayyubid Sultanate.
The bird looks similar to Egypt's flag's bird.

This is how Saladin's sword looked like in the movie Kingdom of Heaven, which I think tried to replicate how it really looked in real life.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Sir Kibble

I decided since I had one Kirby submission left before I reached three (since that's still the character universe limit, right?), I might as well make it my usernamesake. :) This one was a lot of fun to make.

SIR KIBBLE

Sir Kibble is a knight from Dream Land and a common enemy to Kirby. No one has ever seen his face, so for all we know, he’s a hollow suit of armor with arms and legs. He throws boomerangs to attack. The boomerang attached to the top of his armor is supposedly the one he uses for at least some attacks, but it remains on his head even after he attacks, and he never seems to run out of boomerangs. When swallowed, Sir Kibble grants Kirby the “Cutter” ability, allowing him to use a wide variety of boomerang attacks. Sir Kibble was also featured in Kirby Super Star as the Helper character for the Cutter ability. As a Helper, Sir Kibble’s armor was gold, as seen in the picture above. Enemy Sir Kibbles wear either bronze or silver armor.

Stats
Size: Small ~ About Kirby’s size.
Weight: Mid
Jump1: Mid
Jump2: Mid
FallSpeed: Mid
Speed: Mid
Power: Mid
Crouch: Mid-High ~ Sir Kibble just clamps his helmet shut, so it doesn't reduce his height much.
Jumps: 2
Wall-Kick: No
Wall-Cling: No
Glide: No

Standard Attacks
Standing A -- Cutter Combo -- Pressing A repeatedly (or holding it) will cause Sir Kibble to pull off the boomerang on top of his armor, and 1) slash sideways with it, then 2) slash back the other way with it, then 3) slash upward with it. Similar to Meta Knight’s Side Tilt combo, but slightly slower. Does about the same damage, too.

Side-Tilt A -- Punch -- Sir Kibble punches forward. Short range. 3% damage.

Up-Tilt A -- Cutter Headbutt -- Sir Kibble performs a short jump, cutting at enemies above him with the boomerang on his helmet. Short range. 5% damage.

Down-Tilt A -- Kick -- Sir Kibble kicks along the ground. Medium-short range. 4% damage.

Running A -- Cutter Slide -- Sir Kibble slides a short distance on his front, so that his helmet boomerang is pointed forward. Medium range. 7% damage.

Smash Attacks
Side Smash -- Slash -- Sir Kibble grabs the boomerang on his helmet, then slashes it down in front of him. This move has a short starting lag, while he grabs the boomerang. Medium-short range. 13% damage uncharged. 20% charged.

Up Smash -- Blender -- Sir Kibble jumps and spins around rapidly horizontally. The cutter on his head does multi-hit damage, holding enemies, similar to Sonic’s Up Smash. Short range. 14% damage uncharged. 22% charged.

Down Smash -- Spin Slash -- Sir Kibble lays on his side, then spins around, cutting at opponents near him, both in the front and in the back. Medium-short range. 10% damage uncharged. 18% charged.

Air Attacks
Neutral Air -- Cut -- Sir Kibble holds his boomerang out in front of him, as a sort of "sex kick." Medium range. 6% damage.

Up Air -- Flip Kick -- Sir Kibble flips and kicks upward. Medium-short range. 7% damage.

Down Air -- Cutter Drop -- A stall-then-fall. Sir Kibble stops, holds his boomerang out in front of him, then descends quickly at a slight angle (like Sonic or ZSS), damaging opponents that are hit by the boomerang. 7% damage.

Forward Air -- Short Cutter Toss -- Sir Kibble throws his boomerang forward a short distance, then catches it as it returns. Takes longer than most Forward Air moves. Medium-long range. 6% damage.

Backward Air -- Back Kick -- Sir Kibble kicks one leg behind him. Medium-short range. 7% damage.

Grab/Throw Attacks
Grab: Normal, no extension.

Pummel: Headbutt -- Sir Kibble headbutts, hitting opponents with his helmet-boomerang.

Forward Throw -- Boomer-ride -- Sir Kibble throws his boomerang forward, carrying his victim on it, then throwing them forward when it turns around to return. A strong throw, but it has some ending lag while Sir Kibble catches the boomerang. 10% damage.

Backward Throw -- Back Toss -- Sir Kibble bends backward, throwing his opponent over his head. 7% damage.

Up Throw -- Overhead Cutter -- Sir Kibble tosses his opponent over his head, then throws his boomerang at them. Comparable to Link’s Up Throw. 9% damage.

Down Throw -- Slam Chop -- Sir Kibble tosses his opponent to the ground, then jumps on them headfirst, digging his boomerang into them. 9% damage.

Ledge Moves
Get Up (Under 100%): Sir Kibble climbs up quickly.
Get Up (Over 100%): Sir Kibble slowly crawls up.

Attack (Under 100%): Sir Kibble jumps up and headbutts forward, hitting with his boomerang.
Attack (Over 100%): Sir Kibble pulls off his boomerang while climbing up, then strikes with it and returns it to his helmet.

Dodge (Under 100%): Sir Kibble jumps up and rolls forward.
Dodge (Over 100%): Sir Kibble crawls up slowly, then rolls forward.

Jump (Under 100%): Sir Kibble jumps up quickly, then jumps into the air.
Jump (Over 100%): Sir Kibble crawls up, then weakly jumps.

Miscellaneous Animations
Dizzy: Sir Kibble falls on his backside, obviously dazed.

Sleep: Sir Kibble’s helmet closes, and he rests peacefully, with his limbs limp, but still standing.

Sidestep Dodge: Sir Kibble spins to the side.

Forward Rolling Dodge: Same as Kirby’s.

Backward Rolling Dodge: Same as Kirby’s.

Air Dodge: Sir Kibble spins to the side, avoiding damage.

Special Attacks
Standard B -- Boomerang Toss -- Sir Kibble throws a boomerang forward, about the distance of Link’s boomerang if not smashed. The boomerang travels straight horizontally, then returns horizontally as well. If the boomerang hits Sir Kibble on its return, he will catch it. If not, it will continue in its horizontal path, damaging the first opponent it hits. If the boomerang hits on its way forward, it will continue going. If it is going backward when it hits, it will stop. It will also stop if it hits a wall going backward. The boomerang will pick up speed as it flies backward, and the damage is based on its speed, ranging from about 3% to 10%. There is no limit to the number that can be present at a time.

Side B -- Cutter Rush -- Sir Kibble holds his boomerang above his head, then rushes forward, slashing at opponents. This move is similar to Ike’s, but with a few notable differences. Sir Kibble’s Rush is still chargeable, but the charge cannot be held once it reaches full power (similar to a Smash Attack, in that respect). Sir Kibble’s distance covered is about three-fourths that of Ike, but Sir Kibble always covers the full distance, slashing along the way at any point where he meets an opponent or a box/barrel. Damage varies with the charge, from about 5% uncharged to 12% if fully charged. Both distance and damage are affected by charging.

Up B -- Final Cutter -- Similar to Kirby’s, but with the following differences. Sir Kibble’s ascent is slower, but more powerful. Pressing B at or near the peak of his ascent will cancel the drop, similar to D3’s. On the descent, Sir Kibble is still considerably slower than Kirby, and he holds his boomerang above his head, and does not do damage to anyone he hits. However, upon striking the ground, he releases a burst of energy like Kirby’s, but it is slightly taller vertically, travels twice as far, does twice the damage, and has slightly stronger knockback. He also suffers a short lag while the energy burst starts to travel.

Down B -- Cutter Shield -- This move has a startup lag of about 2 seconds. Sir Kibble tosses a boomerang such that it begins revolving around him. This boomerang will spin around him for as long as the button is held. Sir Kibble is unable to move or perform other attacks while the shield is up. The cutter shield is about one-third the radius of a Smart Bomb, and will damage minimally any opponents who touch it. It will negate any physical attacks that hit it, but will only deflect one projectile. Physical attacks will, however, slow the revolution of the boomerang, and if it is slowed enough (would take about 30% damage at one time), the effect is the same as follows for projectiles. It will speed up again as time goes on (using the 30% idea, about 5% per second). When a projectile strikes the shield, the boomerang will fly off in the direction of the projectile’s knockback, and Sir Kibble will suffer an ending lag of about 1 second. If the move is released manually, there is no lag, and the boomerang will automatically return to Sir Kibble.

Final Smash
Final Smash -- Hurricane Cutter -- Sir Kibble stretches his arms out, and a flurry of boomerangs surrounds him. Their radius is about that of a Smart Bomb, and they hold and damage all opponents they hit, pulling them closer and closer to Sir Kibble the longer the move persists. After about 5 seconds (enemies held for the full duration receive about 20% damage), Sir Kibble pulls off his helmet boomerang, and slashes it in a full circle around him, as the finishing blow. This blow has high knockback, and does 20% damage, but it will only hit enemies who have been in the hurricane long enough to be pulled within its range. When Sir Kibble does this, four glowing white boomerang-like energy bursts also fly off in the four diagonal directions (for those who played Megaman X, think something like the upgraded version of the move you get from defeating Boomer Kuwanger). These boomerangs will fly straight through opponents, and will do 15% damage to anyone they hit, although their knockback is fairly low.

Taunts
Up Taunt -- Sir Kibble pulls the boomerang off his helmet, tosses it into the air, then catches it on his head again.

Down Taunt -- Sir Kibble pulls off the boomerang, then polishes it with his hand before placing it back on his helmet.

Side Taunt -- Sir Kibble jumps upside down, standing on his head, then spins around quickly before getting back up.

Items
None.

Stage
None.

Victory/Loss Poses
Up Victory Pose -- Sir Kibble throws two boomerangs in opposite directions, then jumps into the air, falls back down, and catches them both at the same time.

Side Victory Pose -- Sir Kibble is seen polishing his boomerang.

Down Victory Pose -- Sir Kibble falls from above the screen, slashing his boomerang toward the ground.

Loss Pose -- Sir Kibble stands and claps, similar to Meta Knight.

Extras
Symbol: Kirby star.

Kirby Hat: Kirby gets the top half of Sir Kibble’s armor.

Entrance: A spinning boomerang appears where Sir Kibble will be, spinning very fast. Suddenly, Sir Kibble appears (without the boomerang on his helmet) and grabs the boomerang, then places it on his helmet.

Colors: Color changes affect Sir Kibble’s armor. Gold (default), Silver, Bronze, Black, Red, Green, Blue.

Wii Remote Sound: The quick sound of a boomerang flying is heard.

SSE Role: Sir Kibble is initially aboard the Battleship Halberd as one of Meta Knight’s most faithful. When Meta Knight is distracted by King Dedede and the Halberd is taken by the G&W crew, Sir Kibble attempts to hold them off. Unfortunately, he is so outnumbered, the Game & Watches succeed in taking the ship, tying up Sir Kibble and throwing him in the corner to watch as they wreak their havoc. When Meta Knight, Snake, and Lucario dispose of the G&W crew, Meta Knight hurries over to untie Sir Kibble, who then joins the ones in the bridge for the fight against Duon.

To Unlock: Clear All-Star with Meta Knight on Hard difficulty.

Unlock Message: "Sir Kibble, Dream Land's famed boomerang-knight, has joined the Brawl!"

Solid Snake Codec Conversation
Snake: Colonel, who’s this miniature armored knight? I can’t even see his face!
Colonel: That’s Sir Kibble, Snake. No one’s ever seen his face. He’s a knight from Dream Land.
Snake: Like Meta Knight, huh?
Colonel: Somewhat, yes. Sir Kibble doesn’t wield a sword, though.
Snake: What, then? A lance? An axe? Whatever it is, it must be small; I don’t see a weapon anywhere…
Colonel: Actually, he uses razor-sharp boomerangs to attack.
Snake: You’re kidding… Where does he keep them? Inside that void of a head he’s got?
Colonel: Look closer, Snake, on top of his helmet. That’s no decoration you see there.
Snake: Armor and weapon in one, huh? Not a bad idea…

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
Cap'n Blubber

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*​

Description

Some might remember the good Captain from his appearances in Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie, as the blubbering pirate hippo who lost his treasure and his jet ski shop, respectively. A few might remember him for his voice, which consisted entirely of gut-shattering belches. And a good many probably don't remember him at all. But the days of being overshadowed by bear and bird alike are no more, because Cap'n Blubber has placed his massive foot in the Brawl arena, and this time, it'll be his scurvy opponents who'll be doin' the blubberin'!

To describe Cap'n Blubber, it must be understood first and foremost that he is a hippopotamus.

However, he is also a raider of the high seas.

In combat he makes the fullest use of both of these facets to his personality, resulting in a unique fighting style that embodies the legend that is Cap'n Blubber. As tall as Bowser he stands, and his hippo-sized girth causes him to weigh as much as well. In his round right fist, horned with ungulant nails, he clutches a short curved sabre, but in addition to swordfighting, his left hand is free for mano-a-hippo close-quarters fighting.

Cap'n Blubber is dressed in the attire of the true pirate he is. His puffy pants with their vertical red and white stripes are held in place by a wide, black leather belt (its bronze buckle properly swashed, of course), the whole of which is surmounted by his protuberant hippopotamus gut. A scabbard for his sabre is jammed into his belt on his left side. On his feet, he wears a pair of leather boots, and atop his head rests a black pirate hat unadorned by any emblem, but bordered on its edges by yellow. Cap'n Blubber goes shirt-less, the better to strike fear into his enemies.

Wikipedia Reference

Notes

Cap'n Blubber is a very heavy fighter, and his weight is matched by his running and attacking speed. However, his moves and movements reveal that he is much lighter on his feet than his bouncing stomach and overall hippo-ness would otherwise suggest. Blubber's traction is similarly top-notch. An accomplished swordfighter, his attacks with his trusty sabre are relatively quick and artful, but they lack the sheer power of the slower attacks which he puts his full weight into.

A Attacks

A Combo: Parry, Parry, Thrust

Blubber puts his left hand on his hip and repeatedly swings his sword at the enemy in a set pattern.

Dash A: Flying Hippo

Blubber throws himself into a flying leap forward, arms outstretched as he plummets toward a belly flop on the ground. Once he hits the ground he comes to a dead halt and laboriously picks himself up again.

> Tilt A: Hippo Fist

Blubber balls his left hand into a fist and throws a slow, but powerful punch at his enemy.

^ Tilt A: Sabre Slash Combo

Blubber sweeps his sabre in a circular arc over his head from left to right, and as the sword descends to its end position he follows up with a hip-hip-hooray-style punch straight upward. The initial cut has little launching power, but serves to set up an enemy to be clobbered by the ascending fist. This fate can be escaped fairly easily, however.

V Tilt A: Sabre Sweep

Blubber quickly sweeps his sabre along the ground in front of him, cutting opponents off at the ankles for fast, but low, damage and knockback.

> Smash A: Fancy Swordplay

Blubber assumes an attack stance and swings his sabre three times at enemies in front of him. None of the swings has much knockback, but if all three hits connect the damage can add up quickly.

^ Smash A: Blubber Breath

Blubber stifles a belch, then tilts his head back and exhales, mushrooming a small cloud of green gas into the air which quickly dissipates. Enemies who touch the cloud take five weak hits followed by one powerful hit, in a manner similar to Mewtwo’s up-smash. If the cloud dissipates before the final hit, it does not occur.

V Smash A: Hippo Hop

Blubber turns to face the players and makes a short hop into the air, creating a small shockwave on both sides as he lands. Players hit by the shockwave are lightly hit, but interrupted from attacking Blubber. If he hits them with his feet during the hop, however, they're sent flying. If this smash is fully charged, Blubber will hop three times in a row, but take longer to recover from the move.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral A: Hippo Kick

Blubber executes a quick sex kick with his stubby right foot.

> Tilt A: Blubber Gump Punch

Blubber rapidly pirhouettes once in midair, then again, spinning like a top. At the end of his second spin his fist flies out, using the momentum of the rotation to make the blow even more lethal. This attack is somewhat difficult to hit with, but it's easily his most powerful A attack. It also carries Blubber a short distance forward in the air while slowing his falling speed.

< Tilt A: Rump Rumpus

Blubber slams backwards with his enormous posterior, striking enemies behind him.

^ Tilt A: Rising Slash

Blubber swings his sabre over his head once, from front to back, while motoring his legs. This move causes him to briefly stall in the air.

V Tilt A: Descending Hippo

Blubber spreads his arms and legs and drops in a belly flop position, knocking away any he strikes from above. He falls even more quickly than normal when performing this attack, but if he hits the ground before pulling out of it he has to spend a little time peeling himself off of the turf.

B Attacks

Neutral B: Blubber Belch

Blubber tilts his head back, then leans forward and cuts loose a rip-snorting, eye-watering, paint-peeling belch. Enemies a medium distance from him are merely pushed away by the wind, but if an opponent is standing right next to him when this happens, they are damaged and hurled by the pungent aroma of rum, fermented grass and circus *******. Like Wario's Waft, the Blubber Belch gains in power the longer Blubber spends refraining from using it. A full charge takes 30 seconds to attain. Higher charges gain extra power and a wider radius of the damaging and non-damaging aspects of the attack.

Side B: Jet Ski

Blubber whips a jet ski out from behind himself and hops aboard. This is a vehicle, and acts much like Wario's Bike but for a few key differences. Since it is being used on land, the jet ski moves relatively slowly and throws a trail of sparks along the ground. It fires a constant jet of water a short distance out behind it, pushing away opponents to the rear. It can float on water, and moves faster when used that way to boot. Blubber can also jump once while riding the jet ski, but another jump will cause him to dismount in a backflip. During the jet ski jump, which is much higher than a normal jump and can be used to recover, Blubber invariably performs a Superman stunt to a hearty shout of WAH-HEY!

^ B: Jiggy Juggle

Blubber extracts from his voluminous striped pants one shining golden Jiggy and throws it straight upwards. The jigsaw piece follows a narrow arc and returns to Blubber after reaching its apex nearly two hippo-heights above his head. If Blubber moves away from his position, the Jiggy will attempt to follow him like Link's boomerang. He can only have one Jiggy in the air at a time.

V B: Treasure Toss

Blubber rummages in his abundant pocket and extracts a bar of his fabled gold bullion. This glittering booty acts as a throwable item, but it has a number of unique properties. Blubber's running speed is slowed by 25% while he holds his gold, and it takes as long as a trophy stand to throw at someone. This is all to offset its power, because being clocked by the treasure has similar power and knockback to being clocked by a broken Hammer head. Blubber can't perform this attack if he's already holding an item. If the treasure hits the ground, it will vanish like a Turnip.

Grabs and Throws

Grab: Salty Hippo Hold

Blubber thrusts forward with his meaty left fist and siezes his opponent by the shirt, holding them up in the air one-handed.

Running Grab: Salty Hippo Hold

Much the same as his standing grab, except Blubber takes a few steps forward as he performs the grab, extending its range.

Grab Attack: Knuckle Sandwich

Blubber hauls off with his sword hand and slugs the held enemy in the gut with the hilt of his sabre, to a warcry of HA-HEY!

> Throw: Cross Cut

Blubber releases his opponent and slashes at them horizontally with his sword in the same swift movement, sending them flying forward.

< Throw: Reverse Cross Cut

Blubber performs his Cross Cut attack while at the same time whirling to face backwards in one fluid motion. This throw turns Blubber around.

^ Throw: Blubber Chuck

Blubber lowers his opponent to the ground, hunched over, then swiftly leans back, tossing his opponent skyward one-handed.

V Throw: Blubber Press

Blubber tosses the enemy to the ground behind him, then leaps backwards and lands in a sitting position directly on top of the prone fighter, bouncing them straight upwards.

Final Smash

The Jinjonator

Since Cap'n Blubber is, in fact, a pirate captain, it stands to reason that he has a pirate crew. And so he does. Blubber glows with the Smash Ball's power as he puts thumb and forefinger in his mouth and summons his newly-recruited crew, four Jinjos, yellow, green, purple and orange, each wearing a hat in homage to the Cap'n. They fly in a spiral above his head and crash together, forming the terrifying blue Jinjonator! With a mighty bass cry of "JINJO" the Jinjonator picks a random opponent, performs a flip, and flies at high speed directly at them once before disappearing in a thunderclap.

Touching the smaller Jinjos deals a small amount of damage, but contact with the Jinjonator deals upwards of 30% damage and can KO a middleweight character at 70%. The charge is difficult to avoid due to its speed, but it is possible to air dodge it if timed precisely. The Jinjonator flies in a straight line and does not stop after hitting the intended target, so if several enemies are clustered together the attack can hit them all at once. The Jinjonator is not stopped by walls or floors. It knows no pain. It can smell fear.

Entrance

Blubber rides onto the field on a jet ski, then backflips off of it as it careens off screen.

Taunts

Up Taunt:

Blubber tilts his head back and yawns. A small bird flies from behind his head and briefly lands on one of his lower tusks before once again taking flight and flying away as he shuts his mouth again.

Side Taunt:

Blubber jumps up and down a few times, cheering.

Down Taunt:

Blubber puts his face in his hands and...well...blubbers.

Victory Poses

Victory Pose 1:

Blubber stands in the winner's circle, casually tossing a gold bar in the air and catching it with one hand. As he does this, he yawns.

Victory Pose 2:

Blubber rides onscreen on his jet ski, coming to a halt in the winner's circle. He faces the players, pumps one fist in the air and shouts "WAH-HEY!" as he's wont to do.

Victory Pose 3:

Blubber descends onto the screen riding a small ufo taken from Banjo-Tooie's amusement park. He pumps his fist in victory.

Kirby Hat

Kirby wears Blubber's fearsome black pirate hat. In addition, when he performs the Blubber Belch he displays a miniature set of Blubber's formidable tusks.

Snake Codec

bleep bleep

Snake: Colonel, what can you give me on this hippo?

Colonel: That's Captain Blubber, Snake. A notorious pirate, he's been a minor supporting character in the Banjo-Kazooie games. His presence here can only mean he's trying to get more of the limelight.

Snake Well, he doesn't look like much of a threat if I can stay out of his reach.

Colonel: Don't let his weight fool you, Snake. He may be fat, but he's still a hippopotamus and a pirate, which means he can bite an alligator in half and plunder a merchant ship at the same time. I hardly need to tell you the implications of this.

Snake: Colonel...are you high?

Colonel: ...

bzzt

Icon

Blubber shares his icon and victory theme with Banjo-Kazooie.

Alternate Colors

Color Change 1: Greyish-yellow skin, with black and yellow striped pants.

Color Change 2: Greyish-green skin, with black and green striped pants.

Color Change 3: Greyish-blue skin, with black and blue striped pants.

Color Change 4: Greyish-red skin, with black and red striped pants.

Alternate Costume

Peter Potamus

Aside from a costume change (dun business suit, sky blue shirt, red neck tie and yellow safari helmet) Blubber plays the same when dressed this way. The only difference is his side taunt, which causes him to hunch over, look shiftily in either direction and ask "Did you get that...thing...I sent you?"

Crowd Chant

Cap'n *BEEEELCH* Blubber! *BRAAAP*

** Indicates many, many belches in some sort of strange harmony.

Stage

Treasure Trove Cove

**Coming Soon**

Stage Music

Treasure Trove Cove - Banjo-Kazooie

Jolly Roger's Lagoon - Banjo-Tooie

Atlantis - Banjo-Tooie

Clanker's Cavern - Banjo-Kazooie

Rusty Bucket Bay - Banjo-Kazooie

Theme of Mr. Patch - Banjo-Tooie

Pirate Lagoon - Diddy Kong Racing

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Ivan

Yet another Golden Sun character emerges! Ivan, the Jupiter Adept, joins the Brawl!

IVAN

Ivan is a Jupiter Adept, meaning he uses Wind Psynergy (which includes wind attacks and lightning ones, as well as some unique abilities like the ability to read minds and an ability called Reveal that shows unseen doorways, items, etc.). Ivan joins Isaac and Garet in Golden Sun when his master, Master Hammet, has his rod stolen. Master Hammet leaves Vault, where it is stolen, leaving Ivan to find and recover it. Isaac and Garet assist Ivan in this, meanwhile Master Hammet is kidnapped in Lunpa. Being unable to return to his master, Ivan joins Isaac and Garet in their quest. In Brawl, Ivan attacks mainly with his staff and through Psynergy.

Stats
Size: Mid
Weight: Mid-Light
Jump1: Mid-High
Jump2: Mid
FallSpeed: Mid-Slow
RunSpeed: Mid-Fast
Power: Mid-Weak
Crouch: Mid
Jumps: 2
Wall-Kick: No
Wall-Cling: No
Glide: No

Standard Attacks
Standing A -- Staff Swing -- Ivan swings his staff in front of him. No combo. Medium range. 5% damage.

Side-Tilt A -- Staff Thrust -- Ivan thrusts his staff horizontally. Long range. 5% damage.

Up-Tilt A -- Staff Wave -- Ivan waves his staff quickly over his head. Medium range. 5% damage.

Down-Tilt A -- Staff Sweep -- Ivan sweeps his staff along the ground in front of him. Medium range. 5% damage.

Running A -- Staff Spin -- Ivan spins quickly in a circle, smacking forward with his staff afterward, so it has a bit of lag before the hit. Medium range. 7% damage.

Smash Attacks
Side Smash -- Jupiter Burst (Side) -- Ivan points his staff forward, and creates a burst of purple energy at its tip. Similar to Mario’s, but with a longer range. Medium-long range. 12% damage uncharged. 18% charged.

Up Smash -- Jupiter Burst (Up) -- Same as his Side Smash, but it is performed with him lifting his staff into the air, about the reach of Marth’s Up Smash. 12% damage uncharged. 18% charged.

Down Smash -- Jupiter Burst (Down) -- Ivan surrounds himself briefly in purple Wind Psynergy. Hits to both sides, not very far horizontally, but covers the full vertical distance of Ivan’s body. 10% damage uncharged. 16% charged.

Air Attacks
Neutral Air -- Jupiter Pulse -- Wind Psynergy quickly pulses through Ivan, damaging those who are touching him. (Think Mewtwo’s in Melee). Damage is variable.

Up Air -- Staff Twirl -- Similar to Pit’s, but Ivan only twirls his staff once, not a bazillion times, and does not deal multi-hit damage, only a single hit. Short range. 10% damage.

Down Air -- Wind Blast -- Ivan pauses where he is (like Lucario), and points his staff downward, creating a small burst of energy below him. Medium range. 8% damage.

Forward Air -- Double Smack -- Ivan swings his staff in front of him, one way, then the other. Medium range. 5% + 6% damage.

Backward Air -- Quick Swing -- Ivan swings his staff behind him very quickly. Medium range. 5% damage.

Grab/Throw Attacks
Grab: Normal grab. No extension.

Pummel: Smack -- Ivan smacks with his staff.

Forward Throw -- Gust (Forward) -- Ivan uses the Djinni, Gust, who uses a powerful gust to shoot his opponent forward. 10% damage.

Backward Throw -- Gust (Backward) -- Same as Forward Throw, but backward.

Up Throw -- Twister Shot -- Ivan summons a whirlwind that carries and throws his opponent upward. 9% damage.

Down Throw -- Jupiter’s Fury -- Ivan throws his opponent to the ground, where they are barraged by a flurry of purple energy bursts, seemingly from nowhere. 10% damage.

Ledge Moves
Get Up (Under 100%): Ivan jumps up quickly.
Get Up (Over 100%): Ivan crawls up slowly.

Attack (Under 100%): Ivan climbs up and swings his staff forward.
Attack (Over 100%): Ivan slowly climbs up and thrusts his staff forward.

Dodge (Under 100%): Ivan climbs up quickly and rolls forward.
Dodge (Over 100%): Ivan crawls up, then crawls along the ground.

Jump (Under 100%): Ivan summons a quick wind to shoot him into the air.
Jump (Over 100%): Ivan climbs up, then jumps.

Miscellaneous Animations
Dizzy: Ivan sways back and forth, clutching his staff for support.

Sleep: Ivan collapses, leaning on his staff.

Sidestep Dodge: Ivan throws his torso back, pulling his staff to the side.

Forward Rolling Dodge: Ivan rolls forward over his staff.

Backward Rolling Dodge: Ivan jumps backward, staff outstretched.

Air Dodge: Essentially the same as his sidestep.

Special Attacks
Standard B -- Mind Read -- Sadly, there’s no way to make a move to actually allow you to read your opponent’s mind, but here’s the next best thing. Ivan’s Mind Read has a similar range to Jigglypuff’s Sing, but Ivan can start and stop Mind Read as he pleases by pressing, holding, and releasing the B button. Any opponent hit by the waves Ivan emits during that time are set to a 0.5 second lag for all their attacks for the next 5 seconds. A lighter, semi-transparent version of the character’s will, however, act without lag, allowing you to see beforehand what your opponent will actually do half a second later. The fake character does no damage, and is strictly to allow you to see your opponent’s move before they do it. You cannot use this move on a character for 20 seconds after you've used it on them once, and you cannot hit them with it while they're under its effect to prolong it.

Side B -- Whirlwind -- Ivan shoots a whirlwind forward. It goes similar distance to Link’s boomerang when smashed. The whirlwind shoots straight forward, and picks up any characters, items, etc. that it hits, and then throws them directly horizontal when it finishes. Opponents cannot break the whirlwind’s grip. Because of it’s possibly devastating uses, it does little damage (about 4%). Items caught in the whirlwind will act as if thrown when the whirlwind throws them (pitfalls will bury, bumpers will set themselves, etc.). Characters caught in the whirlwind will be thrown a short time before the items, allowing them a brief period in which they can attempt to avoid the items. A few items will act differently when they are caught with a character in the whirlwind, as follows below the Special Attacks section.

Up B -- Zephyr -- Zephyr is a Djinni, one of the spirits of Jupiter. In Golden Sun, unleashing Zephyr boosts your characters’ agility. In Brawl, Zephyr gives Ivan an upward boost, useful for recovery. This move does no damage. This move is similar to Pikachu’s quick attack, with a couple differences. The initial jump is always directly upward. Holding either left or right during this will cause a second dash to be performed in that direction. The first dash is for the same distance as Quick Attack, but the second covers only half the distance. Ivan will disappear, as if teleporting, from each location to the next, so he will avoid things in between point A and point B.

Down B -- Plasma -- This move is fairly powerful, but suffers substantial starting and ending lag. After a start-up charging lag of about 1.5 seconds, Ivan uses Plasma, which creates a burst of Wind Psynergy around him that explodes outward. It’s somewhat like a Smart Bomb, but with about half the radius, and it reaches full radius much more quickly. It has similar damage and knockback to Pikachu’s thunder if it hits him. This move also has an ending lag of about 1 second.

Whirlwind Items Specifications
Lit Bob-ombs -- If a lit Bob-omb is caught with a character, the Bob-omb will explode as the whirlwind releases them. Damage and knockback are only taken from the Bob-omb.

Gooey Bombs -- If a Gooey Bomb is caught with a character (or characters), it will automatically attach to one of the characters.

Green Shells -- If a Green Shell is caught, it will do periodic damage to all characters caught in the whirlwind, until it is released. Damage is variable and depends on when the Green Shell enters the whirlwind.

Final Smash
Final Smash -- Procne -- Ivan summons Procne, a goddess in bird form. When Ivan summons her, a tornado is created in front of him, which catches opponents. The catch area is about the same as Ike’s initial swing for Great Aether. Enemies who are caught are held in the tornado, while Ivan disappears and Procne appears in his place. Procne proceeds to blast those caught in the tornado with three energy bursts, each doing 10% damage. A fourth and final blast destroys the tornado, does 20% damage, and sends opponents flying, similar to the final blow of Triforce Slash. At the finishing blow, Ivan reappears, and Procne vanishes.

Taunts
Up Taunt -- Ivan holds his staff toward the sky.

Down Taunt -- Ivan closes his eyes and concentrates, while Ivan’s cape is blown around him by the wind.

Side Taunt -- Ivan kneels down, on one knee, as if concentrating, and the spirit of Jupiter quickly swirls around him. (Google Image “Jupiter Djinn” to see what the spirit looks like).

Items
Oil Drop -- The Oil Drop is a throwing item. It’s about the size of a Deku Nut. When thrown, the Oil Drop will ignite on the first thing it hits, resulting in a burst and a pillar of flame (essentially like a throwable PK Fire 1).

Stage
None (yet).

Victory/Loss Poses
Up Victory Pose -- Ivan spreads his arms, and is lifted a short distance into the air, where he remains.

Side Victory Pose -- Ivan points his staff toward the right side of the screen, and a purple glow engulfs the end of it.

Down Victory Pose -- Ivan is seen kneeling next to a Jupiter Djinni, with whom he appears to be happily conversing.

Loss Pose -- Ivan stands and claps. Standard.

Extras
Symbol: A sunburst, as seen in the Golden Sun (not The Lost Age) logo behind the word “Sun.”

Kirby Hat: Kirby gains Ivan’s hair.

Entrance: A bolt of lightning crashes down, and Ivan appears on the spot.

Colors: Color changes affect all of Ivan’s clothing. Default, Green, Red, Blue, White, Black.

Wii Remote Sound: Ivan shouts (not altogether confidently) “I’m ready!”

SSE Role: As Pit and Mario make their way out of the Sea of Clouds, a whirlwind destroys the platform Mario is about to jump on, and he falls through the clouds to the ground, where he encounters Ivan, whose whirlwind it was that accidentally destroyed the platform. Believing Ivan to be his enemy, Mario takes action. Although Ivan realizes this is all a big misunderstanding, he has no choice but to face off against Mario, to avoid being trophified. The player then chooses who he or she will control in the battle. After the battle, Pit arrives on the scene. Pit realizes what has happened, and revives the fallen warrior. The three of them then continue on their way.

To Unlock: Obtain a total KO count of at least 1500.

Unlock Message: "Ivan, master of Jupiter's wind psynergy, has joined the Brawl!"

Solid Snake Codec Conversation
Snake: Colonel, who’s this kid with the magic staff?
Colonel: That’s Ivan, Snake. Ivan is a Jupiter Adept. That means he has the power to control elements such as wind and lightning.
Snake: So this kid is a magician?
Colonel: Essentially, yes. He also has the ability to read minds. If he uses his Mind Read ability on you, he’ll be able to see your moves before you actually perform them.
Snake: A magic mind-reader… Sounds like I’m in for a real treat…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom