• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El Paso Brawl Tournament

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
So who actually went to this? I made it 2 round in the winners and lost at like the 5th in the losers. I beat the guy who got me out of the winners in the losers brackets wonder how I would have done if I stuck with Ike instead of choosing ROB because thats who I beat him with the 2nd time.

Also did any of you guys meet up I only talked to skyler. If anyone saw me I was the guy with the hard rock cafe T shirt and the rturo tag or if you fought me well I was Arturo.
Arturo actually i think i beat you on the 2nd round... (only good ike i saw) i won with G&W, i lost with wario and then someone went rob and i three stocked him with a 9 at last. not sure if it was you, but if it was, i won second place so you didn't beat me. Again aint sure but it does sound more than likely

Outlawstar2121

Smash Cadet
We should try to get another tourny within the next 2 months going was surprised at how many people went, which weren't half bad. These tournys are getting bigger so eventually people from alb. or east texas will show interest. Wouldn't mind going up against some guys from alb., saw some good players from what i remember. Oh this is the guy who went by lonk, lucario user...4 th place...so close to the money, what a waste.

Queen Zelda

Smash Cadet
The tourney was pretty cool, fast and smooth. Josh Newport won 1st place, i got 2nd, Andrew Newport 3rd and i dont really remember the rest. There is a tourney at tha-fix on the 16th. Its a doubles tourney.
Congratulations!! I completely missed what you wrote there about you getting 2nd place! You must be pretty awesome! :bigthumbu

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Arturo actually i think i beat you on the 2nd round... (only good ike i saw) i won with G&W, i lost with wario and then someone went rob and i three stocked him with a 9 at last. not sure if it was you, but if it was, i won second place so you didn't beat me. Again aint sure but it does sound more than likely
It was me wonder who I beat in the loosers then because he started with wario then used G&W so thats why I thought it was you. And my Ike maybe good but it wasn't enough :ohwell:

I would much rather have some biweeklys than a tournament every 2 months though to get people used to the tournament setting. The 2 month thing would be nice if we got someone to sponsor the tournaments and make the prize bigger. A better location would be nice too since I live in the west side The tournament was quite a ways off for me and a few others. Anyone know of a more centralized location and how all those people found out about the tournament because 50 people didn't post here, in AIB, or in EP gamers, so if there is another place announcing tournaments I'd like to know about it.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
It was me wonder who I beat in the loosers then because he started with wario then used G&W so thats why I thought it was you. And my Ike maybe good but it wasn't enough :ohwell:

I would much rather have some biweeklys than a tournament every 2 months though to get people used to the tournament setting. The 2 month thing would be nice if we got someone to sponsor the tournaments and make the prize bigger. A better location would be nice too since I live in the west side The tournament was quite a ways off for me and a few others. Anyone know of a more centralized location and how all those people found out about the tournament because 50 people didn't post here, in AIB, or in EP gamers, so if there is another place announcing tournaments I'd like to know about it.
your ike is good its just that ike can just be slow and predictable at times. People found out about the tourney because we just have many friends and the word just went by i guess. Also El Paso people are often too shy and will just read the post and never say anything. I dont know any places that have tourneys except tha-fix majorplayers and play n trade which went out of business... sometimes game crazy will do stuff but their rules are often dumb or the price wont be good

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
MTZ game world is another place that could host tournaments. I've never actually been there but it is supposed to be like tha fix and people said the owners would probably be kool with people hosting tournaments in there. This place is closer to me at least don't know if it is actually more centralized though. I've thought about talking to them about hosting tournaments but didn't know how to actually reach people about it.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
That MTZ place is pretty cool... except the fact that at the last tournament there was no air conditioning... It got pretty bad in there... So that Play n' Trade closed? Eh, they were probably fake anyway. There's lots of smashers at UTEP. Look how many people showed up for that EPAC tournament. Advertise at the university.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
That MTZ place is pretty cool... except the fact that at the last tournament there was no air conditioning... It got pretty bad in there... So that Play n' Trade closed? Eh, they were probably fake anyway. There's lots of smashers at UTEP. Look how many people showed up for that EPAC tournament. Advertise at the university.
i am quitting school and my job to only play brawl, so someone else needs to advertise at UTEP

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
^lol seriously? unless your moving I think that is a bad choice since theres not enough tournaments here to support your self with that. Hell I don't even know if it is possible elsewhere too.

Why was there no air conditioning though? I used to go there back when It was card corner and it was fine did it burn out or something like that? If so it should be fixed by now.

edit: did you get the entire results from the tournament btw?

Another edit: what are the rules for the doubles tourney? no one made a thread about that.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
^lol seriously? unless your moving I think that is a bad choice since theres not enough tournaments here to support your self with that. Hell I don't even know if it is possible elsewhere too.

Why was there no air conditioning though? I used to go there back when It was card corner and it was fine did it burn out or something like that? If so it should be fixed by now.

edit: did you get the entire results from the tournament btw?

Another edit: what are the rules for the doubles tourney? no one made a thread about that.
i was kidding about quitting lol. i did post about the doubles tourney. Its usually majority rules

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. Sorry for the delay in getting the results. Here they be:

1. Scrub (Tetsuya)
2. FuriousDuffmanX
3. Andrew (Vile?)
4. David (Lonk?)
5. Isaiah
5. V3RMILLION
7. Vangalon
7. Adam
9. Checo
9. Arturo Andujo
9. Leonardo
9. Richard
13. Alex
13. Ariel
13. Boss
13. Slick Vick
17. Willie
17. BraanFlakes
17. Fallen
17. Ryan T.
17. Gibran
17. Louis
17. Jon C.
17. Sherman
25. Sergio
25. Omar
25. Mig
25. Mana
25. Jaime Meraz
25. Black Fox
25. Johnny
25. Brian Romero
33. Josh Gallegos
33. Baby Fetus
33. Ralph Duran
33. Jake
33. Alec G.
33. Chiru
33. Edwin
33. Eric
33. Ivan
33. Mario
33. Isaac
33. Jacob
33. Devil King
33. Jordan
33. Adolfo
33. El Chiclets
49. Mike
49. J.J.
49. Kenny
49. Brian
49. Ant
49. Eddie
49. T.K.
49. Kira
49. Leo
49. Michael Matthews
49. M.J.
49. Aron con Leche
49. R.J.

And thats it. There were 61 people in the tournament. Not bad considering it was only El Pasoans. Thanks to everyone who showed up! I hope to see you all again at the next one... if there is a NEXT one...

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I think I may have found a place downtown to hold tournaments. It is kind of like what MTZ used to be (with magic and yugioh or what ever is being played now) but it said Games, cards, and more as the slogan so I think video game tournaments might fall under that category. Only problem is I have no idea where I would get Wiis and TVs from. I could probably take about 3 TVs and my own Wii but if a lot of people show up like at this one It would take a long time.

And woohoo I got 9th

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I think I may have found a place downtown to hold tournaments. It is kind of like what MTZ used to be (with magic and yugioh or what ever is being played now) but it said Games, cards, and more as the slogan so I think video game tournaments might fall under that category. Only problem is I have no idea where I would get Wiis and TVs from. I could probably take about 3 TVs and my own Wii but if a lot of people show up like at this one It would take a long time.

And woohoo I got 9th
i am always carrying my wii around, i dont think i would mind taking it

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
My sisters DS really did melt in the car because she left it there when we took it to the mechanic lol. She had to pay 52 bucks to get it fixed.

and kool that is one more Wii. I actually found like 10 people on AIB from el paso so I'm waiting to hear what they say.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
El paso should come to my tournament >_>.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
El paso should come to my tournament >_>.
did go to the d-pad and FS4 back then when i was a noob... got owned by Roy_r. I played with pozer and jazz plenty and i learned a lot. Maybe when i get some money ill try and get the best people from El Paso so we can go over there to play you guys. Talked to Acidjazz and he said we can probably find housing too

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I wouldn't mind pitching in to go to one of these things don't know who much is actually needed though. Gas alone would probably be like 100$ or more.
If you have 4-5 people in a car, it will cost less then 20$ per person to get to my tournament and back.

Also, I am providing free housing at my tournament. You can stay the night if you want.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
When is your tournament Hylian? I've never been one for housing... Mama always told me never to go into stranger's houses... Especially if they have candy...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
When is your tournament Hylian? I've never been one for housing... Mama always told me never to go into stranger's houses... Especially if they have candy...
It's August 16th.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Ah, hah... Nah I'm going to Colorado. Yeah Duffman, I'll play Tuesday. Around 6. Sorry Hylian, too short notice for me. I would like to go to a big out of town tournament to see how I stack up.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Ah, hah... Nah I'm going to Colorado. Yeah Duffman, I'll play Tuesday. Around 6. Sorry Hylian, too short notice for me. I would like to go to a big out of town tournament to see how I stack up.
He is going to Colorado but he is still going to a smash tourney. GET HIM!!
i should be able to travel by the end of the month so i am down to go anywhere, preferably austin cause i know people there.

Top Bottom