• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0-Starts Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
On the topic of the character limit, I think it was just to give more people a chance to enter and get submissions, so I'm pretty sure we're not limited anymore, since the contest is coming to a close. If we are limited... I'm screwed. I don't want to withdraw any of mine...

We'll have to ask GCM.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'ld also like to see the no repeating universes rule revoked. Seems to me we've already got a lot of variety.
Agreed.

Except with Pokemon.

I did four from Kirby anyway. I'm one of those awful rule-breaking people who, when he thinks of a good character to add, he just does it.

Unless it's a Pokemon.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Agreed.

Except with Pokemon.

I did four from Kirby anyway. I'm one of those awful rule-breaking people who, when he thinks of a good character to add, he just does it.

Unless it's a Pokemon.
I'm that way with FE. Fire Emblem just has so many tempting characters that I'ld love to make movesets for.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Commander Blitzkrieg, please don't cut Primid or Pinstripe! Those guys are teh awesomeness personified!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'm that way with FE. Fire Emblem just has so many tempting characters that I'ld love to make movesets for.
I had to restrain myself with the Kirby entries. I'd probably also have movesets for

Dyna Blade
Sword Knight / Blade Knight (whether seperate, as a team, or as a swap-out)
GIM
Waddle Doo
Chilly
Burnin' Leo
Birdon
Simirror
Plasma Wisp
Poppy Bros. Jr.
Capsule J
Bonkers
Bugzzy

if I hadn't held back. Yeah... That would kinda be a lot. I'm such a Kirby fanatic. Lol. I'm sure it's bad for my health, but I don't really care. :)

Heck, I could probably do one for some of the awkward bosses, too...

Miracle Matter for SSB4! :p

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
I added Stafy's entrance. Its a little different... so tell me if you think it is a good or a bad idea plz. Thanks in advance!!! o its on page 65 by the way

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
Ahaha i no ive been meaning to change that... I couldnt remeber his name when i pposted it lol. im gonna change it rite now!

EDIT: Ok it is officially changed.

sethpenguin

Smash Cadet
Here goes my second,
Indiana Jones

An adveturor and part time teacher. He has saved the world on more than one occasion.

STATS
Speed: Same as Snake's.
Jump: Low
Fall Speed: Light

ATTACKS
A: Punch
Across Smash: Kick-Does a kick
Up Smash: Jump Kick-Jumps and Kicks
Down Smash: Duck- Ducks down
Grab: Grabs oppenent and punches face.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
B: Gun-Shoots opponent with a gun.
B Across: Whip- Uses his whip to hit opponent.
B Up: Swing- Uses his wip to latch onto something as he swings across.
BDown:Somersault Kick- Does a Somersault and kicks.
Final Smash: Boulder- A giant boulder comes rolling across the stage.

TAUNTS
Taunt 1: Indiana says "I got a bad feeling about this."
Taunt 2: Indiana says "Don't touch anything."
Taunt 3: He moves his hat around.

ENTRANCE
An airplane flies over the stage and Indiana Jones jumps out the back.

VICTORY POSSES
Victory pose 1: Indiana Jones lashes his whiparound.
Victory pose 2: Takes of his hat and says "I always win."
Win Music:Indiana Jones theme.
Lose pose: Indiana Jones says "I toldyou not to touch anything!'

Snake Codec
Snake: Mei Ling is that who I think it is?
Mei Ling: It's Indiana Jones!
Snake: Really, I thought it was Harrison Ford.
Mei Ling: Snake be careful, Indiana Jones has a whip that can really hurt you if you get hit.
Snake: I've seen all three Indiana Jones movies so I know what I'm doing.
MeiLing: Actually there is four.
Snake: Are you serious, when the hell did make a fourth?
Mei Ling: Look Snake I don't have time for this, just stay away whenuses that whip and oh I almost forgot he's also got a gun with him.
Snake: A gun?
Mei Ling: Goodbye Snake.

Veggi

Smash Champion

TOAD

Please note that his name is in all caps. This means he is important.

Bio: Toad is a character from Mario, he protects Princess Peach, well at least he's supposed to. Similiar to Yoshi's situation, Toad shares the same name as the generic term for his race that looks similair to him. Toad has been featured in lots of Mario games, but is most noted for his first playable appearance in Mario Bros. 2, where he had the fastest pull speed and run speed in the game. His most recent appearance may have possibly been as the leader of the Toad Brigade, where he had the highest authority of them, however he acted less like the rest of the Toad Brigade because he was the most afraid of all the toads, as well as being the highest ranked and looked the most like Toad, leading people to believe that it was actually him. Which seems likely. The Toad Brigade, while not looking as individualized as the new Toad Brigade, was also featured in Super Mario Sunshine, although didn't play as important of a role. The Toad Brigade travels the galaxies in their ship the Starshroom.

Stats

Strength: 5/5
Speed: 5/5
Jump: 1/5
2nd Jump 1/5
Weight: 1/5

I sort of just ripped these stats from Mario Bros. 2 and Mario Kart. He isn't exactly a balanced character.

Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: Yes (he runs up walls in Wario's Woods, so I thought this seemed fitting or something)
Crawl: No

Specials (because no one cares about the rest)

Neutral: Eats a mushroom, it heals ten percent, he only has 4 of them because that's how many he gave Mario in Mario RPG, he gets them back when he loses a stock and it takes him about 5 seconds to eat it, good luck getting 5 seconds.

Forward: Throws a bomb like in Wario's Woods. 17%

Up: He gets on a star and flys in the direction you hold like what he rides on when he asks you those questions in that one Mario Party game, remember how Baby Bowser had the black one? It does no damage and he falls off after a little bit. After he uses it, it takes a couple seconds to come back, sort of like ROB's up b.

Down: You have to be above the person and press down b, then Toad picks them up and holds them above his head, where he can can run around and throw them they would have a lot of stun afterwards. He had the fastest pull speed in Mario Bros. 2. 10%

A Combo

Toad takes out a spear and smacks people with it, the Royal Toad Guards have them at the end of Galaxy. 10%
^^^^^
SPOILER

Dash Attack

Toad's slide attack from Mario Strikers, it makes people trip. 8%

Smashes

Forward: Toad's special goal-scoring ability in Strikers where he charges up by holding his leg back and then kicks the ball, making it catch on fire. Why it catches on fire, I really don't know. Max 25%

Up: Smacks people with his head like in Mario Strikers. 18%

Down: Toad spins around on his head. Like the taunt when he scores a goal. 15%

Tilts

Forward: High knock-back, very low damage. He darts a very short distance and runs into someone. Like in Mario RPG, Toad runs into you and does 1 damage. 1%

Up: Takes out star and holds it above his head, you know how he gives you the stars in Mario 64? Stars are pointy. Yeah, I'm a genius, you don't need to tell me. 12%

Down: Has more lag than other tilts, he jumps forward and hits them with his head, same thing like in Strikers, as his tackle. 16%

Aerials

Neutral: Flails his arms around crying, I think he does this in Luigi's Mansion when you find him, but I'm not sure. Fits his character anyway. 15%

Forward: Toad hits them with a tennis racket, it's difficult to connect with, but powerful and has a bubble effect. 20%

Backward: Holds a koopa shell out behind him, like you could in Mario Kart when you didn't want to drop something, but just hold it behind you so people could run into it. 15%

Up: Toad does a head ram like when he shoots for a goal from the air in Mario Strikers, at least I think he does this. The knock-back is similiar to Mario's uair, but this one doesn't cover as much space, and this one has more knock back. 15%

Down: Kicks with foot, having a forwardish knockback. 15%

Throws

Initial Catch: With hands.

Bash: Hit with head. 2%

Forward: Do a deke with them in your feet and crash them on the ground. (deke = dodge from Mario Strikers) 10%

Backward: Backwards deke. 10%

Up: Bounce them up with Toad's head. 6%

Down: Punt. 12%

Final Smash

Golden Mushroom

Toad can rocket himself forward everytime he presses b, it does lots of damage and knock-back. Toad has gold sparks that fly out behind him after every use. It can function as a recovery as well.

Taunts
Up: Toad spins on head
Side: Toad puts on his head lamp and flashes it on, then off.
Down: Toad jumps up and down throwing one of his hands up in the air, switching per jump.

Costumes

Wow, this is easy. The colors of toads, maybe Mail Toad, or the Toad Brigade leader could be an option?

You get the idea.

Misc.

Standing Animation: Toad looks around

Standing for too long: Toad goes to sleep or sits down.

Shielding Animation: Toad puts his Royal Guard Shield in front of him.

Rolling Animation: Toad Bounces back as if scared.

Spot Dodge Animation: Toad jumps away, Toad actually faces away from the fight rather than torward during spot dodge.

Sleeping Animation: See the Yellow Toad?

Toad's side taunt stuns for one second, but it's hard to make it of any use.

Winning/Losing

Win 1: Toad is sleeping.

Win 2: Toad runs off-screen and the sound of wood being hit can be heard, then Toad falls over back on screen.

Win 3: Toad spins around on his head.

Lose: Toad crys instead of clapping, what a jerk.

Story Mode Intro.

After your characters are selected the first character you choose starts the match a cut scene happens. Toad comes running and crashes into you, he then decides to join your team. Afterwards, you humorously start the match with 1% as a reference to Super Mario RPG.

Codec Conversation

Snake: There's a fungi infecting this child's head and he's trying to kill me.
Otacon: That's Toad, Snake.
Snake: No, it's a child.
Otacon: That's not what I mean, the creatures name is Toad and it comes from a species called Toad.
Snake: Your not making any sense.
Otacon: Just do it, Snake.

Rosalina's Observatory

Style: Aerial, no-hazards

The Starshroom would be floating off stage and it would have the gravity effect like when it appeared on a stage, so you could run around it. The ship would also have a Toad visible inside it. The main area would be like from where the Green Lumas first started gathering, with the steps added into it. It would stretch from there to the main map and Rosalina and Polari would be standing around it as a bunch of Lumas flew around and they could be bounced on. Any where further and you would fall off. A couple of Toads including the leader of the Toad Brigade as well as Mail Toad would be there to be bounced on too.

The backround would include many Lumas flying around as well as everything that was visible from the spot I mentioned facing torwards the rest of the observatory. It's fair, and yet fun at the same time.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Any feedback for my character? Maybe just a pat on the back for using an original character? :(

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4651160&postcount=373
I really liked that moveset, very original, that's for sure, plus it's cool that you used an original character.

Two things I noted though, his Final Smash seems more broken than Sonic's considering it pretty much insta-kills anything and everything. And number two, his Side-B seems crazy overpowered, restoring all of his health if he eats a potato?

Besides those two things however, the moveset was hillarious, good job =)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Dang, Blitzkrieg. You're freaking good with those Kirby hats. Much jealousy over here, lol.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Okay, Tetra's finished. I've never done a two-parted moveset before, so... Hmm... Should I just update Toon Zelda with Tetra? I don't think as many people will see it and give feedback that way... Or I could post the whole thing again, but movesets posted twice are kind of annoying. I could edit the other one to not have the moveset, then repost the whole thing... So many options, lol.

Or I could just post Tetra here with a link to Toon Zelda. Yeah, I think I'll just do that...

--------------------

TETRA -- (Click Here to See Toon Zelda)

Tetra is the leader of a band of pirates who allow Link to board their ship and agree to take him on his quest to rescue his sister, Aryll. However, Tetra's involvement in Link's adventure becomes a little bit more when she discovers that she's actually the princess Zelda. She hides away in the abandoned kingdom of Hyrule, but Ganon discovers and captures her anyway. She then serves as the bait to lure Link to Ganon's Tower, and finally aids Link in the final battle to defeat Ganon.

Stats
Size: Same as Toon Zelda
Weight: Same as Toon Zelda
Jump1: Mid-High
Jump2: Mid-High
FallSpeed: Mid-Slow
RunSpeed: Mid-Fast
Power: Mid-Weak
Jumps: 2
Wall-Kick: Yes
Wall-Cling: No
Glide: No
Crawl: No

Standard Attacks
Standing A -- Punch-Kick -- Tetra punches with one fist, then kicks for a two-part combo. Medium-short range for the punch, medium range for the kick. 3% + 5% damage.

Side-Tilt A -- Forward Kick -- Tetra leans back and kicks one leg forward. Medium range. 6% damage.

Up-Tilt A -- Headbutt -- Tetra jumps a short distance upward, headbutting opponents above her. 7% damage.

Down-Tilt A --

Running A -- Swing Punch -- Tetra quickly winds up and swings a fist. Takes a little more time than most dash attacks, but deals a nice 10% damage to make up for it, and also has good knockback.

Smash Attacks
Side Smash -- Knife Slash -- Tetra pulls out a short knife, then slashes forward with it. Medium range. 12% damage uncharged, 20% charged.

Up Smash -- Flip Kick -- Tetra flips forward (not backward like Kirby or Fox), kicking opponents above her. Medium range. 11% damage (uncharged, 22% charged), and knockback is directly forward.

Down Smash -- Full Circle Slash -- Tetra pulls out her knife, then spins horizontally, slashing low to the ground in all directions. 10% damage uncharged, 18% charged.

Air Attacks
Neutral Air -- Double Slash -- Tetra slashes with her knife to the front, then to the back. Similar to Toon Link’s, but with a little shorter reach. 8% damage.

Up Air -- Skewer -- Tetra thrusts her knife upward, damaging opponents. 10% damage, but short range.

Down Air -- Triple Kick -- Tetra kicks downward three times. Short range. 4% + 4% + 7% damage, and the last hit has stronger knockback.

Forward Air -- Quick Slash -- A very fast attack. Tetra slashes her knife forward quickly. Medium-short range. 6% damage.

Backward Air -- Double Kick -- Tetra kicks behind her once with each leg. Medium-short range. 5% + 6% damage. Second hit has very good knockback.

Grab/Throw Attacks
Grab: Standard, no extension.

Pummel: Knee -- Tetra drives her knee into her victim. 2% damage.

Forward Throw -- Flip Toss -- Tetra flips and throws her opponent forward. 8% damage.

Backward Throw -- Back Toss -- Tetra turns and casually throws her opponent backward. 7% damage.

Up Throw -- Cannon Blast -- Tetra loads her victim in a cannon, then ducks, as the cannon fires her opponent upward. Takes longer than other throws, but does 11% damage, the most of all her throws, and also has the most knockback.

Down Throw -- Stomp -- Tetra throws her opponent to the ground, then jumps on them hard. 8% damage.

Ledge Moves
Get Up (Under 100%): Tetra climbs up quickly.
Get Up (Over 100%): Tetra rolls up slowly.

Attack (Under 100%): Tetra jumps up and slashes her knife. 5% damage.
Attack (Over 100%): Tetra climbs up and kicks one leg forward. 5% damage.

Dodge (Under 100%): Tetra climbs up and rolls forward.
Dodge (Over 100%): Tetra climbs up slowly and crawls forward.

Jump (Under 100%): Tetra climbs up into a handstand, then propels herself into the air.
Jump (Over 100%): Tetra stands on the ledge, then jumps.

Miscellaneous Animations
Dizzy: Tetra holds her head with both hands, swaying back and forth.

Sleep: Tetra falls on one knee, her head hung low.

Sidestep Dodge: Tetra ducks to the side.

Forward Rolling Dodge: Tetra rolls forward, then turns around.

Backward Rolling Dodge: Tetra backflips backward, like Sheik.

Air Dodge: Tetra throws her torso to the side, avoiding damage.

Special Attacks
Standard B -- Counterstrike -- This move is a counter, like Marth’s or Ike’s, but works slightly differently. Tetra grips a short knife at her hip, thus entering the counter frames. However, as long as you’re holding B, she’ll continue to be ready to counter any attack that hits her. This can be held as long as you want, but Tetra’s still vulnerable to grabs during this time. Tetra can move slowly forward and backward while holding the counter. If she’s hit and counters, there’s relatively little ending downtime, but if you manually release, Tetra gets cocky, throwing the knife into the air, then catching it behind her back before sheathing it again. This takes about as long as a Taunt, so Tetra’s quite vulnerable during it. The bottom line: be sure you’re gonna get hit before you use this move. Damage is variable, and depends on the strength of the move that hits Tetra.

Side B -- Grappling Hook -- Looks as though Tetra’s “borrowed” Toon Link’s Grappling Hook for the moment. “It’s not like he’ll need this anyway.” When used, the Grappling Hook extends out about the distance of Zero Suit’s Plasma Whip, but works differently. Any opponent contacted will be pulled toward Tetra. If she does nothing during this time, they’ll simply be released when they’re right next to her, and fall on the ground. If you press the attack button while they’re being pulled in, Tetra will kick them hard when they reach her, dealing about 12% damage. If you press the grab button while they’re being pulled in, Tetra will immediately grab them when they get close. Any other buttons will not perform a function with the Grappling Hook. The Grappling Hook can also function as a tether recovery.

Up B -- Sail -- Tetra seems to find a good use for all the items Toon Link left when he went into Smash equipped just like regular Link. Tetra holds the Sail above her head, where it catches wind and pulls her upward. This works similar to Snake’s, but Tetra is not lifted as high. To compensate, Tetra has extremely good horizontal control while using the Sail, even better than she does while jumping, making this a powerful recovery move. After flying up a short distance, Tetra retracts the Sail, so the move does not have the hit potential Snake’s does.

Down B -- Transform -- Tetra transforms into Toon Zelda. All aspects are the same as for Zelda and Sheik.

Final Smash
Final Smash -- Pirate Cannon -- Tetra leaps into the background, aboard her pirate ship. The ship then begins to fire off cannon rounds, which connect with the foreground and cause damage. The blast radius and damage are comparable to Snake’s Grenade Launcher, but the shots have rather low knockback and cannot be aimed. Rather, they are fired at random spots, generally near the solid ground of the stage. Every shot fires 1-3 cannon rounds, determined randomly. The pirate ship gets closer to the foreground as the Final Smash goes on, giving less time to avoid the shots after they’re fired. After about 5-6 shots, Tetra leaps into the air, falls back to the stage via the top of the screen, and her ship crashes into the middle of the stage, exploding. When the ship explodes, it causes damage similar to Olimar’s.

Taunts
Up Taunt -- Tetra strikes her signature pose, folding her arms and then winking.

Down Taunt -- Tetra facepalms, shaking her head. This is pretty much the ultimate way to insult your opponent.

Side Taunt -- Tetra throws back her head and laughs.

Victory/Loss Poses
Up Victory Pose -- Same as her Up Taunt.

Side Victory Pose -- Same as her Side Taunt.

Down Victory Pose -- Tetra tosses her knife high into the air, then spins around, folds her arms, and watches the knife fall and stick into the ground.

Loss Pose -- Tetra stands and claps.

Extras
Kirby Hat: Kirby gains Tetra’s hair.

Entrance: Tetra opens a trap door on the floor, then climbs out and closes the door again.

Colors: Similar ones to Shiek, to correspond with Toon Zelda.

Solid Snake Codec Conversation
Snake: Otacon, Toon Zelda just transformed into this girl.
Otacon: Oh, that’s Tetra, Snake. She’s the leader of a band of pirates. For the longest time, she had no idea she was really the princess Zelda.
Snake: So she’s a pirate gone princess?
Otacon: Yes, but don’t think she’s lost all her pirate tendencies. She’s quick and good with a weapon. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if she snatched a couple of things from Toon Link’s arsenal to use here.
Snake: All right. I’ll keep my guard up…

sethpenguin

Smash Cadet
Here is my third entry,
Duke Nukem

A tough ladies man who has saved our world numorous times from aliens.
STATS
Speed: Same as Captain Falcon's
Jump: Fast
Fall Speed: Heavy

ATTACKS
A: Mighty Foot- Kick opponent.
Across Smash: Punch
Up Smash: Air Punch
Down Smash: Duck Punch- Ducks and punches.
Grab: Takes off his belt and grabs opponent with it.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
B: Shrink Ray- Takes out his shirink ray that causes opponents to shrink just likethe Poison Mushroom.
B Across: RPG- Take out a RPG that shoot out rockets that can cause heavy damage..
B Up: Jetpack-Uses a jet pack.
B Down: Devastator- Uses his Devastators.
Final Smash: Nuclear explosion- A small nuke hits the stage and explodes and KOs everyone except Duke.

TAUNTS
Taunt 1: Duke says "Time to kick *** and chew bubble gun and I'm all out of gum!"

ENTRANCE
Walks onto the stage and cracks his knuckles.

VICTORY POSES
Victory Pose 1: Duke says " I always win"
Victory Pose 2: Duke shoots his pistol
Win Music: Duke Nukem 3d theme
Lose Pose: Has his back facing towards the player and says "I'll be back for more."

Snake Codec
Snake: Octacon, I need your help again.
Octacon: I see you're fighting Duke Nukem. All you need to do is avoid getting punched by him.
Snake: How can I can I beat this guy, he's like Ganondorf with guns!
Octacon: Snake, just be careful, alright.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Yay! Duke Nukem comes to kick butt and chew bubble gum and he's all out of gum!

Will that game ever come out? Or will it go the way of Sadness? I like Maria more than Duke Nukem now because his game is not out yet and it'd been like 10 years already. They should just drop the franchise. I guess he's too 80s or early 90s to be relevent anymore but he still is cool as a character.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I was out of ideas.
Duke Nukem had a jetpack in Duke Nukem 3d. That could be used for his upB.

Duke also had a gun called a Shrink ray which shunk you then he stepped on you and you died. Duke's trademark weapon though was an RPG that never needed to be reloaded. Duke's other trademark weapon I believe was a gun that fit on both hands that shot lots of mini-missiles in rapid succession from them called the Devestator. He also had his mighty foot for his A attack, another trademark of Duke Nukem.

sethpenguin

Smash Cadet
Duke Nukem had a jetpack in Duke Nukem 3d. That could be used for his upB.

Duke also had a gun called a Shrink ray which shunk you then he stepped on you and you died. Duke's trademark weapon though was an RPG that never needed to be reloaded. Duke's other trademark weapon I believe was a gun that fit on both hands that shot lots of mini-missiles in rapid succession from them called the Devestator. He also had his mighty foot for his A attack, another trademark of Duke Nukem.
thank you, I'll add those!

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I also know some lines that Duke Nukem does from the game Duke Nukem 3d. He says these lines. I remember them even though it was many many years ago, like 9 to 11 years ago I believe.

"It's time to kick *** and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum"
"Groovy"
"Who wants some?"
"Come get some"
"**** I'm good"
"Nobody steals my chicks... and lives"
"You're an inspiration for birth control"
"Eat **** and die"
"Your face, your ***, what's the difference?"
"See you in hell"
"Holy ****"
"Holy cow"

"****" (when he loses)
"**** it"

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
.......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I had JUST finished my moveset for Colonel and hit the wrong button and lost EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING!!

(sigh) There goes an hour of my life I'm never getting back.........................
*patpat* Oh man, I know that feeling. It's as irritating as Captain Falcon fanboys. Probably worse.

Anyway, Jack is done, Final Smash and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom