• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Guys, when you check ratings/evaluations, especially Chief Mendez the Magnificent's, it's usually best to avoid the mindset "How well did I do?" and rather have one of "What can I improve on?"

You'll find the whole experience much more rewarding that way. :)
This.

Also, remember that even if you get a lower score than you think you deserve, I'm just a kid on the internet--how much does my opinion really matter in the long run? My advice would be to take what you get from my reviews, as well as all the other reviewers (all handily linked through MoS, natch), and base any improvements you choose to make on all of them at once.

@Delta_BP26: I noticed Noxus a few pages back, but didn't have time to actually comment on it. Obviously I'd like to keep a thorough examination of it reserved for MoS, but if you linked to it, I'd throw you a bone now.

D

Deleted member

If I remember correctly, This Game's Winner didn't have a picture, which is one of the requirements. I mean, you really just have to Google some picture of a nerd celebrating a victory in a videogame, and throw that up there.
I already had in mind the appearance for TGW, so I just had to do bit of searching and Photoshopping. It's up now, though it isn't exactly an ecstatic nerd.....

And "going low" refers to how Yoon Moo is defeated. It wouldn't be impossible to work into the moveset, maybe as a projectile even.
Okay, now that's out the way, along with the squirrel.

Now all I have to do is polish the rest of my movesets. *Looks at sig* Crap.

I shall cancel KWOB because I can't come up with good moves, and postpone Historical Dudes because Bill and Ted are awesome.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Guys, when you check ratings/evaluations, especially Chief Mendez the Magnificent's, it's usually best to avoid the mindset "How well did I do?" and rather have one of "What can I improve on?"

You'll find the whole experience much more rewarding that way. :)
Umm, yes.

Favor to ALL judges:
IF POSSIBLE, PLEASE REJUDGE MY CHARACTERS.

I've followed (MOST) of your as-of-late critique about organization and other such things, and I would appreciate a re-review. Xemnas, Astaroth, and Xigbar, to be specific.

Perfection is my aim; I intend to reach it.

No movesets brewing as of late.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Well, I've found a few things to improve upon.:laugh:

I'm fixing up the organization for my characters (Starting with Big Daddy). I'm also fixing up Big Daddy's balance, mainly in the final smash (The health drain, on the other hand, is no where near broken due to Little Sister being so terrible.). Big Daddy is fast because Little Sister is just so weak, and you'll sometimes be forced to play as her.

The others will have organization improvements and a few touchups.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Delta, I commented on your noxus moveset on the bottom of the page it was posted on. Go back and check if you haven't already.

I went back to play Soul Calibur to try to come up with material to rival that awesome dracula moveset, but I couldn't find that much. I'm going to have to pull off to pull some moves out of my own creativity. Think I should spice up my current movesets before I move on and they're judged? K. Rool and Big the Cat. I have a SSE section of how to implement K. Rool around here somewhere, so I guess I'll throw that into the K. Rool moveset and add more color.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Smashbot, just request it the preferred way of the judges, and I'm sure we'd all be happy to look over the movesets. Mendez wants blog comments, and I'VE GOT A WEBFORM UP NOW for everyone who wants movesets reevaluated.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well, I know Mendez wants blog comments on his site, and I have a webform up on mine now that I'd like everyone to use. I don't know about Chris and H&R, though...

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I would prefer people to pm me for information on their ratings or to request a re-rate.

Please know that I am likely to be without power soon for probably about a few days to a week and Hurricane Gustav is about to kick my state's ***.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Look at the layout I've done for Big Daddy/Little Sister. It's just amazing how nice it looks. Just click the link in my sig to see it.

D

Deleted member

I've just edited TGS's Final Smash. Now, each girl has their own FS. Cheerleader's and So-and-So's are currently up, while What's Her Face and Ugly One are on the way.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I took MasterWarlord's suggestion (again), and Dracula now has names for all his standard attacks. Personally I think they're awesome, but for those that don't feel like searching through the thing, here they are, in no particular order:

Visitant Swarm, Carnal Invitation, Black Dervish, Phantom Courante, Black-a-Vised Servants, Bloody Vise, Spectral Augur, Morose Attraction, Death Pool, Penumbra, Incubic Snap, Gloomy Stride, Shady Vagrant, The Master's Rebuttal, Hell Flame, Cursed Bore, The Master's Response, Sudden Banishment, The Count's Appraisal, and Love Lost.

He also has a pros/cons list.

So my question is: what else can I give him? He's got all the moves, a stage, item, Assist Trophy, music, alternate outfits, taunts, winning/losing poses, Kirby hat, and even a trophy list. What else can I add to make this baby as good as it can be?

TWILTHERO said:
I just saw some moveset reviews on Mendez's blog. Wow, barely any scores over 30
Yeah, I think the highest might be, like, a 33. If that.

JOURNALISTIC INTEGRITY

And yes, if you want a moveset to be re-reviewed, leave a comment. I won't speak for any other reviewer, but I think it'd be good to keep this place free of comments concerning the reviews. Let's keep it just for the movesets.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Potatoe head's alright, but not nearly as good as Rex. His moves seem more bland and less creative (It still is creative, though not as much so as Rex.) and some of them are confusing. The fact he doesn't have nearly as much humor in his moveset as Rex sort of takes away also, but it's defenitely not bad. The specials are still decently unique.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Mendez, if you looked at my actual post, I told you that you should give him a role in the SSE. Give him the biggest role you can, make him one of the main villians alongside Ganondorf.
Well, the thing about that is...

Am I supposed to like, put him inside the already-told story from Brawl? Or am I supposed to create a new story? I'm just not clear on the specifics, is all.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Also, remember that even if you get a lower score than you think you deserve, I'm just a kid on the internet--how much does my opinion really matter in the long run? My advice would be to take what you get from my reviews, as well as all the other reviewers (all handily linked through MoS, natch), and base any improvements you choose to make on all of them at once.
Words of wisdom right here. Remember that all of us judges and critics are just normal, everyday people. If we didn't particularly like your moveset, but you think it's perfect, then keep it how it is. This isn't about trying to impress us.

And yes, if you want a moveset to be re-reviewed, leave a comment. I won't speak for any other reviewer, but I think it'd be good to keep this place free of comments concerning the reviews. Let's keep it just for the movesets.
I'm in full agreement with this. Display and comment on movesets here. Don't quibble over reviews and such.

D

Deleted member

I just added percentages to Chosen One's attacks on the first page. Could someone tell me how realistic they are? I just want to know so I can make similar changes to the rest of my movesets.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Words of wisdom right here. Remember that all of us judges and critics are just normal, everyday people. If we didn't particularly like your moveset, but you think it's perfect, then keep it how it is. This isn't about trying to impress us.

I'm in full agreement with this. Display and comment on movesets here. Don't quibble over reviews and such.
Why Mr. Kibble, I fail to see a Comment Button on your page!

May I ask you to rejudge Xemnas and Asta?

1) ORGANIZED EVERYTHING, EXCEPT FOR ETC.

2) I fixed/added/replaced moves in the movesets. Only a few, though.

3) Added more detail to attacks, such as damage percents and the like.

4) Buffed/nerfed characters to balance. Like Xemnas has low priority and Asta has more power.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
There is a button on the right-side navigation menu that says "Reevaluate Me!"

;)

EDIT: Looks as though you found it.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
I noticed something; The Ridley moveset hasn't been rated by Mendez! Is it because it was so awful?

D

Deleted member

No, it's probably the lack of a picture.

[SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE]Chosen One needs comments on damage percentages![/SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE]

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Ridley moveset has a picture, last time I checked.
Okay this is seriously the last time I respond to this stuff on the forums.

Does it have a Neutral A, 3 Tilts, 3 Smashes, 5 Aerials, 4 Specials, and a Final Smash?

If it does, as well as a picture (that's actually viewable in the post), then it probably wasn't complete when I first went through the page it's on. I'll gladly add it if you provide a link, and all the requirements are met.

If you have questions about anything to do with my reviews, post a comment on the blog.

MyNameIsRyan

Smash Journeyman
Well there's a tree... and.... uh i see a car... a
My first time so go easy :)

Darth Vader

http://www.buystarwarscostumes.com/uploads/darth_vader_authentic.jpg

Wow! It seems the Dark Lord of the Sith has joined the brawl! Incredibly powerful and slow the Master of the Force is a something to be reckoned with!

A: Vader does a basic slash 5%
AA: Vader does a slash from the opposite 7%
AAA: Vader takes his lightsaber above his head and brings it down n hie opponent 8% Will ko at high damages

Ftilt: Vader does a slice on his the opponents chest: 12% Slight lag and can KO 110%

Utilt: Does a slash above his head. 11% Can be used to chain up combos.

Dtilt: Leans down and slashes near the floor 9% Also can be used to chain up combos.

Prone attack; Stands up and does a spining slash 5% Not much here

Ledge attack: Hops up and does a quick slash 4% Not much here

Nair: Uses the force to throw his lightsaber around him. 9% Clears out nearby opponents

Fair: Does a forward slash 15% Pretty powerful with some lag. Can leave Vader open to attacks.

Bair: Quickly turns around and slashes with his lightsaber 11% Slightly faster then his fair less powerful though. Less lag and quicker recovery.

Dair: Blasts oponents down with a Force blast 20% Very effective meteor smash. Not a large hit box

Fsmash: Lifts his lightsaber above his head slams it down as hard as he can similar to Ike's: 21%-40% if charged enough can KO at 40% Very powerful, Lag after it is done.

Dsmash; Does a force blast which knocks away opponents. 15& Small lag after execution Good knock back at moderate damage.

B Does a quick Force push. Decent range and knockback. 8%-11%

>B Throws his lightsaber. Has the range of the range of the Falcon kick. 14%-19

Down B Uses the force to block any attacks and projectiles. If he is hit by a projectile he blows it back 10%. If it is an attack he does a quick slash at his opponent.13%

^B: throws his lightsaber digannonoly from his postion and leaps up there. 9% damage. Lightsaber has to contact with the opponent.

Grab: Pummel Does a force choke attack 2% each

Fthrow: Levitates his opoonent and throws his lightsaber at the opponent. 8%

Bthrow; Tosses his opoonent behind him 9%

Uthrow: tosses his opoonent up and Force chokes them 11%

Dthrow: slams his opoonents down with the Force 10%

^taunt: Evil laugh

>taunt: Says "Are you afraid?"

Down taunt: Says "You dont know the power of the power of the Dark Side"

Victory 1: :You were to weak to face we."
Victory 2: "Dont underestimate the power of the Force."
Victory 3:" I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Defeat: Stares at opponent with arms crossed.

Costumes: Default costume with red Lightsaber, Green lightsaber green tint on shoulders, Blue lightsaber Anakin Skywalker costume.

Final Smash: Sends out a blue wave of Force energy. Anyone caught is raised up to the air. He throws his lightsaber at the opponents. Using the force to toss his lightsaber dealing 60% Then slams his opoonents down doing 20% damage. This can KO at 30%

Snake codec: I dont know a good codec :(

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'll give this a go...

Parin

The spunky heroine from the great action-RPG Gurumin marches into battle, legendary drill in hand. She fights with sass and determination, all while looking stylish in red goggles. A character based around combos and multi- hit attacks, she can build damage as good as anyone but may have trouble getting that all-important KO.

Some pictures for yas

---------------------------------

Height - Fairly short, similar to Mario

Weight - Light-weight

Speed - Slow walk, average dash, average run

Jump - A bit slow to get off the ground. Jump is short, shorthop is short, second jump is short.

Air Movement - Very fast

Grab Range - Below average

Power - Needs to wait until about 115% before kills are reliable, but can still KO at around 100% with the right moves. Down-B can kill at under 100% when fully charged.

KOing: Has a few reliable killing moves but most require setup or risk. F-smash kills at 100% or so but the startup is a dead giveaway. F-air and d-smash are her best kill moves, with d-air spiking, upB and uncharged downB following.

Combo Ability - Very good, lots of moves lead into other extremely well, making damage dealing easy. Grabs set up combos but her grab range is fairly poor.

Shield Options - Great. U-smash has great priority and damage and upB is quick enough to punish most attacks. Grabbing into a u-throw or d-throw sets up combos.

Roll - Very fast but covers average distance.

Dodge - Average

Airdodge - Average

Recovery - Very good. UpB and SideB have high priority, making edgeguarding difficult.

Standard A: Jab > Jab > Kick
Basic 1-2-3 combo. Comes out fast, knocks the enemy away. Great for defensive purposes.

F-tilt: Drill Stab (up to 3x)
Parin stabs forward quickly with her drill, poking the opponent from a distance. Can be repeated up to three times. Fast with great range. Doesn't deal much damage, last hit does minor knockback. Sets up nicely for combos. Decent priority, can stop most projectiles.

D-tilt: Low Kick
Parin does a low short kick with ok range. Quick with low knockback. Can trip at low percentages. Pops the opponent up otherwise, making it good for comboing. Fairly poor priority, however.

U-tilt: Skyward Poke
Parin pokes her drill striaght up. It's quick and deals pretty good knockback. Horizontal range is lacking and it lags a bit. Priority is fairly average. Clashes with a lot of aerials.

Dash: Spinning Drill
Parin spins her drill like a baton while sliding forward. Hits 3 times but is laggy and shieldgrabbable.

F-smash: Forward Slash
Parin rears back and deals a big overhead slash with her drill. Very good damage and knockback with only a little bit of startup. Lags a bit, though. Range is very good and safe on shield at maximum range. Sweetspot is anywhere on the drill bit.

D-smash: Pretty Missile Kick
Parin puts her drill into the ground, then spins backward while kicking before slamming her feet in front of her. Decent knockback and fairly quick startup. Lag is not bad but still punishable.

U-smash: Drill Flip
Parin filps her drill around above her head. Deals multiple hits and pretty good damage. First hit knocks the opponent into the other hits. Deals modest knockback in a 45 degree angle.

N-air: Spin Kick
Parin kicks three times very quickly. Good priority with decent knockback on the last hit.

F-air: Drill Slash
Slashes her drill in front of her. Very quick with good knockback that autocancels out of a shorthop. Prime KO move for Parin.

B-air: Reverse Drill
Spins her drill bit behind her in midair. Quick to come out and deals multiple hits. Can poke through shields but does little damage and low knockback. Autocancels. Range is lacking and active hitbox is short.

U-air: Air Drill
Pokes her drill above her head in midair and spins the drill bit. Deals multiple hits and delivers decent knockback on the last hits. Can KO at high percentages off the top. Combos well off of up throws. Lags on landing, though.

D-air: Downward Lunge
Pokes her drill downward then Parin does a little midair merry-go-round while riding on the drill. Slow to come out, deals multiple hits on the sides and spikes at the tip when the move comes out. Has a landing hitbox when fastfalled.

B: Drill Shot
Parin fires a slow-moving beam of energy from her drill. Range is limited. Deals minor damage and knockback.

SideB: Spinning Dance
Parin does a three hit combo of drill slashes while advancing forward. Comes out slow but can't be DIed out of. Does decent damage and knockback but doesn't KO until very high percentages. Stalls falling momentum when done in midair and can be done multiple times, making it a good recovery move. Not that great of an attack since it's not strong enough to make up for the fact that it's punishable and hard to hit with.

UpB: Drillnado
Parin performs a move similar to Link's Spin Attack. Deals multiple hits and vertical knockback on the ground and the last hit can KO at high percentages, but it's has a bit of startup. The air version is for recovery and comes out faster, but it's way weaker.

DownB: Drill Charge
A great move and key for Parin's offense when used properly. Hold B to charge Parin's drill and release to perform a forward drilling attack.

Range is lacking somewhat but Parin can move around freely while holding B. When fully charged, it is unblockable and KOs at 80% without DI. Startup is pretty slow when fully charged, meaning it's hard to combo into. Uncharged, it comes out very fast, deals OK damage and can KO at 125%. It also murders shields (though it can't shield poke...).

Pressing A will cancel the charge with an quick upward slash that launches with set knockback, making it a good combo starter. It lags when it misses and has IASA frames on hit, meaning you can follow-up with a quick aerial, u-air preferably.

Final Smash: Dragon Flame
Parin leaps up, twirls around and slams her drill into the ground, launching a huge blast of energy that deals huge damage and knockback. Anyone caught in the startup is almost certianly going to be KO'd. Easy to dodge.

Grab - Regular grab
Pummel - Kicks the opponent
F-throw - Smacks the opponents away with her drill. Decent knockback.
B-throw - Tosses the opponent behind her and hits them away like a baseball. Can KO.
U-throw - Tosses them up and drills them from below before sending them away. Deals good damage.
D-throw - Bonks them in the head with the drill, knocking them to the ground. Great for setting up a tech chase.

Taunts:
Up - Holds her drill behind her head and poses breifly.
Side - Sneezes
Down - Flips her drill up and down a few times.

Victory Poses
1. Eats a piece of shortcake and smiles at the camera.
2. Does her end-of-stage victory dance.
3. Fires off her drill and poses.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Lol. Just got this message on my Freewebs...

--------------- Form Response ---------------

01 - What is your SmashBoards username? = Chief Mendez
02 - Which moveset of yours would you like reevaluated? = Gray Fox
03 - Why do you want this moveset reevaluated? = I want to make more work for you.
04 - If you selected above that you made updates, what kind of updates did you make? = I ate a taco!
05 - If you selected above that you don't think I judged you fairly before, please explain: = I moved the picture.

I DEMAND AN S+
06 - All right, then, anything else you want to say? = Nope. :D

--------------- End of Form ---------------
I knew I'd get that from somebody before long. ;)

Just thought I'd let you guys know, it's been done, so it's not funny or original or anything anymore. Mendez beat you to it. So no more clutterin' mah inbox, y'hear?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
What the-- Awesome! I just found out how to put background music on...

+2000 Awesome Points to anyone who can name all three songs (one should be easy). Yeah, there are only three; it wouldn't let me put one on the links page...

EDIT: Wait, wait, gotta get 'em all up right... It's being picky... I got two, but the last one won't go up...

D

Deleted member

Menu 1 (Super Smash Bros. Melee) is one...

The one on the review page sounds like something out of DKC2...

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371

After years of being a boss, the great Master Hand has finally decided to join the fighters!

Stats (Out of 5)
Power: 4
Speed: 2
Weight: 2.8 (He floats)
Size: 4.5
Range: 3.5
Jump: 4 (Has 3 Jumps)
Crawl: Yes
Wall Cling: No
Wall Jump: No
Glide: No
Swim Time: Short

Visuals
Basic Pose: His basic pose from all his boss fights
Idle Pose: Clenches into a fist for a moment
Walking: Floats forward slowly, moving up and down slightly.
Running: Floats forward faster, no longer moving up and down
Dashing: Is balled into a fist and is shooting forward.
Jump 1: Balls into a fist and jumps up slightly, doing a single spin
Jump 2/3: Simple hops, no real animation.

*Based on a move from his Boss Fights
**Loosely based on a move from his Boss Fights

Tilts
A: 3-Poke attack*
Forward Tilt: Pokes forward with the index and middle finger
Up Tilt: Flicks his index finger upward
Down Tilt: Drums his fingers once
Dashing A: Walks on two fingers, and flicks the opponent away*

Smashes
Forward Smash: Slaps the ground*
Up Smash: Uppercut
Down Smash: Slams the ground spinning like a drill, hitting multiple times*

Aerials
Neutral Air: Fans out his fingers and spins around multiple times in a similar fashion to Wario's Nair.
Forward Air: Clips his index and middle fingers together like a pair of scissors.
Back Air: Clenches his fist and fires a small burst of fire from his back**
Up Air: Pauses in midair and does an uppercut. But is in a complete loop, so there is no recovery from it.
Down Air: Turns and flicks downward. Meteor Smash.

Grabs
Grab: Clutches the opponent, who dissapears into his fist*
Grab A: Squeezes the enemy*
Throws: All from his Boss Fights, which he basically just tosses them in the respective direction. Not much to say here*

Specials

B: Laser Tips*
Master Hand fires thin lasers from his fingertips. Only the middle and index fingers do damage, though. The rest are just there for show. The direction of the lasers cannot be controlled, they fluctuate back and forth until the attack ends. Does little knockback, but hits multiple times. Continue the attack by holding B. But it will end automatically after 5 seconds.

Side B: Earthbreaker*
Master Hand flies up a short way, then slams down with his fist, which plants enemies in the ground. He still "jumps" even if it is used in the air. It is a Meteor Smash, but is is about as useful as Dedede's Up B Spike, so... Yeah.

Up B: Master Missle*
Master Hand's signuature move. Chargeable. The flight is controlled similar to PK Thunder is, but if you do too many turns, Master Hand will fizzle out and go into helpless, so it's best to go in a straight line. Without a charge, it will only last about 3 seconds, but with a full charge, it lasts about 5-6 seconds.

Down B: Rocket Knuckle
Master Hand balls into a fist and begins to shake. After a few seconds, he shoots forward at a blinding speed, then shoots in from the other side to back where he was. VERY slow, taking about 5 seconds to use. To clear up any confusion, it is NOT chargeable. That is the move.

Final Smash: Crazy Hand*
What's this!? Crazy Hand is a MOVE!? Yes, when Master Hand gets the Smash Ball, Crazy Hand appears alongside Master Hand to fight! They give a high-five, and then fly off the screen, and then come back swingin'. They do a couple punches across the screen similar to Kat and Ana or Latios and Latias do, then they reappear on the screen and do a few of their tag team moves from their Boss Battles. Then, Crazy and Master ball up into fists and fly to opposite sides of the screen, at which point, they slam each other at a super-high speed, creating a massive explosion. The explosion covers up the two, and when the smoke clears, only Master Hand is left. You don't control this attack, the duo do all the work for you.

Other

Entrance: Appears from the side and gives an evil laugh*

Taunt 1: Wags one finger and laughs.
Taunt 2: Gives a thumbs down
Taunt 3: Flips you off Balls into a fist and raises up slightly, giving a big laugh.

Victory Pose 1: Slams down with his fist, which shakes the screen.
Victory Pose 2: Crazy Hand appears from the side, who high-fives Master Hand, and they then both ball into fists and raise up, laughing together.
Victory Pose 3: Does a little victory dance on his index and middle fingers.
Losing Pose: Snaps

Alt. Costumes:

Kirby Hat:

Yeah... It's a tad scary, I must say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom