• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
I figure my idea will make it in by the 14th installment of the series.

Warning! New Challenger
Approaching!

We're running out of ideas! Somewhat threatening and possibly igneous, Rock joins the Brawl!

Rock is... well, it's a rock. It's about the size of Jigglypuff, and... well. Yeah.

Basic Stats:
Power: High
Walking Speed: Very Low
Dash speed: Very Low
Range: Decent, actually
Drop speed/weight: Very High
Size: Small
Jumping: Terrible
Traction: High

Rock cannot crawl, cannot crouch, cannot walljump or cling, cannot glide, and cannot shorthop. Rock cannot swim, but by repeatedly pressing the "Jump" button when he hits the surface, the player can skip Rock over the water in a single direction. This allows him to use water to recover.

Basics animations:
Standing animation: Rock sits. That's it. It's a rock.
Idle animation: Rock tilts up slightly, then sits again.
Walking animation: Rock slides forward.
Running animation: Rock gives a little jump, then slides forward slightly faster.
Jump/Double Jump animation: He just does, okay?
Sleep animation: Rock rolls over onto his back and small Z's float over him.
Dizzy/Broken Shield animation: Rock flashes red and a large crack appears on his surface.
Forward Roll animation: Rock bounces in a V shape around his opponent.
Backwards Roll animation: Rock rolls backwards. Easy enough.
Spotdodge animation: Rock tilts onto his side.
Airdodge animation: Rock does a barrel roll. (He does not need to press Z or R twice.)
When Rock falls it will land on it's side. Left side will designate that he landed on his stomach, right side indicates he landed on his back.
Ledge animation: Rock leans onto it's front and balances precariously on the ledge.
Rock's status here is different from most characters, since if left balancing too long, he will eventually topple over the edge, ever so slowly.
Edge animation: Rock tilts up and grabs the edge. If Rock is left hanging too long, he will begin to slooowly change form into a stalactite. This change is purely aesthetic and offers no gameplay changes at all. Unlike other characters, Rock can stay hanging from the edge indefinitely.
Edge get up attack under 100%: Rock flips up into the air, then slams back down.
Edge get up attack over 100%: Rock slowly flips over the edge, staying on the ground, then shakes slightly.
Get-Up attack: Rock spins on it's side twice, then rights itself.

A Moves:
A- Rock shifts forward slightly on the ground. Low damage, pulls opponents into the
second hit.
AA- Rock is thrown straight up. Low vertical knockback, medium damage.

Ftilt- Rock flips forward into the enemy, then falls straight down. This is a Single-hit attack with medium damage and horizontal knockback.

Uptilt- Rock does several consecutive backflips. This is a multi-hit attack with medium vertical knockback on the last hit.

Dtilt- Rock shifts around slightly. Small hitboxes, low damage, but a very high chance of causing the opponent to trip.

Dash Attack- While sliding forward from his dash, Rock just kind of... tumbles. High priority, low damage and knockback.

Smashes:
Rock has a unique set of smash attacks. Once a smash attack begins charging, the player can hold any direction on the control stick, and Rock will be launched in that direction upon release. So, if the player starts an Fsmash, he can shift the control stick upwards, and it will turn into an Upsmash, since Rock will launch straight up.
Rock can be launched straight left, straight right, straight up, or at a 45 degree angle on either side. When launched, Rock simply tumbles in that direction, then follows a natural trajectory back to the ground. This makes it possible for Rock to launch himself offstage with this attack. Rock also has super armor throughout the attack portion of the movement.
If Rock is launched straight down, he will create a shockwave with two equal hitboxes on either side. If Rock is launched down and left, the shockwave's hitbox will be larger on the left and smaller on the right. Vice versa for down and right.
All smashes hit for high damage and knockback at a 45 degree vertical angle.

Aerials:
Nair- Rock immediately plunges staight down for a very short distance. This causes low damage and low knockback with next to no priority. Rock then tumbles once and continues his falling animation. Used in conjunction with Dair, this is great for mindgames.

Fair- Single-hit attack with medium priority. Rock Lunges forward slightly, then returns to his starting position. Fairly basic. Hitbox lasts longer than normal.

Uair-Rock spins repeatedly, pauses, then spins repeatedly again. Both hits are multi-hit attacks with high knockback attacks at the finish. The first finishing hit has near vertical knockback, the second finishing hit spikes.

Dair- Rock immediately plunges straight down, faster than his fastfall speed. This causes medium damage and high knockback with high priority. The move has no startup lag, but when Rock hits the ground, he cracks slightly. The crack will soon fix itself, but this gives the move very long ending lag. This attack only finishes when it hits something other a hurtbox.

Bair- Single-hit attack with high priority. Rock lunges backwards slightly, then returns to his starting position. Quicker than fair, with more knockback. The hitbox does not stay out very long, though.

Grabs:
When Rock grabs, he lunges forward so that his bottom faces the opponent. If he misses, he lands on his top, and must roll back to a standing position. If he connects, his opponent falls on his back, with Rock sitting on top of them. When Rock has an opponent grabbed, he has Super Armor.

Grab attack- Rock jumps up and down on his opponent.

DThrow- Rock jumps on his opponent, dealing minor damage, then simply hops backwards off, leaving his opponent on the ground in front of him.

UThrow- Rock jumps decently high (for a rock) and slams down on the ground through his opponent. The opponent receives high damage and high vertical knockback.

FThrow- Rock begins to spin quickly backwards, giving multi-hit damage to his opponent. The last hit shoots his opponent out from underneath him at a 45 degree angle forward. Medium damage, low knockback.

BThrow- Rock hops forwards off his opponent, who then goes through a fake "getting up" animation. Midway through the animation, Rock throws himself at his opponent's back, launching them horizontally with medium damage and low knockback.

Specials:

NeutralB: Useful Tool
A seagull flies in from offscreen and drops a clam on top of Rock from high up. While the clam is falling, it does medium damage, high knockback, and Rock has super armor. When the clam hits Rock, it breaks open, creating a hitbox on either side of Rock with low damage and medium knockback. There is a 5% chance that, when the clam breaks, Food will pop out.

UpB: Mossy Undergrowth
Rock becomes stationary and moss begins to build up on it's surface. When released, Rock creates a patch of moss on the ground underneath him. All opponents who walk through, run through, land on, or otherwise touch this patch slip as if on a banana. The amount of time the patch stays depends on how long it was charged. Rock may have three of these patches deployed at once. If he deploys a fourth, the first patch disappears. If Mossy Undergrowth is deployed in the air, moss will fall from underneath Rock, dragging any opponents down with it.

DownB: Rock Hard
Rock becomes completely invincible to all attacks. This move has a high startup time, lasts very long, and has very low ending lag. Rock cannot walk, jump, run, attack, or otherwise move while Rock Hard is activated. The key point is that this move has no animation. If Rock is standing still, you will have no idea when or even if it has activated Rock Hard. Rock Hard cannot be used in the air.

SideB: Window Breaker
When used on the ground: Two posts appear next to Rock, with an elastic in between them. The longer the move is charged, the more the elastic is pulled back, and the further Rock will fly when released. When the move has charged fully, it will not automatically release. Rock has super armor while charging, but the posts are destroyed with one hit. If the posts are destroyed, the elastic snaps back, damaging Rock, who is not launched at all.
When used in the air: Rock paused in the air, and a huge slingshot quickly extends up from the bottom of the screen. Rock can then charge the move as if on the ground. Rock still has super armor while charging. The slingshot itself acts as a barrier; characters cannot pass through it. However it can still be destroyed with one strong hit or two weaker ones. If the slingshot is destroyed, Rock will be launched to the side as much as his current charge would have thrown him. He takes no damage.

Final Smash: Test of Time
A large, faint clock appears on screen. The hands of the clock accelerate and begin spinning uncontrollably. All opponents caught within the clock begin to slowly accumulate damage (presumably from kidney failure). All opponents caught within the clock are unable to run or jump, and their attacks cause half damage and no knockback. Rock is unaffected.

Taunts:
Up- The seagull from his NeutralB appears. It swoops down and perches on top of rock. It looks around, pecks a few times, then flies away. If Rock is interrupted during this taunt, the seagull will squawk angrily in protest, then fly away. It will not have a hitbox or a hurtbox.
Side- Rock spins in place.
Down- A claw appears underneath Rock. Rock is lifted slightly off the ground and a gopher pokes it's head out from underneath. It looks around warily, then lowers Rock back down.

Other stuff:
Victory Pose 1- Rock sits there, entirely unmoving.
Victory Pose 2- The seagull is seen poking around screen. It looks up, squawks in fear, and barely makes it out of the way in a flurry of feathers as Rock slams into the ground. It then sits, unmoving. Occasionally, the seagull will fly through the background.
Victory Pose 3- Rock is seen loaded into the slingshot from his SideB. He launches and cracks the screen, then bounces back and comes to a rest by the slingshot.

Entrance Animation- Dust and small pebbles fall from the top of the screen. Rock then tumbles down from the sky. He lands on his side, rights himself, and the Brawl begins.

Losing animation- Rock sits there, numerous cracks on his surface.

Crowd Chant- Chant begins with some lady screaming "I love you, Rock!!!" Then the crowd chants "Gooooooo Rock! Gooooooo Rock!" At the end of the chant, a man can be (barely) heard asking "Is it just some rock, or what?"

Role in SSE:
Falco and Diddy crashland in a canyon while on their rescue mission. Here, they are ambushed by hoards of Primid, which the player must defeat. Then, cutscene!
As Falco and Diddy strike cool poses with the last of the Primid dissipating in front of them, shuffling noises are heard behind them. They whirl around: Koopas! Three Koopas are manning a Trophy Gun, two are holding the front up, and a third working the trigger. Backed into a corner, Falco tries to make a run for it, but is turned into a trophy by the koopas. The koopas then point the gun at Diddy, who is backed into a corner, frightened, and helpless. His eyes suddenly flick upwards and makes a goofy "Huh?" noise. The camera switches to the three koopa, who look quizzically at Diddy, then look upwards as well. Rock suddenly falls into view, landing on the head of the trigger-operating koopa and knocking him out cold. The two remaining koopas struggle to hold up the huge gun by themselves, but eventually just fall over. Rock just sits there.
Diddy lets out a yelp of joy, and leapfrogs over Rock to go free Falco. Just then, loads more Primid show up, and the player must fend them off with playable characters as Diddy (who strikes a cool pose), Falco (who strikes a cool pose), and Rock (who sits there).

Stage: Rock Bottom
Players Brawl at the bottom of a small canyon. The canyon is a basic floor with high walls. The walls are not destructible. Every so often, a few pebbles and some dust would fall off either side. Soon after, a large boulder would come crashing down. The boulder gives high damage and high knockback. Once it's landed, the boulder can be used as a platform, and it is destructible. A boulder will not fall if there is already another boulder in place.

Music for the stage:
Death Mountain (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Guts Man Stage (Megaman 1)
Tetris Type B (Tetris)
Dig Dig (Dig Dug)

Alternate Costumes:
Wait, really? It's a rock. Just make it different rock colours.

and finally, because everyone else seems to be doing it...

Snake Codec:

Snake: Colonel, we're missing somebody here.
Colonel: Snake, what are you talking about? Your opponent is right in front of you.
Snake: What, this rock?
Colonel: Affirmative, Snake.
Snake: You want me to fight a rock?
Colonel: Just keep your cool now. Mission brief told you this would be dangerous.
Snake: ...it's just a rock.
Colonel: Don't lose your head, Snake! Yes it's going to test you to your limits-
Snake: It's not even moving!
Colonel: -but that doesn't mean he can't be overcome. You'll need-
Snake: ...it's not like I can just punch it...
Colonel: -all your tactical expertise and-
Snake: ...I could just throw it in a pond, I guess...
Colonel: Snake! Focus!
Snake: Hey, what's that seagull doing?

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Though I'm sure somebody has done this before...

Masahiro Sakurai

Non-smash ground attacks

AAA- Causes the opponent to trip

Dash attack- Causes the opponent to trip

Side tilt (10%)- Causes the opponent to trip

Up tilt- Causes the opponent to trip

Down tilt- Causes the opponent to trip

Smashes

Forward- Causes the opponent to trip

Up- Causes the opponent to trip

Down- Causes the opponent to trip

Aerials

Neutral- Causes the opponent to trip

Up- Causes the opponent to trip

Back- Causes the opponent to trip

Down- Causes the opponent to trip

Specials

Up-B: I MUST RECOVER. Automatically returns himself to the stage and causes his opponent to trip.

Side-B: Double trip. Causes the opponent to trip twice in a row.

Down-B: Banana trip. Spawns a bananan under the opponents feet, causing them to trip.

Neutral-B: REAL MEN USE ITEMS. A golden hammer spawns right next to Sakurai.

Throws

Grab Attack- Makes the tripping sound, but the opponent doesn't actually trip. Great for mindgames.

Up- Throws opponent to the ground; causes them to trip.

Forward- Throws opponent to the ground; causes them to trip.

Backward- Throws opponent to the ground; causes them to trip.

Down- Throws opponent to the ground; causes them to trip.

Final Smash

Sakurai landmaster. It's totally different from Fox, Falco, and Wolf's, he swears.

Miscellaneous stuff

Entrance: Sakurai trips.

WiiMote sound: An evil laugh.

Victory pose 1: Causes opponent to trip
Victory pose 2: Causes opponent to trip

Defeat pose: Makes himself top tier, and gives himself wavedashing.

Up taunt: Causes opponent to trip
Side taunt: Causes opponent to trip
Down taunt: Causes opponent to trip

Snake codec conversation:

Snake: Isn't that the game director?
Otacon: Yes! Be careful Snake! He likes to make people trip!
Snake: What do you mean tri- *trips*
Otacon: Hey, you can't be on this channel!
Sakurai: (laughs)

Overall

Pros: Causes opponent to trip

Cons: To much tripping.
Epic Win :laugh: i ROFL'd when I looked at this

but do his moves damage or only his Side Tilt, and the Down Throw should an infinite DDD CG to everyone.

A Chuck Norris Moveset would be EPIC WIN

EDIT: Rock was EPIC

and someone should make that King from the Zelda Cartoon(who I forgot his name)

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Lol, Rock was hilarious. This moveset is epic (Snake Codec is funny too). This honestly one of my favorite movesets.

i LOV ROCK!1

Also, nice captain Syrup moveset. Pretty unique too, using maps and smoke and stuff (never played the game though)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well, doodies. I'll do the best I can. My other alternative is a sword-pogo-ey thing recovery move.
You're having to choose between a flying raptor or a pogo sword? Intriguing... Very intriguing... Why not both? Pogo sword and then the raptor puts you into a glide, like the Shuttle Loop? :laugh:

Now that would be cool!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Rock is an awesome moveset. I can actually imagine it in Brawl... except... it's a rock... awesome! I especially like the crowd's cheer; "Is it just some rock, or what?"

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5188645&postcount=1030

My remade Bowser moveset is done, except for the pros and cons, which I guess will be up tomorrow.
I like how you made him use a lot more moves from the actual games (and infact included video of them). Although about the Final Smash, I'd personally have him hop into his Koopa Clown Car instead of the airship, perhaps give him the ability to drop those gigantic orbs/mecha-koopas?

And more of a suggestion than anything....Ultimate Koopa MUST be on the stage, that song is just too epic NOT to be included. Otherwise, great job : )

EDIT: Rock was very funny, but don't you mean Colonel instead of General?

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone! I havn't been on in a long time... school has been keeping me busy... anywayz i saw a bunch of really good movesets! Now im realizing that im falling behind... i only have 2 lol so im gonna make another one pretty soon! I want to make a sonic moveset and since pretty much every single other character is taken ill do Bark the Polarbear!

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
(Click to view)
Fridgy, Hero of Winter

Stats:
Power: B-
Weight: B-
Walking Speed: B
Dash speed: B+
Jumping: C
Weapons: Ice Chakrams

Ground Attacks:
A (Jab)- Fridgy rapidly slashes with his chakrams, the fourth slash knocking the enemy away with a kick.

Dash attack:- Fridgy strikes forward with a chakram. Has decent knockback and is quick, but leaves lag at the end.

Forward Tilt- Fridgy shoulder rams the opponent.

Up Tilt - He swings his chakram above him in an arc.

Down Tilt- He utilizes a spinning sweep kick.

Forward Smash- Fridgy forcefully slams both chakrams down in front of him.

Up Smash- He jabs his chakrams upward. This move has great vertical knockback.

Down Smash- He slams his chakrams down on both sides, causing a tiny shockwave.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Air- Fridgy makes a downward slash with his chakrams. A potential spike if used correctly, but is easy to recover from.

Forward Air - A 180 degree spin slash.

Back Air - A backwards kick.

Up Air- Fridgy heaves himself upward a short distance with his chakram. This attack is somewhat useful as a recovery compromise, but as Fridgy only attains little air movement, this is not suggested.

Down Air- A very powerful semi-spiral kick. A better potential spike as the opponent is pushed directly downward. While possible, it is difficult.

Throws:

Grab Attack- Fridgy grabs a victim with his right hand (which is still holding a chakram).

Forward Throw- Fridgy merely shoves his opponent ahead of him. If a wall is present, the opponent will bounce off, possibly leading to a chain-grab.

Back Throw- Fridgy tosses his opponent backward, then spins around and casually kicks them. A good attack for keeping enemies away from you.

Up Throw- Fridgy throws the enemy upward with his right hand, and smacks them with a chakram with his left. This can be chained with an aerial attack if possible.

Down Throw- Fridgy's opponent gets true pain with this grab as he smashes them onto the ground like a football.

Special Attacks

Neutral B: Ring Cutter -
Fridgy slashes with his chakrams. Sounds simple, but these blows are powerful than his usual attacks. He slashes with one hand at a time instead of both.

Forward B: Boomering-
Fridgy tosses his chakram forward a short distance. Like a boomerang, the weapon spins its way back to its wielder. It is like Link/Toon Link's boomerang, except it repeatedly damages anyone who gets in its way during its release and comeback.

Up B: Spinning Blades-
Similiar to DK's Up Special, Fridgy uses both his chakrams to spin in mid-air. This attacks ack like a puesdo-reflector but only reflects projectile from far away.

Down B: Cooling Strike-
Fridgy hits the ground with his chakram, causing a small burst of ice to shoot up from the ground.

Final Smash: Winter's Wrath
-Fridgy tosses his chakrams upward. They hover in midair for a while, before jetting off in different directions. They have a 50% chance of freezing enemies.
^This is similiar to how Latias/Latios & Kat/Ana function in Brawl.

Alternate Colors:

Default - Normal
Green Team - Green sweatband and shirt.
Red Team - Red sweatband and shirt.
Blue Team - Dark blue sweatband and shirt.
Other- Black sweatband and shirt.

Other:

Logo: Snowflake, same as the one on his sweatband.

Stage Entrance: A snowman appears on the stage from which bursts Fridgy.

Kirby Hat: Kirby has Fridgy's sweatband and ears and attacks with tiny chakrams.

Wii Mote sound: "Ready when you are!"

How To Unlock: Clear Target Test with 5 characters.

Taunts:

Up: Throws his chakrams upward and catches them both. Ends by uttering: "Ha!"
Down: Spins his chakrams menacingly while saying: "I'm not giving up!"
Side: Punches the air and says: "Awesome!"

End-battle poses:

Win Pose 1: Does a small version of his Up B and ends facing the camera.
Win Pose 2: Punches the air repeatedly and says: "I did it!"
Win Pose 3: Examines his chakrams, nods with satisfaction and faces the camera.

Victory Theme: N/A

Loss Pose: Fridgy claps with a smile, his chakrams set on the ground beside him.

Subspace Emissary: Extra unlockable

Snake Codec:

Snake: This kid doesn't play around!
Mei Ling: That's Fridgy! He's a character you don't usally see in these parts. He's from a different world called Garnia. When monsters threatened the peace of that world, he and his friends were the only ones to set things right. The fate of Garnia rested on their shoulders.
Snake: Hmm...fighting for your home. How noble.
Mei Ling: Wow, Snake! Are you impressed?
Snake: Of course I am! But that won't stop me from fighting my hardest.
Mei Ling: Alright Snake, give it you all! I'm cheering for you. You and Fridgy.
Nice moveset, I quite like his up air and down air.
His side B is nicely varied from Link and Toon Link's too.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
This nightmare will threaten your life as well as your dreams! Nightmare, the azure knight, has joined the fray!

Stats:

Size: Very large, the guy's very slightly taller then Ganondorf, making him tower above most characters intimidatingly. He's also a good deal wider then most humanoid characters like Ganondorf, but he's thankfully not as wide as the beasts like Bowser, DK and Dedede, avoiding making him too big of a target.
Weight: 9.5/10 - The azure knight is heavier then Ganondorf, the only other humanoid character then can compare, and is among the heaviest characters in the game, only behind Bowser and DK.
Walking Speed: 5/10 - Nightmare has an average walking speed, not being as slow as Ganondorf and the only slow behemoth characters.
Running Speed: 7/10 - The azure knight runs with impressive speed for one so large, he's not your typical heavy hitter.
Traction: 5/10 - While Nightmare does have some agility, he's still a giant compared to most characters, making him skid slightly despite his skill.
Power: 8/10 - Some of nightmare's moves aren't that powerful, namely the ones not involving his giant sword, soul edge. However, the ones that do use his weapons are brutal, fitting for a sword that's larger then some of the playable characters.
Attack Speed: 3/10 - Nightmare isn't as slow as the other heavy hitters in the sense that he has some less slow attacks, the ones not involving his sword for the most part, but his powerful attacks with his sword are still pretty slow.
Range: 9/10 The attacks ones involving his huge sword have massive range for melee strikes, but are still horribly slow. His faster attacks usually have smaller range, but due to his size the range is still decently big. One of Nightmare's biggest advantages.
First Jump: 2.5/10 - Nightmare has problems getting off the grounds due to his weight and large stature, making his first jump rather weak.
Second Jump: 4/10 - Once already in the air, Nightmare doesn't have as much of a problem jumping around, but he's far from a aerial combatant.
Hover: No

Fall Speed: 10/10 - Nightmare falls extremely quickly due to being a giant living suit of armor, literally being made of materials that would make him fall more quickly. This rarely works in Nightmare's favor, and it causes him to have large problems recovering. He makes Fox look like a slow faller and is easily the fastest faller in the game. This is one of his biggest weaknesses, especially when coupeled with his small jumps.
Crouch: Yes.
Crawl: No.
Wall Jump: No.
Wall Cling: No.
Gliding: No.

Basic actions:

Basic pose: Nightmare has his monstrous arm in front of him while the other one that's armored is behind him, holding his cleaver sword behind him.
Idle pose: Nightmare mumbles "SOOOOOUUULLLSSSS. . .".
Walking: Nightmare's basic pose in motion, although he drags his cleaver across the ground.
Running: Nightmare picks up his cleaver as he walks, going slightly faster.
Dashing: Nightmare starts dashing forward, moving his legs and monstrous arm bath and forth frantically, having impressive agility for one of his massive size and weight.
Crouching: Nightmare gets down on one knee, putting his cleaver in front of him in a defensive position. When crouching, any weak projectiles coming towards Nightmare from the front are blocked by the cleaver like how Link/Toon Link's shield blocks them. Stronger projectiles that can get past the cleaver include Waddle Dees and Din's Fire, Link's bombs and the generally powerful projectiles, but it's still very useful for blocking the lasers of the space animals, among other things.
Jump 1: The azure knight crouches down slightly to gather his force and jumps up slightly. Even with his impressive agility, he's too weighed down by his body to be able to get up very high at all.
Jump 2: The living suit of armor puts lets out a jumping motion with his feet and struggles forward as he does so, clearly trying to get up high but being held down by his weight. He still makes a good effort, but he'll fall down right back to where he was shortly after the jump.
Shield: Nightmare puts his cleaver, soul edge, in front of him, holding onto it with both arms.
Sidestep: His sidestep is an actual sidestep, what do you know? Sidestepping is a common element in the Soul Calibur series, so it only makes sense he does so here as well.
Rolling: Due to his large size, Nightmare can't really roll. Instead, Nightmare sidesteps around his enemy and into the background, then comes out of the background on the opposite side of them. Has good speed, but small range and short invincibility time. Due to the speed, it can be spammed well, and in the Soul Calibur series the characters regularly do a lot of this type of side stepping in their battles.
Air Dodge: Nightmare leans into the background slightly, putting his monster arm on his sword and holding it in front of him to defend himself.

Misc. Actions:

Sleeping: Nightmare sits down with his legs crossed and his sword at his side, ocassionally mumbling "SOOOOUUUULLLLSSS. . ." in his sleep if he stays snoozing long enough.
Dizzy: Nightmare holds his head, dropping his giant sword, taking small steps to the left and right. He sometimes takes his hands off his head and they go into the spike on his head instead comically, only causing more pain and confusion for him, him letting out a slight cry of pain.

Special Attacks:

B Down - Soul Charge: Nightmare lets out a battle cry and gets in a fighting position, there being green flashes of light going through his body and his weapon. This move isn't an attack and does no damage, but grants extra effects to several of Nightmare's other moves in his arsenal. The upgrades are much more complicated then a simple damage increase, and vary greatly depending on the move. The effect of the soul charge lasts 10 seconds, and the move can only be used once every 30 seconds.

If Nightmare is hit at all while using the soul charge, he'll be interrupted and not get it's effects, having to wait another 30 seconds to use it again. If used again before then, Nightmare will try to suck in power in a pose like Captain Falcon's up taunt, glowing green, but will stop in the middle of it, failing to do so and being wide open to attack. When the soul charge is active, the orb in the center of Nightmare becomes notably bigger and pulses like a beating heart to visually tell players whether or not the effect of the move is active. This move requires much skill to learn how to use properly, as you must use it both when it's safe and when you'll actually be able to use it's effects.

B - Soul Devour: Nightmare faces the camera and yells "GIVE ME YOUR SOUL!" as the orb in his chest starts sucking foes towards it, and the mouth in his chest starts chomping. Basically works like Wario's B as far as gameplay is concerned, but the move sucks the character towards the mouth. If a character gets sucked in, the mouth will close and you must mash B for the mouth to chew the victim. As you chew on the victim, red energy will be sucked out of them and go to the orb in Nightmare's chest. You damage the victim for 4-5% damage with each press of B, and more importantly you increase the duration of Nightmare's soul charge by one second for each chomp. The increase only effects the next time you use soul charge, or if one's currently active, the time gets added onto the current one. The time period can't go over 20 seconds, and if you die it also causes it to revert back to 10 seconds.

Like Wario's B, if used in the air with no ground below you this move can be used for Nightmare-cides, the azure knight's fall speed actually helping me for once. The move also sucks in any nearby items, them giving Nightmare a .25 second bonus to Soul Charge unless they're an explsoive, in which case Nightmare will take 5% damage and the move will stop.

-Soul Charge Bonus- When you're trying to suck foes into the mouth at the start of the move, there will be a larger range that it affects, and it will also pull enemies in faster. When actually devouring the enemy's soul, you'll get a 1.25 second bonus to soul charge per chomp instead of the regular single second.

B Side - Horrific Howl: Nightmare faces the camera and lets out a horrifying howl, stunning anyone within the range of one fifth of final destination. Does no damage, only stuns like Zero Suit Samus' neutral special. This move also eats shields alive, causing foes to go into their dizzy state if they so choose to try to block the attack that way. The stun time is decently large, allowing Nightmare to use this move to set up for a good Soul Devour or another powerful attack, but the move has notable starting and ending lag, being decently easy to punish.

-Soul Charge Bonus- The orb in the center of Nightmare glows as Nightmare howls, and the effects of Soul Devour come out at the same time as Nightmare does the howl, two moves being performed at once. The soul devour pulls any stunned foes into the mouth before they have a chance to button mash out of the stun, and the sucktion of the soul devour also helps to pull foes into the range of the actual howl. The standard B isn't useless when Soul Charge is active, though, as you only get the soul charge bonuses for Soul Devour when using it with the standard B. This also applies to any other moves which cause Soul Devour to start while doing another attack.

B Up - Monstrous Mutation: Nightmare's monstrous arm cracks and Nightmare lets out a slight cry of pain as it mutates even further, growing in length. As it's growing, you can control where it goes, and the entire length of the arm upon being fully extended is that of Nightmare's large body. The move can be angeled in any direction you wish to with ease except behind Nightmare. After it fully extends or hits something, it will snap back to it's regular length and either pull Nightmare to what it grabbed or pull the object to Nightmare, depending on the case. If the target is an enemy and the move is used on the ground, Nightmare will pull the target to himself, holding them with the monster arm in his standard grab position and able to throw them. Nightmare can also pull items to him, although of course he can't do this with smash balls. If the target was a ledge, Nightmare uses the move as a tether recovery and he's pulled up as his arm goes back to regular size. This move has good priority and is good for grabbing foes out of the air to bring them down where the living suit of armor does best, the ground.

While one would think that the azure knight would be vulnerable to edge hogging due to his recovery move being a tether, doing so is a terrible idea. If the living suit of armor grabs an enemy when in the air (Including edge-hoggers), he'll grab them and the arm will retract back to him as normal, but he will then then laugh maniacally and hold the enemy against himself, falling straight down with the weight of his armor, giving him another great "Nightmare-cide" move. The Nightmare player can mutate the arm beyond the ledge and slightly onto the playing field as he's off the stage, so challengers have to keep their distance as he's recovering which means it's very hard hard to edge guard him. If the two plummeting characters actually manage to land on the ground after falling together, the victim will be dealt 12% damage and slightly above average knockback.

-Soul Charge Bonus- Nightmare's arm mutates around 1.25X as fast and as far out as normal, helping to make up for his horrendous jumps and fall speed.

Basic Attacks:

A - Smack Down: Nightmare raises his hand above his head and brings it down, smacking any enemies in front of him down to the ground. He swings it out decently far, giving it decent range and priority, but it's not particularly fast. If they get hit by it though, they're very likely to fall victim to his AA and later his AAA. Only knocks enemies to the ground in front of him, doing no real knockback, and does 7-8% damage.

AA - Hellish Headbutt: Nightmare dives his head down in front of him to headbutt his enemies, his spike impaling the enemies as he slams his head down and doing 5-6% damage. The move comes out basically instantly, doing no knockback, coming down on foes knocked down by the smack with ease. The fact that the attack does no knockback is a good thing though, as they otherwise wouldn't be able by the AAA. The attack has okay range in front of Nightmare, but the priority isn't that good, usually tieing with moves rather then going above them.

AAA - Horn Drill: Nightmare stays in the position from the previous attack and the horn on his helmet starts spinning around. His horn is on the top of his helmet and he's looking down at the ground, so the horn drills around in front of him. Does 2-3% damage per hit, though it's quite easy to use directional influence to get out of the attack.

-Soul Charge Bonus- The orb in the middle of the mouth in nightmare's chest glows and starts sucking things towards it, causing foes to be sucked towards Nightmare, making it much harder to use directional influence to get out of the attack. It's still possible, of course, but you're guaranteed to take at least around 11% damage, and that's if you were using directional influence for the entire duration of when the move was started. While the orb in the center of the azure knight won't be able to suck you to the drill in the front if you're behind Nightmare, the mouth in the middle will simply close if it sucks you in, interupping the attack and causing a Soul Devour to start. Thankfully, you can attack Nightmare before you actually get sucked into the mouth, causing the attack to be cut short.

Ftilt - Soul Smack: One of Nightmare's most basic attacks in Soul Calibur only makes sense to be one of his most basic attacks in Smash as well. Nightmare smacks his monster arm forward for a basic jab. Doesn't have too much range compared to his other moves, but it's still decent due to his size of him and his arm. Does 6-7% and and average knockback. Comes out fast, though not instantly, decent for interrupting low priority moves like those of Sonic and Captain Falcon.

Utilt - Fear Fling: Nightmare puts both his hands on the hilt of his massive cleaver sword, turning to face the camera, then swings it directly upwards. The move has decent starting and ending lag, but does 13-14% with good upward knockback. Decent for foes coming down to use an aerial attack on Nightmare while he's already on the ground if you can manage to hit them with this laggy attack, but otherwise a mostrous mutation to simply grab them out of the air is much more preferable. This is a solid kill move if you can actually hit people with it, koing as early as 75% on middleweights.

Dtilt - Sword Swing: Nightmare swings his sword forward horizontally while crouching, his basic low attack in Soul Calibur. Has good range though has some ending lag, making the move punishable. The sword swing does average knockback and 8-9% damage. The move has high priority, as Nightmare's sword is a good deal larger then the much more puny ones the other characters wield. Couple this with the fact his crouch blocks projectiles, and Nightmare has a good defensive crouch game.

Dashing Attack - Shoulder Rush: Nightmare hits foes with the blunt of his montrous arm, charging forward with brute force. Basically Ganondorf's dash attack, but Nightmare keeps the charge up a while longer then Ganon, around double the time. Does slight forward knockback and 6-7% damage. The azure knight's vulnerable from behind when performing this move.

Rising Attack (On back) - Bludgeoning Body: Nightmare hastily gets up, springing up into battle position forwards. The damage is dealt as he gets up, and the hitbox is in front of him only. Slightly laggy, but he still has the standard invincibility frames while doing it. The attack causes 6-7% damage and slight forward knockback.

Rising Attack (On stomach) - Double Kick: Nightmare gets up most of the way, doing a fast kick in front of then behind him like Captain Falcon's dsmash, fully getting up into fighting position after completing it. The kick in front of him does little knockback and 4-5% damage, but the kick behind him does 6-7% damage and slight knockback.

Ledge Attack (Under 100%) - Arm flail: Nightmare slowly pulls himself up with his more normal arm, flailing his monster arm about on the platform as he does so. The arm goes up and down twice as he pulls himself up, moving decently quickly. Anyone hit by the arm is dealt 6-7% damage and slight knockback to keep them away from Nightmare as he comes back onto the platform.

Ledge Attack (Over 100%) - Clumsy Collapse: Nightmare struggles to come up on the platform, being exhausted and having trouble pulling himself up due to his massive weight. Upon getting up, Nightmare stands up, only to let out an exhausted sigh and fall down straight forward, dealing impressive knockback for such a minor attack and 9-10% damage. Nightmare's invulnerable while coming up onto the platform, but he can be attacked as he falls down, of course. Despit being vulnerable, Nightmare has super armor frames upon falling down, the move not able to be interrupted.

Smash Attacks:

Fsmash - Midnight Launcher: Nightmare lifts his sword up behind his head as he charge the attack in a pose like Ike's, then lets the sword down to whallop opponents upon releasing the charge. However, the first swing does no knockback, and Nightmare follows up quickly by cleaving the sword upwards, there being slight lag as he pulls it out of the ground, launching any foes hit by the first attack or stupid enough to walk into the second attack with excellent upwards knockback. Has good range in front of Nightmare, though has large starting lag before both of the swings. Both swings do 18-19% uncharged and up to 26-27% damage when fully charged. Nightmare's enemies can use directional influence to get out of the way if hit by the first swing of the attack to get out of the way of the more deadly second one, so Nightmare will want to try to aim to hit with the second swing if possible.

-Soul Charge Bonus- The orb in Nightmare's chest starts sucking foes towards it like with the standard B, causing foes to be sucked into the fsmash from the front and have a much harder time using directional influence to get out of the way of the second swing. The soul charge also helps cover Nightmare vulnerable behind as he does the attack, threatening to suck anyone who comes close into the mouth and turn the move into a Soul Devour.

Usmash - Sword Swirl: The living suit of armor brings the sword up above his head with both arms, spinng it around rapidly, doing multiple hits. The attack does a large 5-6% damage or 7-8% damage if fully charged per second to foes trapped in the swirling sword above Nightmare, but is rather laggy in it's execution, being easy to use directional influence to get out of it. If hit by all the individual blows of the move, the attack could do up to a massive 30-36% damage or even an insane 42-48% if charged. It's very easy to use directional influence to get out of the attack though, and Nightmare is completely vulnerable from the sides, making the move scream to be punished.

-Soul Charge Bonus- The orb in the middle of Nightmare will suck enemies towards it as the azure knight does the sword spin, causing foes to have a hard time using directional influence to get out of the attack as the orb will be pulling them downward and towards the center of the attack. While Nightmare is of course still vulnerable from the sides, the mouth will once again just close in on you if it sucks you to the center of Nightmare and will turn the attack into a Soul Devour. While this would generally lead one to think there's no way to approach Nightmare when he's doing this, you can attack the living suit of armor before the mouth actually sucks you in, interruping the attack.

Dsmash - Sword Spin: Nightmare grasps the hilt of his blade with both hands and spins around with it in a motion not unlike Dedede's dsmash. Unlike Dedede's dsmash, he circles around multiple times, three to be exact. The move is not multi hit, and work like Dedede's dsmash in the sense that it sends foes straight away if they're hit. Due to the extra spins, the move begs to be punished, but the move has more range then Dedede's dsmash, making it more likely it'll hit a target in the first place. Does 16-17% damage uncharged and 22-23% damage charged.

-Soul Charge Bonus- Like with several other moves in the azure knight's arsenal, this move causes the orb to suck foes towards it when there's a soul charge active. Unlike the other moves, there's no way the foes can be sucked into the mouth due to the sword blocking it, so it's impossible to link this to a Soul Devour. There's no need to do so anyway, though, as this move is plenty powerful to suck foes into it. The overall effect of the move with Soul Charge active basically makes it resemble Pikachu's dsmash in the manner of how it sucks in foes.

Aerial Attacks:

Nair - Soul Edge Spin: Nightmare crosses his arms and chuckles, letting go of his sword, soul edge, and the cursed blade levitates around him rapidly. Has very small starting lag, although it has slight ending lag as soul edge comes back into Nightmare's grasp. The range of the move is above average for an aerial attack, covering all around nightmare. If a target is hit by the attack at any point during it, they'll be knocked away in the opposite direction they came into it from with very slightly below average knockback and 11-12% damage. This is a decent defensive move to keep foes away from the azure knight so that he can get back on solid ground where he does best.

Fair - Monster Arm Maul: Nightmare lifts his monstrous arm above his head and then swings it down in front of him in a fashion similiar to DK's forward aerial, but with a single arm. Nightmare's arm is much longer then DK's, thus giving the move more range, but it's still as slow as the big ape's forward aerial, being quite laggy. If the end of his arm with the giant claw in it hits you, you'll be meteor smashed downwards with 13-14% damage, but if the blunt of his arm hits you you'll be dealt small knockback and a mere 5-6% damage. Due to Nightmare's massive fall speed, it's hard to use this move well.

-Soul Charge Bonus- The orb in the center of Nightmare will send a laser at Nightmare's arm, setting it on fire. This causes his entire arm, not just the claw at the end, to have the effect of sweetspotting the attack, doing 13-14% damage and meteor smashing the enemy.

Bair - Soul Drop: Nightmare lets go of his sword, having been holding it behind him, and it falls down around the length of nightmare's body before levitating back up into his grasp. Nightmare can't grab ledges or do any other actions while the attack is being performed, not even able to use directional influence. Has decent range behind nightmare, and if it hits it meteor smashes foes downwards and does 14-15% damage. Nightmare's very vulnerable throughout the entire attack, there also being ending lag as the sword levitates back up to the azure knight's grasp.

-Soul Charge Bonus- Nightmare's entire body gets a fiery aura around itself, causing anybody who touches nightmare to get slightly knocked back and be dealt 3-4% fire damage. This keeps Nightmare from getting punished by the move if he misses, as anyone who tries to touch Nightmare during the attack will just get damaged themselves. Nightmare's still vulneable to any projectiles though, and it doesn't make the move any easier to actually hit with.

Uair - Overhead Cleave: Nightmare swings his sword over his head in a half circle like motion, basically being Ike's utilt in the air. Nightmare's cleaver is of course much larger then Ike's sword, though, and of course more powerful. The move isn't any slower then Ike's utilt, but due to Nightmare's fallspeed you'll rarely get a chance to use this well. Does 9-10% damage and average upward knockback.

Dair - Soul Stomp: Nightmare stomps his feet down like Ganondorf's dair, but his legs are seperated instead of being right against each other, making two seperate hitboxes, decently spread out. The move isn't too laggy, although it's very hard to hit anybody below nightmare due to his ridiculous fall speed. If you hit the blunt of his legs, you'll only be dealt 5-6% damage and small knockback, but if you hit his feet you'll be meteor smashed downwards for 12-13% damage.

-Soul Charge Bonus- Fire will come out of Nightmare's feet as he does this attack, increasing the range of the part of the move which will meteor smash enemies. It also causes an extra 3-4% damage with a fiery effect.

Grabs and Throws:

Grab: Nightmare reaches out his monster arm to grab the foe. Due to the length of his arm, the grab has exceptional range without having terrible endling lag like the grabs of Link or Samus. The grab resembles Dedede's in how fast it comes out along with the good range, and while he can't do it as well while running as Dedede, his grab has slightly more range.

Grab Attack - Killer's Claw: While holding the enemy with his monstrous claws on the end of his arm, he digs the claws into the enemy to damage them. Only 1-2% damage, but can be spammed better then most grab attacks, being decently quick

Fthrow - Torturer's Throw: Nightmare lets go of his sword as it levitates alongside him and grabs the enemy with both his hands. He quickly yells "I WANT TO HEAR YOU SCREAM!" and squeezes them with both his arms painfully for 6-7% damage, the target letting out multiple cries of pain, then lets go of them and then kicks forward with one leg while they're still stunned, for 4-5% damage, letting out a short evil laugh as he grabs his sword once again. This is very slow for a throw, meaning it's bad to use in free for alls, but has the best knockback of his throws, being pretty high.

Bthrow - Doom's Invitation: Nightmare faces his head down to the ground and impales the enemy with the spike on his helmet and has it drill around inside them for 3-6% damage, then grabs the enemy by the legs and spins them around, letting go of them upon facing the opposite direction to send them flying for 5-6% damage and good knockback for a throw. This move has less knockback then his fthrow, but happens much faster.

Uthrow - Unholy Terror: Nightmare stomps on his enemy's feet with his own foot forcefully, stunning them, then does a quicker, much weaker version of the second upwards slash of his fsmash, midnight launcher, sending them up and away. The stomp does 4-5% damage while the sword swing does 7-8% damage and average throw knockback upwards.

Dthrow - Shoulder Claw Throw: Nigthmare lifts his foe up into the air, then hurls them over his shoulder and onto the ground, dealing 7-8% damage, then digs his claw into them for another 3-4% damage, letting out a battle cry. Decently laggy, although this only matters in free for all as the enemy is helpless while being thrown. Due to Nightmare's long grab range, the living suit of armor can chain grab with this throw against the biggest of enemies such as Ganondorf, Bowser, and Dedede, but only against walls, meaning this is useless in competetive play for chain grabbing purposes.

Final Smash - Night Terror:

After activating the smash ball, Nightmare screams at the top of his lunges "I WILL SHOW YOU THE GREATEST NIGHTMARE!", turning invulnerable, starting to laugh maniacally. The azure knight lets go of soul edge for it to levitate above him and swirl around and soul calibur to appear alongside it. The two swords merge together and zap Nightmare with a bolt of electricity, and Nightmare undergoes a transformation of epic proportions into Night Terror, becoming around 1.5X as big and sprouting wings, having all the powerf of both Soul Calibur and Soul Edge.

This transformation still leaves Night Terror vulnerable, unlike Wario-Man and Giga Bowser, but the chances of Night Terror actually dying are virtually non existant, as he doubles his weight and now has infinite jumps by flapping his wings, his B up being replaced by a free flight like Pit's to boot. Night Terror naturally has far more range due to his size, it's hard NOT to hit something with his attacks with the insane size of his sword. His power gets an upgrade to match the range and size upgrades, all his moves having around 1.5X as much knockback and damage. Night Terror gets all the bonuses of having soul charge on while in the form of Night Terror, and his B down special is replaced by a giant laser that goes outward from the orb in his chest. The laser bounces around like Rob's, but does around twice as much damage and knockback and has a very short recharge time, about 5 seconds. This beastly final smash lasts a mere 15 seconds, so save the experimenting with your newfound power for training mode and make good use of the final smash for the short period of time you have it.

Overall Play Style:

Nightmare has a much easier time dealing damage and finishing off enemies when the soul charge is active, but he must find a good time to use it when he'll actually be able to attack the enemy, but also when he won't be interrupted while charging. Nightmare will want to link as many moves as he can into soul devour to get more soul charge time, and this is like most things Nightmare does, easier to do when soul charge is already active. Many of Nightmare's moves have soul devour be activated as he does another attack when he's charged with souls, so Nightmare can slowly build up his time higher and higher as the fight goes on. If Nightmare plays smart and skillfully, using the mechanic to his advantage, he'll be somewhat like Lucario in that he'll become more and more powerful as the battle rages on.

Nightmare's pretty well suited for staying in the battle for long periods of time due to his weight, but once he's off the platform he has major problems due to his fall speed. While Nightmare can get rid of most edge guarders with little problem, most of the time he won't even need to be edge guarded because he falls like a rock. If Nightmare ever falls from a high position and actually has time for some aerial attacks, he's a beast, as he has three meteor smashes and two Nightmare-cide moves.

Due to his fall speed, Nightmare will want to stay away from edges, and while not having any projectiles, he has the ability to do that due to his good defensive game. With Soul Charge on, many of Nightmare's attacks are quite deadly and leave little room open for his enemies to attack, although with it off his number of attacks he can actually hit with close up are very limited. While soul charge is off, Nightmare can defend himself despite his slowness with his long range attacks, but he'll have to be very careful if an enemy should get in too close, as he's very vulnerable there, and will have to get them away from him as soon as he can. Thankfully most of his attacks have high priority, so characters like Sonic who one would think would be very problematic for Nightmare will be silenced by his huge blade. Should Nightmare actually need to kill anyone without soul charge on, his dsmash works decently well, for one on one fights, as the enemy be flying off into the distance while the azure knight deals with the attack's ending lag.

Once Nightmare activates his soul charge, his play style changes from defensive to agressive, as he certainly won't want to waste his newfound power. The soul charge bonuses will cover Nightmare's defense while Nightmare himself can focus on sending his enemies flying off the screen, never to return. You can use nightmare's up special to grab enemies then throw them upwards and rack up massive damage with a soul charged usmash, or if they're at higher percentages you can use a fsmash or dsmash to finish them off. If he's at a reasonably low percent, Nightmare can work on building up his soul charge time for the next charge instead of strictly damage dealing by focusing on hitting enemies with the soul devour bonus from extra attacks. The horrific howl/soul devour combo works well with this concept.

While Nightmare doesn't have as many kill moves as other heavy characters, he's much better at racking up damage then they are and making faster characters keep their distance. While it's harder to knock Nightmare off the edge due to him having a good defensive game and his weight, he doesn't need to be knocked far away due to the fact he'll fall like a rock and be unable to recover.

Overall, Nightmare takes a good deal of getting used to next to your standard character, as Nightmare will have to adapt to the situation to play well while waiting for his next soul charge and make the most of soul charge when he does use it. He's rather unique in that while a heavy character, not too many of his attacks are that hard to hit with, and he doesn't have a large amount of kill moves. His fsmash and dsmash are the only really reliable moves to actually be able to finish enemies off, and while his other attacks aren't weak, they aren't that above average. He makes a very solid addition to the selection of heavy characters, making Dedede seem like a typical heavy character in terms of play style when they're both compared to the likes of Bowser, Ganondorf and Ike. If not for his terrible fall speed, he'd be among the best characters in the game due to being able to both damage and kill enemies well, but his horrendous fall speed holds him back from being on the god-like level of Meta Knight, Snake and Dedede, destroying what would otherwise be an excellent air game.

Taunts:

Up Taunt - World's End: Nightmare points upwards with his monster arm and says "I SHALL SHOW YOU THE END OF DAYS!".

Side Taunt - Monster's Maniacal Laughter: Nightmare lets out a very loud insane sounding laugh, his arms folded as soul edge levitates at his side. Has decent ending lag, meaning the taunt cannot be spammed to take away from the disturbing effect of the insane laughter.

Down Taunt - Grave Digger: Nightmare points forward with his monster arm and says "THIS PLACE SHALL BE YOUR GRAVE!".

Entrance - Darkness of the Abyss: A red demonic portal will appear at the ground at the position Nightmare enters from, and he crawls up from out of it hastily, saying "WHERE. . .WHERE IS THE NEXT SOUL?!?".

Results Screen Poses:

Win 1 - Futile Resistance: Nightmare turns around to all the losers and swings his monster arm forward as if to address them, saying "IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH YOU STRUGGLE!".

Win 2 - Endless Nightmare: Nightmare swings his sword around then poses in his Soul Calibur victory poses, holding his sword out in front of him with one arm, saying "NONE OF YOU CAN DEFEAT THIS NIGHTMARE!".

Win 3 - No value of life: Nightmare puts his monster arm up to the side of his helmet where his ear would be and says "WHAT SWEET SOUNDS. . .OF DEATH."

Loss - Hateful Stare: Nightmare claps angrily, staring at the winner with burning hate, his head turned towards them. Soul Edge levitates alongside Nightmare and turns the gaze of it's eye towards the winner also, sometimes creepy blinking, giving a creepy stare.

Kirby Hat: Kirby gets the upper half of the azure knight's helmet, it going over his eyes. For Kirby's version of soul devour, he faces the camera and trys to suck in foes from both sides. Due to Kirby being so small, his version of the attack has a decent bit smaller range. If somebody gets to Kirby's mouth, you can mash B on them to damage them like with Wario's Kirby Hat.

Alternate Costumes:
-Default -Blue Team
-Nightmare's armor turns red, matching the color of the orb in his chest, making him look very demonic. -Red Team
-Nightmare's armor turns a mossy green, matching his monster arm and making him look somewhat as if he's covered in moss. - Green Team
-Nightmare's armor turns black, turning him into a knight far superior to the dark knight, Batman, or the black knight of fire emblem.
-Nightmare's armor turns white, while his monster arm turns black, making him look as if he's an fallen angel, especially in Night Terror form.
-Nightmare's armor turns gold with various parts of the armor being ruby colored, making the suit of armor look very rich.

Snake Codec Conversation:

Snake: Who's this guy in the suit of armor with that huge mutated arm sticking out of it?
Otacon: That thing's a heck of a Nightmare, Snake.
Snake: Tell me about it.
Otacon: No, seriously, that's his name, Snake, Nightmare.
Snake: Knowing his name won't help me much in a fight, now will it?
Otacon: If you want to be technical, there's nobody in that suit of armor. Nightmare is the armor itself.
Snake: Is this really the time for technicalities, Otacon? How do I fight this guy?!?
Otacon: Oh, right. . .Just don't let him devour your soul and keep your distance away from his huge sword.
Snake: I think I'll be better off fighting on my own. . .Thanks for all the "help", Otacon.

Stage - Ostrheinsburg Chapel:

Picture

This is where the destined battles in Soul Calibur 2 take place, and this is also considered Nightmare's home stage. At the end of Soul Calibur 2, Siegfried breaks free from Nightmare's control here while he's fighting Raphael, and Nightmare's spirit has nowhere else to go but the armor Siegfried has left behind. Nightmare layed motionless due to having no real body until Zasalamel came along and gave the azure knight his own body in secret, letting him be reborn. This place holds large significance to Nightmare, being where he truly became independent, no longer needing a host.

You fight in the chapel with the beautiful stained glass windows in the background, and the overall size of the stage is around that of final destination. On the right side of the stage is the pit you see in the screenshot, but also a wall, meaning you can't kill people off that side of the arena but you can also spike them in the pit. The pit also prevents abuse of the wall with chain grabbing. On the left side of the arena, not seen in the picture, is a massive fall down to your doom, there being pillars lining the sides, though they're only in the background and don't effect gameplay. The pit is enlarged to be bigger then the one shown in the picture/the actual stage in Soul Calibur, being around one third the size of final destination.

Nightmare himself thrives in the right side of the arena, able to recover from falling into the pit decently well due to there being a wall to keep him from flying too far to recover. With this short pit, Nightmare can actually take advantage of his aerial game, able to use his three meteor smashes and two Nightmare-cide moves quite well.

Music (My main computer has no youtube access. To hear the songs, type in the actual name of the song then the game it's from.):
-Raise thy Sword (Soul Calibur 2 Ostrheinsburg Chapel Theme)
-Forsaken Sanctuary (Soul Calibur 3 Lost Cathedral Theme)
-If There Were Any Other Way (Soul Calibur 2 Destined Battle Theme 1)
-Nothing to Lose (Soul Calibur 2 Destined Battle Theme 2)
-Maze of the Blade (Soul Calibur 2 Egyptian Crypt Theme)
-Time Marches On (Soul Calibur 3 Clock Tower Theme)
-No Regrets (Soul Calibur 3 Pirate Raid Theme)
-Blind Loyalty (Soul Calibur 3 Secret Money Pit Theme)
-Through Molten Caves (Soul Calibur 3 Sacred Mt. Fuji - Lava Bed Theme)

Assist Trophy - Astaroth:

Picture

Astaroth bursts out from the assist trophy and yells "RAIN OF BLOOD WILL RAIN DOWN TODAY!". He leaps around with impressive jumps, swinging his axe down forward, doing having massive knockback, range and 23-25% damage, but being very slow. If anybody gets close enough to him, his arms will turn fiery and he'll charge up for a second, then grab the person in front of him if they were so foolish to stick around. Astaroth will then hug the target in a bear hug, saying "Suffer!", doing 33-37% damage. Astaroth lasts 15 seconds.

Item - Soul Edge Shard:

These appear as red jewels on the ground, them being very shiny to help make distinguish them from the large amount of other small items. Your character though won't seem to get the message, and will just eat the shard, thinking it's food. The shard causes you character to deal 1.25X as much damage and knockback, but will cause the character to steadily take damage over time, 1% per second. The power bonus lasts 15 seconds, but the side effect lasts 20 seconds. You have to actually think before you use this item, as the extra power might not always be worth the damage you'll take from it. Players under the effect of the item will have a slight red tint.

Role in SSE:

Nightmare is one of the main villians in the SSE, alongside Bowser and Ganondorf. Before Marth's first level, Ike will have a brief level where he fights off various subspace enemies. After defeating said enemies, a cutscene shows Nightmare coming up to challenge Ike, motioning to his minions to back off and says one of the few lines in the entire adventure mode, "THIS PLACE SHALL BE YOUR GRAVE.", and a battle follows. After defeating Nightmare, he's turned into a trophy, and the level goes on as normal.

In the scene where King Dedede steals Wario's trophy cart, the scene is extended for Wario to see Nightmare's trophy lying nearby. Wario regognizes him as one of the other villians and touches his trophy base to resurrect him. Nightmare gets up and says "WHERE. . .WHERE IS THE NEXT SOUL?!?" and Wario points off into the distance at Dedede. Nightmare nods, and the two villians run off after the king of dreamland, you getting to play as them for a level. The enemies aren't subspace enemies and instead are various natural enemies who inhabit the world, meaning wild Pokemon and beasts like Wolfos.

Nightmare and Wario are next seen after the first level where Mario, Pit, Link, Yoshi and Kirby chase after King Dedede, being a decent bit behind them, not being the fastest of runners. Wario gets on his bike and makes a funny face at Nightmare, who still has to run, for Nightmare to let out an annoyed grunt, and you play as the pair of villians for another level as they chase after Dedede and now Mario's party as well. Due to you playing as the bad guys, there are more natural enemies here.

After the level, a cutscene shows Wario and Nightmare meeting up with Bowser, who is also on the way to attack Dedede as per Ganondorf's orders. Bowser motions for Wario to leave to the ruins in the opposite direction, and Wario gives a salute, though farts. Nightmare and Bowser smack their hands on their faces, and Wario rides off on his bike towards the ruins where he fights Lucas and Pokemon Trainer as normal. After Wario leaves, Bowser motions towards the castle. Instead of going into the same part of the cave like Mario's party, Bowser shows Nightmare a hidden shortcut, and they enter it together. You first play a cave level as Nightmare and Bowser, then the standard one with Mario's Party. More enviormental enemies are there to face Nightmare and Bowser.

Nightmare jumps into Dedede's castle alongside Bowser in the cutscene where Bowser normally does so alone, taking the trophy of the princess. Nightmare is also seen escaping with Bowser in his koopa clown car as the other characters chase after them, laughing maniacally alongside him as they go up to the halberd in Bowser's vehicle.

Nightmare and Bowser aren't seen again until the end of the level Snake, Meta Knight and Lucario share in the halberd, before they'd normally fight the shadow versions of Zelda and Peach. Bowser and Nightmare are together in the room where Peach and Zelda are being held, and they both laugh evily at their captive maidens. Bowser goes to leave and motions for Nightmare to stay put, but Nightmare simply replies "I NEED MORE SOULS. . .". Bowser shakes his head no and leaves, and Nightmare waits for him to be a decent bit off into the distance, and when his foot steps are no longer heard he turns his head back to the princesses and mumbles "SOOOOUULLLLSSSS. . .". He frees Peach and Zelda from their cages and then resurrects them, letting out a zombie like "SOOOOOUUULLLLSSS. . ." once again. They back up into a corner, Nightmare closing in on them, and you play as Nightmare against the two of them.

After defeating the pathetic princesses, Nightmare laughs evily and turns them into shadow versions of themselves, then Snake's party arrives inside. Nightmare motions to Snake's party, and the princesses bow in response to Nightmare and then go up to fight them while Nightmare leaves.

Nightmare and Bowser aren't seen again until the great invasion cutscene, them standing on top of the Ganon Cannon alongside the king of evil. Nightmare clenches his monster arm in anger as the other two villians also show their disgust with their weapon being destroyed. The three villians are next shown in the scene where Ganondorf normally betrays Bowser, but Nightmare blocks the shot for Bowser with soul edge, being loyal to Bowser, not Ganondorf. Bowser turns around and roars angrily at Ganondorf, and a battle begins, you playing as Ganondorf against Bowser and Nightmare. After defeating them, the next cutscene goes on as normal, but Tabuu has Master Hand attack Ganondorf, still having him under his control. Master Hand is an actual boss fight in this version of the SSE, you getting to use Ganondorf again for the battle. After this, Tabuu uses his red rings of death to turn everyone but King Dedede, Luigi, Ness and Kirby into trophies as normal.

Nightmare will not be present in the end of King Dedede's level, you still just fighting Bowser there. Instead, Kirby will find Nightmare at the end of his level and resurrect him as he's been doing to everyone else. Nightmare gets up and tries to suck Kirby into himself with his Soul Devour attack, laughing evily, but Kirby just sucks back. They fight to see who can outdo the other with their abilities, and the fight starts before it ends, you playing as Kirby. Once you defeat Nightmare, Kirby resurrects him and Nightmare looks as if he's ready to fight once more, but Bowser comes over and gets in the way of Kirby, motioning to Ganondorf's trophy. They nod to each other and get their revenge on Ganondorf, beating up his trophy, and the cutscene goes on as normal, King Dedede giving Kirby a hug.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Rock is awesome.

Knightmare is simply greatness. I'm a big Knightmare fan myself, and I simply love how you were able to implement things such as Soul Charge and utilize more than just his sword for attacks.

I was gonna post my next moveset, but I think I'll give Knightmare a little more time in the spotlight.:)

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Nightmare was done in 2.0, and I dont like duplicate entries really so.....

sorry for inactivity. School has started up again.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Chapter 5: Serving a Higher Authority

Cinematic 20: Crystal Collection

Cortex and Tiny are seen together in the throne room of Castle Cortex. Cortex is seated on a small throne made just for his ****** size, while Tiny stands at his side as his personal body guard. N. Gin, Dingodile, N. Brio, and Ripper Roo are also at Cortex’s side in a similar fashion to Tiny. Tiny and Ripper Roo are talking to each other in stupid sounding gibberish, it becoming rather loud and annoying. The other characters get rather annoyed at this random blabbering, N. Gin’s nuclear warhead stuck in his head nearly going off out of annoyance. Dingodile sighs and comes inbetween them, splitting them apart, before the three human doctors come over to take more forceful action. Dingodile goes to make the two minions sit in separate corners for a “time out”, petting their heads as he leaves them, them acting like stupid pets. Ripper Roo for the most part stays good and quiet, but Tiny quickly grows bored. Tiny uses his nail to draw in the wall, cutting out a horribly bad drawing of himself and Cortex. The nail sounds like screeching on a chalkboard, causing the three doctors to hold their ears, wreathing in pain. Dingodile goes over to Tiny again and smacks him, putting his hands on his hips. Tiny becomes angry and growls lowly at Dingodile from the smack, but Dingodile just rolls his eyes and casually takes out a ball of yarn, which Tiny quickly becomes fascinated with and proceeds to play with (Due to being a cat), dismissing any anger at Dingodile he had. Tiny and Ripper Roo behaving, Dingodile goes back over to the three doctors once more and lets out a sigh of relief as he slumps against the wall, relaxing.

Before Dingodile can have any real time to himself without anything happening, N. Trance and N. Tropy enter Cortex’s throne room together. Cortex folds his hands together eagerly and asks “Is it finished?” for N. Tropy to nod and reply “It’s better then ever before. . .”, him and N. Trance letting out a slight laugh. Cortex joins in the laughter as do the other doctors and Dingodile, and everything seems quit fine and evil. . .Until Ripper Roo and Tiny join in with their loud obnoxious stupid sounding laughter, causing everyone else to stop and turn to look at them in annoyance. N. Trance ends the stupid laughter session by letting out a loud cough to override them, then motions to everyone to come with him and N. Tropy to what the two of them were just working on. The entire group descends a flight of stairs into a warp room for the doctors to applaud their work. N. Tropy and N. Trance take quick bows, then Trance points to a thought bubble above his head of him going into a portal, appearing in a new area, taking a crystal, then going back through the portal, telling everyone that there the portals lead to areas with power crystals. Cortex nods to this and does a motion like Olimar’s dsmash, preading his arms apart, telling everybody to split up. All of the characters go into separate portals to retrieve crystals. . .

Level 37: Cortex’s Crystals
Play as: Cortex and Tiny (Cortex only)

The level picks up directly after the cinematic, having a jungle theme. The level itself is a fairly standard Crash Bandicoot one, featuring plenty of crates for you to break. Items don’t randomly spawn in this SSE, but there are specifically placed Aku Aku crates you can use throughout this level to gain the protection of Uka Uka. Due to Cortex being bottom tier material without Tiny, the level is fairly generous to you in the terms of combat, there not having being many enemies or any hard ones. Instead, the level capitalizes on platforming, what with Cortex’s excellent recovery and making use of the various Crash Bandicoot crates.

At the end of the level a cutscene shows Cortex finding the power crystal he came to this place to search for. Cortex goes to nab it, but a whirling blur goes past Cortex before he can claim it. The whirl reveals itself as Crash Bandicoot, holding the crystal. Crash stupidly tries to pick his nose with the crystal for Cortex to let out a single shot from his blaster, casually disposing of the orange marsupial. Cortex shrugs and says “Why did I never think of this before?”, taking the crystal and kicking Crash’s corpse into a river where it gets carried downstream. Crash’s corpse proceeds to go down a waterfall and hit several rocks, Cortex laughing as it hits each and every individual one in exceptionally painful looking positions. Cortex leaves the area to go back to the way he came into this place for the camera to resume at the location where he was. . .After a pause. . .Crash Bandicoot appears? He does the Crash dance for no apparent reason, and the camera cuts down to the Crash Cortex killed. It zooms in on him to reveal massive eyebrows and stupid looking teeth, Cortex having merely killed Fake Crash rather than the real thing. The camera cuts back to the real Crash who notices Cortex and proceeds to follow him back through the portal. . .

Level 38: Wild Cat’s Crystals
Play as: Cortex and Tiny (Titan Tiny Form, Tiny only)

You next go to where Tiny ended up after entering a portal, there being no cutscene at the start of the level, somewhat of a rarity, due to everything already having been established. This level resembles Cortex’s but takes place in a fiery environment rather then a jungle one, and focuses on combat rather than platforming in stark contrast to Cortex’s level due to Tiny being overpowered on his own and Tiny’s recovery being terrible. At the end of the level you’ll have to use Tiny’s fair to go a long horizontal distance to tether on to a ledge, but other then that you’re just walloping hordes of random enemies. Aku Aku crates are of course also present in this level, as well as plenty of other various Crash Bandicoot crates.

Battle 30: Crunching Bandicoots
Play as: Cortex and Tiny (Titan Tiny Form, Tiny Only)
Played Against: Crunch Bandicoot (Alt costume of Tiny alone)

Tiny eyes a crystal in the distance for his tongue to flail out of his mouth like a dog as he runs after it rapidly in a stupid fashion, being somewhat slow due to his tiny legs. Before he can retrieve it, Crunch Bandicoot picks it up with his big metal hand, smirking at Tiny. Tiny is outraged at this and throws his trident at Crunch for him to catch it. Crunch chuckles at disarming Tiny for Tiny to try to find another trident frantically, reaching behind his back in a carton fashion but not finding anything. He eventually pulls a spare out his *** in a fashion like Ganondorf’s down taunt for Crunch to raise an eyebrow while Tiny gets in a fighting position, and a battle starts. Crunch is a clone of Tiny alone, using the trident he caught that Tiny threw at him to use Tiny’s various moves.

Level 39: Head Count
Play as: Iago and Zazu (Zazu only)

Zazu is seen napping in the tree that he calls home, sleeping soundly. Rafiki comes up to Zazu’s tree, peeking his eye in through a small hole in the tree and letting out some various baboon noises to try to wake him up, but Zazu just mumbles “5 more minutes. . .”. Rafiki facepalms and sticks in his staff through the hole to beat him over the head for a rude awakening. Zazu wakes up, his tail feathers falling out, and hastily puts them back in, giving an annoyed nod at Rafiki who just laughs. Zazu starts tapping his foot, wondering why he was awoken, for Rafiki to throw a tablet sized for him in through the hole and says “Time for da annual royal census!”. Zazu sighs and takes the tablet and flies out of his tree and the level starts.

There are no enemies in the level, but Zazu is far from the only living thing in it. There are plenty of other animals throughout the level, but they function as obstacles rather then enemies, being unable to be attacked despite being able to damage you, although not intentionally. The king’s advisor gets no respect, eh? The level isn’t challenging at all to get through. . .But there’s a big catch. At the end of the level you’ll be asked how many of each type of animal you saw throughout the level, and you have to put in the correct number for, say, 75% of them, or else be forced to redo the level. The animals that spawn as obstacles are random, meaning you can’t just look at some guide and snap your way through. A particularly hard species to count is the rabbits what with how they multiply, but you only need to get the amount of 75% of the species correct to proceed.

Level 40: Taking Pride Rock’s Pride
Play as: N. Trance

N. Trance comes through one of the portals from his warp room to come off in a less generic enviornment then Cortex and Tiny ended up in, finding himself in Pride Rock from the Lion King. N. Trance dusts himself off and looks around in this new area. He passes by Timon and Pumba, the former riding on top of the latter. N. Trance hastily goes up to them and points to a thought bubble up above himself of a crystal for Timon to smack the thought bubble apart and just say “Relax, buddy!”. N. Trance angrily makes the thought bubble again and once again points to it, but Timon just destroys it again. The two begin to sing Akuna Matata. . .But N. Trance doesn’t have time for such foolish things and extends out his mechanical arm to grab Timon and shove him into Pumba’s mouth. N. Trance angrily glares at Pumba and once again points to a crystal in a thought bubble for Pumba to hastily point in a general direction. N. Trance pats his head and heads off in that direction for Pumba to spit out Timon, who shakes his fist angrily at N. Trance. Timon goes off to attack him for Pumba to hold him back, and the level starts up.

The first part of the level is more jungle like Zazu’s level, although now you’re able to actually attack the animals, them being enemies rather then obstacles, intentionally trying to attack you. In the second part of the level you’ll reach Pride Rock and begin ascending it, fighting off feral Lions along the way.

Battle 31: N. Trancing Zazu
Play as: N. Trance
Played Against: Iago and Zazu (Zazu only)

Zazu is seen going back inside Pride Rock to report his head count to the king, Simba. . .to find him getting knocked out unconscious by N. Trance’s mechanical arms, causing Zazu to nearly faint in shock. N. Trance goes to take the crystal hidden in the back of Pride Rock’s interior, taking a break for a stereotypical villain laugh. Zazu gets a determined look on his face and goes to snatch the crystal before N. Trance extends out his mechanical arm to grab it. Zazu instantly becomes alarmed and goes to flee from N. Trance out onto the cliff of Pride Rock that’s regularly shown, and a battle begins there.

Upon Zazu’s defeat, N. Trance casually nabs the crystal. Zazu lies on the ground weakly, still conscious, reaching out his wing to try to go after him and slowly pulling himself along. N. Trance rubs his chin, noticing the bird’s strong determination and durability for it’s small size, and decides it’d make a worthy slave, particularly upon being exposed to Cortex’s evolve-o ray that created Crash, Tiny and the gang from common animals. N. Trance picks Zazu up and his eyes start twirling as he begins hypnotizing Zazu. Zazu tries to look away, but N. Trance uses his other arm to hold his head in place to face him. Zazu proceeds to close his eyes much to N. Trance’s annoyance, who forces his eyelids open. Zazu finally becomes “N-tranced” and takes a bow to his master for him to let out a chuckle and motion for the bird to come with him, and they proceed to head for the portal to exit the realm of the Lion King.

Cinematic 21: The Bandicoot crashes the party

Cortex and all of his various minions return from their various portals with the crystals, one after the other, Cortex coming out first. They all let out evil laughs, save the hypnotized Zazu. Cortex sees Tiny and Ripper Roo about to join the laugher with their obnoxious idiotic laughs for him to hastily stop laughing, the others hastily following his lead. Tiny and Ripper Roo keep their big yapping mouths shuts and all seems will as Cortex proceeds to take and count the crystals his minions have retrieved gleefully. Cortex proceeds to tell his minions how he “finally beat Crash Bandicoot” pointing to a thought bubble of him killing Fake Crash earlier. All the villains applaud this. . .But before much celebration can take place, Crash Bandicoot comes from the portal Cortex came from, having followed him there. All the villains hastily turn to glare at Cortex for him to just shrug and smile stupidly, then get in a fighting stance towards Crash, the other villains following his lead.

Mini-Boss: Crash Bandicoot
Play as: Cortex and Tiny, N. Trance, Iago and Zazu (Zazu only)

This takes place on the Warp Room stage from my Cortex and Tiny moveset. The other villains, while not playable, will still be present as obstacles (See the stage for details. Be warned, it’s quite lengthy.). Crash won’t ever get knocked off the platform due to taking no knockback due to his ironic boss status, but he’ll still get hurt by the other villains. If there comes a point where he has to follow along with the stage such as N. Tropy’s section he’ll do so, but this is quite rare. Be careful, as the villains on the stage can still hurt you as well. Crash has very little health, but his attacks come out very fast, and he’s a very small target, only around Mario’s size. Crash will constantly move back and forth across the stage at high speeds, randomly jumping some as well, making him a hard target to hit for a boss. If crash is falling down from a jump and lands on you, he’ll footstool off of you to go to even greater heights and spike you to the ground with 10% damage.

Attacks:

Spin: Crash spins around at ridiculous speeds to the point that he’s barely recognizable, his signature attack. This does 8% damage and below average knockback. The catch? Crash can do this while moving in his awkward pattern, and it’s EXTREMELY common for him to do this. No seriously, half the time he’s not doing another attack, he’ll be doing this, and the attack has near perfect priority. This makes Crash very annoying to damage, although thankfully he can’t take many hits.

Tornado Spin: Basically like the plain old Spin, but Crash will wait to land on ground before using it and do a little start up animation to indicate it. This lasts 5X as long as spin, and sucks you in like Pikachu’s dsmash for multiple hits. You’ll take 4 hits of 2% damage per second for 5 seconds, and the last hit does average knockback. Crash will move around like with Spin once he starts up the attack, though a bit more slowly. Crash will be dizzy at the end of the attack for a second, giving you a rare chance to punish him.

Bazooka Blast: When Crash has his feet planted firmly on the ground, he’ll take out a bazooka out of nowhere and start aiming at you with it. Some crosshairs will show you where he’s aiming, and they move very fast. Crash will put the crosshairs over you over the course of half a second, then fire a wumpa fruit (Apple) out of the bazooka at you. It goes the speed of Falco’s blaster and does 13-14% with above average knockback. Crash will move the crosshairs over you again as soon as he fires a wumpa fruit over another half a second, making this a rapid fire attack. Crash’ll fire the bazooka 4 times before putting it away. This is deadly at a range, but highly punishable up close.

Body Slam: Crash spins around in mid-air at the top of one of his jumps he does as he patrols the stage then plummets to the ground with a belly flop. Has a good three quarters of a second of start up, but Crash plummets to the ground extremely quickly. Does 17-18% damage and good knockback, having the most KO potential of Crash’s attacks, though it has some lag in comparison to his other attacks on both ends (The ending lag is him getting up).

Attacks added at 25% health:

Aku Aku Assault: Crash summons Aku Aku and then wears him as a mask, his feathers being golden. The Crash Bandicoot invincibility music overrides the background music, and Crash continues running in his normal pattern, but twice as fast. If you hit him you’ll take 14-15% damage with good knockback, and attacks on him will have no effect, projectiles getting reflected off of him. This lasts 10 seconds.

Level 41: N. Sanity Clifftops
Play as: Spyro

For once in this chapter we aren’t directly looking on from where we were previously. . .We have a view of Cortex Castle from the far distance up on the top of a cliff. It looks quite intimidating from here and it’s a good ways down. There are plenty of other cliffs surrounding the castle, but they’re separated by wide gaps. The camera suddenly turns around to show the person staring from the cliff top down upon Cortex Castle, who is none other than Spyro. Spyro extends out his wings and goes to glide to Cortex Castle, shooting his breath of flame at the camera, and the level starts. You transverse the cliffs to make your way to the rooftop of Cortex Castle in this level.

Cinematic 22: Recruiting a recruit to recruit

We rejoin Death, Zant, and his general Shadow Beast come out of the portal Master Hand made to find themselves on N. Sanity island, home to Cortex Castle. Zant and Death look rather annoyed at the new job they’ve been given, considering it below themselves to recruit Cortex personally. The general points to a thought bubble above his head of them walking to Cortex’s castle to give him an invitation, but Zant shakes his head angrily, folding his arms, not wanting to do it. Death gets a lightbulb above his head then points to a thought bubble of them sending a random figure (It just being a generic silhouette) to Cortex Castle, saying that they could find somebody else to do the job. Zant applauds this and motions for them to follow him, opening up a portal which he and the other two dark lords go into.

Battle 32: Otherwordly Attackers
Play as: Guntz
Played Against: Zant, Shadow Beast, Death

Janga is seen in his lair of sorts in the Klonoa universe, seated in an expensive looking chair. He looks to the left then to the right to see if any of his men are nearby. . .Then eagerly takes out a magazine entitled “Playcat”. His eyes go all crazy and oogly over the stuff he sees inside this dirty magazine, but this is interrupted before he can get any enjoyment out of it with the arrival of Zant, Death, and the Shadow Beast general through a portal. Zant comes up to Janga and points to a thought bubble above his head of him bowing to Master Hand for Janga to nod, telling Zant that he indeed is a member of Master Hand’s force. . .Death points to a thought bubble of him going up to Cortex Castle for Janga to roll his eyes and say no. Death angrily points to his own thought bubble again for it to show Master Hand smiting him for Janga to angrily go to get up. Little did Janga know that the Shadow Beast snuck while he talked with Zant and Death. The Shadow Beast takes a look into Janga’s “materials”, then hastily turns the other way and vomits onto the ground. Zant and Death raise their eyebrows for Janga to hastily put away the magazine behind his back. Zant and Death dismiss this while the Shadow Beast continues to hurl. Zant makes a portal to leave along with Janga. . .But they all stop early before entering the portal due to hearing some gunshots and the sound of Janga’s men getting killed off, turning to look in that direction. A figure curled up with a gold black color suddenly leaps into the room then lands on the ground to reveal himself as Guntz, shooting a round of his gun at Janga, narrowly missing. Janga, Zant, and Death get in fighting poses to combat Guntz while the Shadow Beast stops hurling to turn his attention to Guntz, and the battle begins.

You only have to take down one of your enemies at a time as only one will be on screen at a time. . .But there’s a catch. Janga is constantly on the screen and is invulnerable, being a boss. He can’t be attacked and his attacks won’t harm your enemies, so he’s a very annoying stage hazard of sorts.

Level 42: N. Sanity Beach
Play as: Guntz, Zant, Shadow Beast, Death

Guntz proceeds to move about with agility, firing his mass weapons skillfully to the point where they can barely get a hit in on him. Still, things are far from in Guntz’s favor due to how outnumbered he is, him not having an easy time with this. The Shadow Beast goes to get Janga’s magazine to distract Guntz, but Janga smacks the shadow beast and hastily pockets it away. Zant is fighting Guntz all the while this is going on, but Death rubs his chin (Or lack thereof due to his flesh being long gone), watching Guntz carefully. A thought bubble above his head of Guntz going to Cortex Castle appears, Death deciding that Guntz is more then a worthy addition to their team. Death goes up between Zant and Guntz to push them apart. Guntz goes to put some more clips into Death’s skull, but he hastily puts up his hands to tell Guntz to stop, and extends out his hand to shake with Guntz, trying to earn his trust. Guntz smacks Death’s hand away in annoyance, disgusted, folding his arms. Death shrugs, wondering why Guntz feels this way, for Guntz to point to a thought bubble of Janga killing his father. Death sighs, seeing how deep Guntz’ grudge is, but then a light bulb appears above his head, getting an idea. He points to a thought bubble above his head of him bringing back Guntz’s father from the dead, him able to do that due to being the Grim Reaper, being the overseer of the underworld. Guntz raises an eyebrow, but ultimately looks interested, deciding that Death’s grim reaper status is more then enough proof that he has the power to do so. Guntz reluctantly shakes Death’s hand for him to let out an evil laugh, and he motions for Guntz to come with him into the portal back to Cortex’s island. Guntz goes along with them until he notices Janga coming along also for him to fold his arms and shake his head no, having no intention of working with his father’s murderer, but Death just points to his thought bubble of him resurrecting Guntz’s father again and laughs. Guntz sighs and goes with them, having no choice but to join them.

They go through the portal to be back on the beach outside Cortex Castle. Death points off to the castle for Guntz and Janga to nod and start running off towards it. It only takes so long before they realize that the others aren’t running along with them, them just reclining on trees and relaxing, Death letting out a yawn. They’re merely waiting for them to go do their job for them, the whole reason they want out to hire help in the first place was so they wouldn’t have to do it. Guntz and Janga look at the three dark lords who hired them angrily for Zant to just give them a dismissive flick of his hand, motioning them to go on. Janga and Guntz look rather angry at the laziness of the other three for them to just smirk at them, as if saying “And what are you gonna do about it?”. Janga reluctantly sighs and takes out his nasty magazine to show to the characters, causing the Shadow Beast to vomit as per usual and for Death’s skull to fall off in horror, the mouth wide open. Zant runs off camera, screaming in his childish manner due to being panicked, more vomiting noises heard, then comes back, firmly placing his helmet back on as he comes back on camera. Guntz raises an eyebrow at Janga for him to just let out a chuckle to him, and the dark lords reluctantly go to join Janga and Guntz on their trek to Cortex Castle, not wanting to be further exposed to the nasty things Janga gets his jollies off of.

The actual level is nothing particularly notable, just being a generic Crash Bandicoot style beach level. When you stop periodically to take down a few enemies, Janga will be there to help you with his various boss attacks, you being immune to him. The enemies are very numerous to make up for Janga’s assistance though, so don’t think this’ll just be some walk in the park.

Battle 33: Frying the chicken
Play as: Spyro
Played Against: Iago and Zazu (Zazu only)

Cortex, the other doctors, and Dingodile are busily working away in a lab outside Cortex’s throne room to make use of the various crystals they’ve found to make use of them as a massive power source. Crash’s head can be seen mounted on the wall in the background and Cortex is wearing a fine new bandicoot fur coat. After a bit of their tinkering around, a fiery explosion can be heard from above them. Cortex hastily turns to Tiny and Ripper Roo in their little corners for misbehavior to see if they’re the causes, but they just shrug, not having done anything wrong. N. Trance goes to the security cameras to see Spyro up on the roof burning up the security robots for him to facepalm. N. Trance snaps his fingers for the “N-Tranced” Zazu to come to his side and salute in an instant. N. Trance points to the security camera for Zazu to nod and fly up to the roof through an open window to take care of Spyro. Zazu screeches at Spyro upon getting to him for him to just point and laugh at the small bird attempting to stop him, but Zazu, having no reluctance to fight due to having no memories of his past life, hastily goes up and stabs Spyro in the eyes with his beak. Spyro shakes about to get him off and lets out some of his fire breath at the bird for Zazu to hastily dodge, and the battle starts.

Level 43: Descending Cortex Castle
Play as: Spyro, Iago and Zazu (Zazu only)

Battle 34: Misguided Misunderstandings
Played Against: N. Trance

Level 44: Ascending Cortex Castle

Battle 35: Rejected Invitation
Play as: Cortex and Tiny
Played Against: Guntz, Zant, Shadow Beast, Death, Iago and Zazu (Zazu only), Spyro

Battle 36: Failure To Tolerate Failure
Play as: Cortex and Tiny
Played Against: N. Trance

Boss: Janga
Play as: Guntz, N. Trance, Zant, Death, Shadow Beast, Spyro, Iago and Zazu (Zazu only), N. Trance, Spyro

Level 45: Crashing Cortex Castle
Play as: Guntz, N. Trance, Zant, Death, Shadow Beast, Spyro, Iago and Zazu (Zazu only), N. Trance, Spyro

Battle 37: A higher authority. . .
Play as: Guntz, Zant, Shadow Beast, Death, Iago and Zazu (Zazu Only), Spyro
Played Against: N. Trance, Cortex and Tiny, Aeon

Level 46: Invading the Halberd
Play as: N. Trance, Cortex and Tiny, Aeon

Battle 38: Rock you like a hurricane
Play as: Meta Knight
Played Against: N. Trance, Cortex and Tiny, Aeon

Level 47: Escaping the Halberd
Play as: Meta Knight

Boss: Heavy Lobster
Play as: N. Trance, Cortex and Tiny, Aeon

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Wasn't the other Nightmare one of the winners of 2.0? That might have something to do with it. I think he had Night Terror as a Final Smash, too.

Still, it's a pretty badass moveset, and the Soul Charge mechanic is interesting at the least. It's pretty good. It should still be considered, and just... lose points for originality or something.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
The Nightmare moveset is one of my favourites in the entire thread so far. You really must of have put a lot of time in this. In short: Itz iz vewy gewd.

truendymion

Smash Cadet
We have about 10000 different Ridleys and K. Rools, I wouldn't say two movesets is much of a problem. I put a ton of time into this moveset, and unless that other moveset is exceptionally bad ***, extremely detailed and original, I don't see it being nearly as good as my latest masterpiece. Most people would turn Nightmare into another generic sword character.
Hmm I think your normal attacks are based too much on existing brawl characters, most notably Ike. You even say that his Fsmash is just like Ikes. Why not have him swing his sword differently? Maybe a move from Soul Cal 4?

Did you make up Horn Drill? I don't remember him doing that in the game...

Also his neutral B is broken! You can suck people in and chomp them as much as you want? How do you escape that?

BTW his specials are interesting and i like all of the detail you packed into your moveset!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Hmm I think your normal attacks are based too much on existing brawl characters, most notably Ike. You even say that his Fsmash is just like Ikes. Why not have him swing his sword differently? Maybe a move from Soul Cal 4?

Did you make up Horn Drill? I don't remember him doing that in the game...

Also his neutral B is broken! You can suck people in and chomp them as much as you want? How do you escape that?

BTW his specials are interesting and i like all of the detail you packed into your moveset!
Yes, I made up his horn drill as well as his soul devour, up special and the sword levitating itself to attack, among many other creative liberties. Dedede's hammer was never mechanized before Brawl, Wolf/Falco never used landmasters outsit Assault Multiplayer, among other things, so it's more encouraged then discouraged.

His neutral B works like Wario's once you've got somebody in your mouth. You chomp them a few times then they automatically come out, and they can button to get out of it even faster.

His fsmash is very different from Ike's. He holds it over his head like Ike's while charging, but he then does a upwards cleave also that does upwards knockback, the first cleave doing no knockback at all. Throw in the soul charge bonus, and it's about as unique as you can get compared to Ike's fsmash as far as swinging your sword in front of you.

I really get the feeling you skimmed through my massive Nightmare of text.

Edit: Looked up the other Nightmare moveset. It's okay, but no offense, it's pretty under detailed and lacks moves that don't use the azure knight's sword, especially when it comes to the specials. The only things that felt remotely similiar between our two movesets were the Night Terror final smash and that we both gave him his trademark laser from it, having it behave like ROB's. He surprisingly didn't make use of the wings though. We also both used Nightmare's most basic throw, but what are the odds of that NOT happening?

XX Boezy XX's Nightmare Moveset

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Nightmare: Amazing. Seriously, it's amazing. The stats seem a bit poweful, but I don't think he would be top or even high tier. The Soul Charge thingiemajig is my favorite part, and I like how you didn't make him seem clonish. Although I prefer Voldo (Then again, he and Yoshimitsu ARE my favorite characters), Nightmare really feels like an awesome moveset.

After I finish Moria, I plan on doing this guy...

I just really like making One Piece movesets, I guess.

I'm going to make him a fairly unusual character in that he utilizes his teleportation techniques to do simple things like jump, role, air dodge, etc.

Also, he'll be a heavy character with extremely weak, but fast attacks. A sort of "gentle giant, if you will." This also highlights the nature of his pressure pads.

By the way, this pic>Moria.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Since I've made 2 movesets for my original character and usernamesake Chris Lionheart, I've decided to also make one for the villain from his story.

Ashencroft

The picture used here is an armor from Guild Wars. I was looking for a black knight type suit but I didn't want to use the Fire Emblem Black Knight. This one comes pretty close to the intended effect but there are some differences:
Ashencroft has a black cape.
His armor would be an even darker shade of black.
He has a double edged darkened steel longsword with a demonic black hilt named The Demon Edge. Somehow this sword is completely undamaged when it catches aflame.

Universe:
The Lion's Heart (made up by me)

Game Insignia:
A golden male lion head (complete with mane) roaring over a white cross background.

Story:
Ashencroft may appear to be a knight but flesh isn't all thats encased in his ebon armor. Ashencroft is in fact possessed by a powerful demon of fire, whose name (and I'm just making this up) means "Demon From The Ashes." He has long posed as a knight under the title "Blade Demon."
Ashencroft was once the most trusted knight of Christopher Lionheart, king of Valios (a country located around the Southeastern United States 1000 years from today.) He conspired in secret with Valios's greatest enemies, a large group of brutish people who prize strength above all else. Ashencroft agreed to open the gates to the Valian capital and let the enemy army in, but in return he would be given the title of Commanding General.
That night was a dark night for the Valians. Ashencroft made his way to the throne room and assassinated the king and every member of the royal family. Each and every one of them was a great warrior, but he was far to powerful a foe for them to overcome. The only known surviving relatives of the royal family were Chris Lionheart, last of the royal line and the eldest son of the king, General Geoffery, the brother of the Queen, and Arden, Chris's younger cousin.
Ashencroft's betrayal was not yet finished however. Shortly after that attack, Ashencroft challenged the new King to a one on one duel. To meet his foul goals, Ashencroft needed to gain the throne. The brutes, known as the Barborous Legion had a custom of making the strongest man king regardless of his birth. Despite the King's obvious strength, he fell by Ashencroft's blade quickly.
Now that he has the army and the throne, Ashencroft's dream can be realized. He will enslave the entire region, one nation at a time, until everyone is under his reign of evil.
Only one man can hope to stop him and reclaim the throne. That man is Chris Lionheart, the young prince of the fallen Valians. It will not be easy, for the armies of darkness far outnumber the resisting armies.
Ashencroft, as a demon, is strengthened by the negative of emotions of people. He can sense hatred, anger, fear, lust, and just about any strong emotion. To defeat him, it is necessary to perform a great act of love (a prime example being self-sacrifice for another), while also landing an attack.

Weapon:
A huge longsword with crude double edges.

It looks sort of like this except with a demonic black hilt and a more simple tip.

To Unlock:
Beat him in the Subspace Emissary.
Or
Beat Classic on normal or higher using Chris Lionheart.
Or
Play 666 vs. matches. (Sorry couldn't resist)

Unlock Message:
Ashencroft, The Blade Demon, has joined the battle!

Wii-Mote Sound:
Ashencroft says "Fear me!"

Entry Pose:
Ashencroft walks from the shadows and draws The Demon Edge.

Outfits:
Ashencroft has 2 outfits:
#1 The default one pictured.
#2 His revealed true form. No helmet is present and Ashencroft has black hair, blood red eyes, small fangs (visible only when he opens his mouth or smirks large enough to show his teeth) and black feathered wings.
Both outfits are available in the following colors-
Black (default)
Red
Green
Blue
Yellow/Gold
Purple
*Alt. Outfit changes the Primary armor and cape color.

Play Style:
In Smash Bros., Ashencroft takes the form of a "strong... but slow" character (in his own universe he is actually surprisingly fast.) He uses his immense strength and the length of his weapon to fight.

Take advantage of Ashencroft's valuable defensively natured move, Parry . It can really help in aproaches, and when mastered it can allow you to find your opponents openings much easier.

Ashencroft falls fast, but not as fast as most of the other slow but strong characters. This puts some limitation on his airgame but doesn't hurt his recovery to badly.

When playing Ashencroft, it is recommended that you put emphasis on defense and wait for the proper opening to put the hurt on opponents. Side B works well for racking damage (and neutral A combo can be great next to a wall.) Once their damage is high enough, really let them have it. Down Smash can chain well into Forward Smash because the tripping inflicted by Down Smash does not grant the opponent invinceability frames.

Your worst matchups will be fast characters with good air games, such as the space animals, or characters with a good counter. Try to keep spacing against these foes and rarely (if ever) go on the agressive.

Ashencroft will take some getting used to for new players, but he is a lot easier to use than characters like Captain Falcon or melee's Fox. He would probably become a middle, maybe high tier character do to his good stats for a heavy character.

Stats:
Size- 5/5 He towers several inches above Ganondorf (and is rougly the same width as Ganondorf.)
Weight- 5/5 (Not quite that of Bowser but still big)
Falling Speed- 4/5 (Probably near that of Fox)
Power 5/5
Reach 4/5
Attack Speed 2/5
Movement Speed 2/5
Priority 4/5
Jumps 3/5
Recovery 3/5
Final Smash 5/5
Dodges- 4/5
Traction- 2/5
Crouch- 1/5
Wall Jump- No
Wall Cling- No
Crawl- No
Glide- No

Specials:
Neutral B- Parry
Ashencroft holds his sword in front of his body, blocking any attacks to come from that direction (similarly to Pit's Down B.) This neautralizes damage from those attacks, but doesn't have any added effects (such as a counter attack, reflection, etc.) This lasts for as long as you hold the B button. You can change directions to guard from the opposite side, your legs, or even above you. You will still be vulnerable to shield poking, explosives, and grabs. Moves such as PK Pulse/Freeze, grenades, and Din's Fire will still hurt you. This move has little start up and ending lag. The parry will automatically break if you guard 100 damage or if you hold it for 10 seconds.
(Unaffected by stickers)

Side B- Bane of the Righteous
Ashencroft uses a quick 3 hit combo. Its comparable to the Side B in Chris Lionheart's moveset, but the strikes are noticeably slower (about 3/4 the speed) and more powerful. The animations for these hits are:
First- Ashencroft slashes forward like a normal slash. 5%
Second- A follow-up uppercut slash. 5%
Third- A double-handed smash downwards with good knockback. 7%
*Differences from Dancing Blade-
3 hits not 4.
All hits are slower.
All hits occur with a single press of the Side B button and cannot be canceled by the player.
No aerial stall.
(Slashing; Weapon; Specials Direct)

Up B- Wings of Darkness
Ashencrofts wings burst from his armor (if you are not using outfit 2 they are hidden by his cape). This carries him diagonally upwards about 1.2-1.3x the distance of Squirtle's waterfall.
He then uppercut slashes when the recovery is over.
(Slashing; Weapon; Specials Direct)

Down B- Hellfire Edge
Ashencroft's sword ignites briefly. He swings it from right to left once, hitting both sides through the middle and then follows by swinging his sword upwards with both hands. This effectively hits in all 3 of the major directions around him. A trail of flame is left by each swing, causing a slight lingering effect. Opponents to the left and right will be hit somewhat quickly (about the time Link F-Smash's first hit takes), but opponents above him have more time to react. The total attack time is about the time it takes for Link's F-Smash to complete both hits. Opponents struck by the sword will take additional damage from the flames. Good knockback and range.
10% damage sword, 5% damage flames
(Fire, Weapon, Sword, Specials Direct)

Normal Attacks:
A- Billion Blades
This is a repeating combo. Ashencroft repeatedly stabs forward with both hands on the sword. Simple to DI out of. Next to a wall, this is a great damage racker because it is difficult (but certainly not impossible) to DI out of. This is slower than the typical repeated combo but does 2% per hit rather than 1%.
(Stabbing; Weapon)

Dash Attack- Trail of Fire
A dash that leaves a trail of fire in his path. At the end of this dash (or when an opponent gets in the way), Ashencroft stops and uppercut slashes. Good vertical knockback. Great range. Slow for a dash attack, but not to slow. 12%
(Slashing; Weapon; Fire)

Tilts:
Forward- Stab
A fast stab forwards. Good range. Decent speed. Low knockback. Decent damage. 8%
(Stabbing; Weapon)

Up- Slice the Night
Ashencroft slashes from the background to just above his right shoulder quickly, hitting above him. Decent knockback, speed, and damage. The range is good. 10%
(Slashing; Weapon)

Down- Hamstring
Ashencroft aims for the opponents legs, causing them to trip. No knockback. Ashencroft's slowest tilt, but just barely. The move has good range, decent speed, and decent damage. 7%
(Slashing; Weapon)

Smashes:
Forward- Eviscerate
Ashencroft spins his sword over his head once and then slashes down with both hands. This attack causes very high knockback and damage plus some "bleeding" degeneration. Very slow and predictable but huge range. This move also features super armor during the spinning part of it. 15-20% Hit 1-3% per second for 3 seconds degeneration (for a total of 18-29% damage).
(Slashing; Weapon)

Up- Volley
Ashencroft raises his sword upwards and a volley of arrows from his soldiers strike the opponent. The arrows have broad and heavy arrow heads, causing high knockback. Not really as fast of an attack as it sounds, as Ashencroft must give the order before the arrows are shot. These arrows cover a good range above his head (rougly the range of Marth up tilt.) 12-17%
(Projectiles; Weapon)

Down- Double Hamstring
Ashencroft slashes twice in front of him, aiming for the legs. This may not strike on both sides, but it does a lot of damage. It is his fastest smash (still slow) but it does no knockback (it makes them trip.) This is a good combo move because the tripping does not grant the opponent any invinceability frames and chains well into other moves such as D-Tilt or maybe even Forward Smash. 8-11% each hit
(Slashing; Weapon)

Situational Attacks:
Get Up Attack- Defying Death
You haven't killed him yet! Ashencroft gets up and slashes at the opponents leg. 5%
(Slashing)
Ledge Attack- Float
Ashencroft flies up and punches the foe. 5%
(Arm)

Aerials:
Nair- Demon Circle
Ashencroft spins 360 degrees with his sword, striking both the left and the right. One hit attack. Before the attack, he turns toward the screen. Strong but slow. Good range. Great knockback. 12%
(Weapon; Slashing)

Fair- Hilt Bash
Hits the opponent with the hilt of his sword, spiking them down. Decent range and but a little on the slow side. 12%
(Weapon; Blunt)

Bair- Gunpowder
Ashencroft turns around (180 degrees) and throws a flammable powder. It ignites, causing great pain. The knockback is low. The range is decent. The speed is a bit slow but not really bad. There is a lingering effect on the attack. 15%
(Weapon; Fire)

Uair- Hell Slicer
Ashencroft slashes upwards, getting a slight raise in elevation. Getting hit by the attack causes good vertical knockback. Good range, fairly slow, good damage. This can help a bit in recovery if you use Up B to cancel its ending lag. 12%
(Slashing; Weapon)

Dair- Fallen Sword
Ashencroft reaches out, swinging his hand 270 degrees around him and grabbing the first opponent to come into contact with his hand. He then dives down all the way to the ground (or his/their death(s)). When (and if) he hits the ground, Ashencroft will slam the opponent to the ground and promptly execute them (stab them). This causes high damage and knockback. This move can result in a Demonside (Ashenside just sounds stupid). 16%
(Stabbing; Weapon)

Final Smash:
The Demon Revealed-
Ashencroft's helmet shatters, revealing his true face. His eyes are blood red. Black Feathered Wings burst from his armor, striking fear into the hearts of even the bravest men.
Fangs similar to that of Vampires are also visible (though barely).
In this form, an aura of fire surrounds Ashencroft, dealing 5% per second to anyone who comes near him. His sword is ignited, striking for 20% additional damage and 20% additional knockback on all attacks. A trail of flame follows all sword attacks, causing a lingering effect.
You also gain the ability to glide during this Final Smash.
You are invinceable during this Final Smash.
This lasts 15-20 seconds.

Grabs/Throws:
Grab- Seize
Grabs the opponent by the neck.

Grab Attack- Hilt Hit
Bashes the opponent on the head with the base of his sword. 3%

Forward Throw- 360 Throw
Turns 360 degrees and throws the foe forwards. 6%

Back Throw- 180 Throw
Turns around 180 degrees and throws the foe. 6%

Up Throw- Backbreaker
Lifts the foe up and breaks their back (or such is implied when a slight cracking sound is heard). He then lays them on the ground. No knockback. 10%

Down- "Hmph pitiful."
Ashencroft throws his opponent to the ground then kicks them aside, saying "Hmph... pitiful." Some knockback. 8%

L-Button:
Shield (Normal form)- Cape of Darkness
Ashencroft conceals himself inside of his cape. The cape starts to shred as the shield grows weaker.
Shield (Demon Form)- Hellfire Aura
A shield of fire surrounds Ashencroft.
Sidestep- Arrogance
Ashencroft sidesteps and starts laughing at the opponent's miss.
Forward Roll- Demonic Speed
A jump through the background that goes around any opponents in its way.
Back Roll- Dodge
A backwards jump.
Aerial Dodge- Wings
Ashencroft "flies" to the side, hiding his wings with his cape.

Miscellanious Animations:
Idle Pose- Sheathes his sword and occassionally pops his knuckles or his neck.
Dazed Pose- His helmet is cracked but he hides it with his hand.
Running Animation- Runs forward, raising his sword above his head with both hands.
Walking Animation- Walks slowly. The way he walks leaves an impression of power.
Sleeping- Ashencroft stands in a still position. He can sleep while standing. He does sheathe his sword while doing this.

Taunts:
Up- Says "Hmph... Pitiful."
Left/Right- Points his sword forward and says "Fear the Blade Demon."
Down- Taps his sword on the ground.

Lose Pose:
Ashencroft claps and says "I was just getting warmed up." after the opponent finishes speaking.

Victory Pose:
Victory Song- Against Ashencroft
Ashencroft says "How pathetic...." (Up)
Or
Ashencroft says "You have yet to witness my true power." (Side)
Or
Ashencroft removes his helmet and the entire background starts erupting with fire as he laughs maniacally. (Down)

Pros:
Very powerful smashes.
Tilts are fairly fast.
Good range on a number of attacks.
Powerful Final Smash.
Decent recovery.
Heavyweight.
Lingering effect on some attacks.
Eviscerate does a lot of damage.
Can Demonside with Dair.
Parry can be a valuable defensive tool.
Bane of the Righteous comboes in itself.
Has a repeating combo.
Suprisingly good dogdges for a slow character.
Hellfire Edge is a great move and has a lingering effect.

Cons:
Large target.
Fast faller, so easily comboed.
Smashes are slow.
Some aerials are rather slow.
Dair can result in an SD.
Most (if not all) comboes are slow.
Very ineffective crouch.
Slow movement speed.

Miscellanious Crap:

Stage:
Castle Lionheart-
This palace, named after the royal family, serves as the capital of Valios. Ashencroft now holds the throne and uses it to command his armies (its location is quite convenient for ruling the region.) This castle is a nearly perfect fort, difficult to attack and simple to defend.
The stage itself is rather simple. Its layout looks kind of like this:
-----------------------------------------
-_________________________-

The solid black line at the bottom is the bottom (central) area. The single dashes represent staircases (actually several platforms). The top represents a defensive upper position where the archers would fire arrows from.
Special Features of the stage are:
Archers appear on the top floor firing arrows off the stage (for animation only).
Vallian warriors break through the bottom level gate at regular intervals. They start fighting Ashencrofts armies (and usually kill several but are then overwhelmed.) This is again for visual purposes only.
Chris Lionheart appears in the background of the lower level, surrounded by enemy soldiers. He fights on desperately and takes them out one by one rather quickly. Enemy reinforcements just keep coming and this fight lasts the entire course of the stage. Again only for visual purposes.

The stage doesn't have any walls, walk off edges, etc. that would make a stage banned. The visuals in the background are only to give this stage a realistic and exciting feel while keeping it tourney legal.

Music (All the songs listed here are shared with the Chris Lionheart entry.):
Requiem For A Dream- A famous symphony used in the Lord of the Rings trailer (and the Lord of the Rings The Return of the King video game). This symphony gradually (and sometimes suddenly) switches between quiet, sorrowful, and intense. If you would like to hear the symphony go to this video on youtube-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFK6ALndjmI
* Note that this video is not mine. I merely found it one day and liked it.

Against Ashencroft- This song is intense and leaves an impression of hopelessness.

In Their Memory- This is a sad song with dreary melodies played in honor of all the brave Valians who have passed on.

Signs Of Hope- A song that is comparatively upbeat when compared to the rest. Its tune can be called noble and exciting, like the epic music of the Lord of the Rings.

Valian Theme- A song played in Valious to remember the days of old. This song's mood is one of joy and triumph.

New Songs-
Coming Of Age- A valiant song dedicated to Chris's change from a teenager to a young man.
Geoffery- A memorial song dedicated to Chris's uncle Geoffery. Rather than being sad, it tries to focus on the great life he lived.
Gareth's Anger- This song is furious and compares to some of the more metalish F-Zero Songs (without the cheesy demon voice).
Indestructible
*Indestructible is property of Disturbed and is one of their newer songs. I found this song and thought it would be quite fitting for both Chris Lionheart and Ashencroft. I did not post this video on youtube and I claim no credit for anything.

Items:
Valian Trumpet-
Calls for backup (spawns a random one of the allies from Chris's final smash.)
Valian Flag-
Provides a slight recovery boost by catching gusts of wind while being armed with a spear head. It travels a great distance when thrown.
Dagger-
This short range weapon does very quick damage. Does very high damage when thrown.
Torch-
Burns opponents upon contact. Sets them on fire (doing 7% extra damage) when thrown.
Cruel Spear-
A barbarian spear designed to cause great suffering. Each stab of this causes extra damage through "bleeding" degeneration at a rate of 1% per second for 3 seconds.

Kirby Hat:
Kirby gains a large version of Ashencrofts helmet, as well as a small sword, sheathed on his back. Kirby also gains the black cape.
When Kirby uses Parry he grunts in his high pitched voice whenever an attack is blocked.

Codec Conversation:
Snake: Hey Octacon, is this The Black Knight?
Octacon: I don't know there are many Black Knights throughout world lore.
S: Can you give me some examples?
O: Well, theres Monty Python's Black Knight and Fire Emblem's Black Knight...
S: Is this guy one of them...
O: Oh I almost forgot about Eddy Murphy!
S: ......

Crowd Cheer:
The crowd yells out "Destroy them!!!"

Assist Trophy:
Gareth Lionheart- The younger brother of Chris Lionheart whom Ashencroft kidnapped near birth and raised like a son. Gareth appears on the stage, wearing black armor and using double swords. Gareth uses moves much like Ashencroft to fight, except that he is more reckless (faster) and less powerful. This assist trophy lasts 10 seconds.

Trophies:
Chris Lionheart (classic, adventure, and all star)

Ashencroft (classic, adventure, and all star)

Ryann Trueshot- A kind hearted young woman (now 20.) Ryann is a talented archer and a friend of Chris. Chris cares for her deeply and would do anything to protect her. She now possesses a horse, which she usually doesn't use in battle. Her weapon of choice is a bladed bow.

Arden- Chris's cousin and a skilled Spear wielder. He is a womaniser.

General Geoffery- Chris's uncle and mentor. He is a skilled sword wielder who taught Chris to wield a 2 handed blade. He died some time ago in a one on one fight with Ashencroft.

Curt- One of Chris's less kind friends, Curt is Chris's competitive rival. Curt's brilliance is on par with Chris's and the two often match wits. Curt is highly negative and tends to make others feel lower than himself. He is also one of the few atheists in the rebel forces. In battle, Curt wields a longsword and is one of the few Vallians to wear full armor. Curt is a mounted knight.

Catlin- Catlin is a friend of Chris. He is indeed a male, despite his name. Catlin's unique personality and hilariously horrible looking mullet have made him suprisingly popular in an odd way. Catlin wields an axe and relies on speed rather than power to win.

Travis- A friend of Chris. His halberd is a rather intimidating sight on the battlefield... atleast if you are on the opposing end of it.

Garrett- One of Chris's friends. He is snide and arrogant, but suprisingly well liked. True to his first name, which means strong with a spear, Garrett does indeed wield a spear.

John- A powerful mace wielder and one of Chris's friends. He is friendly and intelligent.

Gawain- A friend of Chris who, like Chris, is fairly shy. He is an accomplished sword wielder.

Gareth Lionheart- On the night, Ashencroft murdered the Lionhearts, he saw a baby, easy to manipulate and use to better his army. That baby was the younger brother of Chris Lionheart. Ashencroft raised Gareth like a son and warped his mind. Just as he expected, battlefield skills were hereditary and were inherited by nearly every member of the Lionheart family. Gareth was convinced that he was the last of his family and that the Vallians were traitors to the throne who want to finish the job.
Gareth meets Chris on the battlefield one day and they have a duel, as generals sometimes do. Chris recognized his brother instantly and held back enough to spare his life. Gareth was dumbfounded at this, and no amount of brainwashing could hide the truth when it is so painfully obvious.
In his blind desire for revenge, Gareth loses his life in a "father vs. son" fight with Ashencroft. This furthers Chris's rage.

Stickers:
Chris Lionheart- Melee damage +40
Ashencroft- Fire +40
Ryann Trueshot- Projectiles +20
Gareth- Weapon +20

Event Matches:
#49- Moment of Truth
Its time to face your greatest foe.
Objective-
#1 (If Chris Lionheart)- Defeat Ashencroft in a fight to the death (stamina).
#2 (If Ashencroft)- Defeat Chris in a fight to the death (stamina).
Useable characters-
Chris Lionheart
Ashencroft

Boss:
Surprise! Ashencroft serves as the boss. You play as Chris Lionheart during the SSE (unless there is also an evil mode, in which case Chris can be a boss.)
Ashencroft (Fight 1)-
He works as an AI controlled enemy (difficulty based on the difficulty level chosen).
It scales like this:
Very Easy- Level 3
Easy- Level 5
Medium- Level 6
Hard- Level 7
Very Hard- Level 8
Intense- Level 9
At the end of this fight a cutscent plays and Chris uses helm splitter to shatter Ashencrofts helmet, revealing his true identity.

*Damage from this fight doesn't carry over to the next fight.

Ashencroft (Fight 2)-
Its finally time for Chris's greatest fight. He is a powerful demon. Under the disguise of a knight he murdered Chris's family. He wears demonic ebon (black) armor from head to toe and wields a massive jagged sword. You must now fight him a second time in his stronger form, Ashencroft The Demon, a fierce, red-eyed demon with vampiric fangs and black wings. During this boss fight, you lose the ability to use your Final Smash.
Ashencrofts moveset would be:
Flaming Sword- Ashencroft's sword is ignited for the entire fight, causing a lingering effect after all slashes.

Demon Slashes- Basic sword attacks used randomly during the fight. The knockback is small. 5>20%

Apocalypse Slash- Ashencroft lifts his sword high above his head and slams it into the ground, creating a huge eruption of fire (like a fully charged Roy Neutral B in Melee except bigger.) Very high knockback, can OHKO in Intense. Slow attack.
20>50%

Demonic Assault- A basic horizontal slash made while flying to the opponent (like Quickdraw). Decent knockback. 10>30%

Hellfire Aura- An aura of flame temporarily surrounds him, hurting foes in melee range (lasts 5 seconds). 1%>5% per second

Inferno Edge- Sends a wave of fire out of his sword that travels straight across the stage. Good knockback. 10>20%

Rising Volcano- Points forwards with his sword. A burst of molten fire erupts under his opponent's location. Very high knockback. 20>50%

Parry- (Intense Only)- Same effects as the Parry in this moveset. Doesn't overuse.

Hp- 600>3000
Size- Rougly that of Ganondorf. Wingspan is between 10-20 feet.
Mobile- Yes
Difficulty- 5/5 (A real pain in the ***.)

*The first damage percentage/health number is the Very Easy. The last is the Intense.

Subspace Emissary Role:
*This contains spoilers to the plot of my SSE so I wouldn't recommend reading it unless you want spoilers.

Ashencroft appears as one of the main villains in the Subspace Emissary. When Tabuu shows up in Ashencroft's castle, the two form a pact, agreeing to assist each other in the destruction of their enemies. Ashencroft then sends out a small portion of his forces to meet Chris's force of rebels, who have been located at Fort Walker. During the battle, he fights Chris Lionheart and then kidnaps Ryann Trueshot in order to lure in Chris to an obvious trap.
Tabuu then sends The Blade Demon out to recruit many powerful villains, a task which he succeeds at very quickly. Ashencroft serves as one of the main enemies and one of the game's final bosses.
Chris and Ashencroft fight at the castle level of the original SSE. After the first part of the fight, Ashencroft removes his helmet, revealing his true form. The two clash swords again, (the actual boss fight) and after the battle has been "won" by Chris the cutscene plays showing the true outcome of the battle. Chris is knocked to the ground, his sword far out of reach. As his opponent goes for the killing blow, an arrow strikes him in the shoulder, bouncing off but angering him. The arrow was shot by Ryann. This causes the demon to target her instead. As the demon lands the killing stab, Chris jumps in the blades path and is stabbed in the stomach area. The blade fortunately misses the vital organs, but (if this game were not made by Nintendo) Chris would be losing a dangerous amount of blood. Still conscious, the Lionheart thrusts the concealed dagger in his right gauntlet into the demons chest. Finally, the Blade Demon's reign of terror was at an end.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Glad you all liked the moveset. When I was trying to come up with a unique play style for the guy, the soulu charge hit me early on, and I themed the moveset a good deal around it. I knew Nighty would of course be powerful and have long range, but in the actual soul calibur games he isn't that slow. So I gave Nightmare some fast attacks, but to compensate I gave him a really surprising weakness that no other character has to deal with. . .fall speed.

Now that the moveset's complete, I can take some time off with trying to create really good movesets and do some more rating.

Although I'd be a heck of a lot more motivated if blitzkrieg acknoweledged me as a judge. . .It'd be one thing if my good movesets were undetailed, then I'd be a hypocrite, but the two movesets I'm truly proud of, Voldo and Nightmare, would be OVER detailed if there was anything more, as I've said virtually everything there is to be said about the moves.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
To make a reference to the Dark Knight...

"I believe in Harvey Dent Masterwarlord!"

In my opinion, your reviews are THE BEST.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
To make a reference to the Dark Knight...

"I believe in Harvey Dent Masterwarlord!"

In my opinion, your reviews are THE BEST.
Why so serious?

Yes, Dark Knight was awesome. Made me go rent the prequel to it as well upon seeing it, although that lacked action. Naturally the dark knight is abundant in action, but lacks story. Hopefully the 3rd movie corrects itself? Just so long as it doesn't use a cheesy version of Penguin like the one that was in the recent Catwoman flick, I'll be good.

If you don't know why Penguin was lame in that movie, he used a giant rubber ducky.

Anyway, thanks for the comments. Any other characters from Soul Calibur you'd like to see?

Jiggy37

Smash Apprentice
Note: Not done yet!

What's finished: Her stats, all attacks, taunts, victory poses, an event match, and this picture proving I was paying attention to other characters' damage when I made this moveset.

Still to come: Her descriptive profile, her final smash, a stage, match strategy, and other things not related to her moves.

Most recent update: Moveset posted. :p

Other Characters:

Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia)

Other Characters Coming Soon:

Marin (Legend of Zelda) - probably between mid-September and mid-October

Princess/Athlete Daisy
(a transforming character!)
(Mario series)

Basic Stats

Strength: Medium; see Wolf
Weight: Medium-light; a bit heavier than Peach
Number of jumps: Two
Jump height: Medium; see Mario
Horizontal air speed: Medium; see Marth
Falling speed: Medium-fast; see Diddy Kong
Running speed: Medium-fast; see Pikachu

In athlete form, these change:

Weight: Light; a bit heavier than Zelda
Jump height: Medium; a bit higher than Mario
Horizontal air speed: Fast; see Squirtle
Falling speed Fast; see Sheik
Running speed: Fast; a bit slower than Zero Suit Samus

Any unique properties:

Alternate outfits: Princess Daisy can dress as Peach or Rosalina. Athlete Daisy can wear her Strikers armor.

What You Probably Came For: The Attacks

Normally I wouldn't start with specials, but for a transforming character they're pretty important.

Specials

Down special: Mood Change
Daisy spins around and becomes a blur, then reappears in her sports clothing with a revamped moveset. Her weight drops, but her horizontal speed increases. If she started in her sports clothing, she would reappear in her princess dress and the effects would be reversed.

Neutral special (princess, usually): Regal Sport
A grab bag of three possible attacks, though the differences aren't as dramatic as Mr. Game & Watch's hammer.

1) Taking a cue from Mario & Sonic, Daisy withdraws a bow and takes aim with a decent 6% projectile. She's not a specialist like Pit, so her arrows aren't controllable and they only travel about the distance of Battlefield.

2) With an endless supply of golf balls, Daisy uses a putter to launch some of the world's fastest projectiles. They're tiny, but don't underestimate them! These deal 7% damage with a 10% chance to cause tripping, and uneven ground will influence their movement speed. On a flat surface like Final Destination, they can move across the entire stage.

3) Daisy can also use a driver to launch the golf balls diagonally upward. Same properties as before except without the tripping possibility.

Neutral special (princess, occasionally): Shell Sport
8.33% of the time (a 1/12 chance), Daisy's arrow tip or golf ball will be replaced with a red shell. The hitbox is larger, damage increases by 3%, there's a homing effect against airborne opponents, and opponents on the ground are guaranteed to trip if hit by one of these projectiles.

Forward special (princess): Mirror Dance
Daisy spins into a blur with her arms extended and can reflect projectiles. This attack can also do up to ten hits of 2% each if you manage to connect with all of them, but it lasts a fixed amount of time like the Ice Climbers' forward special, so it can be punished.

Up special (princess): Power Boost
Making like it's Mario Kart, Daisy eats a mushroom and zips forward in a one-way speed rush that can be aimed slightly with different angles. If she hits the enemy, she freeze-frames and punches for 13%. This up special has great potential to KO, but just like Fox's it's pretty easy to see coming in a singles match.

Neutral special (athlete): Kickoff
As a little bit of startup lag, Daisy reaches behind her back and withdraws a Soccer Ball before setting it on the ground. (If she's interrupted mid-animation, it will disappear.) Only one Soccer Ball per Daisy can be on-screen at a time, and these are slightly different from the item versions: they move at the same speed, but only have about 75% as much knockback power and disappear after hitting any one character target. (Hitting destructible terrain, Waddle Dees, etc. won't destroy them.) They also can't be used for edgeguarding, as their horizontal momentum will entirely stop at the edge of a stage. Because, you know, a ball isn't allowed to go out of bounds.

Forward special (athlete): Fire Volley
Daisy very quickly swings a tennis racket that acts like Mario's cape and reflects all types of projectiles, but with much less lag afterward. If the tennis racket hits an enemy, it will do 5% damage with slight knockback. Why is it called Fire Volley? If Daisy hits a projectile with the middle of her racket, it'll light on fire and the projectile will be returned three times faster than it came toward her (knockback stays the same) and also return it the full distance no matter what. (i.e. If Wolf's laser just barely reached Daisy and she sweet-spotted it, the blast would still travel all the way back to him.)

If pressed as a smash, her swing is much slower to come out--think along the lines of Meta Knight's forward smash--and also has a bit of lag afterward. In exchange for being by far the slowest reflector in the game, it's always a fire volley, the enemy projectile's knockback increases to 1.3 times what it was, and if used as a direct melee attack it'll do 14% with significant knockback.

Up special (athlete): Slam Dunk
With both feet, Daisy presses off the ground or air for a very high diagonal jump like King Dedede's, holding a basketball over her head. If she touches an opponent during any part of her jump, the game will freeze-frame and she'll slam the basketball into the opponent's face for 14% and a meteor smash effect before continuing the rest of her jump. Unlike Yoshi or King Dedede, no damaging stars are generated at her sides when she touches the ground, but she's free to move almost immediately after landing.

As with Diddy Kong's forward special or Zero Suit Samus' down special, Daisy can't cancel the momentum of her jump, but pressing A allows her to throw the basketball in the direction of her opponent for 9%. (Of course, doing this will leave her vulnerable during the rest of her jump and you miss out on the meteor smash basketball slam potential.)

Basic Attacks

Neutral (combo): Tomboy Princess Flurry
Slap, slap, punch. In a little bit of a tribute, Daisy starts with Peach's slaps and follows them up with a left hook. 1%, 1%, and 6% respectively. Players can't DI out of the third hit if she uses it, but Daisy can't cancel into other attacks either. Knockback won't KO except at very high percentages, so this is mostly a move to get out of degenerating damage for other attacks.

Dash attack (princess): Striker Princess
Not looking much like royalty, Daisy simply tackles the opponent with her shoulder. 10%, decent vertical knockback.

Dash attack (athlete): Covering Bases
Daisy runs forward into a baseball-style slide. This attack does between 12% and 8%--its damage and vertical knockback decrease the longer her slide has been going, so she should try to hit with early frames.

Tilt Attacks

Forward tilt (princess): Mystery Petal
Daisy spins into a swing of her right arm that unleashes a flower-shaped magical burst. Whether it's a punch, a slap, or something else, nobody will ever quite know, because her hand is hidden behind the magic. 11% damage and good knockback for a forward tilt.

Forward tilt (athlete): Flower Kick
Daisy delivers a spinning kick that also unleashes a flower-shaped magical burst. 11% and good knockback for a forward tilt again, but this one has interesting properties... Most forward tilts can be aimed and their hitboxes can be changed slightly by holding up or down. Flower Kick takes it a step further: Daisy's hitboxes are very different--she can kick very high or very low--and they influence her knockback. A low kick has straight horizontal knockback, a normal kick adds a 25-degree upward angle, and a high kick adds a 50-degree upward angle. Usually the low kick is best for directly hitting someone, but a Daisy with a Soccer Ball out should master aiming the other two correctly.

(Note: In her princess form, Daisy's spin leads into her attack. In her athlete form, her atttack leads into her spin. This means that Mystery Petal is easier to interrupt, but Flower Kick is easier to punish after shielding. Only a few frames of difference, but there nonetheless.)

Up tilt: Header
You know Melee Peach's up tilt headbutt? Now it belongs to Daisy, who pretends she's hitting a soccer ball as she slams her head into her opponent. 11%, solid vertical knockback.

Down tilt (princess): Royal Stab
In one movement, Daisy removes her crown and jabs its points into the opponent's foot for 11% and good vertical knockback.

Down tilt (athlete): Shin Kick
Daisy simply kicks at her opponent's shins. Only 7% and no real knockback, but her leg reaches far and she's pretty quick.

Aerials

Neutral air (princess): Shell Shield
In another Mario Kart cue, Daisy spreads a shield of three green Koopa shells around her. The shells can hit up to three times on either side of her, for 4% per hit.

Neutral air (athlete): Triple Rotation
Daisy curls herself into a ball and spins forward three times. 13% damage and great knockback if it hits right at startup, but 8% and low knockback otherwise; it's kind of lilke Pikachu's neutral air.

Forward air: Forehand Swing
With the largest hitbox in any of her attacks, Daisy uses a tennis racket to swing forward for 13%.

Back air (princess): Sarasa Land Style
Daisy spins with a backhand slap for 11%. Not much to it, just a basic quick attack with good horizontal knockback, but it has the usual tomboy flavor.

Back air (athlete): 1080 Swings
Daisy spins with a backward kick, then another backward kick, then a swing with a baseball bat. 7%, 7%, and 14%, but they have good enough knockback that if any one hit makes contact then the others absolutely won't. (As opposed to something like Snake's neutral air where one hit sucks enemies into the others.)

Up air: Point Made
Daisy removes her crown, rears back, and stabs upward with it. High startup lag, but 16% damage and loads of vertical knockback if she connects.

Down air: Dual Stomp
Like Lucario without the momentum slowdown or the odd hitbox, Daisy kicks downward with one leg and then the other; if the first kick hits, it tends to suck the opponent into the second one. The kicks do 5% and 9% respectively, with a meteor smash effect.

Smashes

Forward smash: Shell Smash
Daisy withdraws a green shell and red shell from behind her back, one in each hand, and slams them together in front of her to bash the enemy's head in. 18% and great knockback, but it has its startup lag.

Up smash: Service!
With an unorthodox up smash that has horizontal knockback, Daisy holds a tennis racket high in the air and swings as if serving a ball. This attack will hit enemies in front of her, but her back is unprotected.

Down smash (princess): Flower Dance
Something of a halfway point between the strong single hits used by characters like Meta Knight and Zelda or the multiple weak hits used by characters like R.O.B. and Pikachu, Daisy spins with her arms extended for a two-hit attack. 7% each hit, good vertical knockback.

Down smash (athlete): Super Double Flower Kick
Daisy starts with a roundhouse kick like her forward tilt, except stronger at 16% damage, but instead of just spinning right afterward, she adds another kick behind her. Easy to punish, but powerful it if makes contact.

Throws and Final Smash

Forward throw (princess): Hammer Throw
Daisy swings her enemy by the legs and throws. It might sound like and act like a ripoff of Wario, but as the name implies, it's actually a reference to the hammer throw in Mario & Sonic. 10% damage here.

Forward throw (athlete): Fast Ball
Daisy leans back and holds her enemy in the closest way that anyone can get to a baseball pitcher's pose when using both hands, then throws for 8%. Fixed knockback; it'll send them pretty far, but will almost never KO. It may help set up projectiles.

Back throw: Roughhouse
Daisy seizes her enemy by the collar, turns, and throws backward for 9% damage.

Up throw (princess): Spinning Sling
With a brief spin for momentum, Daisy simply uses both arms to sling the opponent upward. 8%.

Up throw (athlete): Gymnastic Kick
After throwing her opponent upward a little bit (just a setup animation, no damage), Daisy does a handstand and kicks with both feet as the opponent is coming down. 10%.

Down throw (princess): Kingdom Standard
Daisy tosses her opponent on the ground, steps on her opponent for 2%, and uses the opponent's body as a springboard to jump and land on the sucker again for 10% more. Not much knockback, but her best pure damage throw. It's named "Kingdom Standard" because, of course, in the Mario universe jumping on stuff is the standard way to kill everything.

Down throw (athlete): Flipping Kingdom Standard
In this version, Daisy gets a higher jump, does a flip in the air, and strikes a gymnast's pose when she lands.

Final smash (princess): Kart Rage
Daisy hops in a kart and can drive around the stage running people over for 15% and throwing a supply of five blue shells over the next twenty seconds. The blue shells are unavoidable, but they target differently depending on the match type; in a 1-on-1, they deal 30% each and have fairly strong knockback; it would be almost impossible to get two KOs out of this, unlike certain other final smashes (hi Landmaster), but one KO should be very easy. In multiplayer matches, the blue shells target whichever player (other than Daisy) is currently in the lead and do only 20%, but have stronger knockback. In either match type, they also explode with a wide radius on contact.

Final smash (athlete): Megastrike
Daisy leaps off-screen, glowing with a blue aura, and sends a series of ten soccer balls raining down on the stage with the impact of meteors. 30% damage each and very high knockback. Not much to say, really--it's just a basic, reliable, strong final smash.

Miscellaneous Battle Stuff

Taunts:

Up taunt: "Hi, I'm Daisy!" Guaranteed to drive most people insane if spammed.

Side taunt: Daisy withdraws a tennis racket and gets some practice shots in on the air. If she's in her athlete form, she uses a baseball bat instead.

Down taunt (princess): Daisy removes her crown and polishes it.

Down taunt (athlete): Daisy dribbles a basketball.

Victory Poses:

1) "I'm the best!" Daisy raises her arm in victory.

2) "That's what you get." Daisy waves her hand dismissively, as if it was easy to win.

3) "Was that all?" Daisy smiles and shakes her head at the screen.

Match Strategy

Strengths:

Coming Soon

Weaknesses:

Coming Soon

Event Match

Visit to Another Kingdom (singles)

Hostile ambassadors await Daisy in the land of Hyrule!

Ganondorf has possessed Zelda. Fight both of them simultaneously with Princess Daisy, but KOing Zelda earns an automatic loss. If Ganondorf gets a smash ball or mushroom, you also lose. You can transform if you want, but you'll probably be punished for it...

Soccer Showdown (co-op)

Score more points than the other team!

Athlete Daisy and Luigi team up against Mario and Peach in a five-stock match with Soccer Balls on high. You win if your team scores more KOs with Soccer Balls than the enemy team. (Daisy's own Soccer Balls do count.) Also, at least one KO on your side has to come from a Soccer Ball hit--playing a straight match with only normal KOs leads to a loss.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
@jiggy37: I have one thing to say.......
PLEASE DUNT DO ANY MORE CHARS THAT I'VE DUN ALREADY... U MAKEZ MEH LUK BAD!!!!!!!111eleven!!!!!!

... :laugh:

but seriously, good work on daisy. although it still amazes me how you can type up an entire paragraph on a TILT ~ :dizzy:

& yes, batman is coming along veeeery slowly... I was a bit pissed to find out how hard it is to find music from the 90's animated series... yeah XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom