• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0-Starts Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
By The Twelve-Headed Snake God Glycon! All praise be Blitzkrieg! I can't think of anyone better to carry the MyM mantle! Kudos and good luck, good sir! Time to start planning movesets.....

Boba Fett, Green Goblin, and Joe Perry, for starters!

HeoandReo

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps I might bring back some of my other previous ideas for topic #3.

And I might also make a list for the new topic too.

Nonetheless, good job Blitz. I'll be waiting for the next one.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Okay, since I'm not that good with the stats, I just make comparisons, okay? Also, I hope this is okay... it's my first time doing something like this. ;-; So don't bite me D:

Lip

Originally appearing as major character in the first installment of the Panel de Pon-series (outside of Japan Tetris Attack), Lip is the fairy of flowers. Her magic resolves around nature and flowers. But don't underestimate this young girl, as she is fairly strong. Only few people can compete with her when it comes to magical power, so keep an eye out!

Stats
Size: She is about the same height like Olimar (without Antenna), maybe a bit taller
Weight: Only Jigglypuff and G&W are lighter than Lip
Speed: She walks and runs pretty much as fast as Peach
Power: She has little knockback in most of her attacks like Metaknight, but those being fairly strong will be told in the moves-section
First Jump: Her first jump is comparable to Lucas'
Second Jump: Her second jump is comparable to Link's
Fall Speed: Wario-ish kind of floaty
Crouch: She can get even smaller by crouching and so dodge most projectiles, but she cannot crawl

Standard Attacks
A, A - Lip slaps, first normally, then backhanded. It comes out fast, but does not much damage or knockback
Ftilt - A bit stronger backhand slap, the knockback is, for a tilt, fairly decent, but the damage is low and she needs a little recover from being so vicious!
Utilt - She raises her hand upwards and throws some kind of fairy dust, which takes a triangle form, in the air. The range of this attack is good, but knockback and damage are not that high.
Dtilt - Finally, Lip's Stick makes an entrance. Like Wario's fingersticking, Lip points her stick in the direction she is looking it. The attack comes out extremely fast and flowers the enemy, however, it does not much damage but nice knockback. The range is decently good.

Fsmash - She plainly bats with her own rod and hits the enemy like other characters do if using her stick as an item, however, it has better knockback than the item. If she carries a Lip's Stick-item, she will use her own, however, the flower takes the size of two hits.
Usmash - Once again a hit with her staff. It's straight upwards. If she stabbed her rod upwards, a small cloud of magic will come out to make a second blow. The first hit does more damage but has low knockback, the second hit does the knockback, but only low damage.
Dsmash - Lip's worst smash attack, she tilts her hips to both sides. It has extremely low range, only mediocre damage and knockback, but is useful for clearing space if getting attacked by more than one person.

Aerials
Nair - Much like Zelda, Lip turns around in the air, using magic coming out from her hands. It's a bit slower than Zelda's attack and has less range, but more damage and knock-back
Fair - Lip does an elegant sweep with her right hand and the coming out magic. Fast with good knockback, but bad range.
Bair - Lip kicks behind her. This move has a sweetspot, which would be her toetip. If she connects with it, the move is comparable to Falcon's Knee of Judgement. If she doesn't, the move is utter crap.
Uair - Lip sweeps her magiced hand above her head. It's much like Fair, just upwards.
Dair - First Lip "drills" her legs down, and then does a split with them. This attack has incredible range (well, for Lip's small body, anyway) and comes out incredibly fast, but, with most of her attacks, the knockback and damage are mediocre.

Situational Attacks
Dash Attack - Lip bats her stick in front of her like some beginner a sword. Compared to most of her other attacks, it's pretty good, but it comes out slow and needs much recovery - the knockback and damage are fairly good, though
Ledge Sweep (under 100%) - Lip backflips onto the ledge, kicking whoever stands too close
Ledge Sweep (over 100%) - She pulls herself up and bellyslides over the ground, clawing around with her hand
Get up Attack (under 100%) - Lip hops onto her feet, punching in both directions and then turning sidewards again.
Get up Attack (over 100%) - Sweeping with a magiced hand, she struggles herself back up to her feet.

Specials
B - Panel -- Lip sweeps her stick, summoning a Panel flying in a ballistic curve into the direction. The effect of the block depends on what colour it has, and some are more seen than others:
Yellow (Star, 40%) - No element, does low damage
Green (Circle, 20%) - No element, does low damage, however, flowers
Purple (Diamond, 20%) - Dark element, poisons, medium damage
Red (Heart, 10%) - Fire element, explodes on contact, high knockback when exploding, however, low damage
Cyan (Triangle, 10%) - Ice element, freezes enemy on contact, high damage
Like Peach's veggies, the Panels can be grabbed by an opponent in the air, and thrown back. Other than that, the Panels work the same like said vegetables.

B side - Fairy Dust -- Lip blows a cloud of fairy dust. It flies slowly and slightly above the ground. It has the aprroximate range of one of Luigi's fireballs, and pretty much works kinda the same.

B up - Flower Glide -- Lip pulls out her stick, turning it into a giant blowball while jumping into the air, and slowly glides umbrella-esque down. This move does no damage.

B down - Garbage Block -- Lip calls down a small garbage block from the air. This move is simalar to Pikachu's thunder mixed with Kirby's stone. It lands and breaks on the first obstacle it hits, doing nearly the same damage as Kirby's stone. Only Lip herself can't be damaged by it. It needs some time to come down and is for this a bit weak, but if used right Lip is able to knock out her enemy.

Grabs, Throws
Grab and Pummel - Lip grabs her opponent at their collar and slaps them.
F throw - Lip pulls her enemy close and bats them with her stick.
B throw - Same as F Throw, just with Lip turning herself around while batting.
U throw - Lip simply grabs the enemy, pulls them closer and throws them up.
D throw - Lip pulls her opponent closer, throws them down and jumps onto them, hopping off of them like off a trampoline.

Misc. Animations
Sleeping - She curls up like an infant and dozes cutely. Awww...
Dizzy - She stands, shaky, while moaning painfully

Final Smash - Tetris Attack -- Yes, I know the name is oh-so-witty, but come on, Super Dragon isn't that good either! Anyway. Lips makes a cute little battlecry and jumps in the air. It starts raining Garbage Blocks and Panels in random colours, however, these cannot be grabbed. Due to the high amount of Panels falling, of course there are more rare Panels there, as well! The Final Smash is finished with Cordelia, the final boss of Panel de Pon, appearing in the background, and blowing a comet onto the stage, which explodes. After this, Lip appears again where she was standing.

Taunts
Up - Lip does a little victory dance.
Side - Lip turns around to look at the back of her skirt, wiping some dust off.
Down - She puts up her thumb and says "Yay!"

Entrance
A big yellow flower appears and Lip jumps out of it, the flower then disappearing.

Alt costumes
Yellow Shirt, pink skirt and bow in her hair, brown boots, reddish brown hair (default)
Red shirt and hairbow, light pink skirt and boots, blonde hair ("Barbie Lip", set for Red Team)
Green shirt and skirt, orange-green bow in her hair, brown boots, mud brown hair (resembling Forest Fairy Thiana from Panel de Pon, set for Green Team)
White shirt, skirt, and boots, deep blue hair, purple hairbow (resembling Water Fairy Elias from Panel de Pon, set for Blue Team)
Purple skirt and shirt, white hairbow, green hair, purple boots (resembling Ocean Fairy Neris from Panel de Pon)
Black shirt, boots and hair, red hairbow and gray skirt. ("Emo Lip")

Victory Poses
Up - Lips spins around several times, then hops, saying "Yatta!". The hopping is looped.
Down - Lip sits on her big yellow flower (as in the menu in Panel de Pon), winking at the viewer and giggling.
Side - Lip smiles, holding up her stick, which is blooming and glowing slightly

Codec Converation
Snake: Mei Ling. There's a small girl wielding a giant flower.
Mei Ling: That's Lip, Snake. She's the fairy of flowers, and what she uses is her magical wand.
Snake: A fairy? This place sure gets odder every second I'm here.
Mei Ling: Watch out for her attacks. Her magic contains parasitic flowers which will drain your lifeforce.
Snake: So you mean she uses vampire plants?
Mei Ling: Yes. Be careful, Snake. She also will shoot blocks at you, which can on occasion explode.
Snake: Cute little girls having such vicious flowers as pets and throwing bombs in block form. I should get myself used to seeing a lot of strange and surprising things here.

SSE
Slight changes are made to the existing SSE.
When Olimar gets attacked by the giant R.O.B., Lip first wants to help the small guy, but Captain Falcon is too fast. Lip stands next to Olimar and the one single Pikmin when they look at the half genocide Falcon did with his move. She joins these two, then.

Items
Lip's Stick, duh

Assist Trophies
Windy (the Fairy of Air)
Windy will come out and fly into the air, starting to blow strong gusts over the battlefield (like Whispy Woods). She will occasionally change the directions of the wind. The user of the AT is not affected by the gusts.

Stages
Lip's Flower Garden

Basically, this stage is set up on a platform like Final Destination. There already are blocks randomly set on the ground of the stage, and others will descend from above. If the battle field is pretty high, the rows start to slide into the ground. This stage is like a Panel de Pon screen, just without walls caging the players. However, someone is "playing" on this stage, as well, a cursor (which is no obstacle) slides around and swaps out the panels, changing the stage constantly as much as the descending blocks do.

Logo
Simply a Panel with a heart shape in it.

Music
Panel de Pon - Lip's Theme
Panel de Pon - Forest Stage
Panel de Pon - Water Stage
Dr. Mario - Chill
Planet Puzzle League - Stage 3 (not available on YT ;-;)
Planet Puzzle League - Stage 4 (same <.<")
Tetris - Type A
Super Mario Land - Muda Kingdom

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Hm.
I'm very curious to what Commander Blitzkrieg will do with the next Make Your Move. GCM did a great job, but what's gonna be even better is the constant UPDATING.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Hm.
I'm very curious to what Commander Blitzkrieg will do with the next Make Your Move. GCM did a great job, but what's gonna be even better is the constant UPDATING.
Hey, quiet you or I'll start abusing my power. Any way almost done with my character the backstory took real long time to write since I couldn't copy it from wikipedia or anything (I blame comunism for this).

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
My Last Entry for this contest:

Dimentio

Description: Dimentio is a magical jester and a major antagonist in the game Super Paper Mario. Dimentio is a powerful magician capable of several feats, such as teleportation, duplication, and invisibility, which are all usually accompanied by a snap of his fingers. Strangely, he is never seen walking, opting to float instead.

Stats:

Height: 4
Weight: 3
Walk: 5
Run: 8
Range: 7
Power: 3
1st Jump: 4
2nd Jump: 5
Lag: 7
Glide: no
Crawl: no
Wall jump: no
Wall Cling: no

Attacks:

Normal Attacks:

A: Dimentio headbutts his opponent, dealing 5% per hit.
Dash Attack: Dimentio teleports a short distance and reappears with a kick (8%).

F-tilt: Dimentio does two consecutive kicks (4% and 3%, respectively)
U-Tilt: Dimentio does "dimension flip" (see below) above his head (6%)
D-tilt: Dimentio slides his hands in front of him (5%). Similar to Wario's d-tilt.

F-smash: Dementio charges by crouching and attacks giving two consecutive kicks followed by a head butt (6%, 6%, and 7%, respectively)
U-smash: Dimentio charges by summons energy over his head and attacks with a energy sphere (again, see below) above him. (17%)
D-smash: Dimentio charges by creating a clone and attacks by spinning the clone by his legs (14% front, 12% back)

Grab attack: Dimentio uses his "dimension flip" to his opponent. (3%)
F-throw: Dimentio pushes the opponent with magic. (7%)
B-throw: Dimentio turns around then throws the opponent. (8%)
U-throw: Dimentio dimension flips the opponent to the air and shoots a small energy sphere. (3% if the shot misses, 15% if the shot connects)
D-throw: Dimentio levitates slightly higher than usual and throws his opponent downward. (10%)

N-air: Dimentio start the animation of his teleport, but stays in the same place (6%).
F-air: Dimentio does a midair right kick (10%).
B-air: Dimentio kicks behind without turning around (4%)
U-air: Dimentio snaps his fingers above him (9%).
D-air: Dimentio does a downward snap in his amusement. (4% unspiked, 16% spiked).

Special Attacks:

B: Energy sphere: Dimentio summons a energy sphere in front of him (Charged fully: 19%, Uncharged: 12%)

Side B: Dimension Flip: Dimentio traps an opponent by flipping dimensions next to him and flips him/her around, like Mario's cape. If it doesn't connect, the attack will reflect projectiles at .9x damage. (no damage)

Up B: Teleport: Dimentio flips dimensions and reappears in any direction. Similar to Mewtwo's Up B.

Down B: Invisibility: Dimentio turns invisible at will. Same strengths and weaknesses to the cloaking device in SSBM.

Final Smash: Super Dimentio:

Dimentio gains the Chaos Heart and becomes Super Dimentio. This heavy character is so large, he's he is unable to walk. His head however can in any direction in a limited space (because of the chain). His head gives 20% damage for every time a player touches it. His body is very vulnerable to attacks, but like Giga Bowser, he receives no knockback from said attacks.

Other Useful Tidbits:

Unlock message: Master of dimensions, pleaser of crowds... Dimentio joins the brawl.
Entrance: Dimentio flips onto the stage.
Up Taunt: Dimentio takes off his hat, then quickly puts it back on.
Side Taunt: He "Dimension Flips" himself a couple of times.
Down taunt: Dimentio dances and snaps his fingers.
Insignia: Dimentio's Hat
Victory music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgSFL3_dgTE&feature=related (00:04-00-12)
Victory pose 1: Dimentio teleports from the left side to the right, then teleports again to the center in an idle position.
Victory pose 2: A bird's eye view shows three Dimentios waving at the camera. The camera then goes back to the regular position and now one Dimentio appears. (The others teleported to a secret location.)
Victory pose 3: Shoots energy spheres high upon the sky.
Losing pose: Claps his Hands.
Kirby Hat: Kirby acquires the Jester hat.

Codec message:
Snake: Mei Ling, why is there a clown here? Is this supposed to be funny.
Mei Ling: *static* What, Snake? I can't hear you.
S: Mei Ling! Are you there?
Dimentio*: No, Snake. Don't worry, she's alive. You just lost her signal.
S: Who are you?
D: Well, since you asked so nicely... I'm Dimentio, Master of Dimensions and Pleaser of Crowds.
S: So, you're the clown. Well then, mind if you tell me about youself.
D: Isn't the introduction good enough for you?
S: No, it isn't. *sigh* Guess I have to learn myself.

Alternate Colors:
Original
Black and white
Blue and Teal
Green and Lime
Red and Sienna

Unlockable by: Using Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser in any order in classic mode, or Finishing Subspace Emissary.

Stage: Dimension D

In this stage, Dimentio's attack strength increases 256 times... in Super Paper Mario. But in this game, Dimentio decided to play fair for the other players. Dimension D is a walk-off stage with an indestructible ceiling, so only side KOs are possible in this stage. The Ceiling is is about 9 stage builder blocks tall.

Music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgSFL3_dgTE&feature=related (Mr.L)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcEcKjLnRkk (Dimentio)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SpeH_heG_Y&feature=related (Dimentio battle)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd3y6Pci3g8&feature=related (The Ultimate Show)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO7OiXpMLL8&feature=related (Champion of Destruction)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqMzgUgf0Xg&feature=related (Birth Of A Chaos Heart)

Comments are appreciated.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
Heck Yes! 'Bout time we got a SPM rep! Great job on Dimentio!

So great, in fact, that I've added him into The Great Subspace Crisis (page 43).

Fantastical job to you, sir.

smashbot226

Smash Master
My second to last entry in the contest:

Cervantes de Leon. And he ain't no silly sculptor either, pal.

This guy is the Dread Pirate in the Soul Calibur universe, and the only one to be consistently considered one of the best characters in the game.

How will he fair in Brawl? Simple- very very well.

Cervantes is an excellent mix of strength and speed, and a little bit of range with his pistol dagger, Nirvana. However, his jumps are the lowest in the game, so his recovery is a bit- poor.

However, it'll be harder to knock him off anyway, so worry about that instead.

Strength- 4: A common theme of Cervantes's moveset is POWER.

Speed- 3: He's fast for a strong guy.

Jump- 1: Jumps like a broken pogo stick. Covers little to no horizontal height and only little vertical height.

Weight- 5: Cervantes is a heavy dude, with all that pirate gear and hefty swords.

Size- 4: Cervantes is human sized, so he's about as big as Falcon.

Crawl: No.

Wall Jump: Yes.

-------

A: Soul Swing (1)- Cervantes sends his right sword slicing in a right direction. 5% with little knockback and range.

A,A: Soul Swing (2)- Cervantes then follows up with a left slice with Nirvana. 6% damage with slightly more knockback.

A>: Crazy Combo- Cervantes sticks Nirvana out to stab the foe, then quickly follows up with a stronger slash from Soul Edge. 11% damage overall with medium knockback.

A^: Cannonball Lifter- Cervantes sends a casual slice upwards with Nirvana. 9% damage.

AV: Dread Wave- Cervantes sweeps left to right with both of his blades. 13% damage with long lag.

Fsmash: Wild Storm- Cervantes sends a crashing blade downwards after stepping forward. Insane range and power 23%, with high knockback. Ending lag is terrible, though.

Usmash: Pirate Crescent- Cervantes sends his swords upward in a closing motion, then downwards. 17% damage with high vertical knockback, with high ending lag.

Dsmash: Cannon Launch Kick- Cernates sends a boot downwards then upwards. 15% damage.

Dash: Sliding- Cervantes goes sliding under the opponent. 5% damage and trips under 75%.

Nair: Slant Cross- Cervantes spins his two swords all around himself. 17% damage possible and high konckback on last shot.

Fair: Iceberg Circular- Cervantes spins flips forward with blades outstretched. 20%! And spiking potential. Horrible ending lag.

Bair: Aft Dead Pressure- Cervantes sticks his two swords behind him. 14% damage with low ending lag but poor starting.

Uair: Cabin Fever- Cervantes fires a round from Nirvana into the air. 17% damage with high vertical knockback.

Dair: Sailor's Quarrel- Cervantes spirals downward swords first while spinning. Think of it as a multi-hitting version of Sonic's Dair.

Grab A: Bloody Mess- Cervantes bashes the foe with the hilt of Soul Edge.

Fthrow: Sadistic Cross- Cervantes sticks one sword in the foe, then the other, then he pulls them out, sending the foe flying. 19% damage with medium knockback.

Bthrow: Flash Flood- Cervantes spins around behind the foe, lifts them into the air with his blades, and sends a flying knee into their backs. 23% damage, with very high ending lag.

Uthrow: Surging Current- Cervantes tosses the foe into the air, charges up, then goes flying into the air while spinning with his blades outstretched. 20% damage.

Dthrow: Storm Generate- Cervantes sends a fist into the foe's stomach, with Nirvana, fires a few rounds in his chest, then tosses them into the ground. 17% damage.

B: Pirate's Scheme- Cervantes sticks his two swords out to counter a move. If successful, Cervantes quickly shoots a round in the foe's face. Does twice as much damage and knockback the countered attack WOULD do.

B^: Illusion Wave- Cervantes spins into the air three times with his blades outstretched, then points downward and fires a round below hi with enough force to push him up farther. Still yet, the range is pitiful and the damage mediocre in total (12%.)

BV: Flying Dutchman- Cervantes begins to charge a move up, then sends a half a dozen stabs into the foe before ending with a powerful stab which can either knock them back tremendously, or even stun them. 35% damage if charged to its max.

B>: Geo da Ray- Cervantes pulls his swords back and spins forward like a drill. Similar to a stronger, multi hitting version of the Spacer's Phantom dashes. 20% damage, but slow to start and you can just jump out of the way.

FS: Phantasm Fleet- Cervantes laughs as his swords spin around him in the air and around the stage, as they gather up people in its tornado of steel. Whoever is caught begins to take massive damage from the whirling blades, as Cervantes roars and the blades as well as the foes come crashing down, and the foes are knocked away.

Taunt 1: Cervantes laughs pitifully at the foes.

Taunt 2: He yells, "COME ON! IS this all you have, cur?!?"

Taunt 3: Plunges his swords into the ground, while roaring, "I AM HELL!" Then he pulls his swords back out.

Victory 1: HE has his arms crossed while his swords are spinning around his body, and he's laughing.

Victory 2: He does some fancy maneuvers with his two swords, then yells, "SEE MY POWER?!? THIS IS SOUL EDGE!"

Loss: Claps normally, albeit with a scowl.

Unlock Method- Beat Classic with Ganondorf, Bowser, and Dedede.

OR unlock in SSE or play 300 Brawls.

Symbol- Project Soul symbol.

Victory Theme- Soul Calibur Theme

SSE Role- After you beat SSE, a new area appears on the eastern side of the map, a pirate ship. It contains a portal to another dimension, which is Mario Bros. Cervantes is seen terrorizing the place, then you fight him, while playing to his theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX48Q3tAnuo

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Great jobs on Lip and Dimentio, both of you! That's pretty awesome for a first moveset Spade, but it's not suprising - helpful to look at movesets done before you, no?
Yes, I did look at other movesets, but I'm not good in doing the math about stats... Also, I think comparing it to some other move which would look similar would make it easier to imagine what I mean.
But thank you!

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Congratualations Commander Blitzkrieg for being nominated on doing Make Your Move 3.0 :)

I will probably update all my movesets one last time later before this Saturday comes. There is a lot of good movesets so far.

I will tell you about mine:

Page 8 - Paula Polestar

I thought she was very good because Ness needed a companion. MOTHER 2 didn't do her good justice, she just didn't talk as much as she could have in that game. But overall a very memorable game. It wasn't fare that Ness got in but Paula didn't, especially since Brawl lacks females they could have switched it up and had 3 Earthbound reps. I considered Paula because it was her who defeated Giygas, not Ness as it says in the trophy. Also, having a cute innocent like girl with a ribbon in the back of her head is a meme in Japanese culture, Brawl needed at least one and Paula would be the best candidate to represent that meme in Smash. Also, using teddy bears as both an attack and a shield is both embarassingly funny and awesome at the same time.

Page 30 - Maria

Sadness seems like such a cool game, I had no choice but to make a character from that game. Who else would it be but Maria? The Polish protagonist looks to be very different than any other character, in the fact that she's just a normal woman trying to save her son in a game that takes place in Poland. I have to think the people making this are very inventive, but I really hope Nibris actually gets their act up together so their game won't go the way of Duke Nukem Forever (which will never come out).

Page 43 - Salahuddin Ayyub

I like Salahuddin Ayyub. I played some Broken Cresent and he reminded me of a lot of things, especially when I went on a trip to Jerusalem and saw many things he built like the little structure at the Dome of the Rock where Muslim women teach their children the Quran. I always liked the Crusades time, I even liked Assassins Creed but Salahuddin is a legend among both the Christian West and Islam alike. I put my heart and soul into the moveset because I knew he'd be very different so I hope he stood out quite a bit. He was a very strong warrior of Islam who is remembered in history.

Page 47 - Carl Johnson

Even though I like Saints Row better, CJ was probably my favorite protagonist when Rockstar actually did their games well. CJ knew a lot of things and was very cool in my eyes. We need some good gangbangin' in this Smash game.

If you'd like, can you leave feedback on any of my four characters please?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
smashbot, I love Cervantes and I want to put him in the SS, but I'm not entirely sure how I could tie him in. I mean, we already have three SC characters.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I feel ignored I made an original character and haven't got 1 comment please people top of page 91 I really worked hard on it.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Fed and Shade

Backstory: Two characters from a series of novela I'm writing on writing.com. For the record Fed is on the left and Shade is on the right. I'll start with Fed. Fed was an orphan after his parents disappeared leaving him on the steps of an orphanage wearing only a Fedora. He grew up in the orphanage taking a comedical view on life. On his 13th birthday however he was diagnosed with a deadly virus that would slowly eat away his organs until he was empty inside.

He became depressed and thats where Shade comes in. Shade was also orphaned as a child after his entire family was killed by a Mafia family for being in a rival family. In his fathers will it stated he was to be put in an orphanage to escape the Mafia. Shade was orphaned at the age of 13 and was put in the same orphanage as Fed arriving a week before Fed sunk into depression. In that time he tried to befriend Shade. Shade wanted nothing to with anyone in the orphanage and only wanted to be left alone until the day he could get out and rebuild his family. After Fed sunk into depression Shade felt bad for mistreating Fed since he was them only one who paid attention to him. Shade convinced Fed that they were friends and that he would help Fed see the world before he died. The two spent 2 years training them selves mentaly and physicaly. They both learned martial arts. On Fed's 15th birthday they ran away from the orphanage and headed out.

In the first year they stayed in their town and got jobs while continuing to improve themselves. Fed getting tired of Shades smoking built glass balls to fill with the smoke. He started to practice with them teaching himself to be extremely agile and to use his hat as a weapon in conjunction with a knife. Shade started to practice with a gun that belonged to his father that he had kept hidden with him his intire life. Shade also began to learn how to use his father's sunglasses which where desighned to destort light around a person allowing them to cloud anothers vision while they are unaffected. shade would be unaffected because he always wears sunglasses thus the world is always darker to him. After a year of living under a bridged in the city they grew up in Fed started to cough up blood and they decided it was time to start their travels. Thats a summary of the first chapters.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Playstyle: The two play like Zelda and Sheik with down B switching them in and out. While one is out the other may say something in certain situations (more on this later). If either one is out for two long they become fatigued and will fall asleep on the spot. this happens after about thirty seconds making it immposible to main a single one, also it takes 15 seconds to recharge. Right before this happens they will say something to give warning. They are both very strong however Fed is harder to use. Like wise they are both very high tier but you have to be good with them both to play them.

Stats:
Fed:
Power: 5/10
Walking Speed: 7/10
Dash Speed: 9/10
1st Jump: 10/10
2nd Jump: 10/10
Range: 5/10
Weight: 2/10
Fallspeed: 5/10
Height: Roughly as tall as Snake

Shade:
Power: 10/10
Walking Speed: 2/10
Dash Speed: 6/10
1st Jump: 5/10
2nd Jump: 6/10
Range: 9/10
Weight: 5/10
Fallspeed: 5/10
Height: Same as Fed

A Moves:

Fed:

A: Fed takes off his hat whips it front of him. Normal A attack. If you pause and tilt the camera to see the inside of his hat a switchblade is inside the hat.
Tap A: Normal A over and over again.
Dash A: He sticks his head forward and whips it back cutting using the knife in the hat.

Forward Tilt: Fed swings his right elbow forward. It dose more damage if the tips hits.
Down Tilt: Fed grips his hat on both sides thows it down infront of him and then tips his head back to pull it up by a string. It can hit going both ways.
Up Tilt: Fed flicks one side of his hat. It spins once upward and lands on his head. It has very low damage but good range.

Nair: Fed holds his hat infront of him curls into a ball and flips. Fairly weak.
Fair: Fed grips his hat clapped between his hands and lays himself out midair. Some landing lag.
Uair: Fed holds his hat in one hand and dose 3 full spins upward. This attack dose multiple hits and can be used for a small recovery.
Bair: He grabs his hat and dose a 360. He keeps his arm over his opposite shoulder until he is facing behind himself then he slices and puts it back on while going back to normal position.
Dair: He grabs his hat faces the screen, puts it in between his legs while pulling his legs up and flips forward.

Shade:

A: Shade flicks his wrist towards the screen pistol whiping the opponent.
Tap A: He whips away from the screen then back towards then away then ect.
Dash A: Shade puts his right arm in front of him and gains some momentum diving forward.

Forward Tilt: Shade sticks his right hand up (which he holds his gun in) and brings it down infront of him.
Down Tilt: Shade dose a sweep kick across the ground.
Up Tilt: Shade sticks his right arm straight up.

Nair: He dose a 360 with his right arm extended the whole time.
Fair: Shade swiped his hand infront of him hitting with the gun.
Uair: Shade kicks both his legs straight up and back down. The attack is long with lots of chances to hit but it causes landing lag if you land in the middle.
Bair: Shade dose a mid-air spin kick. Basic attack.
Dair: Shade pulls his legs up and kicks them down diagonoly. This is a fast-falling dair.

Smashes:

Fed:

Forward Smash: Fed grabs his hat in his right hand and holds it over his left shoulder as he charges. On release he slices it in front of himself. This attack has very little lag.

Down Smash: Fed holds a glass ball in front of his face while charging then upon release throws it on the ground. Glass goes in both directions doing multiple hits but with little damage.

Up Smash: Fed flicks his hat like he dose in his up tilt however this gose much further, spins more times and dose more damage. This is his strongest smash attack

Shade:

Forward Smash: Shade shoots off a round that explodes mid air infront of him. This attack is incredibly powerful. It also has very good range that increases the more you charge it. The lag is about average making this his best attack.

Down Smash: Shade turns so his back or front is facing the screen depending on wheather he's facing left or right. He points his right arm straight at the ground. He then fires at the ground causing an explosion around him. This attack has more range than his forward smash but does far less damage as well as taking longer to do.

Up Smash: Shade aims straight up and shoots creating a small fireball, slightly smaller than the size of his head. This attack dose less damage than both his other final smashes and has very low range. However there is little lag.

Speacials:

Fed:

B: Throwing Knife Strike: Fed holds a knife between two fingers and throws it. It gows at an ark. If you hold down the button then you can use the joystick to adjust the angle. It is spamable and can be fired quickly. It dose more than an average projectile.

Up B: Smoke Ball: Fed throws a smoke ball at feet. He will reappear depending on how the joystick was angled. This similar to dimmension cape. A hit can be done when Fed reappears if B is it properly. This attack is also useful for offensive purposes
as the hit is quick but strong. If he is hit right as the smoke is going around him the attack dose double damage. The smoke appears quickly but it completely covers his body as opposed to sheiks recovery.

Forward B: Poison Smoke Ball: Fed throws a smoke ball at his feet and smoke identical to his Up B comes out. However if this smoke is hit the opponent revices massive damage (This includes projectiles) which can be up to 50%. This attack dose no knockback. When the smoke clears Fed laughs giving an oppurtunity to hit him.

Down B: Calling Shade: If Fed is not fatigued he will say "Shade I think hes more your speed" in a cocky manner, as he throws a smoke ball (identical to his other attacks) and dissappears revealing Shade he will reply "Don't speak down to me". If he is fatigued he will say "Shade I'm tired take over" and Shade replys "Don't worry I've got him". If he is over 150% he will say "Shade I... can taste blood", Shade will reply "Hurry rest, I'll kill this b*st*rd".

Shade:

B: Dark Gun: Shade tips his glasses with his left hand making a black spot on his right hand which at the same time he uses to fire his gun. It moves as fast as a sheik needle but dose more damage. If the button is pressed in time shade will continue to spam bullets. After each shot he changes positions for example first he shoots normaly, then he pivots his waist to one side and tips his gun, then he spins all the way around and fires between his legs, he then sticks one leg on the opposite side of the other to continue turning and fires under the same shoulder. If all this is done in a steady time then he will jump back facing the original direction and fire a massive shot covered in fire. This attack is difficult because you must follow a steady fireing beat that you set with the first two shots and there is a bit of lag.

Up B: Dark Movement: Shade tips his glasses and dissappears into a shadow. This attack is the same as Fed's after that besides the double damage part.

Forward B: Dark Rush: Shade tips his glasses and disappears in to a shadow then re-appers a few feet forward and shoots his gun once. It has the power of one of his B shots. After using this attack in the air you can't attack again or jump or what ever.

Down B: Calling Fed: If he is unfatigued he will call out "Fed you need practice, get out her", and tip his glasses dissapearing in a shadow, and when it clears Fed will be there and reply "What? Are you my mother now?". If fatigued he will say "Fed I'm tired lend a hand" and Fed will reply "Yeah dude, I got you". If he is over 150% he will say "Fed I'm in deep sh*t" and Fed replys "I'll rip him apart".

Throws:

Fed:

Grab: Simple reach and grab.
Grab Hit: He slaps them
Up Throw: He throws them up and throws his hat after them doing damage and then it returns.
Forward Throw: He throws them forwardand dose the same as his up throw but horizontal.
Back Throw: He throws them over his shoulder and dose the same as his forward throw.
Down Throw: He throws them down in front of him self and kicks them forward.

Shade:
Grab: Simple reach and grab.
Grab Hit: He slaps them.
Up Throw: He throws them up and shoots them once.
Forward Throw: He throws them forwardand dose the same as his up throw but horizontal.
Back Throw: He throws them over his shoulder and dose the same as his forward throw.
Down Throw: He throws them down in front of him self and kicks them forward.

Final Smash
Final Chance: They both appear and Fed collapses coughing up blood and finally laying onto the ground. Shade picks up his hat puts it on his head and says "I'll make you fell my pain right now". He throws all of Fed's smoke balls creating a massive cloud anyone caught in the cloud will be hit. Shade dissapears into a shadow, then a shadow appears in the smoke and a series of gunshots can be heard. After the smoke clears all players hit will be on the ground infront of Shade as he says "Tell Fed I miss him" and fires a a bullet that dose no damage but massive knockback. Fed's body disappears and he can't be changed into for 20 seconds. They recive damage from this attack.

Taunts:

Fed:
1: He spins his hat on his index finger, smiles and laughs
2: He leans forward, sticks his tougne out, pulls one eyelid down and says "Come and get me"
3: He closes his eyes, shakes his head and says "You're gonna lose to someone with a fatal disease?"

Shade:
1: He spits out his ciggarette steps on it puts in a new one then shoots the tip to light it.
2: He puts his gun in his holster, holds his hands up and says "Come and get me tough guy"
3: He puffs his cig and says "Just to warn ya, I'm p*ssed today"

Poses:
Fed:
Victory 1: He puts his hands on his hips and declares "I rule all" and starts laughing until Shade slaps him over the head knocking him over onto his face.
Victory 2: Fed plays along with the victory theme on a trumphet.
Victory 3: He tjrows his hat up and it lands perfectky on his head.
Losing: He stands on his knees, head down and palms open on the ground. shade pats him on the back.

Shade:
Victory 1: He takes his cig out of his mouth and says "You never stood a chance". Fed looks at him scared.
Victory 2: Fed steals his glasses while Shades back is to the screen. Shade aims his gun at Fed as he runs in the background.
Victory 3: He shoots to his right then his left and then at the screen. Fed stands their flinching everytime he shoots looking worried.
Losing: He puts his gun to his head and Fed pulls his arm down giving him a look like "Oh Stop".

Animations:
Entrance: Shade comes out of a black shadow and for Fed a puff of smoke puffs up and it clears revealing him.
Walking: Shade walks slowly, with his hands in his pockets without bending his back at all. Fed walks quickly with lots of exaderated movement.
Dash: Shade runs pretty fast with lots of pumping of his arms with his gun in hand. Fed dashes very fast leaning forward a lot and his arms behind him.
Idle: Shade taps his foot and lets smoke out of his mouth. Fed tips his hat and raises one eyebrow.
Sleeping: Shade stands straight up and stays absolutely still. Fed lays on his back with his hat over his face.
Stunned/Confused: Shade sways with his hand on his forhead. Fed bobs back and forth.

Codec:
Snake: This guy keeps disappearing into shadows
Otacon: Thats Shade, his glasses can distort light and if your eyes aren't use to it you can't see it.
Snake: His parents named him Shade? Thats weird.
Otacon: Well actually thats not his real name and his an orphan.
Snake: What kind of ophanage lets a kid carry a gun.
Otacon: Well he kinda snuck that in. Its his father's and it can shoot a variety of ammo in many ways.
Snake: Sounds like a lousy ophanage to me.

Snake: AH! I'm sick of these two switching with eachother
Mei Ling: The reason they switch is to let eachother rest Snake. They may not show but they really care for eachother.
Snake: Its still annoying.
Mei Ling: You haven't ever cared for someone like that snake?
Snake: I'll worry about that as soon as this guy stops throwing his hat at me.

Music:
When I desighned these characters I heavily based them on ska music. If you don't know ska combined elements of Caribbean mento and calypso with American jazz and rhythm and blues. It is characterized by a walking bass line, accented guitar or piano rhythms on the offbeat. Ska bands sometimes use horns (which is why Fed can play trumphet). So all their music is Ska.

"We Will Fall Together"
By Streetlight Manifesto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBjYX7CzWUc

"Superman"
By Goldfinger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfwsxoo_FL8

"Shining On"
By Big D and the Kids Table
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8oM_-K9rXY&feature=related

"A 9mm And A Three Piece Suit"
Catch 22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POd4yUp-Nus

Secret:
"Point/Counterpoint"
By Streetlight manifesto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9VO-w3djsA&NR=1

Victory Theme:
00:17-00:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7A8Mkg1qYQ

Wiimote Sound:
Gunshot and then a trumphet being blown

Icon:

Alt Costumes:
Switch: Fed wears Shade's suit and Shade wears Fed's shirt and pants
White: Fed's shirt and pants are lighter shade of gray and his hat is pure white. Shade wears a white suit instead of black.
Red: Shade wears a dark red suite. Fed wears a suit stripped with the dark red in Shade's suit and a slightly lighter red.
Silloutte: The original picture I had up.

Kirby Hat:
Fed: Oh geez thats a tuff one oh wow what should it be, well I guess I'll go with the fedora.
Shade: Glasses and his hair.

Stage:
Hometown: The town they are from is a fictional american city that is based off of London. Imagine a space of ground in the left corner with a walk off and a broken part of a stone bridge above it. Then water out from there with one moving platform. Standing on the bridge causes it to break. Heres a 1 minute mspaint sketch.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord

Almost done with SS, working on the last few chapters right now. Right now. I'm on Chapter 24 and I'm still going.
Its shapping up pretty good. I'll be writing mine as soon as we have the final roster. Also I require fedback. I want to make sure I got everything right with Fed and Shade (right above this)

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
hahaha the story is cool and funny. Also, you made Teen Ness pretty cool :D

Fed and Shade are pretty cool, very in-depth. I dont understand their final smash that much though..... Also do they share HP meters? And do they look pretty much liek the picture you supplied, in a G&W style?

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
hahaha the story is cool and funny. Also, you made Teen Ness pretty cool :D

Fed and Shade are pretty cool, very in-depth. I dont understand their final smash that much though..... Also do they share HP meters? And do they look pretty much liek the picture you supplied, in a G&W style?
They share HP just like zelda and sheik. Im coloring the picture but since I wanted something up I just did a silloutte the real picture will be up soon. In the final smash Fed dies
like in the Novela
and Shade uses his smokeballs. If you touch the smoke your pulled in and take damage. At the end he dose a shot to kill with (its kind of like great aether). They take damage and you can't switch to Fed for a little bit.

Also BK I'm lovin the SS its great!

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Great Clay Monkey. That moveset for Fed and Shade looks really good and original.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
Ya Know, my Joe Perry movest is coming along much quicker than I expected. If I finish it in time, I my viloate my "fianl entry promise" for the second time and post him. If not, he'll be one of the first in MyM 3.0.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I have an idea for Great Clay Monkey. Along with choosing a winner, do you think you could choose to have 4 subwinners like 2nd place, 3rd place, 4th place, 5th place? I think on the announcement page, I think it would be good if you choose along with the 1st place winner, you would choose 4 other subwinners.

Do you think that would be a good idea? If you don't like to think of them as subwinners, you could think of them as 4 honorable mentions.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
I have an idea for Great Clay Monkey. Along with choosing a winner, do you think you could choose to have 4 subwinners like 2nd place, 3rd place, 4th place, 5th place? I think on the announcement page, I think it would be good if you choose along with the 1st place winner, you would choose 4 other subwinners.

Do you think that would be a good idea? If you don't like to think of them as subwinners, you could think of them as 4 honorable mentions.
I don't understand. There will be multiple winners around 30 probably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom