• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0-Starts Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeoandReo

Smash Apprentice
I guess since others did so, and maybe to get some feedback, I'll shamelessly plug my movesets as well, with some personal commentary about them. I think I'm overall good with my results, but in the last few days, I might rehaul, retool, and rework some things.

Lemeza Kosugi (pg. 11): Already judged by GCM. I made this moveset some time before I entered it (Maybe a week or so before), and put it on here more or less unchanged, before I gave it a much-needed tweaking.

His Final Smash would have been summoning one of the beasts/bosses in the game to attack everyone, but after some thought, I decided that the swimsuit thing would have both been more unique and much funnier.

Johnny Turbo (pg. 19): I definitely had the most fun making this moveset, and I firmly believe it's my best one overall, due to all the detail (read: pictures) and references I put in it. My only real regret is having both his utilt and usmash involve axes.

Mary Sue (pg. 26): The plague of authors everywhere! Now I get to talk about her. What I was going for when I created her was to be as over-the-top as possible, mixing both cliches of such stories with humour. I'm satisfied with the end product enough.

Karnov (pg. 36): I tried to start up the moveset the day before I posted it, but it was getting late, so I put in on Notepad and finished the next day. Like JT, I fear that I made him overuse his BALLOOOOOON move of inflating his stomach. But really, that's pretty much an unintentional staple of Karnov. For this moveset, I tried to mix the best of 3 worlds (Karnov, Fighter's History, and Dance Dance Karnov) into one thing. I think I did well enough.

Yungmie (pg. 36): Now that I think about it, she's the Data East version of everyone's favourite street-fighting Chinese kicker Chunners. Certain of it. Both of them have those Thunder Thighs. Both of them lost their parents to the main boss character. Coincidence? Not likely.

I actually played one of the games with her in it, and realized that some of the moveset was way off what she would normally do. Not by much, but a bit off, and it bothers me a little bit. I'm tempted to change some things about her and some other characters.

But if I'm going to modify anything, I should really change the chant first. I think it sounds a bit too cheesy for my liking. I cringe every time I read it.

Snoopy & Woodstocks (pg. 40): I was a fan of Peanuts since I was young. Came up with the idea on a whim, think it worked out well. Not much else for me to say on it.

King Suren (pg. 71): The moveset still isn't finished, probably due to my chronic procrastination. If I had to describe his style, though, think Pikmin & Olimar. Then imagine if the Pikmin could commit suicide while Olimar just stands there. I was tempted to do that type of moveset, because that's how Bokosuka Wars' original engine worked. Then I realized it would be too cruel. So I changed it around to be less cruel, but still hard to utilize just like in the game itself.

I've played it. It would be alright, actually, if it wasn't so luck-reliant. >:o

half_silver28

Smash Ace
*bumps*

any, here's a stupid idea: the best movesets are going to be recognized, but what about the the people who make them? What I'm thinking about is nominating the users who have contributed multiple quality movesets or whatever else to this contest, and then selecting an 'MVP' of sorts. Since I have no life, I stayed up too late last night going through the movesets and came up with a list of users to nominate:

El_Duderino - Weird Al, athf, the thing, h.p. lovecraft, Cap'n Blubber

GreatClayMonkey - Just guess why he's here? Oh yeah, he made Zatch bell & Kiyo too.

Sun-Wukong - Eddie & Beat, F.L.U.D.D, MGA snake, andy french, live action sonic & tails, old school mario. Also wrote The Subspace Emissary 2.0

Mario_And_Sonic_Guy - Waluigi, Rosalina, knuckles, king k. rool, gallade, gardevoir

MarthTrinity - L block, travis touchdown, lucy, haruko, roger smith, colonel.EXE, dante, tabuu

Chris Lionheart - Chris & Ryan, kenny(joke moveset), black knight, altair, zero, Innes, Lyon, jaffar, sothe & micaiah

HeoandReo - Lemeza Kosugi, johnny turbo, mary sue, karnov, yungmie, snoopy & woodstocks, king suren. He also compiled a list of EVERY entry in the contest O_o.

SirKibble - Bomberman, protoman, knuckle joe, biospark, ray 01, baby mario bros, megaman.EXE, Sir Kibble, Ivan, erk, adeleine, toon zelda/tetra

gorgon. - chain chomp, hitmontop, ephraim, shadow

dancingfrogman - Dry Bowser, juggernaut, E102-gamma, homer simpson, tails doll, tails, king boo, metal sonic, fang the sniper, wario land wario

half_silver28 - Sheena, Lloyd Irving, Colette (yep I just had to put myself lol)

Commander Blitzkrieg - petey pirhana, primid, fred fredburger, ren & stimpy, pinstripe, empoleon, lickilicky, norm abram, mr. monopoly, ripper roo, ridley, yoshimitsu, tira, weegee. He also made dingodile and dr. nitrus brio, but apparently withdrew them lol. He ALSO wrote/is writing Substandard Subspace.

PKSkyler - hitmonchan, hitmonlee, jeff, poo, teen ness, yusuke urameshi

Kiki52 - Paula polestar, maria, salahudin ayyub, carl johnson

IvoryFlame - steven colbert, rorschach, dr. doom, fawful, lego darth vader. Also wrote The Great Subspace Crisis!

smashbot226 - darkrai, shy guy, bioshock jack. stefan, meme man

The_Great_Panda - zero (2nd set), Isacc, sora & riku pair up, Levin

Evilgidgit - sakura kinomoto, syaoran li, alice

Iron Thorn - Erutashi Orrandey, typhlosion, Jack

mantlecore77- dixie kong, sigma, birdo, zant, chuck norris(joke moveset), mallow, dr. wily

RWB - hollow ichigo, kumatora

Eternal Smasher - Ristar, Banjo-kazooie

kitsuneko345 - Hariyama, skarmory

PKboy89 - earthworm jim, Darth Vader

the melon!!!!! - Dr. cox, Jeff Dunham

Smasherk808 - kat and ana, stafy, tingle, Vaati, vector, espio, serge, turnip

so if u think this is dumb idea (which it is), just tell me & I'll forget I ever thought of it lol.
:confused: there's no need to self-advertise... I doing it for everyone lol. Anyway, I updated my nomination list again, & I've added the melon!!!!! and Smasherk808 to the list as well.

On another note, I finally finished everything I needed to do to my Lloyd & Colette movesets, including alt. costumes, assist trophies, SSE role; I even added a boss. Click Here!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Well, since everyone is doing it then so will I.

Chris and Ryann- Not really a self insert moveset. The characters themselves are from a novel I'm thinking of writing, but I named the characters after me and one of my friends (first names only ofc.) In fact my username is named after the character. I like to think of it as my 2nd best moveset. (pg. 8)

The Black Knight- Not really my best work, so I'm suprised it got rated as highly as it did. (pg. 11)

Kenny McCormick (Joke Moveset)- I couldn't resist making every move die. (pg. 11)

Altair- Not really my best work, so I'm suprised it got rated so highly. (pg. 12)

Zero- Some of you may remember the big Zero argument. Several people started arguing over their Zero entries getting in (several pages after mine) only to find mine a few pages back. My moveset features the first D-Air of its kind and all 3 of Zero's Megaman Zero 3 weapons.

Innes- By nature a pretty campy character. His style revolves around the usage of several different arrow attacks. (pg. 26)

Lyon- He is a pretty generic FE villain. He works around dark magic, unpredictability, and summoning. (pg. 27)

Jaffar- Quite possibly the greatest FE assassin. I made him more unique by adding 2 items from his game to his specials arsenal. (pg. 39)

Sothe and Micaiah- Definitely my most unique moveset. Sothe handles most of the A attacks and Micaiah handles all the specials. They do work together in some attacks. I consider my latest effort to be my best so far. (p.82)

Now that the limit on # of movesets has been removed I may work on another. I'm thinking of something from Guild Wars. Devona, Cynn, or Aidan probably.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Snoopy & Woodstocks (pg. 40): I was a fan of Peanuts since I was young. Came up with the idea on a whim, think it worked out well. Not much else for me to say on it.
Did you say you wanted to be in SS?

And since we're advertising:

Petey Pirhana: He just pwns. pg19

Primid: I feel he should've been a character, if not just a novelty fighter. pg20

Fred Fredburger: Yes! pg26

Ren & Stimpy: This was the greatest cartoon ever. pg30

Pinstripe: I always loved the Crash Series, and Pinstripe was my fave boss. pg31

Empoleon: One of my fave Pokemon. pg33

Lickilicky: See above. pg47

Norm Abram: Yes. I watch This Old House. Sue me. pg48

Mr. Monopoly: I just felt the need for another random moveset, so I did it. pg52

Ripper Roo: See Pinstripe. pg54

Ridley: I'm surprised he hadn't been made before me. pg59

Yoshimitsu: Soul Calibur=Greatest Series ever, and Yoshi is my main. pg62

Tira: Soul Calibur=Greatest Series ever, and Tira is my secondary, AND she is smexy :) pg68

Weegee: Weegee is awesome, and I main Luigi. When his moveset is done, you'll be rolling on the floor laughing. pg97

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
(Young) Nanoha Takamachi:

Nanoha with her weapon(BTW, the words that appear on the bottom are just English subtitles since everything is in Japanese, I couldn't remove the subtitles)

Background info: A 9 year old girl with magical powers. She uses a weapon called "Raising Hearts", which can transform from a "typical magical girl rod" to sort of a spear-like weapon. Her weapon uses cartridges(similar to rounds/ammo for firearms, except in this case, it enhances her power) .

As a fighter, she can use ranged energy beam attacks and she is good at melee attacks as well.

Table of Contents:
I. Stats
II. Regular attacks, tilts, and smashes
III. B Moves
IV. Final Smash
V. Taunts/Victories

I. Stats:

Height/Size - A little taller than Ness/Lucas.

Weight- Same as Sheik

Strength(Damage/Knockback) of Attacks - 7/10(Not sure what to compare her to)

Attack Speed - Same as Link's attack speed

Attack Range - Far, she uses a long weapon.

Walking speed- Same as Peach

Running speed- Same as Peach.

Falling Speed- Same as Peach.

Jump height/speed - Medium/Fast, her second jump is also medium height.

Wall jump, wall cling, crouch, etc - She can float for 3 seconds by holding down the jump button or by holding down while she is in the air, similar to Peach’s float.

Pros:
Fast movement.
Has 2 ranged attacks.
Her attacks are long range.
Can break shields/reflectors easily with her Up + B move.
Can float.
Has a reflector.

Cons:
Light.
Most of her B attacks requires charging to be effective.
Most of her long ranged attacks are slow.
Most of her fast attacks have short range.

II. Regular attacks, tilts, and smashes:

Note: Her weapon has a "sweetspot", the tip of her weapon is her sweetspot. Her attacks that do not use her weapon has no sweetspot.

Note2: I'll put the speed attack next to the name. Slow, normal, fast, and extreme are the speed of attacks. Extreme speed would be like Metaknight's attacks(very fast).

Speed refers to how quickly the attack is executed and how much lag the attack has after attacking.

Also, when I list two speeds like (Normal/Fast), that means that attack has 2 hits. The first hit has normal speed but the second is fast.

Note3: In general: her tilts are fast but have short range, her smashes are slow but have long range.

1. Neutral AA(Normal) - Swings her weapon sideways, then vertically downward.

Tilts:
2. Tilt Up(Fast) - Sticks her hand out and fires a very short ranged energy blast upwards.

3. Tilt Side(Fast) - Sticks her hand out and fires a short ranged energy blast in front of her.

4. Tilt Down(Fast) - Sticks her hand out and fires a multiple short ranged energy blast downward in front of her.

Smashes:
5. Smash Up(Normal/Fast) - 2hits - She thrusts her weapon upward, can be repeated to swing her weapon upward in an arc.

6. Smash Side(Normal/Fast) - 2hits - Thrusts her weapon forward, can be repeated to swing her weapon from downward to upward vertically.

The second hit has more range and is faster.

7. Smash Down(Fast) - Points her weapon downward, and spins while slashing anything in front of her and in behind.

Grabs:
8. Initial Grab(Slow) - Grabs them and shocks them with her magic.

9. Forward Grab - Pushes them forward with a magical blast.

10. Up Grab - Throws them upward and she shoots with a few magical blasts.

11. Back Grab - Similar to Forward Grab but she throws her opponent backwards then blasts them with a magical blast.

12. Down Grab - Throws them on the ground and blasts at them with her magical blasts.
Aerials:
13. Neutral Aerial(Normal) - She spins with her weapon and attacks horizontally.

14. Forward Air(Slow) - She swings her weapon forward vertically from up to down. When tipped(sweetspot), it meteors the opponent downward.

15. Up Air(Fast) - Fires a small short ranged energy blast upward.

16. Back Air(Fast) - Quickly turns around and swings her weapon horizontally. This turns her around.

17. Down Air(Fast) - She point her weapon and starts falling/charging fast diagonally forward/downward in a 45 degree angle. She'll damage anyone who gets hit.

Dash Attack:
18. Dash Attack(Normal) - She charges in and thrusts her weapon forward.

III. B Moves:
Notes - Nanoha uses cartridges for some of her attacks. Cartridges are basically ammo for her weapon which can be reloaded. Cartridges increase the power of some of her attacks and makes them charge faster.

She can reload by tapping B and letting it go quickly. Reloading takes 4 seconds, from 0 cartridges to 5. She can move and jump while reloading but not attack, she can cancel reloading by attacking or pressing any B buttons.

She can hold a max of 5 cartridges. She can use the attacks without cartridges but her attacks(that use cartridges) will have to take twice as long to charge an attack to full power without the cartridges.

This works very similar to Sheik's Needles.

Cartridges are used automatically when she uses any moves that use cartridges. When all Cartridges are gone, there is a sound that notifies you that all of them are gone.

BTW - Her weapon is kind of like an assault rifle(or any other gun that uses magazines), in the sense that she reloads by attaching a magazine to her weapon similar to assault rifles.

Nanoha loading cartridges(BTW, her weapon seen in this picture isn't the one I am going to use, the one I am using with her movesets is her weapon in the picture I posted above with the spear-looking one)

Note 2 - If anyone needs me to reexplain how the reloading thing works if they're confused, I'll try to reexplain.

Note 3 - Speed refers to the attack itself and NOT the charge time. If the charge time is included, most of these attacks will be slow.

1. Up B Strike Flame(Extreme) – Can be charged(takes 2 seconds to fully charge with 1 cartridge, 4 seconds with none).

Nanoha moves quickly at any direction(tilt the direction you want to go). You can hold the "B" button while moving to strike any character she moves near(like Ike's Quick Draw).

You don't have to hold the "B" button if she doesn't want to attack anyone with her Up + B, allowing her to move right past an enemy if they try to punish her recovery.

Can deal a very powerful attack to any enemy that is attacked. The attack also breaks any character's reflector(Fox's, Pit's, Mario's, etc), if it does, it stuns them for 1.5 seconds.

The longer it charges, the stronger the damage and the longer the range. Fully charged, she moves 3x farther and does 2x more damage. Fully charged, it can move across the platform at Final Destination.

The picture of the attack about to be used is the second picture I posted(see above), Nanoha gets ready to charge at her opponent.

2. Neutral B Divine Buster(Or Reload if tapped) (Fast) – Very long ranged projectile.
[Controls]:
Hold B to start charging. Release B to release Divine Buster.
OR
Tap B ONCE, and "do not hold B", to reload.
Can be charged(Takes 3 seconds to fully charge with 2 cartridges, 4.5 with if she only has 1 cartridge left, or 6 seconds with no cartridges).

Nanoha fires a very powerful pink energy beam at any direction. She can change the direction she fires by holding the direction you want her to fire while charging the attack.

While charging, the damage and attack radius increases. Fully charged, it does 3x more damage and has 2x bigger attack radius.

Divine Buster:

3. Side B Axel Shooter(Fast) – Can be charged(Takes 3 seconds to fully charge with 2 cartridges, 4.5 with if she only has 1 cartridge left, or 6 seconds with no cartridges).

Nanoha releases small pink energy balls which she can control. It can be controlled similar to Zelda's "Din's Fire" EXCEPT she can move her energy balls at ANY DIRECTION. You can move the balls by tilting the control stick, if you don't move the control stick, the energy balls do not move.

You can have to hold the "B" button while using this attack, you can release the "B" button for the balls to detonate(like Din's fire).

The balls will detonate automatically after 7 seconds though. Deals weak damage and knockback with just 2 energy balls, moderate damage and knockback with 7.

The longer she charges it, the more pink energy balls that appear. When not charged, only 2 energy balls appears. Fully charged, 7 energy balls appears.

There aren't any good pictures of "Axel Shooter" unfortunately.

4. Down B Absorbing Protection(Fast) – Nanoha creates a shield in front of her. Any projectiles will be absorbed in the shield. Nanoha can then store the attack and then fire it back by pressing “Down B” again. Works similar to Mr. Game and Watch's "Bucket" move.

She can absorb as many projectiles but Nanoha can only hold the Shield for 4 seconds. If her shield wears off while she already absorbed and a projectile, the projectile will break the shield and damage Nanoha.

Also, this move can alternatively used as a "Counter"(similar to Marth's counter) to block any physical attack during the first second of her shield, when blocked, her shield explodes and damages the attacker and knocks them back a little.

Protection:

IV. Final Smash - Starlight Breaker Plus - Nanoha creates 2 “miniature” versions of her weapon, that flies around Nanoha. She is invincible and a crosshair appears on screen. She can move the crosshair and fire at any target she aims at with the combined power of Nanoha and her two miniature weapons.

Nanoha fires an energy beam in front of her with her weapon, while the 2 "miniatures" can aim anywhere on the screen with her crosshair.

Works similar to Snake’s FS except Nanoha stays on screen and it lasts only 4 seconds.

Basically, her Final Smash is like Pokemon Trainer's FS and Snake's FS combined except weaker.

Note - This is "adult" Nanoha using the attack. "Young" Nanoha uses too, but she doesn't create the "miniature" weapons that also shoot with it(note in the picture).

V. Taunts/Victories -
Note - BTW, Raising Hearts is pronounced "Raging Hearts". Even though everyone in the anime says it like "Raging Hearts", it's spelled "Raising Hearts". Also "Raising Heart" is female.

1. Up Taunt - Nanoha asks her talking weapon(Raising Hearts) "Are you okay Raising Hearts?". Raising Hearts(her weapon) will reply with one of the three(Depends on Nanoha's damage):

a. "Yes, don't worry my master." Nanoha is at 0-35% damage.

b. "A little worn out but we can still do it." Nanoha is at 36%-65% damage.

c. "It's okay, I can still be shot." Nanoha is at 66%+ damage.

BTW, most of these lines are taken directly from the TV show, her weapon actually says "I can be shot" in the series, doesn't sound right(though it is funny) but makes sense since Raising Hearts is a weapon that shoots.

2. Side Taunt - Steps forward, sticks her arms out and says "Tell me all your problems and I'll help" or "Lets be friends".

Background info - She ALWAYS wants to befriend anyone she meets, even if they're enemies. In fact, nearly every enemy she meets, she ends up being friends with in the anime. Yep, she's a nice little friendly girl.
Nanoha befriending:
(The words are just subtitles to the dialogue that's taking place)

3. Bottom Taunt - A pink energy circle appears below her feet, and pink energy flows around her. A "powering up" sound is heard.

4. Victory 1 - Nanoha says "Now that I defeated you, do you want to be friends?"

5. Victory 2 - Nanoha says "Did I overdo it?", Raising Hearts says "Don't Worry".

6. Victory 3 - Same as Bottom Taunt.

To any Nanoha fans, I'm going to post Subaru's moveset later.

If I need to add anything or if anyone have any questions on how the attacks and stuff work, ask please.

Also, here's my Agrias moveset if anyone missed it.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord

My first moveset. Gimme a second...

Specials:

B- WALL.E shoots a small laser at an angle downwards.
SIDE-B- He takes out EVE'S arm and shoots a ball of energy.
UP-B- Sprays his fire extinguisher downwards proppelling himself upwards.
DOWN-B- Takes out a piece of junk and can be used like Peach's turnips.

STANDARD

A- SLAPS FORWARDS
AA- SLAPS TWICE
AAA- SLAPS TWICE AND THEN KICKS

UP-A- HEAD EXTENDS SLIGHTLY HITTING ABOVE HIM.
SIDE-A- SLAMS THE SROUND WITH BOTH HANDS IN A DIGGING MOTION
DOWN-A- SPINS WITH ARMS EXTENDED.

RUNNING-A- FACEPLANTS THE GROUND SIMILAR TO DEDEDE'S

SMASHES

SIDE- LUNGES SLIGHTLY TO LEFT/RIGHT SPINNING ARMS
UP- HANDSTANDS WHILD HIS TREADS SPIN ABOVE HURTING ENEMIES
DOWN- SIMILAR TO SONIC'S HE DRIVES SLIGHTLY FORWARDS AND THEN BACKWARDS QUICKLY.

OTHER

GRAB- HE GRABS WITH BOTH ARMS AND PUTS YOU IN HIS CHEST COMPARTMENT AND MESSES YOU UP FRON THE INSIDE LIKE YOSHI'S GRAB.

TAUNTS

1. DOES HIS 'HELLO DOLLY' DANCE
2. HE BRINGS OUT HIS PET COACHROACH AND PETS IT.
3. HE TURNS INTO HIS COMPACT FORM

WINNING SCREEN

1. HE SAYS HIS NAME IN A CREEPY ROBOT WAY AT THE SAME TIME AS THE ANNOUNCER
2. HE INSPECTS HIS TREADS AND SIGHS
3. HE PLAYS WITH HIS PET

LOSE

HE STAYS IN HIS BOX-FORM QUIVERING

WINNING MUSIC

AN EXTENDED VERSION OF THE JINGLE WHEN HE'S FULLY CHARGED.

KIRBY HAT

HE GETS WALL.E'S EYES AND LOGO ON HIS FRONT

IF I NEED MORE STUFF I'LL EDIT MY POST.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
*reads past few pages* ...Dang, i seem to have set off quite the chain of toasts :laugh:

Nanoha? Yay! Nice moveset, but I've got a little nitpick: The weapon is called "Raging Heart", not "Raising Hearts". I only watched like two episodes of the Nanoha series, but it looks pretty awesome.

And now for my plug:

Erutashi "Eru" Orrandey (somewhere in pages 52-54) - My "mascot" an original character I created. She is actually part of a larger universe, "The Tome of Thea", that me and my best friends are working on. Eru is more or less the archetype of the Girl - young, naive, open to experience - mixed with a little of the every(wo)man.

She doesn't have a "tail" made of fire in the canon, but I thought it'd be kind of a neat little addition. I tried to make her easy to pick up and play, but hard to master. The "boobie-Roy" alt is a nod to Roy's possible influence on her design/the similarities between them.

Typhlosion (page 63) - my love for the Cyndaquil line began with my reception of a female Cyndaquil in Pokemon Silver. This grew more as she evolved, and as I found how rare female starter Pokemon were. Typhlosion is my favorite Pokemon along with Mightyena.

Typhlosion is a fast and strong Pokemon in the games, but her limited movepool relegates her to the UU tier in favor of Charizard and Infernape. I decided to use the moves she does have (Gyro Ball, Flame Wheel, Swift, Crush Claw) to avoid making her a semi-clone of Charizard.

Jack (page 82) - Okay, I just had all-out fun with this one. There was so much for me to draw from. I kinda went wild ;3

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
I've got a little nitpick: The weapon is called "Raging Heart", not "Raising Hearts". I only watched like two episodes of the Nanoha series, but it looks pretty awesome.
Actually it's really called "Raising Hearts".

At first, everyone thought it was called "Raging Hearts" because it was pronounced like that(Subtitles called it Raging Hearts too), but when the official website came out with all the official spellings, it was actually called "Raising Hearts".

Personally, I prefer "Raging Hearts" myself(it sounds better), but the official is "Raising Hearts".

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well, everybody else is doing it, so...

Bomberman (p12) -- A character I'd really like to see in SSB4, and among the classics. Put simply, I just had to do Bomberman. He's Bomberman.

Protoman (p13) -- I'm actually a huge fan of the Battle Network games, and Protoman's a character I always thought was just too awesome. Besides, Protoman is to Megaman as Meta Knight is to Kirby. And who doesn't know I'm a big Meta Knight fan.

Knuckle Joe (p13) -- My biggest goal with this moveset was to prove that another Kirby character was highly plausible. I get sick of people saying the Kirby roster already contains every possible playable character from the series. Plus, I tried to stay true to some of Joe's signature moves (like the three used in his Assist Trophy), and was very pleased at how well they fit into the moveset.

Biospark (p14) -- I got to thinking about how much of Smash was influenced by Kirby Super Star (particularly now with SSE), and I couldn't help but know where the wall-clinging idea came from. So, naturally, I had to make a plug for the character who did the wall-clinging way before everyone else. Turns out, I got a kick out of making a full moveset for him as well.

Ray 01 (p28) -- I think we need to see a playable Custom Robo rep in the next Smash, and as Ray 01's the first Robo I ever took command of, I'm rather attached, so I had to make the moveset.

Baby Mario Bros. (p28) -- Possibly the moveset I'm most proud of. I love these little guys, and I wanted to show how they could be incorporated as a team unit, without being completely IC-like. What I ended up with...surprised even me! If you're gonna check any of my movesets, this would be a good choice.

Megaman.EXE (p29) -- I honestly would've preferred to do a Megaman entry that combined elements from different games, but as Megaman X had already been done, I let my love for the Battle Network games run wild. I had a lot of fun with this moveset, and I think it really shows how diverse Megaman could be if he were in Smash.

Sir Kibble (p43) -- I wanted to do another Kirby entry, but I couldn't really decide on one. I could probably do one for any of the reasonably playable KSS helpers (Waddle Doo, Poppy Bros. Jr., etc.), but I finally decided it might as well be the one I got my username from. So no, this is not a self-insert.

Ivan (p43) -- When it comes to Golden Sun, all the love is for Isaac. Well, since Ivan's my favorite character, I took it upon myself to come up with a moveset for him. I don't think it's anywhere near my best, but I did enjoy making this one.

Erk (p45) -- I wanted to do a Fire Emblem character, and Erk's always been my favorite character, both because I'm a fan of magic-users and because, personality-wise, he kind of reminds me of myself. Anyway, I also thought it was good because I got to show how I think a Mage/Sage could be incorporated into Smash. So yeah, this was another fun one for me.

Adeleine (p54) -- Many pages after I'd done my supposed last Kirby entry, I thought of making a moveset for Adeleine, and I just couldn't stop myself. Seeing as how she's never actually been playable, I had to get creative, but I had tons of fun making this one, and I think it's among my better movesets.

Toon Zelda / Tetra (p83 / 87) -- Yeah, they're on separate pages, but each has a link to the other, so take your pick. I'd pretty much figured I was done making movesets, since I'd run completely out of ideas for a while. But then I realized this hadn't been done, and I rushed to get the moveset finished, knowing it wouldn't be easy. I miraculously managed to make Toon Zelda so she wasn't a Zelda clone, and Tetra really nothing like Shiek (thought that was much, much easier). This is another of my movesets I'm really proud of.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
I looked at all ur movesets SirKibble and they are all awesome!

And thanks for the nomination half_silver!!!

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Finished DigitalPh33r Master Chief.
(pg 79)

Feedback plz.

Him and Super-Eraser (pg 5) are more than likely going to be my only entrants.

And...is there going to be a 3.0?

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Well, everybody else is doing it, so...

Sir Kibble (p43)

Adeleine (p54)

Toon Zelda / Tetra (p83 / 87)
Those were my favorites from you, SirKibble.
If you're willing to take any critcism, I would like to say something about your Ivan from Golden Sun:

Your movesets were perfect and his actions were realistic to how he fought in the real game. I'm sure you've played the game, obviously, otherwise you wouldn't know much about him.
If I had to suggest anything though it would be to vary up his stats a little more... in the first Golden Sun, Isaac and Garret were the powerhouses with physical strength and weakened Djinn powers (except for Isaac, who of course was probably the best character). Ivan and Mia served as the healers/magicians. They were quicker, less defensive, and weaker offensively.
How this could apply to your character?
Make Ivan slightly lighter, faster, weaker, quicker (dodging and such) than your average brawler, like Mario.

I'm not trying to sound like a d!ck, I just want to voice something to you since I feel like I'm only being a friendly critic here.

But seriously, I don't wanna rant about that, but your movesets are AWESOME.
It's especially great how you even give detail on how people act during the fight, like how they look when they're dazed from a broken shield or how they recover from the edge. I had never thought of that before.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
And...is there going to be a 3.0?
I hope there is a 3.0. If they do it, can we redo movesets from this contest in 3.0? I want to be able to do some of the same characters I made in this contest in the next one.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
Okay, Okay, here it is, my last hurrah for the contest. Hope you enjoy it, I really worked my butt off.

Challenger Approaching!

LEGO Darth Vader!

The dark lord of the brick joins the brawl, at long last!

Stats (out of 5)
Size: About Pikachu’s height
Power: 3
Speed: 3
Weight: 2 (He’s made of blocks)
Recovery: 4
Jump: 4
Mid-air: 4
Descent speed: 2
Wall cling: no
Wall kick: no
Crawl: no
Glide: yes (Because he has the force)

Tilts

Neutral A combo: A lightsaber slash to the left, then the right, then straight down, each strike does 5%, last hit has OK knockback, kills at 90% or more. Not the best, but whaddyagunnado?

Left/right: Vader kinda leans forward as he stabs with his lightsaber

Up: Vader basically does Ike’s up tilt with his saber.

Down: Vader crouches down and swings his saber at ankle-height

Dash: Vader (being made of Lego’s), while running, has his upper body come apart from his leg blocks, causing his body to fall forward and hurt those he hits.
Smash

Forward: A powerful left-to-right swing of the saber. High knockback, 10% damage.

Up: Vader shoves his saber upward. No knockback, but gives your foe a good flinch.

Down: An arcing swing of the saber that goes over Lego Vader’s head before slamming down in front of him.

Aerial

Neutral: Vader spins around with his saber out, like Meta Knight

Up: Vader tosses one of his Lego arms upwards.

Forward: A mid-air swing of his saber.

Back: Vader does a sort of backwards headbutt.

Down: Vader collapses into a pile of Lego pieces that fall to the ground, doubling his falling speed. The pieces do minimal damage each, but all the pieces together do 12%. All pieces do 1% but the lightsaber, which does 4%. Once all the pieces are on the ground, Vader will reappear as his normal self immediately. However, this move leaves Vader mildly vulnerable, as he still takes damage in pieces form. He does not get knockback’ed, but he does take any damage.

Special Moves:

Neutral B: Saber throw:
Vader throws his lightsaber. Not original enough for ya? Well, he also throws the arm holding his saber. Slower moving than Lego Toss (see below), but does good damage and good knockback, kills at 70%.

Up B: Lego kit
Lego Vader’s head goes flying up wards in whatever angle the player chooses (you get about as much prep time as Wolf’s), then the rest of his body (in a Lego trail) follows. After Vader’s body reforms, he spins around in the air before diving down with his lightsaber.

Side B: LEGO Force Push:
Vader summons a wall of Lego blocks to push his opponent away. Does no damage, but pushes them like FLUDD. Can be charged, but charge can’t be saved. Full charge would sweep a player off the Smashville moving platform.

Down B: Force Deflect
Vader holds out his hand and creates a small field around himself that will deflect any projectile, energy or otherwise. Projectiles will not always deflect right back at the user--sometimes, they might go straight up or away at an angle.

Grabs

Grab: Force Choke: Vader holds up his hand. Anyone within about 2/3 Toon Link’s range gets hoisted in the air.

Grab attack: Vader chokes his enemy via the force.

Up throw: Vader tosses his enemy up, nothing fancy. Average strength.

Forward throw: Vader bats his enemy away with his lightsaber.

Back throw: Vader uses the force to whirl his enemy around him and toss them backwards.

Down throw: Vader slams his enemy down and drops a small pile of Lego blocks out of nowhere
On top of them. 15% damage.

Final Smash: Lego Death Star: A pile of Lego pieces fall in the background, creating a Lego Death Star: A targeting reticule appears on the screen that you control, and when you get a target in sight, press A for the Death Star’s cone cannon to fire a large blast that last for about 8 seconds, like the cannon on the Halberd, damaging anyone in its path except of course, Lego Darth Vader. Lego Vader is free to attack any character caught in the blast while they are frozen in its line of sight. The attack does a total of 80% if you get stuck in its entirety, and can kill at 30% from knockback.

Occasionally, this FS will fail, and the pile of Lego’s will fall onto the stage instead of the background. The pile does not form a death star, but forms a large heap that becomes part of the terrain. Anyone caught directly under when the heap falls will take 40% damage and be killed from knockback if over 70%, including Lego Vader .On stages like New Pork City or even Norfair, you can probably avoid it, but to give you a meter stick of the scope, Smashville would be completely covered.

Taunts:

Taunt 1: Vader pulls his right arm off, holds it in his left, examines it, then puts it back.
Taunt 2: Vader swings his lightsaber wildly.
Taunt 3: Vader puts his hands on his hips and seems to laugh…but all we hear is that breathing…

Victory Poses:
1: Same as Taunt 3
2: Vader slices through two repair droids, causing them to explode. A pile of Lego studs lies on the ground.
3: Vader is seen force choking a Stormtrooper, but eventually lets him go and folds his Lego arms over his chest. The trooper rubs his neck until you press start.

Lose pose: Vader lies motionless, a pile of Lego bricks.

Miscellaneous Crap

Dodge: Vader collapses into his pieces form.

Wiimote Sound: That glorious heavy breathing.

Symbol: Vader’s silhouetted mask

Alt. Costumes:
Vader's outfit turns from black to brick red, dark blue, christmas tree-green, and neon yellow. Also...

Kirby Hat: Kirby wears Vader’s helmet like Chewbacca does the Stormtrooper helmet in the above picture. Kirby also throws his pink stubby arm along with the lightsaber, like Vader throws his.

Entrance: Is lying on the ground as a pile of Lego’s but then suddenly assembles himself.

Stage: Lego Endor

It’s not as big as it looks. You can fight on the little landing pad to the right in the picture, or double-jump over to the various branches and Ewok habitat to the left. There is no ground, so if you fall out of the trees or off the landing pad, remember to use /\B!

Stage music:
Classic Star Wars theme
Vader Theme (Of Course)
Endor
Mustafar
Death Star Assault
Mos Eisley

Role is Subspace Emissary: See below

How to Unlock: In SSE, there are 4 Lego pieces hidden throughout the game. One is in Entrance to Subspace, one is in both level of Subspaces, and 1 is obtained in the Great Maze after defeating Lego Rancor (see below). Collect all four and then defeat Lego Darth Vader to unlock him and simultaneously have him join your party.

Boss:

Lego Rancor!
Deep in the Great Maze, there is a secret door that, if entered, pits you against the dreaded Lego Rancor. It’s a massive, slow moving beast whose mighty claws deal massive damage. He mostly just slams his fists on the ground, resulting in painful shockwaves, but sometimes, you will see him wind up his mighty claw in preparation. This is your cue to run away, because he’s about to sweep down, pick up, and shove you in his mouth for massive damage.
However, since he’s made of Lego’s, you can cripple him from attacking by attacking his arms. After taking 40%-80% (depending on the difficulty setting) damage each, the arms will collapse into a pile of Lego’s. Any damage done to his arms will still detract from Lego Rancor’s health bar, but it has the added effect previously mentioned. If you destroy his arms, Lego Rancor will resort to charging at you. It’s easy to see coming, but try not to get hit. Rancor’s a big guy with lots of health, but he’s also slow. Battle on!

Assist Trophies:

Lego Emperor:

The Lego version of Emperor Palpatine appears and begins to electrocute enemies with force lightning.

Lego Boba Fett:

The Lego version of the universe’s best bounty hunter appears and begins flying around, attacking with his blaster rifle and flamethrower.

Lego Jar Jar Binks:

Lego Jar Jar appears and starts talking gibberish until someone hits him, then he collapses into a pile of Lego’s. Whoever hits him heals 20%. Good riddance.

Snake Codec:
Snake: Mei-Ling, this guy looks like Darth Vader--but he’s so much more adorable!
ML: Stay focused, Snake. That’s LEGO Darth Vader. He’s like Darth Vader, only made out of--
S: Lego’s?
ML: Yes.
S: Well, that shouldn’t be too hard…
ML: Snake, he still has the force and he still has that lightsaber, so you really need to be CAREFUL.
S: Mm-hm. Say, when I beat, you think I could keep the pieces and make, like, a spaceship or something?
ML: Good-bye, Snake.

And goodbye, Make Your Move 2.0! It’s been fun, but with only a handful of days left, I’m afraid this is most definitely my final entry. I’ll still lurk about and give credit when credit is due, but this is my last official submission. Good job, everybody, and may the best character win.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
OK. I know MYM is nearing it's end and the entries need to get wrapped up, I just HAVE to do this moveset.

Sweeney Todd, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street, has joined the Brawl!

Overview
Sweeney Todd, despite having short range and a limited movepool, is actually fairly decent. His attacks are super-fast and he can rack up damage quickly, then go in with charged Kettle Bash (Side B) for the kill. He has a lot of good annoying moves as well. His Neck Slicer (Up B) works in a similar fashion to Captain Falcon's Up B, with the excepttion that it is a Meteor Smash. Plus, his Trap Chair (Down B) can be comboed with fast-hitting attacks or a fully charged Shave (B) to rack up some percent.

Sharpening Your Razor
Sweeney Todd's razor gets dull after a while. To Sharpen your Razor, you can use Shave (B) or his Up Taunt. With a sharp razor, attacks do more damage. But with a duller one, they tend to do less damage, but they have a bit more knockback. So sharpening wisely is a huge part of Sweeney's game.

Stats
Size: 3.5 (About C. Falcon's height)
Power: 3.5
Speed: 4
Weight: 3
Range: 2.5
Jump: 2.5

Tilts
A: Punches once, then slashes with razor.
Forward Tilt: Stabs with razor
Up Tilt: Slashes razor over him
Down Tilt: Kicks low
Dashing A: Slices razor 3 times.

Smashes
Forward Smash: Pulls out a second razor and slashes with them.
Up Smash: Jumps up and spins around with his razor
Down Smash: Slashes razors both ways

Aerials
Neutral Air: Does many flips, slicing with his razor.
Forward Air: Slashes his razor forward.
Back Air: Does a kick similar to Mario's Bair.
Up Air: Slices two razors upward.
Down Air: Rears up one leg, then stomps down forcefully.

Throws
Forward Throw: Kicks them away
Back Throw: Spins them once then throws them
Up Throw: Uppercuts with his razor
Down Throw: Slices their neck, then sets them down.

Specials

B: Shave
Sweeney Todd sharpens his razor. When the button is released, Sweeney releases a barrage of slashes onto the enemy. Chargeable, and the charge can be kept.

Side B: Kettle Bash
A stove appears next to Sweeney Todd. He then pulls the kettle of boiling water off it and smashes it on the foe. The longer you go without using it, the more poweful the move gets.

Up B: Neck Slicer
Sweeney jumps up with his razor. If he contacts an enemy, he slashes their neck then slams them down. If not, he goes into helpless.

Down B: Trap Chair
Sweeney's Barber Chair appears next to him and he grabs the enemy. If he connects, he puts them in the chair and pulls the lever, slamming them into the ground like Donkey Kong's Side B.

Final Smash: Too Close Shave
Sweeney Todd pulls out his Barber's Sheet over the enemy. If it connects, it goes to a cutscene. the enemy it put in the chair and Sweeney Todd walks out from the darkness. He says, "How 'bout a shave?" He then slices them many times with the razor. He then pulls the lever and the enemy dissapears. When the cutscene ends, the enemy goes flying.

Other

Entrance: A ship comes in the side off the screen and he jumps off and pulls out his razor.

Taunt 1: Sharpens his razor and smiles sadistically.
Taunt 2: Hold the razor in the air and says, "My friend."
Taunt 3: Does a sequence of slashes that do no damage.

Victory Pose 1: Has a random character in his chair. He pulls the lever and they go down the chute.
Victory Pose 2: Spins his razor in his hand and says, "I'll come back when you have Judge on the menu."
Victory Pose 3: Wipes blood off his razor.

Snake Codec
Snake: A barber? Perfect, I could use a shave...
Colonel: Don't get to close Snake, that's Sweeney Todd. People who go to his barber shop never come back.
Snake: An amateur barber in a fighting game? What's this world coming to?
Colonel: Snake, he's no amateur. He's a pro.
Snake: Then why does nobody come back?
Colonel: Did I say back? I meant out.
Snake: *gulp* I'll watch my back.
Colonel: I'd be watching my neck if I were you, Snake.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
hm... may as well plug my movesets lol

Sheena(pg 15) ~ Sheena's one of my favorite characters from tales of symphonia, and one of the most interesting, so she was my first entry. Once I finished her, I figured I may as well go all out & do more chars from the game.

Lloyd Irving(pg 75) ~ Lloyd is the main protagonist of the game, so giving him a moveset was an easy choice. His sword moves translate well into brawl, and his aggressive attacks serve as a foil to the more refined sword users like marth, ike & link.

Colette Brunel(pg 75, same post as Lloyd) ~ Colette has a very unique fighting style using a unique weapon that I wanted to incorporate into brawl. Her status as the main female protagonist of the game played a role as well.

I was thinking of doing one more moveset before the deadline... I've been considering Stanley Yelnats, the main character of the novel 'Holes'. & I am fully aware that I am pulling a mantlecore when I say ~ .... please stop me ~ :dizzy: lol

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
Well, everyone else doing these "Personal Table of Contents" things, so I guess it's my sworn duty.

Stephen Colbert: Page 21 (This was easily the most fun to put together, and one of my best)
Rorschach: Page 30 (I must admit, probably my least good moveset)
Dr. Doom: Page 54 (Another fun one. Ah, memories)
Fawful: Page 84 (Probably my best one, either this or Stephen Colbert)
Lego Darth Vader: Page 101
The Great Subspace Crisis: Page 43 (Man, that was SO much fun to write. Hope you guys enjoyed it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom