• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nice set, although I can't believe someone did one for MAGMAR.:laugh:

However, the Codec is lacking. The Final Smash should be more unique, and he's missing two winning poses.
Sacred Fire is Ho-oh's signature move, so it shouldn't be seen on anyone else except Smeargle (because of Sketch).

After looking at Magmar, I was thinking that if that was Magmortar (Magmar's evolved form), it would be more dangerous in the power department, but its speed would be more sluggish as well.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Sacred Fire is Ho-oh's signature move, so it shouldn't be seen on anyone else except Smeargle (because of Sketch).

After looking at Magmar, I was thinking that if that was Magmortar (Magmar's evolved form), it would be more dangerous in the power department, but its speed would be more sluggish as well.
yeah i know its ho-oh's move but i couldn't think of any other powerful fire moves (plus i havent played a poke game since gold and silver).

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Cool Magmar set, especially the final smash and specials. Were you thinking of the TV show when you made this? Just wondering... with all the Cinnabar island talk.

And about the ho-oh thing, I don't think it's a big deal. But fire blast makes a star formation in case you cared.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Cool Magmar set, especially the final smash and specials. Were you thinking of the TV show when you made this? Just wondering... with all the Cinnabar island talk.

And about the ho-oh thing, I don't think it's a big deal. But fire blast makes a star formation in case you cared.
honestly i had forgotten that there was a magmar in the show that apeared on cinabar. I was just trying to think of a place for magamars home stage, and remembered that cinabar was where the fire gym was and that it had a cool mansion, and i went with it.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
This time I felt like making the moveset a bit more detailed, so without further ado:

TY THE TASMANIAN TIGER HAS JOINED THE BRAWL!

***STATS***
Power: 7/10 (good)
Weight: 6/10 (Average)
Walking Speed: 6/10 (A bit better than average)
Dash speed: 8/10 (Ty is pretty fast)
Fall Speed: 6/10 (average)
Size: A little bit taller than Mario
Jumping: 8/10 (very good)
Crouch: 5/10
Traction: 7/10 (Good)
Wall-jump: Yes
Projectile: 10/10 ( His boomerangs are strong, moves fast, good range, and return quickly)
Wall Cling: yes
Crawl: No
Glide: no
Tether: yes

***A Attacks***

A-Ty Punch: Ty puts down his 'rangs and throws a punch. 2%
AA: A second punch with his other fist. 2%
AAA-Ty Combo: Ty takes out one his his rangs and upper cuts with it. Minimal knockback. 3%

Dash attack: Tiger Leap- Ty jumps (only a little) and comes down with a flying body slam. OK knockback. Can kill around 250% depending on character. Does 12%.

Forward Tilt: 'Rang poke- Extends his both his arms to poke with the ends of his rangs. 8%.

Up Tilt: 'Rang spin- Spins a rang above his head. Multi-hit attack. Maximum of 6%. 1% per hit.

Down Tilt: Under Rang- points a rang downward. Looks like Mewtwo's Down Smash. 5%.

Forward Smash: X-Rangs- Cross his arms to make an X in front of him. He then brings his arms to his side. Good knockback, can kill around 150% fully charged. 18%

Up Smash: 'Rang Throw- Turns to the side (either facing or back turned to camera) and throws both rangs up the same distance as Lucas's Up smash. Good knockback, can kill around 200% fully charged. 21%

Down Smash: Ty Split- Does the splits like Fox. Is weaker. Ok knockback. Kills around 225%. 22%

Neutral Air: Ty Spin- Spins like Olimar's Neutral Air, allowing his boomerangs to cut. 10%

Forward Air: Ty Twist: Like Sonic's, except he doesn't get as much horizontal distance. 13%

Back Air: Ty Foot- Does a back kick. 11%

Up Air: Ty Kick-Does a kick like Lucario. 12%

Down Air: Boomerang Spike- Thrusts his boomerangs townward sweetspotting with the tip of the other handle. Excellent Spike. 20% Sweet spot. 14% regular.

***Throws***
HAS AN EXTENDED GRAB THAT CAN BE USED AS A TETHER. LASOORANG

Grab Attack: Punches

Up Throw: Like Mario's. Can't kill at good percents. 10%.

Forward Throw: Delivers a high powered kick to the midsection. Good knockback. Kills around 175%. 11%

Back Throw: Tazmanian Suplex- Grabs them in the standard suplex form but jumps a bit before he slams them. 9%

Down: Aussie Plant- Grabs the back of their head and face plants them. Minimal knockback. Can chaingrab certain characters. 11%.

***Special Attacks***

Neutral B: Bite- Ty uses his set of chompers to give a good ol' bite. Can be charged. If charged, Ty crouches down and bears his teeth. When it has been charged enough, he leaps forward and gives a big chomp. Uncharged: Decent knockback, 17%. Charged: Good knockback, 25% and kills at 180%.

Forward B: Boomerangs. Throws a boomerang. They are not like Link's boomerangs that you can miss catching them. He has one in each hand and the second one is the same as the first. You can throw the second one almost immediatly after the first, but you have to wait 2 seconds after they come back to throw one again. Each boomerang (except Kaboomerang) takes about 6 seconds to run it's distance and return. There are different types with different effects:

Boomerang- Standard boomerang. 13%. Minimal knockback. Appears 35% of the time.
Flamerang- A boomerang embedded with the power of the Fire Thundereggs. Does fire damage, 18% and excellent knockback. Kills around 190%. Appears 30% of the time.
Zappyrang- A boomerang embedded with the power of the Electric Thundereggs. Does Electric damage, 17% and good knockback. kills around 200%. Appears 20% of the time.
Chronorang- A boomerang that harnesses time powers. Does no knockback, 16%. And makes the target slow down as if under the influence of a timer. lasts longer than a timer, appears 10% of the time.
Kaboomerang- A boomerang enfused with TNT. BOTH of these rangs go out at once. Deals 30% damage, Massive knockback, kills around 100%. Appears 5% of the time.

Up B: Rafflesia Shot- Is swallowed by one of these plants
and is shot up like Sonic's Up B. The plant dies soon after Ty is launched. Works like Sonic's Up B, but Ty can grab the lefge midflight and control his trajectory better.

Down B: Doomarang- Ty throws a yellow boomerang with a skull on it. He then takes out a joystick, which corntols the doomarang. It moves faster than Snake's missle but does the same ammount of damage from any distance. Ok knockback, 15%. ( I might change this later.)

FINAL SMASH: I have two options.

Bull's Pen
Ty throws a Golden Boomerang the length of Link's Final Smash. A cinematic scene follows. The victim(s) are transported to the outback and are then carged at by Bull
. Has huge knockback and can kill at 100%.

Multirang
Ty throws a Golden Boomerang the length of Link's Final Smash. A cinematic scene follows. The victim(s) are transported to the outback and Ty appears. He then uses his multirang (which is a rang that splits into many subparts) to barrage the enemies. Massive knockback kills at 150%.

~~~Extras~~~

Logo: A boomerang

Entrance: Jumps out from a Dunnie (outhouse) explained HERE.

Kirby he gains the top part of his head.

Alt Colors:
Default-(Red Team)
Green- Gains green shorts and gloves. The short's pattern changes into flowers.
Blue- Gains blue shorts and gloves. The pattern turns into stars.
Black- Becomes grey with black stripes, black shorts and white gloves. Pattern becomes moons.

Wii Mote sound: A boomerang is thrown and he says "G'day Mate!"

Taunts:

Up: Uses a boomerang to pick his teeth.

Side: Twirls the boomerangs in front of him.

Down: Holds out a thunderegg

Victory Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ4-exdzm6Y&feature=user :10 to :15

End-battle poses:

Win Pose 1: Does a thumbs up and says,"You Ripper!"
Win Pose 2: Chomps twice and says,"That's the way we do it in the Outback, Mate!"
Win Pose 3: Juggles his boomerangs (one of each).

Loss Pose: Claps

Assist Trophy:
Be added Later

Items:

MAGNET- in the original game, magnets made Opals (their version of the Super Mario Coins) come become more attracted to Ty. In Brawl, this doohickey will let you grab items from a bigger range. They will shake and you can press A to grab them.

PIE- This item can either be edible and heal 35%or becomes a comedic projectile. Once the pie hits it's target, it deal 12% and leaves the target immobile like a deku nut (but the pie is on their face).

~~~STAGE~~~

RAINBOW CLIFFS
This scenic stage takes place in the middle of the Australian Outback. It is on a Mesa (wiki it) the length of final destination and has three platfroms made of rock like in battle field. It is a neutral stage.

~~~MUSIC~~~
Two Up (ignore the first 4 seconds)
Bonus World
Cass's Crest/Shadow the Ghost Bat(ignore the first 4 seconds)
Rex Marks the Spot (ignore the first 4 seconds)
Bridge Over the River TY (ignore the first 4 seconds)

OTHER MOVESETS BY THESUNDANCEKID
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR Pg. 42
THE DELICIOUS ONE Pg. 72
CnC GREATLY APPRECIATED

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
yo guys! I found a leaked image from Japan: An upcoming update for brawl will be coming out soon! there will be new characters you can buy for Wii Points! heres a leaked ScreenShot!

just kidding. i made this while I was bored....Servbot doing his UpTilt (according to my movset lol.)

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
UPDATES!!

Now, now... Don't wet yourselves, ladies and gentlemen. Pages 16 - 20 have been evaluated. That's all.
Yes! Uuberman is rank U!!!

This time you were much more harsh, which I like. It helps to really weed out the good entries.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Yes! Uuberman is rank U!!!

This time you were much more harsh, which I like. It helps to really weed out the good entries.
Yes, I was more picky and harsh this time. I plan to, at some point, go back and tweak the older ones, because I realized I was slapping an S on too many movesets. Wasn't following enough of my own criteria...

Agi

Smash Lord
I enjoy reading your comments on Buzzman, when you get there.... every move is throwing a buzzsaw. O_o

Despite the jokish nature of the Minor "Miner" Dragon preview I posted, It is completely legit. in fact, I have made a three page format to follow for this and any future movesets I make... and am considering posting it here. I have it on a word document if anyone wants it... :)

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Very good grading SirKibble!

And yeah, Servbots moves are just weird like that, lol. I dont think Id change them even to get an S Rank :D

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I was thinking say SSB wasn't nintendo and only a few nintendo characters make it (say 1 for each major series) how do you think the SSBB movesets we have now would do in this contest
I think there won't be many winners

peeup

Smash Lord
SirKibble, I know its alot to ask, but can you reavaluate all of the S (and maybe A) ranked characters, because you were being alot more realistic in 16-20 than 1-15, or atleast thats what it seemed like.

EDIT: Soon to come (maybe): Tassadar, Flappy Bob, Old DK, updates to Sora, Ben 10, Luxord (if Mandez isn't doing him), Abridged Yugi, and Thrall.

nakedsnake

Smash Journeyman

!!!!!!Gordon Freeman !!!!!!!!

Overview
Gordon Freeman is the silent hero from Half Life he wears a futuristic suit known as the HEV. It protects him from radiation, energy discharges, and blunt trauma. Gives out info on ammo and health and comes with a built in flashlight :)
. Physically he is faster then Samus or Snake but weighs less then both. His occupation was Theoretical Physicist at the Black Mesa Research Facility. In Smash Brothers Gordon will be played from a third person view which is unusual since his other games are played from a first person view. During fighting Gordon will say no words at all only grunts and small sound like Link. His Main Goal is to stop the Combine grasp on humanity. In his world Gordon is a famous hero.
For more info check out Dr. Gordon Freeman

Stats
Height- Medium- A bit taller than S
nake but not much
Walking speed- 7/10- His walking speed will be faster then Snake's
Jump 1 -10/10-His first jump will be higher than Snake's
Jump 2- 6/10- Will be lower than Snake,s
Power- 5.5/10- A little above average but not much
Weight- 7/10- Heavy but weighs less then Snake's or Samus
Running speed-7.5/10-Not the fast running but still faster then Snake's
Decent speed- 7/10- (He would descend at a average speed nothing special.
Ascend speed. 8/10 -
Gordon jumps up fast)
Crawl- Yes
Crouch- No
Wall Jump- yes
Wall Cling-No
Attack power- Medium
Weakness. His weakness would most likely be in the air were his move aren't so good. And against fast fighters since his attacks would have more lag then average not Ike Lag but more then usual.

Gordon Freeman he is theoretical physicist
Snake: His weapons arsenal seems to be limitless and that crowbar
Colonel: Other then the Gravity gun the Crowbar is his must iconic weapon you better watch out.
Snake: Don't worry he's only human I'll finish this guy no problem
Colonel: Just be careful I bet he has a few surprises under his sleeve
Snake:... So do I

Specials

Side Special- Grenade launcher or rocket Launcher
Gordon would shot a powerful rocket in the direction of the player it would be stronger then Samus' but with more Lag and he could not control it also for visual effects a big explosion would be made after the attack ends.
Duration-3 seconds
Damage- 15-25
Range- Long
Knockback- Far

Up B Shots A Portal Gun.
Not really a weapon in Half life but its made by the same company(Valve) so I will add it. He will basically shoot two portals very quickly. The direction could be influenced
Duration-3
Damage-0
Range-Short-Long
Knockback-0

Down B Hopper Mines- Just like Snakes mines
Gordon puts down a hopper mine just like snake but it can not be held for power when player makes contact with the mine it explodes.
Damage-15-23
Duration- 3 seconds to put it down
Range-Short
Knockback-High

Neutral B Gordan Gravity Gun
Shots a shot from his Gravity gun can be held for power
Duration- 2 seconds after release
Damage- 12-30
Range- Short to Long
Knockback- Short-Medium

Tilts
Down tilt- Crowbar stab
Gordon crotches and then hits oppenent with the crowbar using it almost like a knife
Duration-2 seconds
Damage- 5-7
range- Medium
knockback- Medium

Uptilt- Crowbar sweeper
Gordon sweeps across the air with his crow bar
Duration -2 seconds
Damage- 5-8
Range- Medium
Knockback- Medium

Side tilt- Crowbar Wam
A quick hit of the crowbar
Duration- 2.5 seconds
Damage- 5-8
Range- Medium
Knockback- Medium

Neutral A- Crowbar Melee
Gordon Hits the oppenent with the crow bar 1-3 times
Duration -2-5 seconds
Damage- 2-3 for each hit
Range- Medium
Knockback -Short/medium

Up smash- Magnum
Gordon shots this powerful gun in the air
Duration- 2 seconds after release
Damage- 10-20
Range- Medium-long
Knockback- Long

Down smash- Black Headcrabs
These crabs would crawl on the ground an attack the oppenent before running of the stage only 3 could be on it at a time and the longer it was held the stronger the would be.
Duration- 3-6 seconds after spawn
Damage- Depends
Range- Long
Knockback-Short

Side smash Submachine Gun
Gordon shots his machine gun the longer it was held the long the attack would be
Duration -2-7 seconds
Damage- 2-25
range- Medium
Knockback- Medium

Fair- Shotgun
Gordon does a quick shot of the gun
Duration-2 seconds
Damage- 5-10
Range- Short
Knockback- Medium

Bair-
Crowbar whip
Gordon would attack his back with the crowbar
Duration- 2.5 seconds
Range- Short
Damage- 6-10
Knockback- Medium

Up Air- Grenade
Gordon will hold a grenade and then throw it
Duration- 3 seconds
Range short/medium
Damage- 7-13
Knockback- Medium/long

Down Air- Gravity Gun
Gordon would shot down with the gun he will gain a slight boost
Duration - 1.5 seconds
Range- Medium
Damage -3-7
Knockback -Short

Up grab
Gordon throws oppenent up and then throws the Crowbar
Duration- 2 seconds
Damage- 10-12
Knockback- Medium

Side Grab
Gordon throws oppenent to the side and then hits them with his crossbow
Duration- 2.5 seconds
Damage - 10-12
Knockback-Medium

Downgrab
Gordon lays oppenent down and attacks them with a random gun from his arsenal. Damage is not effected by gun.
Duration 2.5 seconds
Damage 12-15
Knockback- Medium

Dash Attack
Gordon Runs And hits his oppenent with the crowbar.
Duration- 1.5 seconds
Damage 10-12
Knockback- Low-Medium

Jump
He would Jump in almost the exact way snake does maybe a few differences
First jump-high
Second jump-Medium

Taunts
He cant talk so all his taunts will be visual

Up taunt
Gordon freeman shoots a bunch of grenades in the air
Duration-3 seconds

Down taunt- A object appears out of no where and Gordon freeman picks it up and throws it off the stage with the Gravity Gun
Duration -3.5 seconds

Side Taunt-
Takes Out a machine gun and then starts shooting everywhere
Duration- 3 seconds

Shield
Gordon pulls out two crowbars and blocks off any attacks that try to hit him the crowbars will slowly decay just as a regular shield would.
Once the shield is finished the crowbar will break and dust would sprinkle on the ground Gordon's face would have a WTF look and the he would start to sway.
Ledgegrab/attack
Makes a ah sound looks like he's struggling to get to stage hits oppenent with crowbar
Damage-3-6
Knockback- Low/Medium

Stage- Futuristic floating platform
Song- Main HL2 song first song in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soXBZYyQSyE
Description- A bunch of floating robots would float around the stage and there would be a couple of orange orbs floating in tubes. It would look like Final destination only it would have sort of a v look a main stage a ramp on both sides and then a smaller platform where the ramps end. The ramp would be pretty low.
It would be a small/medium size stage with no hazards.

Others
Winning Pose 1: Gordon throws his crowbar in the air and then catches it/
Winning Pose 2. A generic yes gesture
Losing pose- Looks at the ground and fiddles with his fingers
Idle stance- Looks around
Entrance- He walks on the stage lifting something with the Gravity gun
Alternate Costumes- The Orange part on his suit would change colors
Colors- Blue, Red, White,
Yellow, Black
Kirby Hat- Kirby wears a miniature version of his suit
Unlock Message- The silent fighter Gordon freeman comes to fight.Logo- Hl2 logo
Role in Subspace Emissary- Tries to stop Tabuu from taking control over the hands. Not playable from subspace until he is unlocked from Classic mode.
Unlock- Beat Classic mode on intense with snake.

Final Smash
Okay for the final smash Gordon Freeman will Bring out the big gun the Gravity Gun Redux or Super Gravity Gun

Attack/Appearance
Gordon will take out his gravity gun all of his other weapons will fall off the stage(this won't effect the game just for visuals). Then his gravity Gun will float off the ground and turn blue. After this the player will be able to pick up people or items or anything else they want to(except the stage it self). For items once the player picked one up it would be under their control. Gordon could even shoot blast from the SGG.
Duration- 10 seconds
Damage- Depends 0- Death
Range- Very Long
Knockback-Very High

Note: This is my second one and I personally think its way better then my Metal Sonic one. :laugh:

Update: Now I think I am finally done please. If you like please comment on it.
If theirs anything missing please tell me
Thank you. :)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Very good grading SirKibble!

And yeah, Servbots moves are just weird like that, lol. I dont think Id change them even to get an S Rank :D
I'd feel the same way if I were you, he's a really unique character, it's just that some of those things were a little unusual. Really, though, it's not like these ratings are some kind of Judgment Day thing. They're just for feedback purposes, so if you like your moveset, by all means, keep it how it is.

SirKibble, I know its alot to ask, but can you reavaluate all of the S (and maybe A) ranked characters, because you were being alot more realistic in 16-20 than 1-15, or atleast thats what it seemed like.
Allow me to quote myself:

Yes, I was more picky and harsh this time. I plan to, at some point, go back and tweak the older ones, because I realized I was slapping an S on too many movesets. Wasn't following enough of my own criteria...
So...yeah. Harder than you think to try to give an appropriate rank and evaluation to every moveset. I'll get the hang of it, though.

Dang, TGW's genius was his undoing. :cry:
I know. Tragic, isn't it...

peeup

Smash Lord
Yeah, I didn't think about it, but come to think of it, it would be pretty hard to judge everything evenly. Take your time.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Yeah, I didn't think about it, but come to think of it, it would be pretty hard to judge everything evenly. Take your time.
It's hard, but not impossible. My goal for today is to redo pages 1 - 15, so hopefully I can have that done by tonight.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Just a quick note to nakedsnake: the dark color you gave to the word "Gordon" in his moveset is literally almost impossible to read against the dark gray background of the forum theme I'm (and I imagine many others, as it's the default theme) using.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I was thinking say SSB wasn't nintendo and only a few nintendo characters make it (say 1 for each major series) how do you think the SSBB movesets we have now would do in this contest
I think there won't be many winners
It feels odd quoting myself but I can't get this thought out of my head
and 1000th post where's my cake?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
where's my cake?
The cake is a lie.

Geez, where have you been?

EDIT - Oh, right, your question.

I don't think that would ever happen, but hypothetically, if it were to, most of the stuff here would actually have better chances. Sure, 'sets for minor characters in already-established franchises would basically be doomed, but Weird Al's chances would go through the roof.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Ok @ Gordon Freeman, why stick the Gravity Gun at down A? That was just wasted potential right there. It's like the most iconic weapon in the game next to his crowbar. It could've been a B and you could've actually implemented what the gravity gun does...

But it's not my moveset, I'm just wondering why you did that. I see you added it to the Final Smash so that's good. Good set overall.

nakedsnake

Smash Journeyman
Ok @ Gordon Freeman, why stick the Gravity Gun at down A? That was just wasted potential right there. It's like the most iconic weapon in the game next to his crowbar. It could've been a B and you could've actually implemented what the gravity gun does...

But it's not my moveset, I'm just wondering why you did that. I see you added it to the Final Smash so that's good. Good set overall.
I wanted his moveset to have as much variety as possible but yes your right the gravity gun should be a special I changed the Neutral special from the pistol to the Gravity Gun. Though I don't think the gravity guns lifting abilities would be very fair so that is why that is not in his move set (other then his taunt and final smash).

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
MAGIKOOPA​

WHO IS MAGIKOOPA?

Magikoopas are a fairly common enemy in the Mario series. In earlier games, they tended to show up in the Boss Castles of the area, as they were tricky foes; between their teleportation and their ranged magical attacks, they were difficult to best.

They have also had quite the role in the Paper Mario franchise, appearing in a variety of colours with different specialties and attacking you from the air and from the ground. Here, they specialized as supporters, souping each other up to make them that much more difficult to defeat.

Magikoopas are undoubtedly the most dastardly, cunning variety of Koopa. They often serve as Bowser's personal advisors, from Kamek to Kamikoopa, and can be seen as the brains to his brawn.

More information than I could ever type out here can be found here.

OVERVIEW

Height --- Short, bit bigger than Pikachu, though not quite as big as Mario. A bit wider than either of those characters, though, making him a bigger target than you'd think.
Walk --- A sort of shuffling gait that doesn't really get him anywhere quickly.
Run --- Magikoopa leans forward into a dash, his robes whipping around behind him. Not the fastest run, about the speed of the Ice Climbers.
First Jump --- A weird sort of leap - Magikoopa extends his arms up as he jumps. Sparkles appear beneath him, just as with Ness's jump. Decent range, somewhat like Ness's jump again.
Second Jump --- A short, twirly spin of a jump. A pretty small second jump, just a bit longer than Zelda's.
Power --- Magikoopa definitely packs a punch, especially in certain forms (more on that coming up). Not quite a powerhouse, but on the higher side of the spectrum.
Traction --- Good, good traction. As Magikoopa actually runs, and doesn't glide over the ground, his short, stubby feet can plant themselves and pivot and a moment's notice. No skidding.
Fall Speed --- Magikoopa is extremely floaty, what with his billowing robe and all. He falls slowly, slowly, spending a lot of time in the air.
Weight - Magikoopa is more or less of average weight; not the heaviest or the lightest. You could equate his weight with Luigi's and wouldn't be far off.

So overall, Magikoopa is a floaty, slow character who packs a punch and good aerial prowess but doesn't have much in the way of speed or weight. He's not the bulkiest of characters, but he IS wide, which, combined with the lag on some of his attacks and his long float time, makes him pretty easy to tear apart with an aerial string of attacks.

B ATTACKS

Special --- Switch Style --- A puff of smoke engulfs Magikoopa, appearing to come from nowhere! In a split second, the smoke lifts, and Magikoopa is still there, in the same pose as before, wherever he may have been - but the colour of his robes has changed. Colours shift in a set order,

Blue (the default) -> Red -> Yellow -> White -> Grey -> Green -> Blue

Given the speed of the transformation, it's easy to cycle through as many colours as you need to after knocking the foe away. There are no limitations; there's no such thing as fatigue, or anything of the sort. You can spend the whole battle in one colour, or you can change constantly. Use it in the air, on the ground, even just before being hit for a split-second dodge, though there is a bit of lag, so they will have time to hit you again. No limitations, except for the one considering his Down Special, which we'll get to shortly.

Forward Special --- Shape Bolt

Magikoopa pulls his wand back - it flashes a bit - and a strange "shape bolt" shoots forward, accompanied by a rising sound effect. It takes a second to fire, but moves quickly and goes a long distance straight forward. Upon contact, there is considerable knockback - about as much as Samus's homing missle - and about 9% damage. This makes it a very powerful, useful attack, only hampered by its slow start time.

Up Special --- Broomstick

Another puff of smoke - a broomstick has appeared out of nowhere! Little puffs of smoke shoot out the back of it with an irritating tapping sound effect. Magikoopa has total mobility and control for about 5 seconds, and can turn on a dime. This recovery can be used for horizontal, for vertical, or for anything in between.

What is its flaw, then? You'd be hard-pressed to find a more easily gimped recovery. Not only does Magikoopa have no defense as he flies around, along with no hitbox, but he can't grab the edge while on the broomstick. He has to wait for it to disappear in a puff of smoke in order to grab it, giving opponents plenty of time to spike him or smash him away. This recovery takes time to master, to be sure, but it has plenty of useful application - on small stages, it can be used quite easily to go under the stage, and recover that way.

Down Special --- Magikoopa's Spell

Now we get to the tricky part. Magikoopa raises his wand for a second or two as it glows and flashes, then, poof! Something happens. What exactly happens depends on the colour of his robes.

Blue Magikoopa --- Blue Magikoopa, which is the default Magikoopa you always start with, vanishes in a large cloud of smoke and emerges as a giant. His size goes from shorter than Mario to a bit larger than Bowser. This souped-up giant Magikoopa has slightly increased power and dameg output, all those things that usually come with increased size. This transformation is among the shortest, lasting about fifteen seconds. Use those seconds wisely to take advantage of generally improved Magikoopa - just beware! If you use it at higher percentages against a speedier foe, it's very likely that they just take advantage of you being a giant target and combo you to death.

Red Magikoopa --- The second Magikoopa has the shortest but potentially most devastating transformation - increased power. After the wand flashes and the puff of smoke shoots up, Red Magikoopa is glowing all the colours of the rainbow, just like in a Mario Kart game after you get a Star, to compare. Unlike the small boost granted by the Blue Magikoopa's transformation, this is a specialized boost. Every attack dishes out 2-3% more, and knockback is increased depending on the attack. To put it in perspective, a Forward Smash can KO Mario from the middle of Final Destination at 65% instead of 80%. This is obviously best used when you need a quick KO.

Yellow Magikoopa --- Yellow Magikoopa has a strange sort of transformation. Puff of smoke, yadda yadda, little lightning bolts are snaking their way across his robe. For about 20 seconds, whenever a foe comes into contact with him, they take damage. They hit you - they take 1%. You hit them - they take 1%. They walk into you, jump into you, or fall on you - they take 1%. All this damage can stack pretty easily, making this a potent transformation when the foe is at low damage.

White Magikoopa --- White Magikoopa has the most unique transformation, in that it isn't a transformation at all. He raises his wand, as the others do, and then it's your job to tap the B button as quickly as possible. After a five second period - no more or less - Magikoopa raises both arms and a small heart appears beside him with a number in it. That number tells you the amount of % just healed. Obviously, the more you tapped, the more you healed. The minimum is 0% and the maximum is 12%. Using this attack properly is a matter of finding the right opportunity when you won't be disturbed; if interrupted, you heal nothing.

Grey Magikoopa --- A puff of smoke, and Grey Magikoopa appears to be transparent! This high-reward transformation makes your opponent's attack miss about once in every five attacks. This can be a jab, or this can be a charged Ike Forward Smash. Any attack can potentially hit nothing but air. This has the potential to totally gimp the foe in the moment when it's most crucial, or to have no significant effect on anything. It lasts for about 15 seconds before wearing off.

Green Magikoopa --- Green Magikoopa is the flip of Red. The puff of smoke leads to the rainbow flashes again, though these don't effect your power; they effect your defense. Essentially, Green Magikoopa becomes extremely weighed down and resistant to knockback. He doesn't fall any faster - it doesn't actually effect weight - but it makes all but the strongest attacks have small knockback. Damage dealt, though, remains the same. This is great to use when you just need to survive that much longer in order to win. It lasts about twenty seconds.

Now, general things about this move. Obviously, you can't use it constantly. After the usage of such an attack wears off, Magikoopa's wand is visibly dull. After 45 seconds, the allotted time between usages, the wand is shiny and flashes occassionally. This signals that a Down Special can be used again.

This is also the aforementioned exception to switching Magikoopas. You cannot switch (use your Neutral Special) while you're under the effects of a transformation.

MOVESET

A --- Wand Jab --- Magikoopa simply pokes his wand forward. Minimal knockback, 1% damage. Very weak. This can really only be used as a set-up for tapping A.

Tap A --- Mental Shock --- Sparks start floating around the wand, trapping the foe within and racking up the damage. It's a fairly easy move to DI out of, but, trapped against a wall, for instance, the lightning can really do some damage. A tricky attack that's hard to see coming, weird hitbox, as all lightning attacks, and high priority, if nothing else.

Dash Attack --- Tangled Robe --- Magikoopa comes out of his menacing run with a not-so-menacing trip, face-planting on the ground and sliding into the foe. It's like a quicker, weaker version of Dedede's; not the most useful of attacks. Short horizontal knockback and about 6%.

Forward Tilt --- Magnetic Personality --- Magikoopa extends his wand, which glows and sparks. Opponents directly in front of you get dragged towards you during the duration of this attack. Anyone getting near him gets zapped. Another damage-racking attack that can do about 11% if every strike lands, but with almost no knockback.

Up Tilt --- Flame Geyser --- Magikoopa raises a hand, palm upwards, and a small geyser of fire shoots out of it. Range is decent, somewhat like that of Snake's Up Smash (uncharged), and the fire hits multiple times. After about two seconds, the flame vanishes into his hand. Long duration and hard to DI out of make it a good anti-air precaution, though you should be careful using it; Magikoopa is vulnerable from the sides. Variable damage.

Down Tilt --- Bolt Trip --- Magikoopa points his wand at a downwards angle and fires a shape bolt (see above). This can really only hit foes directly in front of him, and takes a bit of time to start up (not too much though). Unlike his other tilts, it has good knockback, launching the foe upwards and away, but only does about 7%.

Forward Smash --- Blazing Palm --- Magikoopa thrusts both palms, held side by side, forward, and a flame protrudes out of them. Quick to be executed, with powerful knockback, this attack can be compared to Game and Watch's Forward Smash. Rather like Game and Watch, Magikoopa holds his hands out for a second or so, and so this attack is useful against hasty foes who are liable to rush in, thinking the attack to be finished. This attack does about 20% and can KO earlier than most of Magikoopa's attacks.

Up Smash --- Overhead Swipe --- Magikoopa swings his wand from the front to the back as it trails sparkles. This attack sweetspots on the tip of the wand and the beginning of the swing, launching foes upwards with crackling lightning damage. Not the most powerful attack, doing only about 15% even sweetspotted, and otherwise causing hardly any knockback.

Down Smash --- Dark Eruption --- Magikoopa raises his arms, and a wave of dark energy (think Ganondorf's attacks) shoots out from the ground under and around him, going up almost to the tips of his arms. A powerful KO move that does about 18% and can launch foes away. Good priority, good hitbox covering most of his body. A handy attack, and useful when hyphen smashed.

Neutral Aerial --- Corkscrew Zap --- Magikoopa does a twirl in mid-air, sparks flying all around him. This attack somewhat resembles Mewtwo's Neutral Aerial from Melee. If all the sparks land, a potentially devastating attack that can do up to 22%. The final hit pushes them slightly behind Magikoopa, which can string into a Back Aerial at lower %s.

Forward Aerial --- Diving Bolt --- Magikoopa swings his wand downwards, flashing, and a Shape Bolt shoots out. This one only travels a short distance, but is more powerful, doing about 11% at full power and can actually spike if it hits an opponent from above. Hitting the opponent with the wand, however, makes it a surprisingly weak attack, so it's important to use this attack with the opponent seemingly out of range.

Back Aerial --- Koopa Kick --- In one of Magikoopa's few physical attacks, it sticks a three-clawed foot out of its robes and kicks backwards in an attack resembling DK's Back Air. It only does about 8% but has decent knockback and can have similar applications to DK's; edgeguarding without risk. An attack with fairly long duration.

Up Aerial --- Goomba Guard --- With a poof! a Goomba pops out of Magikoopa's wand, going straight up before disappearing again. If it comes into contact with someone, it bounces off of them and disappears as well. It does about 8% but has average knockback. This attack is most useful for mindgames as Goomba rises realistically, slowing to a complete aerial stop before vanishing.

Down Aerial --- Lightning Strike --- Magikoopa points his wand directly beneath him and it flashes. Suddenly, a great bolt of lightning shoots down out of it. This bolt goes at a bit of an angle rather than straight down. It differs from Pikachu's in that it only hits once before disappearing. It does about 11% but doesn't have the greatest knockback, which is horizontal; if you're looking for a spike, you'll have to stick to Diving Bolt.

Grab
--- Magikoopa waves his wand, and a small shape bolt shoots out, grabbing onto foes. Range is shorter than a true tether grab, but still pretty long.

Forward Throw --- Bolt Toss --- Magikoopa fires a small shape bolt directly into the foe, shooting him horizontally. Damage 9%.

Back Throw --- Chuck --- Magikoopa grabs the foe with both hands and tosses them over his shoulders. This has the power to KO at higher percentages. Damage 8%.

Up Throw --- Jawbreaker --- Magikoopa smashes his wand into the chin of the captured foe, shooting them up and slightly away. However, that's not all. For you see, Magikoopa's wand was charged with magic, and that causes the foe in question to pretty much explode after a short distance in a ball of lightning, knocking them horizontally. Perfect set-up to follow and start a combo of some sort.

Down Throw --- Bury in Bolts --- Magikoopa drops them under him, then shoots a barrage of shape bolts into them. Resembles the down throws of Ness or Falco. Does about 11%, but has very little knockback.

Final Smash --- Big Block --- What horrors is this evil, magical Koopa going to wreak on you? You have no time to ponder such questions - Magikoopa has just grabbed a Smash Ball! Couldn't resist. Anyway, for this attack to work, the foe has to be in front of. Magikoopa raises his wand, and a big, glowing circle appears in the air. A second later, a huge block materializes, and as he drops his wand, the block drops as well. It crumbles upon hitting the ground, but foes who were hit by it go flying. This can KO anyone at 30% or more, but only does about 35% and, of course, you have to catch them first.

Fear the block!

TAUNTS AND POSES

Up Taunt --- Magikoopa raises his wand and cackles. The wand flashes twice.

Forward Taunt --- POOF! Suddenly, this old lady is standing there:

She looks around a bit, scratches her nose, then POOF! Vanishes, and Magikoopa's standing there again. Nice random taunt.

Down Taunt --- Magikoopa raises his wand to make a smaller version of the "Big Block" appear above him, and lowers his wand only to have it drop directly on his head.

Victory Pose 1 --- Magikoopa is standing next to a Goomba, raises a glowing wand, and the Goomba disappears in a cloud of smoke. When it reappears, it's giant, glowing, and has wings. Magikoopa looks startled.

Victory Pose 2 --- Magikoopa flies in on his broomstick, cackles, and then flies into the background.

Victory Pose 3 --- Magikoopa disappears in a puff, and reappears in a rainbow-coloured robe. He looks confused and exasperated.

MISC

Entrance --- Magikoopa speedily swoops in on his broomstick, then hops off of it.

Sleeping Animation --- Magikoopa sleeps on his feet, his head bowed and his shoulders slumped.

Kirby Hat --- Kirby gains the classical witch hat that Magikoopa wears and also the small glasses, looking quite evil. He also carries around a tiny little wand. NOTE ON KIRBY: Obviously, Kirby can't steal Magikoopa's Switch Style. I kept it at B for the sake of feeling right. Instead, Kirby steals the ability to use the Shape Bolt, though it's a bit smaller and not as powerful.

Symbol --- I'm tempted to give Magikoopa the Yoshi symbol, but that's really more for Kamek. Still, we already have too many Mario characters... yeah, Magikoopa gets the Egg of the Yoshi franchise.

Victory Theme --- Magikoopa gets an excerpt from Kamella's Theme (see here) as his victory theme.

ALTERNATE COSTUMES

Now obviously, alternate colours are an issue with a character like this, who's so utterly based around changing colours. However, I think that, though it sounds confusing now, anyone who played with him for any period of time would have no trouble getting used to this colour scheme:

Magma Magikoopa --- Magikoopa's yellow skin is hot red, as is the jewel on his wand and the cuffs on his robe.

Aqua Magikoopa --- Magikoopa now has turquoise skin, a blue jewel, and blue cuffs. Functional change for the blue team.

Grassy Magikoopa --- Obvious. Green skin, looks kind of like a dinosaur, green jewel, green cuffs.

Witch Magikoopa --- This is the "dark" costume. The biggest change is the hat - it switches from the slumped wizard hat to the broad-rimmed witch hat that you can see on Kammy Koopa above. The underside of the hat and the cuffs also become pink, as on Kammy.

Yep.

SNAKE'S CODEC

Snake - Colonel, I think I'm seeing things - this guy's colour keeps changing!
Colonel - That's a Magikoopa, Snake. He can change the colour of his robe to gain different abilities. Watch out.
Snake - So why is he here?
Colonel - He serves the Koopa King, Bowser. He has many Magikoopas under his command.
Snake - Than why am I fighting him? He's just a foot soldier.
Colonel - A foot soldier? You mean he's fighting while his boss sits from somewhere comfortable and watches him?
Snake - ...Uh... yeah.
Colonel - Just making sure.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
how do you plan on having alternate colors for a character like this?
I plan on doing something like they did with Sonic - change some details instead of the primary colour. Skin colour, glasses colour, things like that. If there's a blue-skinned, a green-skinned, and a black-skinned, I doubt anyone would get too mixed up.

Anyway, more stuff coming up.

peeup

Smash Lord
@Chief Mendez: Are you actually going to make Luxord? You said you were going to about 100 pages back...

@KingKRool: I like the ideas you're getting at, but it's a little too complicated. Making alternate costumes would be very hard if you need a red/blue robe...

@Everybody: What to expect today: Updates to Sora.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@Chief Mendez: Are you actually going to make Luxord? You said you were going to about 100 pages back...
I didn't call Luxord. I think somebody else did, though.

I did, however, call King Mickey, which I'll maybe get around to sometime in the next one hundred years.

I'm just pretty busy with something else, is all.

nakedsnake

Smash Journeyman

Specials

Side- B- Mag-Net Launcher
This gun will basically stun an enemy if it connects.
Lag. Last a little longer then Jigglypuff's sleep
then stun also last loner
Damage- 3-5
Range- Very short not as short as Jigglypuff's move but still short
Knockback- None just stuns the enemy

Neural- B
Razar claws
This is a unique weapon in that it gets stronger the more you use it but if you stop using it or get hit its power goes down
Lag- Last about as long as Marth A's attacks
Damage- Normal-3-5
Orange- 10-15
Red- 25-28
Range- Medium
Knockback-Depends

Up B
Pyro Blaster
Rachet would shot this down to give him self a boast
Lag- Last longer then Fox or Falco;s up B
Damage 15- 20 more the Fox or Falco's
Boast- Less then fox or falco
Range- Medium
Knockback- Little

Down B
Nano-Swarmers
Rachet places down A turrent that shot this microscopic fighters
Lag- twice as long as snake down B
Damage- Depends
Range- Long
Knockback- Low
Last- Shots 5 bots slightly over sized from the game every 5 seconds for 30 seconds

will be updated later

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
I added colors to medicham! They're awesome! you should look at them! (There is a link in my sig!)

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Any CnC on my Ty the Tasmanian Tiger moveset? Page 137......
I liked it. I only played the 1st game, but I thought it was a good game. Great Moveset, and I would go with the Multirang for the FS. Bull's Pen is too much of a combo of Blue Falcon and Beast Ganon (It's funny, 'cause Bull looks a lot like Beat Ganon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom