• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Awww, my moveset must suck then :p
I wouldn't know.

I was busy involuntarily ejecting the contents of my stomach on it to really get a good look at it. :bee:

Seriously though. While I may condemn your choice of subject matter, the moveset itself is fine and dandy (though I, too, am disgusted by the CODEC conversation). Also I'm just a cool kid on the internet, and have no idea what I'm talking about, so you can always ignore me if it suits you.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
nakedsnake, if you do Hannah Montana I am leaving these boards. FOREVER.

in all honesty, the reason i was more active in MYM 2.0 and made more movesets was because nothing was extremly stupid. The "stupid" things worked very well and were original (Meme Man!)

now in this thread I see stuff like Ed Edd and Eddy, Drake and Josh, and LOLCat..... I wish they were joke movesets

Sorry if any one gets offended by this, its just my opinion.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
in all honesty, the reason i was more active in MYM 2.0 and made more movesets was because nothing was extremly stupid. The "stupid" things worked very well and were original (Meme Man!)

now in this thread I see stuff like Ed Edd and Eddy, Drake and Josh, and LOLCat..... I wish they were joke movesets

Sorry if any one gets offended by this, its just my opinion.
I know what you're saying. I kind of like the joke ones though...it lets people pull a Sakurai and but a stupid character into the game! *cough*ROB*cough*....

SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE (Specifically at Agi) : CRITIQUE MY TY MOVESET PG. 137....

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
...I'm in awe.

But not so much so as to be rendered speechless. I'd rather have seen Harry cast another spell for his Side Special (he never really pranks people in the books, or anything), where's a broomstick for his Up Special, and...the Final Smash..................................too much talking. Otherwise I liked it, though to be honest, it was a bit on the long side.

Agi

Smash Lord
@Bkupa

Please, in the future just link to the post.

@PkSkyler

LOLcat was mine... :, (
...and I thought it turned out well. Do you have any idea how long it took to go through all those pictures? Each one had to be quality tested and balanced against other comparable pictures. And in case you forgot, Weird Al Yankovic placed in the top 10 in MYM2. "Stupid" movesets are fun to read, fun to write, and are creative. I just have a vendetta against Hannah Montana. (even typing her name creeps me out.)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
...I'm in awe.

But not so much so as to be rendered speechless. I'd rather have seen Harry cast another spell for his Side Special (he never really pranks people in the books, or anything), where's a broomstick for his Up Special, and...the Final Smash..................................too much talking. Otherwise I liked it, though to be honest, it was a bit on the long side.
I know he doesn't prank people, but if he gets another spell, it takes away the uniqueness of his neutral B (which is his signature attack). Although the final smash will change, and he'll use the broomstick (but not as a special)

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Phew....there. i added the grabs and changed the codec. Sorry if anyone was freaked out or offended

and Movesets in Make your move are suppose to be random

SirKibble

Smash Champion
@Various Recent Things

Please don't quote whole posts, even if they're yours. This is why I'm against "Reserved for..." posts, people wonder why their moveset isn't getting attention... It's 10 pages back by the time you finish it!! Duh... That's what you get for trying to get people hyped about your character before you've even done anything...

DISCLAIMER: The previous paragraph was not directed at anyone in particular, and should be, for all intents and purposes, be considered a rant.

Oh, and I lol'd at Hannah Montana being a clone of Sandbag.

And I agree, we get some pretty bizarre submissions, but oh well. I prefer to stick to video game characters (oh, except I did do the Chosen One this contest...), but whatever floats people's boats, I guess.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
@Bkupa

Please, in the future just link to the post.

@PkSkyler

LOLcat was mine... :, (
...and I thought it turned out well. Do you have any idea how long it took to go through all those pictures? Each one had to be quality tested and balanced against other comparable pictures. And in case you forgot, Weird Al Yankovic placed in the top 10 in MYM2. "Stupid" movesets are fun to read, fun to write, and are creative. I just have a vendetta against Hannah Montana. (even typing her name creeps me out.)
Sorry if your mad, I just thought it was really a dumb idea, but as a moveset there was nothing wrong with it or anything, it was pretty good.

Yeah they do/can take a lot of work, but something about completley werid/random just doesnt do it for me. I can only take a little bit-moderatly weird/random, ussually.

And I hated weird Al and didnt vote for him....I think.

On a side note, Im glad ROB is in Brawl, but Id rather have Mewtwo.

And I agree, we get some pretty bizarre submissions, but oh well. I prefer to stick to video game characters

Im pretty much like you, I ussually dont say anything when I see a weird submission, for some reason I did this time...

And Servbot is completly random and crazy but hes from a video game and he was in a fighting game which is why I did him.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
And I agree, we get some pretty bizarre submissions, but oh well. I prefer to stick to video game characters (oh, except I did do the Chosen One this contest...), but whatever floats people's boats, I guess.
Well i would do a video game submission, but all the good ones are takem

Anyway, i hope to do a video game moveset next *yawn* hopefully

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Well i would do a video game submission, but all the good ones are takem

Anyway, i hope to do a video game moveset next *yawn* hopefully
Watch any anime? Other than Bleach and Naruto, most anime have plenty of potential characters that haven't been taken. Random game enemies also work.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Watch any anime? Other than Bleach and Naruto, most anime have plenty of potential characters that haven't been taken.
alright thanks (although i have done 2 video game entrys already)

anyother response to Drake and Josh? i changed the Drakes aeriel attacks and joshs too. I also changed the codec. (please, don't give responses like "but the character idea is stupid" please. Pkskyler kinda put me down a bit. though no actual offense to Pkskyler)

I do random entrys, but i try my best to makr them not so random.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
anyother response to Drake and Josh? i changed the Drakes aeriel attacks and joshs too. I also changed the codec. (please, don't give responses like "but the character idea is stupid" please. Pkskyler kinda put me down a bit. though no actual offense to Pkskyler)

I do random entrys, but i try my best to makr them not so random.
sorry man. I feel kinda bad now T-T

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I've decided to go ahead and whip out my second Pokemon. I present...

He's fat, has a big mouth, and a bunch of holes! America Hippowdon joins the fray!

Stats
Power: 5
Speed: 1.25
Size: 5
Weight: 5
Range: 4
Jump: 2
Crawl: No
Wall Cling: No
Wall Jump: No
Glide: Ummm... No.

Overview
Here's a good way to sum up Hippowdon: Four-legged Ganondorf. Big and slow with a bunch of powerful moves. Nothing really fancy about him. When he walks, sand flies behind him similar to how Ivysaur sheds leaves and Pit leaves behind feathers.

Visuals
Basic Pose: Just stands, moving his mouth slightly in a chewing motion.
Walking: Walks slowly. As he walks, his head sways side to side.
Running: Walks faster, his head no longer moving.
Dashing: Dashes forward, jumping up for each step.
Crouching: Sits
Jumps 1: Rears back, then leaps up.
Jump 2: Same, but in the air, obviously.
Shield: Closes his eyes

Tilts
A: Hits with the side of his mout
Forward Tilt: Turns his head and bites
Up Tilt: Opens his mouth quickly. His top jaw hits enemies.
Down Tilt: Spins around a few times, bashing with his head.

Smashes
Forward Smash: Rears back his head and headbutts
Up Smash: Fires a big burst of sand from one of his holes
Down Smash: Fires a short burst of sand from all his holes.

Aerials
Neutral Air: Spins forward a few times, sending sand out around him. The sand does damage, but getting hit by Hippowdon does more damage.
Forward Air: Does a powerful headbutt
Back Air: Waggles his tail, which hita multiple times.
Up Air: Fires a big burst of sand, which propels Hippowdon downward.
Down Air: Stomps down with all four feet. Meteor Smash.

Throws
Grab: Chomps the enemy, trapping them in his mouth
Grab A: Bites down
Forward Throw: Flings them out of his mouth
Back Throw: Flings them out of his mouth behind him, then mules kicks them.
Up Throw: Tosses them into the air, then blasts them with sand.
Down Throw: Lets them out gently... THEN BODY SLAMS 'EM!!!

Specials

B: Sandstorm
Chargeable. Hippowdon opens his mouth. When you release the button, Hippowdon fires a cloud of sand that pushes enemies away like FLUDD or Water Gun, but does damage in the process. The charge can be kept. When fully charged, Hippowdon leaks more sand than normal.

Side B: Stone Edge
Large rocks fire up from the ground in front of Hippowdon. Has a ton of range, but is very laggy. The stones send opponents flying vertically.

Up B: Earthquake
Hippowdon flies up spinning and slams down in a similar fashion of Bowser's Side B, sending out massive shock waves. The shock waves diminish with range. The shock waves cover about 1/3rd of Final Destination.

Down B: Sand Tomb
Hippowdon makes a vortex of sand around him. By rapidly pressing B, the vortex gets higher and higher. It blocks weak projectiles. At the peak, the vortex can be about as tall as Giga Bowser. Deal multiple hits.

Final Smash: Fissure
Hippowdon slams down and makes a huge crack in the ground that reaches about as far as MK's Final Smash. If it hits, it goes into a cutscene. Hippowdon rears up and flings the enemy into the air, then slams them into the fissure. The enemy dissapears, and are automatically respawned. Yes, it is an OHKO.

Other

Entrance: Appears from a whirling tornado of sand

Taunt 1: Opens his mouth and stomps the ground a few times, roaring.
Taunt 2: Wags his tail and smiles
Taunt 3: Stomps down once, and roars, shaking his head around.

Victory Pose 1: Gives out a mighty roar that shakes the screen.
Victory Pose 2: Stomps around, roaring, then a Master Ball flies on to the screen. Hippowdon gets a serious WTF face, then dissapears into the Master Ball.
Victory Pose 3: Stomps many times, then leaps up and slams down hard, creating a crack on the screen.

Alt. Costumes:

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
sorry man. I feel kinda bad now T-T
Hey, don't worry about it
too much
, though i really like to do random characters.
The joke about Hannah Montana being a sandbag cheered me up a bit so don't worry. i actualy have plans to do a anime character
from naruto
and a video game character
from fire emblem. yes i realize this is my third fe entry
. Though i'll have a rough time doing it since my school starts next week >.>

@ teh commmander: Huge lol at the title. Nothing seems broken so far and those are interesting ways to use pokemon attacks.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@MasterWarlord: About your K. Rool moveset, I do have a complaint regarding his fall speed.

MasterWarlord said:
Fall Speed: 2/10 - He's really, REALLY heavy, especially with that breastplate armor he's got on.
If his fall speed is 2/10, then he'd be a slow faller, which goes against your description. You should raise the rating to either 8/10, 9/10, or 10/10 if he truly is gonna fall at a high speed.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
(Yes, my second moveset done. Two things that I feel I must mention. First, the reason all of the attack names are one word is to represent the simplicity of a child. Second, I was gonna do The Abandoned Village as a stage, but since I can't find a good picture...it'll have to wait, if it comes at all.)

They just blew in from Mistralis! Toku and Enril have joined the Brawl!​

Backstory:
A long time ago, some stuff happened with this evil spirit named Balasar and the wind spirit Enril. Both were trapped, but the former got out and cursed the land of Mistralis. A shard of the latter seeks help to combat this threat, and comes across a young boy named Toku. And then a really fun, really short game commences. (This is highly paraphrased, if you couldn't tell. If you want a real backstory, click this.)

Overview:
Having Enril the Wind Spirit on his side, Toku is the floatiest of the floaty and the push-backiest character around. Enril will follow the body part Toku is using to attack, and she'll create an appropriate current. Because of this, practically all of his attacks have a wind effect that pushes opponents away, some better than others. Despite this trait, Toku is only slightly heavier than Mr. Game & Watch and lacks power. I mean, he really lacks power. Playing Toku is all about spacing. (Just like the game! Kinda!)

Power: 1. I'm serious. He's. Freaking. Weak.
Speed (movement): 3.5. Kids are already slippery, but this kid has the wind on his side.
Speed (attack): 3. A good balance of fast and slow attacks.
Size: 1.5. Tiny little thing he is. Barely taller than Kirby.
Weight: 1.5. Yep. A tad bit heavier than Mr. Game & Watch.
Jump: 4.5. His above-average jump rank is due to the fact that he has 4 total, and is incredibly floaty. His recovery, however, prevents this rank from being perfect.
Range: 5. On the other hand...the wind extends pretty far. Disjointed hitboxes are to be expected.
Traction: 3. Standard fare.
(all values out of a possible 5)

Pros
+ Enril allows Toku to push foes back with virtually all of his attacks. Hello, gimping.

+ Relatively speedy.

+ Multiple jumps. He gets 3 more when he leaves the ground, thanks to Enril.

+ Gust and Vortex can be used to deflect solid items, and in the former's case, even move grounded ones.

+ Boulder is like Peach's Vegetable, except heavier and he can possibly heal himself.

Cons
- An extreme lack of power. The majority of Toku's moves do damage in the single digits.

- Toku can be spiked out of Slipstream without too much trouble.

- Very light. Almost Mr. Game & Watch's weight.

- In terms of physical knockback, Boulder, when Vortexed, is Toku's only real kill move.

Neutral

+- Vortex, when used on an airborne opponent off the stage, can either relentlessly spike him/her or help them recover.

Miscellaneous Abilities: Glide; done with his Jumbrella Cape.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *​

Standard/Tilt Attacks

Basic: Push. Toku pushes the foe with all his might, knocking them to the ground if their damage is lower than 30%, and doing relatively small knockback otherwise. 4%.

U-Tilt: Reach. Toku reaches for the sky slowly with both hands, facing forward. Foes in front of him will be knocked up high with half the damage than if they made contact. Think Snake's dreaded U-Tilt, except less effing broken. 6%.

F-Tilt: Thrust. Toku thrusts one palm forward quickly. Makes foes keel over, and the wind pushes them back a good distance. 7%.

D-Tilt: Wipe. Toku sweeps the ground in front of him with his hand held vertical, attempting to “wipe” the foe's feet out from under him/her. The current stays for a bit after Toku finishes wiping, which (surprisingly) knocks foes upward. The actual wipe has a 25% chance of tripping. 8%.

Smash Attacks

U-Smash: Tornado. Toku performs a spinning uppercut. He spins three times and is lifted a Green Shell's height off the ground by Enril. All of the knockback takes place at the third punch, with help from Enril, of course. About as fast as Dedede's U-Smash. 3%, 4%, 5% uncharged; 3%, 5%, 7% fully charged.

F-Smash: Breeze. Toku “cross-chops” the air in front of him, with Enril generating a useful breeze in the process. The breeze extends as far as Samus' Z-Air and the move is about as quick as Luigi's F-Smash, so it can keep an opponent at bay for at least a few seconds. The chop knocks opponents backwards, so it can be good for kills. 9% uncharged, 13% fully charged.

D-Smash: Whirlwind. Toku spins in place twice with his arms outstretched; after the second revolution, Toku gets a bit dizzy and almost trips, making him vulnerable. Enril creates wind on each side of Toku twice as he spins, but instead of it pushing foes away, it pulls foes in the opposite direction. The last hit decently knocks opponents away diagonally. 2% a hit uncharged, 3% a hit fully charged. 4 hits max.

Specials

Standard: Gust. Toku unleashes Enril's might as a strong gust of wind. This attack is chargeable and aimable. After pressing the button and/or holding it, Enril becomes a cursor that can be moved in any direction. After about 3 seconds, a straight line of windy goodness is brought forth to where Enril is. The range is immense when used correctly, slightly larger than the attack radius of Din's Fire. Also, unlike other pushback attacks, this one does (very small) damage. It can also be used on items, like a reflector. When completed, Enril will snap back to Toku. 2%.

Forward: Vortex. Toku points in front of him, and Enril circles around the area to create a vortex. It lasts for one second and will ensnare foes for up to five while it's active. Toku can either leave the opponent to struggle, where anyone or anything can attack (knocking him/her away, mind you), or press the button to launch the foe in a random direction (or an evil combination of both). Impressive knockback. Fixed, but impressive. Oh, this can be used on items too. 8%.

Up: Slipstream. Toku spreads his Jumbrella Cape while Enril generates a gentle current of wind to carry him. Enril becomes an aimable cursor once more if the button is held, and lasts up to 3 seconds...once more. Non-damaging, though the currents affect opponents as well. Moves rather slow, so the maximum vertical distance is comparable to Snake's. (Except, you know, without the super armor.) Toku can attack out of this move, but can't use it again if he does.

Down: Boulder. Toku picks up a large rock from the ground. This simple, heavy rock can be quite versatile. It can be thrown for 15% damage and low knockback. It can roll down slopes. It can block attacks if Toku uses Vortex on it; similarly, it can cause 25% damage and some really good knockback if it is launched from a Vortex, after which it breaks. As an added bonus, there is a 10% chance that Toku will summon a large, health-restoring (15%) fruit. Eating the fruit takes 2 seconds. Only two of either can be on-screen at once, and they break after 3 hits. This cannot be performed in mid-air.

Aerials

U-Air: Updraft. Toku pushes against the air above him with both hands, with Enril creating a rising current reminiscent of Mr. Game & Watch's U-Air. 8%.

F-Air: Squall. Toku pushes against the air directly in front of him with both hands (lol Ness), with Enril creating a strong, constant air current to push foes away. The current reaches about as far as Zero Suit Samus' grab. Laggier than Lucario's N-Air, which is saying a lot. 6%.

D-Air: Downdraft. I think I smell a trend here. Toku pushes against-yeah, that sounds so familiar. It's Updraft...but downwards. Amazing. The push is a light spike. 5%.

B-Air: Jumbrella.
Toku smacks the area behind him with his Jumbrella Cape, with Enril creating a quick burst of air that knocks foes up a bit. Very spammy, but...3%.

N-Air: Heli-Bud. Toku takes a large, 3-petaled plant from out of nowhere and holds onto the stem as Enril spins the petals to attack. Slows his descent a bit and has relatively high priority, but mainly attacks above him and is fairly laggy to finish. 1% a hit, 9 hits max.

Dash Attack: Launch. Toku kicks as if kicking a football with Enril launching the opponent up, but kicks too hard and lands on his back, making him vulnerable for a bit. Enril helps him get back up. 7%.

Wake Up Attack: Repel. Whether he lands on his back or his belly, Enril furiously circles him to repel opponents as he gets up. 1%.

Ledge Attacks

<100%: Hammer. Enril propels Toku up to the ledge, where he “hammers” the opponent with his fists. Like DK's F-Air, just faster and non-spiking. 5%.

>100%: Axe. After Toku almost lets go, Enril propels him slightly above the ledge, where he brings his leg down like an axe to attack. 6%.

Grabs and Throws

Grab: Toku's grab is interesting. He reaches out both hands to grab, with his eyes shut tight, and keeps reaching out for 1.5 seconds while Enril attempts to blow foes in. As an attack, Toku kicks the enemy's shin. 2%.

U-Throw: Uppercut. Toku performs a simple standing uppercut, with an extra boost from Enril of course. 6%.

F-Throw: Roundhouse. Toku performs a roundhouse kick, wind included. Pretty good knockback. 6%.

D-Throw: Stomp. Toku drags the foe to the ground and stomps on him/her. Knocks foes against the ground. No wind in this one. 5%.

B-Throw: Dropkick. Enril gives Toku enough of a boost to leap over his opponent and dropkick him/her in the back of the head. Very low knockback, disregarding the wind. 9%.

Final Smash: Hurricane. Enril circles Toku at blinding speed, wrapping him in a cocoon of wind as he slowly hovers. After about 3 seconds, the cocoon dissipates as Toku blasts the area ahead of him with relentless wind. After blasting, he can aim the blast slowly upward, and can only reach up completely vertically. The blast lasts 7 seconds. The cocoon hits once (10%) and knocks foes directly in front of Toku. The wind is non-damaging with Puff Up knockback throughout, and its radius is comparable to the Zero Laser.

Taunts

Up Taunt: A bunch of small, blue spirits rise up from the ground around Toku, and Enril collects them.

Side Taunt: Toku stretches and yawns. Enril circles him a few times to keep him awake.

Down Taunt: Toku plays with the floor with his finger. Enril circles him a few times to keep him focused.

Win Poses

#1: Toku munches on one of those fruits while sitting down. He wipes his mouth with his hand to reveal a smile and keeps eating. (Repeat.)

#2: Toku, sleeping, wakes up, sits up, yawns, stretches, and rubs his eyes sleepily.

#3: Toku releases a Spirit Stone into the air, which gently explodes in a blue light.

Misc. Animations

Dizzy: Toku sits, head reeling, with Enril frantically trying to snap him out of it.

Sleeping: Toku sleeps the same way he was found sleeping: snug on his side.

Curry: Toku holds his cheeks, stomping with both feet alternatively.

Standing: Toku faces forward with his arms on his sides and his body facing the camera (if facing right). When idle, Toku will examine his surroundings, periodically shuffling his feet.

Entrance: Enril Gusts Toku in from the side, who skids into position.

Other

Kirby Hat: When Kirby swallows Toku, he gets that rather ornate headgear.

Victory Theme: A sexified (more strings) version of the section of the main theme that plays when you select the game in the Wii Menu. (00:07-13)

Symbol: Enril. Simple, eh?

Alternate Colors

Fierce: Toku gains burgundy shorts and sandals, a red shirt and hat, and a dark pink bib. I'm calling it a bib.

Calm: Toku gains dark blue shorts and sandals, a blue shirt and hat, and a sky blue bib.

Natural: Toku gains forest green shorts and sandals, a lime green shirt and hat, and a bright green bib.

Royal: Toku gains goldenrod shorts and sandals and a golden shirt and hat. His bib remains the same color.

Holy: Toku gains beige shorts and sandals, an ivory shirt and hat, and a white bib.

Codec Conversation

Snake: Mei Ling, I'm fighting a little kid!

Mei Ling: His name is Toku, Snake.

Snake: I mean, he looks really young. Single digits, even.

Mei Ling: He may be young, but he has the help of Enril the Wind Spirit to augment his abilities. Don't be surprised if you suddenly get blown away!

Snake: The Wind Spirit, huh? So this really is a fair fight.

Mei Ling: Well, Snake, he is still a kid, you know.

Snake: Completely fair. Got it.

Mei Ling: ...

Assist Trophy: Glorb Nest.​
These little nuisances spawn from a blue mass of nasty and hop along the ground. If they latch onto an opponent, they will slow him/her down and, if not dealt with, deal 10% damage periodically. The more Glorbs attached, the slower the foe moves and the more damage he/she takes. But even a Jab can shake 'em off. 2 hits makes them disappear. Nests release up to 10 of these things.

Item: Melodia Statue.
This item acted a save point in LostWinds. In Brawl, it performs roughly the same function. If someone attacks it, its sections spin from the bottom to the top, and a “ding” sound is heard. This means that the Idol memorized your exact location, and will warp you back to it in 10 seconds before it vanishes. Can be used for some pretty epic mindgames, as well as cheating death. (You can see it do its thing here at 05:59.)

I'm surprised this only took 2 days...comments?

truendymion

Smash Cadet
The Jin character is missing all of Jin's signature attacks! Where is the kazama fury, hellsweep, electric twilight godfist, corpse thrust, demon paw etc?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
BIG THE CAT

I put a good bit of time into this moveset, and I think it's really good, better then the K. Rool one in that there's less comparison to Bowser and more original overall. While this character obviously isn't as deserving, it wouldn't be considered a NEGATIVE thing if he joined the Brawl, unlike some of the more recent posted characters. As in, I could see him in by, say, SSB15 or so? As a small note, his belt is green, as that's how his appearance is for the majority of Sonic Adventure. Anyway, on with the moveset, enjoy.

Stats
Screen Name: Big
Size: Same size as the other big heavies, of all of them, probably closest to Dedede.
Weight: 7/10 - Lighter then Bowser, Dedede and company, but not by much.
Walking Speed: 5/10 - Big can walk perfectly fine, but you'll rarely do this over running.
Running Speed: 3/10 - Big's barely any faster then when he's running.
Power: 7/10 - His power is comparable to DK, being below that of Bowser, Dedede and the others.
First Jump: 5/10 - His jump is average, comparable to Dedede's first jump.
Second Jump: 6/10 Big has surprisingly decent jumps for a heavy character.
Hover: No
Fall Speed: 3/10 - Big is strangely a rather floaty character, having an exceptional air game somewhat in the vein of Wario.
Crouch: Yes.
Crawl: No.
Wall Jump: No.
Wall Cling: No
Gliding: No.

Basic Animations:

Basic pose: If left alone too long doing nothing, Big will rub his hands on his tummy, it growling slightly.
Walking: Walks, casually, one arm at his side and the other up holding his fishing pole.
Running: Starts swinging his arm back and forth, the same walking animation from Sonic Adventure.
Dashing: Brings his other arm down and moves both arms back and forth quickly, his legs moving faster.
Crouching: Sits down, holding his rod with both arms in a fishing pose.
Jump 1: Leaps up off the ground with both feet, then puts his legs at his sides.
Jump 2: Spins around in mid-air as he goes higher, like Wario's second jump.
Shield: Blocks face with fishing pole and other arm not holding fishing pole.

Basic Attacks:

A: A simple whack of his rod fishing rod, doing 5-6%.

AA: Froggy hops out from behind big then quickly leaps forward and whacks tail at any enemy in front of big, doing 4-5%, then lands on Big's head again. Goes back behind big if AAA not used shortly after this attack.

AAA: Froggy sticks out his tounge and swirls it around in a circular motion, the graphic effect looking somewhat like Pit's side B. Each hit from the rapidly swirling tounge does 3%.

Ftilt: Big headbutts the enemy, does 7% damage.

Utilt: Lets out a single punch upwards with hand not holding fishing rod, doing 11% damage though being rather laggy.

Dtilt: Being in the fishing pose from crouching, Big casts the line from his rod forward, Froggy being on the end of it. If Froggy hits the enemy, does 11-12%, if the line hits them, does 3%. Decent amount of ending lag as Big reels Froggy back in.

Dashing Attack: Identical to King Dedede's, Big comically trips forward, there being a decent amount of starting and ending lag.

Smash Attacks:

Fsmash: Big lifts both his hands up behind his head as he charges, then slams them down in front of him. The main hitbox for the attack is where and when he slams down his fists, doing good knockback and dealing 21% damage uncharged, being slightly faster but weaker then Dedede's fsmash. If you don't get hit by the meat of his hands or get hit by his hands as they're above him swinging down, you'll get minimal knockback and 5% damage.

Usmash: Froggy hops out from behind Big, jumping on top of his head as Big charges the smash attack. Upon having finished charging, Froggy will extend out his tounge to attack enemies directly upward, dealing 14% damage. The longer you charge the smash, the further Froggy's tounge extends out, not dealing more damage, like Snake's usmash.

Dmash: Big first stomps to the left, then the right, then leaps up slightly and lands on the enemy with his rear end, a multi hit attack. The first two stomps have set knockback, pushing the enemy into the next part of the attack, both doing 6-7% uncharged while the slam down with on his buttocks does 12-12% uncharged and having impressive knockback. The stomps come out decently quickly, but the finishing butt slam has a large amount of lag, being hard to catch enemies in without hitting them with one of the stomps.

Aerial Attacks:

Nair: Big turns to face the camera and Froggy emerges from the fur in his chest, sticking out his tounge and swirling it around in a circular motion, there being multiple hits of the attack. If hit by every last hit in the attack, does 17% damage.

Fair: Big puffs out his chest and leans forward, the hitbox being his tummy, dealing 10% damage, the hitbox being his tummy. One of Big's faster attacks, being a good approach move.

Bair: Big wags his tail behind him while Froggy hops from behind Big onto his head, sticking his tounge out and covering the upper half behind Big. The tounge is multiple hits, and the hits will have set knockback that pushes the target down into Big's tail, which has higher knockback. The tounge does 3% per hit while the tail has decent knockback and does 14% damage.

Uair: Big the cat does a single stab upwards with his fishing rod. Does 5% and minimal knockback if you hit with the blunt of it, but 16% and good knockback if you hit with the tip.

Dair: The blue buffon takes out a rock from who knows where and throws it downwards. The actual act of taking out the rock and throwing it is rather laggy, but once Big does so the rock drops straight down with great haste. The rock spikes and does 21% damage.

Specials:

B - Crazy Casting: The bulky cat lifts up arms above himself and casts his rod upwards, then starts spinning the rod around in a fashion to cause the line to spin around himself, there being a big rock at the end of it to hit people with, it having high priority. If you're directly above Big when he first uses this move, you'll take 7% from being stabbed by the pole. If hit by the rock, you'll be dealt 19% damage. The longer you hold down B, the faster Big will spin the rock around himself with the fishing pole, making it easier and easier to hit with, but if you hold it down too long Big will end up entangling himself with the line comically, the rock coming up and smacking him in the face, being extremely vulnerable and dealing 8% damage to him.

B side - Frantic Froggy: This move functions very vaguely like Ike's side special, meaning you hold down the button to charge the move, then release for Big to charge forward. However, what causes Big to charge forward is that Froggy hops forward and away from Big (The longer you charge the farther Froggy does so), and Big comically rushes after him to save him, shouting "FROGGY!". While charging the move, you can angle Froggy to face up or down, who will have hopped up on Big's shoulder. Once you release the button, Froggy will hop in the direction he's facing. You can't hold the maximum charge like Ike's side special, and if you hit someone you'll continue running to Froggy past them, whereas Ike stops as he hits the target. If Big hits someone in the way of where he's charging, it does 15% and decent knockback. This can be used as a recovery, if you're off the stage and angle Froggy diagonally upwards, he can hop onto the stage, after which Big will defy logic and run to him. If froggy hits someone as he's hopping, he'll deal a minimal 4% damage with little to no knockback.

B up - Reel in: Big casts his fishing rod upwards, the line coming out from his fishing pole quickly. If hit by the rod, you'll be dealt 8% damage, while you'll barely flinch if hit by the line for 2%. The line can be used as a tether recovery, Big reeling himself in after grabbing the ledge with the line. While one would think big is vulnerable to edge hogging due to his up B being a tether, he has decent jumps and he can use his B Side and to a lesser extent to his B down to recover, so he surprisingly has an above average recovery.

B down - Body Slam: Big extends out his arms and legs, then quickly plummets to the ground, dealing 16% damage with good knockback. At first glance, this may appear to be just like Bowser and Yoshi's down special, but Big bounces off the ground considerably after using the move, getting him in position to possibly do it again. If Big hits an actual enemy with the attack, he'll bounce off the enemy before hitting the ground. This move spikes, and can be used to further help Big's recovery with the bounce he gets off his enemies. Overall, a great multi purpose move.

Grabs and throws:

Grab: Big grabs the enemy with one hand, the animation resembling Dedede's, Froggy hopping up from behind Big onto his head after he successfully grabs an enemy.

Grab attack: Froggy attacks the enemy with his tounge, stabbing them in their eyes (Or the general area where their eyes would be in the case of some characters), doing 1-2% damage.

Fthrow: Froggy hops on the enemy and whacks them with his tail, doing 3-4% damage, then Big whacks them away with his fishing pole for 5-6% damage.

Bthrow: Big throws the enemy behind him for 6-7% damage, Froggy sticking his tounge out to hit them shortly after he does for another 3-4% damage.

Uthrow: Big holds the enemy above him, then Froggy wraps his tounge around them, dealing 2-3% damage, then tosses them upwards, doing 8-9% damage.

Dthrow: The crazy cat tosses the enemy down, dealing 4-5% damage, then Froggy quickly hops behind Big and sticks his tounge out at him, causing him to fall forward onto the enemy and deal another 7-8% damage.

Final Smash - Tidal Wave:
The screen zooms in on Big as he starts the final smash and he lets out a stupid laugh. Big proceeds to let out an insane leap off the top of the screen, and a tidal wave starts coming forth from the background. Big is seen riding the top of it with his life preserver belt, safe from harm. The overall graphic effect looks like the lava coming in from norfair, but with water instead of lava. The water lasts long enough on the playing field that it can't be dodged like the lava in norfair, though, making the final smash completely unavoidable. The tidal wave deals 40% damage and does knockback that would match Bowser's sweetspotted fully charged fsmash. After the tidal wave passes, Big falls down from the top of the screen to where he was and lets out another stupid laugh, becoming vulnerable again.

Taunts:

Up Taunt: Froggy hops up on top of Big's head and Big looks around questioningly in a fashion like Wario does when he can't find his bike, stupidly saying "Where's Froggy?", then shrugs as Froggy hops back behind Big and out of view.

Side Taunt: Big does a belly drum and laughs stupidly.

Down Taunt: Big lays down on his back and relaxes, starting to fall asleep, but Froggy comes out from behind Big and jumps on his tummy to awaken him from dozing off.

Entrance: Big falls down onto the stage comically, landing on his rear end. Big then proceeds to get up and rub his buttocks in pain.

Results Screen Poses:

Win 1: Froggy is in Big's hands, happily licking him in the face, Big chuckling.

Win 2: Big does his crazy dance animation from when he clears a level in Sonic Adventure.

Win 3: Big is snoozing, fast asleep, Froggy hopping on his tummy trying to wake him up.

Lose: The fat cat shakes his head back and forth sadly.

Alternate colors:

Default - Blue team
Blue fur is green, white fur is orange, belt is blue, froggy is red - Green team
Blue fur is red, white fur is yellow, belt is purple, froggy is blue - Red team
Default costume, except his life preserver belt now comically looks like a rubber ducky.
Blue fur is black, belt is white, froggy is white
Blue fur is purple, white fur is red, belt is teal, froggy is teal

Kirby hat: Kirby gets Big's head on top of his head in a fashion like the Yoshi Kirby hat. Big's standard special doesn't have nearly as much range when used by Kirby due to him being so much smaller. If the move backfires and hits Kirby, from keeping B held down too long, he'll lose his copy power as he gets smacked by the rock.

Codec Conversation:

Snake: Who's that dumb fat cat?
Otacon: Oh, him? That's Big.
Snake: You don't have to tell me what I already know, Otacon. . .
Otacon: Not what I meant, that's his name, Big. Anyway, he's really strong and he has a pet frog that'll cause problems for you with it's tounge.
Snake: . . .A frog?
Otacon: Yes, a frog. You shouldn't be questioning it, Snake, you're a reptile too! (Laughs)
Snake: . . .Stick to the lab, Otacon. . .

half_silver28

Smash Ace
I've updated my movesets for Lloyd & Colette on page 14, but don't really bother checking it again, since it was mostly just damage percentages that I changed. SirKibble said in his moveset rating thing that he thought Lloyd was overpowered, so I made him less overpowered lulz. I was also very surprised that he preferred my Colette moveset to Jiggy37's extremely well-detailed one :p

I will start work on batman tomorrow, but I have a few more days of band camp next week, so it won't be finished for a while. I will have internet this time, but I won't have the time nor energy to work on it :ohwell:

& btw, Ivory flame's finished subspace emissary is PURE WIN. I liked how u didn't really stick to any of the pre-established story lines behind the characters u used. also, KoJ's jack torrence is just plain awesome lol

smashbot226

Smash Master
Man I've been neglegent.

And Hannah Montana will destroy Smashboards. I've already made her an Assist Trophy and I've gotten... negative... feedback.

If you were to make one;

OH GOD, THE AT WAS BAD ENOUGH.

I'm gonna bring The Emperor over here, and once I'm done;

I'm gonna do a Renewed Toon Link.
Except he'll be called:
W.W. LINK!!!

And his moveset will be based on Phantom Hourglass and Wind Waker.

Which means there will be the Megaton Hammer, Grappling Hook, Deku Leaf, Bombchu, and of course...

THE HOURGLASS.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Simon update. He now has something ridiculously awesome.

BUT YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNLESS YOU READ IT OH GOD THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING YOU!!

smashbot226 said:
Which means there will be the Megaton Hammer, Grappling Hook, Deku Leaf, Bombchu, and of course...
Don't forget his Hurrican Spin. Can't forget that.

Also, if you're going to use the Phantom Hourglass, you can't just make it arbitrarily slow down/stop time, as it doesn't do anything of the sort in the game.

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Emperor Bulblax

Size: I know what you're thinking. "Ridley who? Bulblax is way way too big."
No idea where you're getting that from

Whatever the case, in the smash series, he is about the size of bowser (even more downsized than he was in pikmin 2, but when you think about it, he's alot bigger than he was in the pikmin games)

STATISTICS

Size: 5/5 (he's huge)
Weight: 5/5 (he's huge)
Attack Speed: 2/5 (he's huge)
Running Speed: 1/5 (he's huge, but wook at those tiny widdle wegs)
Jumps: 2/5 (he's huge)
Recovery: 3.5/5 (his B moves are good for recovery)
Wall jump/cling, crawl, glide: No (he's huge)

SPECIAL MOVES

B: Lick
Bulblax charges up a lick attack. After a charge he launches his tounge out, which does alot of damage (more damage the more you charge it), and eats up items, then takes the enemy into his mouth, leading to an ordinary grab. If the tip hits, the enemy goes flying. Also a tether recovery.

B>: Bulborb Larva
Bulblax spits out a bulborb lava. They do minor damage and knockback when they connect, but then they bite and do surprisingly high knockback. They die to any attack in the game however.

B^: High jump
Bulblax flies upwards spinning and comes crashing down, just like in the games.

Bv: Boulders
Bulblax does a small jump and causes an earthquake. A few boulders come falling down. If used in air he rapidly comes crashing down (I know my onox moveset has this move as well, but it makes perfect sense for both characters).

Final Smash: Roar
Bublax roars. Many rocks begin to fall down and enemies are stunned like when hit by a deku nut for a few seconds. However this is not the main purpose of bulbax's attack. Two other bulbaxes burrow out from under the ground. They are extremely light, are a bit smaller than the playable one and are controlled by level 6 cpus, but remain on the field until they are killed or the final smash is used again.

NORMAL ATTACKS
A: Bulblax pokes his head forward
A>: Bulblax licks upwards
A^: Bulblax bites above him
Av: Bulblax licks the ground
Forward Smash: Bulblax does a massive chomp in front of him. A fair bit of lag.
Up Smash: Bulblax flips upwards in place, kind of like pikachu's up smash.
Down Smash: Bulblax spins in place, digging into the ground.

Dash Attack: Bulblax does a running headbutt.

Nair: Bulblax spins in place
Fair: Bulblax bites in front of him
Uair: Bulblax does a flip
Bair: Bulblax thrusts his rear end behind him
Dair: Bulblax stomps with his tiny little feet. An extremely powerful spike.

Grab: Bulblax sticks his tongue out quickly and eats the enemy.
Throws:
Forward: Bulblax explodes inside, and the enemy comes flying out of their mouths
Back: The enemy suspiciously appears from behind bulbax, damaged and tripped
Up: Bublax coughs the enemy upwards
Down: Bulbax turns his head down and "vomits" out the enemy

Entrance: Bulblax emerges from the earth

Taunts:
Bulblax roars, but not as loud as his final smash
Bulblax digs into the ground, then jumps out
Bulblax explodes internally and looks dizzy (the same thing happens if he swallows a bomb)

I guess those could all be victory poses as well

Snake Codec:
Snake: That bug isn't as big as I thought it would be
Mei Ling: See, now you know how it feels

majora_787

Smash Hero
Emperor Bulblax

Size: I know what you're thinking. "Ridley who? Bulblax is way way too big."
No idea where you're getting that from
o_o .....

Awesome so far. Could do with a little bit of color to prevent a wall of text, but other than that, I like the concept.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=189523&page=140

Harry Potter has been updated due to suggestions:

New side B
Less dialogue in Final Smash

BTW, just like K.Rool, I plan to do a different Bowser Jr. moveset (since he's my favorite character)

I'll do K.Rool later today, but for now, I'm posting a good idea for a DK stage that I've had for a while:

Monkey Mines:
You fight in one of the mines from the original DKC. The stage consists of a main platform in the middle, and two platforms that lead into tunnels higher up on either side. If you wander into these tunnels, you will be KOed. Sometimes, a minecart will come out of one tunnel and deal 10% to whoever it hits (25% if it has a TNT Barrel in it). Above the middle platform is a small dusty wooden platform that can be jumped onto the above the carts. The track is covered in fungus and dust, and in the background there are Rock Crocs lurking in the dank recesses of the mine. A sole flickering lightbulb hangs above the central platform and adds to the atmosphere of this dangerous mine.

Music:
Minecart Madness
Treetop Tumble
Aquatic Ambience
Disco Train
Forest Interlude
Mining Melancholy
Haunted Chase
Flight of the Zinger
Manic Mine Kart
Life in the Mines
Cave Dweller Concert
Water World
Caves Boss

Comments about the stage and music selection are welcome.

Agi

Smash Lord
@Big the Cat

...I have always hated that name. I just wanted to get that out of the way. Now, I go to read the moveset.

1: Dashing attack

Saw that one coming... XD

2: Dair

...wow, that's a lot of damage... O_o Plus a spike?
I'd be using that move on recovering pplz below the stage a lot... no more casual FD jumps!

3: BSide

Love it. I doubt Big would even know he was attacking...

4: BDown

A Spiking suicide move. Awesome. Something for TLinkers. Butt bounce for new ISJR?

5: Final Smash

*wishes I've played recent Sonic games*

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Yeah, but the thing about the dair is it's really slow and requires good timing, making something like Ganon's dair seem easy to land. And the body slam isn't a suicide. It works like Toon Link's dair in that if you hit the enemy you're perfectly safe and can go back to the stage.

If you couldn't tell, the final smash doesn't have anything to do with the games, as his only real roles were Sonic Adventure and Sonic Heroes. I thought it fit him decently well, and the best part is it's completely unavoidable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom