• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The game Shadow the Hedgehog does not exist. It is a result of my subconscious trying to make me hate an awesome character.
Heh... Uhm. Okay. Got you there. <.<"

Edit:
@SirKibble:
I guess I've learned from my sad past with Lip drowning because I wasn't known, she wasn't really recognized and stuff... ^^,

BlueYoshiPinkShoes

Smash Apprentice
Viewtiful Joe​

A hardcore movie fan, Joe cannot wait to see the new movie featuring Captain Blue! After a robot from the movie captures his girlfriend Silvia, Captain Blue has no choice but to pull Joe in to save her. Then, gaining awesome VFX powers, Joe starts his mission to save his girlfriend. The journey won't be so easy with the villains on your tail, eh Joe? It's a good thing Captain Blue is here to help you! Ahh, Life is Viewtiful.

"Henshin A Go-Go, Baby!"

The Basics:
Tether: No
Crawl: Yes
Glide: No
Wall Cling: No
Wall Jump: Yes

Stats:
Power: 3/5
Speed: 3/5
Range: 3/5
Projectile Range: 4/5
Drop Speed: 4/5
Weight: 2/5
1st Jump: 5/5 (Jumps about equal to Falco's)
2nd Jump: 4/5
Traction: 3/5
Priority: 5/5

Standard [A] Attacks:
Neutral A Combo: High Punch, Low Punch, High Kick combo. Think his combo from the game. If only first hit connects, 2%, if two of three do, 5%, if all three, 7%.

FTilt: Joe aims a kick at the midesection of the enemy, dealing 8% damage, and set knockback, with the set knockback at about a quarter of FD.

Dtilt: Joe sticks his leg out, as if to trip the foe. Similar to Ganon's Dtilt animation. Deals 8% and medium knockback. Lag is also similar to Ganon's.

UTilt: Joe jumps up and kicks the opponent high. This causes zero lag, as the animation is done very quickly. Deals 6% and minimum knockback.

Dash attack: When running, Joe sticks his foot perpendicular to his body, similar to ZSS' dashing attack. 6%, and medium knockback, with the knockback trajectory being straight away from his foot.

Smashes:

FSmash: VFX Flurry- Joe speeds up time in the immediate area in front of him, and unleashes a flurry of punches upon the enemy, ending with a wound up punch. This attack's lag is near unforgivable, for if he misses, he still performs the punches, but if the attack connects, it cannot be escaped and deals massive damage and knockback. This is a unique smash, because it cannot be charged, and it acts almost as a grab. It deals 28%, with knockback rivaling Ike's FSmash.

DSmash: Sliding Kick- Joe slides along the ground, traveling as far as Wolf's FSmash. This is another unique smash, for if it connects, the opponent trips as if they stepped on a banana. The attack has much more ending lag than Wolf's FSmash, which makes it less spammable. The attack deals 10% uncharged, and 16% fully charged, with no knockback.

USmash: Uppercut- A standard USmash, with a sweetspot slightly above and in front of Joe. Deals 15% uncharged and 22% fully charged. Knockback is similar to Peach's USmash in terms of both amount of knockback and trajectory.

Aerials:

Nair- Joe is the only character capable of performing his Neutral A combo while in the air, and for his Nair, he does just that. Joe pauses in the air, and performs his Neutral A combo. To avoid this attack being unfair, the Nair can only be performed once per time spent in the air.

Fair: Joe kicks with zeal, and there is a sweetspot at the tip of the toe. If it hits on the sweetspot, it does 16% and very good knockback. If not, 5% and minimal knockback.

Uair: Joe performs a circle kick similar to Captain Falcon's Uair. Same Damage and knockback.

Bair: Joe spins around in the air, hitting hard in back, and weakly in front. The kick connects around back first, then swings to the front. If it hits in back, 10% with great knockback. In front, 4% with minimal knockback.

Dair: Red Hot Kick: Joe kicks points his toe downward, instantly drilling toward the ground ablaze. A Stall-then-fall aerial. It has some splash damage when Joe hits the ground, and if it hits with the splash, it deals 2%. If Joe hits directly, it deals 9%, and spikes.

Special Attacks:

Neutral B: Shocking Pink!- Joe pulls out a signature bomb, called Shocking Pink. Joe can juggle the bomb on his feet for a while to cook it, and this attack has quite a lot of ending lag. He lobs it, and it travels about half the distance of FD. If Joe is in the Air, he drops it where he is, with no lag. He can only drop three per jump. The bombs deal 10% and medium knockback.

Side B: Voomerang- The Voomerang is Joe's best boss killing tool. Joe throws out one of these bad babies, and it travels across the stage, about as large and fast as a hothead. If it hits on the ledge, it spikes. It first travels straight for about half of FD, and curves around to hit behind him. does 15% and good knockback.

Down B: Zoom-In Ground Pound- If on the ground, Joe gets a pink field of energy around him, and punches the ground. It has a bit of start up lag, but it has great distance and it's VERY powerful. If performed in the air, Joe drills directly toward the ground, decimating all in his path. It takes a little while for Joe to disengage this attack, so the ending lag is punishable. Direct on the ground, 19%, great knockback. Splash on the ground, 5% weak knockback. Direct in the air, 21% great knockback.

Up B: Zoom-In Drill Boost- Joe uses his Zoom-In VFX, and gets another jump. He gains a pink drill of energy that surrounds him, and gains some distance. About as much as Ness' PKT recovery. If it connects directly, it deals good damage and good knockback. Joe has superarmor frames during the attack. 16% and good knockback.

Final Smash

Viewtiful Forever- Joe uses his VFX powers, slowing everyone else down, speeding himself up, and giving himself some extra power! This lasts for fifteen seconds, giving Joe some time to pummel his opponents and rack up some damage. Finally, after fifteen seconds, Joe strikes a pose that is just too cool! Everyone that was hit takes the collective knockback from all the hits he got on them.

Quirks/Miscellaneous Animations

Alternate Costumes: Joe's armor changes color. Yellow, Green, White, Blue, Purple, Black, and a retro black and white costume are available.

Joe's symbol is a film reel
Entrance: Joe blips into existence, at first blurry and without armor, then he says his signature phrase, and prepares for battle.
His Wiimote sound is, you guessed it, "Henshin a Go Go, Baby!"

Get up attack- Joe spins around, breakdance style. 4% no knockback.
Ledge Get-up attack, >100%- Joe vaults over the ledge, kicking as he goes. 6%, minimal knockback.
Ledge Get-up attack, <100- Joe climbs onto the stage, obviously spent and throws a weak punch. 3%, no knockback.

Trip animation: Joe falls, and goes back to normal, losing his VFX armor.
Dizzy: Joe sways on the spot, stars around his head.
Sleeping: Joe lays on his stomach, snoozing without his armor on.
Sidestep: Joe uses his dodge animation from the game, jumping slightly and throwing his hands in the air.
Air Dodge: Same as Sidestep.

Taunt 1: Henshin a Go-Go, Baby!
Taunt 2: C'mon, kick it up!
Taunt 3: Joe sheds his armor, yells "Take 5!" then comes to, realizes it's not the movie, and prepares for battle again.

Victory Pose 1: Joe turns around, claps at the other competitors, and takes a bow.
Victory Pose 2: Joe sits on the ground, sheds his armor, and pants tiredly.
Victory Pose 3: Joe says "Man, winning sure is tiring!"
Losing Pose: Joe claps without his armor on.

Kirby Hat: Kirby gains Joe's helmet.

Snake Codec

Snake: Otacon, who's that, some kind of Power Ranger?
Otacon: No Snake, that's Viewtiful Joe.
Snake: Well, in any case, he looks ridiculous.
Otacon: No Snake, he controls time! He's pretty... [At this time, Otacon's voice is sped up so fast, it's incoherent. This goes on for a couple of seconds between the two of them, until]
Snake: Eyyyeeeeee Seeeeeee Whaaaaaaat Yooouuuuu Meeeaaaannn, Otaaacoohhhn. Eyeeeeee'll Haaaaaaaave toooo beeee caaaarefulll. [Snake's voice is slowed down, and his words are stretched out. Then, Joe pauses time, walks up to the codec box, and says "Henshin a Go Go, Baby!"

Assist Trophy: Captain Blue

Captain Blue, Joe's hero and main enemy, has come to turn the tide of battle! Captain Blue shoots pillars of Lightning across the stage. They increase in size, and in damage, and they hold massive killing power. I'd watch it if I were you, Captain Blue, the King of Lightning, is a dangerous force not to be taken lightly!

D

Deleted member

well, once again, I will procrastinate on posting my redone stanley moveset. however, I will announce right now that I'll again be compiling a nomination list for best designer!! Here's what I've got so far:
I find your lack of Baron disturbing. *Points at sig*

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@GCM:
Ooo, ooo, I want to be the Up Air, because this is the move which ALWAYS gives me trouble in EVERY moveset I do. XD

Also, I'll scrap the idea of Tails and Knuckles, I think. I have no ideas coming up for them - for Tails only these boxing glove things he had in Sonic Battle. And for Knux practically nuffin.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman

The thread itself. Its goin to be made up of moves based on the participants. Let me know if you have an idea of what your move will be. Don't give me a FS or speacials they have been chosen.
I call getting a special move!

Use your imagination, if I told you what to put it'd probably be boring.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
@GCM:
Ooo, ooo, I want to be the Up Air, because this is the move which ALWAYS gives me trouble in EVERY moveset I do. XD
Anything in mind cause if not I can make it something like the question mark on his face moves to above him since you always have trouble with up airs.

I CALL MYSELF AS THE FINAL SMASH.

Shweet.
No.

I call getting a special move!

Use your imagination, if I told you what to put it'd probably be boring.
Like I said I already mostly decided the specials.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Shadow (game)-haters:
Well, okay! I think the game was not THAT bad, k? >_<

Still I think the few attacks relating to it, and that's only that gun and the satellite ray (and the entrance, for that matter), make him a bit more unique than just having a tad more of Chaos Force attacks or generic Sonic-attacks. <_<
I know Shadow the Hedgehog is a game which is very disliked, but yeah... you know my points now. =/

@GCM and MYM-Moveset:
lol... as I said, I have no idea. Maybe something Sonic series-related, seeing how the Sonic cast makes up half of my movesets? I dunno. ^^;

Darkurai

Smash Master
Ok I finally decided who Im going to do.

The thread itself. Its goin to be made up of moves based on the participants. Let me know if you have an idea of what your move will be. Don't give me a FS or speacials they have been chosen.
Being the one who made such amazing contributions as Youko, the box to Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and the MissingNO. Pokéball with actual in-game screenshots, I should be in this moveset.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman

Ooh, ooh, I wanna be the Fsmash. MyM could have a Mario-esque explosion of fire, only the flame is white. Super white. Ivory.

Yagetit?

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
I call a different special move. I wanna be a recovery. *yes that was a pun. cookies to whoever gets it.*
No one read the last sentence did they.

Also don't worry darkurai you'll be in it.

Ooh, ooh, I wanna be the Fsmash. MyM could have a Mario-esque explosion of fire, only the flame is white. Super white. Ivory.

Yagetit?
You people have a listening problem

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman

I'll be in! it sounds fun... i dont really know what move i wanna be yet but i will decide...

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
This is going to be one of my last entries.

Monkey D. Luffy

The infamous 300 million bounty pirate, Monkey D. Luffy joins the brawl! Hailing from the One Piece Manga series, Luffy has eaten the Gomu Gomu No Mi, or rubber rubber fruit, giving his organs, bones, and other body parts qualities similar to that of rubber. Luffy is a very trusting and innocent person, and thus has no problems with believing in his greatest dream: To find the treasure One Piece, and become the Pirate King, the title granted to the strongest pirate on the planet.

Luffy has one VERY interesting feature; His limbs stretch! They don’t just stretch short distances, either; A fully charged F-smash goes over half the distance of Final Destination! Wow! Unfortunately, Luffy has one weakness: His attacks have loads of lag. Due to the intitial stretching to gain speed and power, or due to the time of some of his attacks pulling back in, Luffy is the overall laggiest character, so it’s a good idea to space VERY well with him.

Remember, only the parts that hit the opponents in the attack usually are hitboxes. You cannot hit someone with Luffy’s arm during his forward smash, you have to hit it with his palms or the backs of his hands.

Statistics

Height: *** Luffy is very lightly built and short for his age (17), and is about the same height as Zero Suit Samus.
Weight: **1/2, Luffy’s rubber bones and muscles make him lighter than most normal people. He also doesn’t carry any equipment, lowering his weight further.
Crouch: *** A fairly normal crouch. Luffy crouches and plants his knuckles on the ground, like an ape.
Running Speed: *** Unlike the speed of most of his attacks, Luffy’s running speed is decent.
Power:**** Luffy's range and power are his two main boons in battle.
Attack Speed:* Luffy's main problem.
First Jump: *** Luffy’s first jump is a normal, human jump.
Second Jump: **** Luffy’s second jump gives him a good boost, but nothing serious.
Recovery Distance: ***** Luffy’s ledge grab game is sick.
Crawl: Yes. Luffy walks forward on his knuckles.
Ledge Grab Reach: ***** His extendable and lanky limbs put him up there as one of the best ledge grabbers.
Wall Cling: Yes. He can grab onto walls like a monkey.
Wall Jump: Yes.

Attacks

Jabs, Tilts, and the Dash Attack.

Gomu Gomu No Gattling Gun, A jab: This attack is rather simple. Luffy starts punching repeatedly with both arms so quickly that it looks like he has multiple ones. Each punch deals minimal knockback and damage, try to hit with a lot of them. Luffy slightly stretches his arms while punching, giving him more range than most repeated jabs and allowing him to land more consectutive hits.

Gomu Gomu No Pistol, F-tilt: Luffy pulls back his arm and stretches it a few feet very quickly and then slams it forward, saying quickly, “Gomu Gomu No PISTOL!” After extending his limb to it’s limit, he pulls it back. The punch has about the range of a third of FD, not including the hit behind Luffy. Like most attacks where Luffy stretches a body part back and snaps it forward, the punch can connect even while it’s behind Luffy. The lag at the end of the move is relatively large, but it has plenty of power and loads of range for an F-tilt and has not too much lag at the beginning. This is Luffy’s signature attack.

Gomu Gomu No Flail, U-tilt: Luffy grabs his arm in one hand and swings it around above his head like a flail for repeated hits. The last hit sends the opponent a medium distance up. After finishing, Luffy lets the arm hang a bit before letting it snap back. Good for damage racking and juggling at higher percentages. However, it has the massive problem of

Gomu Gomu No Wave, D-tilt: Luffy plants both hands on the ground and swings around in a breakdance type move, causing minor damage and knockback. No stretching involved in this move.

Gomu Gomu No Swing, Dash attack: Luffy plants both hands on the ground and uses his forward momentum to swing his body and legs forward. He stretches his arms while doing so to gain more distance, moving like a swing. Very little startup lag. Causes medium vertical knockback. The range of this attack is enormous, of course. It has the range of about a quarter the length of FD. However, at the end of the attack, his body requires a little time to snap back to his former position, making it another move upset by ending lag.

Smashes

Gomu Gomu No Bazooka, F-smash: Luffy’s signature finisher. He pulls back both his arms. “Gomu Gomu No…” and then slams them forward at the same time, palm out, while shouting “BAZOOKA!”. This attack, like many of his smashes, changes not only its power but its range with charging. Uncharged, this attack merely has a distance of about a meter, which is hardly good for Luffy. Charging it up longer makes Luffy pull his arms further back, allowing him to have much more range, power, and initial speed. Essentially, a fully charged one of these can go forward half-way across FD, which is sick. However, despite the initial attack speed being quicker, the ending lag is much longer, so be careful with charging. Also, remember that you are making your arm’s hitboxes longer by charging, so watch out if your opponents get behind you or dodge the attack. Finally, remember that the palms do damage even when they’re still behind your body. This attack has super armor frames during the point when the arms are still behind you. This attack has loads of horizontal knockback. It is a very reliable kill move for Luffy as well.

Gomu Gomu No Ono (Axe), U-smash: Luffy raises his leg and stretches his foot high up in the air, shouting “Gomu Gomu No…” before he lets go it crashing down right about a foot in front of him. “ONU!” The more you charge this, the higher Luffy raises his leg, and the faster and more powerful it comes crashing down. The initial attack speed is shorter the longer it’s charged, like his F-smash, but his U-smash doesn’t suffer any more ending lag when it’s charged. This attack can and should be used to utterly destroy aerial opponents, as it spikes them down with enormous knockback. This attack is also a good edgeguarding tool, since it spikes opponents on, near, or above a ledge.

Gomu Gomu No Muchi/Whip, D-smash: Luffy pulls back his leg and starts twisting his body around, charging the attack. Unlike other charges, Luffy doesn’t stretch any of his body parts while charging. When finished, Luffy lets himself go, uncoiling and swinging his legs around him in a circle repeatedly, with the entire leg and foot being the hitbox. If charged, the attack will stretch during the animation and have more range. A fully charged D-smash has a range of 2 meters behind Luffy, and 2 ½ meters in front of him. This attack has good horizontal knockback, but its best use it area control, as it has more time and range in both directions than the other smashes.

Aerials

Gomu Gomu No Star, N-Air: Luffy turns to the screen and stretches his arms and legs out diagonally in all four directions. This attack has not much knockback, but has very little starting lag. There is quite a bit of ending lag.

Gomu Gomu No Yari/Spear, D-air: Luffy brings both feet together and slams them both down at high speed, stretching his legs in the process. This spikes opponents downwards. This attack has amazing vertical range downwards (About 7 feet), but it has some ending lag. Oddly enough, this attack is composed of two attacks, as Luffy damages his opponents and pulls them back up while snapping his legs back to their normal lengths. If the attack hits the ground, Luffy experiences considerably more lag, so use it high up.

Gomu Gomu No Drop Kick, F-air: Luffy raises his leg and slams it back down. This move involves no stretching and is very fast. It’s a meteor, not a spike, so remember to deal with the opponent. This should be one of your most used aerials, as it lacks the lag of your ground moves.

Gomu Gomu No Tate, U-air: Used to block Arlong’s Sharks on Darts attack. Luffy lifts his hands above his head while grabbing the fingers of one hand with the other and stretches the fingers. Minor vertical knockback, but it lasts like a sex kick. Good for juggling.

Gomu Gomu No Sex Kick, B-air: Luffy shoots back his entire leg, stretching it about 5 feet. It stays held back for a second and a half before being pulled back in. It causes minor aerial knockback and is slow to come up, but it’s still an okay move. Like most “stretchy” moves, the main problem is start-up or ending lag.

Grab

Grab: Luffy’s grab is the longest in the game, without a doubt. In it, he shoots forward both arms, latching onto whatever opponent is in the way, and pulling in the opponent. This grabs reach is enormous, allowing Luffy to grab people a third of the way across FD. However, it does have disadvantages. The first it that it leaves Luffy vulnerable at the end and beginning, as his arms both pull back before shooting forward and stay stretched for a long time before snapping back. Also, Luffy’s grab is extremely vulnerable against spotdodging, as it allows the opponent to runs to Luffy and punish him without him being able to retaliate. However, they had better do that quick. When the arms snap back into place, the hands can grab a person on the way.

A while grabbing: Luffy knees his opponent for normal damage.

Gomu Gomu No Hammer, F-throw: Luffy twists around his arms until they are wound up, pulls back his opponent over his head, and then proceeds to let loose. The opponent is spun around while slammed into the ground in front of Luffy, firing him forwards at a vertical trajectory. Not enough knockback to be a reliable KO move, so don’t expect to use it as much as the B-throw.

Gomu Gomu No Spear Launch, U-throw: Luffy throws his opponent about 10 feet above him, plants his hands on the ground, and then shoots both his feet upward into the opponent, sending him flying higher still. This attack also has a slight back trajectory. Luffy’s other good KO throw.

Gomu Gomu No Kane, D-throw: Used against Captain Kuro in the manga. Luffy stretches his head back a meter, and then slams it into the person he’s holding onto, dealing large amounts of damage. He then proceeds to throw the enemy at the ground.

Gomu Gomu No Pinwheel/Kazaguruma, B-throw: Luffy twists his body around until its wound tight, before letting loose. He proceeds to spin around while stretching his arms, finally letting go of the opponent and letting him fly behind him. It’s very similar to Mario’s B-throw, but it has more knockback. It’s a very reliable KO move.

Specials

Gear Third, B: A chargable, but not storable move where Luffy bites his finger and starts blowing air into his bones, inflating his arm. Once you either stop charging or the charging finishes, Luffy then slams his now giant fist forward. This move has loads of super armor when fully charged, and its priority is enough to stop opponents from trying to attack it. Shielding or rolling out of this move turns Luffy’s arm back to normal, so you can’t store it. The longer you charge this move, the larger the hitbox and range is. A fully charged Gear Third fist has as much range as a fully charged forward smash and is about 10 feet tall in game terms. Wow!
However, Gear 3 has a nasty side-effect: After you perform the attack, there’s a moment of lag where the air is let out of your arm, and… You shrink. As if you ingested a poison mushroom, you become a light-weight wimp for the next 7 seconds. Time to start running away!

Gomu Gomu No Fuusen, B-down: Luffy sucks in air extremely quickly, swelling his body up like a balloon. All physical attacks that hit the balloon part and not Luffy’s head or legs get negated and instead cause the opponent to receive backwards knockback. This technique also repels physical projectiles of all kinds, from Snake’s grenades to Link’s arrows to King Dedede’s Waddles. Projectiles reflected travel back the exact same trajectory they originally used: For example, Snake’s U-Smash would rocket back into the air and plummet down on where Snake was sitting. Any time an explosive projectile hits Luffy’s balloon like body, it gets reflected. This move isn’t very good for countering (Due to its startup time where Luffy inhales), but it can be very useful if the opponent is approaching or projectile spamming.

Gomu Gomu No Tether, B-up: Luffy does this attack in three different ways; Normal, midair, and tether. Normally, Luffy shoots out and stretches his arms diagonally upwards about 7 feet in a grasping position. If the hands grab an object, Luffy will instantly pull it in and grab it. If it hits an opponent, it will grab the enemy and slam it into the ground below where Luffy caught it, trapping them like DK’s side B.

The B-up aims and stretches the same way in the air normally. If it hits an opponent while your in the air, something completely different happens: Luffy grabs the opponent and slingshots himself over them in the direction he’s facing. using the tension. He flies forward a considerable distance, so it pretty easy to get back to the ledge using this technique. This can be used to stop gimping as well, and can even grab an opponent on a ledge if their invincibility has run out (No, you do not knock them off the ledge when you do this.), making edge-hogging even more difficult. Also, items in midair are still grabbed.

Finally, there’s the tether recovery. This is a pretty standard tether recovery, except it has an edge of about 5 feet of outwards horizontal and vertical range, so edge-hogging is less of a problem.

Soru, Side B: Luffy disappears for a split second, and then reappears about 10 feet ahead of where he had been before, only facing in the opposite direction. This can be used to sneak behind an opponent and nail them with any attack in your arsenal. You can slightly adjust the angle of the soru. It is also possible to link soru by using soru, hitting it slightly into the ground, and then by using soru again. You cannot attack with this move, unlike Meta’s dimensional cape and Zamuses down B.

The Rest

Roll: Luffy’s roll is quite normal, so it’s not like there’s much to say here. Normal speed, and he actually rolls instead of just swiveling around like ROB.

Spot Dodge: Normal length.

Run: Luffy bends slightly over and pumps his arms.

Ledge Attack 1: Luffy does a summersault over the edge while extending his feet in a kick. Lots of range, like most of his attacks. Okay knockback.

Ledge Attack 2: Luffy crawls onto the ledge and punches. Marginal knockback and speed.

Getting Up Attack: Luffy spins around, extending his limbs, before flipping onto his feet. This attack has lots of range both left and right, so it’s a very good getting up attack (Although you’ll of course not want to use it.).

Extras

Final Smash, Gomu Gomu No Storm: Luffy kicks upward with his foot normally. If it connects… Well, let’s just say your opponent will feel a world of pain. The opponent will be hit about 15 feet in the air, Luffy will twist his body while inhaling air, and then release the air downwards, shooting him up. At the same time, he unwinds his body, causing it to start spinning around. He then proceeds to start repeatedly punching to opponent from below, dealing blows so fast that it looks as though he has multiple arms. The opponent will gradually be moved up by the attack for about 5 feet, before getting hit by the final blow. This attack’s usually a OHKO, so stay away from Luffy so he doesn’t kick you.

Taunt 1: Luffy screams "MEAT!", pulls out a piece of beef from no where, and devours it.
Taunt 2: Luffy cracks the knuckles of his left hand with his right, and then s******s.
Taunt 3: Luffy drops to the ground and sits cross legged, looking around at his surroundings in curiosity. He then gets back up.

Alternate Costumes

Red vest, blue shorts, and a yellow straw-hat on top of his head.-Default, Red
Blue vest, red shorts, and a yellow straw-hat on top of his head.-Blue
Green vest, yellow shorts, and a yellow straw-hat on top of his head.-Green
Black vest, red shorts, darker tanned skin, white hair, a cape, and a crown on top of his head.-Pirate King
White vest with a light blue Marine insignia on the back, light blue shorts, and a Marine cap on top of his head (By marines, I mean the One Piece version).-Marine Luffy
No vest, a green tattoo of a flaming skull and crossbones on his chest, boxing gloves, and an enormous black afro on his head.-Afro Luffy (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Afro_Luffy.PNG)

Wii Choosing Noise: “Let’s fight!” He says this in his typical loud and screechy voice.

Entrance: Two arms reach out to the stage, grab it, and slingshot Luffy onto it.

Franchise Symbol

Victory Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THrxabRHk44&feature=related

Victory 1: Luffy yawns, looks around, and then falls over, a sleep bubble coming from his nose.
Victory 2: Luffy eats a gigantic hunk of meat on a stick ravenously next to a massive pile of meat. Once he’s done, he throws the stick off the screen, pulls out another stick of meat, and repeats the process over and over.
Victory 3: Luffy sits on top of a gigantic pile of assorted treasure while wearing a crown, smiling. He then sees something off-screen that grabs his interest, causing him to jump off the treasure pile and run out of the screen. The treasure pile stays unguarded.

Loss: Luffy claps with much gusto, swinging his entire arms. He grins while doing this.

Snake's Codec

Snake: Otagon, who's that stretchy guy?
Otagon: That's Strawhat Luffy, age 17, one of the most notorious pirates of the sea. He doesn't look it, though.
Snake: He's too young to be a pirate. Does he drink rum?
Otagon: ...
Snake: How about the stretching?
Otagon: Luffy has eaten the gomu gomu no mi, which gives his body the qualities of rubber. He can stretch it, bend it, snap it... He can even blow air into his own bones to make himself bigger.
Snake: You still haven't answered my question about the rum. Does he drink alcohol?
Otagon: Snake, if I told you the answer, this game's rating would be bumped up.
Snake: I'll take that as a yes.

Role in the SSE

Luffy is enjoying some sunshine on his ship, the Thousand Sunny, when out of nowhere Pit falls from sky onto his head. Luffy gets up and looks at Pit. Pit gets into a fighting position. Luffy reaches out with his arms… And then pulls Pit close, hugging him (No, I’m not saying Luffy’s gay. He was just hugging Pit as a sign of friendship. Although he could be gay, I’m just saying there’s no evidence. There’s no romance in One Piece.). Pit looks slightly uncomfortable during this.

Luffy and Pit sail across the sea, running into monsters and easily KOing them, but then they find a new opponent: Ganondorf, in a massive battleship filled to the brim with his servants. The pair are taken hostage aboard Ganondorf’s ship, but Luffy easily stretches out his arm and grabs the key, allowing him and Pit to make their escape. Meanwhile, Toon Link sails in on the King of Red Lions, looking flustered.

The trio eventually meet and destroy the battleship, but not before Ganondorf challenges Toon Link to a fight. Before he can attack, however, he is punched by a fist, belonging to Mister Strawhat himself. Taking this as a challenge, Ganon fights him instead.

D

Deleted member

*Puppy dog eyes* Please? Dash attack, perhaps?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If you don't tell me what you want your attack to look like I will base it on your name, personality or if I need to who you submitted.
Heh. *sees the head of MYM become the spade symbol in a deck of cards*

But if you have no idea about an UAir, I would join in TheSundanceKid's proposal and want to be a Taunt or the Entrance animation.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
I take D-air. It's a downwards kick, but when you hit the ground with it, you bounce off a small distance. When you hit someone with the bounce, you do 20 damage and cause large knockback. When you hit someone with just the downwards kick, you do small knockback and 8 damage. You also get this insane grin on your face while doing it for no reason whatsoever.

By the way, can anyone give me a bit of feedback on my entry?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For Down Smash, how about a circle of energy appears around MYM and pushes an enemy back a bit. Not very powerful but can be charged for decent knockback. Good damage, though. Quite slow.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Lol. What I meant by I'll be a recovery was very literal. I would be used to recover.

I take a thing of gasoline and light it, making an explosion that forms the recovery jump. Cuz I'm a pyromaniac, and if I'm a move, I set somethin on fire.

EDIT: ANYWAY, apparently Meta Ridley is up in the air. I call dibs on him then.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
I need your guys' opinion.
How small could I make a character before making it too broken/unfitting for the game?
Squirtle and Olimar are already pushing the envelope. I'd say maybe 6 inches shorter than Olimar at MOST.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
I take D-air. It's a downwards kick, but when you hit the ground with it, you bounce off a small distance. When you hit someone with the bounce, you do 20 damage and cause large knockback. When you hit someone with just the downwards kick, you do small knockback and 8 damage. You also get this insane grin on your face while doing it for no reason whatsoever.

By the way, can anyone give me a bit of feedback on my entry?
I felt the choice of moves odd however it works good. I like it. Also if you request a move explain its origin. and how it represents you.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
What about width, do you think width matters or just height?
I don't think width matters that much. I mean, if your character is bigger in the width, it would be a little easier to hit them with aerial attacks, but that's pretty much it.

@KoJ:
I know, still I think Olimar's size is, as you said, pretty borderlining.

@GCM:
I think KoJ relates that move to his Eggman avvie. Robotnik is fat, so he bounces on the floor, and he has that insane grin most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom