• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
@SirKibble: yep, thats the good old brawl menu 1... the one on the evaluations page I believe is black omen from chrono tigger ~ O_o

@mendez: I take back what I said about SirKibble being harsh. you are harsher. (I'm saying that & u didn't even rate any of my movesets yet lol)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Copied and pasted for comments on Noxus for Delta: Noxus is almost -too- detailed, it's hard to read and get what's important out of your descriptions. Colors would also be very welcome. He seems rather overpowered with the constant freezing. His grab also seems rather unbalanced, and he doesn't seem to have any real negatives. You also forgot to give him an fthrow.

Master Hand's pretty good, I especially like the final smash. However; I feel the Yoshimitsu moveset is underdetailed. Check my moveset in my sig if you so wish.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Copied and pasted for comments on Noxus for Delta: Noxus is almost -too- detailed, it's hard to read and get what's important out of your descriptions. Colors would also be very welcome. He seems rather overpowered with the constant freezing. His grab also seems rather unbalanced, and he doesn't seem to have any real negatives. You also forgot to give him an fthrow.

Master Hand's pretty good, I especially like the final smash. However; I feel the Yoshimitsu moveset is underdetailed. Check my moveset in my sig if you so wish.
What sig? You have no sig. And really, that moveset must be pretty ****ing win if you think it's better than that one.

D

Deleted member

@Darth Vader: It could use some organization, colors, and stats, but otherwise it's pretty good.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Ewww...Gurumin. It was like a PSX game from 1997 was published a decade late.

So I didn't like the game, but--a moveset is a moveset. Just glancing over it, I can tell it needs work (though this is your first 'set, right?). I swear if I see one more PunchPunchKick combo, I'm going to punch something. Also, Drill Charge might be powerful, but it's not very original, is it?

Parin should have some kind of digging maneuver. Like, for instance, her Down Special could put her underground, where she can move around before coming back up while attacking.

...or something.

EDIT - @ half silver28: I did your Lloyd & Colette set, I believe. Somewhere around page 14.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Gah, I generally use the quick reply button, and when using quick reply the default option is to NOT show your sig. Sorry. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with it as far as concepts go, I just feel it could use more detail is all. Don't mean to lash out at you, but I don't exactly feel like mine's inferrior, alright? It's around the level of yours, perhaps slightly above, perhaps slightly below. I'm not going a direct comparison. Anyway, this post has my sig attached, go check it.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Ewww...Gurumin. It was like a PSX game from 1997 was published a decade late.

So I didn't like the game, but--a moveset is a moveset. Just glancing over it, I can tell it needs work (though this is your first 'set, right?). I swear if I see one more PunchPunchKick combo, I'm going to punch something. Also, Drill Charge might be powerful, but it's not very original, is it?

Parin should have some kind of digging maneuver. Like, for instance, her Down Special could put her underground, where she can move around before coming back up while attacking.

...or something.

EDIT - @ half silver28: I did your Lloyd & Colette set, I believe. Somewhere around page 14.
More like a PC game that came out in 2004. And on the PSP in 2007. :/

I was thinking of replacing the jabs with the f-tilt combo and changing f-tilt to a simple drilling move like the current downB without the charge, power or lag.

Drill Charge is one of her moves in the game. You gained power by using it to drill obstacles, and you could move freely while holding the charge. If you jumped, you did a launcher instead. The only thing is a full charge would do a move similar to MK's Drill Rush, which I DIDN'T want to give her.

And she NEVER digs in the game. EVER. Closest thing is those little holes that increased her drill meter but she never actually used her drill on them. Why would she dig in SSB if she never dug in her own game? Save that for Knuckles. :p

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Gah, I generally use the quick reply button, and when using quick reply the default option is to NOT show your sig. Sorry. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with it as far as concepts go, I just feel it could use more detail is all. Don't mean to lash out at you, but I don't exactly feel like mine's inferrior, alright? It's around the level of yours, perhaps slightly above, perhaps slightly below. I'm not going a direct comparison. Anyway, this post has my sig attached, go check it.
Well I personally feel that mine is better, which is in no way insulting yours. Yours is good, but I prefer mine.

Oh and btw, Master Hand just got a Kirby Hat. I said it was gonna get wierd, and I never lie. So look at your own risk.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
@SirKibble: yep, thats the good old brawl menu 1... the one on the evaluations page I believe is black omen from chrono tigger ~ O_o
That is correct!! Now if only I could've gotten that last one up...

@mendez: I take back what I said about SirKibble being harsh. you are harsher. (I'm saying that & u didn't even rate any of my movesets yet lol)
See, I'm not so bad...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
More like a PC game that came out in 2004.
I did not know this. A friend of mine owns it on PSP, so that's where I know it from. Anyway, I say "like a PSX game from 1997" because it has all the key elements:

1. Poor camera controls.
2. Funky 3D controls, which were all the rage as 3D was coming to consoles in the 90s.
3. A laughably bad story (though maybe that was the point).

In any case, I didn't like it, and didn't really get that far in the game. So for all I knew, she did dig underground somewhere along the line. So you got me there: disregard that entirely. :p

Drill Charge is one of her moves in the game. You gained power by using it to drill obstacles, and you could move freely while holding the charge. If you jumped, you did a launcher instead. The only thing is a full charge would do a move similar to MK's Drill Rush, which I DIDN'T want to give her.
Well, it still sounds boring, even if it is from the game. Why not let her charge it while moving and jumping, and even let her drill into walls for a sort of pseudo-wall cling. Anything to make it more unique.

EDIT - HOLY GOD MASTER HAND KIRBY

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Umm..... I don't know how to start this, so here it goes:

First, If you don't know how to post pictures (Which you really should know), use the picture of the mountains on the go advanced or this: (IMG)(/IMG) (replace these () with [].

Secondly, I'm seriously surprised about the results of my Plusle and Minun, especially with SirKibble keeping the S rank after revaluating AND Chief Mendez's Score of 31/40 (his highest score is 33/40). You can look at Plusle and Minun at my sig.

Thirdly, Ouendan will probably be done next weekend. A few Spoilers
Most moves will utilize actions from other characters in Ouendan, there will be about 24-36 costumes with most in need to be unlocked, and the cheerleaders and some characters from Ouendan be Assist Trophies
Delibird will be made afterwards.

Lastly, Today is my birthday, so hooray for my 137th post, which I hope respond to.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
The Master hand moveset = Epic win
I espicially like the Final Smash
And i actually like the Kirby hat :p

Spartan64

Smash Journeyman
CHALLENGER APPROACHING: THE JOKER

The Joker is a villian from the very popular batman comic book and more recentley the amazing movie The Dark Knight. The Joker brings along with him his trusty knives, grenades ,and fists. able to hold his own against Batman ,The Joker is adept in using all kinds of weaponry. Mentally Insane, The Joker has no morals and will do anything to achieve what he desires.

Moveset

Neutral/Tilts

A: You Know why I dont use guns?:Swipes a knife horizontality :does 3 % ,stretches his arm slightly not much range

AAA: Rabid Swipes:Swipes knife in a infinite sign very fast , same as A

Forward Tilt: Swan Song: Jabs Knife Forward: does 5% Leans forward and streatches his arm far, decent range

Up Tilt: grab the bat:Crosses Two Knives Upward: 5% He does a slight hop as he does this move giving it slihtly better range.

Down Tilt: ooh thats gotta sting:Kicks in the leg 7% this is a very close attack with hardley any range

Aerials

Neutral: Joke fu: Kicks Forward 6% leg extended all the way ,good range. ok knockback

Forward:oh darling:dives forward with knives in his hands with arms reaching out 13% Very Good Range not much knockback

Back: come on, hit me :Slams backward with left hand . big knockback sometimes spikes 15% Decent range

Down: Trapieze:does a flip while holding knives: 13% Allright range. good knockback

Up: Evil Grace:Does a flip kick with spiked shoes: 14% Great range. great knockback

Smashes

Forward: Jokers wild:Spike comes out of the top of his shoe, he takes a step back and runs and kick them in the stomach: takes a bit of carging time but incredibly powerfull. at full 25% He has a pretty big area as he takes a few steps back, he also lifts his leg very high up. good range very good knockback

Down: Purple twister: He spins arround throwing iron joker cards , good combo starter.18, the cards issapear very quickly but if you are with 5 steps you will get hit. not much knockback

Up : Juggling act:Juggles a home run bat, a Torch , and a Sword, He juggles them very high with very good range, if you get hit by the bat, you get damaged, if you get hit by the torch you get set on fire, if you get hit by the sword you get spiked HARD. The more you charge it the longer the range is, either way freaking amazing range

Specials

Neutral: heres my card: throws iron joker cards 5% same lifespan as an arrow except this is more like a shuriken

Forward: Bazooka: he fires it and the goes flying back if hits it does massive damage .
joker is left open for a second after 20% bazooka rocket will go untill of screen, the joker flies quite a bit back

Down: Aggresive expansion: Throws gunpowder in front of him and then throws a match if you charge it more gupowder is thrown making it more powerfull and longer range 5 seconds would be about 17%

Up: Flying Colours:Throws a grenade on the ground , the blast explodes him into the air about the same length as sonics springboard. 15% the explosion i the same as one of snakes grenades, also has the effect of a smoke bomb

Grabs/Throws

Forward Throw: well hello there:.He shakes their hand with an electronic buzer, massivley electrocuting them and throwing them forward: 13%

Up Throw: CATCH!: He throws them up and then throws a bomb toward them, explodes
%15
Back throw: Just a little blood: Holds them out and roundhouse kicks them with spiked shoe 14%

Down throw, How abput a magic trick:sets a pencil on the ground, slams their head into the pencil, this is big damage, afterwards he says "hah, its gone!" 19%

Final Smash

WHY SO SERIOUS

The Joker runs to the person closest to him, grabs the by the shirt, puts a knife in their mouth and mutters, "Why So Serious?" He drives the kife through their mouth, but we cant see it because it shows the joker do it. This is a huge 60% damage hit To determine if he can hit come one all other characters are put on a knife tossing board whoever the joker hits gets smashed, but you can roll and dodge.

Random

Logo

Kirby Hat: The Jokers Scars

Entry: He jumps out of a truck that one of his henchemen is driving

Up Taunt He Laughs

Side taunt: "A little fight in ya, I like that"

Down taunt: "Come on! Hit Me!

Victory act 1: "You wanna know how i got these scars?"

Victory act 2: reveals grenades in his suit connect to rings on his fingers, "lets not blow this out of proportion" he slowly walks away

Victory Act 3: he laughs his weird laugh "ha he ho hee hee ha ho, and i thought my jokes were bad"

Stage: The Jokers Building:

The Joker has possesed a very tall building to set up base, as this building was not completed at the time, there are no windows
The Jokers building has three floors, the first two have pillars that you can destroy, by doing this you cant go to the next floor, the top floor has over arching ledges that you can jump down from to get to the lower floor

Wiimote sound: Laughing

SSE Role: After gaining Master Hands trust, The Joker betrays master hand and learns about Tabuu, The joker tries to black mail Tabuu but is not able to do so because Tabuu finds the joker and turns him into a trophey.

Assist Trophey: Batman

Batman appears out of the assist Trophey with one of three gadgets, The Batmobile, The Batcycle, or the Batarang, The batmobile wil just slam in to people on a straight path with huge force, the Batcycle will hit people but pring them with it and the batarangs will combo players up into the air

Codex:
Snake: Hey Ottacon, am i fighting a clown
Batman: I wouldnt be too skeptical of him if i were you.
snake: wait, who are you?
Batman: im batman, protector of gotham city, and the clown your fighting is the joker the clown prince of crime,
Snake, so whats so special aboout him
Batman: he and his army havve overtake several arms manulfactuners, gaining him access to all sorts of weaponry, he also is very skilled in the art of knives
Snake: that dosent sound too funny.
Batman: you dont know the half of it, good luck
Snake:wait,who are you really
Batman...
end

Stage Music:

Why So Serious:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB5tbTpQvsM

Agent Of Chaos:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa_KqlEAICA&feature=related

Introduce a little anarchy:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJItI5ZhgVc&feature=related

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Thirdly, Ouendan will probably be done next weekend. A few Spoilers
Most moves will utilize actions from other characters in Ouendan, there will be about 24-36 costumes with most in need to be unlocked, and the cheerleaders and some characters from Ouendan be Assist Trophies

Lastly, Today is my birthday, so hooray for my 137th post, which I hope respond to.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YO!

To be honest, the idea of each stage's character(s) being used for attacks worries me. The Ouendan alone are unique enough (I mean, there area total of ZERO characters who can list "dancing" as their fighting style), so it seems like a missed opportunity to me. But I'll wait until the actual 'set comes out to say for certain.

Also in case you missed it, try and keep all discussion about my reviews on the blog itself. There's no rule against posting a complimentary comment on there or anything. :bee:

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Good job, that Joker moveset isn't so bad. It could use a bit more detail, but I can understand it. You're missing percentages, attributes, sweetspots, and the like.

Also, question. How do you link to individual posts?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Of course we'll hold bias to our own creations. I of course personally think mine's better as well, but I can regognize the quality in yours. I'm surprised how different they turned out to be honest, seeing as I hadn't seen yours before I made mine. I based it off the attacks in Soul Calibur I felt were the most famous for the specials, and I felt the poison breath wasn't used often enough.

My Voldo moveset is coming around splendidly. I'm not going to give anything away yet and I'm not that far into development, but I have a decent idea of how it's going to go. He has more attacks then the regular character does, literally, and it's really helping to give him his own unique feel. I'm trying hard to keep him balanced, if anything he'll be underpowered, as he's very fast and weak for the most part, havinga lot of quick spammable attacks, but little to no kill moves to speak off.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Good job, that Joker moveset isn't so bad.

Also, question. How do you link to individual posts?
Click the number of your post, which is in the top right of each post. In your case, that would be the #2420. Your browser will open a new tab containing only that post.

Copy and Paste that URL, then go to town. :bee:

peeup

Smash Lord
@Joker: Vague. It needs ALOT more description if its going to go anywhere

@Blitzkrieg: If you're out there, I have to say I probably won't be able to find the time to help out with luxord.

Spartan64

Smash Journeyman
Thanks , the dark knight is my favorite movie and i wuz offended it hasent been made yet
also im not done yet by a very long shot so dont think thats it

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
The joker moveset has good orignality, but doesn't have enough details with how it affects gameplay. I want details on the range, damage and knockback of the moves, and it overall feels sort of rushed. Good rough draft, but not a very good final product. This is coming from a big joker fan.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I did not know this. A friend of mine owns it on PSP, so that's where I know it from. Anyway, I say "like a PSX game from 1997" because it has all the key elements:

1. Poor camera controls.
2. Funky 3D controls, which were all the rage as 3D was coming to consoles in the 90s.
3. A laughably bad story (though maybe that was the point).

In any case, I didn't like it, and didn't really get that far in the game. So for all I knew, she did dig underground somewhere along the line. So you got me there: disregard that entirely. :p

Well, it still sounds boring, even if it is from the game. Why not let her charge it while moving and jumping, and even let her drill into walls for a sort of pseudo-wall cling. Anything to make it more unique.
The gameplay is actually pretty fun (for me, at least) and the camera is ok. I never had issues with it other than the crap loading times on the PSP version. Too bad it was never released in English for the PC. :/

Anyway, if you read my moveset again, you'll see that I ALREADY proposed freedom of movement while charging the drill. Press downB to initiate, and hold B to continue charging. Pressing A while charging would cancel the charge and perform the launcher I talked about. I didn't talk about how shielding would affect the move, but for balance purposes I say it would probably cancel the move entirely.

This freedom of movement is why I proposed added startup upon releasing a fully-charged DownB to make it ever so slightly harder to land.

Drilling into the wall on the other hand doesn't sound too practical or even fitting. I was thinking of giving her a level up system with downB, in which hitting anything with the move would increase her attack power. But, I find that may introduce some balancing issues.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
@Blitzkrieg: If you're out there, I have to say I probably won't be able to find the time to help out with luxord.
That's OK. I'll do it myself. Although he won't be my next project. It will be, (I'm not going to start them now, I'll do it another time)

Lambda Lambda Lambda (The Nerds)

This moveset will feature Louis, Booger, Lamar, and Ogre, as well as any other that has a good moveset going for it. I won't do every single one.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
ack. apparently, you did not like the way I organized my movesets at all. either that, or you rated them BEFORE I reorganized them yesterday. & I also lost originality points for some of my basic attacks (I'm guessing tilts & aerials are the main offenders here). Honestly, I don't know how much more I can put into those.

also... i'm seriously relieved that ur not one of the judges for this contest... or are you???!!! *gasp*

one more thing... I do not at all approve of ur dislike of Colette (as a character) :urg:

half_silver28

Smash Ace
... he would the obligatory harsh british judge of MYM... lol.

although I don't think he's british at all ~ :laugh:

edit ~ I see you added a third song to ur MYM evaluation thing. unfortunatly, I don't know that one :(

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Updated Dalek with my new format. Next is Luffy, who I also need to make %'s for.:(

Joker is ridiculously under-detailed, which is a great shame. A lot of the attacks are unique (Using the force of the knockback of a bazooka for an attack? Juggling a torch, a sword, and a bat? Awesome!), but uniqueness won't get you far without some good old fashioned detail. Damage %s are a major plus.

My next moveset will take forever to get to at the rate I'm updating my former ones.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Does that mean I get to be Randy?

"That moveset... Man, it was just a'ight for me, man. I just wasn't feelin' it, I guess, man, I just wasn't feelin' it..."

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Here is a link to all my movesets, in order of the time I posted them.

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5205508&postcount=1608 - Ray 01

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5237965&postcount=2103 - Xatu

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5253491&postcount=2278 - Noxus

I would like some feedback. Also, look forward to seeing the revised/completed Joker moveset. It looks very interesting but it isn't detailed enough. If something is interesting, there should be SOMETHING for my interest to look in to.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
He's not currently, but by dang, he should be.
O.o

half silver28 said:
ack. apparently, you did not like the way I organized my movesets at all. either that, or you rated them BEFORE I reorganized them yesterday.
The latter's probably the case. I probably did that page somewhere during the middle of the week (as a guess), and if you changed things up yesterday, then there's a disconnect.

My advice: polish it up however you can now that you know how I feel about it, then resubmit it on MoS. And while it is true that I hate Colette more than practically any other Tales character, I don't let personal preferences influence my scores (or so I say...).

EDIT - @KoJ: Luffy had better be d*mn awesome. For serious. *_*

Pip pip, cheerio!

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Does that mean I get to be Randy?

"That moveset... Man, it was just a'ight for me, man. I just wasn't feelin' it, I guess, man, I just wasn't feelin' it..."
lol. you strike me more as a paula......................... *kidding*

The latter's probably the case. I probably did that page somewhere during the middle of the week (as a guess), and if you changed things up yesterday, then there's a disconnect.

My advice: polish it up however you can now that you know how I feel about it, then resubmit it on MoS. And while it is true that I hate Colette more than practically any other Tales character, I don't let personal preferences influence my scores (or so I say...).

Pip pip, cheerio!
O_o wtf u are gonna be the obligatory british judge *faints*

anyway, I may be able to figure something out w/ my basic moves. although, I will have to start on the other movesets I want to do SOMETIME... :laugh:

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
EDIT - @KoJ: Luffy had better be d*mn awesome. For serious. *_*
One Piece fan?

I already made him. He's in my siggy. I don't, however, have damage percentages for him yet, and balance issues really plague the moveset. Most moves are either too slow, making them useless, or have problems. Finally, the side b needs to be changed, as it's really, really, really generic. Honestly, I'd say he's my worst moveset even ignoring lack of damage totals.

There are some good points, however. Nearly all of his moves come from the manga (I included Gear 3, Gomu Gomu no Gattling Gun, Bazooka, Axe, Whip, Hammer (Obscure, I know), Pistol, and Storm as a final smash. Why not Gear 2? I just find it one of Luffy's more boring techniques (Wow, he's about ten times faster. How will that not be unbalanced?). Gear 2 might be a good idea for an alternate costume, but I don't really want it being a gameplay factor.

And yes, one of his taunts is eating meat.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
edit ~ I see you added a third song to ur MYM evaluation thing. unfortunatly, I don't know that one :(
Oh, dang... Well, it's a remix anyway. Theme of Protoman (second coolest character in the history of anything, IMO).

lol. you strike me more as a paula......................... *kidding*
"I just... I just love how you make these movesets and you give it your best week after week. And I just... I love you, and all these people love you, and you've just got such a great personality... Oh, wait, this is a singing moveset-making contest, not a popularity contest... Crap..."

Oh, and if I ever figure out how to get music on the page with all the links, it will be the Green Greens: Falcon Punch Remix.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
One Piece fan?
Very much so. It's the best thing Shueisha's put out since Dragon Ball.

---​

Alright, so I looked over it, and...yeah, it needs work.

You can use his giant golden ball from the Eneru battle...his Boxing Glove Rush from the Foxy fight, and you really should use Gear 2 for certain things. Even something as simple as using Jet Pistol as a tilt would work out fine.

And you're missing Luffy's best attack. :p

Also, Luffy's got 2 movesets in Jump Ultimate Stars that you might want to copy off of strategically analyze. It's a stupidly long video, but it's also very throrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom