• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Okay since I can't keep tabs on this thread all day, I'd appreciate if someone PMs me when someone makes a good moveset for Ridley/Meta Ridley, Ghor, or Death Sword. Please n thanks.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
What do you have to judge with other characters that you can't judge in mine besides the accturacy of the character in relation to the game they came from? (just curious)
Nothing, but that's much better than having zero points of references, right?

If I've seen Gray Fox in action, and even fought against him several times, I could say that a moveset for him seems right or wrong, because I have some hands-on experience with the character.

However, I've got nothing to go on with your character other than what you posted, which isn't really much. You only gave a bare-bones backstory (which, to be honest, doesn't sound very original or interesting to me), and then proceeded to list his moves.

Not to be rude or anything, but that's just how I feel about it.

EDIT - @half silver28: I'm lovin' the Lloyd part, but nobody can convince me that Collette would be fun to play as, anywhere or in any scenario.

@majora 787: You shouldn't have to ask for a favor like that, as Commander Blitzkrieg will surely be posting links to pages with movesets in the OP.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
@half_silver: Oh my! That... I don't know what to say thats pretty amazing.

@Chief Mendez: What are you talking about? You don't have to know the character to judge the moveset. I never played Bioshock however the Big Daddy moveset looks cool. You don't have to submit main stream characters.

Harkness

Smash Apprentice

If I've seen Gray Fox in action, and even fought against him several times, I could say that a moveset for him seems right or wrong, because I have some hands-on experience with the character.

However, I've got nothing to go on with your character other than what you posted, which isn't really much. You only gave a bare-bones backstory (which, to be honest, doesn't sound very original or interesting to me), and then proceeded to list his moves.
Soo... should i give more of a back story or... what?

darkserenade

Smash Ace
For some reason I'm gonna do Richter.Instead of Soren, I'll be doing Jade.I'll do Richter right now.

Backstory
Richter is a 20-year old on a journey to find the Ratatosk Core. Since he was oppressed as a child, he hates those who oppress others. He is distrusting of everyone and wields a sword and sickle.Richter is a half-elf, a race looked down upon, which explains his nature.When his full name (Richter Abend) is translated into German, it is 'Judge Evening'.
Character Icon:A Sorcerer ring.
Stats
Screen name:Richter
Size:7/10
Speed:5/10
Strength:8/10
First Jump:4/10
Second Jump:6/10
Fall Speed:8/10
Traction:4/10
Combo:6/10
Crouch:4/10
Crawl:N/A
Wall Jump:Yes
Wall Cling:N/A
Height:Tall
Weight:Medium
Standard Attacks
A: A slash similar to Marth's. Low knockback, 3%
AA: He spins and hits with his sickle.This combos from his A, and comes out kind of slow. Medium knockback,5%
AAA: One uppercut with his sickle. It launches the enemy into the air.Good knockback,6%
Foward Tilt:He holds his sword over his head and then brings it down like an axe. By doing it again he holds his sickle in his left arm and swings it around his waist.Has some lag at the end of the attack.Good knockback, 13% all together.
Dash attack: He puts his sword and sickle in an x formation while running forward.Medium knockback, 7%.
Down Tilt:A thurst with his sword. It reaches out very far.Low knockback, can cause tripping, 4%.
Up Tilt:He holds his sword vertically and spins it above his head. Medium knockback,9%.
Nair:Holds his sword out in front of him, then slashes horizontally.Landing lag is bad. Medium knockback, 13% if you sweetspot, 5% if you sourspot(sweetspot is at the beginning of the horizontal slash).
Fair:Thursts his sickle in front of him for a spike(Think Luigi's Fair but with a sickle).Very little landing lag.Good knockback, 9%.
Bair:Without turning around, he holds his sickle in front of him, then quickly holds it behind him for 11% and great knockback. If he lands during this, there is some landing lag.
Uair:Strikes above with his sword and sickle. Medium knockback, 6% for each weapon hit.
Dair: Same as his Uair, but pointing downwards with one hit from the sword and sickle together.This is a spike. 11% and medium knockback(if it doesn't spike). To sweetspot, you must get the opponent at the beginning frames of it.
Forward Grab:Thrusts the sword to push the opponent away. 7%, low knockback.
Back Grab:pushes the opponent behind him, then slashes with his sickle for low knockback, 6%.
Upward Grab: Same as AAA. Medium knockback, 5%
Downward Grab:Hits the opponent with his sword, sending him/her sliding on the ground.low knockback, 4%.
>Smash:Leaps forward with his sword and sickle in front of him.16%-24%, Good knockback.At the beginning of his jump, he is open, but very, very short.Ending lag is bad.
^Smash:Uses a smaller version of ice tornado, which can freeze your opponent, above his head.14%-22%, low knockback, some start-up lag.
vSmash: A smaller version of eruption, which is a crater with lava from the ground.17%-26%, good knockback, bad ending and starting lag.
Specials
Neutral:Uses Thunder Blade. A small blade with thunder around it falls from the sky and hits your opponent. It is chargeable in the same way Link's Up special is, you can't hold it. Least is 13%, highest is 18%, and medium knockback. Bad start and end lag.
Upward:Uses Wind blade. On the ground, it's chargable, and when released, chases your opponent. It can do up to three blades, each one doing low knockback and 8%. Bad start up lag, little end lag.For a recovery,one blade hovers below Richter, and you are free to control it. It lasts for about 4 seconds.
Side:Uses a smaller version of Grave, which is 4 pillars rising from the ground.If you get hit by the first one(it's vertical, and will come up under the opponent. A good way to dodge it is to move right after the end of the start-up lag), the other three(coming from diagonal angles), hit you as well(can be dodged if you DI upwards or downwards).This is chargable,and when fully charged, each pillar does 6%, with medium knockback. Bad start-up lag, and bad end lag if you miss.
Down:Holds his sword and sickle in an x formation, reflecting projectiles at 1.5 more power. Against physical attacks, it's a counter. Bad end lag.
Final SmashTowering Inferno: The stage turns very dark.The only things seen are the opponents, Richter, and a purple and black background. Richter slashes his enemy three times, then, holds his sword up and calls upon a red and black tornado. It has a bit more knockback than one of DK's charged punch, and does 50% in all.
Other
Pose#1: Folds his arms."Hmph."
Pose#2:Clenching his fist, he says "Fools...."
Pose#3:Turns his back and says"Cowards aren't meant for the battlefield."
Losing Pose: Turns his back and claps slowly.

Taunt#1:Thrusts his sickle into the ground."Pathetic humans.."
Taunt#2:Gets into a fighting position and says"Come and face me!"
Taunt#3: Laughs and says"Weaklings."

Costume#1:Everything on his clothes that is black turns blue,his hair is black, and all white clothes turns red.
Costume#2:Kratos' judgement outfit, but he is still Richter. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/Inune54/ToS stuff/angelKratos.jpg
Costume#3: Kratos Aurion. http://www.freewebs.com/divine_judgment/kratos_full-size.gif
Costume#4:Kristoph Gavin!Lol. http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4232/hugegaryuugk7.png

Kirby Hat: Long red hair with glasses.

Snake Codec
Snake: Who the heck is this red-head?
Otacon:That's Richter, Snake. He knows powerful mana spells and is a pro at fighting with a sword and sickle.
Snake:He shouldn't be that hard to beat. I brought my enemy book. Let's see....Richter Abend. Health:8,000/8,000. MP:700/700, Luck--
Otacon: Snake, those rules don't apply here. It's Smash.
Snake:Blast! He knew that?!
Otacon: Are you saying you didn't know?
Snake:.......
MusicNote: all of these are still pictures,no spoilers.
Avenger Richter:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7G_sRCXNJ8 Thanks to half silver28 for finding this one.=b
Legend of Symphonia:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12yCWpZf1GM&feature=related
No one knows:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy3nivQJIcE&feature=related
Shining Dew:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_LmfS8mgTU&feature=related
Keen Edged Blade:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ki93U3IpX0&feature=related
Beat The Angel:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N2tbS9ctbQ&feature=related
Zelos Theme:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhQcxRUkNms&feature=related
Kratos Theme:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhXGQp1wLMA&feature=related
Wiimote sounds:In an angry voice, he says "pitiful humans."
Battle Entrance: White light(mana) appears, then starts to shape into Richter, then does the colors.
Unlock:Win Classic-mode on Hard or do 150 matches(online or offline).
SSE Role: After defeating many primids, he is in the same forest as Link and Yoshi. Once the Halberd escapes, Richter walks off, not to be seen again until he rescues trophies of the fighters as well as Kirby.
Victory Theme:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcdTiCyRLKE 2:35-2:45.

My first entry in Make your Move.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
@ Richter: Sexy moveset for a sexy character. I'd hit that!

And for an example on how to do original characters, I'll pull up my own Erutashi Orrandey from MYM2. Nobody knew crap about her aside from my friends and some watchers on deviantART, and yet she was one of the winners, 30th out of 50. I'll pull her up in a sec.

majora_787

Smash Hero

Not to be rude or anything, but that's just how I feel about it.

EDIT - @half silver28: I'm lovin' the Lloyd part, but nobody can convince me that Collette would be fun to play as, anywhere or in any scenario.

@majora 787: You shouldn't have to ask for a favor like that, as Commander Blitzkrieg will surely be posting links to pages with movesets in the OP.
I know I shouldn't, but Ghor, Death Sword and Meta Ridley are IMO some characters I want to see movesets for REALLY badly. And I don't have time to make them. Nor do I know enough about them.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l

And for an example on how to do original characters, I'll pull up my own Erutashi Orrandey from MYM2. Nobody knew crap about her aside from my friends and some watchers on deviantART, and yet she was one of the winners, 30th out of 50. I'll pull her up in a sec.
She was a good submission. Fed and Shade were also high up however I got the feeling that a few people only voted fro them because it was my submission.

darkserenade

Smash Ace

.....Uh, thank you?

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Someone made a basic Ridley on the first few pages. And I think there was one back in MYM2.
And wow, half_silver, lot of text there. I agree you shuold color code that.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Let's see what I can critique so far.

Team Rocket - Not bad, dissapointment w/o weezing, but you did good, nonetheless.

Baz - Excellent moveset. Would be fun to play definetely.

Paper Luigi - Good descriptions , funny use of Blooey

Big Daddy/little Sister - Looks great. The moveset is very fitting, and the idea for losing lives is very different.

Keep up the good work everybody!
EDIT: Sorry about the comment request, I thought mine was just skipped over. My apologies. :laugh:

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Yeah that Bioshock moveset is awesome. Makes me want to go spend the 50 bucks to go play it now. Even though I won't.

Mine hasn't been crit'd yet - page 4.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Soo... should i give more of a back story or... what?
Maybe I'm not saying this right...

There's nothing wrong with what you posted, but I'm just giving a reason why people didn't immediately jump all over the thing as soon as it was posted, as they really don't know who the character is, and the description isn't that intriguing.

You don't have to submit mainstream characters, but generally, those are the ones people will look at more. Really, the 'set you posted is awesome (although his Side Special is ridiculously overpowered--basically if you hit an enemy off the stage with it, you get an automatic spike by tapping down and B, from the sound of it). But by default, it's not going to get as many comments as some others on here.

@ darkserenade: Richter seems cool, but...isn't he from Dawn of the New World? That's not even out yet, man...

Also his Down B is horribly generic and unfitting, unless he actually does that in the game.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I know I might be asking a bit much, but I do want some more feedback from my Team Rocket (first page) and Chao(page 5) movesets. Oh I don't mean the feedback that says "its good/bad" without giving a reason why. I just curious about how well my 2 movesets so far gone well.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
...Is it just me, or is anyone else getting a bit frazzled from all these requests of "please rate my character, page X"?

Really, once the OP updates with links, I'll gladly go through all of them, as I'm sure others would. But right now...I mean, I wasn't even aware that somebody made a Team Rocket, Ridley, Chao, or Ed. This thread is just moving too freaking fast right now.

So...how about we just all give it a few days to settle down first, before making it go by even faster by requesting comments?

EDIT: There's also the below...

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

HeoandReo

Smash Apprentice
If you all want some feedback and didn't read my post on Page 8, I'll repost the link to my comments about everyone's movesets here.

http://makeyourmovesmash.blogspot.com/search/label/My%20Judgements

Only up to page 2 has been done at the time of this typing, but I plan to comment about everyone's movesets, to make my(and possibly the others') final judgement easier in the long run. Keep checking to see if I've looked at yours!

Feel free to comment about them, so long as you leave your poster name, in case you don't have a Blogger account. I allowed anonymous comments. (And even if you do, if it's not the same as your poster name, you might want to write it just in case.)

...Is it just me, or is anyone else getting a bit frazzled from all these requests of "please rate my character, page X"?

Really, once the OP updates with links, I'll gladly go through all of them, as I'm sure others would. But right now...I mean, I wasn't even aware that somebody made a Team Rocket, Ridley, Chao, or Ed. This thread is just moving too freaking fast right now.

So...how about we just all give it a few days to settle down first, before making it go by even faster by requesting comments?
Yeah, I know. Making the list was a little harder than the last topic because of this, and the last few pages have been flooded with requests to rate their character. Compared to the last topic, there just isn't as many movesets in the correlating set of pages.

I'd just advise everyone to be patient about that aspect. I plan to write small comments about all of them, and I'm sure that if one waits enough, someone might see it as a diamond in the rough, possibly.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
squall leonhart

Squall Leonhart

I have finally made a moveset for Squall Leonhart, the main gunblade protagonist of Final Fantasy 8.

Stats

Jump: 6/10
Strength: 8.2/10 !!!! (Stronger than Cloud and Ike)
Speed: 4.9/10 (although still slightly faster than Ike)
Weight: 6.2/10 Quite heavy
Falling Speed: 7.4/10

Special Features: Apparently, for smash attacks, you cannot charge them like any other character, however, whenever you press the B button at the time when Squall hits something, it will initiate the "trigger" function of his gunblade, which will inflict more knockback and damage (also applies to his special attacks and some aerials). So Squall can technically pull off a strong smash attack with his gunblade quicker than others, although he still will pull it off slow. Therefore, inflicting the trigger function require percise timing.

Smash attacks
Forward: Squall slashes his gunblade downward in a similar matter like Ike. Long ranged, powerful, and really slow, when used near the edge, it can even effective give a good meteor smash even if someone is grabbing on the edge. When trigger is activated near the edge, it would be a guarantee one-hit meteor smash KO.
Up: Squall swing his gunblade upward in an arch. Also slow and powerful.
Down: Squall does a quick 360 clockwise spin slash that hits both sides simultaneously.

Tilts
Dash: Squall slashes his gunblade upwards
Up: holds his gunblade horziontally and slash up similar to Ike
Down: Holds his gunblade sideways and stabs forward while crouching
Forward: Horizontal slash similar to Ike
Neutral combo: Punch-punch then overhead slash

Aerials
Up: Squall slashes his gunblade in an upward arch, can use trigger for this one.
Down: Squall slashes his gunblade making a large downard arch, can meteor smash but cannot use trigger for this.
Forward: Squall does an overhead downward slash with a long range. Using trigger will result in a meteor smash
Back: Kicks and slashes behind him, using trigger will send your foe upward.
Neutral: Stabs with his gunblade, go figures.

Grab and Throws
Up: Squall throws his opponent upward in the air and slashes.
Forward: Squall kicks his opponent away from him forward.
Down: Squall slams his opponent then does an uber stab on the opponent.
Back: Squall throws his opponent behind while slashing his gunblade at the same time.
Pummel: Knee them.

Specials

Up Special: Climhazzard: Although Squall did not use this move in the game, I kinda want to fit into the Final Fantasy fun and include this. Basically, it has a similar function like Ike's Aether, except at the midpoint air, Squall will do some sort of cyclone slash (while Ike does his Aether using some sort of "windmill" cartwheel slash). Squall throws his sword upward in the air, comes up, does his cyclone slash, then slashes downward along with himself. His Climhazzard is way different than Ike's, because since gunblades tend to be lighter, Squall will throw his gunblade way higher than Ike, making this move a wonder height recovery and thus jump higher. His gunblade also have a stronger "lock," making foes trapped in his Climhazzard really difficult to escape. Also, Squall can end up downward fall part easily by pressing B, initiating the trigger and send your foe downward easily (thus Squall meteor smash from this move is a bit better than Ike's) and avoiding unintended SDs (and of course, putting him in a helpless state). Also, while Ike's Aether gives super armor when his sword is out of his hand, Squall's super armor frames is in the later part of this move when his gunblade is on his hand and to the point when he lands (or when trigger is pressed).

Neutral: Trigger: Squall points his gunblade downard diagonally and press the gunblade trigger with his thumbs :p . He cannot charge this move like Ike, but it does give around 32% damage and some decent knockback. Once he uses this, he cannot preform the move again for another 20 seconds.

Side Special: TriggerDash: Similar to Ike's Quick Draw, Squall will do a quick dash forward and slashes his gunblade upward. Although cannot be charged, Squall will travel about equal to two-thirds of Final Destination. Quite strong and powerful and can be used as horizontal recovery. His traveling distance can end earlier by pressing B again (trigger) and will put Squall under helpless if used in midair.

Down Special: Parry: Quite similar to Ike's counter, except you can use trigger to inflict more damage and can even block projectiles and continuing holding down down B.

Final Smash: Renzokuken

Ok, for those who played Final Fantasy 8, Renzokuken is Squall Final Smash move and has about four finishing moves. The finishing moves you get is based on how much you press the "trigger" button (B) and luck. During the final smash, Squall will rush toward a random foe and does a sequence of multiple slashes (4-7), each dealing 6% damage (8% if you press trigger at one of them). Whenever you see the word "TRIGGER" at the top screen, press B immediately for more damge. After that, Squall will be do one of his finishing moves:

Rough Drive: Strikes his opponent once. 28% damage and high knockback.

Fated Circle: Jumps up in the air, charges his gunblade with some sort of energy, and releases the energy with a large shockwave that hits everyone in the stage while doing a 360 spin. about 18% damage with some knockback.

Blasting Zone: Squall charges up energy, "extending" the blade of his weapon to the outer atmosphere and then points the gunblade forward while facing left/right and forcifully pushing zones off stage for 5 seconds, similar to Samus's final smash, albeit shorter and weaker knockback.

Lion Hart: Squall ultimate finshing move, similar to Cloud's Omnislash. Squall will slash his opponent 18 times, dealing 24% damage each slash and then does a final slash that deals 52% damage. 100% guarantee KO, but extremely rare to see him do this. Bare in note that he doesn't always use this move on the same foe that you have to do multiple trigger slashes on.

All the finishers can be seen here.

Apparently, I believe I made Squall's moveset better than Cloud's from the previous Make Your Move installation, because I didn't explain a lot on tilts and slashes when making Cloud's moveset, but basically Cloud's moveset is a bit similar to Ike and Squall combined (malus the specials of course).

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
I know I shouldn't, but Ghor, Death Sword and Meta Ridley are IMO some characters I want to see movesets for REALLY badly. And I don't have time to make them. Nor do I know enough about them.
I feel the exact same way about Captain Syrup and Atlas from ZX Advent. I want my hot manly earth woman!!

@HeoandReo: *reads Dry Bones judgment and blushes multiple shades of red* I tried to make it good. My best friend really likes Dry Bones (and it rubbed off on me, along with countless other traits and tastes) and I wanted to do a moveset that would make her proud.

I won't ask for Froslass judgment until she's done.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Squall Leonhart
A few quibbles:

1. Ewwww, Final Fantasy VIII...:urg:

2. I think you misspelled "Lion Heart". Unless it's actually "Hart" in VIII.

3. REALLY MINOR COMPLAINT - The picture makes him look like he's naked.

4. Climhazzard usually creates a wave along the ground, so maybe instead of copying Aether, it could copy Final Cutter.

5. Stronger and faster than Ike, plus a broken neutral and side B? Hmm...:dizzy:

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Squall moveset was meh, and he used a lot of things similar to Ike. The fact that he uses a gunblade helps, though.
P.S The Chief is right, he does look naked.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
^Servbot?! SERVBOT!?!?

*starts flipping out and flailing arms excitedly*

I'm so proud of you <333

I think I'll finish Froslass tomorrow. Comments on how she is doing so far are nice but not crucial.

hehheh, well I played megaman legends yesterday and marvel vs capcom, so I couldnt resist :D

HeoandReo

Smash Apprentice
hehheh, well I played megaman legends yesterday and marvel vs capcom, so I couldnt resist :D
Funny. I played that on my vacation, too.

Because of that, when I finish up the Dan moveset, I'll get started on a Chun-Li one. I already did a clone of the Thunder Thighs last contest, so why not make one for the original?

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
You gotta love the Bonnes ^~ I never played it, but I've watched my best friend play it and Misadventures of Tron Bonne, and they look like lots and lots of fun. The best part definitely was Tron blowing Megaman a raspberry before climbing into the robot. I giggle just thinking about it.

ULTIMATE GLYDE LAZER!!!

/insidejoke

So far I've got the following ideas for specials:

B: Shadow Ball
B ->: Ice Beam
B^: Icy Wind
B V: Thunderbolt/Light Screen

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Yipee for Bandwagons!

Hippowdon's Specials:

B: Sandstorm
Side B: Crunch
Up B: Body Slam
Down B: Earthquake

Magnezone's Specials:

B: Magnet Bomb
Side B: ???
Up B: Magnet Rise
Down B: Supersonic/Metal Sound

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Great, i'm gone for 2 days, and it's already 16 pages :/. Well i'm going to post Shinon (Fire Emblem) and Zigzagoon (Pokemon) tommorrow, and other sets next week or so.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Okay I'm motivated and am still intensly in this competition.

I call this post for the sake of putting Death Sword on hold until I can make a moveset. Yes, the mini-boss from Twilight Princess.

If I get done fast enough, I might do a Meta Ridley moveset. But it's iffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom