• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Happy Mask Salesman's Happy Picture and Texture Shop! (undergoing changes)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
The picture of Zelda and Peach next to each other while fighting Petey Pirahna (While Petey has Zelda and Peach in his cages) was the snapshot today. I thought I was going crazy...:urg:

(Picture found on Page 8, near the bottom)

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Heartless Prince of Light, you're a genius, and I want to be your princess :B Kidding, we never talk and that would be creepy as heck.

High heels were hot, yet, but they'd be impractical. I think the boots are better...though heeled boots would be the best of both worlds, and are very sexy in themselves.

EDIT: Also you, I wanttofly. You're awesome, too.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, they really were...I wonder why didn't they give her heeled boots in Brawl?

;~;
Aw, I miss those shoes. Much much prettier than the big boots she wears in Brawl. Even though they are a bit inappropriate for fighting she should've worn those in Brawl too. I mean why can Peach run around in high heels and not Zelda?:ohwell:

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Aw, I miss those shoes. Much much prettier than the big boots she wears in Brawl. Even though they are a bit inappropriate for fighting she should've worn those in Brawl too. I mean why can Peach run around in high heels and not Zelda?:ohwell:
High heels of that style are fairly recents - 20s, 30s earliest. So they wouldn't exist in Zelda's world, which is way before the 20th century. Plus, the heels are hot and all, but I just don't think they're appropriate with the dress that would work in antiquity (emperor's daughter, anyone?). Plus, high heels are a flirty/femme-fatale thing, and Zelda is somber and elegant. I think the boots fit her better.

I wanna see the tights go too. Show me some legs, babe! But then we have to worry about the problem of underwears.

Heartless Prince Of Light

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Castle, staring at the Bridge Of Eldin
High heels of that style are fairly recents - 20s, 30s earliest. So they wouldn't exist in Zelda's world, which is way before the 20th century. Plus, the heels are hot and all, but I just don't think they're appropriate with the dress that would work in antiquity (emperor's daughter, anyone?). Plus, high heels are a flirty/femme-fatale thing, and Zelda is somber and elegant. I think the boots fit her better.

I wanna see the tights go too. Show me some legs, babe! But then we have to worry about the problem of underwears.
Actually, when you think about it, Peach's dress in Brawl is less floatier than in Melee, while Zelda's is more floatier and doesn't stick to her legs(god, I hated that...), and I think it has to do with the fact that Zelda wears those tights...I mean, she could fight with or without them, but like you said, she's somber and elegant, while Peach is bouncy and flirty(Peach Bomber!), so I think it would be for the best for our butt-kicking princess to wear her tights to kick butt!

Oh, I can bet anything that only about 3 people in this thread(myself included) know Princess Zelda's Full Name!

Wanna know it?

Andi

Smash Rookie
Hello, just wanted to say that I think this thread is killer, and that I have enjoyed the screen caps and captions, especially the stories. Perhaps I'll try my hand at it some time.

Smash Apprentice
Zelda Nohansen Hyrule!

I said this in the character nationalities thread and convinced someone that Zelda would be German if she came from earth.
Woohoo!
Someone knows it~!
Well, I figured it out after playing Wind Waker, where the King, Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, comes out and makes a wish on the Triforce.

I was like: OH MY GOD ZELDA NOHANSEN HYRULE!!!
I got so happy!

Now...I wonder what Peach's real name is...Peach Toadstool...that's it...

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I'm a little bored so I'm just going to post some random miscellaneous screenshots. Enjoy :D

TINY BOW!!

Andi

Smash Rookie
Is Fox holding an enormous club of death?!!? Where'd he get that from!?
I'm guessing that it is part of Zelda's hair, and an optical illusion likely resulting from Zelda being launched up off the screen and falling back down.
Indeed, it makes for a funny picture.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I'm guessing that it is part of Zelda's hair, and an optical illusion likely resulting from Zelda being launched up off the screen and falling back down.
Indeed, it makes for a funny picture.
I see this now, oh man it seriously still looks like a death club :laugh::laugh::laugh: Awesome pic!

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Since you have yet to delve into the black-magic technology involved in direct screen captures, I shall borrow your digital camera to show you something from Melee ... for contrast.

:scared: Ay caramba!!! I'll have to agree with Donkey Kong's assessment. Yowsers. Why don't you show this side of your personality more often?

His assessment? I do not understand, he never said a word ... and my personality? ... :confused: ... I can only say that thou must take great pleasure in leading me to confusion. :(
AHAHA. Wow those caps are hilarious. And wtf...her legs are slimmer in Melee. Her legs look better in Melee...and yeah, I want heels =/

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Peach got to keep her heels and skinny legs...

Zelda on the other hand...she looks like she gained some weight since Melee. lol.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
And the legs match closer to sheik's, Zelda's body actually looks like it could be sheik's with the change of clothes in this game.

Ijustwanttofly

Smash Cadet
Since the Melee pics seem to be so popular ... I put together a little comparison feature. :)

Well, I hope thou art satisfied ... now that the entire world can see every last detail of my legs ...

Oh, hey Zelda. It's just your legs. I was very careful to not allow anything embarassing to be in view. Well ... embarassing, by a normal person's definition. Pull yourself out of the Victorian era.

Hey! While you're here, caption this one!

Thou hast no idea what is in store for thee, foul knave.

Wow! That's awesome! Thanks, I knew you would come up with something cool.

... that comment was not intended for the picture, it was inteneded for YOU ...

Smash Apprentice

Zelda, are you ready?

Er...Ian...I am not so sure that your--

Nonsense, you'll look great, well, in my opinion, you've always looked beautiful, but now, more than ever!

*blushes* Er...Ian..it is not that...but...why purple?

I took a picture of you, and I recolored it on my computer, and it looked so beautiful, I had to make it a reality...

Well...thank, you, but...

Okay, sweetie, I'm ready!
Thanks, mom...Zelda...are you ready?

One second...have a look at my acting and tell me if it has improved.

Er...okay...

My love...he hath departed to another land...and...

Left me to die...by myself...

Beautiful, Zelda!

Th-thank you...*blushes*

Now then, Mom, are you ready?

All done!

Good...take good care of her, Mom, please...

I will, Ian, now go sit!

Yes, ma'am...

Now...let us undo the braid...

What?! No! you may be Ian's mother, but, please pardon me, I will not have this braid removed!

But you need to...

Nay! I refuse, now leave me be!

Ian, please help me!

Whoa, Zelda...get ahold of yourself!

Take this!

HAVE AT THEE!

Zelda, the mirror!
Drat! you win this time, wench!

Oof!
OW!

Great...
What?

We're lost...

Actually...I think I know this place...

Ijustwanttofly

Smash Cadet
... honestly, why are you so consistently unable to keep up? Stop fumbling with thy camera, or we shall be late.

I know I know. I’m excited we got that invitation just as much as you are. We’ll make it on time, girlfriend.

... WHAT... didst thou calleth me...

W-what’s wrong? I called you “girlfriend” ...

I know what that means, varlet.

*sparkle* Gah! What are you doing?!? Let go!

It, it means that you’re a girl ... and you’re my friend ... and you are, right? Let go of me!

NAY. By using that word thou hast attempted to label me as thy significant other, which I am not nor shall ever be. Deceptive lying scum of a producer. I must now assume that “hot,” “fine,” “babe-elicious” and thy other labels of me carry the same meaning, for thou only useth them where there are no others to explain their meanings to me. The Dark Knight wouldst have told me ... but instead, he tried to protect thee from my wrath. Unsuccessfully.

N-no! NO! That’s not what they mean at all! Let me go! I’ll explain-

It is too late for thee. I can no longer trust the false words that issue from between thy lying lips. Thy uppance has come! *sparkle*

Now be still, or this spell shall be fatal to thee. *sparkle* *sparkle* BE STILL!!

NO! AHH! LET- *grunt* LET GO! NOOO!!!!

*FLASH*

There. It is done.

Well? *grin* What do you think? I think you look exactly as you deserve, teehee.

Uhhhh ... my head, urrrg ...

...?!? What the- ... !!!!!!!

I told thee to hold thyself still. If thou hadst listened to thy betters, thou wouldst be in perfect conditio-

AWW, COOOOL!!!! Feathers!!! I’ve always wanted to fly!! Outta my way!!!

BZZHT, pilot to tower, BZZHT, this is tower, you are cleared for takeoff, BZZHT, roger, pilot to bombardier, BZZHT, bombardier here, go ahead pilot ...

Ahh! Hey! Get back down here. *sparkle*

*SQUAWK* No! Lemme go lemme go!! The tower cleared me-

No stepping on princesses’ heads. Behaveth thyself, or I shall transform thee into a purple chu. Or, perhaps the south end of a skulltula crawling north ...

Alright alright. I’ll behave. Sheesh.

Be certain that you do. Now, come, hurry. I shall not allow thy shenanigans to delay us. When a princess is invited in such an intriguing fashion to meet important foreigners, she must not fail to appear.

Who was it that invited us again?

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Oooo nice MeleevsBrawl pics.
I really want her heels back :(

lol. PEACH A MOM? roflllllllllllllllllllllllllllmao.
but yeah, it's true that she's a 50 year old woman living in cats. She sounds like one. She only looks like she's 17 because Sakurai photoshopped the hell out of her before the release of Brawl.

Smash Apprentice
Oooo nice MeleevsBrawl pics.
I really want her heels back :(

lol. PEACH A MOM? roflllllllllllllllllllllllllllmao.
but yeah, it's true that she's a 50 year old woman living in cats. She sounds like one. She only looks like she's 17 because Sakurai photoshopped the hell out of her before the release of Brawl.
BURN!!!
:laugh:
Actually, I rather like Peach, she is sort of a symbol for hope and peace in an era of war...no wait.,..that's Zelda...
:laugh:

oh, just you wait...we've got something planned... *insert sneaky smile, palm rubbing, and evil laughter here*

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Peach is the woman waiting in bed when the man comes back from warrr XD
I kinda like Peach too, but she's annoying sometimes D<

Ohhh invisible Zeda! Nice!

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
1) Go into special Brawl
2) Select Clear
3) Set Smoke Balls to high - no other items
4) ???
5) Profit!

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer

Wait... did you just prove that Zelda has an entirely different teetering animation in Brawl? Her Melee one just looks odd (or is that just temporary? Does she start balancing on one foot right after that?).

Top Tier teetering animation?

Ijustwanttofly

Smash Cadet
Wait... did you just prove that Zelda has an entirely different teetering animation in Brawl? Her Melee one just looks odd (or is that just temporary? Does she start balancing on one foot right after that?).

Top Tier teetering animation?
Yes she does have an entirely different teetering animation in Brawl, as I discovered to my initial consternation when I was trying to get shots of equivalent poses. But now that Yuna thinks it might be Top Tier ... I likey. :chuckle: Her Melee animation (and Peach's) look like Peach's Brawl animation, two feet only. Refer to:

Zelda got a new, mostly-one-foot animation for Brawl. Guess someone likes her better. ;)

She also has a new down-smash animation, though it is harder to tell, I found it impossible to pause with her arms in the same position, at the same point in the dsmash. Eventually I realized that she's switched which one is forward and which one is back. I was trying for a shot near the end of the dsmash, so I don't know whether her arms may or may not be switched at the beginning too. I can check if you like ...

These shots aren't at the EXACT same point, but pretty close.

Smash Apprentice
A Tale Of Two Zeldas: A Heartless Prince Of Light/Ijustwanttofly Production.

Say, Ian, how the heck did we end up in this dump?!

Well...if you hadn't gotten mad at the hairdresser and blasted us out of there, we wouldn't be here in this predicament, would we, now?

Oh, shut thy trap! Thou hadst no idea what she had done to mine hair! the wench...

She was my mom!

Either way, she was burning my scalp, I am leaving!

Zelda, wait, please...

You've done enough, now leave me be to do my show!

Nahnahnahnah, do my show, blah blah blah, look at me, I'm Zelda, I get moody over spilt milk and stuff, look at my hair, it's so awesome, blah, blah, blah...say...look over there...Zelda, look darnit!

By the goddesses, thou shalt not command me! Now, what is it? *gasp*

Why did you have to turn me into an animal NOW, when we are just about to meet important people? This would have been so much more fun if you’d done it sometime when I had a chance to practice flying.

Oh, shush. You are more presentable now than you ever were before. Thou wert already an animal- *gasp*

... praytell, who art thou?

Who are you? you look almost exactly like me...except for the hair...and those clothes...who is your dresser, fair Lady?

Er...Zelda...

(... goodness, she looks exactly like a foreign version of ...)

(... man, I’m already bored. When is she gonna let me go fly? ...)

Well, Answer me!

*ahem* Pray pardon me. I dress myself, thank you very much. My household servants were among the victims of the last war, and I must not pull even more peasants from their farms until the land has recovered. Some of us cannot afford such luxuries ...

(... what time is it? Jeez, she’s been here gabbing for fifteen whole seconds already. Girls ... they just HAVE to gossip ... sheesh ...)

Er...Zelda...look out...please...

... what are you all staring at? Something on my face?

*SQUAWK!!!* AAAAH!!!

Ian, look out!

Holy!

... umfth ... gefth thy skirt offth of my head, mrrfth ...

Oh..my head...

Augh!

Oh dear goddeses, Ian!

Yeah, Zelda..I'm okay...but...how the world are we going to cross this bridge now!?

Top Bottom