• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0-Starts Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeoandReo

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking of something guys. I am thinking of, if there are pictures of characters as seen on HeoandReo's post by GreatClayMonkey on the first page, would you like to see me draw pictures of them fighting against other characters from this contest? I cannot draw super good so don't expect super top AAA quality characters, but still it seems fun if I upload those pictures unto Photobucket.

These pictures won't be super elaborate in detail so as I can do many of them of many 'battle' scenes of many different characters. I will try to do many if I can, and get around to do it, but I cannot promise to do every single character sorry :(

Please by all means if you want to make your own pictures, do so too. That saves me a lot of work :)

That way, you'll see something similar to Norm Abram vs Ginny Weasly (sp?) vs Altair vs Stephen Cobert in a picture. They'll usually be fighting each other, and their percents and name at the bottom too. They'll mostly be fighting in a very simply drawn Final Destination type stage.

It will look very amaturish I am sure, but hey still at least it'd look cool.

What do you think?

I just hope I can be able to do it for many characters. Maybe a few times a week until the contest is done. Or I hope to inspire others to do it as well.

Sweet. I'm all for it, if you wish to do so. D'you take requests? Even if not, though, I still think it would be a fun project.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I'm thinking of something guys. I am thinking of, if there are pictures of characters as seen on HeoandReo's post by GreatClayMonkey on the first page, would you like to see me draw pictures of them fighting against other characters from this contest? I cannot draw super good so don't expect super top AAA quality characters, but still it seems fun if I upload those pictures unto Photobucket.

These pictures won't be super elaborate in detail so as I can do many of them of many 'battle' scenes of many different characters. I will try to do many if I can, and get around to do it, but I cannot promise to do every single character sorry :(

Please by all means if you want to make your own pictures, do so too. That saves me a lot of work :)

That way, you'll see something similar to Norm Abram vs Ginny Weasly (sp?) vs Altair vs Stephen Cobert in a picture. They'll usually be fighting each other, and their percents and name at the bottom too. They'll mostly be fighting in a very simply drawn Final Destination type stage.

It will look very amaturish I am sure, but hey still at least it'd look cool.

What do you think?

I just hope I can be able to do it for many characters. Maybe a few times a week until the contest is done. Or I hope to inspire others to do it as well.
I am Commander Blitzkrieg and I approve of this project.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
My name is IvoryFlame...and you have my approval, Kiki52.

If you take requests, I have some doozies perculating in my head this very instant.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'm SirKibble, and, like everyone else, I approve the project. :p

But I'll probably just leave all the requests to the others.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone who approved of my project.

Thank you very much for your support. I can take requests for drawings and will try to as best as I can. However, if I get requests from 100s of people, it only seems realistic I can only do one at a time and the ones I think would be the most interesting.

As I said, I am not a professional drawer. I am not horrible, but these aren't gonna be super awesomely detailed pictures. They'll most likely be drawn with pencil.

I got this idea when I was going on a plane trip back from Israel to home in the USA, I got the idea to pass the 10 hour long plane ride by drawing a Super Smash Bros related picture on a piece of paper. I can upload it later for all of you to see, it had a lot of people like Krystal, Micaiah, Isaac, Master Chief, Paula, Sukapon, K Rool, Takamaru, Geno, Maria, Altair, Mewtwo etc.

The time it takes for me to come out with pictures could vary. This is 4th of July week so I may or may not get to create one or two now. I like a lot of ideas of characters on the forum, and lots of them prove interesting so I'd like to draw them.

I'd also like it if other people can join in on the fun and draw characters and take requests besides me. It will save me some work and I won't feel overwhelmed then :)
If you'd like to draw too, please inform everyone you'd like to do it too.

If you'd like to make a request, you can do it in two ways.

1) You can post it on this forum of what you'd like to see. This way, I can read it but so can anyone else, and the point of it is that if someone wants to draw that picture they can do so. It will save me a lot of work.

2) You can PM me or another drawer about your request.

Some requests I have for suggestions:

1) Character drawing requests can have from 2 to 6 characters on screen.
2) You can ask for a different stage but the most easiest to draw are Final Destination and Battlefield without the background.
3) Please include a short description of your character to help me or another make a moveset and tell the name of that character.
4) In order for that character to be drawn, they have to be already an entry in this current Make Your Move 2.0-Make a Brawl Character. I cannot draw something that doesn't have an entry.
5) Next, please tell who you want your character to fight and who'll be in it (2 to 5 other characters from this contest), and what your character's action should be (they have to be an actual move from your moveset).
6) I might not know the movie or TV show or game that your character may come from so I hope you're not offended if I either make mistakes or cannot do certain characters performing certain actions. But I'll try my best.
7) Please take it easy on me :) I can't pump out pictures like a machine like 5 a week. A healthy pattern would be anywhere from 1 to 4 pictures a week. There may be some weeks when if something happens or I am busy, I might not be able to do any pictures at all so please understand. That is why I'd request other people who like drawing to do some too if they'd like, so we can keep this thread awesome without overburdening anyone.

Thank you

@Commander Blitzkrieg

The Norm Abram moveset is great. Very inventive, we need more strange movesets that make little sense. I like original characters, I've seen great ones like Stephen Colbert and Ginny Weasly and HP Lovecraft.

BronzeBlade7

Smash Apprentice
Who me..y'know...that place. with the people. wher
like everyone else, i support kiki52, but would like to make a suggestion.
when doing this you should take numerous pages of paper and draw stages on them.
then, as people ask for characters make the drawing of them separate from the final project.
then use your computer to combine the images. this is useful because, when your done, you still have separate pics to reuse, therefore you don't have to draw the same people and places over/and over/and over. so your work will get done faster and more efficient as you go.
I use this method, and i must say it's working out great!

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
like everyone else, i support kiki52, but would like to make a suggestion.
when doing this you should take numerous pages of paper and draw stages on them.
then, as people ask for characters make the drawing of them separate from the final project.
then use your computer to combine the images. this is useful because, when your done, you still have separate pics to reuse, therefore you don't have to draw the same people and places over/and over/and over. so your work will get done faster and more efficient as you go.
I use this method, and i must say it's working out great!
How do you do that? Does it require some very high end expensive Photoshop software?
I don't think I have any powerful programs on the computer. I only have a scanner, that is pretty much it.

What program do you use to do it?

Is there a legal freeware program that allows you to combine images? When draw, I use a normal blank sheet of paper. I will see if I can find some cheap pure plain white sheet of paper to draw on.

BronzeBlade7

Smash Apprentice
How do you do that? Does it require some very high end expensive Photoshop software?
I don't think I have any powerful programs on the computer. I only have a scanner, that is pretty much it.

What program do you use to do it?

Is there a legal freeware program that allows you to combine images? When draw, I use a normal blank sheet of paper. I will see if I can find some cheap pure plain white sheet of paper to draw on.
no no, take it easy dude. i only use MS paint and a **** load of patience. do you have MS paint?

peeup

Smash Lord
No Sluggo representation? That's all I find bad, other than Mr. Hands helping Mr. Bill. Mr. Hands should be Mr. Bill's Master Hand.
lol I've never actually seen a Mr. Bill sketch save for some stuff on Youtube. I saw him in a master card commercial, I searched some videos of him, and I posted a moveset based on him getting hurt. I don't really know who sluggo is, and I couldnt think of a recovery. I was toying with the idea of him throwing his arm upward, but I was tired of copying moves from other characters.

BronzeBlade7

Smash Apprentice
lol I've never actually seen a Mr. Bill sketch save for some stuff on Youtube. I saw him in a master card commercial, I searched some videos of him, and I posted a moveset based on him getting hurt. I don't really know who sluggo is, and I couldnt think of a recovery. I was toying with the idea of him throwing his arm upward, but I was tired of copying moves from other characters.
yea. i only know him from that commercial as well. my mom says he was on SNL, but i thought she was kidding until now.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
no no, take it easy dude. i only use MS paint and a **** load of patience. do you have MS paint?
Yes I have MS paint. I think it'd be a great idea if you can draw a character and have the surrounding space be a transparency so it can fit right in with the stage.

How do you do it in MS paint?

BronzeBlade7

Smash Apprentice
Yes I have MS paint. I think it'd be a great idea if you can draw a character and have the surrounding space be a transparency so it can fit right in with the stage.

scan the image to MS paint.
make the background a random color of your choice. (not black OR white)
now color in the outline and static until all you have is the picture.
then SAVE (SAVE SAVE SAVE!! I cant stress this enough)
It is a pain in the ***, but you only have to do it once per this, and it really pays of.
then you just select paste from to get your stage. next select paste from and get your characters, and move them around until yolu have your scene.
I will be happy to assist you in any way. but im afraid i can only draw anime.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice

Paint has a transparent color, which is white, but unfortunately, scanning images with paper results in a huge number of colors which are really close to white, but not exactly white, which means you have to painstakingly replace each un-white pixel with a white pixel. I've worked with this sort of transfer many times, and it's a pain, especially if you want to color in a scan.

What I'd do is make a set of stage background drawings, and then make copies of them, and then draw the fight scenes on the paper stage copies, and then scan them in. Very low-hassle there.

BronzeBlade7

Smash Apprentice
Paint has a transparent color, which is white, but unfortunately, scanning images with paper results in a huge number of colors which are really close to white, but not exactly white, which means you have to painstakingly replace each un-white pixel with a white pixel. I've worked with this sort of transfer many times, and it's a pain, especially if you want to color in a scan.

What I'd do is make a set of stage background drawings, and then make copies of them, and then draw the fight scenes on the paper stage copies, and then scan them in. Very low-hassle there.
correct, and agreed. but then you would have to draw darker then the stage in order for the people to show up.
but by right clicking any color on the spectrum, you can make it transparent. white is just the default, and by far the easiest.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
correct, and agreed. but then you would have to draw darker then the stage in order for the people to show up.
but by right clicking any color on the spectrum, you can make it transparent. white is just the default, and by far the easiest.
White gouache and colored pencil are opaque, especially the gouache (but it's expensive), so you could use those two media.

D

Deleted member

I don't really know who sluggo is, and I couldnt think of a recovery. I was toying with the idea of him throwing his arm upward, but I was tired of copying moves from other characters.
You could use a cannon from "Mr. Bill Goes to the Circus" as his recovery.

As for who Sluggo is, Sluggo is basically Mr. Bill's archenemy. He's a blue guy who loves nothing more than torturing Mr. Bill and his friends.

BronzeBlade7

Smash Apprentice

AAAAY! Fonzie's impeccable coolness enters the fray!

Stats. (*/5)
Size: 3.5
Power: 4
Speed: 5
Jump: 3.3
Range: 2
Weight: 2.5

Tilts
A- lands a small punch
Side A- lands a small kick
Up A- lands an uppercut
Down A- Stomps the ground
Dashing A- Slides on his knees, while rapidly punching

Smashes
Forward- Throws back a powerful punch
Upward- Quickly stands on his hands, kicks the air, and flips back to normal.
Down- Harshly stomps the ground

Aerials
Neutral- Spreads his limbs, hurting anything that touches him
Forward- shoves opponent
Backward- shoves opponent
Up- lands a punch
Down- stomps back to earth

Throws
Grab- Grabs you with one hand, and give a thumbs up with the other
Forward throw- lightly tosses foe in the air, then kicks in direction he is facing
Backward throw- harshly throws the foe behind him
Up throw- jumps into the air, and flings the opponent to the sky
Down throw: tosses foe to the ground, then simply walks over the foe

Specials-
B: Sunglasses Toss
Throws sunglasses at foe(s). Deals little damage, but is a very fast attack with almost no lag.

Side B: Fonz Chopper
Jumps on his motorcycle and rips through the stage. Unlike Wario's bike, the bike will dissapear if he gets hit.

Up B: AAY Jump
Leaps into the air. If comes in contact with foe, he will grab them and throw them while saying, "AAY!"

Down B: Jukebox
Hits jukebox, and turns it on. the sound waves will hurt the foe. (if you quickly move while music plays, the jukebox will stay there and continue to play)

Final Smash: Record Player
A giant record player falls from the sky and lands on the field. The record player turns on and starts playing the Happy Days theme song, sucking any enemies to the middle of it. If someone happens to come into contact with the needle of the record machine, they will go flying, taking major damage.'

Other
Entrance- A random door will be kicked open, and he will be standing there will thumbs up

Taunt 1: "AAAAAAYYYY!"
Taunt 2: Two beautiful girls show up next to him, he says: "WHOA!!"
Taunt 3: He say: Im not gonna lo-lo-lo-l-l-....."

Victory pose 1: "AAAAAAY!!"
Victory pose 2: revs bike engine
Victory pose 3: says "I TOLD you i would not lo-lo-lo-ll....."

music- Happy Days Theme Song

Snake Codec:
Snake: Uh, Colonel, where am I?
Colonel: I am not entirly sure, Im not picking up your signal.
Snake: Hold on, I will just ask this guy. Hello, sir?
Fonz: AAAAYY!!
Snake: Uh..right. Can you tell me where I am.
Fonz: Heh, your in America, buddy!
Snake: Well, yes, I know that, but be more specific.
Fonz: Hey, buddy, you got any t-shirts? Or do you always wear that?
Snake: ...are there any smarter people here I can talk to.
Fonz: No, not in Milwaukee.
Snake: THANK YOU! THAT ALL I WANTED TO KNOW! *walks away*
Fonz: Why does he care about our education?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
THIS MOVESET HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN FROM THE CONTEST

Dr. Nitrus Brio! Cortex's former partner, now sworn enemy!

Stats (Out of 5)
Power: 3
Speed: 2.5
Weight: 3
Jump: 4
Range: 3.5
Size: 3

Brio is an overall average character in terms of speed and power, but his amazing jumping makes him rather good in the air. He relies on technology and chemicals for most of his attacks.

Tilts
A: A weak punch, then a backhand.
Forward Tilt: Fires his laser gun.
Up Tilt: Fires his laser gun upward.
Down Tilt: Fires his laser gun at the floor
Dashing A: Tosses 3 chemical-filled beakers a short way forward.

Smashes
Forward Smash: Smashes a chemical-filled beaker on the opponent.
Up Smash: Pulls out two beakers, which he mixes. A Greenish explosion comes out of the top. Has a lot of startup lag, but it very powerful.
Down Smash: Pulls out two beakers and smashes them to the ground.

Aerials
Neutral Air: Fires his laser gun in front and behind him.
Forward Air: Swings a beaker forward.
Up Air: Splashes some chemicals into the air.
Down Air: Fires his laser gun downward.

Throws:
Grabbing A: Smashes a beaker onto the opponent's head.
Forward Throw: Turns them around, then fires his laser gun at them.
Back Throw: Spins to the other side of the enemy, then bashes them with a beaker.
Up Throw: Sets a beaker on the ground. He then tosses the enemy over the beaker. The beaker then lets loose a green explosion.
Down Throw: Slams them down, then pours chemicals on them.

Specials

B: Exploding Beaker
Brio pulls out a beaker filled with red chemicals and tosses it. It explodes when it hits the ground. The beakers travel in an arc.

Side B: Laser Gun
Brio fires three blue shots from his laser gun. They travel fairly quick, and have limited homing capabilities.

Up B: Slime Wire
Brio tosses a Green beaker to the edge. It explodes, and a slime ball appears. It stretches out and reaches for Brio. It's sort of a reverse tether recovery. If used on the ground, Brio will toss the beaker upward. When it lands, the Slime Ball will stretch into the air.

Down B: Slime Attack
Brio slams a Green Beaker to the ground. A slime monster comes out and attacks the nearest enemy.

Final Smash: Transform
Brio mixes two chemicals together, and then drinks the mixture. Brio then transform into his Frog form, from Twinsanity. He bounces around and slams enemies. Brio reverts to normal after about 30 seconds.

Other

Taunt 1: Says, "Interesting!" And laughs.
Taunt 2: Says, "See? I t-t-t-t-TOLD you I'd win!"
Taunt 3: Tosses a beaker a small ways up and catches it,

Victory Pose 1: Has red beakers on the ground around him. He then shoots one with his laser gun, and they all explode.
Victory Pose 2: Drinks chemicals, and transforms into his Monster Form from the original CRash Bandicoot. He beats his chest and roars.
Victory Pose 3: Slams Green Beakers everywhere. The slime balls come out and start jumping around him.
Losing Pose: Is facing down, shaking his head.
Victory Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0RKS0L8ZD0

Standard Pose: His basic pose from Crash Bash.

Idle Pose: Pulls out two beakers and starts to mix them.

Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbP26SPr8DA

Subspace Role: N. Brio, learning that Cortex has teamed with Subspace, goes to try to screw up their plot. He doesn't really care about any of the other Subspace Leaders, he just wants to get revenge on Cortex.

And as always, FEEDBACK PLEASE!

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
I have two questions.

What about the forbidden 7? Can we do them?

Also, there are already like 11 pokemon in this contest, so I'm just gonna assume that they're exempt from the 3 to a universe rule.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
How strict are we on the "three characters per universe" rule? I'd really like to do another Kirby one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom