• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
This is what I have of Metal Knuckles so far.

Metal Knuckles

Back-story/Description:
In terms of video games, Metal Knuckles only appeared in Sonic R. Just as Metal Sonic is the robot counterpart to Sonic, Metal Knuckles is the doppelgänger of Knuckles the Echidna. He has Knuckles' strength, with even greater speed, but with worse traction. Created at Robotnik's Reactive Factory, along with Tails Doll, he was one of the greatest Robotnik's creations, as he could rivalize on a race with Super Sonic. Metal Knuckles was the character that went through the most shortcuts when played by the computer, so following this character was the easiest way to find the quickest route to the finish line. His likelihood for a possible return is very low since he was only used once, and he is one of the few characters who did not appear in the poll at Sonic Channel. Despite his small appearance in the series, he has become a well-received and popular character, often considered one of the popular robot characters after Metal Sonic, Emerl, E-102 Gamma and E-123 Omega.

Notes:

Metal knuckles has great strength and good jumps, jumps that can rival Luigis. Metal Knuckles is also decent in speed and weight. Metal Knuckles is actually refereed to a male.

Stats:
Power: 7.8/10
Walking Speed: 6.5/10
Dash speed: 7.2/10
Range: 6.1/10
Projectile distance: NA/10
Drop speed/weight: 7.3/10
Size: 7.4/10
1st jump: 8.2/10
2nd Jump: 6.3/10
Crouch: 4.2/10
Traction: 3.1/10
Combo: 6.3/10
Wall jump: no
Wall cling: yes
Crawling: no
Glide: yes

Specials:

Neutral B: Burning Claw: You charge this up, but it isn’t storable, Metal Knuckles holds his claws in, and after 2.5 seconds of charging, Metal Knuckles launches forward, the longer you hold this down, the further he’ll go forward. In the air, He goes down diagonally. When uncharged, this does 5% and low-high knockback. When charged, this does 23% and high-low knockback. This is easily spot dodged and is easily punishable, this has some ending lag.

Side B: Emerald Glide: Metal knuckles jump up into the air, and spins around going forward for 1.5 seconds before going into his gliding motion. When you get hit, this does 14% and mid knockback. This doesn’t serve that much as a good recovery, as you can use your glide anyway.

Up B: Roaring Uppercut: Metal Knuckles spins straight into the air with his claw sticks up, and at the end he ends up in his gliding animation. The recovery distance is about the recovery distance of wolfs up-b straight up-wards. This has a miss-fire like Luigis forward b. this has a 1/12 chance of happening, when it does, Metal knuckles knuckle has a flame on top of it. If you get hit normally, this does 12% and mid-low knockback. If you get hit when it’s a miss-fire, it does 24% and high knockback. This is the same when it’s used on the ground.

Down B: Psycho Barrier: Metal Knuckles surrounds his whole body by a purple barrier; this doesn’t absorb any damage or reflect projectiles. This does constructive hits, and the max you can do is 16%, and the final hit does mid-low knockback. This isn’t that easily DI’d out of. This has some ending lag. This is used for crowd support more than anything.

what do you think of it so far?

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
@ Rogue Wifreframe: The nerd's name is Otacon. That's with a c, unlike the Maryland anime convention.

And I'm really looking forward to Andy's Toys. I used to have a Rex hand puppet, and that reminds me of him X3 The awesome thing about MYM is all the memories it brings back.

Anyway, I finished Teigen's aerials. Mom's dragging me to the grocery stoar, so I'll update more probably by 5 PM.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Ah I think Gray Fox needs some sword attacks! His neutral A should be a sword attack, and he should be able to deflect bullets with his sword somehow, maybe as a normal or special attack idk.

BTW that Banjo moveset is kinda hard to read, you should make space between each chunk of text or underline the attack names or something.
got it, I'll space it out more

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
For my 3rd entry, I will make a moveset for the greatest Tales of Symphonia character EVER! ZELOS WILDER!!!

Zelos Wilder

Story:
Zelos Wilder is the chosen of Tethe'alla, a world in Tales of Symphonia. He is an extreme womaniser. To give you an idea of how bad he is... take Sain (FE7) and Gatrie (FE9-10) and combine them. Zelos flirts with every woman he sees, even little girls (he tells them that they will be together when she grows up :laugh:). Zelos is the source of almost every inappropriate and sexually oriented joke in the game. In battle, Zelos is a magic swordsman, a wielder of a sword and shield who fights with both sword and magical techniques (even healing.) Zelos can always be seen flirting with women in his trademark pink outfit.

Universe:
Tales of Symphonia

To Unlock:
Unlock all female characters.

Unlock Message:
Zelos Wilder, the Casanova of Tethe'alla, has joined the frey.

Game Symbol:
The Tales Compass Like Thing

Wii-Mote Sound:
Zelos says "Hello beautiful!"

Entry Pose:
Zelos enters the field surrounded by several women. All the women leave the fight (staying in the background to cheer, kind of like the Poke'mon Trainer) and Zelos draws his sword.

Weapon:
Zelos will be using his energy saber (like a pink lightsaber) which is the most powerful sword (I think) that is available for him.

Outfits:
Pink (default)
Blue
Red
Green
Yellow/Gold
White
Black
*Outfit color changes his primary clothes color.

Zelos's Play Style:
Zelos relies on balance to fight. His stats are comparable to Adult Links, but he is lighter and has a more effective recovery. Zelos uses magic to fight at range.

Specials:
Neutral B- Demon Fang
The most basic special technique for all swordsman (including Lloyd) in Tales. Demon Fang is a basic sword swing that shoots a shockwave (a ground hugging projectile.) This shockwave travels all the way to the next edge and deals 5% damage upon contact with an opponent. The sword swing deals 7% damage. This special has little beginning lag, making it a great combo finisher, but it has some ending lag. 7% slash 5% shockwave
(Slashing; Weapon; Specials Direct; Specials Indirect; Projectiles)

Side B- Fire Ball
A basic magic spell, Fire Ball is the first spell known by any mage. When using this spell, Zelos glows, surging with power. When B is released Zelos fires 3 fire balls in the direction you point in. One fire ball travels high, one travels in the middle, and one travels straight forward (the lowest fireball). Each Fire Ball does 5% damage upon contact with an enemy.
(Fire; Specials Indirect; Projectiles)

Up B- Light Spear
A somewhat advanced sword special for all magic swordsman. When using this technique, Zelos his the opponent with an "uppercut" slash and then continues to hit the opponent several times while going upwards in the air (much like Mario's Up B). This special is a good combo finisher and deals about as much potential damage as aether but deals very little knockback. The recovery distance is comparable to Mario's Up-B recovery. Zelos says "Light Spear" while performing the recovery.
2% damage per hit .... up to 14% damage (if all hits connect)
(Slashing; Weapon; Specials Direct)

Down B- Guardian
A defensive technique that is more powerful than the basic guard. When Zelos uses this, a large blue shield of light appears arround him reducing the damage of anything that hits. This shield completely gets rid of knockback (super armor) and reduces damage taken to 25%. This shield can be maintained for up to 3 seconds. This does not protect Zelos from grabs.

Normal Attacks:
A- Stab
A basic horizontal stab. Quick and far reaching. 4% (Stabbing; Weapon)
A,A- Jab
A quick punch with the left hand. Quick but not as far reaching as Stab. 3% (Arm)
A,A,A- Slash
A slash of the sword. Slower than the first 2 attacks but still fast. Has decent knockback. 5%
(Slashing; Weapon)
Dash Attack- Tiger Blade
Zelos stops the dash by following into an upwards swing followed by a downwards swing. Low knockback. 2 hits of 5% damage each. (Slashing; Weapon)

Tilts:
Forward- Double Demon Fang
Zelos slashes forward twice quickly. Each slash deals 5% damage. This attack also creates 2 shockwaves that deal 3% each. Very low knockback. Has ending lag.
Up to 16% damage (all hits connect)
(Slashing; Weapon; Projectiles)

Up- Wind Blade
Points upward as several visible strikes of high winds hit the above foe. Does several hits with little knockback. 3 hits of 4% damage each.
(Lightning)

Down- Stone Blast
Zelos points forward and the stone in front of him breaks and blasts opponents for several hits. Low knockback but great speed.
Can deal 3 hits of 5% damage each.
(Earth)

Smashes:
Forward- Beast
Zelos slashes forward and a huge roaring beast appears around him (made of blue light). This attack has high knockback and damage but low speed. 15%-20% damage
(Slashing; Weapon)

Up- Lightning
Zelos points upwards, and a bolt of lightning strikes above him (Zelos sidesteps the bolt). This lightning has good knockback and great speed for a smash. The sidestep created by this attack does not function like a normal sidestep at all. 12-17% damage
(Lightning)

Down- Eruption (Not Ike's)
Zelos glows red and shouts "ERUPTION!", as a large fiery earthquake happens all around him. Any foes in this area get struck for multiple fiery hits of damage. The last hit has very high knockback. This smash has a startup time about equal to Ike's F-Smash.
3-5% First 2 hits. 10-15% last hit
(Fire; Earth)

Aerials:
Nair- 360 Slice
A 360 degree sword slash. All around decent attack. 10% damage
(Slashing; Weapon)

Fair- Dual Slash
A double sword swing. Much like Marth's Nair. 6% each hit.
(Slashing; Weapon)

Bair- Flip Kick
Zelos does a backflip kick. The kick spikes if the foe is hit behind him on the downwards part of the kick. 10% damage
(Leg)

Uair- Sky Slicer
Zelos jumps upwards a bit while slicing upwards with his sword. Gets about half the distance of Roy's recovery, but can only be used to recover in the air once (ending lag is to great to give an advantage, unless canceled by Light Spear.) This attack has decent stats. Its knockback works just like Dolphin Slash, but with only 75% of the potential high knockback.
12% damage
(Slashing; Weapon)

Dair- Earthquake
Zelos dives down all the way until (and if) he hits the ground. When he hits the ground, an area of stone shatters beneath his feet causing high damage and knockback. The ending lag on this attack is huge. While descending, any foes struck by his feet will be spiked downwards (they will still be damaged by the Earthquake, if applicable).
5% Kick 15% Earthquake
(Earth; Leg)

Grabs/Throws:
Grab (different depending on opponents gender)-
Vs. Males- Grabs them by the collar.
Vs. Females- Holds their hand
Grabs the opponents hand.

Grab Attack (different depending on gender)-
Vs. Males- ***** Slap
Slaps them in the face dealing 3% damage per hit.
Vs. Females- Kiss
Kisses their hand, healing Zelos for 1% per useage.

Forward Throw- Toss
Tosses the opponent forward. 5%

Back Throw- Back Throw
Tosses the opponent backwards. 5%

Up Throw- Kicks the opponent in the face, sending them upwards. 7%

Down Throw- Heel
Throws the opponent to the ground, and grinds his heel into them. No knockback 10%.

Final Smash:
Ladies Man-
Zelos runs to the center of the stage. Suddenly 2 crowds of women come from the left and right of the stage screaming "IT'S HIM!!! ITS THE GREAT ZELOS!!!"
These women trample anyone who gets in their way, KO'ing at as low as 30% damage. The women are not that hard to dodge and a double or triple jump could easily suffice.
Zelos then starts signing autographs saying "Here you go, my hunnies! :love:"
*Zelos is invinceable during the entire Final Smash.

L-Button:
Shield- Several large ice crystals burst from the ground and protect Zelos. The ice becomes thinner, eventually shattering as it becomes weaker.
Sidestep- Zelos sidesteps and performs a hairflip.
Air Dodge- The wind pushes Zelos out of harm's way.
Roll Forward- A front flip with a fiery animation.
Back Roll- A back flip. When Zelos hits the ground, the rocks under his feet crack a bit.
*I tried to emphasize his elemental diversity in his dodges.

Miscellanious Animations:
Idle- Pretty much the same as Marth.
Dazed- Holds his head as if he had a headache.
Running- Sheathes his sword and runs forwards, ducking slightly.
Walking- Walks very slowly, showing off a lot.

Taunts:
Up- Pulls out a mirror and starts looking at himself.
Side- Sheathes his sword (but takes it back out afterwards.)
Down- Says "Hello my hunnies."

Lose Pose:
A normal slight clap. After the victor finishes speaking, Zelos says "Well atleast I'm still handsome."

Victory Pose:
Sheathes his sword and says "Everyone will remember the Great Zelos Wilder and his hunnies."

Stats:
Height- 4/5
Weight- 3/5
Power- 3/5
Speed- 3/5
Range- 4/5
Walking Speed- 1/5 (Zelos loves to show off)
Running Speed- 4/5
Recovery- 3/5
Jumps- 4/5
Falling Speed- 2/5
Traction- 5/5
Dodges- 4/5
Wall Jump- Yes
Wall Cling- No
Crawl- No (Zelos doesn't like to get dirty.)

Pros:
Well rounded character with no glaring weaknesses.
Multi-hit attacks are difficult to sidestep.
Has a ground hugging projectile.
Good combo character.
Good air game.
Good range.
Can wall jump.
Potentially powerful final smash.
Great traction.
Good dodges.
Decent recovery.
Good on the ground and in the air.
Guardian has super armor.
Down Smash is very powerful.
Can Zeloside with his Dair.
Smashes are powerful.
Tilts are fast.

Cons:
No crawl.
No wall cling.
Doesn't particularly excel in many areas.
Down Smash is very slow.
Floaty.
Large target (*Zelos chimes in* "HEY ARE YOU CALLING ME FAT!")
Medium-lightweight.

Miscellanious Crap:

Codec Conversation:
Snake: Hey, who's the fruit?
Octacon: Thats Zelos Wilder, and he's no fruit. He's a real ladies man.
S: So why is he wearing pink then?
O: I don't know. Maybe to show his security.
S:.... Right.

Crowd Cheer:
A crowd of ladies is heard screaming "AH!!! ITS ZELOS!!! AHHH!!!!"

Kirby Hat:
Kirby gets a miniature version of Zelos's signature shirt as well as Zelos's hair.
When Kirby uses Demon Fang, he yells "Demon Fang!" in his high-pitched voice.

Items:
Apple Gel- Heals for 30% of the damage you have (not 30% health)
Sorcerer's Ring- Pick it up to temporarily change your neutral A into a sorcerer's ring function. It randomly fires one of the following short ranged projectiles:
Normal- A small flame does 5% damage.
Fire- A larger flame does 8% damage.
Electricity- Does 5% damage and stuns the foe for a short time.
Water- Squirts water just like a fully charged F.L.U.D.D.
Earth- Causes a small earthquake, making nearby foes trip and take 5% damage.
Wind- Creates a gust of wind, doing 5% damage and having some shield breaking properties.

Assist Trophies:
Kratos Aurion- Flies into the field with his wings and strikes with his sword, dealing considerable damage and knockback with each hit. Lasts 15 seconds.

Trophies:
Lloyd Irving- A teenager with dreams of becoming a great swordsman. He becomes a member of his friend Collete's guard when Collete becomes the Chosen.

Collete Brunel- The Chosen of Sylvarant. She is a cute but clumsy and stupid teenage blonde. She uses double chakrams for weapons.

Genis Sage- A young half-elf with a talent for magic. He is a genious and a brat.

Raine Sage- Genis's older sister and teacher. She is a healer and is overly fascinated with knowledge and architecture.

Kratos Aurion- A mysterious mercenary that is skilled in both swordsmanship and magic. His motives remain unknown for most of the story.

Zelos Wilder- A real womaniser. He is a swordsman and a user of magic. He is also the Chosen of Tethe'alla. He is a loudmouthed braggart who can always be seen flirting with women or making inappropriate jokes.

Presea- A girl (really in her 20's) who has the appearance of a child. She is incredibly strong and has almost no personality at all.

Regal- A man who went to prison for a crime after he turned himself in. While I will not spoil the nature of his crime, it was really for good reasons. Regal always wears his handcuffs to remember his mistake and fights with his feet.

Sheena Fujibayashi- A beautiful assassin sent from Tethe'alla to kill Collete. She turns out to be a very good person and joins your team after several failed assassination attempts. It is hinted that she has a crush on Lloyd. Zelos saw her naked in the shower once, and she has hated him for it ever since. She is a skilled summoner, who uses summoning cards in battle.

Mithos- A young boy who befriends Genis after supposedly being orphaned. Little is known about him.

Yggdrassil- The leader of an organization known as the Desians. He has a huge role in the story (though telling you much else would be heavy spoiling.)

Stickers:
Lloyd Irving- Slashing +20
Collete Brunel- Increased Tripping Probability +20 Increased Weapon +50 (small sticker)
Zelos Wilder- May say perverted comments about women while standing idle.

Event Matches:
#7- Zelos Loves The Ladies
Why don't they love him?
Playable characters- Zelos Wilder
Objectives- Defeat Zelda, Peach, and Samus (zero suit). You have 2 stocks they each have one.

Stage (Spoilers):
The Tower Of Salvation-
This is where the chosen must go to "save the world." This stage features a large circular room design with a sword planted in the ground in the background of the stage.
This stage has a basic layout.

Songs:
Tales of Symphonia Theme
*Tales doesn't have a soundtrack like Fire Emblem does so I don't know much about its songs.

Subspace Emissary Role:
When Marth enters Zelos's mansion for shelter for the night, thinking it is un-inhabited, he is attacked by sword primids. Zelos then shows up to save Marth's life. Thinking Marth is a girl, Zelos hits on him. He apoligizes for the misunderstanding, and the two swordsmen venture off to find others to help in the fight against Tabuu.
Marth and Zelos then join Ike's group. Zelos immediately hits on Mia, who then challenges him to a duel and kicks his ***.
Zelos pretty much flirts with every female in the game and gets on Chris Lionheart's nerves from day one.

Bosses (Spoilers):
Lord Yggdrasil-
Yggdrasil (a.k.a. Mithos) is the last boss of Tales of Symphonia. In Smash Bros. he takes the adult incarnation, appearing as an "angel" with wings.
He uses the following moves:
Judgement-
Yggdrasil starts glowing until rays of light fall from heaven, striking for heavy damage. This can be dodged by moving away from Yggdrasil. It can kill at very low percentages on intense mode. 20% very easy-100% Intense.
Angel Feathers-
Yggdrasil points and several angel feathers fly across the stage. The easiest way to dodge is to jump over them. They strike for 3 hits of damage. 5% each very easy- 25% each Intense
Height- Human
Position- Flying (He can be knocked to the ground temporarily)
Difficulty- About 3/5

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Curse you, SirKibble! I was considering Frog. Oh well. Maybe I'll do Robo.
You better make Crono & Frog epic!
Ha, I'd do the whole playable cast if I could. But I'll let you have Robo.

Don't worry, they'll be sooooo epic, you'll stare in awe for days.

Ah, Pikafan. I remember that kid.

You for got this line:
"but pikuchu has super gud b dawn attack and den metnite gets rly rly pwned and then pikchu maks him ded"
Dude, yes, that was when I tried to convince him that metnite was better than pikuchu. Man, that kid was a riot.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Rex is all done (middle of the page), some comments on his moveset would be nice, before I start the next of the four.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Could I have a link to Dracula please?

Crying Wolf has joined the Beauty and the Beast unit (pg 130)! Just one more member to go!

edit: @BKupa666: Andy's toys looks good so far. I love how you implemented Rex's cowardly persona into his attacks. And the neutral special is a great reference to the movie.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Ah I think Gray Fox needs some sword attacks! His neutral A should be a sword attack, and he should be able to deflect bullets with his sword somehow, maybe as a normal or special attack idk.
Ah, finally somebody commented on this. It usually comes up every time I post that 'set.

Anyway, he's mostly sword-less because when you fight him as Snake (both as Gray Fox and Cyborg Ninja), it's almost completely hand to hand. Believe me, I certainly considered giving him more sword attacks, and it was harder to make the moveset he has now, but I think it's much more true-to-character as a result.

ANYWAY

...I know Dracula's awesome, but dang...those were some pretty righteous comments guys. Thanks a lot. I'm usually (or at least I think so) a pretty sarcastic guy, but there's not even a hint of that in the previous statement. :)

So we can just end the contest now, right? :D

EDIT - @Hyper Ridley: There's a (fairly obvious) link to Drac in my sig.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
Coming Soon...It's...well...

Also, can someone please comment on Toku? He's been largely overlooked, for some reason.

And yeah, Dracula is teh sex.
If all the attacks were named, this thread would explode from all the concentrated awesomeness.

truendymion

Smash Cadet
@ Luvtoy: I really like that Knuckles moveset! Do you remember in Sonic and Knuckles when you play as Knuckles and do a glide and if you hit the ground Knuckles will kinda slide on his stomach with his fist sticking straight out for a few seconds? I think that would be a cool dash attack!
I think Knuckles is probably one of the more feasible characters, hopefully he's in the next Smash Bros!

D

Deleted member

This post was made to reserve Historical Dudes from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Don't worry, I'll still do Kid With Overstuffed Backpack.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I read the moveset for Rex and I have to say you really did your research. It's brilliant, my personnal favorite out of the contest behind only Dracula (And I personally like Rex better due to childhood memories), although I'm still against characters using a large amount of random objects for just a couple of moves. The standard special, taunts and victory poses are pure gold, and really help to make it comedic. Eagerly awaiting the movesets for the other three toys. So would Buzz Lightyear and Woody be their own characters then? Seeing as Mr. Potatoe Head is more deserving then Hamm and the other two slots would be taken by buzz and woody, I guess you're going with the obscure characters. My guesses are Rex, Hamm, Potatoe Head and Slinky.

I read the rest of your dracula moveset and I must say, great job. You put emphasis on making sure he's balanced in large detail which really helps in picturing actually playing as the character. The fsmash is purely badass, even without me knowing the character's background, what you told me makes me fond of it. Dracula would probably end up being one of my mains if not my #1 main, his moveset seems to perfectly match my "Playing a slow character fast" playstyle. If you really want to ensure your victory as the #1 moveset, might I suggest you go all out and add everything possible? Give him a detailed important role in the SSE especially, that'll help a lot in actually picturing him as one of the main characters of the actual game. You should probably make him one of the main villians alongside Ganondorf.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
But what about his Kirby hat? Is Kirby just going to turn into a pink right hand with a cutesy face? *hit*

Teigen's A attacks and throws are finished, and I am crushed that school starts in two days. That gives me about six hours to think of special attacks for Teigen. *headdesk*

EDIT: Sonic the Baron, that is:

Socrates
St. Joan of Arc
Abraham Lincoln
Napoleon

and some other people. I wanna see some sweet swordplay with Joan!

HeoandReo

Smash Apprentice
Ah, I'm finally back now. Sorry about all that, if anyone worried. Away for a week for a camping trip.

I'll have to take a look at the movesets I missed a bit later. I'm also handing over my judgement project to Chief Mendez(He PM'ed me while I was away to ask if he could make his own, just responded to it now with the go-ahead), because I'm going to be really busy for the next couple of weeks. School for me starts within days, and it'll be a really busy semester with the subjects I'm given.

For the record, though, I still plan to update the list, touch up my movesets, select my preferred movesets for the judgements at the end, and submit entries, but I'll be a little out of it for the next month or so.

D

Deleted member

EDIT: Sonic the Baron, that is:

Socrates
St. Joan of Arc
Abraham Lincoln
Napoleon

and some other people. I wanna see some sweet swordplay with Joan!
I'm not sure if I could make a moveset of So-Crates or Lincoln, though I'll try for the former. I was already considering to do Joan, and Napoleon was a must.

I'm thinking it will be something like this:

Joan of Arc
Napoleon
So-Crates
Genghis Khan

SirKibble

Smash Champion
You're back!

Wow... You missed a lot. But I guess you already figured that judging by what page this thread has reached. Also, that means

MENDEZ GETS TO PUT UP HIS RATING BLOG NOW!!!

I wasn't gonna be able to keep it a secret much longer...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I read the moveset for Rex and I have to say you really did your research. It's brilliant, my personnal favorite out of the contest behind only Dracula (And I personally like Rex better due to childhood memories), although I'm still against characters using a large amount of random objects for just a couple of moves. The standard special, taunts and victory poses are pure gold, and really help to make it comedic. Eagerly awaiting the movesets for the other three toys. So would Buzz Lightyear and Woody be their own characters then? Seeing as Mr. Potatoe Head is more deserving then Hamm and the other two slots would be taken by buzz and woody, I guess you're going with the obscure characters. My guesses are Rex, Hamm, Potatoe Head and Slinky.

I read the rest of your dracula head and I must say, great job. You put emphasis on making sure he's balanced in large detail which really helps in picturing actually playing as the character. The fsmash is purely badass, even without me knowing the character's background, what you told me makes me fond of it. Dracula would probably end up being one of my mains if not my #1 main, his moveset seems to perfectly match my "Playing a slow character fast" playstyle. If you really want to ensure your victory as the #1 moveset, might I suggest you go all out and add everything possible? Give him a detailed important role in the SSE especially, that'll help a lot in actually picturing him as one of the main characters of the actual game. You should probably make him one of the main villians alongside Ganondorf.
Thanks for the comments. You have correctly guessed my other toys that I'm using (Rex, Hamm, Mr. Potato Head, and Slinky). Buzz has already been entered on pg. 42 (I had a unique moveset, but this guy used my side B out of no where, so I can't really do him now), and I'm still planning Woody. Toy Story was my second favorite childhood movie (only behind Lion King), and I really loved Toy Story 2 as well, so I know a lot about their world.

Everything up to Smashes are up for Mr. Potato Head.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=189523&page=155

More later, hopefully tonight, possibly tomorrow

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I've made some major changes to the functionality of Chris Lionheart in accordance to the rather harsh reviews by Mendez and HeoandReo. Helm Splitter got toned down and redesigned. Lion's Fury became an automatic 3 hit combo rather than an input 4 attack combo.

Along with changes I made yesterday (stat adjustments, new F-Smash, additional Final Smash units, etc.) its pretty different from what it was at first.

For my next moveset I'm thinking of making another character from his universe... or maybe someone from Guild Wars.

Either way... I'm about to be hit by a hurricane so my activity for the next week may be in question.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Debut Announcement

Alright then.

Here it is: Mendez on Smashboards, the home of my little rating project.

::: Mendez on Smashboards :::​
^ click there ^​

My rating system, along with a number of other things, are noticeably different from SirKibble, Chris Lionheart, HeoandReo, or Commander Blitzkrieg's, so make sure to visit the "Guidelines" section before flipping out on the scores. Also, if anyone's updated a moveset recently, make sure to check the date I reviewed it: if you updated it after I went over it, you'll have to tell me.

Also, please try to keep any issues you might have with the reviews on the blog, and out of this thread. I'd like to keep this place as uncluttered as possible. Same goes for my PM box: feel free to PM me if you must, but I'd really prefer it if you communicated things about the blog via a comment on said blog.

SO WITH THAT SAID

I hope everyone enjoys the work I'm doing, because I'm enjoying the work you all are doing. :bee:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
PS: He's better than I am. He catches all kinds of stuff and makes you really feel like crap about your movesets. :p

BUT IT'S ALL IN THE NAME OF JOURNALISTIC INTEGRITY!!

D

Deleted member

I looked at the reviews at my movesets.

They hurt.

@Mama Luigi: There's not much I can say.

@Lucky Day: Yeah........I was not sure what to add from the movie......

And on the horse's limitations, yeah, I'll fix that right away. That's one thing I have noticed.

@This Game's Winner: You didn't review it, though I can understand why. T-T

@Teen Girl Squad: Perhaps I could improve on the standards, although it will be very difficult

@Chosen One: The Gopher Chucks were his side smash. I was considering the squirrel, but I wasn't sure that it would work. What do you mean by "Going Low"?

And on the damage percents for all of them: I can't really get an exact idea on what they should be, so that's why I put the power category, as an estimate.

Yeah, I'll try to fix some stuff up on another occasion, but not at the moment.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
If I remember correctly, This Game's Winner didn't have a picture, which is one of the requirements. I mean, you really just have to Google some picture of a nerd celebrating a victory in a videogame, and throw that up there.

And "going low" refers to how Yoon Moo is defeated. It wouldn't be impossible to work into the moveset, maybe as a projectile even.

So I answered those things, but I'd like to repeat:

Chief Mendez the Magnificent said:
Also, please try to keep any issues you might have with the reviews on the blog, and out of this thread. I'd like to keep this place as uncluttered as possible. Same goes for my PM box: feel free to PM me if you must, but I'd really prefer it if you communicated things about the blog via a comment on said blog.
For our collective sanity. :bee:

Also, I'm not looking to offend anyone personally, but I will always call em' like I see em'. Just think of it as motivation to do better!

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
It's been so many pages since my Noxus moveset, and not ANY bit of feedback/criticism/any type of comment whatsoever.

Please. PLEASE.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Guys, when you check ratings/evaluations, especially Chief Mendez the Magnificent's, it's usually best to avoid the mindset "How well did I do?" and rather have one of "What can I improve on?"

You'll find the whole experience much more rewarding that way. :)

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
Updated my Shy Guy on pg. 151 to cover all PM1 Shy Guy types other than Medi Guy, who really wouldn't work out for Smash. Grab -> toss -> heal, rinse and repeat. Changed text color for readability and fixed up General Guy. Next up is Treecko. And no, I'm not doing a PT, thank Pete. I'm probably gong to add a pro/con list to Sain and Shy Guy first.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Chief, you are now officially tied with my best friend as Monarch of Ego-Crushing Constructive Criticism. Don't worry, it's a good thing, we all need our egos crushed once in a while. And I had my doubts about Dry Bomber too. I saw the LANDMASTAH jokes coming from pretty far away :laugh: so I might change it to his Banisher cart, because Dry Bones is too cool to fall through the bricks on Melee Yoshi's Island. I think I'll go back and work a bit on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom