• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Well something should be established. We don't need all these extra stuff being added if they're going to waste.
Nobody needs to act now, but it's just something to consider for the future. The characters are most important. The OP might have everything figured out.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I was going to make a stage, but if they don't help your rating I might not. I don't think anyone's gonna answer this question for you, SirKibble.
If I'm not mistaken, there is a separate contest for Assist Trophies and Stages.

At least there was in MYM1. Didn't participate much in MYM2, so can't say anything about it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I vote cool antagonist, he would probably have a moveset that's well, cooler.:laugh:
I was ORIGINALLY going to have him be a boss, but I like the idea of him being playable because he's similar (In form anyway) to Darknuts from Twilight Princess. I'll get a couple more opinions because it's so hard to choose. I might actually enter two of them in the long run.

The "Rival" character has a very cool moveset in general to me, but that's just me.

piman42

Smash Cadet
well he's judging, so I was asking him. I suppose Commander Blitzkerg could answer also. idk if he's on, or if he is, reading this thread now.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well you start from 115 and go backwards, and after the reviewer gets to 1 he starts with 116 and goes ahead. By that time the two reviewers we already have should be further and then everyone is getting covered at some point and quicker.
I guess someone could do that... I don't think it would work as well as you might think, though. People who post movesets after page 115 would then be stuck in the same predicament.

Oh, really? In that case... Someone wants a moveset for Spinal from Killer Instinct. Maybe he could do that? I would but I've already decided on my who my next moveset's gonna be, and it's a 4-in-1, so I probably wouldn't get to him in time.
I stick to characters I'm familiar with, so that I can actually make quality movesets. I think you'll have time, though. The contest doesn't end for a while.

Are assist trophies and stages for the characters included for the judging, or are they judged separately? Just asking because I really like the assist trophy of Jack I made for the Big Daddy/Little Sister set. For those who haven't seen the assist trophy, check the link to the moveset in my sig.
Or are they even judged at all?
I was going to make a stage, but if they don't help your rating I might not. I don't think anyone's gonna answer this question for you, SirKibble.
If a character wins, all related material automatically wins as well. But I will say this. I don't concern myself a lot with stages and Assist Trophies when I judge. I'm more concerned with the actual character. So they'll get in with them, but in my book, they won't help them get in.

SirKibble isn't even on; he can't answer our inquiries about stages/ATs. blah
Told you my internet was crap on a stick. It booted me off as I was trying to reply the first time, and I had to restart the computer to get it running again...

SirKibble didn't make this thread though.
This is a very valid point. Just thought I'd point that out. Although, on a side note, I've been told I should run MYM4.

well he's judging, so I was asking him. I suppose Commander Blitzkerg could answer also. idk if he's on, or if he is, reading this thread now.
I figure all of the Commies answers will probably differ slightly, as we all look at movesets a little differently. So best case scenario is all of us respond to the question.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
The subspace story was VERY awesome! I really liked the villians alligance, and that double crossing starman :D

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Ok, so they might help with other commies? and was Darkurai right about a separate contest?
Yeah, some of the other Commies might look at them more when evaluating, but I don't. And there's not a separate contest this time. If a character is one of the winners, all material (including Assist Trophies, stages, etc.) that goes along with them will win with them.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Mr. Kibbles, whut u think of a seperate place to discuss the MYM dojo and the previous thing?

...Well? I'm a woman, it's my place to nag.
What kind of separate place did you have in mind? I don't think we're allowed to have more than one MYM thread here at a time...

smashbot226

Smash Master
Astaroth is seen standing in the ashes of where Davros once was, and where Baz blew up Giygas. He inhales deeply, and the camera zooms into his eyes. Each eye has this in it:

Astaroth blinks and his eyes go back to normal. He smiles evilly and laughs a bone-chilling laugh.

THE END!!!!!
:>

10 :>'s

So extra stage? Or spoiler to a preview?

He sould've said, "Time to slaughter!" at the end of it.

EDIT: Since ike is solid apparently reserved Aragorn, I'm gonna reserve:

Sauron, The Dark Lord of Middle Earth, has returned! He wields his Ring Of Power! Can even ARAGORN stop him now?!?

peeup

Smash Lord
A few questions:

1) cheap josh suggested that we could have a third judge that would start at teh back... why don't we just have a judge that starts at 75? That would make it go faster...

2) Are yours/heoandreo's judgments final? I hope not, because if somebody edits their moveset after its been judged...

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm calling Darknut by request, wether it was done or not. I am also doing a custom character, Ramses, when I'm done.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'm beginning to feel like some kind of celebrity... Okay...

A few questions:

1) cheap josh suggested that we could have a third judge that would start at teh back... why don't we just have a judge that starts at 75? That would make it go faster...

2) Are yours/heoandreo's judgments final? I hope not, because if somebody edits their moveset after its been judged...
You can let them know and they'll rejudge, atleast for HeoandReo. I had that happen for one of mine. I don't know what SirKibble's policy is.
First off, that's for that third judge to decide. So if someone agrees to it, I'm not gonna stop them.

As far as the second point goes, you can request for either of us to judge your moveset again if we've already done it. PMs work best, because 1) they ensure that we get the message, and 2) they avoid cluttering the thread.

peeup

Smash Lord
Since no movesets are being posted and the only conversations that are going on are somewhat unimportant...

This is a funny quote. Put this in your sig. I'll give you a cookie...

piman42

Smash Cadet
OK, I know I have Herman Li to finish and Zeeky H. Bomb to START, but for when I'm done I'm reserving...

I will try, and probably fail, to not make him exactly like he is in One Piece: Grand Adventure (since I have it and know all his attacks.) Suggestions for moves that AREN'T in OP:GA would be appreciated. Note: I'm probably gonna call him Trace, not Ace, cuz I hate 4kids translations as much as anyone (cough cough poison suction cups instead of wooden stakes) but I'm used to calling him Trace, not Ace.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
OK, I know I have Herman Li to finish and Zeeky H. Bomb to START, but for when I'm done I'm reserving...

I will try, and probably fail, to not make him exactly like he is in One Piece: Grand Adventure (since I have it and know all his attacks.) Suggestions for moves that AREN'T in OP:GA would be appreciated.
Entei/Solar Emperor as a chargeable attack that he then tosses.

A fire cross.

A fire ring.

An attack where he activates his Logia intangibility.

An attack where he transforms into fire and attacks the opponent while in fire form.

An attack where he makes Smash Bros get banned because of the symbol on his back (It's the Japanese symbol for good luck, which looks like a swatzika).

I don't know if any of those (Bar the last one) are from the game you're talking about, but those would be my first choices.

piman42

Smash Cadet
I know I just reserved, but...

(image by Hyperlon on DeviantArt)

he's my avatar, so come on. I need to reserve before someone else does.
RESERVED FOR THE AWESOME THAT IS ROCK LEE.

EDIT: sry for the double post. I took a while finding the pic and guessed that someone had posted already.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I know that Banjo and Kazooie has almost certainly had a moveset made for them in one of the previous make your move threads but... can I create one for them? Not sure if I have to ask for perission but to be on the safe side...

peeup

Smash Lord
piman, your tempting me to do a moveset for shikamaru. Aside from every character in bobobo-bo bo-bobo and DBZ, he's the coolest anime char ever

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
piman, your tempting me to do a moveset for shikamaru. Aside from every character in bobobo-bo bo-bobo and DBZ, he's the coolest anime char ever
I take it you haven't watched Cowboy Beebop.

smashbot226

Smash Master

Sauron, The Dark Lord of Middle Earth, has returned! He wields his Ring Of Power! Can even ARAGORN stop him now?!?

Sauron is a slowpoke, slower than Ganondorf, and has huge lag on all his moves. Also, his jumps are bad and his air game is worse. However, Sauron has THE BEST defense in the game; CONSTANT Super Armor below 100. Also, his moves are among the strongest in both terms of knockback and damage, and commonly reach far out.

STRENGTH: 5- Sauron is one of the strongest characters in the game, with immense power from his blade and mace.

SPEED: 1- Sauron wears heavy armor, wields two two handed weapons, and has a huge frame. Why CAN'T he be slow? His dash is about as fast as Ganondorf's WALK.

RANGE: 4- Sauron's melee attacks reach a pretty long range compared to most melee characters.

SIZE: 5- IF only there was a 6 rating. Yes, Sauron is about as big as four Pikachu's piled on each other. He's a walking combo dummy. However, his size also warrant him for not being able to be grabbed.

WEIGHT: 5- Sauron is probably the heaviest character in Brawl. It'd take about three seconds to SD from falling at the Hyrule Temple Jump start point.

PRIORITY: 4- To help Sauron get from Garbage Tier, his moveset is highly prioritized, meaning that most of his moves have better priority than most movesets.

TRACTION: He's slowsauce, so naturally, he's not gonna be skidding in his tracks.

SUPER ARMOR: Yes. he has Super Armor throughout the match as long as his percentage is below 60%

Other than that, Sauron has no special abilities.

--------------
A & TILTS:

A: Sauron picks up a huge boot to the foe's face, dealing 5% damage and doing small knockback. This kick has large range for a kick, covering one and a half character distances. However, the windup is long, and the ending lag is long, as his heavy armor requires Sauron to heave back his foot to his fighting stance.

A,A: Sauron, after giving a boot to the head, swings his huge blade down on the foe vertically, dealing 9% damage and large knockback. The blade has less range than the boot and requires more time to recover than the boot.

A>: Sauron swings his spiked mace across the foe's face, ending with its mace head swinging downwards on its chain, dealing 14% damage and large knockback. However, this move is TOO SLOW to be totally abusable, and the ending lag is terrible. More of a gimp move, as his mace is able to arc over edges and onto foe's hanging on to ledges. Oh, and the move's range is CRAZY; two character distances.

A^: Sauron performs a quick headbutt dealing 7% damage. This move has long ending lag, but short starting lag. However, the move's vertical knockback is bad and the vertical range is short, but this move also has a large horizontal range, possibly more so than vertical. Best for use against aerial-dependant opponents.

AV: Sauron, while crouched, swings his blunt side of his blade across the foe's foot, smacking them away. this move is very good at doing such things, as its beginning lag is quick, but its ending lag leaves Sauron open for more damage buildup for a KO. And the range is only average range at best.
SMASHES & DASH:
Fsmash: Sauron swings his mace downward at a vertical angle, smashing the foe into utter oblivion. This move's starting lag and ending lag is nearly unacceptable, but when it hits; it'll damage 20% uncharged, and will kill at 40% when fully charged. Needless to say, this attack will DEVASTATE anything it hits.

Usmash: Sauron's helm begins to glow, as a huge column of fire shoots out of Sauron's helmet upward. This move has significant knockback and vertical range (One airborn Bowser DIRECTLY above Sauron.) and also does fire damage. But Sauron will need to regain balance after such a feat.

Dsmash: Sauron brings his two weapons together, then swings them on opposite sides, blade to the right, mace to the left. Blade does 15% damage, but has quick ending lag. Mace does 20% damage, but has significantly more ending lag. Overall, ending lag is pitiful, but this move's range is very good.

Dash A: Sauron performs a shoulder tackle into the foe, knocking them back quite a distance, but also dealing acceptable damage (12%.) However, Sauron will require his heavy head to lower, meaning high beginning lag, but has very low ending lag.

AIR GAME:

Nair: Sauron swings his mace around his body twice. Each strike knocks the foe back tremendously and does high damage (15%). However, the swings are slow, and have high beginning lags. However, this move's priority is high, so you can use it for jump-in moves.

Fair: Sauron swings his blade downwards in front of him, spiking the foe and dealing heavy damage at the cost of range and ending lag.

Bair: Sauron shoots a foot behind him at the foe, then pushes them outward with said foot. The foot is slow to come out, but the animation is barely noticeable, and the push has high ending lag.

Uair: Sauron swings his mace above his head once in a HUGE arc, boasting large horizontal range and good vertical range. However, this move has VERY low ending lag and starting lag, making this move only good for short hops. And the damage is mediocre (11%), with high knockback.

Dair: Sauron plunges his sword downwards in a similar fashion to Link, except with longer range and more power, but longer ending lag and shorter attack time (2 seconds.)

GRABS:

Grab A: Sauron, mace aside, headbutts the foe with a slow moving, but impacting, headbutt. (6%)

Fthrow: Sauron heaves the foe behind Sauron, and tosses the foe like a football by the foe's throat. This is a great throw, killing foe's at 120% with its high knockback.

Bthrow: Sauron slams the foe's whole body into the ground, then drags them across the ground and tosses them backwards.

Uthrow: Sauron slams the foe against the ground, sending him bouncing into the air, as Sauron performs an uppercut, sending the foe higher.

Dthrow: Sauron kicks the foe down and jumps on them twice. This deals massive damage (25%) but has HUGE ending lag, enough for the foe to get back up and punish him. WHY so damaging? Ever felt three tons of heavy plated armor jumping on top of you?

----------

SPECIALS:

B- Ring of Power: Sauron lifts his Ring hand up as it glows, reflecting projectiles and attacks for the two seconds its up. Any foe or projectile that hits his ring is thrown back by a fiery counter-blast, dealing twice the amount of damage the attack would've caused. Finally, this ring acts as a makeshift shield, blocking most attacks in the game, as well as beating out even GRABS. Use it as our defense; its very versatile.

B^- Mordor Rift: Sauron crosses his arms together as he is teleported eight character distances in the air in any direction. This move helps him with his god awful jumping and weight. The teleport knocks nearby foes away for damage (13%), but has high ending lag.

BV- Eye of Sauron: Sauron leans forward as the Eye of Sauron appears on top of his helmet, flashing its gaze into the foe's eyes. If any foe is caught in EoS's gaze, they are temporarily stunned. This beam has long range, twice that of Mewtwo's Disable, but its easy to see coming as Sauron leans in and the eye begins to show.

B>- Shadowing Ball: Sauron slams his fist into the ground, shooting a large, glowing dark ball at the foe's feet level. This projectile does decent damage for an uncharged projectile (11%) and knocks the foe back a modest few feet. However, the beginning lag is dreadful, as Sauron so publicly raises his fist into the air to slam it. However, this projectile also has high priority, beating even Mach Tornado!

FINAL SMASH: Dawn of Dusk- Sauron roars as he slightly hovers above the ground with his armor, weapons, and ring on fire, as he raises his hands into the air and throws them to the ground, causing the stage to shake and summons:

A GIANT METEOR STORM ZOMG. These meteors are smaller and less damaging than PK Starstorm's stars, but these things also move at a MUCH faster rate and do MUCH more knockback. These also last longer than PK Starstorms.

After about ten seconds of meteorites falling, Sauron gets up to his feet to fight again.

---------

ETC

Taunt 1: Sauron swings his sword around in the air two times, then brings it back down.

Taunt 2: Sauron clangs his two weapon hilts together and roars.

Taunt 3: Sauron whispers, "COME..."
===

Victory 1: Sauron is surrounded in a portal of fire, as it rises around Sauron, who is laughing evilly at his victory.

Victory 2: Sauron, wielding his mace, swings it around wildly as he slams it into the ground, causing the screen to shake.

Victory 3: Back to the screen, Sauron turns his head as he teleports away.

Loss: Sauron claps with clanging claps, armor cracking open.

===

Kirby Hat: Kirby gains Sauron's helmet as a body and his Ring of Power.

Entrance: Sauron, riding in on a Fell Beast, hops off of it as it flies away, and turns to the fighters.

Wiimote: A mace slamming against the ground and Sauron's screech.

Unlock: Complete 15 Minute Brawl. Or play 370 Brawls. Or get him in SSE.

ALT Costumes:
All of his costumes have his armor change to a dark version of that color.

RED, BLUE, GREEN, GOLD, PURPLE, BROWN.

===

SSE Role:

Sauron, ruler of all Middle Earth, decides to search for a larger domain. Before the heroes can mount an assault against Ganon and Bowser, Fell Beasts appear, one with pitch black armor...

Sauron leaps onto the Island of the Ancients, using it as a staging ground for a complete take over of the world. However, Captain Falcon does not approve of this, so you fight a pissed off Sauron using Falcon and win, with Sauron retreating deeper into the forest.

After learning there are bombs there, Sauron flees on a Fell Beast to the nearby mountains, only to see them scaled and a huge Subspace Ball in sky...

With a contingent of troops, Sauron marches boldly into this realm, to find trophies of the other fighters. However, he only collected them to enslave them. Before he could assume no further resistance, Dedede, Ness, and Luigi appear and fight an angry Sauron. After he is defeated, he flees, yet again, to another place, promising them he'll be back.

After you beat SSE, look for Sauron in Castle; a secret door will be there; go through it and fight Sauron on the Bridge of Eldin.
----------
CODEC:

Snake: Campbell, this guy is giving off this violent vibe; it's pretty unnerving.

Campbell: That's Sauron, an old evil Lord of old; his strikes were said to topple buildings with one blow and that he forged a great ring of power to rule over all of his realm.
Campbell: However, Sauron soon found himself matched by a young swordsman named Isildur, and was killed. However, due to his greed, the ring was also lost for what seemed forever...
Snake: You're telling me that HE has a ring that can destroy things in a single shot?
Campbell: Snake! Don't let greed overtake you! It's what killed Isildur remember?
Snake: Hmm... your right...
Gollum: MY PRECIOUSSSSSS... GIVES IT TO GOLLUM!
Snake: I'm not gonna bother asking...
----------
SERIES SPECIFICS:

Victory Music:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kts_l6f87HU&feature=related :06-:16.

Symbol: A picture of the One Ring.

Stages: Minas Tirith

Quite beautiful...

You fight on the top level, with The White Tree in the background, and soldiers/peasants walking around at the level, patrolling the cities and rabbling with the townsfolk. This stage is basic; a grounded platform with pits on the ends, and two floating platforms hovering over the main stage.

However, there is also a time change; day, which was described, is a regular battlefield. In the NIGHT...

War strikes the city! Suddenly, you've got soldiers scrambling on top of the roof, aiming for orcs and other baddies, as Gandalf barks directions at the scared soldiers. NOW we've got a stage gimmick; occasionally, catapults of the enemy hurl HUGE fireballs at the Keep. Some aim a bit too high and fly in your general direction, dealing huge damage and causing far knockback. Also, Nazguls will also fly above the fighters every now and then, and possibly even swoop down and knock a player away. However, after thirty seconds, The Army of the Dead flows over the city, not harming ANY of you, and in a flash, the city turns back to day, and the whole process repeats.

STAGE MUSIC: (Comprises Memorable Themes from the Greatest of Action Movies.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4kACbobPqQ&feature=related- 300 Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfrYkpa3770&feature=related- Ensiferum: Into Battle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsK3YQ-za2o&feature=related- Star Wars: Imperial March

Assist Trophies:

Nazgul, Servants of the Dark Lord Sauron, come to serve His Mighty will...

When summoned, Nazgul make a loud screech and draw their blades. Then they float around the stage, looking for baddies to slice up. When they see one, they rush at them with great speed and slash them thrice, the third knocking them far away. He'll continue this for twenty seconds until he disappears. Rather basic AT...
----------

HOORAY FOR ME!

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Alright, Ike is solid left me a message to check out the Nephenee Moveset on page 1 and because i'm such a nice guy, i did just that.:bee:

This is a really good moveset so far. Its obviously not completed yet, so i can't make a final judgement yet, but so far its going really well. I like it.
Thanks a lot, I think it's coming along nicely as well.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
Finished with everyone's attacks (Chuchu, Coo, Kine, Nago, Pitch, Rick) and now the FINAL SMASH on my Kirby Friends moveset!!! Its on PG. 68!!! Feedback pleez!!!

NOTE: I still have to add a few more details and stuff. I just want to know if overall it is good!

piman42

Smash Cadet
Finished with everyone's attacks (Chuchu, Coo, Kine, Nago, Pitch, Rick) and now the FINAL SMASH on my Kirby Friends moveset!!! Its on PG. 68!!! Feedback pleez!!!

NOTE: I still have to add a few more details and stuff. I just want to know if overall it is good!
I think it looks good, though I've honestly never heard of them. What game are they from?

NOTE: I know I main kirby and I think he's awesome, but I've actually only played Nightmare in Dreamland and Squeak Squad :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom