• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWB

Smash Ace
I think I'll enter a moveset here...

It will be WADDLE DUDE!

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
you know SOMEONE was going to do sooner or later... and I happen to be the person with spare time at the moment (for now.... stupid school starting on monday >.<) anyway I'm only on page 107 on the moment. (it's actually quite easy {for me that is :laugh:} for me, just scroll down the page, and if i see a completed moveset, I write it down).

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
wow...you guys keep spitting them out so fast, there are no ideas left for people. I mean, I saw a ****ing rock! WHO MAKES A ROCK MOVESET?? (granted it was pretty good considering...it is a rock) but really!
Psch. There are plenty of ideas. I did the rock moveset because it's so basic that to make it interesting was a good challenge. Anyone can make one for a dragon. But try making one for a stick.

Don't you worry about ideas, that's where the truly creative people will come out. For instance, I had an idea for an Internet Commenter moveset, who attacks with a keyboard and by yelling "F1rst!"

There's still millions of potential movesets to be done. Not to mention duplicates.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Good job frog man, glad somebody got around to it. And I've been meaning to say this for a while now. . .

That new avatar is BRILLIANT. And not just humurous in physical appearance either. Imagine Meta Knight with Wario's DI. . .So godly. *Drools*
why thank you, I just picked it, because, you know, its weird :) Meta knight with warios DI, So More Broken, ay yes, this reminds me...

Psch. There are plenty of ideas. I did the rock moveset because it's so basic that to make it interesting was a good challenge. Anyone can make one for a dragon. But try making one for a stick.

Don't you worry about ideas, that's where the truly creative people will come out. For instance, I had an idea for an Internet Commenter moveset, who attacks with a keyboard and by yelling "F1rst!"

There's still millions of potential movesets to be done. Not to mention duplicates.
you can have fused characters aswell. the limit is actually Infinity, there can be no end to making movesets, EVER!

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
It's about having fun. I don't know about you guys, but I make these movesets for a few reasons, the first and foremost being that it's fun.
Exactly SirKibble, exactly!

The only reasons I come to this thread anymore is to have fun and hang out with some friends from 2.0....I didnt really make any in this one. Just because its a competition doesnt mean you shoudl be all intense about it. Save the intensity to win for real brawl!

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
I decided to do amy rose instead of bark the polarbear... cuz he was getting to be really hard...

Stats (out of 5)
Height- 2.5 (sonics height)
Weight- 2
Speed- 4
Power- 2

OTHER
Glide- No
Wall Jump- Yes
Wall Cling- No
Crawl- No

STANDARD ATTACKS

A- Rose Punch- A weak straight punch forward

Damage-Low
Knockback- Low
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- Low

AA- Rose Kick- A weak punch straight forward, then a kick

Damage- Low, Low
Knockback- Low, Low
Startup Lag- Low, Low
Ending Lag- Low, Low
Range- Low, Low

AAA- Hammer Combo- A weak straight punch forward, then a kick, then a horizontal hammer swipe

Damage- Low, Low, Low
Knockback- Low, Low, Mid-Low
Startup Lag- Low, Low, Low
Ending Lag-Low, Low, Low
Range- Low, Low, Mid-Low

F- tilt- Power Piko-Piko-
Amy swings her hammer forward vertically

Damage- Damage- Mid-Low
Knockback- Mid-Low
Startup Lag- Mid-Low
Ending- Low
Range- Mid-Low

U-tilt- Uppercut Hammer- Amy does an uppercut with her hammer

Damage- Mid-low
Knockbackk- Mid-Low
Startup Lag- Mid- Low
Ending Lag- Mid-Low
Range- Mid-Low

D-tilt- Crouching Kick-
Amy kicks while crouching

Damage- Low
Knockback- Low
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- Low

Dash Attack- Hammer Sweep- Amy sweeps her hammer from front to back

Damage- Mid-Low
Knockback- Mid-Low
Startup Lag- Mid-Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- Mid-Low

SMASHES

F-smash- Double Swipe- Amy hits her hammer horizontal to the left then horizontal to the right.

Damage- Low to Mid-High
Knockback- Mid-Low to High
Startup Lag- Mid-Low
Ending Lag- Mid- Low
Range- Mid-Low

U-smash- Hammer Throw-
Amy throws her hammer up and catches it.

Damage- Low to Mid-High
Knockback- Mid-Low to High
Startup Lag- Mid-Low
Ending LAg- Low
Range- Medium

F-smash- Low Spin-
Amy spins while crouching with hammer extended

Damage- Low to Mid- High
Knockback- Low to Mid-High
Startup Lag- Mid-Low
Ending- Mid-Low
Range- Mid-Low

AERIALS

N-air- Air Hammer- Amy swings her hammer horizontally
Damage- Low
Knockback- Mid-Low
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- Mid-Low

B-air- Hammer-Handle Stab- Amy grabs her hammer by the large end and stabs the
hammer's handle behind her

Damage- Mid-Low
Knockback- Low
Startup Lag- Low
Ending LAg- Low
Range- Mid-Low

U-air- Floating Hammer-
Amy lets go of her hammer. It floats in the air a spins around by itself. Then it returns to amy.

Damage- Mid-low
Knockback- Mid-low
Startup Lag- Low
Ending- Medium
Range- Medium

D-air- Hammer Slammer- Amy slams down hard vertically with her hammer

Damage- Mid-Low
Knockback- Mid-Low
Startup Lag- Mid- Low
Ending- Low
Range- Mid-Low

F-air- Amy Kick- Amy kicks in front of her

Damage- Low
Knockback- Low
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- Low

GRABS

Grab A- Amy knees the enemy

Damage- Low
Knockback- None
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- None

Forward Throw- Amy lets go and hits the enemy forward with her hammer

Damage- Mid-Low
Throw Distance- Medium

Back Throw-
Amy lets go of the enemy and hits them backward with her hammer

Damage- Mid-Low
Throw Distance- Medium

Up Throw- Amy throws the enmy up a little bit and hits them higher with her hammer

Damage- Mid-Low
Throw Distance- Medium

Down-
Amy throws the enemy down and swings her hammer down to hit them

Damage- Mid-Low
Throw Distance- Low

B SPECIALS

Neutral
-Homing Hammer-
Works a lot like Sonic's neutral B. Amy jumps and hits the nearest enemy (if they are close enough). Unlike sonic amy hits the enemy with her hammer. Amy pauses in the air after she hits. You can press B while you are paused in the air you can continue to press B to swing the hammer down again. You can do this up to 2 extra times.

Damage- First hit Medium, second hit Mid-Low, third hit Low
Knockback- Mid-Low
Startup Lag- Mid-Low
Ending LAg- Medium (Because she stays in the air for a little extra time)
Range- High (Like sonic's homing attack)

Forward
-Magic Hammer-
Amy throws her hammer forward. The hammer swings up and down by itself! It looks like the hammer item but with no one holding it. It goes about half the distance of final destination and then returns back to Amy. It does pretty good damage if hit.

Damage- Medium
Knockback- Mid-Low
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Mid-Low
Range- Mid-High

Up
-Hammer Tornado-
Amy spins around rapidly holding her hammer. Gains good vertical distance. A little horizontal distance if you tilt the analog stick. The attack creates a tornado. It sucks enemies toward it. It doesnt have a very strong pull force but it still pulls the enmy in. It does pretty good damage if hit.

Damage- Mid-Low
Knockback- Mid-Low
Startup Lag- Mid- Low
Ending Lag- Mid-Low
Verticle Distance- Good
Horizontal Distance- Bad

Down
-Heart Hammer-
Amy thrusts the handle end of the hammer into the ground. Hearts fly out in both directions. The range isnt all that great it goes about as far as the stars for Yoshi's down. The hearts do a small amount of damage, but they have really good knockback to keep all those pesky enemies away.

Damage- Low
Knockback- High
Startup Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Range- Mid-Low

FINAL SMASH

-Mega Piko-Piko!-
Amy takes out another hammer. She is know holding two! The hammers grow to enormous sizes! Amy swings both hammers in front of her like the hammer item. The hammers do a good amount damage. Each hit of the hammer makes a shockwave that causes knockback but no dmage. Amy can move around freely swinging her hammers for about 10 seconds.

Damage- Mid- High (per hit)
Knockback- Mid-Low (Hammer Hit) High (Shockwave)

COLORS

TAUNTS
1. Blows a kiss

2. Giggles a little

3. Dances around

VICTORY POSES
1. Same as first taunt, but toward the camera

2. Amy slams her hammer down forward twice and then holds it up in the air

3. Amy puts her hammer down and crosses her arms, proudly

SNAKE CODEC

Snake: Hey Mei-ling, who's the pink rat?

Mei-Ling: First of all snake she's a hedgehog. Her name is Amy Rose.

Snake: Oh i see... Well i think she's trying to flirt with me.

Mei-Ling: Hmm... It wouldn't supprise me... she chases around Sonic all the time.

Snake: Well I am pretty irresistable...

Mei-Ling: Uhh snake... Anyways, watch out for Amy's piko piko hammer

Snake: Don't worry Mei-Ling I know how to handle the ladies

Mei-Ling:...

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I like it. Although some of those alternate colorings look pretty weird. Lol, I'm convinced Amy should always stay pink. I think the purple one's the only other one I could stand playing as.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
I like it. Although some of those alternate colorings look pretty weird. Lol, I'm convinced Amy should always stay pink. I think the purple one's the only other one I could stand playing as.
Yea i kinda thought they looked weird too... the program i have sucks for recoloring so im gonna see if i can find a way to fix it

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
I'm baaaack
from a super busy week!
And now I present to you:

WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

GARET! (& the thing next to him is a "Mars Djinn" which is mentioned numerous times within this moveset)

Background Info:
Sub-category Background A: Game Origin
Garet is a warrior from the Golden Sun games. He's the second hero (well, sorta. He's always in the group throughout the game just like Isaac, but Isaac is considered the main character) of the group and he practices fire magic and can wield swords and axes.

Sub-category Background B: Biography
Raised in the small, holy town of Vault, Garet is a hot-headed teenager who truly means good. He sets out on an adventure with Isaac (his best friend & companion), Kraden (the village wiseman & scholar) and Jenna (his friend, whom he secretly has a crush on) to Mt. Aleph, the ancient mountain that is said to have ancient powers. The group sets out to study something called "Psynergy"... but their journey is extended quickly when powerful thieves invade Mt. Aleph, kidnap Kraden & Jenna, and begin to disrupt a natural and balanced chain of nature as they steal the Mars Star!
(more background would bore you and make me summarize the whole friggin story, so you get the point, right? Warrior. Fire magic. Teenager. Cool.)

Sub-category Background C: Personality
Like I said before, Garet is a hot-headed teenager. He's very headstrong and acts on his impulses. These tend to embarrass him as he more than often acts before he thinks or suggests rational things that the group of warriors (Isaac, Ivan, and Mia) (also more than often) disagree with. Though Garet doesn't all say the right things and sometimes shows that he's an edgy person, he truly only means good for the world and is a very determined young warrior who wants nothing more than to help his friends and family.

How This Moveset Will Work/Special Notes:
This moveset is another normal, 1-personed, no strings attached moveset. However. Making Garet adds to the very large collection of Golden Sun characters, so after doing my research, I will create Garet AS IF SirKibble's Ivan and The Great Panda's Isaac were ALREADY in SSB!
I don't even know if that matters I'm just addressing that 3/4 heroes from the first Golden Sun are made/being made! Yay!
ALSO! May I note that Garet has alternate costumes in which he wields a long, thick AXE instead of a thick SWORD. THESE WEAPONS ACT NO DIFFERENTLY. They just look differently.

The Feel for Garet:
Garet is a strange off-beat mix of a slow, powerful smasher (like Ganondorf) and a balanced, athletic smasher (Mario). His recovery is awful but since he is heavy, it's hard to hit him off the stage in the first place. He's also an average-sized heavyweight which sort of gives him a good advantage. He comboes very well, and his Standard A attack can dominate if used well. He's very slow indeed but makes up with his overall battle structure.

Basic Statistics (1-5)
Strength = 4: Garet is sort of unique in this: most of his physical attacks are actually pretty average but because of his numerous combos (which are easily executed) the sum of his damage is pretty high if you can get a hold of his enemy. Thus, 4.
Dodge = 3
Recovery = 2: All of his specials relate to his fire power, which is from his Mars Adapt nature, and unfortunately, his fire Psynergy (magic) is quite weak.
Speed = 1.5: Garet is the slowest hero of Golden Sun. He's can sprint only slightly faster than Bowser but walks like him too.
Initial Jump = 2: Very poor.
Secondary Jump = 2: Very poor again. These, with his poor Up B Recovery, result in his low Recovery statistic.
Weight = 4: Hero with the most endurance from Golden Sun, I found it appropriate to match his slowness with his weight and power.
Height = 3: Head shorter than Link, slightly taller than Mario.
Fall Speed = 4: This guy's a brick with no strings attached. This can good and bad in situations but because of his lack of speed, it makes him a very bad at aerial combat as well.
Traction = 5: NO TRIPPING. Brawl's worst enemy, Garet can't even imagine losing his balance. Quite a reward, eh?

Pros & Cons
Pros
  1. Heavy character
  2. Powerful character
  3. Comboes well
  4. Standard "A" does great damage and has 4 hits
  5. Best of the best traction, resulting in easy-to-control ground game
  6. Has decently quick attacks, which doesn't make his powerful attacks useless.
  7. Good throwing distance
  8. Smaller target for a heavyweight; almost gives a fell of a metal character, but deffinately not exactly.

Cons
  1. Horrible recovery
  2. Bad speed
  3. Bad aerial game
  4. Poor jumping
  5. Falls quickly; this can be looked at as a good thing since it avoids floaty incidents but Garet falls like he's unconscious.
  6. Specials are not very powerful, despite what they appear to be

Combat Moves
BASIC ATTACKS
Standard "A" Tap = Garet takes a horizontal swing of his sword downward. Thin hitbox (but very wide) but does about 3% damage. Slight lag, so this is a pretty weak move if you don't continue the combo.
Double "A" Tap = Garet continues the combo by switching his grip position and slicing upwards with one hand! The blade of the weapon is still the hitbox but so is the butt of the hilt, and it does slightly less damage than the first move and has less lag (which is almost none) 3%ish?
Triple "A" Tap = Garet spins his weapon in a circle, damaging foes in a large radius in front of him. This attack goes straight off of his last move, so it is very hard for the foe to escape the combo at this point. However, if you stop the combo here, it takes a very long time for Garet to get ready to fight again. 2-3% (depending on area of hit)
Quadro (?) "A" Tap = Garet finishes off his powerful combo by slamming his weapon down onto the ground with both his hands. This gives off a small burst of fire from the ground, creating a large and powerful hitbox. HOWEVER. If you are hit by the flames, you suffer no knockback, and because Garet suffers EXTREME lag after this combo finisher, you NEVER want to hit the foe with anything but the weapon, which gives off solid knockback and up to 5% damage! This means that Garet's 4-move combo can do up to 14% damage! If you can trap the foe within the first two moves of the combo, you're set, and garet probably won't be punished for his post-combo lag. But if you time it poorly or aimlessly use these attacks, Garet WILL (emphasis on will) be punished.

Tilt Forward/Back = Garet stabs forward with his weapon. He steps forward with this, which gives very solid range, but is not a very powerful move and does hardly any knockback.
Tilt Upward = Garet copies Link's Tilt-Up by swinging his weapon straight over his head. He does it slower though, and it does 1% more damage than Link's.
Tilt Downward = Garet stabs his weapon into the ground. It's basically like Link's D-air but on the ground: Garet takes up his weapon and implants it into the air forcefully. The reason it isn't a Smash is because his Smashes mostly bring fire in and that would make this move Ike's Standard B without a chance. Garet suffers great lag if he doesn't hit an enemy, so make sure you time this quick move well!

SMASHES
Forward/Back Smash = Garet charges a small ball of fire over the palm of his hand. When the attack is released, he releases the ball which floats in the air. He then takes the hilt of his sword and punches straight into the ball of fire and it it explodes outward. As long as this description is, it's actually a decently powerful, quick and little-lagged move. The biggest disadvantage is the very little range it gives for a Smash attack. Compared to Garet's other attacks, this doesn't fair very well range wise.
Up Smash = Garet charges his sword as he holds it to his chest and points it downward, then stabs his fire-lit sword into the air. Amazing range (the sword actually has a wide hitbox too since the flames come off of it a little). The attack is powerful too, but Garet takes a long time to raise his sword into the air.
Down Smash = Garet sheathes his weapon then claps his hands together, storying firy enegy within his fists. He then punches down into the ground with his fists clenched, giving off a small fiery shockwave of heat in front of him. The hitbox is strange: it's the ground beneath him about five feet above him, and then a small triangle of the heat wave above the ground. It doesn't do a ton of damage since he doesn't use his weapon, and because of the long process it does take time to execute. However, the best advantage of this attack is its trange hitbox: foes won't expect to be hit where they're hit and the moves lasts a while when charged for a while.

AERIALS
Neutral Air = Garet holds his weapon with one hand and punches with his free hand. The basic of the basic neutral air.
Forward Air = Garet swings his sword forward and throws his shoulder forward as well, giving too off-center hitboxes. The shoulder gives knockback downwards but because it's not very powerful, it's not considered a worthy spike. The sword does solid damage and is the best part of the attack.
Back Air = Garet does a 360 while holding his sword right in front of him (horizontally). The range is bad but is an excellent aerial shield, for it damages all vulnerable foes around him. Decent power and poor knockback, but this is one of Garet's fastest moves as well which makes up for the poor knockback altogether.
Up Air = Garet swipes his sword upwards at an 80 degreeish angle.
Down Air = Garet spits a small fireball from his hand completely downwards, but it dies before it goes 5 feet below his feet. Because of this excellent range, Garet can easily avoid being juggled as he's on his downfall, but he suffers great lag to do the move unless he lands, where the move is cancelled altogether. Solid damage.

Grabs & Throws
Grab Animation: Garet does a basic grab with his free hand when he releases his weapon.

Grapples: Garet brings up his knee with a forceful kick and pounds into his opponent's stomach (groin area with human-sized). These are weak grapples, but his throws make up with their excellent distance.

Forward Throw = Garet does a barrel roll and cuts his opponent's with his sword on the downfall, then kicks them off him at the end of the roll! Garet then recovers by backflipping to his original position. For a hulky fighter, this is an extremely athletic and powerful move. What's best about it other than the overall good balance of it? If Garet manages to barrel-roll off the stage, you get...

GARETCIDE

Back Throw = does a 180 then releases a small burst of energy from his hand, blasting the opponent (with little damage) far from him! This attack doesn't take long, and if you can throw your opponent far, it's pretty easy for Garet to follow up with another hit! (however, it's almost impossible to chain any grabs, so don't count on that)

Up Throw = Garet simply spins and hurls his enemy into the air. That being said, you can assume that this is his worst throw. Nevertheless, it still gets decent distance... it just takes forever for Garet to recover from the throw. Don't use this attack unless you're handling a light or nearly defeated opponent.

Down Throw = Garet pins the enemy to the ground and swings down with his weapon, severely damaging the foe (for a throw attack) and slides (not throws) them along the ground! This is where traction comes in. If a foe has low traction and high percentages, they will be slid off the stage no problem! With a heavy, high-tractioned, healthy foe, this throw is almost impossible to rely on... use it with caution and wisely.

Specials
Standard B: Mars Djinn - I don't gloat a ton, but I take great pride in this special move. However, it is quite complicated, so scroll down to his "Final Smash/Standard B" connection center below his specials.

Side B: Fireball - Hm. I COULD make a Samus/Mewtwo/Lucario move with a chargable flame ball, but that would bore you, no? Indeed. So! Here's the deal: Garet does charge up fire energy within his clasped hands. Garet does get more powerful the longer you charge. Garet does cancel when damaged. Those are the basics: here's the scale of power.
  • 0-.8 seconds: Garet releases a small Mario-Fireball sized flame, and it goes flying away from him at a 45 degree. Does 2% damage.
  • .9-1.6 seconds: Garet releases up to 3 Mario-Fireball sized flames, and they go in random directions in front of Garet. Each ball does 3% damage.
  • 1.7-2.4 seconds: Garet releases 1 Kirby sized flame OR 5 Mario-Fireball sized flames, and they go in random directions in front of Garet or above him. Large does 8%, small do 3%.
  • 2.5-4 seconds: Garet releases 1 Sonic sized flame that goes directly in front of him. Does not go as fast as the other fireballs, but does 13% damage.
  • 4.1-6 seconds: Garet releases 1 Sonic sized flame that goes in a random direction away from him. Does up to 15% damage.
  • 6.1+ seconds: Garet releases 1 Snake sized flame that goes in a random direction away from him. Great speed release. Does up to 18% damage!

All in all, it's a very random move that is unpredictable since your opponent can't really count down how long you are holding the button unless they can read Garet's moves. If you think this move sucks or is too complicated, that sucks for you! Because as I've already mentioned, Garet's specials are supposed to suck. Oh, and he suffers 1 second lag after releasing B OR canceling the move no matter how long you charged.

Up B: Pyro Cut = A very basic Up B move, almost like a 4th smash. Garet charges up and jumps straight up into the air, with his weapon alit by burning flames. Again, he sucks at recovery, so don't expect amazing vertical distance. And because it doesn't recover horizontally, it leaves Garet a hopeless airborne if he's sent too far from the stage. When I say bad vertical distance, I don't mean a flying hop, I mean about Fox's initial jump. When, not that amazing considering how bad his jumping is. However, I can't only complain about this move. It is indeed very powerful. If you can hit an enemy with the very tip of the fire-lit sword when they're close by, you can do up to 18 whopping percentage points! Now that's a deal! And Garet only suffers post-lag from when he lands and his weapon cools off.

Down B: Eruption = A move taken straight from Golden Sun, this is probably considered Garet's best move. He raises his hand and a small hole (about five feet in front of him) forms, and a huge blast of lava explodes from the hole and flies into the air!
If the hole is beneath a platform, it will be stopped by that platform. If it is open space, the eruption will continue off screen like Pikachu's Thunder.
HOWEVER
The lava flow will maintain it's flourishing power as long as you hold down B... the downside? This move takes forever for Garet to do and recover from... It serves amazing damage though, and you can catch an airborne enemy off guard with proper timing. There is hardly any knockback (and no vertical knockback, otherwise this move would ensure a star-KO). But before you call this spam, remember the horrible lag that Garet suffers.

Final Smash
This is where I will explain the unique advantage/disadvantage of Garet's Standard B.
His Standard B is very simple: a Mars Djinn (pictured way above) comes out and quickly spits out four Kirby-sized fireballs that encircle Garet. Every 2 seconds, a flame dies. Whenever a foe touches these flames, they suffer 5% damage and are thrown off guard, and their movement is halted. On the ground, this leaves Garet a wide open shot to the stunned foe. In midair, it gives Garet time to fall away from the foe or attempt to hit them.

NOW HERE'S THE CONNECTION

Every time Garet does his Standard B, his Final Smash DOUBLES IN POWER.
Let me show you.

• [*]If Garet grabs the Smash ball without using Mars Djinn, the Final Smash is cancelled and nothing happens.
    [*]If Garet grabs the Smash ball when he has used Mars Djinn once, the Final Smash is the Mars Djinn itself flying out of the sky and crashing into Garet. A small ring of fire blasts around him, and whatever enemy touches it suffers from 6-14% damage, depending on how close the foe is to Garet.
    [*]If Garet grabs the Smash ball when he has used Mars Djinn twice, the Final Smash is Kirin, the summoned beast of fire. A cutscene is shown of Kirin leaping out of his home (I don't know, a cave?) and Kirin crashes in the stage. A huge heat wave surrounds Garet (about the size of the big bomb explosion) and it deals 18% damage.
    [*]If Garet grabs the Smash ball when he has used Mars Djinn thrice, the Final Smash is summoning Tiamat, the queen of the dragons. Tiamat crashes onto the stage (is about the size of Beast Ganon) and whoever touches the dragon is knocked back very far and receives 22% damage. But whoever is caught within the dragon's fire breath (which lasts for three seconds) suffers 32% and decent knockback!
    [*]If Garet grabs the Smash ball when he has used Mars Djinn four times, he summons the ultimate Fire Summon from Golden Sun: Meteor. It is what it sounds. An enormous meteor, engulfed in flames from space, crashes in the dead center of the stage. It is a very quick process unlike the game, but whoever is struck by the Meteor gains 50% damage points and is almost automatically KO'd! Also, whoever manages to dodge the Meteor will deffinately be caught in a heat wave from the meeor and they suffers UP TO 28% damage!

Wow, broken character much? Wrong. If you milk Garet's Djinn summon and wait around for the Smash Ball, here's what happens...
  • Every time you use the Mars Djinn, Garet's attacks all weaken by 1% automatically, no matter what the attack. When this sums up, it makes a lot of his attacks almost worthless!
  • When you use up to 2 Mars Djinn, the knockback of Garet's attacks are cut by 1/4. This means that high percentaged foes don't feel like high percentaged foes, they almost seem recovered.
  • When you use up to 4 Mars Djinn, Garet's jumps are cut in half for air distance! This makes his almost completely useless in the air and his recovery is God awful!

Now if you want to use the Djinn without spamming it and making Garet, use these two tips to help avoid it:

• 1.) To RESET YOUR DJINN COUNT, Garet must go 1 minute without using the attack. After a minute, Garet will begin to glow yellow. If you want to reset your Djinn count, tap B. If you want to use the move again or stop him from flashing, press AND HOLD B.
    OR if Garet is KO'd, everything is reset. Even if you had 4 Djinn on standby for a long while, you start off a fresh new stock with no Mars Djinn used. This is another reason not to totally abuse his Djinn power.
  • 2.) The best strategy would probably be to use 1 Djinn (which would hardly affect Garet) and then totally spam out Garet by using 3 Djinn within 10 seconds after the Smash Ball is released! One, it creates a fiery shield. Two, your full potential of a Final Smash is ready! It's quit the dealy-o.

Pretty complex, no?

Other Stuff
Taunts
Up = Garet sheathes his sword and turns away, with a heroic look upon his posture.
Side = A Mars Djinn pops out of Garet's pocket and dances around him, sort of like Link's Fairy taunt thing. The Mars Djinn is large though, like Kirby's size.
Down = Garet stabs his sword into the ground and crosses his arms, saying "Top that!"

Victory Poses
1.) Same as down taunt
2.) Garet points his sword into the air with flames flowing through the blade, and he laughs playfully.
3.) Garet pumps his fist and says "The best of the best."
4.) Garet clumsily spins around and points the crowd with a sleezy grin on his face.

Loss Pose/Applause
With a dissatisfied, disgruntled look on his Garet, he looks awkwardly to the victor as he claps his hands slowly. He's a poor sport but he doesn't show it verbally.

ENTRANCE
A Mars Djinn crashes and Garet pops out of the small eruption.

KIRBY HAT
Kirby gets Garet's hair and a small belt across his small body.

MESSAGE WHEN UNLOCKED
Garet, the hot-headed Fire Adept, has joined the fray!

Outfits
Standard: Red hair, orange clothing, green breastplate, blue pants, brown boots, sword
Red Team: Red hair, orange clothing, red breastplate, white pants, brown boots, sword
Blue Team: Dull red hair, navy blue clothing, black breastplate, blue pants, black boots, axe
Green Team: Blonde hair, pine green clothing, green breastplate, blue pants, brown boots, axe
Yellow: Blonde hair, golden clothing, white breastplate, white pants, silver boots, sword
Other #1: White hair, black clothing, white breastplate, gray pants, black boots, metal gauntlets, red eyes (evil Garet), axe

Solid Snake codec
Colonel: Snake, do you see that boy there?
Snake: Yeah, Colonel, who is this kid?
Colonel: This is Garet, Snake, and I don't think kid would be an appropriate title for him.
Snake: Is that so?
Colonel: This kid has phenominal swordsman skills and has the power to produce and manipulate fire at will. He's no more of a kid than you or I with those powers.
Snake: Fire, huh? Why not hose him off?
Colonel: Poor jokes later, Snake, just send this kid back home before I do to you.
Snake: Ooh, an employment threat. Alright. I'm on it.

Stage maybe later? Not sure.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
I agree, I liked the moveset overall. haha, the colors were a bit... odd, but if her eye color stayed and she didn't look so creepy in the blue one I could manage haha.
Excellent moveset!

EDIT: And may I say that as a viewer, I really like how after every move you put

Damage -
Knockback -
Lag -

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's actually a really good recoloring job, I just think the colors look weird. Lol.

EDIT: And Garet looks great. Really unique moveset!

------------------------------

Now let's let some brilliant minds shed some light on this thread's current state...

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion."
- G. K. Chesterton

Come on, guys, everyone's entitled to their opinion of how a moveset should be. Some people like so much detail that their computer freezes, where others would probably rather skip over the standard attacks entirely, and just hit what they consider the high-points of a moveset.

In any case, the person will make the type of moveset they like. There's nothing, NOTHING wrong with that, no matter what it is. Now, some types of movesets may appeal to different people, and ultimately, that's what determines the winners, but that shouldn't be our focus in this contest.

"Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, then go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive."
- Howard Thurman

If the only reason you're participating here is because you want everybody to like what you're writing, you're going to be sorely disappointed. Everyone looks for different things when they read a moveset. Not everyone's going to like anything.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
- Bill Cosby

This contest is meant to be fun, and frankly, it's not anymore. It's become way to serious and contentious. I've had it suggested to me that I should run MYM 4.0 after this one finishes, but if things here keep up how they are, that won't happen.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
This contest is meant to be fun, and frankly, it's not anymore. It's become way to serious and contentious. I've had it suggested to me that I should run MYM 4.0 after this one finishes, but if things here keep up how they are, that won't happen.
Very true... I'm guilty of being a dumb prick (ahem if you read my deleted post above, which I totally wrote on stupid impluse) about this thread but the criticism and cockiness is drying out this thread... out with the competition, on with the movesets!

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
I agree, I liked the moveset overall. haha, the colors were a bit... odd, but if her eye color stayed and she didn't look so creepy in the blue one I could manage haha.
Excellent moveset!

EDIT: And may I say that as a viewer, I really like how after every move you put

Damage -
Knockback -
Lag -
Thanks!!! Garett looks really good too! and the standard B/final smash is very unique!

About the recoloring... Im still trying to fix it... lol

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I actually look at every moveset with an open mind. I know that not everyone does a moveset like all others. Some may not be capable of putting far more descriptions into them.
The only thing I ask for in my reviews is not damage percentages or exact pixels of range at knockback, but only some indicators so I know how balanced the character is. If there's only a description of the attack, it's good, but it doesn't help me judge the balance of the character. The layout is just the icing on the top, but I don't take much points from that.

But you're right. Looking at the MYM 2.0, it all looked more casual than this right here. It's not so much fun and games anymore, and not talking about the ideas someone got (and I have far too much of them, lol), but a real competition, which it actually shouldn't be. It's not in the mind of the contest to rip everyone else apart and make perfect movesets, but to share and discuss creativity.

Edit: WOW, Smasherk, did you do these recolours? If yes... *makes puppy eyes* ...would you maybe make some for me, too? Just for the characters you'd have fun to do. They look amazing. @_@

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
I must admit that I'm quite guilty of being cocky too. However, I think that canceling the next thread is going to far.

As for the "Pleasing everyone" bit... Well, this is a competition. I personally just want to make a moveset that will work seamlessly in Smash, no matter whether it wins or not.

The Garret Moveset is spectacular, but his neutral b seems underpowered competitively. I love the escalating final smash attack, however. Meteor is plain awesome. For someone who stated earlier that attacks have too much detail, you sure put a lot of detail in that set!

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
The Garret Moveset is spectacular, but his neutral b seems underpowered competitively. I love the escalating final smash attack, however. Meteor is plain awesome. For someone who stated earlier that attacks have too much detail, you sure put a lot of detail in that set!
Yeah dude, thanks!

That's why I got that post out, I felt so ******** after I posted it cause I realized wow... I am that person I'm getting down on.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I get the feeling I've caused this argument about competetion. I apologize.

But if people can't say without a second thought that our movesets blow away the stuff in 2.0, I don't know why I care about your opinions on my movesets at all. Having just finished reading Koj's Gecko Moria, I can safely say that would've won the 2.0 contest by a land slide.

Why do I question whether or not people think that nightmare moveset's better? The fact it was brought up so quickly and because it placed in the top 50 at all, it's apparantely better then mine which pretty much out does it in every front. Even as far as ease on the eyes is concerned, mine's easier to go through and read due to good coloring, even if it is massively longer.

Would you like me to simply leave this so called "competetion"? As clearly I'm not allowed to actually try to make good movesets.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I just saw the last couple of pages about percentages and detail and competetion and stuff.

Ohh boy.......:bee: I wonder whats going to happen to my
Leonardo
moveset when i post it tommorrow. I put a lot of work into it from hitbox detail to percentages.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Would you like me to simply leave this so called "competetion"? As clearly I'm not allowed to actually try to make good movesets.
No no no... I guess you didn't get it. :/

MYM originally was intended to have fun in thinking of movesets for characters. It's not about winning. It's about the fun making and reading movesets. Everyone has other ideas about what a moveset should look like (even though I heavily disagree with Chris Lionheart's with removing points from movesets because they have no stage/item/etc.). Not everyone is able to come up with massive descriptions like you are, MasterWarlord (me, for example), and not everyone thinks heavy colouring looks good. Those are opinions. All in this thread is based on opinions. Trying to make people writing their movesets into what you would want is not how this should be. Of course, critics always are appreciated, hence I'm doing my reviews (although going with a ridiculously slow speed, lol), and don't judge on anything else but how the layout, descriptions and balance of that character are. Except the moveset is extremely unoriginal, like that first Ridley one we had here.
Of course, with time and more experience there come better movesets. Compare my Lip in MYM 2 and 3. She really improved. But that's because in the meantime I read other movesets. In every contest the movesets outta be better. In MYM 4.0, if there's ever one, the movesets will even be better than the pace is right now.

What I want to say is, that it's not the competition which should be in the center, but the fun. Do you have fun when thinking of a moveset, MasterWarlord? Or KoJ? If you do, then it's good, and you should stay here, because your movesets are really nice to read. I just think it would be better to not tell other people on what their movesets should look like or what they should include, unless it's not lethally missing.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
I'd just like to say that making my Rock moveset was much more fun than I thought it would be, and when I actually had to go do actual work, I found myself daydreaming up new ideas and eager to come back and write. Posting it here and seeing that my hard work made a few people laugh is just the icing on the cake.

Who cares who wins? All that happens if you win is you get put on the fake dojo for everyone to see. Which is cool, but I mean... it's in the thread already. People can see it anyway.

And just to throw this out there to put another twist on what Spade said, I don't really see the big deal about adding damage percentages. Others seem to think that it's important. So, to each his own.l

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
No no no... I guess you didn't get it. :/

MYM originally was intended to have fun in thinking of movesets for characters. It's not about winning. It's about the fun making and reading movesets. Everyone has other ideas about what a moveset should look like (even though I heavily disagree with Chris Lionheart's with removing points from movesets because they have no stage/item/etc.). Not everyone is able to come up with massive descriptions like you are, MasterWarlord (me, for example), and not everyone thinks heavy colouring looks good. Those are opinions. All in this thread is based on opinions. Trying to make people writing their movesets into what you would want is not how this should be. Of course, critics always are appreciated, hence I'm doing my reviews (although going with a ridiculously slow speed, lol), and don't judge on anything else but how the layout, descriptions and balance of that character are. Except the moveset is extremely unoriginal, like that first Ridley one we had here.
Of course, with time and more experience there come better movesets. Compare my Lip in MYM 2 and 3. She really improved. But that's because in the meantime I read other movesets. In every contest the movesets outta be better. In MYM 4.0, if there's ever one, the movesets will even be better than the pace is right now.

What I want to say is, that it's not the competition which should be in the center, but the fun. Do you have fun when thinking of a moveset, MasterWarlord? Or KoJ? If you do, then it's good, and you should stay here, because your movesets are really nice to read. I just think it would be better to not tell other people on what their movesets should look like or what they should include, unless it's not lethally missing.
I do enjoy crafting movesets for characters I actually like, as I've stated before. I sure as hell wouldn't be doing this if I didn't enjoy it. It's not worth a few brief comments saying how awesome the moveset is. I try to see how I could actually make the character the best addition to the roster I can when making their movesets, and when I put in the massive descriptions I'm only telling people what I thought about when picturing the move.

Yes, I actually do picture every single little detail of the attack in my mind when making it, and now because of that that's how I try to picture other movesets when I read them. I could give you guys a new moveset every day if I didn't have to say virtually anything about how the moves effected gameplay.

But enough about that. Of course there will be judging here, and of course people are going to give their opinions. You can agree that I am at least somewhat good at making movesets, right? I try to help people use my thought process in my reviews to make them how I'd write them. If they don't care agree with their opinions, that's fine and dandy for them, but I want to see them improve. Naturally if they improved the way I suggested, their movesets would slowly start looking somewhat more like mine, so it's my opinion in what I could think could be done better.

But by definition, guess what reviews are? Opinions. Some random guy giving smash bros brawl a terrible review isn't going to keep me from buying it, as that's his opinion. You don't have to take my opinion either, but I can certainly say that besides my "detail natism", most people can agree with my criticisms being valid or at least see them as decent insights. I don't critize movesets for no reason, I do it in hopes that they'll, at least in my eyes, improve.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
And just to throw this out there to put another twist on what Spade said, I don't really see the big deal about adding damage percentages. Others seem to think that it's important. So, to each his own.l
Yeah, I don't care if it's percents or, how Smasherk did it, saying "low damage" or something. I just think it's important to have indicators to see how the balance of the character is. ^^

Edit:
@MasterWarlord:
Your intentions are, if I may put it like that, very generous. However, as I said, it's mainly about having fun, not winning. I absolutely know and agree with what you said, though. I, for example, am trying to give the characters I chose a moveset being as close as possible to their forms in the games, and characters like Lip, Mr. Sandbag or the Kovomaka Students, who have no real fighting moves, are most fun: "How would they work and still look like they would come straight out of their games?". Of course, the more descriptions, the better. I totally agree with that kind of thinking. However, in my case - I'm just not able to do much better than what I did until now.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
WARNING! Challenger Approaching!

Athena Asamiya has entered the field of battle once more, but now she must cope with wildly different customs!
This pop idol wields psychic powers like a pro! Surely she will rock the competition!

[/end Sakurai impression]

BIO:
Athena Asamiya is one of the many mainstays of the King of Fighters series. The King of Fighters series is well known as a 2-D fighter utilizing (in most of their games) 3-on-3 teams. Athena herself is part of the Psycho Soldiers team in most of her appearances in the KOF series, although, as with most teams, has seen some roster shakeups in the past; nonetheless, her competitive spirit keeps her in the competition each and every year (Interesting note: the name for her team, the Psycho Soldiers, comes from the SNK game Psycho Soldier (1986, Arcade), which is also notable for being Athena's first video game appearance, along with her fellow teammate from KOF, Sie Kensou.

Earlier in her high school years, Athena encountered a local tough guy, whom two Chinese fellows were about to fight. She knocked the saboteur out with one punch, and introduced herself to the younger man, Kensou, and the older man, Chin Gentsai. Chin was so impressed, he took Athena under his wing, along with Kensou, to form the Psycho Soldiers team (known as Team China in King of Fighters '94). Later members of the Psycho Soldiers team included Bao, a small boy with pronounced powers, and Momoko, the first KOF character to utilize Capoeira.

Athena is notable for having a different outfit in each King of Fighters game, one of only a few fighting game characters to make that claim. She has made cameo appearances in all of the various SNK-Capcom crossovers, although she often sports outfits lifted from the main King of Fighters games. Her powers come from the goddess Athena, who herself starred in Athena (1986, Arcade) and Athena: Full Throttle (2006, i-mode), and also made cameos in SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos (2003, Arcade), Neo Geo Battle Coliseum (2005, Arcade) and the SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters Clash series (1999-2006, Neo Geo Pocket/Nintendo DS).

PROFILE:
Name: Athena Asamiya
Mode of Combat: Psychic powers + Chinese martial arts boxing
Birthday: March 14
Height: 163 cm (approx. 5'4")
Weight: 49 kg (approx. 108 lbs.)
Blood Type: Type B
Measurements: 83cm-57cm-82cm (approx. 33-22-32)
Birthplace: Japan
Hobby(ies): Creating home pages; shopping by catalog/online
Personal Treasure(s): Peter Rabbit tea set
Favorite Food(s): Maple leaf-shaped tea cakes; Things with sesame flour dissolved in milk
Dislike(s): Grasshoppers
Forte in Sports: Lacrosse

BRAWL STATS:
-Size: 5/10 (compare to Peach)
-Weight: 4/10 (fairly floaty, will often got knocked off fairly easily)
-Shield Resistance: 3/10 (a fully charged smash attack or a Warlock Punch will Shield Break her)
-1st Jump: 5/10
-2nd Jump: 7/10 (the height above her opponent would easily be about Athena's height up after the 2nd jump)
-Walking Speed: 5/10 (a leisurely stroll)
-Running Speed: 7/10 (runs fairly fast)
-Traction: 3/10 (will likely slide a bit if she stops short)
-Hand-to-Hand Attack Power: 4/10
-Hand-to-Hand Attack Speed: 7/10
-Hand-to-Hand Attack Range: 6/10
-Ranged Attack Power: 6/10
-Ranged Attack Speed: 8.5/10
-Grappling Power: 3.5/10
-Grappling Speed: 6/10
-Crouch: Yes
-Crawl: No
-Wall Jump: No (in Final Smash, Yes)
-Wall Cling: No (in Final Smash, Yes)
-Tether: No
-Glide/Hover: No

Pros:
-Floaty, a slow faller
-Attack speed is fairly quick
-Specials are varied, can mix them up to throw off opponent
-Attacks are relatively lagless, bar a special and a few attacks
-Many attacks can chain into another, resulting in good comboability
-One of the higher jumps in the game
-A few attacks have stun properties

Cons:
-Light, easily KO'd
-Only about 2 or 3 main kill attacks, the rest will unlikely kill an opponent unless they are at about 150%
-Grapple are either not powerful, don't chaingrab or don't throw far
-Lacks any sort of sweet spot on most aerials, only one sweetspots, but not a very large one

Character Overview: Coming soon!

Basic Stuffs: (NOTE: although Athena's preview animations have different costumes, the animation is the same if she were in all costumes)
Fighting Stance:

Walking Animation:

Running Animation:

Rolling/Sidestep/Dodge Roll Animation:

Tripping Animation: Imagine the animation...but running instead of idling...k?

Dizzy Animation:

Downed:

Shielding Animation:

Entrance:

A-Attacks:
AAAA: Basic Combo (2%>4%>7%>10%)
Athena delivers an open palm to the opponent, a quick second punch, a left kick, spins back, and delivers a roundhouse.

Hold A-attack: Double Psycho Spheres (1% per hit, Max. 20 hits)
Athena emits two psychic spheres in front of and behind her, which act similarly to Mewtwo's Shadow Ball from Melee, in that, if an opponent gets near the energy, they are zapped until the attack ends (about 2 seconds later), the attack is held for a bit as opposed to the animation below.

Dash Attack: Psycho Teleport (4%, stun)
Athena stops, twirls, and hovers quickly forward, and reappears about a character's length forward. Those caught in the reappearance warp are dealth the damage & stun.

Forward+A Tilt: Back Kick (10%)
Athena turns and delivers a kick in the direction she was originally facing.

Forward+A Smash: Force Palm (14-20%, KO potential)
Athena holds both palms back, then forces them forward. On average, this move will KO at about 120%.

Up+A Smash: Psycho Stardust (5% per hit, Max. 6 hits fully charged)
Athena emits some sparkly psychic energy out of her finger. By landing on top of the attack, an opponent can get stuck within the attack.

Down+A Smash: Spinning Trip Kick (10%, can trip)
Athena charges up a low kick that can trip up the opponent. Before the actual kick starts, she can charge it (as with most any Smash attack). Can only Trip if at least a 50% charged Smash.

Aerials:
Neutral Air: Psycho Emission (9%)
Athena will emit a short burst of psychic power in a radiating pattern. Not as much range as seen in the animation below, rather about 1/3 of that, and nearly invisible aside from a lens flare signifying the attack activated.

Forward Air: Double Aerial Kick (4%, 8%, possible spike)
Athena will leap up slightly, give a short-range knee attack, them delivers a swift axe kick. If hit by the tip of the foot, an opponent will be spiked downward (although the hitbox is small).

Back Air: Flying Back Kick (8%)
Athena will deliver a kick backward, striking those within range (MUCH faster than my animation, I was trying to demonstrate how it would look during the aerial idle).

Up Air: Sword of Athena (12%, possible spike)
Athena will recoil for a brief time (about 1/2 a second), and hit upwards with an energy sword. The tip of the energy sword spikes, much like the second kick on Double Aerial Kick. However, the range is lacking, and usually only hits those above Athena.

Down Air: Psycho Rolling (10%, stun)
Athena will curl into a ball of psychic energy and fall a bit faster diagonally (in the direction she was facing during the attack). Can be cancelled into an Up+B or any of her aerial attacks.

Grapples:

Specials:
Neutral B: Psycho Orbs (2%, Max. 20 hits)
Athena stands still, concentrates, and about 20 orbs travel upward erratically and quickly. Opponents walking into it will likely only be hit by about 8 of them.

Side+B: Psycho Ball (14%, minor stun)
Athena fires a medium-sized ball forward, it travels for a few seconds, then dissipates. If used as an edgeguarding tool, and can push opponents in the direction Athena is facing.

Up+B: Psycho Sword (15%)
Athena emits a sharp blade of psychic energy from her hand and leaps upward. If hit by the tip, the opponent will fly downward. If hit by the side of the blade, the opponent will fly outward in the direction Athena is traveling.

Down+B: Psycho Shield (varies)
Athena summons a large shield of energy she can use to reflect projectiles at the opponent who fired it. By crouching and getting up (while holding the attack), the projectile can be redirected up or down. However, it can only withstand three projectiles, after which, it is crushed, and cannot come back unless Athena gets KO'd and comes back to the battle area.

Final Smash: Goddess Athena Transformation
Athena transforms into the Goddess Athena for 15 seconds. During this time, she can wall cling, wall jump, is 1.5x faster, and immune to knockback. Her attacks are also 1.5x stronger (i.e. Psycho Ball now does 21% instead of 14%) and faster (can vary). Also, while idle, she has her shield in front of her, which deflects some projectiles as long as she remains idle. She also has a few new moves:

Forward+A Smash: (18-30%, KO potential, launches)

Neutral B: Psychic Phoenix - Goddess Form (20%)
Goddess Athena quickly charges a phoenix aura around her for one or two seconds, delivering quick damage.

Running Animation:

Misc. Stuff: Coming soon!

Assist Trophies: Coming soon!

Items: Coming soon!

Stages: Coming soon!

Music: Coming soon!

Athena will be finished by Tuesday some time.

I also hope to add Kyo, Iori, Terry and Ryo to this thread (just so I don't have to keep posting the same Assists, Items, etc).

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
^You may want to change your picture as well, it's just an X.

And about all this drama that's going on, MasterWarlord, I'm not going to lie, your movesets are INCREDIBLY impressive and if you have fun making them as you say you do, then there should be no problem. While this IS a competition, we're all here to have fun, I make my movesets not because I think they'll win (although I obviously try and make them with enough quality that they could possibly win), but because I'm making them for characters I find awesome and would like to see in Smash which you also appear to be doing.

So basically...I don't see what the problem is, we're all having fun here and I think the idea that this is a competition is getting us all a bit edgey...so everyone should just calm down and keep making movesets they way you're used to making them because really, they're all great in their own rights.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
However, I think that canceling the next thread is going to far.
It wouldn't have to be canceled. I just said I wouldn't run it. I don't want to be running a thread of constant derogatory argument.

As for the "Pleasing everyone" bit... Well, this is a competition. I personally just want to make a moveset that will work seamlessly in Smash, no matter whether it wins or not.
And that's how I believe it should be. I don't know about everyone else, but I get really excited when I finish a moveset, if for no other reason than that I've proved (at least to myself) that the character could be a valid addition to the roster.

I get the feeling I've caused this argument about competetion. I apologize.
No single raindrop is to blame for the flood. This has been an issue in this contest for a while, and a lot of things have contributed and been a part of it. No need to apologize.

But if people can't say without a second thought that our movesets blow away the stuff in 2.0, I don't know why I care about your opinions on my movesets at all. Having just finished reading Koj's Gecko Moria, I can safely say that would've won the 2.0 contest by a land slide.
My 2.0 movesets just lost all their feel-goods...

Why do I question whether or not people think that nightmare moveset's better? The fact it was brought up so quickly and because it placed in the top 50 at all, it's apparantely better then mine which pretty much out does it in every front. Even as far as ease on the eyes is concerned, mine's easier to go through and read due to good coloring, even if it is massively longer.
The real question I keep having about this is... Why does it really matter which Nightmare moveset is "better"? They won't be competing with each other, as they were done in different contests. Maybe I just missed the boat on all that... I'll grant you that your movesets are definitely good, but I think what's bothering people is that you consistently tell us about it. It starts to feel sort of self-righteous at times, whether it's intended that way or not.

You are allowed to make good movesets. In fact, I, for one, love that you do. What I don't like is that an air has been created that every moveset must be better than the others. It's the fault of a lot of us, too, so don't blame yourself for that.

All I want is for this contest to go back to being about having fun and discussing each other's creativity, not looking for faults in others' movesets and tearing them apart for it.

I'm debating taking down my evaluations, actually, as I believe it's part of what caused all this in the first place. I originally intended it as a way of giving my personal honest, thorough feedback on every moveset, but it kind of turned into something of a doctrinal ranking system, which I'm really sorry for and don't like at all...

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
So I come in this thread seeing a big argument about detail and competition and whatnot...

It's okay if I wrotes up a border-line essay of a strategy section, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom