• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to jump into this conversation here and say that it would be annoying to see Paper Mario on the roster. And this is because there already IS a Mario... why do this? I can't imagine his moveset being all that different besides maybe attacking somewhat like Mr. G&W. /:

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'm just going to jump into this conversation here and say that it would be annoying to see Paper Mario on the roster. And this is because there already IS a Mario... why do this? I can't imagine his moveset being all that different besides maybe attacking somewhat like Mr. G&W. /:
The post right above yours showed some pretty cool stuff.

EDIT: I was about to share some ideas about some cool third-parties to open up for criticism, but I'll do it later today instead *yawn*.

Spire

III
BRoomer
With you all the way. I've been arguing from that standpoint for a few pages now.
The post right above yours showed some pretty cool stuff.

EDIT: I was about to share some ideas about some cool third-parties to open up for criticism, but I'll do it later today instead *yawn*.
I'll join in when the time comes.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
I don't think there's anything more to say about Geno so I'm not continuing that, but I just wanted to say I don't know about some of this talk I'm hearing about Mario RPG being some obscure title that only a handful of people know about. Over the years I've seen it mentioned by people very often as one of their favorite SNES games, and not just on message boards. Even people who haven't played it often but came from the SNES-era at least tend to know what Mario RPG is.

Of course it's not...huge today, of course since it's an SNES game...came out last decade. There are a fair number of people out there that haven't known what Chrono Trigger is until stuff about this new port came out. I say Geno or anything SMRPG related will probably not be seen in one of these games, but that doesn't necessarilly mean it's an ultra obscure game. It was certainly more known than Earthbound back in the day.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
★★★★★★★★★★ - At 10 stars, movesets stand head and shoulders above the rest and accomplishe something none have before. No sets in MYM 8 or 9 have obtained this ranking.
★★★★★★★★★☆ - At 9 stars, movesets are practically guaranteed Super Votes for me. Only Nurse Joy has obtained this rank.
★★★★★★★★☆☆ - At 8 stars, movesets are typically getting into the ranks of the elite, and will fondly be remembered for MYMs to come.
★★★★★★★☆☆☆ - At 7 stars, movesets are getting dangerously close to Super Vote territory, but are left out in the cold for better sets.
★★★★★★☆☆☆☆ - At 6 stars, I -do- like the movesets, though they certainly have plenty of room for improvement or their ideas aren't -that- unique.
★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆ - At 5 stars, I no longer actually like these movesets, but they aren't -bad-. The quality gap between 6, 5, and 4 stars is among the largest on the list.
★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆ - At 4 stars and below, I specifically start DISLIKING movesets.
★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ - At 3 stars are plenty of bad movesets, but they typically have some slightly redeeming quality that prevents them from going down the list further.
★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ - At 2 stars, movesets have no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ - With only 1 star, movesets not only have nothing good about them, they're completely OOC, horrifically generic, impossible to read, and do 30% and great knockback on every move.

TUTANKOOPA

★★★★★★★★☆☆
8/10

KING BOO

★★★★★★★★☆☆
8/10

DIGLETT

★★★★★★★★☆☆
8/10

JEICE

★★★★★★★★☆☆
8/10

AIANTO

★★★★★★★☆☆☆
7/10

BIZARRO

★★★★★★★☆☆☆
7/10

BOWSER JR.

★★★★★★★☆☆☆
7/10

NECKY

★★★★★★★☆☆☆
7/10

ELECTIVIRE

★★★★★★★☆☆☆
7/10

GEAR

★★★★★★★☆☆☆
7/10

DORMAMMU

★★★★★★★☆☆☆
7/10

THE KING OF ALL COSMOS

★★★★★★★☆☆☆
7/10

EMOLGA

★★★★★★★☆☆☆
7/10

KAPTAIN K. ROOL

★★★★★★★☆☆☆
7/10

TOXICROAK

★★★★★★★☆☆☆
7/10

JALORDA

★★★★★★☆☆☆☆
6/10

PYRO JACK

★★★★★★☆☆☆☆
6/10

BLAZE THE CAT

★★★★★★☆☆☆☆
6/10

GORUUGU

★★★★★★☆☆☆☆
6/10

SHUMA GORATH

★★★★★★☆☆☆☆
6/10

NERO CHAOS

★★★★★★☆☆☆☆
6/10

SPIRITOMB

★★★★★★☆☆☆☆
6/10

GAMMA

★★★★★★☆☆☆☆
6/10

SARKHAN

★★★★★★☆☆☆☆
6/10

FANTOMEX

★★★★★★☆☆☆☆
6/10

RECOOME

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
5/10

CHAIN CHOMP

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
5/10

AIR MAN

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
5/10

M. TRINITY

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
5/10

SOTHE

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
5/10

XP TAN

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
5/10

MUK

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
5/10

HAZAMA

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
5/10

ERUFUUN

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
5/10

CASTFORM

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
5/10

FAWFUL

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
5/10

VEGETA

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
5/10

NATTOREI

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
5/10

MIROKU

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
5/10

MONA AND LISA

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
5/10

CRIMSON COWL

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
5/10

INSPECTOR GADGET

★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
5/10

YAMATO

★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆
4/10

BLAZE

★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆
4/10

GIGIASU

★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆
4/10

RITA

★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆
4/10

BAIBANIRA

★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆
4/10

SHOTZO

★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆
4/10

THE SCOUT

★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆
4/10

BLOOPER

★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆
4/10

THE JOKER

★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆
4/10

GANONDORF

★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆
4/10

ZEPHYR

★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆
4/10

ULGAMOTH

★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
3/10

THANOS

★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
3/10

BURUNGERU

★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
3/10

JACK FROST

★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
3/10

DR. STRANGE

★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
3/10

CODY

★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
3/10

CRUSTLE

★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
3/10

GELATINOUS CUBE

★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
2/10

LUVIA

★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
2/10

AURON

★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
2/10

THE MEDIC

★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
2/10

JACK THE RIPPER

★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
1/10

KEITH

★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
1/10

MISSINGNO

★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
1/10

Ah yes, I watched the video! You're right, it does show some potential for original moves. It wouldn't be the end of the world if he got in I guess, but I tend to rather want a variety of different characters than the same popular character in a different cartoon-form...

xD EMOTIONALLY SPEAKING, I don't know if I could handle 3D Bowser fighting a paper-cut-out of Mario.

"WHY ISN'T HIS FRAGILE PAPER EXTERIOR TEARING!?" I'd yell at the screen. This would go on for days and no sooner would friends and family gather around the couch to force an intervention, fail at doing so, then ship me off to be institutionalized. The infrequent visists and lack of video-gaming stimuli would then miraculously induce a coma and I'd remain in said coma until SSB5.

er, I'm joking.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
A stage based off of Super Paper Mario, where the stage switches from a flat perspective to a 3D perspective would be pretty neat too.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
While I'm not a supporter of the paper plumber, watching this video will detail all of Paper Mario's potential in his usage of the different pixls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjItCybkLj8
That's nothing. Super Paper Mario shows very little of the differences that were made evident in the original and the Thousand Year Door.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8P5VzCeJqg
Outside of battle, Paper Mario can: Turn into a boat, a plane, or a rolled up piece of paper that goes across the ground (Possible roll); Summon party members to explode, fire shells, and hide him underground.; Turn sideways, causing him to look in a 3-D perspective, which would possibly be broken in Smash; Use the hammer.:)

In battle, he can: Use the hammer.:); Heal himself using star powers; Damage enemies using a large variety of star powers; Jump on an opponent multiple times; Curl up into a screw shape so that he can swing with more power; Summon a variety of items; and summon party members who can research enemies, explode, blow fire, and do a multiple of other attacks.

Like most RPG characters, he has a lot of moves.

gantrain05

Smash Master
all i know is, that they need to bring back dr. mario, he's not a clone dammit, he's got a phd, and he just kicks more ***. i guess regular mario can stay as an alternate costume lol.

...they should make clone characters alternate costumes altogether. Even if that means a slightly different moveset. They should throw all the Links into one Link category, and all the Mario's into a Mario category. As long as the character has the same name in its title, it should be considered a costume.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
I waould want three major changes done to the next SSB if there is one:
Online play improved: Give us seperate servers for Stock/ timed matches, let us host our own with anyone rooms under our own rules

Add some characters from other franchises aka MEGAMAN!!!

Improve custom stage building options (actual game themed backgrounds?) + let us select more then one song for a custom stage.

I hope that, even if Sakurai doesn't lead development, he will oversee the development. Without him this game wouldn't be the smash we love. Let's face it.

HolyMoses

Smash Rookie
ok, here's my list of 50 in columns of 5

Super Mario Bros.
Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr *

Donkey Kong/Yoshi/WarioWare
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool*
Yoshi
Wario

The Legend of Zelda/Kid Icarus
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf*
Toon Link*
Pit

Pokemon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard)
Lucario*
Jigglypuff*
Mewtwo* or Plusle & Minun*

Metroid/F-Zero
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Dark Samus*
Sylux* or New Metroid Villain*
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow* or Samurai Goroh*

Star Fox/Sin & Punishment
Fox
Falco*
Krystal
Wolf*
Saki Amamiya*

Kirby/Mother
Kirby
Meta Knight*
King Dedede
Ness*
Lucas

Fire Emblem/Golden Sun/Pikmin
Marth*
Ike
Black Knight*
Isaac*
Captain Olimar

Sonic The Hedgehog/Metal Gear
Sonic
Knuckles*
Tails
Shadow*
Snake*

Nintendo/Other
Mr. Game & Watch*
R.O.B.*
Ray 01*
Ice Climbers
Geno* or Megaman*

maybe too many sonic characters and sin and punishment obviously wasnt a big game outside of japan but if nintendo released it i'd be very happy

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
ok, here's my list of 5x in columns of 5

Super Mario Bros.
Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr *
Toad(it can happen)

Donkey Kong/Yoshi/WarioWare
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Tiny or Dixie Kong
King K. Rool*
Yoshi
Kamek
Birdo(it could work....mabey)
Wario
Ashley
Waluigi

The Legend of Zelda/Kid Icarus
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Vaati
Ganon(N64 version)
Toon Link*
Pit

Pokemon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard)
Lucario*
Jigglypuff*
Mewtwo*and Plusle & Minun*

Metroid/F-Zero
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Dark Samus*
Sylux* and New Metroid Villain*
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow* or Samurai Goroh*
Ridley

Star Fox
Fox
Falco*
Krystal
Wolf*
Leon

Kirby/Mother
Kirby
Meta Knight*
King Dedede
Ness*
Lucas
Pokey

Fire Emblem/Golden Sun/Pikmin
Marth*
Ike
Roy
Isaac*
Captain Olimar

Sonic The Hedgehog/Metal Gear
Sonic
Knuckles*
Tails
someone else from MGS
Snake*

Nintendo/Other
Mr. Game & Watch*
R.O.B.*
Ray 01*
Ice Climbers
Lloyd and/or Cless
Geno* and Megaman*
Sora(yes, it CAN happen)
edits in orange,why stop at 50....

HolyMoses

Smash Rookie
edits in orange,why stop at 50....
well i try to keep it neat and TRY to keep it realistic... but thats just kidding myself

btw, shadow HAS to be in my list. i dont care how tryhard he is. replace tails if you want(if sonic doesnt have a kill move tails will definetly struggle for kills)

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Why would Sora get in?

The only good Kingdom Hearts was the original.
And he only appeared in a single game on the GBA.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
BARON K. ROOLENSTEIN

Baron K. Roolenstein? Who is he? Is he the long-lost third K. Rool brother? They must be triplets...

*laughs*

. . . . .

*trips Sakurai off a building*

This guy just can't keep his mouth shut, eh? Anyways, after his island was consumed by the sea, K. Rool seemingly took a break from his career of villainy, lulling the Kongs into a false sense of security. Upon his return, he kidnaps both DK and Diddy, sealing them inside the robot KAOS as a (questionable) brain source. Throughout Donkey Kong Country 3, KAOS was used as the puppet leader of the Kremlings, in order to distract the Kongs from the real threat: K. Rool's new scientific persona, Baron K. Roolenstein. Unfortunately for the crazy doctor, Kiddy Kong was sent out after his friends, and eventually sent K. Rool packing and freed the Kongs.

Amazing that a mere infant Kong could complete such an arduous task and defeat such a menacing antagonist all by himself, without -any- help whatsoever, don't you think?

STATISTICS

SIZE: 10
WEIGHT: 10
AERIAL MOVEMENT: 7
FALL SPEED: 7
TRACTION: 7
JUMPS: 1
MOVEMENT: 1

While K. Rool retains his standard values for both weight and size, his movement capabilities are altered significantly. Rather than becoming a rock-like heavyweight, K. Rool comes 'packing' his helicopter pack along with his Baron costume, putting it to use much more frequently than as a generic flight recovery. His faithful pack allows K. Rool to drift around in the air much more liberally than a regular rock-like HMA, as well as descend at a much slower pace. It is also the Baron's primary mechanism for traversing the stage, allowing him to perform his shocking (literally) experiments on opponents in his path.

ATTRIBUTES

K. Rool's helicopter pack isn't just for show, you know. The pack's propeller is constantly spinning, allowing him to glide along the ground rather than dash with his feet. Although Baron has no additional jumps, he is able to hover by holding down the jump input; he travels around in mid-air at Ganondorf's dash. By tapping down on the control stick while hovering, K. Rool flaps his gloved hands stupidly, as if trying to fly. By doing so, he defies gravity and pushes himself upward one Olimar, continuing to hover when you stop tapping the input; this allows him to essentially hover at any height he wishes to reach.

Baron's helicopter pack can hold him up for a shocking fifteen seconds before slowly lowering him back to earth; he is able to air-dodge to cancel his flight early. Characters who come into contact with K. Rool's propeller as it spins (whenever he's moving, in other words) take multiple, spaced-out light hits of 3% and a bit of stun. Although K. Rool can try to catch an opponent in his propeller and fly them to wherever he wants onstage, he may want to rethink this tactic, as if his helicopter pack takes any damage whatsoever (even the lightest hit of 1%, not counting flying high above the stage in a magnifying glass), he falls to the ground in a helpless state he can't cancel. This doesn't just spoil Baron's gimping game...the mad doctor will have to watch his step while using his basic damage-dealing tactics as well, lest he find himself in a world of shock (pain, too).

SPECIALS

NEUTRAL SPECIAL - ELECTRIC PODS
Baron takes a Soccer Ball-sized metal sphere out of his coat and places it on the ground in front of him, with .55 second startup lag. Immediately after being placed, he presses his remote control, causing a second pod emerges from the first (which seemingly overlapped it at first) and travels in the direction chosen during the startup period, at Ganondorf's dash speed. K. Rool cannot move during this time, although he can press B to stop the moving pod at any time (he could potentially extend his pod all the way until the blast zone, where it stops automatically, but if he gets attacked, the pod stops where it is). After the pod has stopped, a beam of electricity as thick as Bullet Seed's stream appears between the pods instantly, just like in K. Rool's final battle in DKC3.

Opponents who come into contact with the electricity take 6% and knockback in the opposite direction that can KO Mario at 145%. If a character fires a projectile at a barrier, however, it will be defused instantly. Although Baron has quite a few methods for building damage with his pods, he is not immune to their effects. Opponents can take advantage of the electricity to rack damage on K. Rool's massive behind even more rapidly. K. Rool will have to be careful where he places his pods, in order to prevent an untimely failure. Should opponents choose not to capitalize on the pods, they can stand on top of a pod, and grab and throw it, interrupting the electricity and causing them to vanish. If K. Rool initiates the move in the air, the pods use propellers to stay airborne, with the first pod hovering in place as the second one extends in K. Rool's chosen direction. K. Rool himself can remove a set of pods from the stage by tapping B once they're in place. Pressing the input afterward restarts the pod set-up, allowing K. Rool to place his pods in a new strategic position.

SIDE SPECIAL - SKELETON ZAPPER
Baron takes his remote control and presses it, shooting a jagged bolt of electricity the size of a horizontal Mario forward, with 1.5 times the lag of Wolf's Blaster (although K. Rool can tap the input to fire multiple bolts slightly more rapidly). The bolt travels half of Battlefield in the direction chosen during the startup lag at Mario's dash speed before vanishing. If a character gets zapped, they take 10% initially, while their skeleton flashes through their skin (just like in the original SSB), but suffer no immediate knockback. However, depending on how close the character was to K. Rool when they were hit, they are dealt one, two, or three unavoidable "aftershocks", each spaced five seconds apart; each shock deals 5% and a second of stun to opponents. If the character was hit at the end of the bolt's path, they suffer from just one aftershock, while if they were directly in front of K. Rool, they take the full three shocks. If hit, opponents had better use the breaks between shocks to flee from Baron, who will undoubtedly be attempting to take advantage of the shocks when they do occur.

DOWN SPECIAL - STEEL KEG
Baron extracts a Kirby-sized steel keg from his helicopter pack and rolls it forward along the ground, with the lag of throwing a Waddle Dee. A keg will roll until it falls off the side of the stage or screen, not permitting K. Rool to summon a second keg until the first is gone. Opponents who come in contact with the keg take no damage, but are scooped up by it, as it rolls under their feet, forcing them to "log roll" upon it as it travels forward. Characters who meet this fate must jump off the keg to escape it, lest they ride it right off the stage, although if K. Rool is smart, they may just jump up into electricity from his pods; alternatively, if they are a high jumper, they may allow K. Rool to stretch pods below them, potentially zapping them upon their return to earth. Because kegs travel at Captain Falcon's dash speed, K. Rool can also use kegs to roll opponents out of his face.

However, victims are not helpless against steel kegs; they can attack the keg to roll it back at the Baron, causing him to roll upon it himself if it hits. They can also attack a keg into a vertical electric barrier, causing it to become coated in electricity. This transforms the rolling hitbox into one similar to Ness while under the influence of PK Thunder, blasting opponents back with incredible force and dealing 25%. Like the normal keg, the electric keg does not discriminate when damaging characters. Unfortunately for them, though, opponents aren't the only ones who can take advantage of an electric keg; K. Rool is able to purposefully launch a keg into a barrier to create this hitbox, before using Side Special's shocks to place an opponent right into its path. Although K. Rool is better off using electric barriers directly to KO, electric kegs provide a higher-risk, higher-reward alternative (albeit in a more thrilling manner than ordinary HMAs).

Up Special - Pickaxe
Sir Weston extracts a standard climber's pickaxe from his backpack and casts it in the direction you chose during the .4 second startup period. If the axe hits the ground, it sticks there for slightly longer than a banana peel, dealing 6% and a bit of set knockback (like a weaker Bumper item). If the axe comes into contact with a grab-able ledge, Weston quickly tosses a rope up to wrap around his tool, enabling him to put his life experience as a climber to use and tether to the stage. Even with his expertise, however, don't get too comfy off-stage as Weston...his tether provides him with none of the defense he enjoys onstage.

Weston's axes are far from standard, however; he's given them some ghostly powers of their own. If he tries to throw an axe from inside an ice block, the axe will become transparent and float through the block, becoming solid after it exits. Although Weston has less versatility while aiming from inside his cube (and he can't tether from inside a block, due to its weight), he is allowed just a bit of extra safety while placing his traps (which don't even cost his block HP). Traps, you say? Well, if Weston tosses a few axes (maximum of three) onto a patch of ice, his sliding opponents are sure feel the burn...er, freeze. What's not to love about creating a bit of space between two axes and watching an opponent (possibly frozen by an icicle wave, which can travel under axes) bouncing back and forth in between the axes and accumulating some sharp damage? Or even just the joy of knocking your opponent out of the sky with a well-aimed toss?

Standards

Jab - Wind Chill
Sir Weston holds out one palm, causing a gust of freezing wind to erupt from his glove after .35 second. The wind reaches out 1.5 Battlefield platform, pushing opponents back with moderate force and dealing 1% per half second, for as long as Weston holds it out. Of course, moderate force turns into a good way across the stage, if Weston has covered the floor in ice first to slide the foe away from him. Although Weston becomes quite punishable after the move ends, if he uses the move's secondary spacing capabilities properly, the danger of retaliation is less imminent. If used from inside an ice block, ice chips detach from the block into the wind, stunning opponents as they're blown back to hopefully keep them from attacking the frozen ghost (1 HP is lost from the block per second).

Dash Attack - Slide
Sir Weston dives forward with little warning, floating just a bit off the ground and sliding forward three character widths (as long as he wishes on top of ice). He passes through characters he comes in contact with, floating back upright with .25 second end lag. Characters who come into contact with the chilly ghost trip, taking 8% in the process. On top of ice, Weston pushes opponents forward as he slides; although they can attack him with a get-up attack from their tripped position, Weston can always push around an opponent he's frozen with Side Special. Also, if Weston slides through any axes he's placed onstage, he'll pick them up automatically for future use.

Forward Tilt - Clap of Winter
Sir Weston claps his gloves a short distance in front of him, creating a Wario-sized cloud of ice and snow with fairly minimal lag on either end. Characters who collide with the cloud take 12% and freeze solid, turning a blue state and being rendered incapable of movement for a half second every 20% they have. This time is doubled when Weston claps from inside a cube, although each clap subtracts 10 HP from the cube.

Weston can have his way with any opponent he manages to freeze, sometimes to a scarily-damaging extent, but it's clear he won't be pulling this off on just any opponent. As a matter of fact, this move is more of a threat if anything. You see, if Weston begins using multiple F-Tilts as an opponent is sliding toward him, his opponent has the choice to run and get hit (or dodge and become predictable), jump and get taken down by an axe, or turn around and run away. If Weston has set up his field properly with ice and axes, he may force his opponent right into his zone of danger. Or, if he coerces an opponent to turn around on the ice, they have the heightened possibility of tripping, becoming vulnerable once again.

Down Tilt - Ice Bed
Sir Weston points at the ground in front of him, causing a character-width bed of icicles to erupt from the ground in front of him, after .5 second. This is hardly a great melee attack, due to the start-up lag (it's hard to even poke at opponents from inside a cube). But...it's not like you won't have opportunity to use it. A slippery, sliding opponent will have difficulty defending against a move that conveniently comes up right underneath them. These icicles deal 10% to victims and launch them up a short distance, but not too far.

Not like this is a bad thing at all; the character will simply tumble right back down to earth (albeit with some DI), entering a downed position. Although difficult to pull off, Weston can move around as his opponent falls and DIs to juggle them with multiple D-Tilts for damage-building. If they fall onto the ice, all the better, as they fall and get their tongue stuck. Weston can then have his way with the stuck pig, launching them again with another D-Tilt, or another move of his choice.

Up Tilt - Mountain Air
Sir Weston raises a hand skyward, creating a character-width area of chilled mist above him with .35 second lag on both ends. If a character falls into Weston's mist, they are chilled inside the mist for a full second, trapped by ten stunning hits of 1%. In addition, if Weston uses this from inside his block, the mist will settle back into the ice after the move, adding 5 HP to the mass.

Although Weston has few attacks quick enough to punish a character stunned in the air, he has another, more useful way to take advantage of their lack of movement. The slow-moving Weston can retreat to a more convenient location and set up more of his arctic antics, whether it be freezing the ground or tossing axes everywhere. The crafty climber knows that he who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day...or, at least wins a ghostly victory.

Smashes

Forward Smash - Ice Cyclone
Sir Weston points forward, creating a Bowser-sized circular cyclone, with .45 second startup. The cyclone travels forward for one to three seconds, depending on charge time, unless Weston tilts back on the control stick to pull the cyclone back in his direction. He's quite vulnerable while doing so, and his ending lag's not pretty; he'll often find himself using this Smash inside a block of ice for extra defense, although any opponents who dodge the Smash have an easy opportunity to shatter the cube.

Characters caught in the cyclone are spun around the foreground and background rapidly for its duration, taking 2% per half second (3% if Weston uses this from his block, as ice chips enter the storm and cut away at victims). Opponents aren't the only thing picked up by the cyclone, however; axes can be pulled into the storm as well, spinning around and hitting victims without knocking them away. Although characters can DI and dodge slightly within the storm, they'll have trouble avoiding multiple obstacles if Weston picks them up. Weston can also collide victims with other victims, if he's lucky enough to get off this move in a FFA.

Although the Smash itself isn't great for damage-racking, it can indirectly lead to some great pain for opponents. Once the storm subsides and the victim is released, they become dizzy. No, not dizzy as in stunned from a shield-break; this effect causes opponents to stumble randomly left or right during their idle stance, as well as randomly enter a footstool when jumping or trip when attacking. This latter danger allows Weston to send his cyclone right off the side of the stage, allowing his opponent to effectively gimp themself. The effect lasts for three to nine seconds, depending on the charge of the Smash. Believe me you, being dizzy on ice is never a good experience (especially when you're surrounded by laughing classmates).

Down Smash - Balls of Ice
Sir Weston spreads his arms to both sides, shooting three Pokeball-sized balls of ice to the ground on either side of him at an angle, with .45 second lag on both ends. If a character comes into contact with a ball, they are stunned long enough for the remaining balls to make contact. The balls themselves deal 3-5% each, depending on charge time.

In addition, should the balls of ice land on any frozen terrain Weston has created, they will stick to the stage (unlike the moving icicles he generates with other moves), refreshing the timer on the ice (albeit not creating any without existing ice). Weston can also gimp opponents by standing close enough to the edge to toss his balls down at a recovering victim. Inside his ice block, Weston's balls (oops...) take away as much HP as they would deal in damage, but pack together more tightly due to the extra cold, bouncing a Battlefield platform to either side before stopping.

Up Smash - Hail
Sir Weston raises his arms, causing hail to begin falling from the top of the screen, directly above him (with little lag, although it takes a brief period before the hail actually reaches the ground). The hail, while not being all that thick, deals multiple spiking hits of 4-6%, depending on charge time. That's right, if you're near the screen-top above Weston when he pulls this move off, you're in for a world of pain, as you're buffeted toward the ground, taking damage all the while.

This is a handy anti-air, although it cannot spike, due to Weston having to be onstage when using the move (unless he rides Necky offstage during a team match and flies away). The hail shares D-Smash's effect of restoring the timer of any ice it falls upon (while not creating ice on its own). The hail also heals Weston's ice block of 5-15 HP, depending on how close he is to the screen-top when initiating the move. Characters can always attempt to shatter the ice block before this happens, although Weston may just be using the hail as bait for this very purpose...beware!

Aerials

Neutral Air - Wintry Mix
Sir Weston spins once, creating a swirling circle of ice around his torso after .4 second. Generic N-Air? Hardly...instead of simply pushing opponents away from him, Weston pulls opponents in close, trapping them in twelve hits of 1% before simply releasing them. While the release can spell trouble due to opponents retaliating, Weston can fast-fall while holding them in, taking airborne foes back to the ground where he wants them. He's best off using N-Air when he's higher off the ground, however, as short-hopping leaves him lagging on the ground like a crippled pornstar.

Forward Air - Sharp Shooter
Sir Weston points his palm at an angle toward the ground and shoots a Pikmin-sized icicle toward the ground at Mario's dash speed, taking .85 second to raise his hand and shoot the projectile. Any victim unfortunate enough to get spiked (literally) takes 10% and are dragged toward the ground along with the icicle, stuck under its pointy end. The falling character is able to use aerials while under the icicle, and may lower its 20 HP to break the icicle and free themselves (either for some than for others...hi, Ganondorf). However, if they land, the icicle impales them to the ground, forcing them to use get-up attacks to break the icicle; if one get-up attack does not break the icicle, they remain impaled and able to use multiple get-up attacks until they do so. It's clear Weston can drop down and take advantage of the stuck victim, but it's worth noting that if he drags or pushes his victim by any means, they take 1% per second as they slide along. Ouch.

Back Air - Spook
Sir Weston turns around rapidly and boos his opponents in his deep voice, stunning them in midair and causing them to fall back to earth. Weston is also turned around by this move, allowing him to flip directions in mid-air, albeit with quite a bit of ending lag as a thorn in his side. The move's hitbox is surprisingly far from Weston, although that's not saying a whole lot; the move reaches as far as a generic Mario B-Air rather than requiring the opponent to be directly on top of Weston for it to work. Stunned characters take 5% from the initial shock of the scare. Victims regain their sensibilities after a second (or more, at higher damage levels).

Up Air - Freeze
Sir Weston raises both hands, causing a spray of snow to shoot up Ganondorf's height from his gloves after .3 second. If any victim finds themselves above Weston, the snow freezes onto the victim, dealing 6-7%. More importantly, the snow becomes ice and bogs them down by doubling their fall speed. Of course, the results of this depend on the character. Jigglypuff still has no difficulty floating around and causing havoc, while Wolf and Dedede act almost as if they grabbed a Metal Box. Weston has a number of tools for pulling opponents above him down from the skies, although he may have to be careful if they approach him from the sides.

Down Air - Avalanche
Sir Weston points downward, causing a sheet of snow as tall as Ganondorf and as wide as Bowser to rain at an angle to the ground after .55 second. If a character becomes stuck in the snow, they are dragged down the snow's path, taking 2-3% per second and 12% upon landing (although DIing out is possible). The snow serves multiple purposes for Weston's slippery schemes; first and foremost, he can keep foes where he wants them (hint, not in the air) by pushing them down if they try to jump up. The snow also refreshes any ice's timer upon landing (although it can be attacking with a strong attack to disperse it before it lands). Finally, Weston can trap an offstage opponent with a short-hopped D-Air, bringing them down too low to grab the edge for a gimp. He will want to save this tactic until his opponent is actually offstage before attempting this, however, as short-hopping this move both ends in failure (Weston must reach at least the snow's height in the air, or it will not be generated) and awful ending lag (or one, as a result of the other).

Grab-Game

Grab - Glove Snatch
Weston reaches forward half the distance of Bowser's F-Tilt, with double the move's lag. He has the special ability to grab both regular old opponents, as well as those frozen in a block of ice. Either way, Weston's grab is quite laggy, both from a dash and from a standstill. He has quite powerful throws, but he'll rarely have an opportunity to land them, unless he takes advantage of his unique attribute.

Pummel - Chill
Weston breathes frosty breath all over his victim, dealing 2% each half second. Yes, this pummel can be inputted once and held out for constant damage; pressing it multiple times results in very little damage and a whole lot of lag. If Weston does not throw his opponent and simply pummels them until they break free, the opponent begins shivering madly, taking 2% constantly for the rest of the match. That is, unless they warm themselves up. Now, unless they find a fire attack to jump into, the character is forced to dash-dance (or, at least back and forth semi-rapidly) to remove the effect. You can guess how this is going to turn out on top of ice...

Forward Throw - Sled Push
Weston forcefully pushes his opponent down and shoves them forward, dealing 7% in the process. Without ice onstage, the opponent simply faceplants to the ground, a short distance in front of Weston. At this point, Weston can simply generate ice with Down Special (without even entering his ice block to hold out the ice, due to his opponent being right there) to freeze the victim's tongue to the ground, as the ice spawns under them. With ice onstage, Weston's opponent simply slides forward as if they were sledding (without the sled prop, of course), colliding with anything Weston has laid out for them to collide -with-.

Back Throw - Figure Skate
Weston grabs his opponent in a bear-hug, turning around and using his ghostly powers to spin around rapidly. After a second of spinning, Weston releases his opponent, dealing 6% and putting them in the dizzy stance from his F-Smash. However, his spinning has an additional little effect here; it essentially creates a minefield right next to the opponent as they exit the throw. You see, Weston's rapid spinning pulls in any axes at Ganondorf's dash speed, leaving them near the hapless victim. If Weston is lucky, the opponent may even become trapped between two axes, allowing him to try and get them sliding (if ice allows) between the two weapons like a pinball.

Down Throw - Backpack Crush
Weston drops his heavy backpack, loaded with climbing gear, onto his victim, forcing them into their downed position and gluing their tongue to any ice that may be under them. But wait...how unfair would that be? The opponent, while frozen in place while Weston undoes his backpack and prepares to drop it on them, has the opportunity to dodge (not shield) the bag, causing Weston to lag quite a bit, as he hastily picks his gear back up. However, Weston can hold his bag-holding stance as long as he wishes, with the ability to drop the bag partially by lowering the control stick. Attempt to fake out your opponent before dropping the bag, and you're ensured a nice 14%, as well as a tongue-stuck effect if you've laid the stage to your liking.

Up Throw - Belay Bombardment
Weston grabs his opponent in one hand and tosses them upward. However, rather than simply following them up for a generic recovery, Weston decides to pelt them with an ice ball, dealing 5% and bringing them downward in a footstool effect as immediately as they were launched. While the obvious use for this is to get the opponent's tongue stuck to any ice you may have made, Weston also has the lesser-known option of following up with an U-Tilt, allowing him to escape to a safer portion of the stage, if necessary.

Final Smash

Final Smash - Blizzard Flash Flood
No, Weston does not literally flood the stage...instead, he summons a swarm of Flashes, generic ghosts with literal hearts of ice. Half of the Flashes float along the stage's solid ground at Mario's dash speed, brushing it with their cold chests to freeze the ground for their master, giving it the same effect as Weston's Down Special. They also refresh any ice Weston had onstage before summoning them. The other half pursues the nearest opponent at the same speed, freezing them in an ice block for a second and a half upon contact; these deal 15% on impact each. The Flashes last for fifteen seconds before vanishing, leaving Weston with a full stage with which to play on.

Playstyle

Right off the bat, Sir Weston starts the match on a slippery slope, and no, that's not literal. He has poor melee attacks, primarily due to them being laggy, punishable, or both. However, Weston won't be considering fighting up close anyways, at least not without doing a little homework. By defending himself and freezing the stage from inside his ice block, Weston turns fruitless fights into victories. Opponents have a much harder time going up against the laggy Weston when they're already preoccupied with the stage he has laid out for them.

Although Weston -can- produce some ice without using Neutral Special, he cannot do so to the extent that will win him matches without encasing himself in a block of ice and harnessing its power. Weston will want to initiate Neutral Special in a location where he can spread ice to either side of him easily. Weston will want to maintain a balance between keeping ice onstage and keeping some ice to use for actual defense, as his defense otherwise is still awful (his opponents merely lose their defensive capabilities). If Weston finds himself running low on ice to take away from his cube, he can always try to get on top of the melting ice himself and use D-Smash or D-Air to refresh its timer. However, despite hindered mobility, opponents on ice will attempt to interrupt Weston, once his intentions become obvious. Or, they may simply take the time to escape the ice, now that Weston is not actively trying to keep them on top of the frozen water.

Because Weston laying the stage with ice is such an important part of his game, opponents will clearly be trying their darndest to rush in at Weston and shatter his block before he creates enough frozen ground to overwhelm them. This is where Weston's internal defense comes in; due to him being able to attack from inside his block, Weston can fend off most attacks fairly decently. Primarily, Weston can use Side Special icicles to deal with foes on the ground and Up Special axes to deal with foes in the air. Once he freezes or grounds his victim, he can unleash spacing moves such as jab or F-Smash, or simply start the pain with F-Tilt, D-Tilt, D-Smash, and more Side Specials. Up Special in particular serves a double purpose, as Weston will want to be getting them out on top of his ice anyways as annoying traps. If an opponent breaks into Weston's ice too much, however, he may simply wish to call it quits and try to flee (dash attack can help here). Although he can rarely stall long enough to allow his block's HP to regenerate all that much on its own, U-Smash and U-Tilt can aid in the healing process if necessary, stopping aerial opponents in their path while doing so.

Anyways, once Weston has covered a good portion of the stage in ice, it's time to get to business. Now that Weston has used his resources to make an environment he's comfortable in, he has quite a few tactics to put to use. First, he'll want to get the opponent sliding around on top of the ice. Jab and F-Smash can easily push opponents onto ice. Weston also has the option to incapacitate an opponent with Side Special, F-Air, and the like, and create ice under them, against their will. Once your opponent is on ice, your job is to keep them there, where they will trip, slip, and fall all over the place, likely right into traps and slower moves that were difficult to land before. Weston can threaten characters attempting to flee with well-timed Tilts, a grab or the previously-mentioned stunning moves. If the opponent tries fleeing into the air and jumping away, Weston may be forced to use an axe, or most of his aerials, to bring them back to his level.

When attacking foes on ice, the majority of Weston's moves are intended to slip up opponents or cause them to faceplant, sticking their tongue to the stage and forcing them to either take self-damage or become vulnerable. Some of these moves are more direct (dash attack, D-Throw), while some increase the chances of a fall (pummel, F-Smash). If Weston has placed axes onstage, the opponent slipping, rather than dodging or fleeing, becomes a major tool for him in building damage. In particular, if Weston can cage a foe between two axes and force them to ricochet between the weapons, he'll find himself with a foe almost as battered and bruised as Rihanna (especially if they're frozen and can't escape, or if Chris Brown is your doubles partner). Moves such as B-Throw and F-Smash can also move existing axes around onstage to Weston's liking. Although it may be risky to toss out all three axes, leaving Weston without a recovery option, at the point where he'll be using the traps against opponents, Weston will have little worry of being knocked off by a slippery, sliding opponent. Plus, he can always scoop them back up with dash attack if necessary.

Weston's lack of a raw KO move surprisingly has little consequence for him, seeing as how his ice will slide opponents right off the stage, if it is generated next to an edge. Once the opponent is loaded up with damage from their icy escapades, it will take longer for them to exit the frozen stances Weston can put them in with Side Special, B-Air, or F-Air (they are also pushed further offstage by jab, Up Special and D-Smash). Weston rarely has to follow his opponent offstage to ensure they fall to their doom, although he can use N-Air for last-ditch suicide KOs if absolutely required. Although Weston does not reek of raw, mighty power, his sly finishers allow him no shortage of methods with which to come out on top (which, as a climber, is what he expects, and will accept nothing less than).

Of course, Weston needs his ice before he can even dream of these high achievements (or, friendly victories). He must defend himself while setting the stage for his offensive game, or he's as good as cooked. If pulled off correctly, however, Weston has the ability to turn any standard fight into a Brawl on ice. Weston isn't even confined to a single mansion room here...he's free to turn an entire stage into an ice-laden battlefield. If you thought his mansion arena was tough to finish him off on, just wait until you find a Weston that can successfully freeze the stage. Those can be downright -cold-.

Match-Ups

Vs. Bowser Jr. - 60/40
Jr. has the early advantage in this match-up, as he's free to roam the stage and spread his paint, while Weston must use Neutral Special to freeze himself before he can spread his ice. However, Weston's ice takes precedence over the young Koopa's goop, freezing it and removing its effect while adding that of the ice, contributing to Weston's frozen stage. Immediately after getting sufficient ice onstage, Weston must leave his cube and attack Jr. to prevent him from coating the ice with more paint, returning Jr.'s paint effect. Weston cannot get ice onstage nearly as fast as Jr. can spread his paint. Jr.'s fireball also puts a major dent in Weston's shield if he decides to use it.

So where does Weston pull ahead in this seemingly-loosing match-up? Well, for starters, Jr. will have to move around on Weston's ice while spreading paint, increasing his likelihood of slipping immensely. To add to this little setback, Weston has little need to travel around while attacking; he can freeze Jr.'s tail and whatnot while sitting on his arse all day, not spreading paint around nearly as much as Jr. would hope. Jr. will have few openings to even attack to push Weston around, as he slides around like a madman with his already poor traction. Jr. will have to focus on breaking through Weston's ice block as early as possible, spreading his paint all the while, in order to defeat the chilly climber. Weston, on the other hand, has the ability to set up and defend simultaneously, making the set-up phase much easier for him than his opponent. And, as you can guess, the set-up phase is likely the determining factor in this match-up.

Vs. Jeice - 30/70
Unlike Jr., Jeice is able to pressure Weston without the burden of flooding the stage with paint. Sending a Crusher Ball at Weston right off the bat limits the amount of ice he'll be able to put onstage. Weston will be less willing to sacrifice his block's HP while freezing the floor, what with Jeice's projectile eating away at the block. Unfortunately for Weston, he has no viable way to defend against the ball, due to his attacks not dealing real knockback to it. In other words, Jeice has Weston beat during the set-up phase; Weston must work with much less ice onstage than he may be comfortable with, ramping up the difficulty of the match a good deal.

If Weston is able to get Jeice on ice (not an intentional rhyme), he'll be able to damage him more effectively. Although the Crusher Ball will still pursue him, he'll be able to fend it off much more efficiently without Jeice being a hindrance as well. However, keeping Jeice on the ground can prove to be a pain in the tiki, considering Jeice has a vertical float at his disposal, and his aerial capabilities blatantly outclass Weston's. The climber will be forced to attack from below with Up Special axes, which, while a nice tool, prevents him from using them as traps on the ground. While retaining a great damage-dealing game, Weston is out of his league against Jeice, who will be able to do so and finish off his opponent much more easily than vice versa. It's a tough choice which Weston finds more unpleasant: this match-up, or fire.

Extras

Up Taunt - Pick Toss
Weston laughs his deep laugh, taking a pick from his backpack and tossing it vertically, before catching it and stowing it again.

Side Taunt - Winter Wind
Weston strikes a proud pose, as if he reached the summit of a mountain, as icy wind blows his coat slightly.

Down Taunt - False Fall
Weston pretends to trip, before simply performing a floaty ghost flip, chuckling to himself while imitating the incompetent movement of his opponents.

Entrance - Rappel
Weston drops in on a rope from the screen top, sliding down onto the stage and stowing the rope, before striking a pose.

Victory Pose #1 - Frozen Slumber
Weston chuckles to himself, sealed inside his "comfy" block of ice and shaking the screen slightly, what with his deep voice and all.

Victory Pose #2 - Ice Mining
Weston tosses an axe in the air, lets it land in the ground, then picks it up and licks it, testing to see whether he has discovered a gold mine in the ice.

Victory Pose #3 - Snowfall Celebration
Weston raises a hand, causing hail to rain down on the stage, splattering loudly around him. Not that he minds, of course...

Victory Theme - Good Night!
The quick, yet effective game over jingle from Luigi's Mansion rings in the background, haunting the match losers and providing the winners with a sense of evil satisfaction.

Loss Pose - Bitter Defeat
Weston claps disappointedly, creating a slight cloud of ice each time his gloves hit each other.

K a c k l e

For those of you who haven't played Donkey Kong Country 2, you may assume Kackle is simply a poor man's Dry Bones. Yeah...anyone who has played clearly remembers the haunting new intricacies this guy brings to the table. Kackle chases the Kongs along a haunted roller coaster track; although he isn't free to attack the Kongs whenever he pleases, if their level timer reaches zero, Kackle automatically murders an ape. He also possesses a sweet evil cackle that would make Warlord proud, of course.

S t a t i s t i c s

Aerial Movement: 7
Movement: 7
Fall Speed: 6
Weight: 6
Jumps: 5
Size: 4
Traction: 2

B O W Y E R

No, I didn't make a typo and post the wrong image while making a Bowser remix...Bowyer is a lieutenant of Smithy, a heavyweight male antagonist itching for world domination in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. This psychotic marksman is stationed in the middle of the Forest Maze (which has been whored out beyond all reason through remixes of its music), where he utilizes his bow-shaped torso to fire paralyzing projectiles at nearby Rose Town. Why does he do so? For no reason at all other than to be an absolute dick. Although Bowyer is right on target being an awesome sadist (with control of lightning to boot), he isn't actually great at aiming his sentient Aero minions at opponents. No worries, though; he has a few other tricks up his non-existent sleeves that are sure to render opponents incapable of a response...literally.

Oh, and he talks using anastrophe. Similar this is to a certain Jedi Master, yes?

S T A T I S T I C S

Size - - - - -> 7
Aerial Movement - - - - -> 6
Weight - - - - -> 6
Movement - - - - -> 4
Traction - - - - -> 4
Jumps - - - - -> 3.5
Fall Speed - - - - -> 3

Many of Bowyer's questionable stats stem from his unique body mass. Bowyer's frontside lends to a rather extended hurtbox, but subtracts from his height in the process. In addition, Bowyer's drawstring is -not- a hurtbox of his, diminishing his hurtbox again. His lack of body leads to a lower weight and a floatier fall speed. Bowyer's other stats are rather unimpressive, due to his stubby legs and general insanity.

A T T R I B U T E S

Bowyer's drawstring behind lends a few curious traits, besides removing the possibility of him being literally backstabbed by a teammate with team attack on. If an opponent touches Bowyer's drawstring, they take 3% and trip behind him. However, if they walk or dash into it, they are rebounded by the string, taking anywhere from 5% at Ganondorf's walk speed to 23% at that of Sonic's dash. Characters launched into Bowyer's string also suffer similar damage, based on the force at which they were launched.

Characters aren't the only things affected by Bowyer's backside. If a non-energy projectile finds its way into the string,

S P E C I A L S

Neutral Special - Disable

Bowyer places an Aero minion in his drawstring and reaches around to pull it back, charging his shot. He fires it in an arc with a second press of the input; he has .25 second on each end, not counting charge time. The Aero travels from one to four Battlefield platforms at the speed of Link's boomerang (oh, the irony!), reaching one Ganondorf above Bowyer at the apex of its arc. When the Aero hits a character, it deals 5-6% and a bit of stun. However, it does have a second, more valuable affect; characters hit lose an entire category of moves until they are attacked.

Bowyer is able to remove characters from using specials, basic attacks (jab, dash attack, and tilts), Smashes, and grabs. He can also remove jumps, essentially limiting characters from performing aerials. The category he removes is determined by the input Bowyer performs as his second input; with two presses of B, Bowyer's Aero removes specials, while A, Smash A, Z, and X/Y remove the other categories, respectively.

Bowyer can capitalize on his foe's inability to use each category of moves through various moves of his own, although he only has one shot, considering any damage the foe takes returns the lost moves to him or her. Bowyer also has to ensure his opponent actually gets hit by the Aero first. Aeroes vanish upon hitting the ground, but cannot be stopped in midair; if attacked, the assailant is affected by the projectile. One category of moves can be removed from each opponent at a time; new Aero effects replace those of old ones.

Side Special - Static E!
Bowyer points forward, cackling and sending a wave of electricity forward at Mario's dash, with .5 startup lag. The wave is Mario's width and as tall as 1.5 Ganondorfs. Characters who come into contact with the wall take multiple zaps of 1% and some stun, as they are trapped in the moving wall. Bowyer can hold his wall out as long as he wishes (cancel by pressing B), but its initial high priority diminishes quickly, to the point where an opponent can fight their way out after a few seconds of inprisonment. Not to mention Bowyer will want to be wary of maintaining his sitting duck status for too long.

Bowyer has a few different uses for his electric barrier. First and foremost, he can use it to block the projectiles he can't capture with his drawstring. He can push an opponent away from him...or, by pressing back on the control stick, he can move the wall (and the victim) back toward him. Opponents will find it next to impossible to shield, roll through, or dodge the wall, due to Bowyer's ability to move it back and forth over-top them; instead, they must jump over the electricity and into the range of Bowyer's special Aeroes. Finally, Bowyer can push opponents offstage with the wall to gimp them easily...or not so easily at times, but Bowyer can always disable jumps or recoveries if he needs to to make the job easier.

Down Special - Poison Aero
Bowyer shoots an Aero upward in an arc, with an animation and charge identical to that of his Neutral Special. However, rather than remove moves from an opponent, this Aero sends its target right off to dreamland. Bowyer's opponent takes 7% and falls asleep for a half second at 0%, rising all the way to two and a half seconds at 100%. This is a dangerous projectile, to say the least. Bowyer can put an opponent to sleep before firing a disabling Aero at them; he also has the option to push the sleeping opponent right off the stage!

EDIT

Down Special - Release projectiles caught with electric properties

Up Special - Arrow Barrage - aim down to recover, forward to create spray

Basic - Bolt, quick zap in front with lots of damage and stun but end lag - can't be stacked, but great if opponent lost basic attacks because no quick defense, grabs ineffective because bolt will free Bowyer

Up Special - Ring of Fighters
King Boo stops and screeches, causing any Boos he has onstage to come together and form a small circle in front of their master after .7 second, spinning around at a moderate pace, moving into the foreground and background. From there, King Boo has three options for his little circle of li...death; he cannot move until he makes his choice, so don't dilly-dally! Those opponents will be eying King Boo during his startup lag like a lion eyes a sleeping gazelle. Without any Boos onstage, King Boo's screech is an extremely close-range hitbox that stuns opponents for a half second.

King Boo can tap B to simply materialize inside the circle, instantly regaining all of the circling Boos at once. More interestingly, by pointing the control stick at himself, the circle of Boos materializes under their king. His loyal minions provide him with an ethereal 'platform' with which to use for controllable recovery for five seconds. King Boo's recovery is around Ganondorf's walk speed with just one ghost under him, but becomes quite a bit faster with upwards of four ghosts. Due to his ability to summon Boos quickly, combined with a slow fall speed, King Boo can call out ghosts in mid-air before using Up Special to increase the effectiveness of recovering. While recovering, King Boo can send his ghosts back to pursuing opponents with a casual press of B.

While the Boos are circling, King Boo can also point the control stick away from himself. This causes the Boos to materialize under his nearest opponent (this also happens if an opponent touches the circle of Boos before King Boo makes a selection). The Boos surround the victim for seven seconds, laughing annoyingly and spinning around them at a set distance. The opponent cannot escape from or attack the Boos' circle, as it follows them around and becomes transparent upon touching enemy attacks, but the victims won't take any damage...that is, unless they try spot-dodging or air-dodging.

If they do so and lean back into a Boo, they take 5% and a second of hitstun (if the Boo is on fire, they take an extra 10% too). Those darn Boos just love being mean, don't they? Of course, if there are less Boos in the circle, gaps do open up that opponents can safely dodge into. King Boo can remedy this by sending out a circle of more Boos, but this means sending out more Boos to begin with, which means sacrificing your dear defense. Decisions, decisions...

Standards

Jab - Twister
By simply tapping A, King Boo quickly spins to slap forward with one arm lightly to create a purple spark of magic two Battlefield platforms in front of him. By repeatedly tapping A, King Boo spins around in place, slapping forward repeatedly with both arms and causing the spark to flash repeatedly. King Boo's arms have a weak hitbox of 1% per slap. Although the slaps are fairly rapid, each knocks opponents back slightly, granting them easy punishment on King Boo.

However, the spark has an interesting hitbox of its own. Opponents who hit the spark take 1% and are flipped to face in the opposite direction. If King Boo chooses to hold out this jab, any opponent touching the spark are flipped around multiple times rapidly, taking light damage all the while. If a grounded opponent is preoccupied avoiding or attacking Boos, King Boo has a better chance of landing the spark hitbox...and hey, flipping them around uncontrollably is exactly what the Boos want, in order to creep up on and take advantage of their hapless victim.

Dash Attack - Ghostly Comet
King Boo begins performing multiple rapid barrel rolls as he jets forward at slightly faster than Mario's dash speed. Characters who hit King Boo take 10% and trip, as he jets right on through them and keeps on truckin'. However, the King can't keep up this dash attack -forever-; if he holds it out for more than a second and a half, or approximately Battlefield's length, he becomes dizzy for the same time upon release. Quite a shame, considering the near lagless startup (a rarity for King Boo). King Boo can quickly dash through any Boos he has onstage to pick them back up, as long as they aren't -too- far away. He can also simply flee from opponents for a short time at a higher speed than his regular dash would allow; this may come in handy if you're stuck without defense for whatever reason.

Forward Tilt - Huff and Puff
King Boo takes a deep breath when the input is first pressed, before exhaling a stream of wind with .4 second startup upon release. While inhaling, King Boo pulls in opponents at half the speed of Dedede's special, stunning them for a half second if they hit him. If the input is simply tapped, King Boo will simply blow a little line of wind as thick as a Pikmin forward one-third of Battlefield, pushing characters back like Whispy Woods on Green Greens for less than half a second. With a second and a half of inhaling, King Boo spews out a gust as thick as Dedede crouching across the length of Battlefield, pushing opponents away with 1.5 times FLUDD's force for a full second. King Boo can angle the direction he inhales and exhales as he primes the move.

King Boo can temporarily space opponents from him by blowing them away, although they'll get to him eventually due to King Boo needing to charge the move for it to have any use. However, with Boos onstage, this becomes a helpful spacing tool for the royal Boo. Floaty Boo minions are pulled in and blown with 1.5 times the force opponents are dragged around (Boos are absorbed if they reach King Boo). The King can pull or push Boos to one side of an opponent, forcing them in the opposite direction, or possibly surrounding them if he blows a ghost to one side, then sics another on his opponent. Lastly, if King Boo tries this on a flaming Boo, the Boo's flame will be extinguished automatically, returning it to its regular hitbox.

Down Tilt - Slobber
King Boo swings his blue tongue out over .45 second, as some ghostly drool appears on the end of it. Although his tongue reaches out a character width, it doesn't turn into a bloody massive blob like in Sunshine; the range isn't great, considering the sub-par speed of the move. If King Boo licks an opponent, they take 5% and are pushed back slightly. They also get covered in drool, which is far from convenient in the middle of an intense fight.

You see, every other time a drool-covered opponent attempts to roll or spot dodge, the slippery victim will trip clumsily. While in their slobbered state, the victim also trips one in every four times they try to dash. The only way to remove the drool is for the victim to turn left to right rapidly fifteen times in a row, shaking off the saliva. If the fifteen turns are not completed in one go, the saliva continues to plague the character. Of course, it is far from ideal to be turning back and forth while Boos are hot on your tail. However, it is generally even less ideal to be robbed of your primary defensive maneuvers in the same situation. King Boo can generally take advantage of a turning victim with less Boos than he otherwise would need to overwhelm an opponent, due to it constantly moving at them as they turn away. King Boo cannot stack the slobber effect. Also, he will want to refrain from using jab on a slippery opponent, due to the spinning magic helping them out in getting rid of the slime.

Up Tilt - Ambush
King Boo spreads his arms and sticks his tongue out at victims laglessly, taunting them. This is done with one press of A; upon another press, King Boo turns transparent, rises up Mario's height, and slams down to the stage. Both of animations take .5 second to complete. Characters who get slammed take 12% and become buried for a second. If Boos are onstage, the buried character will quickly be swarmed by the little pranksters.

On the flipside, King Boo will pretty much be required to sacrifice a good chunk of defense before he'll be able to land this on opponents; it's not like opponents will be coming after him when he's equipped with a seven-Boo shield. If King Boo whiffs this move, he's as good as dead...err, double dead? Either way, there's a lot of that fabled high-risk, high-reward involved here; if you can bait in opponents and bury them when the time is right, you'll find the match swayed in your favor in record time.

Smashes

Forward Smash - Boo Barrier
King Boo points forward, causing a varying number of his Boos to spawn in front of him, each new one on top of the last. Depending on the charge time, King Boo can spawn up to three Boos, which form a wall in front of him up to a Ganondorf high. Upon release, the Boos float forward off the blast zone at Mario's dash speed, pushing back opponents who they come into contact with (although dealing no damage). Because of this, a Boo wall can be used to gimp opponents effectively, as the lack of damage won't refresh their recovery on contact with the ghosts. On the other hand, King Boo will need to find a way to get his opponents offstage before going for the gimp, which can be troublesome at times. The Boos can also be attacked individually to lower their HP and KO them, removing them from the formation.

King Boo can perform an F-Smash while a Boo wall is traveling forward for the Boos to break formation and behave like they do regularly. Yes, you aren't always doomed to losing ghosts by just performing F-Smash. There are several instances where this tactic can come in very handy. King Boo can push an opponent away from him with a Boo wall, before disbanding the ghosts right next to their opponent, forcing them to scramble away, which may be difficult if they have, say, D-Tilt slobber on them to trip them up. King Boo can also send one wall of Boos in one direction and a second in the other, disbanding them both to position himself in between two groups of his minions. This tactic can work wonders on aerial characters, who will be surrounded by the ghosts when they land from their airborne antics.

Down Smash - Petrification
King Boo rises up slightly, before slamming to the ground over .9 second, sending a shockwave of mist in both directions. The waves are approximately half as tall as Squirtle, and travel between one and three Battlefield platforms at Wario to Mario's dash speed, depending on charge time. Characters who hit the waves take 12-18%, but no knockback whatsoever. That's not to say they aren't affected by the mist, of course. Characters who hit the mist become rigid with fear. Their attacks' priority are halved, while the attacks themselves deal half their regular damage and knockback.

This effect can plague them from anywhere between five and twelve seconds, again depending on charge time. While this can prevent King Boo from becoming knocked around too much, its real use comes with Boos onstage. Characters who hit the shockwave will have a much harder time KOing an army of ghosts with weaker attacks. If your opponent becomes riled up and begins dropping your minions like flies, a few waves of mist ought to throw a wrench into their plans for a while. The time opponents are petrified -can- be stacked with multiple D-Smashes, aiding King Boo in this regard. Just make sure those D-Smashes aren't punished; this move isn't exactly something you could...what's the expression...throw out in any situation.

Up Smash - Scream
King Boo aims his face upward and begins shaking slightly, before letting out a bloodcurdling haunted scream. The scream is depicted as three green shockwaves that come out vertically from his mouth, spaced a short distance apart. Each wave is half as long and wide as a crouching Dedede, and travel from two to four Ganondorfs up at Wario to Mario's dash speed, depending on charge time. King Boo can angle this Smash before and after release; if he angles before release, he can send his soundwaves diagonally left or right. If he waits until screaming to angle the move, he can send one soundwave left, one up, and one right. The Smash lasts about .85 second, despite having little lag on either end, so ensure you have enough room to aim your waves safely before attempting this.

Each wave deals 5-7% to characters, but no actual knockback. Instead, each wave footstools opponents downward, as they clutch their ears from the high frequency of the soundwave. King Boo can bring opponents back down to the stage, where his Boos will be able to pursue them more easily (their vertical movement is slow compared to that of characters). A more crafty option involves rendering a victim ground-bound close to an edge with a soundwave, before attempting a gimp with an F-Smash wall.

Aerials

Neutral Air - Flicker
King Boo vanishes in a poof of white smoke instantly, removing his hurtbox; this animation is identical to that of his air dodge. However, King Boo can hold this pose out for up to two and a half seconds before reappearing, falling as he does so to make the illusion more convincing; release A to fade back into existence. If King Boo fades back in on top of a character, they take 10% and knockback that KOs around 150%. If a character is attempting to pressure him at close range, he can alternate between N-Airs and actual air dodges to keep his opponent guessing. Before long, characters may be tricked into trying to punish his N-Air instead of his air ddge, allowing King Boo to reappear and punish their attack. King Boo reappears automatically if he lands, suffering truckloads of lag in the process.

Forward Air - Purple Flamer
King Boo spits out a Soccer Ball-sized purple fireball, which travels in a straight line for two Battlefield platforms at Mario's dash speed before sputtering out, with .4 second lag on both ends. This straight line flight pattern goes right out the window when a character is within two Battlefield platforms at the moment of the input (the fireball will travel straight if a character enters this range after the input is pressed). In this case, the fireball hones in on the victim for three seconds. Air dodging won't help in dodging it, either; the fireball hovers over top the character, hitting them as they return to the foreground. The fireball deals 14% and knockback that KOs around 120%, which isn't so bad for King Boo. This move can be great for keeping opponents out of King Boo's face in times of need (although the startup lag still won't do him any favors), as well as invalidating opponents' air dodges at close range or forcing them to air dodge into an Up Special ring of Boos.

Back Air - Flee
King Boo spirals backward a character width, cackling maniacally, with minimal lag on both ends. He may perform this maneuver several times in quick succession. Considering the bountiful boatloads of lag accompanying both ends of all of his other aerials, King Boo will often find himself jetting back once or twice in order to space himself for his other aerial antics. At the end of one backward dart, King Boo can quickly flick the control stick in the opposite direction, turning him to face in that direction. If he needs to quickly flee in the opposite direction, he can take advantage of this little trick, rather than laboriously landing and turning around.

Up Air - Hurricane of Mist
King Boo creates a Bowser-sized vortex of mist above him, with .45 second lag on both ends. The hurricane lasts for .75 second before fading away; any characters who enter the storm during this time are spun around in a circular shape, moving in and out of the background. They spin above King Boo for a set amount of time determined by him (up to three seconds, by holding the input). King Boo cannot suicide with this, as he'll always die first. He can, however, force the spinning character in one direction; by releasing the input, King Boo tosses the character in that direction, dealing 10% in the process. If the character is being surrounded by a ring of Up Special Boos, moving them into the background with U-Air can also force them into the little blighters.

Down Air - Catch and Release
King Boo opens his mouth, allowing a blue flame to extend down out of his mouth Ganondorf's height, with .45 second lag starting and .6 ending. He hangs the flame out for around a second, hoping to snare his prey, before reeling it back in. Characters who come into contact with the end of the flame take 12% and are dangled there like a fish on a hook, having to mash out with grab difficulty. Hitting the sides of the thin flame deals a minute 3% and some bonus hitstun.

King Boo will have to space this move carefully to land it, although his slow fall speed aids him when attempting to do so. Once he has a character in his grasp, King Boo can tap A to launch his victim toward the ground at breakneck speeds. He can also fall to the ground with his victim in tow; while without a victim he suffers an insufferable amount of landing lag, King Boo quickly holds any character he lands with in his regular grab. This is -if- he lands, of course; he can always just fall to a suicide KO, allowing the dangling opponent to take the fall first.

Grab-Game

Grab - Envelop
King Boo cackles and turns transparent over .4 second; he remains transparent for a second before becoming opaque again over .75 second. Should a character touch or attack the ghost king, he'll grow in size slightly, enveloping the character and trapping them inside him. Also, while transparent, King Boo does not absorb Boos that come into contact with him. He takes no damage from any attacks characters are performing as he absorbs them, allowing for him to grab and counter laggy attacks. However, if a character dodges King Boo's grab, the ghostly leader suffers becomes quite punishable. He cannot become transparent to snare opponents at a whim and expect to escape unscathed.

While carrying an opponent, King Boo is able to use his tilts on the victim in addition to his regular pummel and throws (which he performs by smashing the control stick). You want grab-game options, King Boo's got them! Due to his tilts being somewhat tough to land regularly, grabbing an opponent first provides King Boo with a window for including them in matches more often. He can space opponents from him using F-Tilt, slobber them with D-Tilt, or bury them with U-Tilt, benefiting him in several aspects of his game.

Pummel - Chill
King Boo shudders slightly with his opponent inside him, using his ghostly chilliness to immobilize his victim for .2 second. Each pummel deals 1% and can be performed at a moderate pace. Opponents can break free with increasing ease after each consecutive pummel, although King Boo will generally not have an issue pummeling a victim multiple times with one grab. He is able to prevent an opponent from doing anything during this time, meaning if he grabs and pummels an opponent a Boo has entered, the Boo will have more time to devour the victim's shield than it otherwise would. Outside Boos will also have more time to approach the victim, although Boos won't enter an opponent until they are released from King Boo's grab.

Forward Throw - Buried Alive
King Boo dives into the ground in front of him, carrying his opponent with him, before popping out, leaving his solid opponent buried in the ground, covered by a mound of dirt the size of a crouching Squirtle. Characters take 1% each second they are suffocating under the dirt, and must mash out with double grab difficulty. Characters can attack the mound of dirt to damage the buried character, although they will not be knocked back in the slightest. Boos will enter this grave to pursue an opponent, making this an even bigger headache for the victim. Hey, King Boo's grab is hard enough to land in the first place; he might as well have some half-decent throws that serve an actual purpose, yes?

Back Throw - Un-Velop
King Boo stops smothering his opponent and teleports directly behind them; however, the struggling opponent doesn't seem to get the memo. They continue flailing their arms as they attempt to struggle a short distance off the ground, trying to throw off King Boo. This might be worth their effort, except that...well, he's already off. The opponent struggles comically in mid-air for a second before falling to the ground, free to move. This is King Boo's weakest traditional throw, as it deals no actual damage. That's not to say it's worthless by any means, though; although King Boo cannot regrab the flailing opponent, he can send an F-Smash wall into them to push them around, as well as spin them helplessly with his jab, allowing any Boos in the vicinity to close in on their meal with ease.

Down Throw - Pirouette
King Boo twirls 'round and 'round at a sickeningly fast pace before releasing his victim. As he releases them, the opponent begins twirling around with careless abandon for their basic animation, dizzy as all hell. King Boo can hold his spin to increase the time his victim stays dizzy, but he must be cautious while doing so, lest he render himself dizzy for a time as well. After inputting the throw, King Boo can tap A to release his victim. For every half second King Boo spins, the victim remains dizzy for two seconds. However, after three seconds of spinning, King Boo enters his shield-break animation for a second and a half, unable to capitalize on his disoriented opponent.

If the dizzy victim tries walking or dashing in one direction, they teeter in that direction drunkenly, moving at a slightly slower speed than usual and having next to no traction. The character will enter a footstool effect after a second in the air, as well as trip stupidly instead of attacking every other attack they perform. Finally, if they try to move this way for more than a set time (two seconds walking and a second dashing), they get sick. The character leans into the background and pukes, taking 5% in the process. The puke lasts for fifteen seconds in the background, covering a Battlefield platform of space and tripping characters who try spot-dodging over it. Boos love to take advantage of dizzy opponents, as the opponent won't be able to flee for long without puking and hindering their defensive game. The opponent will also have a harder time attacking the meddlesome ghosts without stumbling pathetically. This is both an effective throw for opponent shield-breaking, as well as for comedic value.

Up Throw - Ruby Gaze
King Boo's eyes and crown flash red, before he spits up his victim a set distance, dealing 5-6%. The opponent glows red for seven seconds after this time, still under the gaze of the King. What does the gaze actually do? For the next seven seconds, any Boos King Boo releases with Neutral Special will appear directly behind the victim. These ghosts obviously have a much shorter distance to travel to get into your opponent's pan...shield, allowing King Boo to get the job done much faster. Of course, any old fool will try and prevent King Boo from taking advantage of this by consistently B-Airing to attack the Boos he creates. You may have to interfere with jab to get Boos into your victim this way, although it won't always be necessary to get the job done.

Final Smash

Final Smash - Giga Bowser...Costume
King Boo cackles and slowly spins all the way around. He forces the entire screen to spin with him, the stage and characters rotating around mid-battle. This doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect, but when the screen returns to normal, King Boo is gone...not. He falls back onstage wearing a Bowser costume; the costume is the size of Giga Bowser, and although the standards are all Bowser's, this incarnation has specials all its own. Down Special is an Inhaling move that extends all the way across the stage, pulling opponents in at double Dedede's Inhale rate. Opponents get pulled into Bowser's mouth, where he chews them like a piece of gum and spits them out. This deals a nice 36%, releasing the vore victim right in front of the costume.

Side Special causes Bowser to pull out a spiky ball as big as a regular Bowser and bowl it across the stage. The ball rolls at Sonic's dash speed until it hits a solid object, dealing 25% and great vertical knockback on contact. Finally, Up Special allows Bowser to spit out a homing Kirby-sized ball of ice. Characters who hit the blue ball take 10% and are immured in a block of ice, taking 2% per second until they mash out with double grab difficulty. Of note, if you try to turn around as Bowser, he merely turns his head all the way around and walks backward. He can still use all his regular moves; this is more a Luigi's Mansion shoutout, if anything. After fifteen seconds, the costume leaps off the screen top and King Boo rematerializes.

Playstyle

Alright, let's reiterate here for a second. King Boo begins his matches as a godly defensive character. His massive shield of Boos can stand up to almost anything any character can dish out, and King Boo will shrug it off as but a scratch. Characters can't even get around it by grabbing King Boo out of his shield, lest they be bitten in the arse...literally. To win a match, King Boo can roll around the stage, shrugging off enemy blows and blasting away the perpetrators left and right...right? I mean, with floaty, laggy rolls and dodges and literally no offensive options that don't involve sacrificing part of your shield, King Boo can obviously just rest in peace, knowing he'll come out on top, no matter what.

Okay, sarcasm aside, while King Boo's shield lends him incredible defense, the fact that it is comprised of the very minions King Boo needs to get any offensive work done means that it won't last for any period of time during a match. King Boo must send out Boos with Neutral Special to progress through the various phases of his match, which, of course, means he'll be whittling down his own shield. King Boo must sacrifice defense in order to become competent offensively. Depending on how much he does so, King Boo can tilt the scale totally in the opposite direction, becoming a godly glass cannon. That's not to say he wants to send out seven Boos all at once, all the time.

You see, offensive little Boos specialize in dismantling your opponent's defensive options, whether it be by eating away at their shield or disabling their spot and air dodges by forming a ring around them. However, if King Boo decides to completely kick his awesome shield to the curb, he won't have any material with which to overcome his opponents. Even if the opponents are rendered incapable of defending themselves, the opponent won't even need to dodge or shield to avoid King Boo's non-Boo attacks. I mean, what's he gonna do? Flip them around? Stun them? None of these will carry King Boo through a whole match after the Boos he sends out vanish (all Boos vanish after a Boo has destroyed a shield), and he'll likely have to simply flee from opponents until his Boos are available for use again. If he's attacked, he won't be able to defend, and he'll have a tough time recovering if he gets knocked offstage.

Fortunately, King Boo doesn't -need- to send out all seven Boos at once to get rid of an opponent's defensive options. He can slowly cut away all their options, one by one, while conserving his Boos to retain reasonable defense. It's generally the best option to start with an opponent's shield first. Three Boos can take down a shield fairly easily if sent out correctly, while even fewer ghosts can be deployed by superior players. King Boo will have to take into consideration on which side of his victim he unleashes his Boos on, as well as how much HP his minions have. King Boo can unleash minions on one side of an opponent, then jump over or dash through (with Side Special) the opponent and unleash more ghosts behind their back. The opponent will be forced to turn back and forth in order to keep both sides of ghosts at bay; if they become preoccupied with attacking one side, the other side will creep on it to get work done. If worse comes to worse and the opponent is putting your Boos in danger, King Boo can run through the ghosts to regain them. Easier said than done, but worth doing if they're on death's doorstop...again.

King Boo, of course, can screw with opponents trying to fend off ghosts both indirectly and directly. With some spacing, he can control the direction the opponent faces with jab, or force them to spin around recklessly with D-Tilt. He can push or pull Boos to one side of an opponent with F-Tilt. He can use D-Smash to weaken opponents trying to attack his minions. More directly and riskily, King Boo can intercept an enemy attack with his grab (or D-Air) and either use of his tilts on his enveloped victim, or use a stunning pummel or throw. Although Boos will not enter an opponent inside King Boo, they will wait right next to him to take over as soon as he releases his victim. Boos won't leave opponents King Boo grabs, however, meaning he can stall with a haunted victim to increase the ease with which the Boo gnaws away at their shield.

Unlike King Boo, shields aren't opponents' only defensive options, of course. However, King Boo can counter more than just shields using Boos, which is why he'll want to save a few for later. If King Boo loses three Boos taking down a shield, for example, he still has four to spare, and if he's feeling extra conservative, he can stall fairly effectively with a four-Boo shield until the other three Boos rejoin him. His opponent's shield won't return to them unless they choose to break it, so he's in no rush. Next, King Boo will want to take away opponents' spot and air dodges with a ring of Boos. As with before, three Boos is sufficient to disable these options, and more Boos will only get the job done more quickly. King Boo can put the final nail in his opponents' defensive coffin by eliminating their ability to roll or run away. He can use D-Tilt to turn his opponent into a wet mess and D-Throw to keep his opponent from dashing too much. Heck, even if they manage to escape, U-Throw allows King Boo to unleash his minions right next to his victim, wherever they are. Even though King Boo is far away from those atrocious baseball spin-offs, he's got his bases covered here.

Now, let's answer a question that may be weighing on your minds: why does King Boo need to abolish his opponents' defense? Why not just attack the opponent as they are? Well, if you want to find out, try using King Boo's primary damage-building and KOing strategies on an opponent who retains their defense. Trying to build some damage by shooting off some fireballs? They'll either have no problem air dodging through the flaming ghost or power-shielding the projectile (if a Boo is inside them and the fireball is coming at them). Trying to gimp a victim with an F-Smash wall of Boos? Weep as the victim simply rolls through the wall, unharmed, or air dodges through the U-Smash waves meant to sink their ship. Plus, a ring of ghosts surrounding an opponent provides King Boo with opportunities to force them to dodge...or at least enter the background with F-Air or U-Air, taking a good deal of hitstun and becoming vulnerable to more damage.

Mastering King Boo requires a combination of perception of balance from the player, as well as the ability to play the waiting game. Be aware of how many Boos are required to get the job done in certain situations, and send out no more or less minions. Be able to play it safe and wait until your Boos have returned from disabling one defensive option before sending them out to disable another, rather than going after both at once and being forced to preserve yourself without the luxury of a shield. Once your opponents are on their knees without the defense required to dodge your damaging and finishing options, show no mercy. Such is the life of a diabolical mastermind; pull the strings behind the scenes, and go for the jugular when presented with the opportunity. Who's afraid of ghosts now?!

Match-Ups

Vs. M. Trinity - 60/40
King Boo has less need to worry about MT's panties than most characters, because he floats. Unlike balloons, not all characters float, you know. They don't -all- float. Anyways, King Boo hovers over panties on the ground, removing the option from MT's arsenal. Both characters can rack damage on the other without much difficulty. MT can take advantage of King Boo as he sends out Boos and attempts to position them and her, with her array of sex moves. King Boo, on the other hand, can work with his spacing tools such as dash attack, B-Air, and Side Special to stay away from this fate, and position his Boos around MT, using F-Tilt and jab to keep MT in their range. He'll need these tools in this match-up, as MT can teleport away from Boos with annoying ease.

All in all, King Boo will need to play a rather offensive game right off the bat, when MT is busy laying out her panties which won't affect him. If he can take down MT's shield during this time, he'll have no problem hanging around to get his Boos back, then overwhelming MT with a great defensive shield to counter her grab (a vital staple of her game) as well as the offensive options to counter the defense she now lacks. MT will generally be using her panties as throwing weapons, due to their uselessness on the ground. King Boo can suffer damage from this option...without a solid shield. Otherwise, his massive ball of minions will shrug off the panties as if they were a child's playthings. King Boo's unique stature and sly options give him the upper hand over the voraciously vicious vixen in this match-up.

Vs. Tutankoopa - 20/80
King Boo has immediate problems against Tutankoopa due to the fact that his Boos, which he relies on so heavily, cannot defend themselves against Chompy. As he meanders around the playing field, Chompy mauls any Boos in his path, as the ghosts are more preoccupied with Tutankoopa than his big black pet. Of course, considering Tutankoopa generally sits back on his platform while Chompy hangs out below, the Boos will be out of Chompy's way to begin with...unless Tutankoopa gets down in front of Chompy, putting himself at risk in order to cleanly KO King Boo's minions, in one or two fell swoops. While this tactic may be dangerous due to Chompy aiming to target his master, King Boo won't be too far away in most cases. He'll most likely be hanging out near his minions, ready to scoop them up if they are put at risk by Chompy...putting himself in the crosshairs in the process.

In reality, King Boo finds it difficult to land his standards to get Boos inside Tutankoopa; he can't space properly for moves like jab and F-Tilt with Chompy in the way (and if he hits Chompy, it's all the worse for him). If he's on the ground, he'll be just as at risk as Tutankoopa, while if he's trying to get Tutankoopa off his platform with, say, F-Air, Tutankoopa can casually retaliate with an F-Air of his own, sending Chompy up to launch the King. Often, the most King Boo can hope for is to surround Tutankoopa with a ring of Boos and force him into them, although Tutankoopa will likely see this coming miles away and be prepared to counterattack by sending Chompy after the King as he sends out the ring. King Boo's fragile minions and moves requiring time and space pale in comparison to Tutankoopa and Chompy, who has much more leniency to wreak havoc onstage without worrying too much about suffering the possible consequences.

Extras

Up Taunt - Cackle
King Boo spreads his arms and sticks out his blue tongue, letting out his raspy laugh for all to hear. He who laughs last, laughs best.

Side Taunt - Spook
A Boo appears in front of his master, who covers his eyes for a split second, before letting out a nasty scream. This scares the little ghost, who shudders briefly and vanishes.

Down Taunt - Ruby Reflection
King Boo removes his crown and gazes at his reflection in it, proving he's superior than the average Boo by not cowering at himself in the mirror. He returns the crown to his head afterward, cackling lowly.

Entrance - Materialize
King Boo's crown floats onstage, seemingly without an owner. This is quickly proven false, as the ghost king makes himself visible under his ruby headdress.

Victory Pose #1 - Ring of Victors
King Boo spins around in the center of a ring of his spinning minions, cackling viciously, while his Boos chatter excitedly.

Victory Pose #2 - Delicious Dinner
King Boo gets up close to the camera and licks his lips. His opponents are not visible in this screen...I wonder where they went? As King Boo backs away from the screen, you can see that they are still there, clapping. What, did you think something happened to them? As a matter of fact, yes it did...they lost.

Victory Pose #3 - Eternal Slumber
King Boo's minions are seen sleeping around him, while the King celebrates on center stage. It appears they've been tuckered out after this long battle...nevertheless, King Boo screeches, sending them back to work. There's never any time for the white guys to rest, it seems.

Victory Theme - Big Boo Bonus
Whenever King Boo scores a victory, the clip played when a Luigi's Mansion boss is defeated rings in the background.

Loss Pose - Head Shake
King Boo shakes his head disappointedly in the background. Whether he is doing so out of poor sportsmanship or an inability to clap with such stubby arms is unknown.

Well, now...we've made it almost through Week One, and what do we have? Seven awesome sets, and truckloads more to go. I want to thank all who have contributed heartily for contributing to a fantastic opening week, and I hope you will continue to shine in this exciting edition of our contest. You guys are the reason we have lasted almost three years and ten contests, and are the reason we will continue on for many more years and contests to come. Rumor has it, we have some big works coming up soon, so stay tuned...we've only just begun what is sure to be a MYM so massive and juicy, even Fat ******* couldn't eat it all!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Why do people put Sylux into these lists sometimes? Is there something I'm missing that he/she/it did more so than the other hunters? It wasn't even confirmed that it was Sylux's ship at the end of MP3. And putting Sylux in before Ridley just seems wrong. =/

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Why would Sora get in?

Exactly. Sora isn't even that deserving, so, like Darkwashu, I have to ask what's so awesome about Sora. His keyblade would be a sword with range from magic attacks, and he's a big wuss. Not to mention that he isn't even important to Nintendo. Seriously, what the heck?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Why would Sora get in?

Sora would get in because of the GBA game, and even though he's not the star of the DS game, he'll surely show up in in eventually.

Also Kingdom Hearts II is infinitely better than the first game.

Pieman0920 said:
Why do people put Sylux into these lists sometimes?
Because of his ship at the end of Corruption. There really didn't have to be an official confirmation on it--unless they're introducing a new character, that's definitely Sylux's Delano 7.

EDIT- Also, to what darkserenade said...Sora may be a **** via the plotline and such, but he's ridiculously cool in combat. His Keyblade would be the only actual two-handed weapon in the game, and he's got the magic, drives, and summons(?) to back him up.

What I'm saying is, he would hardly be contrived.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Because of his ship at the end of Corruption. There really didn't have to be an official confirmation on it--unless they're introducing a new character, that's definitely Sylux's Delano 7.
While the ships look somewhat simmilar, there still are some very noticible differences. And even so, the one possible cameo, doesn't justify getting into SSB4.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
EDIT- Also, to what darkserenade said...Sora may be a **** via the plotline and such, but he's ridiculously cool in combat. His Keyblade would be the only actual two-handed weapon in the game, and he's got the magic, drives, and summons(?) to back him up.

What I'm saying is, he would hardly be contrived.
Two-handed isn't the best achievment out there, Chief. Ragnell is two-handed, but FE10 Ike's awesomeness allows him to wield it with one hand.Sora's magic can hardly be called magic. Drives would, at best, be alternate costumes and a FS, and summons would not be in at all.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The roster was pretty good HolyMoses. The two big complaints are that I disagree with he Metroid characters and there are too many Sonic guys. Beyond that, it has some good picks.

Roihu

Smash Ace
His Keyblade would be the only actual two-handed weapon in the game
What the hell does that make Ike?
Anyways, Sora could get in, maybe. Low possibility, but maybe.
Saki Amamiya would definitely be much better than Leon. Why represent a character that might be a clone or close to when you could represent a whole 'nother series AND has a freaking awesome weapon and workable moveset. Not only that, but it could get famous and have sequels.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
While the ships look somewhat simmilar, there still are some very noticible differences. And even so, the one possible cameo, doesn't justify getting into SSB4.
Well, it's not really the cameo that people base their want for him off of. It's the idea that if the Prime saga continues, he'd probably be in it. Plot-centric, even.

Personally I love the guy, but only because he's so much better than every other Hunter in MP:H. It'd be neat to see him in Smash Bros., but unless he does in fact play a bigger part in the games later on, I don't see it happening.

darkserenade said:
Two-handed isn't the best achievment out there, Chief. Ragnell is two-handed, but FE10 Ike's awesomeness allows him to wield it with one hand.Sora's magic can hardly be called magic. Drives would, at best, be alternate costumes and a FS, and summons would not be in at all.
Technically Ike's sword is two-handed, but as we know, he fights using it with one arm. So Sora has...

...wait, this is a stupid argument. Just by playing the Kingdom Hearts games (especially II), it's easy to see how unique Sora is as a fighter. I don't know what you mean about his magic, and you're nuts if you think his Drives would be alternate outfits.

Sora's one of the few characters who has too many obvious potential Final Smashes. It should be Trinity Limit, but then there's Final Form (with Anti Form as a random occurence), Mickey Save, and so on.

The summons though...yeah. They're cool, but the extra legalwork that would be required wouldn't be worth it.

EDIT - @ Roihu: Yeah, I'd crap myself with joy if Sin & Punishment got popular and had sequels. He'd definitely be an awesome character to have in there, but in his case, I really do think he's just too obscure. Moreso than R.O.B., G&W, Pit, Ice Climbers, and Marth combined.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Technically Ike's sword is two-handed, but as we know, he fights using it with one arm. So Sora has...

...wait, this is a stupid argument. Just by playing the Kingdom Hearts games (especially II), it's easy to see how unique Sora is as a fighter. I don't know what you mean about his magic, and you're nuts if you think his Drives would be alternate outfits.
Then what the hell are they gonna do for alternate outfits? Aside from Final Form which could be used as a Final Smash, I think they should put the Drives as alternate outfits. I mean seriously, what the hell else are they going to use for Red Team Valor or Blue Team Wisdom?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Then what the hell are they gonna do for alternate outfits? Aside from Final Form which could be used as a Final Smash, I think they should put the Drives as alternate outfits. I mean seriously, what the hell else are they going to use for Red Team Valor or Blue Team Wisdom?
Yeah, that works fine.

I don't think Valor/Wisdom/Master would be used in the actual moveset, so there you've got three color swaps. Now give him his Kingdom Hearts 1 outfit, and you're set.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Yeah, that works fine.

I don't think Valor/Wisdom/Master would be used in the actual moveset, so there you've got three color swaps. Now give him his Kingdom Hearts 1 outfit, and you're set.
Oh, right, that'd work too. Also what would work is giving him his Anti form to look sorta like the Links. Unless they implement it in the Final Form Final Smash....

tirkaro

Smash Champion
EDIT - @ Roihu: Yeah, I'd crap myself with joy if Sin & Punishment got popular and had sequels. He'd definitely be an awesome character to have in there, but in his case, I really do think he's just too obscure. Moreso than R.O.B., G&W, Pit, Ice Climbers, and Marth combined.
S&P isn't that obscure. Before it was brought to Japan-only status, it had a good deal of hype in the west, and a good few of western game magazines covered it. Not to mention it's available on the VC, and from what I know, had rather good sales.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Oh, right, that'd work too. Also what would work is giving him his Anti form to look sorta like the Links. Unless they implement it in the Final Form Final Smash....
Like I said, he's got a stupidly large number of options for an FS.

>Trinity Limit
>Final Form
>Micky Save
>Eternal Session
>Kingdom Hearts
>Break Free

...which are just off the top of my head.

Anyways, I do support him as (what I think) the most-likely Squeenix character, but that's not saying much. I wouldn't be surprised if no Squeenix reps get into the game.

tirkaro said:
S&P isn't that obscure. Before it was brought to Japan-only status, it had a good deal of hype in the west, and a good few of western game magazines covered it. Not to mention it's available on the VC, and from what I know, had rather good sales.
Really? I didn't know it was a good seller.

Still, I have my reservations, as the only way most people in the world can play the game is through a download service. And again, it's Treasure--they've got better options.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Like I said, he's got a stupidly large number of options for an FS.

>Trinity Limit
>Final Form
>Micky Save
>Eternal Session
>Kingdom Hearts
>Break Free

...which are just off the top of my head.

Anyways, I do support him as (what I think) the most-likely Squeenix character, but that's not saying much. I wouldn't be surprised if no Squeenix reps get into the game.

Still, I have my reservations, as the only way most people in the world can play the game is through a download service. And again, it's Treasure--they've got better options.
Yes, like I said before, his chances of getting in are slim.
As for Saki, he was awesome as an AT and Sakurai said he fits right in. What's to stop Sakurai from playing favorites?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Note that I'm basing this off of the internet, so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it at least had better-than-average sales for a VC game.

Thing is, treasure is a 3rd party company. While Sin n' Punishment was developed by treasure, the game and it's characters belong to Nintendo. So while characters like Gunstar Red and Blue, or Marina(who doesn't belong to nintendo, contrary to popular belief) would be good, Saki would be a lot easier to use, legally.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Thing is, treasure is a 3rd party company. While Sin n' Punishment was developed by treasure, the game and it's characters belong to Nintendo. So while characters like Gunstar Red and Blue, or Marina(who doesn't belong to nintendo, contrary to popular belief) would be good, Saki would be a lot easier to use, legally.
Well in that case, Saki for SSB4.

I forgot Nintendo published the game...though I do still think the Gunstar Super Heroes would be a better Treasure rep.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
It would certainly get attention, but since third party characters in these games is still going to be a pretty new thing even as of a fourth possible game I think Sora would be a bit much...

I don't think it's ever a matter of it being concievable, because almost all characters could somehow be implemented into these games with the right amount of creativity and maintaining what makes the character who they are, it's usually a matter of whether it's just sensible or not.

I don't know but I don't see it in this case. At least for a fourth game. It would definitely get a lot of attention though, good and bad.

I would not be surprised by Saki, though by the time a fourth comes out Sin and Punishment may be a bit lonely..

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I would not be surprised by Saki, though by the time a fourth comes out Sin and Punishment may be a bit lonely..
All Treasure games are like that.

To date, only...Gunstar Heroes, Guardian Heroes, and Bangai-O have gotten sequels/remakes.

EDIT - To put that in perspective, Treasure's made all of the following (this is to the best of my knowledge, though I'm sure I'm missing a few games)

>Dynamite Headdy
>Alien Soldier
>Light Crusader
>Mischief Makers
>Silhouette Mirage
>Radiant Silvergun
>Silpheed
>Stretch Panic
>Ikaruga

As well as alot of other games in established franchises, like the Bleach DS games, Wario World, and so on.

So yeah, most of their games are pretty lone wolves.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I know, I'm a big fan of Ikaruga, just that as far as Smash Brothers goes it could impede Saki from becoming a full playable.

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
though he would have an extremely low chance of making into ssb rumble/royale (4) i would add

master chief:
don't have any of the standard a moves, i suppose hitting someone with an ar could be one...

the special moves would be
b: random selection of gernades, ranging from plasma, to spike, to tripmine
^b: grav lift: deploy this to float in the air for a short amount of time
>b: warthog: would work like wario's bike
Downb:this is the only one i don't know....

fs: master chief flies into the sky on a pelican, (similar to snake) and pulls out a beam rifle. he gets three shots, each ohko's but the targets will be hard to hit, naturally.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
He's the King of the Koopas.... with a twist

Name:
Paper Bowser

Quality Picture:
http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/n64/paperma...ies/bowser2.gif

Origin:
Paper Mario (N64)

Date of Origin:
August 11, 2000

Home Stage:
Mushroomy Kingdom

Taunts:
Taunt ^: Paper Bowser pumps his fists in the air and chortles "gwhahaha"
Taunt v: Paper Bowser begins biting the air ferociously, just like the 'real' Bowser.
Taunt < or >: Paper Bowser folds his arms, looks away, and then snorts derisively.

Entrance:
A small book emblazoned with a star design, opens up, and Paper Bowser leaps out, ready to do some fightin'

Kirby Hat:
Kirby becomes entirely flat, along with wearing the standard Bowser hat

Stats:
Offense: 3/10
Defense: 6/10
Projectile: 4/10
Weight: 3/10
Speed: 4/10
Recovery: 5/10
Throwing Ability: 6/10
Final Smash: 7/10

Special Moves

Standard Special: "Breathe Fire!" (3%,3%,3% etc)

Breath out a stream of molten hatred in the form of burning embers.
No self respecting King can call himself such without the ability to project flames from his mouth.
The great King of the Koopas, squats down, mouth agape and begins breathing a conical stream of cartoon fire. Paper Bowser really puts in his all into it this time; the flames never die down, and they do a stellar job of repelling foes to a more manageable distance. To put it bluntly, "Paper" Bowser blows (fire) better than the real thing!

But, and there always is a but, Paper Bowser has a terrible secret... he's made of PAPER!
If you try to hold the flames out for longer than 0.5 seconds, Paper Bowser's inflammable curse comes to haunt him. Do you smell something burning? It's you! You're on fire! Run! Roll! Put out the flames before they reduce you to cinders! Ok, maybe that was an exaggeration, you won't die from being on fire, but you do take a monstrous 5% damage every second until you douse it somehow. Water is a good idea, but that comes with its own problems, so stick to rolling.

Still, there are a couple of benefits to catching alight. For one, Paper Bowser will now deal flinching contact damage to the foe, multiple hits that can be tricky to get out of if Bowser correctly predicts the foe's movements. These flames also provide a rudementary shield against some of the weaker projectiles, swatting them out of existance before they can become a problem. Among the various things it can stop, are Fox's, Falco's, Wolf's and Rob's laserbeams (The intense heat acts as a form of light distortion that breaks apart the high density frequencies of the lasers) Peach's Turnips too, and the wooden Boomerangs that Link/Toon Link throw.

The other advantage of burning alive, is that Paper Bowser billows out copious amounts of smoke as he fries. The smoke is acrid and black, obfuscating anything inside the clammy ash from view. It's hard to see things in smoke, it seems, and if you leave Paper Bowser burning a while, it'll become hard to see... well.. anything. Not only does the smoke expand, but Paper produces more of it, the longer it burns. Even once you put out the fire, Paper Bowser will continue to smolder for a short time, keeping the smoke nice and thick for him to hide in.
Paper Bowser (on fire) produces enough smoke to comfortably hide behind, in 2 seconds, and enough to cover the entirety of New Pork City in 10 seconds. And speaking of 10 seconds, that's how long the smoke lasts before is disperses enough for the foe to see where you are. If you think of it that way, 10% damage up front to hide yourself for 10 seconds is a pretty sweet deal. But don't you dare abuse it, Bowser is supposed to be big and mean! Only hide in smoke so the foe won't know where you'll spring from.

Upward Special: "Fortress Spin!" (1%)
Ducking into his pointed shell, Bowser spins around and around like a whirling fortress. Decent horizontal recovery really.
If you're a true Bowser, you need to spin around in your shell. It's the law. You've got a little bit more vertical lift as Paper Bowser, owing to your threadbare weight. You can even rise up when using this on the ground, by mashing B a bunch. Awesome.
Sadly though, Paper Bowser is a piece of paper. He's completely flat, so spinning around is much like spinning a floppy coin, it looks silly and it doesn't hurt. It is hard to hit Paper Bowser as he spins though, most of the move has the properties of a dodge.

So what happens if you hit the foe? Well, imagine your favourite silent comedian getting caught in a revolving door. They spin around and around, unable to escape, before getting flung unceremoniously away with weak, and static, horizontal knockback.
But, just like in comedy, when Bowser finally stops spinning, the foe is left on the wrong side of the "revolving door". Now they're in the background, as if in a permenant state of spot-dodging. While not particularly inconvenienced, foes in the background cannot attack anything in the foreground, and vice versa. In order to return to the fight proper, the foe needs to perform a spotdodge or airdodge, and that's when Paper Bowser can capitalise on their moment of weakness!
And what better way to annoy the foe than to use Fortress Spin again to throw them right back into the background? Combined with smoke from his Breath Fire attack, Paper Bowser can really throw the foe offguard, making them question whether they can attack, or whether they need to spotdodge first.

But what about foes who would rather spend the entire match lounging in the background? Not a problem, Fortress Spin works even against a brother in the back, bringing them into the foreground yet again.

In fact, Fortress Spin works on just about anything smaller than him, including projectiles, summons and traps that aren't rooted to the floor. This makes the background like a second plane to fight on, especially in 2v2 when you can use Fortress Spin and a teammate to booby trap the background and discourage the enemy from spotdodging. Or send your Ally into the background so they can circle around the enemy and attack from the rear.

Bowser? Using strategy!? What an insane idea!

Downward Special: "Bowser Pound!" (3%)
Assuming a freefall stance by protruding his rear underneath him, Paper Bowser falls, intending to squash something.
Yet another staple of his great flabiness, the Bowser ground pound predates Mario's cheap immitation. This move has been his literal downfall on more than one occasion. Be thankful you workshy plumbers!

But, in yet another horribly expected twist of fate, Paper Bowser lacks the... stage presence of the real Bowser. What should have been an earth shattering plummet, is a very floaty, awkward looking drift downwards. Bonk the foe on the head with this, and they'll suffer only minor damage and a bit of a flinch. Paper Bowser on the other hand will bounce back up, even higher than his regular jumps. This move is embarrassing to say the least. A true disgrace to his lardship.

Also, because Paper Bowser is locked into this move until he hits the ground, if you attempt to turn around, Bowser will fold in half, as if he were trying to flip, but unable to do so. This is more than a visual quirk however, as folding Paper Bowser in half can trap foes currently overlapping with him. If he does succeed, Paper Bowser will roll himself up around the foe, constricting them completely. It doesn't hurt (unless Paper Bowser is on fire) but the rolled up tube of turtle can waddle around with the trapped foe, even suiciding off-stage if he so chooses. Like most suicide KOs, the trick is to build up enough damage on the foe so that they won't escape.
If Paper "Tube" Bowser is lucky enough to trip while walking, he'll land on his side and roll right off the edge of the stage, expediting the process of suiciding greatly.

This additional use may be all well and good, but what of the actual Bowser Pound? Well, if you successfully land without hitting anyone (or dieing horribly), Paper Bowser will scrunch up under his own weight, like accordian bellows. You know what one of those looks like right? Not only does this reduce his height by two thirds, but it also makes him wide enough to be in both the background and foreground symultaneously. As you may expect, any attack performed in this form will hit both playing fields at once and thoroughly trounce spotdodges. The obvious cost is that anything you put in the background via Fortress Spin can now hit Paper Bowser. His reduced vertical presence also renders him vulnerable to aerial approaches.
To fix Paper Bowser's comical shape, simply jump. This will spring Bowser much higher into the air than his usual jumps. Such a tall jump can be prove rather disasterous, but if you wait until the foe knocks you offstage before expending your "spring jump", you'll find it extremely useful.

Foreward Special: "Claw of the Koopa!" (5%)
With as much momentum as he can gather, Bowser slashes forth with paperthin claws. KSSSHHHIINNG!
Notice the pattern? You're not the only one. Bowser actually looks a bit incredulous as he slashes. And for good reason, he's just a sheet of paper. What's he going to do, give the enemy a papercut?

Yes, actually. This feeble clawing really will give the foe a little papercut. Papercuts in general are quite painful, and for brawlers, any stinging pain can come back to haunt them at the worst of times.
More specifically, if the foe suffers a papercut, there will be a 25% chance of them stuttering whenever they change animation, wasting a whole frame in lag. "Changing animation" could be anything from skidding to a halt from a dash, the very start of a jump before the foe leaves the ground, the transition between being launched and entering a "tumbling" state, landing during an aerial attack, attempting to shield. Even a lot of the attacks themselves are split up into multiple animations. There are literally 100s of chances for that 1 frame of lag to crop up. Even IDLING COMPLETELY STILL has 3 or 4 seperate animation transitions.
Papercuts are represented by a hairline fracture on that player's character portrait, and heal themselves up after 20 seconds.

That's assuming you hit the foe of course. If you flubb it, Paper Bowser will follow through on his momentum and tear his other arm off. Don't worry, he'll grow a new one in 12 seconds (and yes, limb regeneration in amphibians is a real thing).
Of bigger concern is the torn arm left on the ground. It's technically an item now, so it can be picked up and thrown by anyone(though paper does not travel very far when thrown, naturally). Fire attacks can also be used to ignite the rogue appendage, turning it into a trap, or projectile, of sorts. Basically, touching a flaming arm is like the contact damage from touching a flaming Bowser, and if you think about it, that makes perfect sense. Sadly, an arm will burn up completely after 10 seconds.
This may sound all awesome and stuff, but Paper Bowser is, after all, made of paper, and is therefore not immune to his own flaming traps. Don't touch the arm after it catches alight, and Paper Bowser will be just fine. Of course, if you're already on fire, then go ahead and ignore that advice

Final Smash:
With a Final Smash in hand, Bowser summons the book he came out of in his Entrance animation. He then frantically claws through the pages, presumably looking for something specific. If Paper Bowser is struck during this brief moment of weakness, the Final Smash ends there and then. If not, he will reach into the book and pull out the legendary Star Rod somehow!

With rod in hand (it behaves much like the battering item; "Star Rod"), not only does Paper Bowser grow to double his normal size, but he is also literally invincible, ignoring attacks as if they weren't even there. So long as he doesn't drop, throw or otherwise lose the Star Rod, he can maintain his state of invulnerability for as long as he wishes. Unfortunately, even though attacks do not phase him, they can still randomly cause Paper Bowser to drop the Star Rod. He will also drop the Rod when tripping, which tends to happen a little more frequently during the Final Smash for some reason.

The Star Rod warps away the moment Bowser drops it, signaling the end of the Final Smash

Brief Info on Character:
In the storybook world of Paper Mario, Paper Bowser is bumbling, immature... and dangerous. He will not flinch away from using a dirty trick to win, even ambushing his enemies after a grueling fight.
He relies greatly on the combined help of his minions, and especially his main lackey Kammy Koopa, to get anything done. But he also has the sense of mind to notice when things won't go according to plan.
Beyond that, this is Bowser. Business as usual; kidnap the Princess and defeat Super Mario, blah blah blah.

Works:
Paper Mario (N64)
Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door (Gamecube)
Super Paper Mario (Wii)

Submitter:
Junahu

Name:
Kudgel

Quality Picture:

Brief Info on Character:
Kudgel is a gray extremely muscular Kremling from Donkey Kong Country 2, who wields a gigantic club as large as he is. He is the only Kremling boss in any of the Country games besides K. Rool, though the fact he didn’t show up in the gameboy remake of the game Donkey Kong Land 2 and that he’s basically a recolor of Klubba makes him rather obscure. Unlike Klubba, Kudgel is an actual boss, though, who leaps around the arena causing earthquakes as he lands to stun the Kongs. Kudgel is one of the few Kremlings to get a unique voice that makes him sound more intimidating, though the fact it sounds more like roars makes one question Kudgel’s intelligence. . .

Origin:
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest

Date of Origin:
November 20th, 1995

Home Stage:
Kudgel’s Kontest

Taunts:
Taunt ^: Kudgel beats his chest and roars.
Taunt v: Kudgel turns to face the screen and flexes his muscles, snarling.
Taunt < or >: Kudgel points forward, presumably at the foe, then brings his finger menacingly across his throat while letting out a sound as if he was slitting his own throat.
Entrance: Kudgel leaps up from the bottom blast zone and up a bit higher than his spawning position, then lands down with a thunderous crash.

Kirby Hat:
Kirby gains a gray crocodile hat similar to the one he gets when he eats Yoshi. Unlike similar hats, this hat goes over Kirby’s eyes, making him look a fair bit more menacing.

STATS

Offense: 5/10
Defense: 8.5/10
Projectile: 0/10
Weight: 10/10
Speed: 3/10
Recovery: 7.75/10
Throwing Ability: 8/10
Final Smash: 9.5/10

Special Moves

Standard Special – TNT Barrel: (24%)
Kudgel leaps up Ganon’s height before falling back down to the ground – hopefully you didn’t use this off-stage. His body deals a mere 8% as he falls back down. Once he lands on the ground, a TNT barrel falls from the top blast zone before landing a bit in front of Kudgel. If it hits anyone on the way down, it explodes in an explosion the size of Bowser, dealing 24% and massive knockback. Kudgel isn’t stuck doing the jump on this move for long, but the TNT barrel takes a long time to come down. Kudgel can only have one barrel out at a time.

Once the TNT barrel is down, Klubba or the foe can pick it up like a normal barrel. If it hits anyone or anything as it rolls, it’ll explode. This is perfectly capable of hurting Kudgel just as the Kongs used it against him in his boss fight, though Kudgel has ways of minimizing this with his other specials.

There’s a 20% chance that a Red Kremling will pop their head and arms out through the top of the barrel and their feet through the bottom once the TNT barrel lands on the ground – these are called Klobbers. Klobbers will run after the nearest enemy to try to suicide bomb them and can’t be picked up like a regular barrel. While foes can jump on the head of a Klobber to force them back into the barrel for 10 seconds, if they try to pick up the barrel the Klobber will immediately come back out and prevent them from doing so.

Side Special - Impale: (12%)
Kudgel swings his massive club forwards, which is so large that it’s twice as wide as he is. Anybody he hits with this will get impaled on Kudgel’s club, taking 2% per second, and must button mash out of it like a grab. Kudgel can still move around normally during this time, though he can’t hit the foe directly. If he uses any move involving his club, the foe will get shot forward, taking 12% and decent knockback. Flung foes also deal 12% and decent knockback to any other foes they hit in mid-flight.

If Kudgel hits any enemy projectiles with his club, they will get impaled on it, and when Kudgel swings his club forward again the projectiles will go flying forwards with their original strength and power. This doesn’t work for energy based projectiles that logically can’t be impaled such as Fox’s blaster, but this move blocks such projectiles. This move is also a good defense should foes use your own TNT barrel against you.

Up Special – Earthshaker: (16%)
Kudgel leaps a bit less high than Dedede does for his recovery, then falls back downwards towards the earth with full control over his aerial influence as he does and being able to grab ledges, unlike Dedede. He does 16% and spiking knockback as he falls.

When Kudgel lands on the ground, a earthquake effect happens on the platform he’s on, stunning any foes for 1.65 seconds and dealing 16% to them. The end lag combined with Kudgel leaping up into the air prevents you from infiniting foes with this move. Needless to say it’s rather hard to hit with.

More importantly, any TNT Barrels on the ground will get shot up into the air when Kudgel uses this move, exploding on contact with any foes. After you throw a barrel at the foe/A Klobber inside it runs at them using this move can make it significantly harder to dodge. Kudgel has some control over his falling speed when he comes down, so despite the lag this move is less predictable than you’d think. Besides, if they get out of the air to avoid the barrel, they’ll just be hit by the earthquake. This move also enables you to fling a foe you’ve impaled on your club, then launch a TNT barrel in their path to explode on them if you can space both the foe and the barrel far enough away from each other so you have time to complete this move.

Down Special – Cudgel: (15%)
Kudgel turns to face the screen and smacks his club downwards at the ground. Anybody hit by this attack becomes pitfalled, similar to DK’s Side Special, and takes 15%. This is rather slow and hard to hit with, but if a foe is impaled on your club from your Side Special this move will function normally on them.

While you can’t stun a foe with your Up Special who’s pitfalled or pitfall a foe who’s stunned with your Down Special, the damage of the moves will still work and won’t bring the foe out of the stun/pitfall, giving you some good ways of racking damage. When you’re ready to finish them off, use a TNT barrel or one of your many other KO moves. If you only have time enough for one or the other, place your TNT Barrel close to the foe so when you land from your Up Special the TNT barrel is launched up and immediately goes to hit the foe.

Final Smash – Earth Shatter: (50%)
Kudgel leaps up into the air and off the top blast zone very quickly before coming back down to the earth even more quickly, causing anybody on the stage to take 50% and be stunned for 3 seconds. Anybody who hits Kudgel on the way down also takes 50% and gets spiked into the stage, where they’ll then be hit by the earthquake effect. More importantly, this causes the entire stage to shatter into pieces, leaving no ground whatsoever to stand on. Kudgel leaps back up into the air to avoid falling to his death and goes back up off the top blast zone, staying up there for 5.5-7 seconds before the stage re-forms and Kudgel lands back onto the stage.

The vast majority of the cast can’t stay in the air this long, and thus the only thing they can do to attempt to survive this is to grab onto Kudgel’s legs as he leaps off the top blast zone. To do this, they simply have to make contact with Kudgel as he goes upwards the second time, after which they’ll grab onto his legs automatically. Of course, Kudgel has full control over his aerial influence during this so he can’t be casually grabbed, and even if they do manage to grab onto Kudgel (Done by pressing any button) they best let go before he lands back on the stage or else take 50% and 3 seconds of stun. This may sound easy to do, but the fact there’s a bit of a random factor to the timer makes it harder to predict and Kudgel comes down –very- quickly.

Works:
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest (SNES)
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest (GBA)

Submitter:
MasterWarlord

MAJOR BURROWS

Major Burrows is one of Bowser’s minions, and the leader of the Monty Moles. He guards a power star in the Gusty Garden Galaxy, and attacks a star rabbit before Mario puts a stop to his military career. Later on, he challenges Mario to a rematch under the power of the Daredevil Comet, but Mario once again defeats him.

Origin: Super Mario Galaxy
Date of Origin: 2007
Home Stage: Gusty Garden Galaxy
Works:
Super Mario Galaxy (2007, Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010, Wii)

Taunt ^: Burrows holds his stomach and lets out a hearty laugh. Typical fat evil antagonist.
Taunt v: Burrows claws at the ground, sending some dirt into the air.
Taunt < or >: Major Burrows salutes. Can be fun to use in team-battles, or with Bowser in Brawl Machinima.
Entrance: Major Burrows pops out of the ground half-way, looks around, then jumps out completely.
Kirby Hat: Kirby acquires Major Burrows’ spiked helmet, and also has a few whiskers growing out of his cheeks.

Offense: 8/10
Defense: 5/10
Projectile: 5/10
Weight: 8/10
Speed: 2/10
Recovery: 4/10
Throwing Ability: 9/10

Neutral Special: Belly Flop (13%)
Burrows reaches out with both arms in attempt to grab an opponent. This starts up near-instantly and has decent range, but it has punishable end lag. If he catches someone, he holds them in a bear-hug as he jumps into the air and turns so he’s directly above his opponent. He then let’s go as the opponent drops to the ground…right before Burrows’ fat stomach lands right on top of them. This deals 13% and Burrows bounces off his belly back into a standing position a few feet away, but the opponent is left lying down. Burrows can move a moment before the opponent, allowing him to attempt to counter his opponent’s wake-up with more attacks.

Side Special: Tunnel Strike (9-12%)
Burrows dives straight into the ground beneath him, with only his helmet exposed. This has somewhat high starting lag to it so don’t try it when you’re opponent’s pressuring you. On the other hand, anyone in Burrows’ way as he dives takes 12% and receive a pitfall/spiking effect. If he dives into a drop-through platform, he will fall through it and continue falling until he hits a solid platform to dig into. You can move him around while underground, and since digging is Burrows’ natural element, he moves much faster than usual, at a 7/10 speed. Anyone who comes into contact with his spiky helmet takes 9% and are launched vertically, star KO’d at 150%.

Burrows can stay underground for 3 seconds before he has to surface for air. Alternatively, you can come out of the ground early by pressing the Special-Move button. Burrows doesn’t experience much end lag when resurfacing, making this a very safe way of approaching or retreating. Another neat trick with this move is that if you input for it while dashing, Burrows will dive forwards about a character length instead of straight down, increasing the chances of catching someone with the initial hit. One great use for this is to punish opponents who try to roll away after a Belly Flop; if you land both hits, you deal high damage if not a KO, but if you miss you’re still underground to either continue offense or retreat and recuperate.

Up Special: Cloud Tunneling (12%)
Burrows forgets how gravity works as he starts to dig upwards into the air, going up 5x his height at an OK speed. He can be directed slowly left and right while doing so. Anybody who comes into contact with his arms as he digs takes 12% and spiking knockback. This move starts up instantly but like most up-specials Burrows goes into freefall after he finished digging through the sky.

Down Special: Monty Mole Minion (5%)
This move has him whistling through his fingers…er, claws, as a Monty Mole pops out of the ground right behind Burrows and salutes. The whistling animation is a long as Olimar’s whistle. Up to 3 Mont Moles can be summoned at a time. After being summoned, the Monty Moles will scurry about the stage at a 6/10 speed, dealing 5% and tripping opponents. They will walk of platforms that have ground underneath, but if not they will turn around. Monty Moles are about the same size as Mario. Sadly, Monty Moles die from any attack, but that doesn’t change how helpful they can be. Since they trip opponents and you time to summon one after a Belly Flop, if the opponent isn’t careful they might themselves knocked back down very quickly, making them vulnerable to a Tunnel Strike.

Final Smash: Rage Mode (0%)
Major Burrows stomps the ground as his fur and helmet turn red and his eyes turn orange with RAGE, just like in his boss fight! He stays in this mode for 13 seconds. He now moves twice as fast in the ground and air, and all attacks deals slightly more knockback. His special moves are also buffed.

After grabbing an opponent with Belly Flop, Burrows throws them high into the air before gaining the strength to jump high enough to meet them in mid-air. He then swats them back to the ground, dealing 10%, before falling onto his enemy as a flaming comet, dealing an additional 17% and KOing at 60%. When performing his Tunnel Strike move, he doesn’t go in all the way. Instead, his upper half sticks out as he viciously claws at the ground to propel himself forwards. He has super armor while digging and contact with his body deals 15% while KOing horizontally at 75%. Burrows now rises twice as high during his up-special, and he rises twice as fast. Monty Moles summoned during the final smash will also be red and angry, moving twice as fast and dealing 10% instead of 5.

Submitter: Hyper_Ridley

John Marston

John Marston is the main player character and protagonist of the game Red Dead Redemption. A former outlaw, John is forced to jump into action once again when his family is taken from him by the government (who he is then forced to work for if he wants to see his wife and son again). Forced to round up his former posse, John sets off across the dying west in hopes of redeeming himself for his past crimes and reuniting with his family once again.

Origin: Red Dead Redemption (PS3/360)
Date of Origin: 2010
Home Stage: N/A
Works:
Red Dead Redemption (2010, PS3/360)

Taunt ^: John removes his hat and shakes it out in an attempt to dust it off. After a moment he puts his hat back on and fixes it with both hands.
Taunt v: John lets out a whistle and glances about as if trying to pinpoint where his horse will come from (no horse'll be comin' though. . .)
Taunt < or >: John reaches up and tilts his hat. He'll then say "Watch yourself, friend." or "Go on! Git!"
Entrance: John is on the stage, mounted on a horse. The horse will rear back and kick into the air as John jumps off. The horse will then run off screen.
Kirby Hat: Kirby will get a beard and a cowboy hat. Yeehaw!

Offense: 6/10
Projectile: 9/10
Weight: 6/10
Speed: 5/10
Recovery: 4/10

Neutral Special: Six-Shooter (2%)
John unholsters his trusty six-shooter and takes aim. If you simply tap the button, John will fire a single shot forward that deals 2% damage and flinching knockback (like Falco's laser). But if you -HOLD- the button, an aiming reticle will appear on screen. This aiming reticle moves at Fox's dash speed and can be aimmed anywhere, lasting as long as you hold the button. If you overlap an opponent with this reticle, one red X will appear on them for each half-second they're overlapped (six X's maximum). Once you release the button, John will instantly fire one shot per X on the foe, aimmed directly at the foe! These bullets travel pretty fast (about the speed of Sheik's needles) so while you can air dodge them, it'll take practice. Also, since it -IS- a six-shooter, firing six shots (whether it be at one time or over several minutes) will cause John to stop and reload his gun, leaving him vulnerable for about Falcon Punch lag.

Side Special: Lasso (1%)
John grabs his lasso and twirls it overhead for a moment before casting it forward. If the lasso connects, the opponent will be caught and will tumble over to the ground (opponent's should also keep in mind that this is a grab and can't be shielded). John now has two options here for what he can do with the lasso'd foe. His first option is that he can walk away from them. While this may sound silly, it causes John to actually drag the foe behind him where they'll take 1% damage per half second they're pulled along. The other option however is far more fun; hog-tie! Approaching the foe will cause John to say, "Sorry, friend!" as he hog-ties the opponent! Once hog-tied, John can pick up the opponent as if they were a heavy item (like a barrel) and toss them off stage! Or he could, of course, just wail on 'em while they're all tied up! If you happen to get lasso'd, you can break free from the lasso at normal grab difficulty. . .but if you're hog-tied, it becomes much harder to escape! Wriggle the control stick and jam on the buttons if you're hog-tied and picked up!

This also acts as John's only recovery option; acting as a basic tether off-stage.

Up Special: Fire Bottle (5%)
John pulls out a molotov cocktail and hurls it forward, arching it much like one of Yoshi's Eggs. If the fire bottle hits a foe in mid-air, it'll burst, dealing 5% damage and some decent upward knockback. If it happens to -MISS- an opponent however, it'll shatter on the ground; lighting the stage on fire in that spot. The fire is about the size of Kirby, so it's pretty noticeable once it's splashed down. Treading in the fire will ignite your character, dealing 2% per second you're standing in it. This also affects John however so don't just go throwing fire bottles everywhere. . .

Also keep in mind that you can drag a lasso'd opponent through the fire. . .or perhaps place a hog-tied opponent on the flames for some major damage.

Down Special: Dynamite (14%)
John's most powerful Special but also one of his most predictable and easily countered...if you're using it randomly that is. John pulls out a stick of dynamite and lights the fuse, similar to Snake's grenades. If the command is simply tapped, John will roll the dynamite along the ground. If held however, John will hang out to the stick of dynamite; capable of moving and jumping at his normal stats. The dynamite has a whopping 2.5 second fuse and, once thrown, can be picked up and thrown by John or his opponents. This of course means you'll have to be clever about chucking dynamite around, otherwise you might end up with it right back in your face! Upon exploding, the dynamite creates a Bowser sized blast that will deal high knockback and 14% damage.

Final Smash: Dead Eye (0%)
Upon shattering the Smash Orb, John will glow with great intensity! Pressing the button causes John to exclaim, "I warned you, friend!" before the entire screen goes a sepia (like those old photos) color. This is the Dead Eye; John's signature "bullet-time" mode from RDR. In this mode, everyone's speed, both movement and attacking, is halved...except for John! The bullets from his six-shooter now deal 4% per shot making it an ideal option for damage building during the Dead Eye period. You can also use this time to build up some damage with fire bottles, or even hog-tie a slowed foe and hurl them to their doom! Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end; after 11 seconds, John's Final Smash will wear off. . .

Submitter: MarthTrinity

Name:
Squitter

Quality Picture:

Brief Info on Character:
Squitter is an overgrown spider with eight shoes for each of his eight spider legs. He was an Animal Buddy in Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3, and helped the kongs by creating web “platforms” which he could then proceed to use as solid ground. There was no limit to the amount of web platforms he could have out, enable Squitter to transverse both great vertical and horizontal distances, putting Rattly and Winky who specialized in jumping out of a job.

Origin:
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest

Date of Origin:
November 20th, 1995

Home Stage:
Web Woods

Taunts:
Taunt ^: Squitter laughs a spider-esque laugh, covering his mouth with two of his legs while smacking the ground from how hard he’s laughing. He more looks like he’s cracking up from a joke or someone’s sheer stupidity than an evil laugh.
Taunt v: Squitter spins around in a circle, smiling at the camera turning the time he turns to face it.
Taunt < or >: Squitter shoots out some webbing in front of himself onto the ground that reads “DK”, then picks it up with some of his legs and shows it to the camera before stowing the webbing away.
Entrance: A crate with Squitter’s silhouette shows up where Squitter is supposed to and shakes violently before exploding to reveal Squitter.

Kirby Hat:
Rather than gaining a typical Yoshi-esque hat of Squitter’s head, 8 spider legs with Squitter’s signature shoes come out of a furry orange hat on Kirby’s head.

STATS

Offense: 2/10
Defense: 9/10
Projectile: 8/10
Weight: 10/10
Speed: 6/10
Recovery: 10/10
Throwing Ability: 7/10
Final Smash: 9/10

Special Moves

Standard Special – Web Platform: (8%)
Squitter shoots out some webbing that travels as slowly as Luigi’s Fireball in any direction you so choose (forward by default), but goes two thirds the distance of Final Destination. Contact with the webbing deals 8% and flinching. If you press Neutral B again before the projectile vanishes, the webbing will unfold out into a platform as wide as Squitter that can be stood on by both Squitter and foes. These platforms last for 20 seconds, and Squitter can have up to 3 out at a time. Squitter cannot make more than 3 platforms without going back to touch solid ground, so he unfortunately can’t stay off-stage forever. Never the less, he can stay off-stage for quite some time with a web platform perch spamming the regular version of this move to camp foes.

Side Special – Web Wall: (2%, 2%, 2%, etc)
Squitter forms a wall of webbing in front of himself as tall as Ganondorf. Anybody who comes into contact with the wall while dashing or gets knocked into it by an attack will get caught in it and have to escape with grab difficulty, which will destroy the wall in the process. Every half a second the foe is caught in the web they take 2%. Squitter can have up to 3 web walls set up at any time and they each last 45 seconds. Any projectiles fired at these webs will get caught in them and deal their damage to anybody who gets caught in the web later on. The Web Walls can be destroyed by foes and they only have a paltry 25 stamina, but if Squitter fires a projectile from his Neutral Special at the wall this will heal it for 10 stamina. Energy based projectiles like Fox’s blaster can’t get caught in the web, but the web is immune to such projectiles, absorbing them.

Up Special – Web Tether: (3-15%)
Squitter shoots a long string of webbing in any direction other than down, aiming it upwards by default. This is your standard tether recovery, though it’s faster than most and has good range. Either way, Squitter has his Web Platforms for recovery anyway. Contact with the string of webbing deals 3% and flinching.

If the string of webbing makes contact with either a Web Platform or a Web Wall, Squitter will swing forward as if he were Spider-Man, holding onto the string of webbing as he does so. Based off his momentum as he swings, Squitter can deal anywhere from 5% and tiny knockback to 15% and decent knockback that can actually KO at higher percentages. In addition, Squitter can use any of his aerials, his Neutral Special, and his air dodge as he swings about. Squitter doesn’t automatically let go while swinging and you can input left and right for him to continue swinging about using the Web Platform/Wall as an anchor. He can let go by pressing Up Special again, only to potentially immediately fire up another string of webbing at a different web platform/wall to continue swinging about the stage.

The amount this move bolsters Squitter’s aerial combat is undeniable, but a particular aerial you’ll want to take a look at is his neutral aerial. This involves Squitter turning to face the camera and extending out his legs as he goes into the background for a brief air-dodge, then attempting to grab the foe with his legs as he comes back onto the playing field. If he lands with the foe on the ground before they escape the grab, the foe takes a simple 8%. . .None too impressive. However, if you grab a foe while swinging around and then swing into a Web Wall, the foe will get ensnared in the webbing!

Down Special – Cocoon: (2%, 2%, 2%, etc)
Squitter walks around in a circle five times quickly, shooting out acid as he does so. He goes into the foreground and background slightly as he does this, preventing him from being too vulnerable during the attack’s slightly long duration. If a foe is inside of the Bowser sized circle Squitter is walking around, they’ll start getting covered in webbing. For every time Squitter walks around the circle, foes get one “layer” of webbing applied to them. Each layer slows the movement speed of foes by 20%, while the final layer covers the foe entirely in a cocoon where they must escape with grab difficulty, taking 2% per half second they’re trapped. Luckily for the foe, they’re stuck down to the stage where they were wrapped into a cocoon so they can’t be KO’d. . .Or can they?

It’s near impossible to get a foe covered in webbing if they’re not already stuck to a Web Wall, but getting just a couple layers of webbing on the foe can also be highly beneficial, as each layer of webbing increases the grab escape difficulty from a Web Wall by 20%.

In order to take advantage of a foe trapped in a cocoon, you can grab them then use your forward throw or back throw on them, which has Squitter hastily unwrap the foe from their webbing and use it spin them forwards/backwards a set distance, with them unable to do anything until they’re done spinning. This can be a great finishing KO method if you get a foe entirely wrapped up in a cocoon, and even if you can can’t you can provide extra layers of webbing with your pummel.

Final Smash – Web Weave: (?%)
Squitter starts shooting out web en mass and moving around at incredible speeds as he covers the entire stage in webbing. From here, Squitter turns his back to the camera as he proceeds to start climbing around the web, you able to control him as he climbs about in any direction freely at Meta Knight’s dashing speed. Inputting B has him fire his standard projectile in any direction dealing 8%, but you can’t turn it into a platform and instead can have as many of the projectiles on-screen as you want. Inputting A has Squitter smack the webbing that he is currently on, causing it to go into the background before bouncing back onto the stage and becoming a grab hitbox (Assuming Squitter moved away), causing anybody who comes into contact with it to get stuck there for a normal grab’s duration, taking 2% per half second as usual. Inputting Z has Squitter extend out his legs and try to grab anybody overlapping with him (Easiest to do after somebody gets stuck to the web). If he grabs anyone successfully, he can carry them around until they escape the grab, or press Z to release them early, preferably off the stage to their death while Squitter casually climbs back to safety. Squitter is invulnerable during the Final Smash and it lasts for 20 seconds.

Works:
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong’s Trouble (SNES)

Submitter:
MasterWarlord

Name: Magmortar
Quality Picture: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/uplo...67Magmortar.png

Origin: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
Home Stage: Pokemon Stadium 2
Taunts:

Taunt ^ - Magmortar leaps into the air slightly, burning with flame
Taunt > - Magmortar points a cannon forward and eggs the foe on
Taunt v - Magmortar stomps the ground twice, breathing loudly

Entrance: A waterfall of fire streams from above, and Magmortar emerges from it

Kirby Hat: Kirby gains flaming red hair, and grows cannons when using his Neutral Special

Stats:
Offense: 3/10
Defense: 9/10
Projectile: 9/10
Weight: 4/10
Speed: 3/10
Recovery: 8/10
Throwing Ability: 5/10
Final Smash: 4/10

Neutral Special - Fire Blast (6%-12%)

Magmortar fires a giant fireball from his cannons. This attack can be charged up and aimed before firing by holding down the B button, similar to Pit's arrows. Tilting the control stick can change the arc at which the Fire Blast is fired.

The Fire Blast explodes in a fireball the size of Kirby, dealing damage based on how charged it was when it was fired.

Side Special - Lava Plume (3%-6%)

Magmortar holds his cannons forward, and hot lava pours out of his cannons. This pushes foes like Mario's F.L.U.D.D. and also deals damage to foes.

If Magmortar's lava touches the stage though, it remains as a pool of lava for ten seconds. Opponents must jump over the lava, because if they walk on it, they take 6% damage and leap into the air, like Mario does in Super Mario 64.

This is also great for Magmortar's Fire Blasts, as he can fire them into the air where they're more difficult to avoid, and force opponents into the air if they want to approach him.

Up Special - Fire Jets (5%)

Magmortar's cannons flare with jet fire, and he flies in whatever direction the control stick is pointed. Bad guys in the path of his fire are pushed away by the flame, and take damage.

Magmortar can fly around in bursts, just like ROB. While he's not normally fast, he can jet around for short bursts like this, but he must wait for it to recharge to do it again, otherwise he'll run out of flame to reach the stage again with.

Down Special - Earth Power (2%, 12%)

Magmortar fires a blast of energy into the ground, and a giant pillar of stone shoots out of the ground. This pillar has about 25 stamina, and can be used for all sorts of things. Magmortar can use them as shields to fire Fire Blasts from behind, or to hit enemies into with attacks. He can also put them on the ledge, forcing foes to grab the top of the pillar in order to recover and make it harder to get back to the stage.

If Magmortar uses Earth Power while standing on lava though, it'll become a giant pillar of lava, that shoots up and scorches any enemies near it, dealing 12% damage and a whole bunch of knockback. It's also a great anti-air move for enemies who are approaching from the air, which they have to if you have lava on the ground.

Final Smash - Magma Storm (20%)

Magmortar creates a giant ring of lava with his fire powers, which begins to spin around the stage. For every pool of lava on the ground when he uses this attack, another wheel of lava is created.

These wheels of lava spin around and knock enemies back towards the stage, dealing huge damage and knockback. With two or more rings, and some lava on the ground, you can bounce opponents into the lava and back into the stage, and then back into another ring of lava and get absolutely insane damage. It takes proper set up to use well though, otherwise the enemy can easily avoid the attack.

Vergil

Vergil is the main antagonist of the game Devil May Cry 3. He's the twin brother of the main character of the series, Dante. Unlike Dante, who's laid back, cocky, and non serious, Vergil is more of a calm, cool, and serious character. He uses a sword katana known as Yamato, and he's able to perform quick and fierce slashes with it.
Works: Devil May Cry 3 (Playstation 2)
Origin: Devil May Cry 3
Date of Origin: February 17, 2005
Home Stage: Temen-ni-gru tower
Taunt ^: Vergil says, "Where is your motivation?!"
Taunt v: Vergil brushes his hair upwards, smugly.
Taunt < or >: Vergil puts his hand on his read Katana, ready to strike.
Entrance: He jumps out from the skies.
Kirby Hat: Kirby know has Vergil's hair, and katana, and he looks a lot more serious now.
Offense: 7/10
Projectile: 4/10
Weight: 5/10
Speed: 9/10

Standard Special: Summoned Swords
Vergil whips up blue magically generated swords, which fly forward a very fast speed. The range is around 3 stage builder blocks, and hitting opponents with this will deal off 5-6% damage per sword, and every 5th sword will cause the opponent to stumble back a stage builder block (all others do no knockback, not even flinching). Vergil can summon swords at around 2 per second, making this move very useful. The main drawback is that these swords hardly drain shields.

If you hold down B for a second and half, Vergil can summon a circle of swords around him, following him like a shield. Now, there are 8 swords in all, and each coming into contact will deal off 2-3% damage, with flinching knockback. The sword that hits the opponent will immediately disappear however, so use it wisely. If the sword touches any projectile, it'll take the hit for Vergil. If you press B again while the summoned swords surround Vergil, they'll disappear, and immediately will lock onto the nearest opponent within 3 stage builder blocks. They then become projectiles like the ordinary Summoned Swords, except damage and knockback wise. (5-6% x ? or 2-3% x 8 )

Side Special: Judgement Cut
Vergil sheathes his sword, saying, "This may be fun," before a dark blue orb (the size of Bowser, let's say) appears in front of him a quarter of final destination forward, and it'll continously move forward at a slow speed, as long as Vergil is still holding B. Letting go of B will cause the orb to pop, and a bunch of slashes will appear in the orbs place. Any opponent within those slashes will suffer from potentially 10 hits, each dealing off 1-2% damage, with the last slash KOing at 130% damage. Has lag comparable to Link's arrows. A very useful range move. (1-2% x 10 )
Up Special: Dark Slayer
Not an attacking move, but still pretty useful. Vergil immediately teleports to the nearest opponent within half the length of Final Destination. If there is no one within that length, Vergil immediately reappears on the same spot. There is very little lag at both ends. Alternatively, if you press a direction immediately after Vergil disappears, he can move straight in that direction. In the air, it's the same thing.(0%)
Down Special: Sword Spin
Vergil will start spinning his sword like crazy in front of him. Now, any physical attacks that hit Vergil will immediately be cancelled, and the opponent will stumble backwards a stage builder block with 5% damage. Any physical projectiles will be stopped, and Vergil will send them right back. This move can't do anything against energized projectiles however. This move has a 1 second duration, before Vergil suffers half a second of ending lag. A pretty useful move if the opponent keeps on blocking the neutral special or something. (5%)
Final Smash: Devil Trigger
Vergil lets out a, "You will not forget this devil's power...You are unworthy as my opponent." He will then transform into a demonic state, which will grant him superarmor, regenerative health at 2% per second, and his power is 1.5x the ordinary amount. Here's a pic: http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/7094/...dmc06_super.jpg
Final smash lasts 20 seconds. (0%)

Edit 1: Added an extra feature to summoned swords, and made the down special do damage. Thanks HR!

Submitter: TWILTHERO

TWILT's note: I've been wanting to make a set for this guy, but haven't gotten the ideas down for him. Anyway, hope you can enjoy this set. Oh and MT, just because I posted this set doesn't mean you still can't make that joint with me. (d)

Name:
Shotzo

Quality Picture:

Brief Info on Character:
Shotzo is an immobile, and usually indestructible cannon that hails from the Kirby Universe. As mentioned before, he usually cannot be killed. Although he is usually immobile, there have been Shotzo cannons clever enough to move through the air with the help of parasols. There has also been a vulnerable model of Shotzo with wheels installed on them, although that model is scarce. Some Shotzos will aim their barrel at Kirby, and some will just stay bolted at one angle, and fire volleys of three cannonballs on a timer. Now, this powerful war machine is joining the Brawl!

Origin:
Kirby’s Dreamland

Date of Origin:
August 1, 1992

Home Stage:
Mecheye

Taunts:
Taunt ^: Shotzo fires two blanks into the air.
Taunt v: Shotzo spins its barrel around a couple times.
Taunt < or >: Shotzo unleashes a fiery explosion around itself, which deals little damage, like one of Luigi’s taunts. 2%-3%

Kirby Hat:
Kirby turns a metallic black color, and gains a Cannon’s barrel where his mouth is supposed to be.

STATS
Offense: 1
Defense: 8
Projectile: 7
Weight: 10(Footstools deal 12+ damage)
Speed: 1 (Actually, he’s immobile)
Recovery: 10
Throwing Ability: 6
Final Smash: 7

SPECIAL MOVES

Neutral Special – Fire! (6%-8%)
Before we begin describing the move itself, I want to make something clear: SHOTZO IS IMMOBILE. The input you would normally use to move now serves as aiming for this move. Shotzo can aim in 8 directions; left, lower left, down, lower right, right, upper right, up, and upper left. Now onto the move itself.

In a slightly laggy way, Shotzo will fire a cannonball out of its barrel. It’s only about a third of the size of Kirby, but due to the way it spins as it sails through the air makes its hitbox almost as large as the puffball itself. Speaking of Kirby, the cannonball sails through the air at the same speed as his run. Holding down the special attack button will cause Shotzo to lock in on that angle for firing cannonballs, and fire 3 cannonballs with barely a pause in between, pausing for 2 seconds, then repeating the cycle. The cannonballs vanish after making contact with their target, and deal light knockback, but good hitstun.

Side Special – Stockpile Ammunition (0%/8%-11%)
Shotzo will unload itself with a quickness, stocking all the cannonballs it had in the ground underneath it. Ordinarily, this move would not do much at all if it was an ordinary platform. Under ordinary circumstances, it would create a land mine that would explode if any character but Shotzo stepped above it, with medium knockback and a mild radius. However, there is an important move reaction that will be detailed in the Down Special.

Up Special - Parasol Flight (2%-5%)
With very medium lag, a parasol will open up on top of Shotzo, and proceed to lift him up in the air Kirby’s height. This, my friends, is his silver lining. Now, this immobile character can finally deal some damage. In the air, Shotzo suddenly gains control of his movement(moving at a speed not too different from Snake’s Cypher), and can move in all directions freely. Those who aren’t attacking and touch him will take damage with light knockback. However, he cannot attack in this phase, which is unfortunate. Hitting the standard attack button will cause the parasol to release and float off into the sky. The down special and the neutral special CAN be used in the air. When Shotzo touches ground again, the parasol will automatically detatch.

Down Special – Star Block (0%/15%-32%)
This attack is only effective in the air. With surprisingly little lag, Shotzo will spawn a Star Block(About the size of a Stage Builder Block) directly underneath him. This Star Block will serve as Shotzo’s little out of reach sniping position. From here, he can plan to destroy! Anyway, the parasol will detach after creation, leaving Shotzo to do whatever he pleases on his new platform. There can be any amount of Star Blocks up on the screen at once. The blocks themselves will cripple from any attack. If a block is made on top of someone, it will eject the person to either side of the block.

If Shotzo chooses to stockpile ammunition in a Star Block, the real fun begins. The Star Block becomes a deadly Bomb Block. Same size and everything. However, if someone attacks a Bomb Block, it unleashes a string of explosions around the size of Kirby(By that I mean each short explosion is the size as Kirby), which proceed to drill in a direction determined by outside factors, dealing medium to heavy damage with medium knockback and hitstun. The explosions will move up if most of the stage is above the Bomb Block, or they will move downward if the majority of the stage is below them. They’ll move at about the speed of Kirby’s walk.

The major thing with these Star Blocks is that the chain of explosions will actually BORE THROUGH THE STAGE. The explosion chains will actually create holes in the stage that opponents can fall through and be KO’d. Meaning that these Bomb Blocks are extremely valuable, and setting them up is a must. After around 20 seconds, the holes in the stage will patch back up, forcing anyone within their confines up to the surface with a hefty 23% damage.

Final Smash – Combo Assist (13%-17%/10%-12%)
Shotzo’s final smash calls in an assist. The Arm from Combo Cannon! For those who don’t know the about Combo Cannon’s Arm, I’ll some it up. During the boss fight with the Cannon, the arm would either drop bombs on the player, or pick them up and smash them into the ground. In this Final Smash, the Arm will descend from the heavens every 3 seconds, and do either of these things. The arm is long and spindly, and has 30% HP, as the arm is out until it is destroyed or a new arm is brought in via Final Smash.

The arm’s two attacks are both in, and which one it will do is randomized. The bomb dropping attack drops a bomb only slightly larger than one of Link’s bombs, and explodes 1.5 times as big. The resulting explosion deals medium knockback and hitstun, as well as the first of the two percentages shown. The slamming into the ground attack has the arm grabbing the opponent from where they stand, and then smashing them in the ground after a brief raise into the air. The resulting collision dealing major knockback, and the second of the two percentages.

Works:
Kirby’s Dreamland (Gameboy; 1992)
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (Gameboy Advance; 2002)
Kirby Canvas Curse (Nintendo DS; 2005)

Submitter:
Koopakirby

Name:
Haunter

Quality Picture:

Brief Info on Character:
Haunter is one of the original 151 Pokemon, appearing as number 93 in the Pokedex. Otherwise known as the Gas Pokemon, Haunter's Ghost/Poison nature makes him quite mischievous and deadly.

Origin:
Pokemon Red and Green

Date of Origin:
February 27, 1996

Home Stage:
Lavender Town

Taunts:
Taunt ^: Haunter cackles menacingly.
Taunt v: Haunter fades in and out, without ever disapppearing completely. While cackling menacingly.
Taunt < or >: Haunter licks his chops. And cackles menacingly.
Entrance: Haunter appears on the stage in a cloud of purple smoke.

Kirby Hat:
Kirby gains what looks like half of Haunter's body as a hat, including everything from Haunter's upper jaw on upward. Rather erie, as it looks like there's a Haunter chewing on Kirby. And because the hat seems to be winking at you sometimes. Oh, and the hat gives Kirby the ability to use Haunter's Standard Special attack, Night Shade.

Stats:

Offense: 7/10
Defense: 4/10
Projectile: 0/10
Weight: 1/10
Speed: 7/10
Throwing Ability: 7/10
Final Smash: 6/10

Special Moves
Standard Special: Night Shade (0%)
For this attack, Haunter quickly darts into the background, which is almost completely lagless. And then. . . well, that's it. Haunter can spend up to seven seconds in the background before he's automatically forced out, but he can duck out at any time by tapping the Special button again, which is also nearly lagless. (although Haunter suffers a good deal of lag when forced out) While in the background, Haunter can move about and attack normally, but opponents cannot hit him unless they have attacks that reach into the background, and he can attack foes who visit the background for their dodges. While in the background, Haunter's dodges will be reversed in that they'll send him into the foreground (where he could be hit by opponents).

Side Special: Hypnosis (0%)
Haunter's eyes begin to glow brightly, and he raises his hands as he moves forward in a very confrontational way. Any foe who is within a two Stage Builder Block range in front of Haunter is forced into a dizzy state when this happens, and is unable to move for a full second. During this time, the Haunter player can use any of his standard attacks on the foe (although those hits aren't guaranteed), or press the Special button for Haunter's gaze to intensify further, causing the opponent to step into the background.

Foes unlucky enough to be forced into the background will remain in the background after the attack is over. Being in the background won't actually affect their movement or ability to attack. Rather, the purposes for which they use the foreground and the background are merely swapped, much like when Haunter moves into the background with his Standard Special, so foes can still move around and attack exactly as they normally would, but in a different plane. This puts foes largely at Haunter's mercy, as Haunter can move in and out of the background almost laglessly whenever he wishes, and foes can only exit the background by spot- or air-dodging, which deposit them in the foreground, but are very laggy about it, and allow Haunter to punish the foe with just about anything he wants. Haunter can chuck foes into the background, then mirror their movement in the foreground and occasionally jumping into the background to attack. This creates a lot of pressure on the opponent to escape, and can lead to a lot of mistakes that Haunter can punish.

Up Special: Destiny Bond (3%)
Haunter halts his movement for a moment, and then his hands fly forward in any direction, indicated by a tap of the analog (a 45 degree upward angle by default), travelling a length of 1.5 Ganondorf-heights at Captain Falcon's dash speed before stopping and returning to Haunter. If they make contact with a fighter, they'll latch on to the opponent's shoulders (or shoulder equivalent) and deal 3% damage and flinching knockback. And then just stay there. While the hands are attached, Haunter can press Up Special at any time to instantly teleport to the location of the foe (although this will cause the hands to release and return to Haunter), or, by holding the Grab input and inputting any direction, use a throw on the opponent to end the move and recall his hands. This isn't a particularly fast move, so you're going to have to be smart to land it.

Down Special: Dark Pulse (0%)
Haunter cackles maniacally as a ring of blackness shoots out from his body and covers an area of roughly 2/3 of a SmartBomb radius. This orb is completely black, and it is completely impossible to see anything inside. Haunter can only have two of these zones on teh stage at any one time, and this move is somewhat laggy, so creating them isn't easy, but the invisibility benefits Haunter much more than it does other foes. This is because it is not immediately obvious whether a fighter is in the background or the foreground, unless you have been keeping track, or pause and look at your fighter closely. Haunter can knock foes into the background inside a blacked-out area, or swap himself back and forth, and odds are that no-one will be the wiser. Haunter can also use his Dark Pulse as a place to launch his other attacks from, such as Destiny Bond.

Final Smash: Nightmare (20%+)
The camera zooms in on Haunter as he unleashes an extremely menacing cackle and rushes forward at about 1.5x Sonic's dash speed as foes are stunned and unable to move. As soon as Haunter strikes a foe, he vanishes, and they fall asleep, only to twitch and spasm in the throes of the evil vision Haunter is giving to them. The foe is completely helpless during the attack, and must escape at 6x normal grab difficulty. They are dealt 4% damage a second, and it is completely impossible for them to escape before five seconds, so you've got a guaranteed 20% damage dealt, plus potentially, much much more.

Works:
Pokemon Red and Green (GameBoy)
Pokemon Stadium (Nintendo64)
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (NintendoDS)

Submitter:
Mycroft

Egg Mech

Works:
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis)
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (WiiWare/PSN/XBLA)

Origin: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis)
Release Date of Origin: November 20th 1992

Brief Info on Boss: The Egg Mech, also known as the Giant Mech, is the final boss of both Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog 4. It is considered one of Dr. Eggman's most powerful creations and is piloted by the mad doctor himself. In Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic was forced to fight this massive machine without the use of Rings, making the boss incredibly difficult. To add to the difficulty, Sonic could only attack the mech's cockpit when he wasn't at risk of jumping into the razor sharp claws on the mech's arms. The boss returns in Sonic the Hedgehog 4 where the fight has a few new attacks (and the added help of Rings).

Health:
Easy: 800%
Normal: 1000%
Hard: 1200%
Very Hard: 1400%
Intense: 1700%

Details of Boss Movement: The Egg Mech moves at a rather slow speed for the most part, either walking menacingly towards or away from the player character at about the speed of Porky's normal walk. However, once his health gets to about half health, he'll occassionally bound across the stage in one giant leap. This isn't so much an attack, but if you're under the mech when it lands, you'll be pitfalled and take 12% damage. Note that, because this is a large walkoff stage you fight the Egg Mech on, he'll never leap off the stage or anything like that. You'll also have plenty of room to leap over the Egg Mech if worst comes to worst (as there's no ceiling).

Attack #1: Rocket Punch (Easy-Intense)
The Egg Mech pauses in place and extends both arms out before it. A moment later, the two fists will rocket off his arms in the general direction of your character at Captain Falcon's dash speed. This deals considerable upward knockback and a damaging 15%; fortunately, Egg Mech can't use this attack again for at least a second and a half for his arms to return. On higher difficulties, the fists will be shot off almost instantly and reattach with far less lag. As the mech takes more damage, it will try and mix things up by firing the fists at different angles instead of side-by-side. Because of this, it's very possible to be hit by both fists after being knocked up by the first.

Attack #2: Burst Tackle (Easy-Intense)
Eggman exclaims from inside the mech, "All systems, full power!!" as the thrust on the back of the mech fires up. About a second later, Egg Mech will rocket across the stage at incredible speed! This move CANNOT be shielded/side-step dodged or even air dodged. The only surefire way to avoid this attack is to leap over the Egg Mech as it rockets towards you. If this move connects, it'll almost surely be an insta-KO as it deals insane horizontal knockback. Fortunately, once the Egg Mech has dashed past you, it takes a few seconds for Eggman to sort out the controls leaving him totally vulnerable to a beating. At higher difficulties, the Egg Mech will skid to a halt after it passes you then turn around and dash again. It will do this up to three times.

Attack #3: Atomic Collider (Normal-Intense)
Eggman lets out a hearty laugh before crying out, "Get a load of this!" The Egg Mech will then rocket upwards off stage. A small target will appear on your character, following them everywhere. Slowly, the target will grow larger and larger. After about five seconds, the target will freeze where you are (or were) and the Egg Mech will come rocketing downward! If you're hit by the falling Egg Mech, you'll be spiked downward and take 20%. If the Egg Mech lands on you, you'll be pitfalled and will take 25%. If you manage to dodge however. . .you'll still have to jump the shockwaves created by the impact; they travel out to both sides and will deal 10% and tripping.

Once Egg Mech has taken a lot of damage, this attack will actually break chunks out of the arena!! If you're caught under the Egg Mech when it falls, it will almost certainly be an instant stock loss as you'll be pushed through the stage!

Attack #4: Shock Generator (Easy-Intense)
Despite appearing on all difficulties, this move will only occur once the Egg Mech is at half health. Eggman will appear to be shocked and yell, "What?! This can't be happening!" as the Egg Mech starts to spark and coursing with electricity. Touching the Egg Mech with any physical attacks will deal 5% and light knockback, meaning that only projectiles will be able to harm the mech without harming the user. Every 15 seconds this electricity will turn on and off; finish him off while he's not electrically charged! On higher difficulties, the Egg Mech will use these attacks in conjunction with his other attacks. His Rocket Punch and Burst Tackle will leave electrical trails behind him that will damage you much like PK Thunder's tail. Fortunately these trails don't last long. . .

Attack #5: Egg Oblivion (Very Hard-Intense)
Eggman's last ditch effort attack, the Egg Mech will only use this attack once its health has dropped to zero. Upon reaching zero health, the Egg Mech will begin to smoke and many small explosions will blow pieces off of it. Eggman however. . .will laugh?! In one last attack, the Egg Mech will leap a short distance into the air and collide with the stage, self-destructing in the process. This explosion will instantly destroy the -ENTIRETY- of the stage, KO'ing any characters in the process. Obviously if you have some Stock left, this isn't a huge deal. . .but in Boss Battles or if you're at only one Stock left?

Despite seeming incredibly powerful, this attack is insanely easy to counter. Simply attack the Egg Mech once before he touches the ground. Any attack will do so ideally. . .use a fast one. Hitting the Egg Mech in mid-air will cause it to explode (dealing no damage to you) and will end the boss fight!

Name:
King Gohnad (Armored Monster with Crippling Weakpoint)

Quality Picture:
http://www.indiegames.com/blog/gallery/tlp.../tlprince2w.png

As a boss from an Indie game, the only available images of King Gohnad, are screenshots

Works/Origin:
Legend of Princess

Release Date of Origin:
January 24 2009

Brief Info on Boss:
King Gohnad is a massive dungeon dwelling behemoth who attacks our main hero; Bind. As a giant horned beetle creature, King Gohnad can breath/spit fire, regurgitate animated skulls, summon bats, tunnel underground, and send shockwaves across the floor. He's also almost impervious to damage, thanks to his tough armored exoskeleton.
But, like all bosses, Gohnad has a crippling weakpoint; the gelatinous orb inside his mouth.

Health:
(King Gohnad takes quadruple damage from attacks hitting his weakpoint. There's also another way to defeat him, without exhausting his massive health. But of course, if you ever want to get his Trophy, you'll have to deplete his health anyway)
Easy: 1400HP
Medium: 2400HP
Hard: 4000HP
Very Hard: 6500HP
Intense: 10000HP

Details of Boss Movement:
The fight takes place on a long open platform, with edges either side to fall off of. There is also a low ceiling across the stage, making it nearly impossible to jump over King Gohnad. If the player strays too far from the boss, he will walk towards the player, until they are back in his range. He will also take a single step forwards, every 3 seconds that go by without the player attacking him. To avoid him simply running you off the stage, the player will need to attack him periodically. Occasionally (during certain boss attacks) King Gohnad will open his mouth, revealing his squishy weakpoint within. If enough damage is dealt to the weakpoint, before he closes his mouth again (12% on easy, which is 48% when you factor in the 4x damage multiplier for hitting his weakpoint), King Gohnad will collapse on the ground, leaving his weakpoint open for further beating. While stunned, every hit forces King Gohnad to retreat, the distance he steps back varies with the strength of the attack that hit him. If the player manages to get him to retreat off the edge of the stage, he will fall to his death, ending the Boss fight, regardless of how much health he had left at the time.

Attack #1:
King Gohnad rears up, before slamming down, sending a tremendous shockwave across the entire surface of the stage. This tall shockwave, along with dealing severe damage, repels the player a long distance, bringing them much closer to their edge of the stage. The further away from Gohnad the shockwave travels, the lower and weaker it becomes. While it may be tempting to retreat to a safer position when this attack is unleashed, so you can just hop over the shockwave, this gives Gohnad the opportunity to gain ground on you, and push you closer to the edge of the stage.

Attack #2:
King Gohnad opens his mouth, revealing his tempting weakness and coaxing the player in. Surprise! The weakpoint launches out towards the player and smacks them away! The sheer distance this attack can hit from, makes it difficult to avoid without retreating, but a well timed spot dodge is all you need. If you're skilled enough, you can hit the weakpoint with a strong enough attack to stun it, while it's shooting towards you

Attack #3:
King Gohnad buries himself underground, dissappearing from sight. For the next 3 seconds, somewhere on the stage there will be King Gohnad's weakpoint, poking out of the soil. If the player deals any damage to it, it will retreat, and King Gohnad will reemerge from the exact point he initially dug in from. If the player fails to reach the weakpoint in time, King Gohnad will reemerge there. If at that point, King Gohnad is closer to the edge than the player, he will bulrush to the very center of the stage, knocking any player in his path flying.

Attack #4:
King Gohnad opens his mouth, and spews a toxic haze in front of him. While easy enough to avoid, if you want to hit his weakpoint, the player will have to brave the fumes in order to get close enough. The gas deals severe poison type damage over time, worsening in effect the closer to King Gohnad the player approaches.

Attack #5:
King Gohnad rears up and opens his mouth, dribbling flames from his jaw in anticipation of his next attack. After a short pause, King Gohnad launches three balls of fire from his mouth simultaneously, though in various random arcs. If any ball hits, the player will be ignited, taking constant damage for a time and being forced to continually dash around. King Gohnad typically follows this attack up with Attack #1

Submitter:
Junahu

Pokémon Name: Tauros

Pokémon Number: #128
Generation: 1st Generation
Appearance Rate: Uncommon
Pokémon Attack: Tackle
Attack Style: Physical
Attack Description: When summoned from a Pokeball, Tauros will let out a loud moo and charge directly across the stage. Contact with this Tauros will deal 15% damage and moderate upward knockback. Approximately three seconds after the first Tauros runs off stage, a whole hoard of Tauros will stampede across. This hoard of Tauros acts much like Piplup, sweeping opponents off the stage if they're caught in the rush (and dealing 3% per half-second they're caught in the herd). This attack is much easier to avoid on stages with higher platforms, but on stages like Final Destination, you'll have to time your jumps carefully so as not to get swept away. If the Tauros or the group of Tauros reach a wall, they'll glance about confused for a while before vanishing in a puff of white smoke.

Information on Pokémon: Tauros is the Wild Bull Pokemon, a rare Normal-type who, in the original games, only appeared hidden very well in the Safari Zone. Tauros are well known for being highly aggressive and violently headbutting/tackling potential threats. Tauros is notable for being one of the few non-legendary 1st Gen Pokemon to not recieve a pre-evolution or an evolution and remains that way even into 5th Gen (despite their being a bull who looks rather similar to him there).

Name: Bully
Quality Picture:

Works: Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64)
Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo DS)
Origin: Super Mario 64
Release Date of Origin: June 23, 1996 (Japan), September 29, 1996 (American)
Brief Info on Enemy:
Bullies are black, spherical creatures that live in hot, harsh environments, such as Lethal Lava Land. There are a subspecies that live in the frozen tundra, but that is unrelated. These creatures tend to have a harsh temper, and deal with their aggression by trying to push Mario off cliffs and into scalding hot lava. Bullies, however, cannot cope with the fiery hot substance as well as Mario can, and are easily defeated if pushed into the lava themselves. They are thought to serve Big Bully, a larger Bully, and one with a larger temper. In the latest Mario releases, they seem to have been replaced with Topmen.
Health: 100% (Easy)
120% (Medium)
150% (Hard)
200% (Very Hard)
225% (Intense)
Mode of Travel: Aimless wandering around a platform, never leaving the platform.
Attack Method:
Bullies will do a short hop if they see a player character in front of them, and will then charge forward, dealing about 2-9% damage depending on the difficulty level, along with large knockback.
NOTE: BULLIES HAVE GARGANTUAN HP. IT IS ADVISED TO SNEAK UP ON ONE AND ATTEMPT TO HIT IT OFF ITS PLATFORM AND INTO A HAZARD RATHER THAN ATTACK IT DIRECTLY.
Submitter: Koopakirby

Name: San Luis River

Origin: Red Dead Redemption (PS3/360)
Date of Origin: May 18th 2010
Works: Red Dead Redemption (PS3/360, 2010)
Home Stage of: John Marston

Brief Info on Stage: The San Luis River is the setting of the "We Shall Be Together In Paradise" mission in Red Dead Redemption. Located on the boarder of America and Mexico, John Marston and his companion Irish rafted down the river in order to enter Mexico. Along the way, they were attacked numerous times by hostiles who attacked the two with a hail of gunfire and dynamite. John managed to successfully defend the rafter however and the two made it safely to Mexico.

Layout of the Stage: The layout of the stage is fairly basic. It's a long raft that vaguely resembers the one in the SSE level with Fox and Diddy (except slightly larger). To the far right of the raft is a stack of crates that can be climbed on (but not moved). This stage also makes considerable use of swimming! Despite the fact that you're on a raging river, the water is not instant death. . .however. . .the raft is constantly moving to the left of the screen. If you happen to get hit by the raft, you'll instantly be spiked downwards. The left and right blast zones are fairly far from the raft however which gives you excellent swimming opportunities. This stage, much like Battlefield, has a constantly changing time of day/night.

Hazard 1: Dynamite
Sometimes during the Brawl, you'll see some men run up to the shore in the background. These men will begin hurling sticks of dynamite at the players in an attempt to blow them off the raft! If the dynamite makes direct contact with a player, it'll explode instantly, dealing 14% and high knockback. If it misses however, it'll land on the raft where it can be picked up and thrown either at opponents or off the boat. These men will obviously stop throwing dynamite once they've scrolled off screen.

Hazard 2: Oil Lamps
On both sides of the raft there are two oil lamps hanging on hooks. These lamps can be knocked loose with most attacks and, when they fall, will shatter on the ground and burst into flames. These flames will burn characters for about 2% for as long as they stand in it...and what's worse, the flames will actually stick to you, dealing constant damage! So how do you put out flames? Rolling is one but. . .don't forget you're fighting on a river. Oh and also keep in mind that, since this stage has passing time...destroying the lamps will obviously make it darker and harder to see the action at night!

Hazard 3: Gunners
Much like the dynamite men, sometimes men with rifles will be seen on shore! These guys will take steady aim at one of the characters (a crosshair will appear over them) and attempt to blast them off the raft! Fortunately, the crosshairs are pretty slow and easy to dodge...but they will deal about 10% and good knockback if the hit! Like the dynamite men, they'll vanish when the stage scrolls past them.

Name: Arich’s Ambush

Origin: Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble (SNES)
Date of Origin: November 19th, 1996
Works: Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble (SNES), Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble (GBA)
Home Stage of: Squitter

Brief Info on Stage: Arich’s Ambush is the home of Arich, a gigantic spider boss. In order to defeat Arich, players would have to jump on the branches on the sides of the arena then jump up onto Arich as he came down to attack the player, then pick up the barrel off his back and launch it at him. While Arich never recurred outside remakes of the game, another similar spider boss showed up later in Donkey Kong 64 as a mini-boss in Fungi Forest.

Layout of the Stage: This stage only has a top blast zone similar to Shadow Moses Island, with the trees on either side of the arena blocking the arena in. If the walls take enough damage they’ll be knocked down like the walls on Shadow Moses and create side blast zones, and while they have more health they take damage from having foes knocked into them. This prevents Dedede from having an infinite chain-grab against the walls and other similiar abuse. On the other hand, projectiles do nothing to the tree walls. The tree walls do not stay down when destroyed, eventually regenerating after 30 seconds. Arich hangs at the top of the stage from a string of webbing as a background object most of the time, but he has several attacks that make up the hazards of the stage.

Hazard 1: Webbing Pellets
Arich shoots down 3 pellets made of webbing from his mouth that deal a mere 5% and flinching and travel around at Mario’s dashing speed, but ricochet off the walls and don’t vanish after hitting victims. They’ll ricochet around for quite some time before finally going back off the top blast zone from whence they came unless you destroy the walls.

Hazard 2: Arich’s Ambush
Arich drops down into the arena, his whole body a very large hitbox that does 15% and some decent knockback. This is a fairly common attack, but very telegraphed and Arich stays down only briefly before goes back up to his idle position, no longer being a hitbox.

Hazard 3: Web Weave
This is very rare – Arich weaves a web covering the top blast zone, causing anybody who comes in contact with it to get stuck against it and have to escape from it at grab difficulty, taking 2% per half-second they’re caught in the web. This prevents any KOs from being made off the top blast zone, and forces you to take down the tree walls to either side of the arena. As an easter egg, Squitter, the character whom this stage belongs to, can use his Up Special on the webbing as if it was one of his Web Platforms to swing around. In any case, eventually the webbing gives in after 20 seconds and it falls down to the floor. If you get hit by it as it falls you’ll be trapped in webbing for the usual grab difficulty and taking 2% per half second, but it’s easy to air-dodge as it falls down.

Hazard 4: Devour
Arich only uses this attack if somebody gets caught in the webbing he makes blocking off the top blast zone. He’ll go over to them and spin them up into a cocoon of webbing before devouring them for an instant KO no matter their percentage. This takes roughly 2 seconds for Arich to complete, but if they have a high enough percentage it’ll be too hard to escape in time, meaning KOs are still technically possible with the webbing blocking the top blast zone even if you don’t destroy one of the tree walls.

Submitter: MasterWarlord

Name: Gangplank Galleon

Origin: Donkey Kong Country
Date of Origin: November 24th, 1994
Works:
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Donkey Kong Land 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest (Gameboy)
Home Stage of: King K. Rool

Brief Info on Stage: Gangplank Galleon is one of the main means of transportation for King K. Rool and his Kremlings, and he used it in the first Donkey Kong Country game to travel across the seas and invade DK Island. After news of the Kremlings being defeated on DK Island reached K. Rool’s ears (Or lack thereof), he boarded the Gangplank Galleon and set sail to put Donkey Kong on his place, which resulted in the final boss battle of the game. K. Rool was of course defeated, though later on he managed to kidnap DK in the sequel to the game. In this sequel, Diddy and Dixie stow away on the Gangplank Galleon to chase the Kremlings back to their homeland, and as such the Gangplank Galleon is the first world of the game.

Layout of the Stage: The stage takes place at the front of the where the steering wheel is located, with the Krow’s Nest towering far up above the Top Blast Zone. The steering wheel of the ship is located on the right, with a Final Destination’s worth of room separating it from the Krow’s nest on the left, which acts as a wall. The Krow’s Nest blocks the left and prevents any kills that way, but there is a blast zone off to the right (The water isn’t on-screen due to the ship’s massive size) and top. The top blast zone for the stage is very high-up, meaning most KOs will be off the blast zone to the right.

Hazard 1: Kruncha
A massive bulky blue Kremling with a Pirate Bandana comes in from the background and proceeds to patrol the stage left and right a bit slower than Ganondorf’s dashing speed. Contact with him does only 10% and average knockback, but if you attack him he turns red and moves twice as fast and becomes twice as powerful briefly – no attacks are capable of killing him, it seems. . .

Hazard 2: Krow’s Nest
This only happens when somebody attacks the Krow’s Nest or is knocked into it by an attack (Preventing chain-grabs on the wall) – which angers Krow, the gigantic bird who reigns in said Krow’s Nest. Krow comes down from his nest holding a gigantic egg the size of Bowser, flapping up next to the top blast zone. He proceeds to follow whoever attacked/knocked a person into the Krow’s Nest’s horizontal position before dropping down a gigantic egg onto them that deals 20% and large knockback. While the egg has a slow falling speed, it bounces around a bit after landing, during which it still deals 10% and average knockback. If it hasn’t been destroyed by coming into contact with someone, the egg can be picked up as a heavy throwing item like Bonsly once it stops bouncing, shattering on impact. Throwing this at Krunchas is the only way to kill them, unless you have items on and throw a barrel at them. Krow will only come down from the arena once every 30 seconds at most if you just poke the nest occasionally, but if you attack the nest repeatedly (Probably chain-grabbing somebody against it), he will come down as soon as 15 seconds after he last did.

Hazard 3: Steering Wheel
It should be noted that the Gangplank Galleon is actually sailing along during the fight, but it’s just a background detail. . .Unless you go over and attack the steering wheel, causing it to go off course and potentially bump into various rocks and such, causing the stage to tilt about slightly and cause a slight earthshaking effect on the ground that does 8% and weak upward knockback. Waves also occasionally come up from the right towards the left, pushing characters towards it similar to FLUDD but a decent bit more powerful. Attacking the wheel again only has a 20% chance to set it straight again rather than just setting it off on a different chaotic course. If you want the ship to stay on course, then don’t bother killing the Krunchas, as if the ship goes off-course they will rush over to the wheel at their maximum dashing speed (Still with regular power though) and grab a-hold of the wheel to set it back on course over 2 seconds.

Hazard 4: Kreepy Krow
If you somehow can manage to hit Krow when he comes out at the top blast zone, much less deal 50 damage to him, you can kill him. The most feasible way of doing this is to throw one of his eggs back up at him, as they have tremendous range when thrown. Regardless of his health this will finish him, but good luck keeping an egg around long enough to throw it up at him. After you kill him, Krow will fall off into the sea in the background, seemingly dead. . .But 3-5 minutes later, Krow will come back from his watery grave as a ghost. While he will still pursue people who dare to disturb the Krow’s Nest normally, every 30-45 seconds he’ll specifically go to attack the player who killed him regardless of whether or not they attacked the Krow’s Nest.

Submitter: MasterWarlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom