• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
King K.Rool

http://comicstats.angelcities.com/_webimages/krool.jpg

The king of the Kremlings and master of disguise, King K.Rool has crashed the Brawl!

Power: 8.5/10: He's not as strong as people like Bowser, but he's definitely near the top.

Walk Speed: 4/10: K.Rool pulls out his blunderbuss. A flame shoots out of it and propels him leasurely along.

Dash Speed: 6/10: K.Rool jogs, pumping his short arms. He's pretty fast for a heavyweight.

Weight: 9/10: He's the second heaviest (stealing the spot from DK), behind only Bowser.

Range: 7/10: K.Rool has a good amount of range on his attacks.

Projectile Range: 7/10: If charged, K.Rool's main projectile can cover good distances.

First Jump: 3/10: Not too great, K.Rool bounds upwards.

Second Jump: 6/10: K.Rool bounds a lot higher than his first jump. This jump is rather floaty, and can be controlled to go good distances.

Fall Speed: 8/10: K.Rool falls pretty fast, but not as fast as people like Fox.

Crouch: 4/10: K.Rool gets down on the ground, but he can still be hit easily.

Traction: 3/10: K.Rool tends to skid a lot, especially after dashing.

Wall Jump: No

Wall Cling: No

Glide: No

Crawl: Yes, but not very fast.

Basic:

A: Swipe: K.Rool extends his right claw and slashes diagonally down. Below average range and knockback, with a hitbox on his claws. 5%
Origin: Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast

Tilts:

Side A: Scepter Spin: K.Rool pulls out his gem-topped scepter bat from Mario Super Sluggers and holds it forward, spinning it like Dedede's basic A. Unlike Dedede's, this cannot be held, but has longer range (above average). Low knockback, with a hitbox on the end of the scepter. This is a good combo move. 7%
Origin: Mario Super Sluggers

Down A: Tail Whip: K.Rool spins sideways, whipping foes with his tail (which he obviously has in this version). Average range and knockback, with a hitbox on the entire tail. This too is a good combo move. 9%

Up A: Crownbutt: K.Rool does a slight headbutt, shaking his crown up off his head to hit people. It doesn't go up that far, but it's a great move to juggle with. The hitbox is the tips of the crown. 11%

Dash A: Kremling Spin: K.Rool dashes forward, comically spinning three times rapidly. The first two hits don't move foes, but the last one has average knockback. Close range, with a hitbox on K.Rool's front side. He has slight ending lag while he recovers his footing. 6-12%

Forward Smash: Gun Butt: K.Rool pulls back his blunderbuss, charging. When released, he swings the gun up with brute force. Great knockback and average range, with a hitbox on the end of the gun. Lots of ending lag, but almost none starting up. 13-29%
Origin: Donkey Kong Country 2

Down Smash: Breakdance: K.Rool gets down and does the 'worm' motion twice. Average startup and ending lag, but it sends a shockwave (like Bowser's D-air) out on either side of him. Good range and knockback, with a hitbox on his frontside and feet. 11-25%

Up Smash: Klaptrap Chomp: K.Rool pulls out his pet Klaptrap from DK64 and holds it above his head so it can chomp foes. Slight lag when he takes it out and puts it away, but good range to compensate. Above average knockback, with a hitbox on the Klaptrap's mouth. 13-24%

Origin: Donkey Kong 64

Facedown A: Strong Jump: K.Rool bounds up quickly, just like after he plays dead in the original DKC. Close range and average knockback, with a hitbox on his feet. 3-7%
Origin: Donkey Kong Country

Faceup A: Claw Swirl: K.Rool reaches behind him on either side as he jumps up, swirling his claws around once he's on his feet. Close range and low knockback, with a hitbox on his claws. 3-9%

Ledge A: Belly Whack: K.Rool jumps onto the ledge and does a stretching motion, hitting foes with his golden belly as he does so. Close range and low knockback, with a hitbox on his stomach. 5%

Ledge A (over 100%): Tail Spin: K.Rool struggles onto the ledge, spinning around when he does and hitting foes with his tail (once again, this version has a tail). Below average range and knockback, with a hitbox on his tail. 4%

Aerials:

Air A: Kremling Whirl: K.Rool strikes a pose like this and spins around once madly, slashing foes with his claws. Average range and knockback, with a hitbox on his claws. This is a great combo move. 4-11%

Forward Air A: Short Kick: K.Rool does a short kick out with one stubby leg. Below average range and very low knockback. The hitbox is his entire foot. Another great, fast move to use in combos. 7%

Back Air A: Cape Slam: K.Rool leans back slightly, and his cape blows backwards, whacking foes. Average range and good knockback, with a hitbox on the edge of the cape. This move lags a lot if you hit the ground before it finishes. 5-8%

Up Air A: Double Uppercut: K.Rool leans up in a pose like this, punching any foes above him. Above average range and knockback; this can potentially kill off the top. The hitbox is his fists. This move has slight ending lag, as K.Rool holds the pose for a second. 9-13%

Down Air A: Claw Pivot: K.Rool sticks both claws beneath him and pivots around like a copter, hitting foes beneath him up to nine times rapidly. Average range and low knockback, unless you are hit on the last hit, then you get above average knockback. The hitbox is his claws. This moves lags a lot if you hit the ground before it finishes, since K.Rool has to pull his claws back up.

Grab: K.Rool extends one claw lazily to pull in the foe. He has slightly below average grab range, from a standstill and while running.

Z: Headbutt: K.Rool leans down and headbutts the victim, the spikes on his crown damaging him or her. Has lag and multiple headbutts cannot be done very quickly. 4%

Side Throw: Gunshot: K.Rool rapidly takes out his gun and fires a cannonball at the foe. Low vertical knockback. 8%

Back Throw: Body Check: K.Rool knocks the foe back a good distance by doing a stationary shoulder-charge like move into them. 9%

Down Throw: Krush: K.Rool throws the foe down and stomps on them. This is like Dedede's down throw, but stronger and slower. 9-10%

Up Throw: Rip: K.Rool grabs part of the foe in his mouth and jerks them upwards while still holding them. Average knockback. 8%

Specials:

B: Blunderbuss: He pulls out his blunderbuss from his days as Kaptain. The gun is chargeable and can fire normal cannonballs (5-20%), spiked cannonballs (12-30%), red clouds (act like clocks and slow down victim), blue clouds (freezes foes 50% of the time), or purple clouds (reverse controls). If the blunderbuss is charged too long, it will backfire and K.Rool will be stunned, blackened in smoke for a few seconds. This move has slight lag after firing. Can be charged in midair.

Side B: Royal Boomerang: K.Rool's trademark attack: he takes his crown and throws it forward like a boomerang. The crown can be angled up or down. It acts like Link's boomerang, except it doesn't pull foes back, it goes out farther, and it hits harder. However, unlike Link's, K.Rool is vulnerable while the crown is out (he gawks at the screen, mouth open). 12-16% As a side note, if you play as Kaptain, Baron, or Boxer K.Rool (his alt. costumes), they will throw out a pirate hat, remote control, and boxing glove respectively, which all do the same thing. The hitbox is the entire crown. If K.Rool is attacked during the throw, his crown will follow him until it's back on his head. This can be done in midair.
Origin: Donkey Kong Country

Down B: Krusha Slam: K.Rool jumps up and slams the ground on his butt, sending out three green shockwaves. The first does 5% and no knockback or stun, the second does 5% more and stuns the foe (as if by Plasma Beam), and the third does 6% and knocks the foe back a good distance. Has a lot of startup and ending lag, and foes can escape after the first wave, but this is a great move to use on unaware foes. Unlike Bowser, K.Rool still jumps before slamming when it's used in the air.
Origin: Donkey Kong 64

Up B: Helicopter Pack: K.Rool dons his helicopter pack from DKC3 and gets controllable recovery for three seconds. While he's flying, two electric balls (5-6% each) shoot out of the pack below him, one at a time. You also get minute damage for touching the propellor (1-2%). This is a great recovery for a heavyweight, but foes can hit him out of it very easily, and he can't use it again until he touches the ground. You can press B to cancel it anytime during flight.
Origin: Donkey Kong Country 3

Final Smash:

KAOS: K.Rool jumps into KAOS, his robot from DKC3. KAOS can't hurt people by running into them, but he does get some special controls:
B: Punching Gloves: A red punching glove comes out of either side of KAOS and can punch foes for up to 25%, the hitbox being the entire glove. Good range and knockback
Side B: Propellers: KAOS spins two sets of propellers around his middle, slicing foes. The hitbox is the entire propellor, which has close range and great knockback. 6-35%
Down B: Fire Jet: A stream of fire comes out of KAOS' bottom. Great knockback and above average range, with a hitbox on the whole jet 7-29%
Up B: Laser: KAOS' head spins around and shoots three lasers at foes. 19% per laser, which has heavy knockback and the same range as ROB's laser, fully charged.

KAOS cannot be damaged by foes. Like the LANDAMASTAA, KAOS flies by pressing the jump buttons (although he cannot carry foes off the top). He lasts for 15 seconds before K.Rool jumps out, looking dazed.

Taunts:
Up: Just like in DK64, K.Rool lifts both arms above his head and looks around, waving, and says, "YEEEAH, THUNK YOU!"
Side: K.Rool pulls out his blunderbuss and shoots out...a puddle of flopping goldfish. K.Rool then stares at the screen in disgust. The fish vanish in a puff of smoke.
Down: K.Rool falls down, playing dead, then shakes a bit, and hops back to his feet, laughing evilly.

Victory:

K.Rool shoots his blunderbuss left, right, then aims it at the screen, grinning a toothy croc

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I know you dislike the moves I stole from Bowser, but the side B from Melee Bowser isn't being used any more. K. Rool needed a melee attack in his specials, and I thought that was fitting. He doesn't need ten thousand different kinds of projectiles, he's a heavyweight. The moves I did directly steal from Bowser were very insignificant, the only notable one being the fsmash.

Don't claim I'm ignorant, K. Rool was my single most wanted character for Brawl and now SSB4. I played all 3 DKC games and DK64 to the end. He has plenty of potetional for important attacks, but I couldn't come up with anything for his tilts that was notable outside the AAA.

Edit: Good so far, but I wasn't sure if Nintendo would choose the new model seen in jungle climber/barrel blast/etc which has no tail. Only complaint is I think having an established character like K. Rool using an attack from a spin off is insulting his character. (Ftilt)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I know you dislike the moves I stole from Bowser, but the side B from Melee Bowser isn't being used any more. K. Rool needed a melee attack in his specials, and I thought that was fitting. He doesn't need ten thousand different kinds of projectiles, he's a heavyweight. The moves I did directly steal from Bowser were very insignificant, the only notable one being the fsmash.

Don't claim I'm ignorant, K. Rool was my single most wanted character for Brawl and now SSB4. I played all 3 DKC games and DK64 to the end. He has plenty of potetional for important attacks, but I couldn't come up with anything for his tilts that was notable outside the AAA.
I'm not claiming you're ignorant; I actually enjoyed your moveset (especially the originality of the King's Kape). However, I am using an entirely different moveset that I think portrays his character well. And as a side note, a heavyweight with projectiles would be a nice addition to the mainly physical attacks of the current powerhouses. Anyways, when people compare K.Rool to Bowser, they always say that they are similar: I believe the strongest argument against this is that K.Rool attacks with more items, like his blunderbuss, crown, and jetpack.

Edit: I understand that the F-tilt might be messing his character up a bit, but it's his only attack that's from games like that, and it's unique. And with the way Nintendo's screwing with my favorite character nowadays (giving him a diaper in Sluggers, ruining his awesome reputation so he's almost like a comination of Wario and Bowser, etc.), one scepter attack won't ruin his character.

Also, why the **** did Nintendo take out his tail? He's a friggin crocodile, all the other Kremlings have tails, why ruin him?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
That's fine if that's the only spin off attack, but it seems kind of random if he's just going to take it out for one attack. Just make sure you give it to to him as a taunt or a victory pose so it's more used.

Edit: Klaptrap for usmash? That also seems sort of random if it's only for one attack in the same vein as the scepter. In any case, eagerly awaiting the whole set, although so far it does seem sort of silly.

Also, while I'd prefer the version with the tail any day, as the new design is a big ball of fat, I'm simply realizing the fact Nintendo might choose his newer design instead.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I like Big's moveset, MasterWarlord. It seems to be a unique take on a pretty typical heavyweight. Using Froggy for most of the attacks gives him a more interesting moveset; nicely done. I do agree that his Down Aerial might be a bit too good, but I suppose, if it's laggy enough, that's all right.

@ Harry Potter:
Nice creative moveset. Harry Potter obviously has a lot of room for new ideas, but I like how you included spells as A attacks; a moveset consisting of him swinging his wand at people would be boring indeed.

Anyway, I'm done with my Magikoopa moveset. Any comments? It can be found here.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That's fine if that's the only spin off attack, but it seems kind of random if he's just going to take it out for one attack. Just make sure you give it to to him as a taunt or a victory pose so it's more used.

Edit: Klaptrap for usmash? That also seems sort of random if it's only for one attack in the same vein as the scepter. In any case, eagerly awaiting the whole set, although so far it does seem sort of silly.

Also, while I'd prefer the version with the tail any day, as the new design is a big ball of fat, I'm simply realizing the fact Nintendo might choose his newer design instead.

His staff will be part of his idle pose.

I know the Klaptrap might sound weird for one attack, but I'm thinking about making it like how the FLUDD was for Mario (one move with the item)

I know that Nintendo wouldn't use the tail, but as I prefer the tail as well, this is what I am implementing.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I personally see K. Rool using less items and more brute force, but that's just me. It's a pretty good moveset. I also can't believe I didn't think of that "THUNK YOU" as a taunt/victory pose.

The down aerial on Big is indeed very powerful, but it's very slow to start up, which is how I excuse it's power.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I like Hippowdon. Most Pokemon have lots of potential, and this is no exception. There aren't any Groun types yet, so, yeah. How much damage does Sandstorm do? I think that it would be awesome if you played up the sandy attacks and made him a heavyweight who's actually good at racking damage.

*ahem* Magikoopa *ahem*

SirKibble

Smash Champion
LolMG, you maked a moveset!
You grew to Moveset Level Next!
You Gained 10 Moveset Points!
You Gained 10 Next Moveset Level Points!
You Gained 100 Hippowdon Points!
Your Moveset Gained 100 Coolness Points!
You Gained 100 Happiness Points!

Congratulations. That's quite a lot to accomplish.

I'm in kind of a weird mood right now, in case you all couldn't tell...

I like Hippowdon. Most Pokemon have lots of potential, and this is no exception. There aren't any Groun types yet, so, yeah. How much damage does Sandstorm do? I think that it would be awesome if you played up the sandy attacks and made him a heavyweight who's actually good at racking damage.

*ahem* Magikoopa *ahem*
I made a GROUND TYPE POKEMON (<<< linkage) submission. Just sayin'...

Oh, and Magikoopa looks pretty cool. Interesting Down B, but like you acknowledged, that has potential to really throw people off with the colors...

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
King K.Rool
Despite the fact that King K. Rool has been done numerous times and I often grow bored of seeing his movesets being repeated,

YOUR SPECIALS WON ME OVER

Very good word, BKupa666.

EDIT:
I think I'm gonna do Rand from BOFII instead of Garet. Any requests?

majora_787

Smash Hero
The K. Rool moveset was awesome. I would have made one for him, but the really popular characters have been done several times...

The America Hippowdon moveset was pretty good as well.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Pages 1 - 15 of the Evaluation Chamber have been redone.

I don't think any of the movesets got a higher rank, so check to see how much you went down... Except for those of you lucky enough to maintain your high spots. I was a good bit harsher this time around. :ohwell:

Oh, I also made some slight changes to the layout. You'll have to use the navigation bar on the right to get to the actual rankings and evaluations.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to reserve (although I doubt he'll get taken):

COLONEL KLINK!!!! Yes, the monocle-sporting kommandant of Stalag 13 will soon join the brawl!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I think your evaluation grading is much better since you didn't give "A's" and "S's" all around. Good work, SirKibble. It's good especially for the ones who were lucky enough to be graced with your "S" grades now, because it's more rare and satisfying. I can't wait until you evaluate Peter and Bad Mr. Frosty.
Yes, I'm slowly but surely getting better at this. I actually have someone to thank for that, as I've been reading over his evaluations of movesets, and he's much better at all of this than I, but I'm not supposed to tell you about that, because none of you knows about it yet. He'll probably kill me if I mention it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mewtwo and Ridley are updated with their dash attacks, ledge attacks, and the floor attack they use when getting up. I felt a little silly about not adding those types of attacks to my movesets in the last contest.

Mewtwo
Ridley

I will add those attack types to Bowser Jr. later.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
To heoandreo when you can take a look a my moveset on page 1(Wes) you say it's not done now it is

majora_787

Smash Hero
Skull Kid still has an S? Wow, I AM good at this. Problem is, now I have to wait until page 70 for my Death Sword evalutation. But what I'm really interested in are the evaluations of Ian and Ramses.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Not so much as a coming soon as it is coming later.

Until the new season starts, I'm not doing much for him.
But for now...

COMING SOON

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Skull Kid still has an S? Wow, I AM good at this. Problem is, now I have to wait until page 70 for my Death Sword evalutation. But what I'm really interested in are the evaluations of Ian and Ramses.
My Mewtwo moveset was ranked B earlier, but got downgraded to C. I couldn't do any better than what I have now. Hopefully my Ridley will do better.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
To heoandreo when you can take a look a my moveset on page 1(Wes) you say it's not done now it is
H&R hasn't been on for a while. He's gonna have a heck of a time updating his list and judgments.

All in good time, my friend.

I think we need more evaluators...one like josh said, that starts backwards....
But then what do they do as more movesets are added?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
People would start going into withdrawals just like they did in between MYM2 and MYM3...

In any case, what we really need is more people who will actually volunteer to do it. We're all the same here, wanting feedback on our movesets, so more people need to step up and offer to be evaluators.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Do whatever you want. It all depends how you want to do it. H&R's getting through his a lot faster just commenting on them, while it's taking me forever (partially because of slow internet) to go in-depth and to give a rank to every moveset. You do it however you want.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Do whatever you want. It all depends how you want to do it. H&R's getting through his a lot faster just commenting on them, while it's taking me forever (partially because of slow internet) to go in-depth and to give a rank to every moveset. You do it however you want.
I would volunteer, but I'd probably be biased in my scores. I'd end up with characters I don't like ending up with scores less than S or A, and characters I really like all getting S's. Like Ridley.

I'm all out of ideas for movesets, I don't want to choke the thread with custom characters. And all of the good ideas have been taken. -_-

D

Deleted member

The last moveset he commented on was Emeril, so....

He has a LOT of catching up to do.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
The poor guy... He hasn't been on for a week, and this thread moves so fast...

I would volunteer, but I'd probably be biased in my scores. I'd end up with characters I don't like ending up with scores less than S or A, and characters I really like all getting S's. Like Ridley.
I've had the same problem. You just do your best to be objective, though. In any case, you don't have to rank them like I did. You can just comment, people still appreciate that.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad you reevaluated the movesets. It somehow makes me feel better when my character still manages to get an S!

I'll try rating movesets. I'm probably only going to finish the Regis this contest, so I'll have plenty of time.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Glad to see everyone's so enthusiastic about the Ken moveset. I plan on basing a great deal of his moveset on what he does on Survivor.

If he loses the first episode, then I'm a BIT screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom