• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! They are from Kirby's Dreamland 3. And yea, I haven't played very many Kirby games either... I do a lot of research for these movesets though!

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Sorry for my recent lack of posts. I've been either busy or just to lazy to do anything. I'm going to update (finally) Tomorrow when I get home from school (Bleh).

piman42

Smash Cadet
UGH. My school doesn't start till Sept. 4. Sucks that yours already did.

Anyway feedback on Herman Li, PLZ? pg. 90 he's almost done, still got Victory/Loss poses, Kirb Hat, Codec, Victory Theme, Wiimote noise, Unlock/message, and Colors to do. (god that SOUNDS like alot.) I might skip some of this because I'm being lazy with Herman; I don't care that much if he fails, I just want sly to win.

D

Deleted member

Dang, school starts Tuesday for me. Even so, my mom is banning me from the computer in preparation, so don't expect me to post here tomorrow until around this time.

[Subliminal message]Comment on Master Betty on pg. 83[/Subliminal message]

piman42

Smash Cadet
dang, School Starts Tuesday For Me. Even So, My Mom Is Banning Me From The Computer In Preparation, So Don't Expect Me To Post Here Tomorrow Until Around This Time.

[subliminal Message]comment On Master Betty On Pg. 83[/subliminal Message]
Uuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
Thanks again!!! I think my next task will be to add Victory poses, colors and codec... Also I need to make major improvements on my Medicham moveset, I think i might just ditch Jirachi though.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Finished with everyone's attacks (Chuchu, Coo, Kine, Nago, Pitch, Rick) and now the FINAL SMASH on my Kirby Friends moveset!!! Its on PG. 68!!! Feedback pleez!!!

NOTE: I still have to add a few more details and stuff. I just want to know if overall it is good!
Yay for Pitch! Up B (Spark) is totally my favorite Pitch move ever. And the Parasol. You sir, deserve a cookie. Here:

[E-COOKIE]

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Holy bajesus, this thread gets goin' fast doesn't it! Is it like this with all the mym's??? Sheesh! Anyways..... seeing as there are some more people, check out my knuckles and grunty movesets! (link in my signature)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Ugh... Getting stuff ready for class tomorrow has been a real pain. My sincerest apologies to those expecting movesets to be evaluated tonight... I'm pretty tired, so I'll try to do double tomorrow, but I don't think I'll get anything done tonight... Again, I'm real sorry about that, to those who were waiting for it.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
I finished my Ray 01 moveset! He's very unique, if I do say so myself. Please read over it and give me some critique. It's on page 108.(That's a lot of friggin pages...)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Oagh. Why is this freaking place so popular? It's completely and totally counter-intuitive, if you ask me...

Anyway, Phoenix Wright is now totally finished (check out the doozey of a stage he comes with).

I'm thinking Simon Belmont's up next.

Props to the guy/gal who told me how to link individual posts (...Spadefox, maybe?).

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Oagh. Why is this freaking place so popular? It's completely and totally counter-intuitive, if you ask me...

Anyway, Phoenix Wright is now totally finished (check out the doozey of a stage he comes with).

I'm thinking Simon Belmont's up next.

Props to the guy/gal who told me how to link individual posts (...Spadefox, maybe?).
Why is it counter-intuitive

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Why is it counter-intuitive
Because most Move-Makers spend hours upon hours creating them (looking up pictures or music files, double-checking facts, formatting the thing to look nice, etc.), and most of them barely get any recognition, because this thread is so ridiculously popular.

I understand it's, well, pretty much inevitable and unavoidable, but it's still counter-intuitive. :ohwell:

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins

I based this moveset entirely on what he does in Mega Man 2.
Video

• Name: Metal Man
  • Series: Mega Man
    • Weight: Middleweight
    • Movement Speed: Fast
    • Fall Speed: Slow
    • Projectile: Yes
    • Reflective Ability: No
    • Absorption Ability: No
    • Wall Jump: No
    • Wall Cling: No
    • Crawl: No
    • Run in place: Yes
    • Recovery: Aweful
    • Tether: No

Neutral:

• Buzz Saw
    • A
    • Comment: Metal Man throws a buzz saw.

Dash:

• Buzz Saw
    • Trot/Run+A
    • Comment: Metal Man runs toward his opponent, throws a buzz saw.

Tilt:

• Buzz Saw
    • U-tilt
    • Comment: Metal Man tosses a buzz saw. (direction determines angle thrown)

• F-tilt
    • Damage:

• D-tilt

Smash:

• Buzz Saw
    • U-smash

• F-smash
    • Damage:

• D-smash

Aerial:

• Buzz Saw
    • N-air
    • Comment: Metal Man tosses a buzz saw in every direction.

• Arc Kick
    • U-air
    • Comment: Just playin, Metal Man tosses a buzz saw.

• Buzz Saw
    • F-air
    • Comment: Metal Man tosses a buzz saw forward.

• Buzz Saw
    • D-air
    • Comment: Metal Man tosses a buzz saw down.

• Buzz Saw
    • B-air
    • Comment:

Special:

• Buzz Saw (Chargeable)
    • B
    • Comment: Hold B to charge your buzz saws (up to 5).

• Buzz Saw
    • Up+B
    • Comment: Jump and throw three buzz saws.

• Buzz Saw
    • Forward+B
    • Comment: Metal Man jumps over opponent and throws 1 buzz saw.

• Run in Place
    • Down+B
    • Comment: Metal Man runs in place, looking like a G.

• B (with Smash Ball)

Grab:

• L/R+A

• L/R+Up
    • Comment: Metal Man lets go of opponent and throws a buzz saw.

• L/R+Forward

• L/R+Down
    • Comment: Metal Man runs in place, looking like a G.

• L/R+Forward (backwards)
    • Comment: I'm pretty sure he throws a buzz saw.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Oh my dear sweet Lord in Heaven.

That was amazing. Just for that, I'm going to go play through Megaman 2 tonight.

YOU WIN! CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE NOW COOL ON THE INTERNET

smashbot226

Smash Master
THAT WAS AWESOME. SERIOUSLY, THAT WAS 100% WIN, 100% AWESOME, AND 100% NOSTALGIA.

THAT'S 300%, BEEYOTCH.

BTW, I finished Sauron on Page. 117. Comments would be nice.

And I might be done with movesets for a while; school and all...

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Midna is a character from the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. She is a lightweight, and somewhat poor ground mobility, but comes well versed with powerful magic and almost flawless recovery. The first appearance of a character to use a consistent weapon other than a sword, it being her hair.

Pros:
-Surprisingly strong.
-Has a variety of KO options to choose from.
-Up Special teleport move has long invincibility frames during teleports.
-Can virtually avoid edge hogs.
-Very low chance of SDing if pursuing opponent off-stage.
-Safest recovery option on most tourney-legal stages.
-Great reach for most moves.
-Hair has a large disjointed hitbox.
-Tether recovery
-Small target
-Hovers on ground which doesn't set off Snake's D-Smash mine.
-Crawl is almost invincible frames and smallest target in the game since she sinks into the floor as a shadow.
-Up-Special Teleportation will always drop her in the center of the stage.
-Excellent recovery with her Up-Special guarantees stage landing unless falls through a void in the center of the stage.
-Can reflect projectiles with her down special.
-Fast faller makes her hard to juggle.

Cons:
-Up-Special teleportation puts her in a helpless state.
-Up-Special can be intercepted easy in multi-player battles or awaiting opponents.
-Very light.
-Poor Up-Smash
-Up-Special causes her to fall through voids if they're in the center of the stage resulting in a SD.
-Fairly slow on ground.
-Slow dash.
-Brief stall during up-special teleports leaves her vulnerable for a bit.

Standard Moves
Ground Attacks
Dash Attack: Headbutt- rams opponent with helmet.
Standard Attack: Handy Hair Slap- hair forms into a hand, slapping opponent and barely stunning.
Down Tilt: Shadow Uppercut- transforms into a shadow and jumps out inches in front of her from the ground sending opponent high into the air.
Up Tilt: Handy Hair Arc- Hair transforms into a hand swiping above her in an arc motion, not dealing any knockback. Great to combo with.

Smash
Smash: Psychokenisis Uppercut- leaps foreward with sparkling animation in her fists, followed up with a blast of twilight magic with her other fist above her sending opponent very high.
Down Smash: Handy Hair Stomp- Hair's hand makes a fist and slams in front of her. Reach is good and knocks opponent diagonally with great knockback.
Up Smash: Helmet Bash- Rams opponent upward. Knockback is fairly poor for a smash attack.

Aerial Attacks
Neutral Aerial: Twili Cartwheel- spins in the air in a cartwheel motion with sparkling animation and sucks people in with multiple hits.
Forward Aerial: Double Kick- launches a full-body kick with both legs in a circular motion, minimal knockback at low percentages.
Back Aerial: Twirl Handy Hair Slap- whips hair into a circle motion around her, last hitbox meteor smashes opponents.
Up Aerial: Handy Hair Slash- slices opponents with transformed hand, average knockback.
Down Aerial: Twili Stomps- double kicks with sparkle animation in her legs, spiking opponents downward.

Grabs
Down Throw: Throws opponent with handed hair on the floor directly in front of her.
Back Throw: Tosses opponent diagonally behind her, throwing a volley of magical projectiles.
Forward Throw: Throws opponent infront of her with good knockback.
Up Throw: Tosses opponents above her with very little knockback.
Pummel: Squeezes opponents with handed hair.

Specials:
Standard Special: Twili Wave- Hurls volleys of twili magic at opponent.
Forward Special: Thorny Hair Impale- High knockback hair attack that goes through opponents.
Up Special: Twili Portal Teleport- Briefly stalls in air, then breaks into particles and always teleporting to the center of the stage.
Down Special: Twili Portal Reflector- Hides behind a portal that reflects projectiles and opponents.
Final Smash: Fused Shadows- Transform into twilight creature and attacks opponents onstage for a minimal amount of time with the spear very high knockback, mostly resulting in 1-hit KO's.

Taunts:
Up: Turn into a shadow and reappear while laughing.
Side: Seem to sit in an invisible seat and lay back and yawn.
Down: Growl at opponent.

On-Screen Apperance:
Materialize from Twilight particles in a spinning state while giggling into her fighting stance.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Phoenix Wright was absolute win, the stage was especially awesome and very unique...I feel bad that I haven't done my Miles Edgeworth moveset yet...althought your Phoenix Wright one would totally blow it out of the water anyway...

I have a plan for my next moveset
sadly not Edgeworth
, that I may start on tomorrow or later...school's coming up so I'm probably going to be slowing down on the moveset posting...

EDIT: Midna's recovery seems a tad broken....maybe if you put in some detail about how long it would take to activate or take her to warp to the center...

smashbot226

Smash Master
Phoenix Wright was absolute win, the stage was especially awesome and very unique...I feel bad that I haven't done my Miles Edgeworth moveset yet...althought your Phoenix Wright one would totally blow it out of the water anyway...

I have a plan for my next moveset
sadly not Edgeworth
, that I may start on tomorrow or later...school's coming up so I'm probably going to be slowing down on the moveset posting...
Is it:

Coffee MUST be his Final Smash. MUST.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Sauron (117)?
I really liked that moveset (especially the Captain Falcon vs. Sauron SSE role). You did a very nice job balancing out the fact that his attacks and movement speed are very slow with the fact that his moves are pretty much going to destroy you...also the 100% super armor was a unique feature, perhaps throw in a stage and an assist trophy for good measure?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Could somebody comment on Sauron (117)?
Sure.

You have created the most ridiculously cheap character (after Metal Man, that is) in the history of MYM 3. Congratu-f*cking-lations! :bee:

Seriously. As suiting as his Super Armor is, that's just totally, 100% broken. The only way I could see it not being so is if he couldn't run, and had to walk really, really slowly. Like, at the speed a character moves if you just barely tilt the control stick. And he only has one jump.

Everything else about him is pretty stellar...though a generic teleport for a recovery doesn't seem very fitting to me, and the Ring should do something besides reflect stuff--it's like, the source of Sauron's evil, dark power.

Really, really liked the Dawn of Dusk as his FS though. That's pretty freaking awesome, even if it is overpowered.

EDIT - Oh, der. Thanks for the supportive commentary there, MarthTrinity. I'm not going to do any other Ace Attorney fighters, as I've used almost all of them already via Courtroom No.1, but anyone else is free to do any of them.

Also: HA HA YOU'RE GOING BACK TO SCHOOL

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yes, that was me, Sir.

Mokka is finished (Except the extra parts), by the way. Next up will be Lassi (ugh), and of course I'm asking for feedback for the first two parts~

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
EDIT - Oh, der. Thanks for the supportive commentary there, MarthTrinity. I'm not going to do any other Ace Attorney fighters, as I've used almost all of them already via Courtroom No.1, but anyone else is free to do any of them.

I think I may drop Edgeworth as he may turn out to be a semi-clone of Phoenix...the only ideas I had going well were having his Final Smash be "GUILTY" with the judge bangs a massive gavel down on the stage three times...oh, and I was gonna have Manfred von Karma as a boss, but that's about it.

@ the also: I know, I know, it sucks =O

I'm considering doing Jimmy Hopkins from the game "Bully" but I'm not entirely sure, I have another idea I'm toying around with but it's starting to sound kind of gimmicky and mediocre...eh...

smashbot226

Smash Master
Sure.

You have created the most ridiculously cheap character (after Metal Man, that is) in the history of MYM 3. Congratu-f*cking-lations! :bee:

Seriously. As suiting as his Super Armor is, that's just totally, 100% broken. The only way I could see it not being so is if he couldn't run, and had to walk really, really slowly. Like, at the speed a character moves if you just barely tilt the control stick. And he only has one jump.

His run is now as fast as Ganon's walk. Hope that helps. But ONE JUMP? Oh hell no. He falls fast enough as it is.

Everything else about him is pretty stellar...though a generic teleport for a recovery doesn't seem very fitting to me, and the Ring should do something besides reflect stuff--it's like, the source of Sauron's evil, dark power.

Yeah, I think I'll add one more effect. But as you said, it's the source of his POWER.

Really, really liked the Dawn of Dusk as his FS though. That's pretty freaking awesome, even if it is overpowered.

Aren't ALL FS's???

WELL YOU'RE NAME IS MEXICAN.

SO HA.

--------

Joke.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Midna's recovery seems a tad broken....maybe if you put in some detail about how long it would take to activate or take her to warp to the center...
Not too sure, I was assuming since she was sent flying, she would be KO'ed anyways, in a case like Ike uses his F-Smash on her and she would be rocketing off at 50%, because there is an initial stall that takes place before she breaks into particles. Although, if mentioning that the warp hole would be placed about the same place it appears in Bridge of Eldin stage-- so that would give the opponent enough time to intercept so it won't seem that broken. Not too sure though, I got to play on there again to see exactly how high it is.

But I was thinking she needs some way to stay alive since she isn't capable of multiple jumps like Jigglypuff and Kirby. And using a set portal would seem like something new, and seem exactly like how it should be used like it's original game, since usable portals don't appear to be placed wherever they want.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Midna's Up-B is broken; it could be a Tether Recovery that can pass through foes and go STRAIGHT for edges.

And I took your suggestions in consideration for Sauron and have added more stuff; Assist Trophy and Stage!

And now he's slow as sh*t, Mendez.

EDIT: Uh-oh, forgot a codec.

EDit EDIT: Added it.

CHECK OUT SAURON (117) Y'ALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom