• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
WELL YOU'RE NAME IS MEXICAN.

SO HA.

--------

Joke.
WHAT THE F*CK MAN!? Jesus you don't have to be such a gigantic d*ck about my freakin' name, I mean christ, sure mi padre saltó la cerca, pero nací técnico en Tejas, así que no veo cómo--

...Oh wait, that was an el joke-o. Phew. For a second there I almost thought you were like, making fun of me or something. :ohwell:

No hard feelings then, man. You are so totally not a gigantic d*ck.

ANYWAY

FSs are more powerful than normal moves, but in your description of Dawn of Dusk, you say the comets are faster and more numerous than PK Starstorm's, and do more damage/knockback.

So you've basically said it's a better version of an already great FS.

It's not broken, I don't think, but it is better than almost every other character's...which, speaking of...how would FSs work with his Super Armor? If Critical Hit or a Light Arrow hits him at, say, 37%, does he go flying, or what?

Spadefox said:
Yes, that was me, Sir.
Well then thank you, Sir. :chuckle:

smashbot226

Smash Master
WHAT THE F*CK MAN!? Jesus you don't have to be such a gigantic d*ck about my freakin' name, I mean christ, sure mi padre saltó la cerca, pero nací técnico en Tejas, así que no veo cómo--

I also know how to SPEAK Spanish...

...Oh wait, that was an el joke-o. Phew. For a second there I almost thought you were like, making fun of me or something. :ohwell:
Oh thank God. For a minute there, I thought you were gonna report me.

No hard feelings then, man. You are so totally not a gigantic d*ck.

ANYWAY

FSs are more powerful than normal moves, but in your description of Dawn of Dusk, you say the comets are faster and more numerous than PK Starstorm's, and do more damage/knockback.

I said they do LESS damage, not MORE. Think of it as Pong- with tens of falling paddles a second- and YOURE the Pong Ball.

So you've basically said it's a better version of an already great FS.

It's not broken, I don't think, but it is better than almost every other character's...which, speaking of...how would FSs work with his Super Armor? If Critical Hit or a Light Arrow hits him at, say, 37%, does he go flying, or what?

Well then thank you, Sir. :chuckle:
Dodged a bullet thar...

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Midna's Up-B is broken; it could be a Tether Recovery that can pass through foes and go STRAIGHT for edges.
Her hair is already used for like, everything else. I was trying to get her to use her teleporting ability since that is a frequently used ability in Twilight Princess.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Nevermind (about Sauron's FS) then. My brain's broken, actually, which explains my not-rightness.

I'm taking it into the 'shop on Tuesday to get it looked at though.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Alright he's not done but im bored and want to see what other people think to far.

Sooooooo introducing........

Mario Kart Mario

oh? you thought they couldn't possibly put another version of mario into smash? well actually your wrong. Yes its true it's another mario, but this time he's driving his Kart and he packs quite a punch. But unfortunately he loses that jumping ability he's so famous for....

Stats:

Height: About 1.5 times the height of Mario, and about as long as Bowser is tall.
Weight: It’s a big kart, what do you expect. It’s a heavy-weight
Speed: Although its rather big Mario’s kart has great manuverability and gets around quickly
Power: With all his special items and powerful smashes, he’s a strong guy
Attack Speed: Limited range of motion for the driver causes a dip in attack speed. He’s a pretty slow attacker.
Fall Speed: It is medium-weight by kart standards but a heavy weight by smash standards and thus a fast fall speed.
Jump: very poor jumping and recovery, after all he is driving a car, and not a pogo stick.
Crouch: Mario ducks into the car, a very tiny difference in height
Number of Jumps: 2
Wall Jump: No
Wall Cling: no
Crawl: No
Glide: No

Pros:
-He's strong and his attacks come out relatively quickly
-He is fast for someone his size
-His specials are powerful
-his up special helps greatly with his otherwise terrible recovery

Cons:
-A huge target
-Combo of fast falling and aweful jumping ability means recovery is a huge problem.
-his crouch doesn't make him any smaller
-his specials come out slow (except side special)

Basic Movements and other stuff:

Walking and Jumping- He drives around the stage sorta like wario on his bike. Except you don’t fall off when you take hard turns. Jumping is rather difficult for someone in a car but somehow mario manages to do it. But unfortunately Mario Kart Mario has to deal with the worst jumping ability in the game.
Dizzy- in the drivers seat Mario holds his swaying head with his eyes crossed.
Sleep- Mario rests his head on the steering wheel with Z’s appearing above his head.
Kirby Hat- Kirby wears mario’s regular hat along with a mini kart around his waist.

Entrance- Two Latiku's carrying checkered flags fly in and swing the flags back and forth. When they lift the flags Mario Kart Mario has appeared.
How to unlock- beat race to the finish with all of the mushroom kingdom characters.
Symbol- The Mushroom

Standard Attacks

Dash Attack- accelerates foward quickly and skids to a stop doing a power slide. Hits with the side of the cart. Does 8% damage.
A,A,A Combo- No real combo just moves foward a bit bumping anyone in front of him. Does 3% damage with very little knockback.
Side Tilt- Mario throws a short range fireball with medium knockback. Does 7% damage.
Down Tilt- Donut!- does a donut hitting in front of then behind him. Little knock back if hit by the front of the kart but high knockback if hit by the back of the kart. 5% damage if hit the front, 9% damage if hit the back.
Up Tilt- Mario Does a jumping uppercut from the drivers seat. Slow but fairly good damage for a tilt. 10% damage with medium knockback.
Forward Smash- Hit ‘n’ Run- MKM revs the engine and accelerates quickly about a kart’s
length in front of him then quickly putting it in reverse and returning to the starting point. High knockback and does 26% damage.
Down Smash- Hydraulics- The front end of the kart pops up then smashes down. Followed by the back end popping up and smashing down. Medium horizontal knockback that does 12% damage on each hit.
Up Smash- Popping to hood- The hood of the Kart pops open and launches anyone in front of MKM high up into the air. Only hits in front of him, and does 23% damage.

Air Moves:

Neutral Air- Barrel Roll!!- that right mario can do a barrel roll with the kart. Fortunately (or unfortunatly, however you may see it) peppy hare does not make an appearence. Any ways the move itself isn't all that powerful. Does a max of 8% damage with zero knockback.
Forward Air- Mario still does his mid air punch, but with the added momentum of the Kart it does more damage with more knockback, the down side is it takes a lot of time. 10% with high Knockkback.
Back Air- Spins the back wheels of the kart. A multi-hit move with the last hit doing a little bit of knockback. Does between 3% and 12% damage.
Down Air- spins all four wheels at the same time. Has the same effect as yoshi's down air (except its weaker). does between 4% and 15% damage.
Up Air- does a flip mid-air. If the foe is hit by the back of the kart on the back end of the flip they are spiked (yes spiked, not meteor smashed) downward. But it is incredibly slow. Does 9% damage.

Grabs and throws:

Since Mario Can't really grab any one very well from the drivers seat he has intalled a grappling claw that come out of the trunk of the kart. Mario can also use the grapple claw as a tether recovery (and even without using it as a recovery, he uses it to grab the ledge).

Grab Attack- The claw grabs the foe and beats them against the hood of the car. does 4% damage per hit.
Up Throw- The grapple claw brings the foe to mario who tosses the foe straight up into the air and fires 4 fireballs at them. the throw does 4% damage and each fire ball does 3%.
Forward Throw- tosses the foe in front of the car then runs over them. does 12% damage with minimal knockback.
Back Throw- toss the foe on the trunk and pops the trunk open. It launches the foe diaganally upward and backward at a high speed. But it only does 10% damage.
Down Throw- the claw places the foe on the ground. Mario then does a wheelie and pounds on the foe (who is still laying on the ground). Does 11% damage with medium-horizontal only-knockback.

Special Moves

Neutral Special: Shell Throw- MKM tosses a green shell infront of him, which then becomes exactly like the green shell item (if you don't hit any one on the initial throw otherwise it disapears on contact). If you are hit by the initial throw from MKM you will take 12% damage with medium knockback, otherwise you take regular green shell item damage and knockback.

Side Special: Mushroom boost- A mushroom appears above Mario’s head and he grabs it giving himself a short speed boost blasting him forward half the distance of Final Destination. It’s a fast attack but if you use it in the air you go into the free fall animation. If you get hit by the speeding kart you take 12% damage.

Up Special: Boost Jump- A jump ramp (the ones that you often see on the mario kart race track) appears underneath MKM firing him high up into the air and a fair distance horizontally as well. This insanely good recovery is to make up for his outstandingly sub-par jumping ability and terribly fast falling speed. If hit by the falling jump you take 10% damage, and if hit by the flying Kart you take 14% damage. Also if anyone (teamate or foe) lands on top of the jump ramp they get rocketed the same way MKM does.

Down Special: 3 Shell Barrier- 3 green shells circle MKM for an instant blocking any incoming attack and causing some damage to anyone that comes in contact with MKM while he is doing this move. Does 8% damage to anyone who comes in contact with the shells.

Final Smash:Blue Shell-That’s right the dreaded blue shell from Mario Kart fame makes it’s debut in Super Smash brothers as the Final Smash of Mario Kart Mario. If MKM gets the smash ball and activates it Mario takes the blue shell out from inside his kart somewhere a tosses it above him. The shell then targets whoever is in frst place (other then MKM that is) and goes straight for them through platforms and everything. Once it connects, it does 25% damage to the player in firstplace (along medium knockback) and does 10% damage to anyone else withing a circle half the diameter of luigi’s negative zone.

Ledge Attacks:

Get Up (Under/Over 100%)-

Under- quickly retracts the claw causing MKM to pop up onto the stage
Over- slowly retracts the claw and drags himself back onto the stage

Attack (Under/Over 100%)-

Under- Quickly flips the car onto the stage slamming it down onto anyone in the way. does 5% damage.
Over- slowly clambers up the ledge and whips the car around. Does 4% damage.

Rising Attack- The karts wheels spin out causing dust to fly and get into the foe's eyes. Causes 4% damage.

Taunts and Dodges:

Up Taunt- Pulls back and does a wheelie
Side Taunt- Turns and waves at the camera
Down Taunt- Revs the engine of the Kart causing flames to come out of the exaust pipe
Forward Roll- Quickly accelerates and skids to a stop while turning around to face the foe.
Backward Roll- Peels out in reverse a short distance.
Spot Dodge- Hops up onto either the right two or the left two wheels depending on which way you are facing.
Air Dodge- Does a barrel roll in midair.

Win/Loss Poses:

Win Pose 1- Mario (outside of the kart) Is holding up a random trophy (the mushroom, flower or star cup trophy) and showing it off to the non-visible audience.
Win Pose 2- Mario peels in from of screen then stands up in his seat and gives a thumbs up to the camera.
Win Pose 3- Does a back flip off the hood of the kart and says to the camera “I’ma the Winner!!”
Victory Music- Mario Kart 64 Mario Circuit music: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=1XcfWVKXrAA
Lose Pose- Mario pounds on the wheel of the kart with his fists as the hood of the kart is smoking.

Alternate Costumes
-Red Kart
-Blue Kart
-Green Kart
-Black Kart
-White Kart

Home Stage

Mushroom Cup:
You ride a latiku cloud watching mario kart racers take part in the maushroom cup from mario kart wii. You stop off at various points in each track and finish on the winners podium in front of peaches castle. When you are on latiku's cloud you just have a simple platform like final destination to stand on. But when you stop off on the various tracks you have to deal with the racers speeding by (just like in the F-Zero tracks) but you also have to deal with the obstacles found on the tracks themselves, such as the conveyer belts and those things that crush you. Anoth example being the bouncy mushrooms and the bottomless pits on mushroom gorge. After you finish the podium portion of the stage, the Latiku cloud appears once again and drops you off at the beginning of the stage.

The tracks that appear on this stage are (in order):
-Luigi Circuit
-Moo Moo Meadows
-Mushroom Gorge
-Toad's Factory

Music on stage
-Luigi Circuit: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=jyw1aqXtuA0
-Moo Moo Meadows: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ufmdhp2X4
-Mushroom Gorge: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=1jWL9ae05Ro
-Toad's factory: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=rXMlORNOhSo

Snake Codec

Snake: Colonel what is this? I thought I already faced Mario.

Otacon: You did, but this is another version of mario. This time he is driving his Kart.

Snake: So what? is he gooing to run me over or something?

Otacon: Not only that but you have to watch out for his blue shell attack. It's a like a heat seeking missle that can hit you no matter where you are.

Snake: alright, will do.

Subspace Role:

Mario Kart Mario does not appear in the subspace. The only way to unlock him is to beat the race of the finish with all the mushroom kingdomers.

Items

Item Block

It's a carrier item that can't be picked up. You gotta hit it to break it open to recieve one or two items

Fake Item Block

It looks almost identical to the real item block except its a little different color. It you hit this thing you take 10% damage and recieve high knockback.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
@Capt. Falcon Master: Your image is stolen and therefore doesn't display...you may want to use one from a Photobucket or something.

As for the actual moveset, you have a good start going but his Neutral B seems like it may be a bit overpowered (especially since Green Shells have tremendous knockback). Perhaps if it misses it turns into the Green Shell item, and if it hits it explodes on contact like in the Mario Kart games?

I did however like the Final Smash (can't say I didn't see it coming but I was hoping it was the Blue Shell) but it seems as though it could probably do about 5-10% more and still be relatively under powered (unless of course the actual explosion does good knockback). As for the Up B, you were far more creative than I was while reading through that (I was thinking you were going to use the Feather power-up from Super Mario Kart); Overall, a very nice start, I look forward to the completed version : )

piman42

Smash Cadet
There has to be at least 128.
Why 128? why not 42? or 697?

MKM looks pretty good. Like MarthTrinity said, the FS should be stronger and I think the up B was really creative. I sure never would have thought of it.

[Subliminal Message] comment on Herman Li p.90 [/Subliminal Message]

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Why 128? why not 42? or 697?

MKM looks pretty good. Like MarthTrinity said, the FS should be stronger and I think the up B was really creative. I sure never would have thought of it.

[Subliminal Message] comment on Herman Li p.90 [/Subliminal Message]
well i thought of making the FS stonger, but it's a automatic hit, so i didn't want to make it uberbroken.

SirKibble

Smash Champion

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
@Mariokart, great idea. Good moveset too, one of my favorites so far (Mario Kart is the best). I think he's quite balanced and very unique as far as his stats and moveset.

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
A Social Group just for the MYM2 stuff? That could work. You know, it could also let people advertise MYM3 without cluttering this thread with "OMGZ, I MAYD SUM UPDATEX, CHEK ME MOVESETZ" posts. Or just plain "ME WANT FEEDBACKZ" posts.

Anyway, if there's enough support for the idea, I'll be happy to create the group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_128
I'm up for a MYM2 social group. I'm confused as to why it's mainly MYM2 though...is it just so we can focus in the Dojo or something?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered, I don't check in here enough....:ohwell:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
A Social Group just for the MYM2 stuff? That could work. You know, it could also let people advertise MYM3 without cluttering this thread with "OMGZ, I MAYD SUM UPDATEX, CHEK ME MOVESETZ" posts. Or just plain "ME WANT FEEDBACKZ" posts.

Anyway, if there's enough support for the idea, I'll be happy to create the group.
I'm sorry... :(

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'm up for a MYM2 social group. I'm confused as to why it's mainly MYM2 though...is it just so we can focus in the Dojo or something?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered, I don't check in here enough....:ohwell:
Yeah, it would be mainly to focus on the Dojo and such things as are related to MYM2. However, since I'm sure it would also end up being a place for people to seek feedback, I figure we probably might as well make it meant for that as well.

I'm sorry... :(
We're all guilty...

Ah. Ok. 42's still a cooler number.

Spadefox, how DO you link to individual posts?
I don't know. 128's pretty awesome. It was even an Event in Melee.

And I'm not Spade, but I do know. Go and click the number up at the very top-right of the post (for example, it's the #1819 on this one), and it'll give you a separate page for just that post. Copy the URL, and you can link directly to that post.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
We're all guilty...
Yeah, but I'm a victim... most of my movesets - again - drown... Regularly only Iron Thorn states her thoughts on it... But right now I'm even pretty downed, because I had to fight for two people's feedback on the Kovomaka guys. And jeez, 5 movesets to get not recognized (although only 2 of them are done yet) is pretty urgh. :/
Not to mention the others. Hardly anyone has been commented.

piman42

Smash Cadet
I don't know. 128's pretty awesome. It was even an Event in Melee.

And I'm not Spade, but I do know. Go and click the number up at the very top-right of the post (for example, it's the #1819 on this one), and it'll give you a separate page for just that post. Copy the URL, and you can link directly to that post.
Thank you! O, and 42's cooler because it is the answer to the great question of life, the universe, and everything. (lol Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy FTW.)

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I don't think you put as MUCH work into it as you could.

Take Dry Bones on the same page, for example: His moves are detailed in every aspect:

Appearance, percentage, knockback, range, lag-

He nearly has it all.

And what do you have?

Let me use Umbreon as an example:

Your B says Payback, that it deals more damage if your percentage is higher than the foe's.

BUT WHAT'S THE ATTACK???

And your Final Smash could use clarification.
Well I fixed this gripe Wes page 1 any others?

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Hey!!! Lookit Here!!! Sirkibble!!!

ME WANTZ FEEDBACK
/endgenericpost

But really, I'd like some feedback on it since I finished.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I'm also in favor of the social group.
Prepare for it to be spammed though.
[/sarcasm]

truendymion

Smash Cadet
VECTORMAN

(BTW I created this 3d model in Maya)

Check out some 3d animations I did for Vectorman! http://vimeo.com/1537866

-------------
~ INFO ~
-------------

Vectorman is a platform game developed by BlueSky Software and published by Sega for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis. It was released on October 24 1995 in North America and on November 30, 1995 in Europe. The game is also a part of the Sega Genesis Collection for the PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable and is part of the Sonic Gems Collection for the Nintendo Gamecube. It was released on the Wii Virtual Console on February 27, 2007 in Japan and April 5, 2007 in Europe, and is scheduled for release on the North American Virtual Console later this year.
~from wikipedia

Original Vectorman Boxart

Some Images

Screw Attack Review

Speedrun Footage

-------------
~ Story ~
-------------

In the distant future the planet earth has been trashed, literally! Pollution and climate change have wrecked the planet and it is no longer suitable for human habitation, as a result the entire human race takes to the stars in a migratory voyage to find a new homeworld. However they left behind a race of mechanical orbots charged with the task of protecting and healing the planet with the hopes that human beings can someday return.
Raster, one of the high-level Orbots who monitors and administers the cleanup operation on Earth is accidentally attached to an ancient smart missile and goes insane, becoming an evil dictator and changing his name to Warhead. He declares himself supreme ruler of Earth, and begins amassing a huge army and weapons stockpile with plans to lure humans back to Earth in order to execute them. Vectorman, a lowly sludge barge pilot, lands on Earth after his last trip and finds chaos and confusion. But Vectorman is no chump, he leaps into action shooting first and asking questions never!

----------------------------------
~ Vectorman At A Glance ~
----------------------------------

Vectorman rides the line between lightweight and heavyweight, being difficult to KO and possessing attacks that are both strong and speedy. He’s got a funky style that makes him difficult to predict. It doesn’t hurt that he’s got a quick projectile attack. He’s also got a good air game, with good air mobility, funky and damaging aerial attacks that can catch opponents off guard, and a good recovery move.

Vectorman has many unique qualities:
1. He's a green robot made out of balls
2. Energy gun built into his hand
3. Rocket Booster
4. Ability to Morph into just about anything including: trains, fish, rockets, tanks, crickets, etc.
5. Cheesy quips, like when he blows someone up he says "Toasty!" or "Gone Daddy Gone!"

-----------------------
~ Pros and Cons ~
-----------------------

Pros:
>Powerful KO moves
>Good range and priority
>Disjointed Hitboxes
>Has a fast projectile that can be spammed in short bursts
>Good grab range
>Hard for weaker characters to KO Vectorman
>Strong vertical recovery

Cons:
>Slow walker/runner
>Big target
>Easy to combo
>Quite a few moves are laggy
>Stages with lips can gimp his recovery
>Not the best dodger
>Horizontal recovery isn't the best (though vertical recovery usually compensates)

-------------------
~ Properties ~
-------------------

Size: 4/5 Large (a head shorter than Ike)
Power: 4/5 Excellent (on par with Mr. Game & Watch)
Range: 4/5 Above Average (around Gannons level of reach)
Projectile Distance: 5/5 Excellent (similar to Fox)
Weight: 3.5/5 Light Heavy (a little lighter than ROB)
Walking Speed: 3/5 Average
Dash speed: 2.5/5 Below Average (bit faster than Gannon, still pretty bad)
Traction: 4/5 Good on flat ground, Bad on slopes
Drop Speed: 3/5 Average
1st Jump: 3/5 Average (about the same as mario)
2nd Jump: 2.5/5 Below Average
Air Mobility: 3/5 Average
Wall-jump: No
Wall Cling: No
Crawl: No
Glide: No
Tether: No

------------------
~ Movement ~
------------------

Walk: Casually walks forward.

Run: Looks like his classic run cycle from the original Vectorman games. A little slow, but not as slow as Gannon!

-----------------
~ A Attacks ~
-----------------

KEY:
Input: Attack Name
Damage: How much damage the attack does
KO: percentage this attack kills at, based on average character at center of Final D
KB: how much knockback/general angle of knockback
KBI: knockback increase, if any
Startup: how long it takes to reach hit state
Recovery: how long it takes to return to attack ready state
Range: general range, relative to Vectormans longest and shortest attacks.
Description:A description follows. I try to keep it as short and concise as possible, however some attacks have quite a lot of properties that need explaining. Please bear with me :D

A, A, A: Right Palm Strike, Left Palm Strike, Right Overhand Chop
Damage: 4+3+6 (13)
KO: 220%, last hit
KB: low/diagonally up
KBI: medium
Startup: fast
Recovery: fast
Range: short
Description:A quick standard combo with a bit of knock-back on the chop.

Dash A- Rhino Morph
Damage: 10%
KO: 120%
KB: medium/diagonally up
Recovery: medium
Range: medium (horn adds a bit of range)
Description:He leaps forward and morphs into a Rhino type thing with a big ‘ol horn on his forehead. Good damage and speed, tends to knock people back horizontally (setup for spike). Quite a lot of recovery on block so don't throw this out too often. Can KO at high percentages.

Side Tilt: Hook Punch
Damage: 10%
KO: 139%
KB: low/side
KBI: high
Range: medium
Description:Vectorman swings his arm in a vicious arc and twists his upper body as he punches. Looks like how the barge pilots (the brown baddies) attack in the original Vectorman game. This attack is pretty fast and has good range. Does big knock-back at higher percentages.

Up Tilt: Blue Sky Punch
Damage: 7%
KO: 181%
KB: low/up
KBI: low
Startup: medium
Description:Vectorman does an uppercut straight up into the air. It looks like his up shot in the original Vectorman games. Its good to catch your opponent early with this move as you can chain at least 3-4 in a row together w/o them di'ing out of it. Opponents have to be practically on top of you for this to connect though.
NOTE: The name of this attack is a nod to the now defunct Blue Sky Studios which developed the first two Vectorman games.

Down Tilt: Crouching Palm Strike
Damage: 6%
KO: 220%
KB: low/diagonally up
Range: short
Description:A standard crouching punch with decent range and speed but not a lot of knock-back. On its own this move is pretty useless but this attack has many IASA frames and can be cancelled with another attack, such as another dtilt. If you catch someone against a wall with this it can be nearly impossible to break out.

Ledge Attack: Kick
Damage: 8%-10%
KB: medium/side
KBI: none
Description:Does a little kick.

Get up Attack: Flailing Arms
Damage: 6%
Description:Spins his arms around like a madman.

------------------------
~ Smash Attacks ~
------------------------

Side Smash: Boot Blast [Plasma]

Damage: UC: 20%, FC: 28%
KO: UC: 100% FC: 75%
KB: high/side
Range: long
Description:Does a Sparta-kick and yells “TOASTY!” shooting blue fire from his extended foot. Has a deceptive range due to the column of fire extending from his foot. You can angle this attack slightly up or down. This is one of Vectorman’s most deadly KO moves. The plasma jet can eat some projectiles. This attack has about the same timing as G&W fsmash with slightly more startup time, it also has some IASA frames at the end which makes this attack semi-spammable.

Up Smash: Booster Backflip [Plasma]
Damage: UC: 16%-18%, FC: 21%-23%
KO: UC: 75%-80%, FC: 60%-65%
KB: med to high/up or diagonally up
Recovery: slow
Range: short in front, long up top, really short in back
Description:Flips and fires up his boosters a bit. The attack hits all around him except underneath. The booster is fired up about halfway so the range isn’t broken. Comes out fast but lags on recovery. The attack does slightly more damage when Vectorman is halfway through the flip, but this difference is negligible and the attack can still KO at moderate percentages. The plasma jet can eat projectiles. This attack actually has more knockback then the fsmash but its not nearly as fast and is very punishable on block. This attack does have a few IASA frames but it doesn't mean you can spam this attack.

Down Smash: Dancin’ Fool

Damage: UC: 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 3% (15%), FC: 2%, 3%, 2%, 3%, 2%, 3%, 6% (21%)
KO: UC: 250%, FC: 235%
KB: medium/up
Range: medium in front and back
Description:Does a quick spin with his arms flailing about. Not a KO move but good for racking up some damage. Spacing is important since this move has rather mediocre range and you are very vulnerable to aerial attack. This attack has quite a few IASA frames at the end so spamming is an option but again the range is a tad short so you have to be careful.

----------------------
~ Aerial Attacks ~
----------------------

Nair: Splits Punch

Damage: 9%-6%
KO: 180%
KB: low/side
Description:Looks like his aerial downward corner shot in the original Vectorman games. Vectorman sticks both legs out and one of his arms out in front of him. This attack is fast, decent range, not much knock-back which makes it a great candidate for Wall of Pain tactics. This move has a pretty big hit box that covers the area in front and below Vectorman, it’s also a sex kick that does damage for the duration of his kick pose.

Fair: Double Chop
Damage: 15%
KO: 110%
KB: high/side or down
Description:Flips forward, swinging both arms in an arc that hits everywhere around him except behind. This attack does a lot of damage and knock-back but its a bit slow. KO move.

Bair: Blind Kick [Plasma]
Damage: 11%
KO: 140%
Range: medium at start, short after that
Description:Quick kick to the rear with a little booster action, decent range and knock-back. A potential KO move at high percentages if you connect with the first few frames of the attack. A bit too slow for WoP tactics on faster characters.

Dair: Drill Morph

Damage: sweetspot: 11%, normal: 3%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 2% (13%), ground hit: 5%
KO: 180%
KB: medium to high/down or diagonally down
Description:Floats for a second while morphing into the drill then falls down. The first hit SPIKES airborne opponents if the tip of the drill hits. After that it hits multiple times without much knock-back. The drill has a disjointed hitbox, so if you attack the drill bit it usually wont interrupt the attack (unless you have a long disjointed sword like Ike). Comes out pretty fast and will do one extra hit if it falls to the ground (this may throw off shield-grabbers). As with any meteor smash trying to setup a spike with this move is pretty difficult and takes good timing.

Uair: Rocket Morph [Plasma]

Damage: 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 10% (20%)
KO: 140%
KB: medium to high/variable
Range: medium at start, long at the end
Description:Spins around flailing his limbs as he morphs, then turns into a rocket and blasts upwards a little bit, approx. 1 body length up. It hits multiple times as he’s morphing, then the rocket comes out and hits once for some considerable knock-back. The last hit of the rocket can easily KO at the top of low ceiling stages. Also can be used to stall downward momentum.

------------------------
~ Special Attacks ~
------------------------

Neutral B: M-Ball Shot [Plasma]

Damage: 3%
KB: low (about as much as a jab)
Range: very long
Description:Tap B rapidly for a fast shot. This works differently than most projectiles. It comes out fast and has medium recovery but it can be cancelled into itself due to IASA frames at the end. If you have fast thumbs you can make the shots come out as fast as Fox's blaster. However unless you are some kind of machine you'll probably only be able to squeeze out 4 or 5 shots in a quick burst. If you use this move in the air it will auto cancel when you land, allowing some combo possibilities.

Side B: Buggy Morph

Damage: 10%-15%
KO: fullspeed: 190%, 3/4 speed: 215%
Description:Vectorman transforms into a speedy buggy. The Buggy Morph has a disjointed hitbox on the wheels when moving, the hurtbox being on the frame of the vehicle. This means the buggy is only vulnerable on top and underneath when moving. When the buggy isn't moving there are no hitboxes on the wheels and he is completely vulnerable to attack. It has some decent knock-back which could be used to setup edgeguarding. Vectorman is especially vulnerable when slowing down or turning but there is very little lag when morphing back to normal. When performed in the air it has some initial forward momentum which can aid in horizontal recovery. However you cannot grab ledges while in this state, you'll have to cancel the animation to grab ledges.

Up B: Booster Jump [Plasma]

Damage: sweetspot: 20%-29%, normal: 10%
KO: sweetspot: 100%
KB: sweetspot: high/down, normal: low/variable
KBI: sweetspot: high, normal: low
Range: long (only for the first few franges)
Description:This move has huge vertical recovery, about as much as Sonics or G&W’s recovery moves. If the fire column touches an enemy at the very first 2 frames of this attack its almost guaranteed to instantly spike, however the edge of the fire column does less damage and less knock-back. Vectorman has a few frames of invincibility at the beginning of the animation and he can sweetspot ledges. The trajectory is normally straight up but di left or right immediately after initiating this move and you'll go more in that direction. Vectorman can follow this with any attack, even B moves (not another up B of course)! However he is very vulnerable at the end of this animation and if he hits a ceiling he'll bounce down almost immediately. Be careful when trying to sweet spot ledges on lipped stages.

Down B: Bomb Morph [Plasma]

Damage: dive hit: 3%, UC: 15%-21%, FC: 21%-27%
KO: UC: 150%-155%, FC: 115%-120%
KB: medium/up
KBI: med
Startup: slow
Description:Vectorman dives forward and when he hits the ground transforms into a timed bomb that eventually explodes leaving behind a thick cloud of smoke. Vectorman can hit people as he's falling, though he will not transform until he hits the ground. Even if you are at the very top of the stage you cannot morph until you touch the ground. You can cancel the attack while you are diving by pressing B again. The longer you hold B the more damage. Release B to detonate at any time or wait for the fuse to run out after 10 seconds for maximum damage. The closer your opponent is to the epicenter of the explosion, the more damage inflicted. While Vectorman is in bomb mode he can clumsily roll around and due to his reduced size he can avoid certain attacks that would normally hit him. Vectorman has a few frames of invincibility when he explodes and then he morphs back to normal pretty quickly.

----------------------------
~ Grabs and Throws ~
----------------------------

Grab Attack: Head Butt

Damage: 2%
KB: none
Description:Does a quick head butt.

Forward Throw: Shove
Damage: 9%
KO: 275%
Description:Vectorman shoves the enemy in front of him.

Back Throw: Toss
Damage: 9%
KO: 220%
Description:Vectorman casually tosses the opponent behind him.

Down Throw: Hot Hot Heat
Damage: 12%
KO: 292%
KB: medium/diagonally down
Description:Vectorman holds the opponent down and then cooks them with his boot blast. This is his most damaging throw.

Up Throw: Helicopter
Damage: 8%-11%
KO: 240%
KB: high/diagonally up
Description:Throws opponent straight up and then morphs into a helicopter. Your opponent lands on the spinning helicopter blades and gets slice and diced.

---------------------
~ Final Smash ~
---------------------

Final Smash: Callacab
Damage: 20%-30%
KO: 100%
KB: high/diagonally up
Description:Vectorman turns into a small pixilated arrow that can pass through any obstacles. Any one he touches will get hit! Lasts about 13 seconds. A bit difficult to control as the arrow has slow acceleration and tends to retain momentum making it difficult to make quick course corrections. You'll have to anticipate where your opponent will be ahead of time and intercept them. Its easier to control if you gently tilt the thumbstick as opposed to tapping in the direction you want to go.
NOTE: This move is based on a cheat code from the original Vectorman game that allows you to turn into an invincible little arrow that can pass through walls and insta kills anything it touches. The input on the Sega Genesis controller was to pause the game and press C, A, left, left, A, C, A, B.

---------------------
~ Other Moves ~
---------------------

Forward Roll:
Description:Leaps forward, doing a 540 spin in the air. Decent speed, doesn't cover that much ground though.

Back Roll:
Description:Flips backwards and clumsily lands on his feet. Decent speed, doesn't cover that much ground though.

Spot Dodge:
Description:Leans back and puts his hands behind his h.

Shield:
Description:Brings arms up to cover face.

Up Taunt:
Description:Throws up peace signs with both hands but then his torso sags down. Embarassed Vectorman lowers his hands and lifts his midsection back up. This animation is identical to the original Vectorman games.

Side Taunt:

Description:A reclining chair appears. Vectorman plops down and has a drink.

Down Taunt:
Description:Vectorman does a little dance and says “Come on!” This looks like the animation on the extra life counter with the little dancing Vectorman icons.

-----------------------
~ Miscellaneous ~
-----------------------

Logo: The classic Vectorman logo, a V with a ball behind it.

Stage Entrance: Falls from the sky and lands on his feet, ready for action. This is an homage to his entrance in the first level of Vectorman.

Kirby Hat: Kirby transforms into a little green robot with floating boots and hands. He gains Vectorman's M-Ball shot.

Alternates Colors:

Default: Mean and Green with Red eyes
Alternate 1: Yellow with red eyes
Alternate 2: Orange with blue eyes
Alternate 3: Blue with magenta eyes
Alternate 4: Black with white eyes
Alternate 5: Pink with red eyes

Wii Mote sound: Vectorman shouts "C'mon!"

End-battle poses:

Win Pose 1: Throws up peace signs
Win Pose 2: Does a hokey victory dance
Win Pose 3: Starts spinning around wildly, then falls to pieces. This is an homage to Vectormans death animation from the original game.

Victory Theme: Classic level complete theme from original Vectorman game.

Snake Codec:
Snake: "Hm, there's a green robot here, and it looks like he's made out of floating balls!"
Otacon: "Snake that's Vectorman the sludge barge pilot! He's an orbot, short for orbital robot. Orbots like Vectorman are designed to protect and restore the planet."
Snake: "He doesn't look serious. Am I supposed to be afraid of some robotic tree hugger?"
Otacon: "Don't underestimate him Snake! He's equipped with plasma guns in his palms. He also has the ability to morph into different objects like bombs and Jets and Rhinos. On top of that he has booster rockets built in to aid him in recovering. He may be a tree hugger, but he is no pacifist!"
Otacon: "A warrior with a cause. I can respect that."

-------------
~ Stage ~
-------------

Port: This is the first stage from the first Vectorman game. A walk off stage with a platform on top.

Remastered Music:
Main Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niVS7F8x-vc
Minus 32: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otFNn_PTve4&feature=related
Nocturnicular: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn3pOtLCs5M&feature=related

Original 16 bit music:
Port: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue8vu387zC4&feature=related

-----------------------
~ General Tactics ~
-----------------------

Approaching:

Vectorman has a few options when on he's on the offensive.

-Short Hopped M-Ball: Fire a quick burst. If you land close enough to your enemy you can try an utilt, ftilt, dtilt or short hop dair. This is risky because you can easily be shield grabbed if your too close.

-Ftilt: This attack has deceptive range and its pretty fast. Simply walk forward and throw out one of these when you're close enough.

-Nair: This is a solid move with good priority, speed, and range and nearly zero lag on landing. This auto-cancels on landing so you can follow up with ftilt, dtilt, or utilt. This is risky because you can easily be shield grabbed if your too close. Wall of Pain is possible with this attack so you can also try short hopping and weaving in and out of range. When you create an opening follow up with more Nairs or maybe Dair or Uair or even a Fair for the KO.

-Side B: If you throw this out sparingly you may catch people off guard. This is also a good way to approach when you are off the stage. Because this attack tends to send opponents flying straight back at higher percentages this may be a useful setup for meteor smashing.

-Down B: Seeing a tiny high explosive bomb rolling your way can have a petrifying effect on you opponent. If your opponent throws up his shield simply wait. If your opponent dodges he's still not safe. If you can anticipate where he's going you can be there in time to blow up in his face. Vectorman is so small when he's in this morph he can avoid most attacks, some people will panic and whiff an attack leaving them open to a big explosion in there face! The possibilities are limitless! Just make sure you don't throw this out when you are high up in the air because you'll be defenseless until you hit the ground, unless you cancel the animation to fake out your opponent.

Killing:

-Fsmash: When this attack is fresh it can kill at a pretty low percentage. This attack comes out pretty faster and has little ending lag due to IASA frames. You'll probably kill a lot with this move.

-Usmash: This can kill at even lower percentages then the fsmash but it leaves you very vulnerable to counter attack. This attack becomes very useful when you employ Hyphen Smash and/or Smash Boosting techniques.

-Fair: This is your strongest aerial move but it is quite slow. However it is possible to do a zero lag fair if you shorthop and quickly press C-stick forward.

-Dair: This is only useful as a killing move if you can spike you opponent. Setting up the spike takes some practice of course but once the technique is mastered you'll be able to kill your opponents at very low percentages!

-Uair: If you can hit your opponent with this at the top of the stage it can kill at much lower percentages. Otherwise its not a useful kill move.

-Down B: When fully charged this attack is very formidable.

-Ftilt: This attack tends to knock people straight back and at higher percentages it can knock them back quite far from the stage. Against opponents with poor vertical recovery this is devastating (im looking at you Ike)

Edge Guarding:

-Bair: You can't WoP with the Bair but you may get lucky and catch them with this attack. Its faster then the Fair and has almost as much knockback at higher percentages. If your opponent is hanging on the ledge, run off the ledge and bair towards the stage to get a stage spike.

-Nair: Try WoPing them before they get to the ledge. Of course Vectorman only has 3 jumps (including his up B) so he can't chase them too far off the ledge before he has to Boost Jump back. Its possible to throw out a couple Nairs them end it with a Dair for the kill.

-Dair: As you may remember if the tip of Vectormans drill bit hits your opponent at the beginning of the animation it will meteor smash. This is pretty tricky to pull of and it all depends on what angle your opponent chooses. Its easier to pull off if your opponent is on the same level or below you.

-Fsmash: A downward angled fsmash might catch your opponent if they don't sweetspot the ledge.

-Down B: The hitbox from the explosion can catch people even if they are underneath you. If you time this right you can hit an opponent if they don't sweetspot the ledge or just as their invincibility frames where off.

-Nuetral B: Take a few pot shots at your opponent as they struggle to get back. This will frustrate your foes and may cause them to make a fatal mistake. At the very least you will rack up a bit more damage.

Dodge and Counter:

Vectorman's dodge isn't so great so most of the time you are better off spot dodging.

Dsmash: This attack is very fast and safe. You can pull this off almost instantly out of a dodge and thanks to IASA frames it can be cancelled into itself. The only problem is the rather short range. Only throw this out when your enemy is close enough or you will be punished.

-Dair: A short hopped dair is pretty easy to pull off out of a dodge and can eat up shields rather quickly. You can even shorthop again and catch them with another Dair at low percentages.

Retreating:

-Side B: This move covers a lot of ground in a short period of time, much faster then running. This is perfect for putting some space between you and your opponent.

-Nair: This move is pretty versatile. It can be used for offense and defense. Due to the big hit box and good priority this move can make it difficult for you opponent to approach.

-Uair: The initial hit box of this attack covers almost the entire area around Vectorman making it difficult for an opponent to hit him. Not as useful as the Nair.

-Down B: A lot of attacks will simply fly over your head while your in your Bomb Morph so its pretty easy to roll back. However if your opponent anticipates where you are going he can simply wait for you to blow your load and then dash grab you.

Recovering:

Vectorman's recovery has a bit of a learning curve but with practice you can recover from almost any situation.

Up B: This is without a doubt your best recovery move. You can cover a ton of vertical distance and if you immediately press left or right at the beginning of this move you can get quite a bit of horizontal momentum as well. Vectorman has a few invincibility frames at the start of this animation and he can sweet spot ledges. After using this move you are free to use any move including B moves. You have to be extra careful with lipped stages however. If you are slightly off you will get gimped. Vectorman will hit his head and fall down like a sack of potatoes. But all is not lost, you can still use you side B to get out from under the lip and if you still have your second jump you can grab the ledge. This takes a lot of skill and some fast fingers!

Side B: When performed in the air this move will nearly stop downward momentum and send you in a horizontal arc. You can cover quite a lot of horizontal distance with this move in the start but it slows down drastically after a few seconds. You can use the Buggy Morph as many times as you want so simply hold down left or right and tap B to rapidly morph back and forth and get the most momentum possible.

Uair: This move stalls your downward momentum most notably at the peak of jumps. The effect diminishes when you are falling at full speed but may help you gain that extra inch.

piman42

Smash Cadet
...I'm all in favor for that social group.
sure, me too.
I'm also in favor of the social group.
Prepare for it to be spammed though.
[/sarcasm]
then I guess social group it is.
but I dunno how to make one, so someone else will have to.

EDIT: Vectorman looks a bit broken being strong, fast, hard to KO and having attacks that eat projectiles and an OHKO final smash that goes throgh walls. Try to work on that. Mabye make him slower and his FS not go through walls? idk, I've never heard of him.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
The Official Make Your Move Group

Join today and receive a free kick in the pants!

Offer expires at the apocalypse. Kick in the pants subject to availability and credit review. One-year contract required to receive free kick in the pants. See dealer for complete details. All rights reserved. Copyright KickPants Inc. Kicking pants since the dawn of pants.

truendymion

Smash Cadet
then I guess social group it is.
but I dunno how to make one, so someone else will have to.

EDIT: Vectorman looks a bit broken being strong, fast, hard to KO and having attacks that eat projectiles and an OHKO final smash that goes throgh walls. Try to work on that. Mabye make him slower and his FS not go through walls? idk, I've never heard of him.
I don't think Vectorman is broken, his smash attacks are on par with G&W in terms of speed, damage and knockback and his range isn't that great since he doesn't have a sword or anything. His forward smash is the exception because of the blast of plasma that extends the range but he doesn't move forward and he's vulnerable on block. I did mention that some of his attacks have lag in the cons section. Also he runs slow so it can be tricky to follow up attacks, OH and I was thinking his dodge should be kinda crappy but I neglected to mention that. His final smash is probably equivalent to Pikachu's except Vectormans doesn't last as long.
Yeah i'm not surprised you haven't heard of him, Vectorman has been under the radar since the late 90s.

truendymion

Smash Cadet
Unlock message: Out of his robo cube and onto the field of battle, Ray 01 has arrived for the Brawl!
Looking good! I like the idea of switching weapons, but its hard for me to visualize his attacks cuz I've never played custom robo. If it was possible to get some screen grabs of his attacks that would be helpful.

D

Deleted member

SHAPESHIFTER STRONG BAD JOINS THE BRAWL!

Stats (Out of 5):
Power: 4/5
Walking Speed: 2/5
Dash speed: 3/5
Range: 3/5
Projectile distance: 4/5
Drop speed/weight: 3/5
Size: 3/5
1st jump: 3/5
2nd Jump: 4/5
Crouch: 3/5
Traction: 3/5
Combo: 4/5
Wall jump: no
Wall cling: no
Crawling: no
Glide: no
Tether: no

A Attacks

A--Punch: Standard punch; Low knockback, short range; 3%

A Combo--Rapid Punch: Basically a rapid punch; Low knockback, short range; 3% per hit

Side A--Far Punch: Name says all; Low knockback, medium range; 4%

Up A--Telephone Hand: Strong Bad's hand turns into a telephone, which he throws upwards; Low knockback, medium range; 4%

Down A--Breakdance: Name says all; Low low knockback, short range; 5%

Smash Attacks

Side Smash--Visor Robot: Turns into the visor robot, who fires a laser; Low knockback, long range; 6%

Up Smash--Bear Holding a Shark: Turns into the Bear Holding a Shark; High knockback, medium range; 8%

Down Smash--Almost Bubs: Turns into Almost Bubs, then kicks the opponent; Medium knockback, short range; 4%

Air Attacks

Neutral Air--Homsar: Turns into Homsar, and controls his hat to fly around himself; Low knockback, short range; 5%

Foward Air--Chainsaw: Turns into a chainsaw; High knockback, medium range; 12%

Back Air--Sex kick: Name says all; Medium knockback, medium range; 4%

Up Air--The Paper: Turns into the Paper: Low knockback, long range; 3%

Down Air--Elephant Feet: Turns into Strong Sad's foot; High knockback, medium range; 9%

Situational Attacks

Dash--Wagon Full of Pancakes: Turns into a Wagon Full of Pancakes; Medium knockback, long range; 6%

Get-Up: Breakdances, then recovers; Low knockback, short range; 4%

Ledge: Climbs up, then turns into Tire, who rushes foward; Medium knockback, medium range; 4%

Grab and Throws

Grab Attack: Headbutt; 2%

Foward Throw: Turns into the Cool Car, which hits the opponent; High knockback; 12%

Back Throw: Somehow turns the opponent into The Cheat, who he kicks backwards; High knockback; 6%

Up Throw: Turns into the Paper, wraps around the opponent, carries them up, then unfolds and throw them away; Low knockback; 3%

Down Throw: Turns into the tire, who runs over the opponent; High knockback; 9%

Special Moves

B--Melonade: Turns into a bottle of Melonade, which starts shaking. One it's fully charged/shaken, it can move around the stage and you can use it any time. However, you can't jump; Medium knockback, medium range; 9% when fully charged

Side B--Cool Car: Turns into the Gremlin, also known as the Cool Car, and drives foward; High knockback, medium range; 12%

Up B--Ugly Bord: Turns into the Ugly Bord (The Cheat after inhaling helium) and floats upward for a few seconds

Down B--Whatsit: Shamefully turns into a pile of Whatsit (Crap) that reflects any projectiles coming its way.

FINAL SMASH--TROGDOR: Turns into Trogdor the Burninator. You can then control Trogdor, whos' about 1.5 times the height of Bowser, but just as slow. He blows a steady stream of fire that burninates anyone close enough. If a victim gets burninated, they take 23% damage. This attack lasts about six seconds.

Taunts:
1. Turns intoa Cold One (A bottle of beer), then says, "Oh, wait..." He then turns back into Strong Bad.
2. Turns into Eh! Steve! and says, "Eh! Steve!" He then turns back into Strong Bad.
3. Attempts to flip the players off.

Victories:
1. Strums randomly on an electric guitar.
2. Turns his foot into The Cheat, and performs a kicking motion with said foot. The Cheat/foot flies away, and Strong Bad hops after it.
3. Turns into Homestar Runner and beats himself up.

Loss: Turns his hand into a Cold One bottle, and throws it at the camera.

Entrance: Rolls onto the stage as the tire, and turns into Strong Bad.
WiiMote: HOLY CRAP!
Crowd: Shapeshifter Strong BAD!

Alt colors:
Default: See image at top of post.
Red Team: Carmen Sandiego
Blue Team: Jambi the Genie
Green Team: Cesar Romero as the Joker

Codec:
Snake: This is Snake.
Strong Bad: Huh? Why the crap is my computer talking?!
Snake: Wait, what?
Strong Bad: Sorry for not introducing myself, but should AI really? I mean, you all know who I am, right? I am called Strong Bad! I have been described as cool, awesome, hot, video games, the hottest, and real real hot. And now I have shapeshifting powers, so you you better watch out, or I'll, um....You get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom