• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0-Starts Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
There ought to be a way to better organize the voting. People won't want to dig through all these pages. Maybe after the ratings have all been given, all the 3-star+ rated entries can be put up on another site, and people can be given voting options there... Just a thought, I know it's a bit of trouble, but so is forcing everyone to look through all these pages.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
There ought to be a way to better organize the voting. People won't want to dig through all these pages. Maybe after the ratings have all been given, all the 3-star+ rated entries can be put up on another site, and people can be given voting options there... Just a thought, I know it's a bit of trouble, but so is forcing everyone to look through all these pages.
I like this idea, too.
Or maybe if GCM, at the end of his grading, could a guide/poll to ALL entries elgible for the final winners circle?

Harkness

Smash Apprentice
Final attempt (this is sad :()

Sorry dude, i did him a while back, its somewhere in the 20's...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ok... this will be my last attempt... i hope this works at last attempt, here goes!!!

Katsumi Liqueur from Silent Mobius

< the one with the sword

Ok this is going to be difficult...

STATS out of 5

Height: 4 (about the height of Ike)
Strength: 3.5 (attacks enhanced with magic)
Speed: 3 (around the speed of a normal human)
Weight: 2.5 (she’s a tall slim girl)
Jump: 2.5

Other abilities
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: no
Crawl: no
Glide: no

Pros:
Speedy strong attacks
Powerful specials
Longest reaching sword fighter
Projectile

Cons:
Little defense against projectiles
On the slow side
Loss of power over time if not checked
Somewhat predictable.

Colors
Default (blue uniform) (blue team)
Green uniform (green team)
Red uniform (red team)
Black uniform
All white and yellow uniform

Note: (damage)
Note2: In the anime Katsumi was known for her long and powerful magical incantations. For effectiveness, they have been shortened (and powered down). She has two weapons, her primary weapon is, of course, Grospoliner the speaking sword. Her secondary weapon is her magical dagger, used for three of her specials. Almost all her special attacks are from the show, save for up-b. In addition, though Grospoliner is a giant sword, it has no weight in her hands allowing her to do attacks quickly (Marth speed). However, unlike Marth and Roys swords from melee, Katsumis regular attacks are affected by her specials. If she has done any special, she glows for about a minute afterwards where her regular attacks undergo the following effects. After a minute, her glow starts to flicker, and she will begin to suffer decreased knockback and damage infliction until she does another special attack. This leaves here somewhat predictable, though her special attacks can be quick as well.

Normal attacks
A – Combo: Slashes twice with her sword, then spins quickly and slashes again. Somewhat weak, but good combo starter.
U-tilt: Similar to Ike’s up smash, except less powerful and faster. Can be used consecutively as a damage racker.
D-tilt: Slashes downward, usually trips the enemy.
F-tilt: Slashes forward vertically down. Good spike move on aerial opponents.
Dash Attack: spins to do a slash upward, then slashes again. Sets up aerial attacks. (3-5)

Smash attacks
F-Smash: Slashes horizontally to cause high damage, but small knockback.
D-Smash: Slams sword into the ground, causing a light shockwave to surround her, knocking enemies hard.
U-Smash: Slashes vertically upward in a small but powerful hitbox with high knockback.

Aerial Attacks
N-air: Spins multiple times in midair for multiple hits.
F-air: Slashes vertically upwards. Knocks enemies further upwards.
U-air: Slashes sword over her head. Good juggling attack.
D-air: Slams sword downwards similar to Ike’s. Does not spike.
B-air: Spins backwards with a powerful, but hard to hit.

Grabs
Attack while grabbing: Knee jab. Little damage.
Forward Throw: Throws forward and slashes. Little knockback.
Back Throw: Throws backwards. Good combo starter.
Up Throw: Throws enemies upward and thrusts Grospoliner. Good combo starter.
Down Throw: Throws down, forms a magic circle, then activates it, hitting them with multiple strikes.

Special attacks:
Neutral: Dagger incantation (chargeable): Katsumi points the dagger at the enemy and a magic circle appears below her. Similarly to Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball, she is protected from above and behind by the magic circle’s light rays. However, there is a slight wind effect in front of her as the attack initiates, pushing her enemies back. When she releases her attack she fires a magic circle disk that ranges in size from a tiny star to as tall as herself. However the attack is uses as an edgeguard attack and has a set knockback. Charging the attack only increases the size and damage of the attack. When used in the air, she can send the attack in any direction.

Forward: Dagger charge (chargeable/keepable): Katsumi holds her dagger vertically in front of her as she charges her attack. Unlike her neutral B, she is not protected, but her attack is keepable and takes less time to charge. When charged her dagger flashes. When released she flies forward about half the distance of Final Destination, blasting all enemies vertically into the air. This attack has high knockback but little recovery value as it puts her in a helpless state when used in the air. Also since this sends enemies vertically it has more use when at the top of the stage.

Up: Gros-toss (couldn’t think of a better name) – a simple attack. Katsumi launches Grospoliner in a 50 degree angle from her location and Grospoliner quickly extends its tail to pull her to it. It is both a tether and a regular recovery, as the sword automatically embeds itself into the edge of the stage if she is below it. it also does light damage with the trrorwing of her sword

Down: Protection incantation: When activated Katsumi quickly activates a magic circle around herself by raising her dagger above her head. Anyone within the circle is automatically paralyzed, and as she points her dagger forward, it flashes giving enemies multiple hits of fire damage and sending the into the air. This incantation can be stopped by projectiles and has enough lag to be punished after use if the initial paralysis attack missed.

Final Smash
Sword of silver incantation: Katsumi leaps into the air, appearing above the stage and levitates herself and Grospoliner in front of her vertically. A vortex appears behind her, and she is surrounded by a glowing orb. Several other orbs surround and orbit her as she performs the incantation, “Planet spirit among spirits held in the skies, Shadow of moon, Balshumas-ha. To me a sword of silver, reflecting the light to Cthulu. Fulfill your contract to Selena!” After her incantation she takes Grospoliner spins diagonally and performs a slash that releases a swarm of light orbs to the stage below. The orbs can pass through the stage itself, and can KO anyone not in a contained area. After the blast she descends to the ground.

Taunts
Turns away haughtily.
Stares at Grospoliner in his sheathed form then unsheathes him.
Inspects Grospoliner and pats him.

Victory poses
Raises Grospoliner above her head in a victory shout.
Spin slashes towards the screen and sheathes Grospoliner.

Entrance to battle
A magic circle appears and she flashes in with Grospoliner sheathed.

Kirby Hat
Kirby gains Katsumi’s hair and a tiny grospoliner.

I pray no one has done this yet, or I will scream!

Oh and yeah please comment! I’d really appreciate it.

Harkness

Smash Apprentice
New assist trophy!!!
Lum Cheng
< This one

A powerful elementor, Lum appears to assist the brawlers. With her incredible powers she calls first upon the power of water to blast enemies away in a wave. Folllowing that the summons lightning and thunder at random areas of the screen to overwhelm the opponents. Lasty with a slam of her staff she disappers in a burst of flame which can KO any nearby oppponents.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Too bad Tom Nook already has a moveset... He's the devil! I would already know a Final Smash: Enslave the enemy and let him work until he paid his debts! >:3

smashbot226

Smash Master
Well guys, this is it.

May the best set win.

Since there's 30 winners, and out of probably around 300, there will only be the BEST.

The most detailed, most balanced, most original...

THEY WILL WIN!

(Meme Man & hopefully Shy Guy will probably get me a winner, though.)

smashbot226

Smash Master
I can't help but feel that some nitwit in this contest will nominate ALL of his creations, rather than picking his best ones.

I nominate Shy Guy and Meme Man.

EDIT: I also nominate Commander Blitzkrieg of, "Most Influential Moveset Maker."

I also nominate HeoandReo of, "Best Lister."

Finally, I nominate myself for, "Best Maker With The Word 'Bot' In His Name."

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
I have many things to say so listen closely my children. First off you can vot for up to 50 characters. Depending on how many ties there are will dependen on how many characters there are. I can gurantee over 30 and probably over 35. There might be 50.
The contest ends 3 hours and 9 minutes from this time stamp(aproximetly).
Also im gonna make a list of characters who qualify. Just seach in the thread for the characters name and then look for a post by the author. For those who don't know there is a "Search this thread" at the top under the page select thing.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
You have 2 and a half hour to submit characters/Stages/Music etc.
yes

^ I believe it's to vote, so the day of this thread finally draws to a near end huh
no

Read my post above this one.

EDIT: By the way a awhile back I mentioned my computer broke and I wouldn't be able to start making anything until I got a new one. Well I did. I just need to get my old files back so there may not be a delay afterall.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I don't get it how do I check if my character qualified and is there any time to fix him up a bit?

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Last minute entry lol

Courage the Cowardly Dog!

Backround info

"Abandoned as a pup, he was found by Muriel, who lives in the middle of Nowhere with her husband Eustace Bagge. But creepy stuff happens in Nowhere; it's up to Courage to save his new home."

In the series, when Courage wants to save his family from the villain, instead of typical feats of strength, the villain is usually defeated in various of many other ways: Courage tricks the villain, he flees from them, makes amends with the villain, somehow convinces the villain to change, Muriel saves the day, or in some cases, the villain simply voluntarily moves on in favor of plotting another diabolical scheme. Ironically, Courage exhibits no courage whatsoever. Almost every single even that happens to him causes him to scream manically and usually shape-shift into some random object that portrays fear, sorrow, confusion, or some other random emotion

So basically his fighting consists of very odd moves, which consists of shape shifiting, pulling out random objects and morphing body parts. He's also pretty agile and pretty strong sometimes but he suffers in recovery, weight and jumps and doesn’t have a perfect in any category. His gameplay is comparable to G&W and Wario, odd but effective, with some dis-jointed Hit boxes.

Statistics (out of 5 *)

Strength *** 1/2 (Comparable to Lucario and ROB)
Weight ** (Comparable to Pikachu)
Jump ** (Comparable to Peach and Ike)
Recovery*** (Comparable to Snake)
Speed****(Comparable to Diddy and Toon Link)
Range *** (Comparable to Diddy and Game and Watch)

Moveset:
Buttons: Move: Damage%: Knockback, Range, *=Dis-jointed
A: Slap 2-3% None, low
A weak slap

A,A: Same as above

A,A,A: Freakout slaps 1-2% each slap, continuous, Very low
Starts rapidly flailing his arms, screaming and looking away

Tilts

F-tilt: Tounge slam 6-15% med-high, low-med
Courage jerks his head with his huge tongue out and slams the opponent

U-tilt: Boot 3-12% low-med, med
Pulls out Muriel's boot and tosses it above him, pseudo spikes

D-tilt: Yo-yo 3-9 % low, low
Swings his trusty yo-yo down. Multiple hits

Smashes

F-smash: X smash 12-27% Low-High*
Smashes the opponent with one of these, similar to Peach's in that it’s random

Spiked club- a large, slow, spiked wooden club 14-27% High, med

Rolling Pin-a long rolling pin. Send upwards 10-16% low-med, med-long

Fish- A pretty big fish. Sends horizontally 7-18% med, med

D-smash
Fred's razor- Swings around Creepy Fred's razor. Multiple hits. 12-20% low- med, low-med*

U-smash: Mushroom Cloud 15-29% High-Very high, med
Courage explodes and morphs into a mushroom cloud, sending them upwards quickly. Has lots of lag and power, like Ivysaur’s and GaW’s u-smashes

Aerials

N-air: Spiky Ball 6-15% Med-High, low
Quickly morphs into a spiky ball and slightly expands outwards

F-air: Bone club 7-12% low-med , med
Quickly smacks you with a average sized bone

B-air: Whale 6-10%, Med-high, med-long
Takes out a small whale that he keeps in his pocket, iand hits you with it

U-air: Headbutt 8-13% Med, low
Courage does a headbutt with an enlarged head

D-air: 10-16% Med-High, low
He clubs his big hands together and slams downward. Spikes well

Specials
Neutral B: Scream! 3-5% small, 5-8% large, very low-small scream, med-large large scream, 1/3 of FD range
Courage does his famous scream while standing, and it sounds out red sound waves that hurt your opponent. You can hold down B for repeated larger, slower soundwaves or press B repeadedly to send out smaller, faster ones

>B: Item toss
Courage tosses a random item; like D3’s >B

-Eggplant, 7%, low, Very long
-Pineapple, 8%, low, Long
-Chicken, 10%, low-med, med
-Ham, 13%, med, low-med
-Axe, 16%, high, low

Down-B: Ooga booga booga Mask, 6% trip, 1/3 of FD trip range

Takes out the O.B.B mask, acts as a reflector and if you are near by in front of the attack, you trip

Up-B: Balloons, 10% on pop
Courage straps on balloons and starts floating until they pop. Goes about as high as Snake’s cipher, but can’t be throw gimped.

Final Smash

Ramses Curse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wkn2QenE2E

The mummy of Ramses drifts in and his curse starts

1st curse, water wave: 25%, High
A giant wave of water slams the field, blockable

2nd curse, Noise: 10%, med, Med knockback
A record player comes out playing the “King Ramses” song. Sends out soundwaves that damage on contact
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5TilJoyMPg

3rd curse, Locusts: 15% a second, for 8 seconds, high knockback on 8th second, no knockback 1-7th
A swarm of Locusts swarm the field and damage you every second, blockable

There is a 3 second pause between each curse. Courage can also fight during the FS, but if he’s KO’d, it stops

Taunts
Up: He puts on those fruit headressess and does a konga dance
Sides: Does his trademark laugh
Down: Starts playing with his yo-yo and hits hiself in the face

Victory poses
-Does a longer version of the konga dance
-Looks around and gets scared by a spider on the floor
-Does a cool yo-yo trick

A great video that shows some of my inspirations -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edC3A3oqBdE

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
love that show man cool moveset what would really make me laugh making the old guy's mask he uses to scare courage an item and nowhere as a stage (not to mention trying to fit him into sse would be funny as hell)

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Since I was beatin to the punch with 4 out of my 5 movesets, would it be okay, or count, if reserved a few characters for MyM 3.0?

HeoandReo

Smash Apprentice
I've wrapped up every list so far for the night. I'll post all of them after midnight to show what we're all judging. ('Cause it looks like GCM and I are in the same timezone. Topic said the 1 hour when it was 11 here.)

I already have a few ideas for the next contest, but I won't reveal any until then.

The next movesets that are posted, if they're posted, I'll be ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom