• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Commander Blitzkrieg said:
Plus: Chief, Baron, you have been added to the Commies.

MISSION F*CKING ACCOMPLISHED

*ahem*

So what exactly does that mean? Somebody wanna' give me a run down?

cheap josh said:
and we haven't had a moveset in awhile to comment on.
If you can wait like, ten minutes, I'm about ready to post one. :bee:

@ Warlord: Magikarp gets a solid 1/40. Needs more BBCode.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Sorry to let my stupidity show, but I must have missed it before. What are the "C.O.M.M.I.E.S."? :ohwell:
Or commies, I stopped seeing the abbreviation form a couple pages ago.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord

MISSION F*CKING ACCOMPLISHED

*ahem*

If you can wait like, ten minutes, I'm about ready to post one. :bee:

@ Warlord: Magikarp gets a solid 1/40. Needs more BBCode.
It means they follow the teachings of Karl Marx and belive everyone should share everything.

LOLWUT?!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
While my Voldo moveset is doing very well in the popular opinion, it is also only -#2- in popular opinion, second to Dracula. Nightmare will have to steal his throne.
"He who is greedy is always in want."

Thy greed shall be thy undoing. ;)

I lol'd. Hard.

It means you're special and your votes count more than normal people when deciding the winners. ;)

Winners are determined by a combination of popular vote and the picks of the Commies. Not exactly sure how, but we basically pick the winners after the popular vote.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I just saw some reviews for my entrys again. They hurt mah feelings :(

But hey, all i did was enter this contest for fun and as long as SOME people enjoy my movesets, I'm happy.
Sorry for wasting wall space. I just had to get this off my chest, cause of School stress and forcing to go to work. AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
The C.O.M.M.I.E.S. are basically the people who'll decide the winners of the contest. The judges, in other words. The rest of you commoners are the Jury: the popular vote that's taken into account when picking the final winners.

I know what they are, but I just wanted to know all that this entails. I suppose I wasn't clear before...:urg:

EDIT - For what it's worth, TWILTHERO, I like reading your movesets. They're not the best ones out there, but at least you pick interesting, semi-likely characters. And you usually do a pretty good job of getting me to actually see the character in motion.

Which frankly, most people don't manage so well.

majora_787

Smash Hero
The rest of you commoners are the Jury: the popular vote that's taken into account when picking the final winners.
In that case, I vote for Gray Fox and Skull Kid. I will admit that the Gray Fox moveset was probably the current best thing put into this thread so far, but I think Skull Kid can at least make the top five, maybe.

majora_787

Smash Hero
mendez is a commie??? I'm a bit scared now lol

@majora: UR DOING IT WRONG ~ u shouldn't be voting yet ~ :lick:
I'm voting for Gray Fox because in my honest opinion, that moveset is so good it's currently garaunteed a spot in the top 3/50.

I voted for Skull Kid for the lulz.

I don't care if the votes even get counted, but I would prefer that my opinion is understood beforehand so I don;t have to explain later.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
half silver28 said:
@majora: UR DOING IT WRONG ~ u shouldn't be voting yet ~
This.

(I think) There'll be a period near the end where you can't submit any more movesets, and everyone will be asked to vote for their favorites. But for now, there're still movesets coming down the pipe, so voting would be sort of leaping before we looked.
Though I do appreciate the vote of confidence, majora 787

Sonic the Baron said:
If that's the case, then why am I a COMMIE? >:(
Seems you've been drafted, ma'boy. :bee:

...Though I'm sure Blitzkrieg'll take you off the list if you ask him.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Okay I'm bored but I don't want to give up JUST yet...so I'm gonna enter two more custom characters.
For the lulz.
I assume I still have a couple months to do so, anyway.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
It means you're special and your votes count more than normal people when deciding the winners. ;)

Winners are determined by a combination of popular vote and the picks of the Commies. Not exactly sure how, but we basically pick the winners after the popular vote.
Oh, okay. Sounds good to me. :bee:

majora 787 said:
I assume I still have a couple months to do so, anyway.
Oh yeah. There's no rush yet. Even if it is decided to end the thread earlier than January, it's not going to end, like, tomorrow or something.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I know what they are, but I just wanted to know all that this entails. I suppose I wasn't clear before...:urg:
I think that's about all any of us knows, 'cept maybe Blitzkrieg... :ohwell:

We just know we're special! :psycho:

And yes, there will be a time near the end when no movesets are allowed, when we vote/judge. This is otherwise known as the Week of Withdrawals, because all of you will want to submit movesets, but won't be allowed to until MYM 4.0, assuming there is one.

majora_787

Smash Hero
:urg:

Almost nobody has commented on my movesets...

You guys suck.
People stopped commenting on my movesets after Death Sword. Death Sword hasn't even been EVALUATED yet, which makes me a bit nervous...

And IMHO, there can't be TOO many MYMs. There are only so many game characters who can have a moveset. I suggest waiting until 2010 before considering it.

Anyone know why 2010? XD

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
You know what? Screw it. Blitzkrieg doesn't find my review site valid due to me being too harsh, most likely specifically on his movesets, and most of the others who I do review appreciate the feedback. Seeing as a good portion of the movesets I end up reviewing aren't by regulars of the thread, I'm going to start taking requests of movesets people want me to rate instead of going in any particular order.

And, Blitzkrieg, would you include me if I simply just removed the ratings (The numbers and letters?)? The whole reason I'm so harsh is to get people to improve, and all the replies I've gotten have taken my constructive criticism into consideration. To be blunt. . .

I'm looking for a spot on the commitity.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
You know what? Screw it. Blitzkrieg doesn't find my review site valid due to me being too harsh, most likely specifically on his movesets, and most of the others who I do review appreciate the feedback. Seeing as a good portion of the movesets I end up reviewing aren't by regulars of the thread, I'm going to start taking requests of movesets people want me to rate instead of going in any particular order.
o.O

Well, after you finish with the hurricane of people who will undoubtedly jump all over that, could you do mine?

And, Blitzkrieg, would you include me if I simply just removed the ratings (The numbers and letters?)? The whole reason I'm so harsh is to get people to improve, and all the replies I've gotten have taken my constructive criticism into consideration. To be blunt. . .

The truth comes out. ;) What did I tell you about greed? Anyway, I'm for it, but I'm not the one who counts...

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord

Do mine please!!

majora_787

Smash Hero
Okay since there are no movesets and I haven't gotten that much feedback on my movesets, I would DEEPLY APPRECIATE feedback on my movesets Death Sword and after.

I don't want to sound pushy, but I've gotten little to no constructive criticizm.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Let's attack aggressively!

>>>>>>> Bill Rizer & Lance Bean <<<<<<<

<<<<< General Summary >>>>>

"A title awarded to a superior soldier possessing almost super human drive and ability, while excelling in guerrilla tactics."

...The definition of a "Contra". The first few Contra games center around a pair of commandos named Bill Rizer and Lance Bean, who were originally modeled after action movie stars Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone. The pair fought against alien invaders that attempted to conquer the Earth by infiltrating their planet in the distant future of the 27th century. This happened a number of times, and each time, Bill & Lance were called back into action to wipe out the extraterrestrial forces of Red Falcon and, later, Black Viper.

Contra has generally been a series most-synonymous with Nintendo systems. Almost all 9, 16, and 32 bit iterations appeared on Nintendo systems, and the series recently experienced one H3LL of a comeback on the Nintendo DS. Contra is one of the hardest, most enjoyable, and respected action franchises alive today, and Bill Rizer & Lance Bean are the driving force behind it's success.

>>>Videos

Contra III = Level 1 - Probably my 2nd favorite SNES game of all time. :chuckle:

Contra 4 = Final Boss - Done without dying, even. I can attest to how hard that is.

Contra: Shattered Soldier = Stage 4 - THIS IS THE COOLEST THING YOU'LL SEE TODAY O.o

Neo Contra - Stage 2 = Yes, that is a dinosaur.

>>>Play Style

Bill Rizer & Lance Bean are totally reliant on their Contra Rifles. Most of their standard attacks have short range and do little damage (though great knockback), and their most-used move will almost always be Shot, due to it's incredible versatility. They have a pretty terrible recovery, but smart use of Shot in the air will make that a non-issue in the hands of a skilled Bill & Lance player.

Their melee options are more limited, but still pretty useful. They primarily attack with their rifles, wielding them as clubbing tools, but they mix in a few body checks and kick every now and then. Damage isn't their strong point in this area, but almost all their standard attacks have better-than-average knockback, which can create opportunities for them to use their wicked ranged abilities.

>>>Special Traits

> Bill & Lance are a dual character, like the Ice Climbers. Though which you control is randomly selected for each match.
> Both their jumps are totally identical.
> While they can't crawl, they have one of the best crouches in the game, pressing their bodies plat against the ground while aiming forward, and with their knees bent at a right angle, the soles of their feet pointing straight up.
> There's a 1 in 100 chance that Bill & Lance will shout "Die alien scum!" whenever they attack.
> If either Bill or Lance is KO'd, so is the other one. Their bond of friendship extends even to death! Unlike the Ice Climbers, it's very difficult to separate Bill & Lance from each other, requiring an incredibly-powerful attack (Bob-Omb, Fully-charged Smash Attack, etc.) to do so, and even then, they'll be able to stick together unless their % is over 100. So 99% of the time, if you separate them, you'll probably end up scoring a KO.
> If Bill & Lance are separated, the majority of their attacks can't be used. Trying to do so will result in a confused and pained expression from the one you're controlling (separation anxiety).

>>>Stats

Offense = 2
Speed = 4
Weight = 5
Jump Height = 5
Fall Speed = 6
Recovery = 4
Range = 8
Attack Speed = 7

>>>Pros & Cons

> Pros
  • Powerful and unpredictable team attack
  • Super-versatile range attack that can be used in almost any situation
  • Advanced FS is deadly on small stages
  • Fast attacks with great knockback
  • They attack...aggressively!

> Cons
  • Loses parts of their moveset when separated
  • "Advanced" FS is difficult to use well on large, open stages
  • If either dies, they both die
  • Poor recovery
  • Most moves have very specific hitboxes; difficult to time

<<<<< The Moveset >>>>>

Attacks that can only be used with both soldiers are marked with a red *

>>>Standard Attacks

A, A = First, Bill or Lance brings their rifle down in a wide arc from above, stunning their foe. They follow up by twisting to the side and planting a firm boot to the stunned foe's gut, sending them away (3-4% gun, 5-6% kick)

Notes: If you can land the first attack, you'll land the second, due to the stun, which is always the same no matter how much damage your foe has. However, the first hit has really shallow range (though a tall hitbox). Unless your foe is right in front of you, you'll have to hope the kick--which goes much farther, though still not too far--lands.

*Side Tilt = A two-part attack involving both men. First, the lead jabs the butt of his rifle at the foe's knees while ducking down. If that hits, the backup will reach over the lead's bent back with a roundhouse kick, hitting high and launching the enemy (5% gun, 5-7% kick)

Notes: Again, the first hit is very short-ranged. Also, the second will go right over smaller opponents most of the time (the hit to the knees floats the enemy slightly, but only at higher %s). It's a very fast move though, and has great priority. Also, because it sends the lead fighter low, he can potentially dodge a number of attacks if they're aimed high enough.

Up Tilt = Both fighters aim upwards with the back-end of their rifles, then thrust upward in tandem (4-5%)

Notes: The attack has some lag near the start, while Bill & lance position their weapons. But the knockback is such that at low percents, it's possible to pull this off multiple times without fear of retaliation...assuming you can hit with it. It's got zero lag at the end, and has high priority, but it's extremely short-ranged.

Down Tilt = Both soldiers, while standing upright, aim straight down in front of them, discharging a small, fiery blast near their feet from their rifles (7-9%)

Notes: The main draw here is how the move strikes to both sides. The horizontal range is slight, but the blast and it's ricochet off the ground creates a makeshift wall, clashing with incoming attacks and knocking damaged opponents upwards, rather than away. Bad lag towards the end, as the close-range shockwave stuns the pair for a short time.

*Dash Attack = While running, Bill grips Lance's arm and swings him around in a circle, like a human club. Lance puts his rifle between himself and the enemy, slamming into them with it instead of his own body (10-13%)

Notes: Awesome range (a rarity for this pair) and great speed and knockback. However, there's a period of wind-up, and lots of cool down as Lance repositions himself. So if you don't connect with the (rather small) window of actual damage, you're in for some punishment. If you DO hit, though, the move has solid damage and good knockback.

>>>Smash Attacks

*Side Smash = Another team attack! Bill lunges forward at his opponent's legs, grabbing them in a bear hug. If he's successful, Lance leaps above him and jumps onto the enemy's torso, similar to Diddy Kong's Monkey Flip. After he lands, he plugs his foe in the face with several shots, point-blank, as they fall to the ground. Insane damage, but no knockback at all (25-28% uncharged, 32-38% charged)

Notes: As stated, there's no knockback at all here. Lance rides his enemy to the ground, firing all the way, then hops off after they land on their back. So...this is a ridiculously cool attack, but there are some catches to using it. For one, if Bill misses the lunge, nothing happens. This is important, because the lunge can't grab airborne enemies. Secondly, a foe at low % can spin the Control Stick quickly to break free of Bill's hold before Lance arrives. Bill's hold gets weaker as his damage goes up, so there's significant variables at play here.

*Up Smash = Lance links his hands, then signals Bill, who steps into Lance's linked hands with one foot. Lance then boosts his partner into the air, like a living projectile. Bill goes upwards a few feet, then delivers a killer uppercut with the butt of his rifle, doing awesome damage and knockback (15-18% uncharged, 20-24% charged)

Notes: This is Bill & Lance's primary KO move. Bill can go about as far an one of Snake's uncharged mortars when the move is fully charged, though it'll increase the lag significantly, and the primary attack will occur later on in the move, during the apex of his jump. There are a total of three hitboxes in all: one as Bill launches into the air, which just serves to stun any opponents stupid enough to be next to him, as well as carry them upwards so he can launch them away with his spinning rifle whip. The second in the actual attack, which can KO at 70 or 80% against most characters. The third occurs as Bill lands, which is basically there to cover the horribly punishable post-lag (it only does one or two damage, but pushes opponents back). Yes, there's TONS of lag at the end. So only use this when you know you've got an opening, alright?

Down Smash = Both prime their guns, then level them straight out on both sides, one on each. They both fire a shotgun-like blast from their rifles, dealing big damage and set knockback (15-16% uncharged, 17-18% charged)

Notes: A crawling foe can get right by this, and due to some slight lag on the end, can usually counterattack before the Contra Men have a chance to dodge or guard. Aside from that, this is Bill & Lance's most useful Smash Attack--it has huge horizontal range on both sides, and does solid damage. The knockback, however, is always the same, no matter how much damage a target has. It's solid knockback, but you won't be KO'ing anybody with this move.

>>>Aerials

Neutral Air = The duo's jump animation is essentially a continuous mid-air somersault. Pressing A while doing so will cause a burst of fire to emit from their guns, and due to the spinning, this burst hits all around them for light damage and knockback (3-6%)

Notes: No lag, wide range, and okay priority. There's very little knockback or damage though, so this is primarily Bill & Lance's all-purpose approach tool in the air, as well as a good tool for spacing. The blasts reach about as far away from them as the average Forward Tilt (only, well, in the air), and strike in a clockwise pattern (3 o'clock to 3 o'clock), rather than on all sides at once.

*Forward Air = The backup soldier strikes forward in a shoulder block. If he connects, he'll continue going, driving his foe in a downward arc to the ground (1-2% tackle, 8-10% landing)

Notes: Awesome spike. Bet you saw that coming, eh? Of course, this will KO your buddy if you land the move and he goes flying off the stage, which will, of course, KO you as well. So maybe it's not that awesome. It's also useful for combos, as the lead soldier can fastfall quicker than the backup can shove his foe to the ground. So the player could "grab" the enemy, then fastfall to the ground and prepare an attack for when the enemy comes in range.

*Back Air = The backup fighter thrusts his back outwards, stunning an enemy directly to his rear, stunning them. Pressing A again makes him flip above the stunned enemy and fire a close-range blast into them (3-4% body check, 5-15% blast)

Notes: The first attack has next to no lag, but is only good for interrupting an enemy's momentum. Pressing A initiates the second attack, but this will result in Bill & Lance being separated (as the lead soldier still falls forward while the backup one stays where he is to fire his weapon), and the second attack can be DI'd away from for much less damage (which is why it's damage listing covers such a large range). If you do manage to land the follow-up shot, though, a direct hit (the foe didn't DI) will usually result in a powerful spike and great damage/knockback.

Up Air = The lead character fires a Peashooter round directly upwards (see Peashooter details)

Notes: On the surface, this almost seems like a waste of a move, right? What makes this unique is that if you input Up+A and Down+A in rapid succession, you can fire in both directions at once. This is great for covering yourself when moving through a congested area, or for peppering the ground below you with shots.

Down Air = Backup soldier fires a Peashooter round directly downward (see Peashooter details)

Notes: On the surface, this almost seems like a waste of a move, right? What makes this unique is that if you input Up+A and Down+A in rapid succession, you can fire in both directions at once. This is great for covering yourself when moving through a congested area, or for peppering the ground below you with shots. As an added bonus, the recoil from the shot on this move pushes both men slightly upwards, so can be used to aid recovery (though if you're using both Up and Down Aerials in sequence, it'll cancel this feature out, as the Up Aerial pushes both soldiers slightly more toward the ground).

>>>Grabs and Throws

Grab = Your everyday, one-armed grab. However, Bill & Lance grab towards different sides, so you can actually grab enemies behind you (though you won't be able to pummel them, as the backup character only throws).
Pummel = The backup fighter stands slightly in the background, delivering powerful uppercuts to the opponent's gut while the lead Contra holds them in place (2-3%)

Notes: The two-way grab is one of Bill & Lance's defining features, and their pummel is a decent one. Notice that unlike Nana, who can't even throw enemies she happens to grab, the backup soldier actually listens to his partner.

Forward Throw = The enemy is picked up and held over Bill's head. He throws them away with all his might, and Lance fires a powerful blast at them as they fly through the air (0-1% throw, 10% shot)

Notes: If you're missing your partner, you'll simply throw your foe away. The knockback from the shot is significant, but Bill's throw always sends the opponent a set distance away...which isn't very far. But if you're missing your buddy, you can either get the enemy away from you, on do some damage with your Down Throw--at the risk of being counterattacked as the opponent gets back up.

*Back Throw = While the lead holds the opponent in place, the backup jumps behind them and punts them away (behind the lead fighter, that is) with a strong football kick (8-11%)

Notes: At 0%, the heaviest characters can actually be grabbed by the lead character as they're flying towards him from the punt-kick, but only once or twice. Most characters will go flying past anyway, but take that into consideration if you find yourself grabbing a 0% Bowser or Ganondorf.

*Up Throw = The enemy is held still by one fighter as the other drops flat on his back and blasts the enemy away from below with a round from their Contra rifle (10-13%)

Notes: The laggiest of Bill & Lance's grabs, though that really isn't saying much, as they're faster than most anyway. The blast from the shot here can catch other enemies that happen to be in the way, sending them upward as well.

Down Throw = The foe is thrown to the ground, and both Contras fire a round into their prone adversary. No knockback, high damage (14-16%)

Notes: The attack's damage is halved if only one soldier is present, but otherwise this is a move you'll want to be using a lot, especially during the start of a match.

>>>Miscellaneous Attacks

*Rising Attack = Bill & Lance link arms, back to back, and using the pressure of each others presence, rise up to a sitting position, at which point they hop into the air, spinning once with their legs straight out, damaging surrounding foes (7-9%)

Notes: There are actually two hits here: one for Bill and one for Lance, though the actual hitboxes aren't out for very long, as they spin fairly quick. There's no ending lag, and the lag at the beginning is covered by invincibility frames. However, it's easy to see coming, so a smart opponent would keep their distance. On the other hand, it's got great range, so they could still get caught if they mistake their judgment.

Ledge Attack = Lance rolls over the ledge first, as if you tapped R or L, then turns toward the ledge as Bill jumps up. Once in position, the two execute a double uppercut from both sides, theoretically trapping their foe between a rock and another rock (15%)

Notes: This move takes forever to execute, and is really easy to see coming. However, it's the strongest ledge attack in the game, and is actually a pretty slid KO move, sending opponents flying off the top of the screen at around 90 or 100% damage. Also, if they land the hit, they high-five each other as they get back into formation.

*Ledge over 100% = Bill flips over the ledge, then reaches down and grips Lance's arm. As he pulls him over the edge, Lance fires three Peashooter rounds (even if that's not the currently selected ammo) at a slightly upward angle (see Peashooter details)

Notes: A ranged Ledge Attack! Awesome. The failing here is that Bill is vulnerable for a few frames as he pulls Lance up (but only a few--it'd require precise timing to catch him in it), and if he's interrupted, Lance will plummet to his doom(!). Otherwise it's a great move.

>>>Specials

Neutral Special: Shot = The lead character fires a shot in the direction he's aiming. One second delay between shots (varying, depending on weapon)

Notes: Bill & Lance's signature move, and incredibly versatile. In the air, holding the control stick in any of seven directions (Down, Left, Right, Up-Left, Up-Right, Down-Left, or Down-Right) while using this will fire a Shot in that direction. While running, tilting the control stick in a diagonal direction and pressing B will make him fire in that direction. The bullets do not go through platforms or stages of any kind, but usually go pretty far, and have excellent speed, no matter which weapon you use. However, there's a one second lag between shots, due to the ridiculous recoil of the Contra Rifle (one Mississippi...)

Side Special: Manual Aim = The lead soldier goes down on one knee, and raises his rifle to his head, aiming down the barrel of the weapon. After three seconds, during which time the player can fine-tune his aim in any direction (more than the 8 standard ones), he fires, which acts like a normal shot (varying, depending on weapon)

Notes: Similar to how Nana will whack away on enemies near her without any player input, the backup soldier will guard his buddy's rear while he's busy aiming. If any opponents get near, he'll use his Neutral A combo on them (or try to, anyway). Despite the huge time between input and execution, this move is, like Bill & Lance themselves, super-versatile. The aiming soldier can hit any target within a half-circle's range, from straight up to directly down, though he can't turn around...so you'd better be sure your enemy won't have a chance to get behind you before your three seconds are up. Otherwise this a normal Shot, only with better, totally-controllable accuracy.

Up Special: Grappling Claw = Both men fire grappling claws from their rifles straight up. Light damage at the very tip, but otherwise no damage or knockback. Tether recovery (5% at tip)

Notes: This is a fairly bad recovery. While the Hook does extend a very far distance (a little farther than Sonic's Spring Jump, say), it only fires straight up, so unless the player is directly/almost directly below the ledge, it won't help them. It does go through edge-hogging opponents, though, so that helps. On the ground, it acts the same way, making it a useful (if not very powerful) anti-air tool, once you get used to the timing required to connect with the tip.

Down Special: Weapon Switch = Bill and Lance drop to one knee, and reach into their pockets to replace the ammunition in their Contra Rifles with a different kind. Does no damage, but takes two seconds to execute. The different types of weapons are...

• > Peashooter: Standard ammo. Fires a small, circular bullet across the length of the stage. No knockback (2-3%)
  • > Crush: Fires a medium-ranged rocket. Blast lingers, dealing damage for one second (8% on contact, 1-2% lingering hits)
  • > Flame: Fires a spinning, C-shaped fireball. Short range, low knockback, but high damage (12-14%)
  • > Laser: Fires a long-reaching, slow-moving laser (3-4%, repeated hits along length of laser)

Notes: It takes a few seconds to swap ammo in and out, so you won't be using this move in the thick of combat. The Peashooter is self-explanatory. Crush goes about as far as a regularly-thrown item, and the explosion can damage for a few moments after it explodes. Flame has a large hit radius, but is the slowest of the weapon types, and peters out after going the distance of a Super Missile. Laser is tricky: if you rapidly tap the B button (yes, there's no lag on Shot when using this ammo type), you'll create a sort of "sword" of energy from the tip of your rifle. Only one Laser can be in play at a time, and while slow, they traverse the entire stage--but as soon as you fire one again, the first one disappears, which allows for rapid tapping of the B button to create a constant spout of energy near the tip of your character.

Final Smash: Spread Shot = A Contra Crest with a large, red S emblazoned on it drops down from the sky onto Bill & Lance as a fiery aura surrounds them. "Alright, let's DO this!" shouts the lead character, and the carnage begins! For the next 15 seconds, Bill & Lance's ammo is changed to Spread. Shot now fires five Mario Fireball-sized bullets, that fan out in the familiar "spread" formation as they fly, dealing damage and knockback to all alien menaces in the way (5-25% per round, depending)

Notes: Bill & Lance are totally vulnerable during this, and the only thing about them that's become more dangerous is Shot, so if you're feeling brave, get right in there and take it to em'. However, the risk is that at close range, Spread Shot can do 25% per round fires, as all five bullets can hit one person, causing 5x the knockback as well. Thus, as a Bill & Lance player, you could play it safe and just ping everyone from far away for 15 seconds--but you won't really get many KOs (if any) that way. The closer you are, the better chance you have for a KO...but the better chance you have of being knocked away, stealing precious seconds away from your Spread Shot.

<<<<< Other >>>>>

>>>Symbol

The flaming Contra "C".

>>>Entry Animation

Bill & Lance are air-dropped in from a combat chopper, dropping off their hanging perches on the helicopter's skids.

>>>Taunts

Taunt 1 = The duo turn towards each other and give each other one manly arm bump.
Taunt 2 = "Come get some!" the lead soldier yells as he fires a few rounds into the ground beneath him (these do no damage).
Taunt 3 = Each soldier ***** his rifle, then the pair trade guns. The rear fighter says "Go get em', Lance/Bill" depending on who's leading.

>>>Kirby Hat

Kirby obtains Bill's tattered red bandana, a scar across his nose similar to Lance's, and an enormous Contra rifle.

>>>Victory Acts

Victory Act 1 = "Alriiiiight!!", "Yeaaaaah!!" shout the pair as they continually fire shots into the air.
Victory Act 2 = "It's time for revenge..." says Bill, followed by Lance's infamous one-liner "Let's attack aggressively."

Losing Act = Bill & Lance sit on the ground, rifles resting against their shoulders, and applaud the victors.

>>>CODEC Conversation

Colonel: Snake, can you hear me?
Snake: Yeah, what's the matter?
Colonel: Snake, I want you to pull out immediately.
Snake: What!? Why?
Colonel: You're up against Bill Rizer & Lance Bean, Snake. They're the Earth's greatest soldiers.
Snake: ...But, wait. I though Big Boss--
Colonel: Big Boss has nothing on that pair, Snake. They've saved the planet from entire armies of alien scum single-handedly more times than you've destroyed Metal Gears.
Snake: ...Alright, I'm pulling out.

>>>Alt. Outfits

Probotectors = In Europe, the Contra series is known as "Probotector", starring two futuristic robot guardians of the Earth. "To probotect and serve!"
Lucia & Sheena = A pairing of Contra's only two female protagonists. Lucia hails from the PS2 Shattered Soldier, and Sheena was a PC in the Genesis game Hard Corps. "Lock and load!"
Mad Dog & Scorpion = Bill & Lance's slightly-less famous backup squad. "Let's rock!" (they're the two at the very bottom of the picture: Bill & Lance are sitting right behind them)

<<<<< Extra Components >>>>>

>>>Stage

Harvest Yard = The center of the alien menace, made entirely of living alien flesh. Players fight on a walk-off main floor near the bottom of the screen. On either side are three tiers of platforms extending from off-screen (these are also walk-off), from which aliens unendingly spawn, occasionally leaping off their perch to trample any fighters on the main platform (1-3% damage and very little knockback). They can be destroyed in one hit, but their numbers are great, and they never stop coming.

Over time, as the number of oncoming aliens slowly increases, Red Falcon, the leader of the alien menace himself, will appear to destroy the players! Resembling a mutated skull covered in dark red musculature, players can destroy him by dealing enough damage to his weak points (both eyes and exposed brain), sending him down to the pits of hell where he belongs. This has the added benefit of drastically reducing the number of aliens that approach for a few minutes, though the cycle will repeat itself after, say, ten minutes.

>>>Trophies

Bill & Lance = The dynamic duo. It's time for revenge!
Spread Shot = The Contra heroes' legendary Final Smash.
Probotector = The PAL versions of Bill & Lance, in all their robotic glory.
Lucia & Sheena = The only two female leads throughout Contra's long history.
Mad Dog & Scorpion = When the job's too big for two...call in two more!
Red Falcon = The original evil alien lord that started it all.

>>>Music

Jungle Jam = The immortal theme from Stage 1 of Contra and Contra 4.

Contra 4 Credits = The manliest remix of the original Contra theme out there.

Base Remix = Contra's infamous pseudo-3D Base Assaults would be nothing without this.

The Relic of Morai = From a particularly awesome stage of Shattered Soldier.

Steel Factory = Stage 3 of Contra III. I absolutely hate this stage...but maybe that's why it's so good?

Neo Contra Theme Song = I <3 Engrish (also, here's the link to the AWESOME opening cinema this goes to: LINK!

Thanks for playing!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I can't tell so far how good it is, as I only had enough time for a quick scan of it. It doesn't seem as unique as Dracula, but it still looks hella good, props, I'll look into it more later.

I have picked to do the following movesets by a random process to review on my site:

The delicious one
Sandslash
Darknut

If no other requests are made, I'll do some of your other movesets.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Like the others said, very nice start Mendez.

And seeing that most of the reviewers are quickly approaching my Egoraptor moveset....

I went into detail! I know, it's scary, "MarthTrinity? Going into detail?! You must've misheard..." But no! It's true! For the first time in MYM history, I covered the %'s, the knockback and range of all most of his moves! So yes, I'm looking forward to what you guys think, the moveset is linked in my siggy if anyone wants to take a peak : )

And to top it all off, it's colorful! Not the bleak gray and black of my last two movesets!

D

Deleted member

MasterWarlord, I would like a review of Shapeshifter Strong Bad. There's a link in my sig.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Sweeeeeet... Looking forward to your brutal wrath, Warlord. Tear me limb from limb. Just make sure you do it professionally. ;)

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
Zora Soldier

Out of Zora's Domain, a Zora Soldier joins the Brawl!

The Zora soldier, as a fish out of water, has bad traction when dashing. The air is the Zora Soldier's element, as it acts as the water they are used to fighting in, with much less resistance. Quick, long ranged strikes with their ceremonial weapon make up the bulk of their aerial moveset. Their aerials have sourspots close to their bodies and only do their intended effect when the opponent is struck by the blade. Their ground game is somewhat sub-par, with low priority all around and a predictable direction- making it a bad idea for the floaty, aerial character to stay on the ground long. Despite this, years of fighting currents make them somewhat heavy (yet this does not impair speed), and their grabs are hard to break and throws powerful. It's a fearsome thing to be nailed by the Zora Soldier's aerial moves. ZS also does not drown in water nor can be meteored in it, and has a special "water attack".

Pros and Cons-
+ Great aerial game
+ Long range
+ Disjointed hitbox
+ Swimming is awesomeness
+ Heavy
+ Good grabs
= Super floaty
- Predictable and mediocre ground game
- Bad traction
- Sourspot on all weapon attacks
- Few ground kill moves

Standard A

A- ZS executes a weak roundhouse that brings the opponent into spear range, while preparing the second thrust. Chains into AA. 2%
AA- After the kick, ZS quickly thrusts the spear end of their weapon into the enemy. This move has significant ending lag but almost zero startup. Low knockback makes this one of ZS's worse ground moves. 2, 5%

Ftilt- ZS whacks at the enemy with a straight axe-like swing. Pops the opponent up into the air. Some startup lag and 8%.

Utilt- ZS falls back onto his back and shoots out a leg straight up, after moving back slightly. This has very high priority and can kill, but the wonky hitbox means it will rarely connect. Moderate startup lag, but with a special property. Basically, during the initial frames, all attacks that don't touch the ground miss, due to the low position, allowing you to dodge a number of projectiles and closeup attacks and deliver a counterattack that sets up further aerials. ZS's most unique ground move and one that should be used often against projectile spam and SH'd aerials. 9%

Dtilt- ZS does the same thing as Utilt but with SA instead of invulnerability and a straight out leg along the ground. This does very little damage, is laggy, and only trips 10% of the time, making it very impractical despite sharing similarities with Utilt. Can be used for mindgames due to identical initial frames. 6%

Dash Attack- ZS lunges forward with the spear angled slightly up. Not quite as laggy and has significant KO power, range, and priority, which makes this a decent ground move despite being very predictable. 11%

Prone Attack- ZS delivers a low-priority, weaker Utilt with super armor. Not as useful on connecting but still has the nice effect. 5%

Ledge Attack- ZS pokes along the ground with his spear before getting up. Think Marth's Dtilt. 4%

Water Attack- ZS strikes quickly three times above in lieu of MK's upsmash. High priority and big hitbox, coupled with water meteor invulnerability make trying to meteor ZS a very, very bad idea. 12%

Aerials

Note- ZS's falling/aerial pose has him holding the weapon upright in one hand, with his legs straight below him- no fancy spinning or crouching nonsense. This should explain some aerial animations.

Nair- Zora Soldier very quickly spins with axe extended (think Marth not MK). This powerful attack, despite low priority and the sourspot, is very powerful, fast, and ranged- making somewhat low priority negligible. ZS's best kill move and useful in almost any situation. Remember Sheik's Melee Fair? This is like that. Except more awesome and a teensy bit less power. 10%

Fair- Quickly swings axe downward to a position in front of him. Great for KOing enemies whilst approaching from below, and meteor smashes in the final few frames of the swing. Still has the sourspot. 11% mid-high knockback.

Bair- Zora Soldier twists his body gymnast-style, bringing his feet from below him to behind him and back. Sweetspots at the foot at the part at which ZS is horizontal, and meteors at the final single frame when the legs return to below ZS. 7% mid knockback normal hit, 9% high knockback sweetspot, and 8% meteor final frame. Mid priority.

Uair- Zora Soldier basically does an instant upward thrust with his spear. High priority yet weak, pulls ZS up for another hit, often leading into Fair if it hits on the side at low percents. The animation resembles Link/TL's Uair. 6%

Dair- ZS plummets down at an angle with knees bent all the way. Upon making contact the fast fall is cancelled and the attack hits downward with decent knockback, and ZS jumps off of their head. The attack doesn't register for the first few frames and thus can be Uaired by fast enough attacks. (I'm looking at you, Meta Knight) 9%

Smashes

Fsmash- ZS pulls back and delivers a very long-ranged blow with his spear. Low priority and speed akin to Ness's bat make it only marginally useful, combined with the perfectly straight, predictable trajectory. Mid/high knockback. 10-17%

Usmash- ZS thrusts staright up in much the same speed and manner as Fsmash, with slightly more priority. Mid knockback depending on charge. 9-16%

Dsmash- ZS floor-sweeps forward, then backward. A lack of a hitbox behind the strike zone at both parts makes this very punishable. Good KO move. 11-18%

Specials

B: Wave Strike- ZS swings the blade overhead in an arc, with the same speed as DDD's Fsmash. It's much weaker, but upon hitting the ground, a wave emits from the blade, moving forward along the ground much like Kirby's Up-b. This pushes backwards, and if it goes far enough to spill off the edge (it goes about the distance of 1/2 FD) the falling water gimps a lot of recoveries. The strike deals 10% with decent priority.

>B: Cascade Tackle- ZS does a shoulder tackle covered in a cascade of water. This prevents nondisjointed hitboxes from making contact, pushing the character back if struck by a punch, kick, etc. and if not hit by an attack, the move connects for 1% continual damage for a 15% max whist carries them along. The attack goes along for 1/4 FD.

^B: Geyser- A geyser springs from the chasm/water/ground and propels ZS upward for about the height of Ike's Aether. This carries anyone hit by the geyser upwards with ZS and if not DI'd out of, deals 5% with low knockback at the end of the move. ZS has SA but can be grabbed out of it. ZS must be careful in FFAs not to let opponent recover with his move.

vB: Drench- Splashes the opponent with water, with about Ike Fsmash range and Lucas Fsmash speed, causing a 4 second duration that multiplies enemy fall speed by 1.5. This has mild stun depending on % and can be used to set up kill moves that are hard to recover from.

Throws

Grab and Pummel- A short range, very fast grab with a 1% quick pummel.

Fthrow- Hurls the opponent from the side, rotating 90 degrees forward before release. Good KO Fthrow, 11%

Bthrow- Medium throw, same as Fthrow in that starts at side and rotates 90 and then release, weaker and 8%.

Uthrow- Good KOing throw, placing the opponent on top of the spear and lifting hard. 11%

Dthrow- Puts the opponent down and slices them with the axe edge. Pretty damaging but has a force-prone effect like Snake's. 15%

Miscellaneous

^Taunt- Takes a defensive pose with the staff.
>Taunt- Drinks from a canteen.
vTaunt- Spins the weapon and ends with a military "Ten-hut!"

Victory 1- Turns toward the screen and salutes.
Victory 2- Tosses down his weapon and starts jumping while punching a hand into the air.
Victory 3- Dives into a pool of water on the ground.
Defeat- Is shown clapping with weapon on the ground.

Costumes- Normal outfit (green team), regal drapery, grayed out with helmet on, deep blue with helmet (blue team), normal with red helmet (red team).

Final Smash: Zora's Domain- The battlefield is flooded with water. Gravity is reduced significantly, ZS gains two extra jumps, and attack power, speed, and knockback is multiplied by 1.3. He also gains a glide and 15% high knockback/priority glide attack during the 25 second duration. Background Zoras watch the fight.

Kirby Hat- Kirby gains the awesome helmet and the Wave Strike.

Snake Codec-
Snake: Colonel! There's this fish-thing here. Give me some info!
Colonel: That's a Zora Soldier, Snake. They're hardcore military men of the Zora Domain.
Snake: The Zora Domain? Where's that supposed to be?
Colonel: It's an underwater kingdom, home of the aquatic Zoras.
Snake: This one must've trained pretty hard to do battle on land.
Colonel: He's out of his element, Snake. Figure out how he copes with the land and take advantage of him.
Snake: So I just wait for the sun to dry him out, right?
Colonel: ...And maybe try to fight him. You know, a little.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I've reviewed the delicious one and added links to my to my site, as well as updated how I'm going about in the order I'm reviewing the movesets. The way I see it, why should I review movesets where the original maker doesn't really care if I review it or not? I'm in this to keep you people happy, and I call them like I see them.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Tis' done.

Now, I don't mean to be blunt (
yes I do
), but should I just stop making movesets? If nothing's going to measure up to Dracula (which is, admittedly, pretty awesome), then what's the point, right? :ohwell:

ALSO: BAAAAAW I'M NOT LINKED TO MASTERWARLORD'S WEBSITE

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Crap. Sorry Mendez, but TBH, I copied and pasted the links from your website and. . .your websit wasn't listed. In any case, I've gtg afk, but I'll put it up as soon as I get back. I know there's a problem with spacing on the delicious one, but it's a glitch with freewebs, I correct it but it has no effect. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom