• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Leave tap jump on noobs - EXPLAINED

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Hi!

Are you one of the Marth players that turned off tap jump in order to do an up tilt or up air easily? How nice ^_^

FAIL

You NEED to have tap jump on to properly up b out of shield people. Your 'alternate' ways to up b out DONT WORK. Why? Because you don't have the benefit of the initial invincibility frames that make this move broken.

If someone mastered this and uses it to counter a good amount of attacks from your opponent you will reach a much higher level of Marth play.

Also if you don't emblem lord requests that you all kill yourselves ^_^

To all of you who still don't believe me I'll give you a visual:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrUwyFI5_2o

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
OH NOES WHY YOU HATEING!!!!! WHY YOU HATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But steel2nd is right tapoff=means you will die in 3days with Marth and have to go to snake like me...
why so serious?

for reason

1.UB out of shield
2.for the fact reason 1 pwnts.
3.for the fact reason 2 is ture.
4.You should have learn to u-tilt in melee.
5.No really you should have.

I don't have the game so i can't even turn tap off.....

VietGeek

Smash Hero
<_<

*wait for video to be processed so he can see probably frame by frame stuff that he doesn't have time [anymore] to check out himself*

Whatever, I'll try default controls for a while. Whenever I get the chance.

He be hating because he's EL's messenger. Duh?

EDIT: Jin, I don't find my life valuable anyway. But I would like to go to a monthly at least once more before I die, kthx.

Second Edit: Jin, stop editing your post every two minutes. My job only.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
I am posting in a epic thread. lulz

But seriously, maybe this will stop the questions about tap jump, I hope.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
YouTube is just taking it's jolly old time processing the 26 second vid >_>
It happens. Youtube is a fickle thing. I heard Google is actually losing money off of it despite its popularity.

We should try uploading stuff via Niconico, lol.

I am posting in a epic thread. lulz

But seriously, maybe this will stop the questions about tap jump, I hope.
No.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
I'm keeping mines off most likely. I'm not even sure how often I want to use up b out of shield yet...

I'll think about it.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
The only Marth I've seen that uses up b in way worth taking the tap jump off is NEO.

I'll be taking mines of for about a week to test it out then make my desicision. I like to try things out myself first.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
The only Marth I've seen that uses up b in way worth taking the tap jump off is NEO.

I'll be taking mines of for about a week to test it out then make my desicision. I like to try things out myself first.
That's how it is supposed to be used -_-

And of course getting out of multi hit attacks as shown in the vid.

VietGeek

Smash Hero

Huh...? Neo makes it worth taking Tap Jump off?

o_o

Anyway, the video is amazingly simple. It doesn't account for shoulder button'd which would make it easier to actually Up+B even without Tap Jump (which means some people with undoubtedly question it). Regardless of its shortcomings, it states a point:

We all dislike Inui VietG. Remember how he can only place well but can't win? Don't be like VietG, learn to play. **** other characters, your main > your secondary. That has always been fact.

Also, if you want even more people to watch this, combine it with a compilation ("combo") video. We all know how popular those things are.

Also, how does one find frame data on their own? Being the cynic I am, I got to test this by my lonesome, via frame data.

Or at least so I can sleep soundly at night.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
That's what we are trying to say, Viet. There is no replacement for the simple 'up-b'. You will suffer at least 1 frame before you actually do the up b, and that 1 frame makes all the difference.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
That's what we are trying to say, Viet. There is no replacement for the simple 'up-b'. You will suffer at least 1 frame before you actually do the up b, and that 1 frame makes all the difference.
Yeah, yeah. I'm thinking of using default controls for Marth, then selecting my player name for Toon Link. That should work in practice.

Now, about that frame question. I can't sleep soundly until I know how to see frame-per-frame.

We're friends right? We're buddies right? <_<

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Yeah, yeah. I'm thinking of using default controls for Marth, then selecting my player name for Toon Link. That should work in practice.

Now, about that frame question. I can't sleep soundly until I know how to see frame-per-frame.

We're friends right? We're buddies right? <_<
Ankoku....

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
UB out of shield can kill around 95%(130 if they DI right)

The best counter for people who attack form edge.

Hype

Smash Lord
So if your using up B out of shield (with tap jump on) and shielding on frame 1. then you up B out of shield, are frames 2-6 invincablility frames? basically are you invulnerable at anytime between when your shielding and dolphin slash?

∫unk

Smash Master
you can up b out of shield fast enough.. it's just really effing hard and not worth it. fast as or faster than fox sh double laser in melee. it helps that i jump with y.

honestly not worth learning the timing when you can just turn tap jump on and learn to control your analog.

what's happening is you're hitting jump out of shield with up then at the fastest possible moment up-bing... you can see why this would be ridiculously hard with your fingers, although not impossible.

edit (cause steel and i don't want some nubs getting the wrong impression):
LEAVE TAP JUMP ON. TURNING IT OFF LEAVES ONE OF MARTHS BEST REACTIVE MOVES COMPLETELY UNRELIABLE.

Ask Bardull he spams this ****.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Eh, I'm still experimenting with tap jump off, but can't you up-B out of shield/reverse up-B out of runs if you press jump and B at (roughly) the same time?

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Does anyone else use dolphin slash as a trap? since it comes out so fast, when i miss a shield breaker and they foolishly run up during my lag they get caught by the slash XD

Ulevo

Smash Master
All Marth players need (notice how I said need, not should) to have Tap Jump set to "On". You know that little voice in your head that says to turn it off? He's lying. He's that scrubby old greasy bully from preschool that always stole your lunch money because he felt self conscious and later befriends you in your adolescent years by lying to your face about how sorry he is. DON'T LISTEN TO HIM.

Tap Jump "ON" people. At least for Marth. If I find you not using it, I'll subject you to Wario Waft treatments.

PotatoTube

Smash Cadet
This helped me a lot, actually, I play against a Falco who kept beating me, as soon as I turned on the tap jump, I killed him every kind, not sure if it's a coincidence

∫unk

Smash Master
Steel I'm not sure about the 1 frame thing I wouldn't be saying that until it's extensively tested.

You're point still remains true whether or not that is right so no need to be saying possibly false statements.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I wish to know what attacks hit the fastest in multiples to test this out.

I also need for Ankoku to tell me how to get the "framevision". <_<

I know you more respected members of the Marth boards want everyone to stop sucking and telling everyone what you know works will do just that, but I as the crazed reject wish to test things further. Whether I want to do it for my own ends or to simply prove the common notion wrong I don't know.

I'm an ***, yes I am. Speaking hypothetically, can one use Up+B out of shield without any jump delay using a jump button, not Tap Jump? The difficulty is irrelevant, but is it humanly possible?

Also, other people: While I may be arguing by my lonesome, you people still should learn how to play with Tap Jump. If anyone is going to lose all their respect, I wish it to be me alone. ^^

Top Bottom