• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Matchup Thread: Pikachu!

Timbers

check me out
Hopefully not imposing, but I'll take my chances. We are currently discussing Lucario vs. Pikachu over at the Lucario boards and it's Pikachu's' chance to shine. =P! If you feel you can contribute to this matchup, then please do!

-What specific troubles do you have with Lucario as a Pikachu player? Does Lucario shut down any of your game?

-What advantages do you feel Lucario has against you?

-What disadvantages do you feel Lucario has against you?

-Is there any method or strategic goal you would use to win this match?

-What stages would you want to counterpick against a Lucario? What stages would you want to avoid?

I would greatly appreciate it if players of the board would give their input on the matches, thanks!

gallax

Smash Hero
uhhh. lucario isnt gonn be talked about in my matchup thread for about 3 weeks. we are currently on snake. but , if you feel that you want to talk about pika vs lucario, then i propose that my fellow pika players get together with your lucario players in a chat and we disuss the matchup. sound like a good idea?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
My opinion has already been given over on the lucario friggin sucks thread. let me go retrieve it.....

I also main both, so i will try to speak of this. Lucarios aerials outrange pikas, and are generally stronger and more able to combo. Lucario also out ranges pika on the ground with maybe the exception of pikas fsmash, which yippe it....tipped. what pika has is his speed. pika also has a very good edgegaurd ability, and can really make life hard for any lucario off the edge. I would say that it is a small lucario advantadge, but against any good pika lucario is in for a rough ride.
more specifically- the disjointed hitboxes of lucario really shuts down any offensive tactics by pika. The pikachu must play defensivly to win. if we try to combo, a simple dair from lucario can generally stop it, as could a nair. What i would do to win would be to hang around you, with the occasionaly qac, and wait for an opening. my esperience is running in gets you screwed. I would avoid stages with platforms as that increases the power of lucarios combos. other then that that is all the experience i have with lucario.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
-What specific troubles do you have with Lucario as a Pikachu player? Does Lucario shut down any of your game?
The fact that his base stats are higher, and that he can learn Earthquake, Extremespeed, and Close Combat.

(See above statement)

Pikachu's "static" ability can paralyze him, but that's about it.

Yeah. Switch to my Choice Scarf'd Blaziken and Flare Blitz or Sky Uppercut his ***.

-What stages would you want to counterpick against a Lucario? What stages would you want to avoid?
Stages with Sunny conditions are good for Flare Blitz's damage, but Rainy ones can reduce it; though they DO reduce the recoil on it.

I've been wanting to do this for the longest time....

Timbers

check me out
The fact that his base stats are higher, and that he can learn Earthquake, Extremespeed, and Close Combat.

(See above statement)

Yeah. Switch to my Choice Scarf'd Blaziken and Flare Blitz or Sky Uppercut his ***.

Stages with Sunny conditions are good for Flare Blitz's damage, but Rainy ones can reduce it; though they DO reduce the recoil on it.

oh, you are darling.

>_>

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039

(See above statement)

What if it's CB Lucario and Extremespeeds on the switch?

Top Bottom