• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
UPDATE

I've updated the list up to page 133 for now, and I've added a page for all the participaters of the pages i've currently gone past. (as you should tell, the linky to the webby is in my siggy).

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Fire, Needle, Cutter, Bomb, Ice, Spark, and Stone. No Ninja.

I'm hoping you meant Squeak Squad, since it actually appeared there. In case you are referring to Cutter + Bomb in Kirby 64... That is NOT Ninja! :ohwell:

*image*

That's Ninja. It's appeared in Super Star and Squeak Squad, but I haven't played Squeak Squad, and either way, it's still an underappreciated copy ability. As are Yo-Yo and Mirror, and as Ducky mentioned, Plasma and Wing (even though those did appear in Air Ride, and don't anybody tell me that game sucked, or I'll castrate you with a rusty spoon). Air Ride shoulda had Jet, too... Because it didn't suck anything's anything. I love Jet... :)

I have a whole idea for how a Kirby game should be, having multiple ways to use every power, the shielding mechanic from Super Star, the Helper System from Super Star, and taking it into 3-D. Too bad we can't submit these kind of things, I'd love to, and I'm sure fanatics like us have ideas that would really move things in a positive direction. :cool:

[/WayOffTopicRant] :ohwell:
Jet sucked because it was outclassed by everything else except Wheel or something else stupid like that. I always hated it and had ppurely situational uses. But that's my take on it. Woulda been nice to have it in Air Ride, though there were a lot of issues with that game that could've been remedied by simply adding more buttons. :/

Anyway, I DO have some movesets brewing, just to be on-topic for once hehe.

Mew
May (Guilty Gear XX)
Psyduck

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Hamm is much improved, bkupa, I'm impressed. His generic attacks are long gone and replaced with things that make him more true to the movie, even if he does use a few too many props. Only thing I feel I need to point out is that percentages don't vary that much from uncharged to fully charged, it's only about a 7% change at most. One of your smash attacks goes from 9-26% on ham. . .That's really awkward. In any case, I'm looking forward to slinky dog.

On Squeak Squad, I've totally read storo and some of doc now, and I'm very impressed with the moveset so far. The switching mechanic, as you said, adds layers of strategy, especially the switch from storo to spinni. Excellent job. This moveset is underrated and is one of my favorites in the contest. Read it now! Page 201!

The "Bard that specializes in Elemental spells from Trickster Online" is pretty good, with no general complaints from me, but needs a much, much shorter name.

VS METAL BARD THAT SPECIALIZES IN ELEMENTAL SPELLS FROM TRICKSTER ONLINE!

. . .Ouch. . .

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
The "Bard that specializes in Elemental spells from Trickster Online" is pretty good, with no general complaints from me, but needs a much, much shorter name.

VS METAL BARD THAT SPECIALIZES IN ELEMENTAL SPELLS FROM TRICKSTER ONLINE!

. . .Ouch. . .
xD Thanks for the compliment. I'll edit it to just Bard.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I just looked up the winner of the previous topic.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4628685&postcount=334

^Paper Mario. Lacks damage percentages and a lot of detail in general. He only makes use of the partners from the original Paper Mario, completely ignoring the thousand year door on gamecube. That said, it's still a pretty good moveset, but if you put it in this topic it would be crushed by the likes of Dracula, Mendez's other movesets, Gecko Moria by Koj, Grim Reaper by KingK.Rool, most of Bkupa666's, Sirkibble's and Spadefox's movesets, , and probably a lot of other undiscovered potetional then I haven't found yet in this topic, and, dare I say it, my own movesets.

I honestly think that Paper Mario moveset, the winner of the last contest, is on a level of the Ben Franklin moveset a little while back. They're both very original, but could use with a good bit more detail. Heck, at least ben gives damage percentages.

And Majora, using those bats for some moves is perfectly fine, but they make up a massive majority of them, which feels very awkward. Not even a vampiric character should have so many moves involving bats.
Forgetting someone? :ohwell:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hamm is much improved, bkupa, I'm impressed. His generic attacks are long gone and replaced with things that make him more true to the movie, even if he does use a few too many props. Only thing I feel I need to point out is that percentages don't vary that much from uncharged to fully charged, it's only about a 7% change at most. One of your smash attacks goes from 9-26% on ham. . .That's really awkward. In any case, I'm looking forward to slinky dog.
Thanks, I am editing in Slinky right now, he will be up soon, as well as the final smash for them all, and their misc. info. I will fix the problem with Hamm's smashes as well. And the reason I put in several of the other toys, was I felt that most of the other toy's could play a part of what they are (Andy's Toys), even if they aren't important enough to be a main character.

I'm really glad I rewatched Toy Story 2 for ideas; I LOVE Hamm's new B, the Freeze Frame.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Forgetting someone? :ohwell:
I haven't read any of your movesets, the fact that you don't link them in your sig doesn't help. . .But a lot of "undiscovered potetional I haven't found yet" is referring to a good amount of people probably. Don't take it bad if I didn't list your name there, it's more likely I just haven't happened to of read any of your movesets.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I haven't read any of your movesets, the fact that you don't link them in your sig doesn't help.
Good point. Fixed.

I've finished Ashencroft, so thats just leaves the 3rd Agers.... and any other movesets I might want to make... and my moveset ratings.

Edit:
How do you turn those links into simple words like that.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
Good point. Fixed.

I've finished Ashencroft, so thats just leaves the 3rd Agers.... and any other movesets I might want to make... and my moveset ratings.

Edit:
How do you turn those links into simple words like that.

Highlight the word you want to become the link, and when its highlighted click the insert link button and insert your link.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I'm sorry that the moveset I submitted might have sucked, I might make more. I'm new to this.

So, who lists the movesets in MYM? How does your moveset get recognized, do you just have to wait until the person who lists them recognizes you, and does this person actually go through each page and check all of the movesets?

Once again, I'm new to this, so please don't ignore me.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
(URL="http://website.com")MY WEBSITE(/URL)

replace () with brackets.

Sly Fox, right now you just get comments by your fellow moveset makers. Just make a moveset, that's how you get recognized (keeping making them and actively participate). The list is done by dancingfrogman (used to be HeoandReo)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
On Squeak Squad, I've totally read storo and some of doc now, and I'm very impressed with the moveset so far. The switching mechanic, as you said, adds layers of strategy, especially the switch from storo to spinni. Excellent job. This moveset is underrated and is one of my favorites in the contest. Read it now! Page 201!
Well, I'm glad you're liking it so far. And thanks for the advertisement! People definately SHOULD go read it now. On page 201. Or in my sig. Do it now!
Or else...

Anyway, I just read your newly finished moveset, Bkupa. I like Slinky quite a bit. Though I don't like the use of the props too much, it's still a unique and fun character. The whole set was a good idea to begin with. I also think the Final Smash is interesting, in that in FFA, your foes can try fighting back against the evil mutant toys. Lots of fun!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I've finished grading the first 20 pages (and re-evaluating the movesets that I have been pm'd about so far.)

I really hope this contest ends soon (the submissions part anyway). Because this is going to be a nightmare to grade.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I've finished grading the first 20 pages (and re-evaluating the movesets that I have been pm'd about so far.)

I really hope this contest ends soon (the submissions part anyway). Because this is going to be a nightmare to grade.
Haha, I bet it's going to be a nightmare going through 200 pages! Good thing I don't have to.... OH ****! LOL

D

Deleted member

Do you guys think I should make a moveset for my Spore creature?

smashbot226

Smash Master
I haven't read any of your movesets, the fact that you don't link them in your sig doesn't help. . .But a lot of "undiscovered potetional I haven't found yet" is referring to a good amount of people probably. Don't take it bad if I didn't list your name there, it's more likely I just haven't happened to of read any of your movesets.
The fact that you say this and I request you to review Cel Link is immeasurable.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, I'm glad you're liking it so far. And thanks for the advertisement! People definately SHOULD go read it now. On page 201. Or in my sig. Do it now!
Or else...

Anyway, I just read your newly finished moveset, Bkupa. I like Slinky quite a bit. Though I don't like the use of the props too much, it's still a unique and fun character. The whole set was a good idea to begin with. I also think the Final Smash is interesting, in that in FFA, your foes can try fighting back against the evil mutant toys. Lots of fun!
Nice job on the Squeak Squad. I enjoyed reading it, despite not being a huge Kirby fan...

And about the props, I've heard several people comment on them, in the movies, a toy will usually have a connection with a prop or item at one point, but then only use it once (e.g. Rex's doodle pad). I believe this is one of the unique concepts of the moveset.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Squeak Squad and Andy's toys were both really cool move sets. I especialy liked Andy's toys for its references to the movies. Rex's wiimote sound and Potatoe Head's side-special made me LOL.

D

Deleted member

Only if you also do one for the VGCats critter with butts for eyes.

Anyway, Teigen's specials are done. Now for the miscellaneous crap.
Yes, yes I think you should.
Nothing more needs to be said, other than I'm going to wait at least until I'm done with the Tribal Phase before I start it.

Also, this is how that same critter looks now:

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
The circus is in town! Street Perförmer joins the brawl.
"Do you believe in magic? Not that it matters..."

Street Perförmer is my next character. She's a circus star, acrobat and street performer (obviously), and has been most her life... it's a family thing. She mostly does circus stuff but she'll occasionally go in to town and be a busker, doing card tricks, flips/twists, escape art, and magic tricks. Because of this lifestyle, she has limited experience in the 'normal' world and is seen as just plain weird by 'normal' people (but they still enjoy the performances). Also, she's noctournal (which explains her pale skin). You'll also notice that she walks on her hands, she's been doing that since childhood and spends 20 out of the 24 hours in a handstandish position. She eats, plays video games, and does other common tasks with her feet. Nobody knows why, it just became her nature. She's got some equally abnormal friends as well: Some clowns, a bearded lady, a man with four arms, and some conjoined twins (and a two headed pet cat) who all perform at the circus with her. She also carries around two knives, mostly for tricks, but sometimes to keep away some of the overzealous fans and thugs who also roam the night.

Stats/Info:
Ok, this character is different in that she always walks on her hands. Being the freak performer she is, Street Perförmer almost never stands 'normally'. Her basic stance is sort of like a scorpion handwalk, her legs being the scorpion's tail. As shown:

(Just in case, for clarification, this pic is just some guy I drew to demonstrate)
Standing, she's pretty tall like Falcon... but she doesn't stand (she's always in that scorpion position) bringing her down to just a little over average height. She's got solid jumps both times, with an average weight and fall speed. She can crouch (basically a curled up pushup position), wall jump, crawl, and cling. She isn't slow moving either, not Falcon/Sonic, but not Ganondorf either. She also has a tether which I will explain further down.

B attacks:
B - Torch Tricks: Street Perförmer exhales a huge burst of fire from her mouth. The fire blast is aimed diagonally at the ground and then bounces up in the direction you're facing, lasting for two seconds. Like ROB's beam thingy, it can be stored up. The more you store this move, the more powerful it can become (Standard distance is about the length of Bowser's flame thrower... meaning the attack is done almost as soon as its started which is why it only lasts a couple seconds). If the center/core of the blast hits the opponent it causes some decent knockback and a good amount of damage (assuming it's been stored enough), but the edge of the blast just racks up damage. Average size of the shot is around Samus' charge ball-thing x4 making it one of the biggest projectiles. However, like I said, unless you get hit by the core of the blast it doesn't do that much damage.

B DOWN - Bounce: Street Perförmer stands on a bouncyball. It can only be used starting on the ground. You need to hold B Down, you'll begin bouncing up and down up to seven times. The impact of the first bounce is low and weak, doing almost no damage or knockback. Second bounce is a little stronger and goes a little higher. Average damage and knockback. The attack is patheticly easy to interupt because of low priority during the first two bounces. The third, fourth and fifth are the peak. Very high bounce. An enemy directly under the ball will get stuck in the ground with a good amount of damage. Anywhere else (the corner of the ball) does good knockback and decent damage. Sixth bounce is the same as the second, and seventh the same as the first. The peak bounces are almost super armor and takes a pretty strong attack with great percision to interupt (it's not easy). Again, bounces six and seven are mirrors of two and one. While in the air you can move either right or left by about the length of a medium size character. You have to wait a nine seconds to use the attack again if you reach the peak (five seconds if you only make it to the first or second bounce), this is to prevent abusing the attack throughout the whole match (even though the first bounces are easy to stop, like mentioned earlier).

B OVER - Head Trauma: She moves a little forward and grabs on to the foe's ankles (using her lower arms to keep herself up). She then repeatedly kicks the opponent in the head. Crushing blows to the dome, fool! She'll kick you at least three times before you're able to fight her off (like Diddy's latch). If you don't, you'll keep getting kicked. Each kick does a medium amount of damage. This attack has pretty bad range, like Captain-Falcon's-grab bad. If for any reason the player fails to grab on (blocked or flat out miss), there is some ending lag as she has to get back on her feet hands. This move can only be used on the ground.

B UP - Baloons r gud: She ties a balloon around her ankle and slowly floats/drifts up. It's a pretty slow recovery move (not the lag, but the actual recovery itself). But it can go pretty high, and as soon as you press an attack button the balloon pops. The direction you move can be sorta controlled by pressing left or right (it's only a slight nudge in the respective direction, and you're still going up). This doesn't deal any damage unless the enemy is around when the balloon pops (it'll pop on it's own before it goes too high), in which it'll do a small amount of damage and slight knockback. After the balloon pops she is in a helpless state until she reaches the ground. The balloon can be popped by some attacks depending on strength (for example, Mario's fireball won't, but Peach's fair will).

A attacks:
A: She bites the enemy, low knockback and damage. Basic attack.

AA - Scorpion: Basic 'kick' (leg thrust)... although depending on which way you look at it, it could be a 'punch'. Basically like mentioned above, it's a leg extend that resembles somewhat like a Scorpion's tail strike.

AAA - Juggle: This is a multihit AAA like Captain Falcon's, Falco's, Kirby's etc. although a little slower. She takes out three flaming bowling pins and begins juggling them with her feet. Does a small amount since it's a multihit.

Dash A: Another multihitting attack. She cartwheels into the enemy which can hit up to four times. Basic damage/knockback.

A SMASH Down – Ok, I'll Show You My Moves: She begins breakdancing/bboying.. I don't know what the exact move's called because I don't breakdance, it looks sorta (and ONLY sorta) like Mario's dsmash except cooler looking and just flatout better. It attacks in one direction and then the other. It does a good amount of knockback but only average damage.

A SMASH UP – Seal Attack: She strikes upward with her face while using her arms as a pivot.... she has a pocket knife concealed in her teeth. Causes average knockback and above average damage.

A SMASH Over – Frontflip: She jumps in the air and does a front flip into an enemy, causing medium damage and knockback. It doesn't travel that far because it is just an A move. While in the air flipping, an enemy can take a small amount of damage because of the knives her feet are holding.

UP TILT – : She straightens her posture and faces the screen. She pushes up her arms making her kick upward with both feet straight and together. It causes good vertical knockback but not a lot of damage, good for juggling enemies.

FORWARD TILT – Rabbit Out a Hat: She takes out her bowler hat and a bunny jumps out (it jumps right off the screen, it doesn't stop on the stage or anything). Does average knockback and damage.

Down Tilt – Sweeping: Facing the screen, she extends her hands outward that swipes foes in both direction, barely doing knockback and only a little bit of damage. She holds herself up with her face.

NAIR - Spinning top: A multihit attack that does little damage (for each attack), but decent knockback at the final hit. She spins around with her arms extended outward, able to punch the enemy several times.

FAIR - Scissor: She does a horizontal scissor kick that strikes the opponent with her knives. Average knockback and damage.

BAIR: She punches with both of her hands at the same time. Has very great priority, medium damage and above average knockback.

DAIR: She flips over so she's right side up and kicks down possibly causing a spike if sweetspotted. There's some ending lag as she flips back over.

UAIR: She quickly throws up one of her knives and it immediately returns to her. It's a very quick attack so it isn't an official projectile. Does above average damage but average knockback.

Throws:
Street Perförmer has a slightly different grab mechanic. It is a tether move (it can grab on ledges) called Insta-trapeze. This grab actually extends out diagonally upwards so it'll probably miss an opponent unless they're on an above platform, close to you, or very big. As you'll see below, the way she does her grabs is slightly different as well.

(F/B) Throw: She throws out her insta-trapeze. If it latches on to an enemy, it's a little different in that they don't get dragged to you, but you get dragged to them. She'll go forward and then double kick the grabbed enemy. It has a pretty decent range. It should be noted that when an enemy has been grabbed, they are not stuck or hindered and they can still move around. If you don't attack fast enough, the enemy could move in the opposite direction, stretching the tether until it breaks (reaches passed it's maximum extend).

It's also unique in grabbing on to certain ledges (mostly floating platforms), and you can do this cool move (providing it's the right kind of ledge...mostly ones you can jump through, and you have enough space to pull it off):

The purpley thing is an enemy. The green is you.
If you're falling/recovering and grab on to a very solid edge (most stage bases, Hyrule for example), you'll still tether, but instead of doing that flippy move thing, you'll just hit the wall and pull yourself up.

Dthrow: Because of her altered grabs, she has no down throw.

Uthrow: Because of her altered grabs, she has no up throw.

Hit: Stabs the foe with her knife (only for close grabs)

Other Stuff:
Ledge Attack: She grabs on to the ledge with her feet. She attacks by flipping over and striking the opponent with her hands.

Winning Pose 1: Does a manic laugh.

Winning Pose 2: Throws both of her knives on the ground, they stick to the floor.

Winning Pose 3: ...Trapezes on to the scene and then just smiles at the screen or something idk.

Losing Pose: She claps with her feet and hands.

Taunt 1: She gets on her feet, looks on the screen and takes a bow.

Taunt 2: She pedals back and forth on her unicycle.

Taunt 3: Headspin/breakdancing-ish stuff

Stunned Stance: Joints stiffen and curls up.

Idle Stance: Looks both ways and scratches her head with her leg.

Sleep Stance: Flattens out and just sleeps.

Icon: A bowler hat.

Entrance: She rides in on her unicycle (pedaling with her hands, as usual).

Unlock: Beat the classic mode on hard with 1 life.

Wiimote Sound: Carnival Music.

Color Changes: Red outfit, Green outfit, Blue outfit, White outfit, Black outfit (default), Violet outfit.

Final Smash – Ringmaster: Street Perförmer instantly changes into a ringmaster outfit and gets on a giant circus elephant. You ride the elephant around the stage rampaging enemies. The elephant is about the size of two Donkey Kongs. It can double jump but it moves as slow as bowser. If an enemy touches the elephant, they becoming trampled and stuck like the pitfall item and heavy damage gets racked on (I guess if you wanted to, you could just 'sit' on an enemy for an entire ten seconds racking up serious damage... it is a final smash afterall). Pressing A will make the elephant to attack with its tusks, causing 15% damage and heavy knockback. The attack lasts 12 seconds and she's invincible while in this state.
(I didn't draw this)

Stage - Tent: A Clown's headquarters. In this stage you're fighting on circus grounds. I'll let the picture do the discribing. Pink is walkable area. The fire racks up a little damage but does no knockback. There's also some cheering, general circus, and clapping sounds from people inside the tent you can't see.

Stage music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFPKGfIOsqE.

Assist Trophy - Murdery the Clown: Murdery the Psycho Killer Horrorclown is the assist trophy this time around. He's a creepy looking clown with a machete. He goes around hacking enemies down. It deals 20 damage to the opponent and causes a lot of knockback. He'll stay on the stage for five seconds chopping down as many foes as possible before unicycling off.

So whatcha think?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
The new avatar is epic, almost as good as dancingfrogman's, but NOTHING can compare to it. Weegee is still epic win though.

Slinky's a welcome addition to Andy's Toys, Bkupa. In most cases I'm against the use of props such as for established character that don't need them like K. Rool, but you help represent virtually all the characters in the movie in some form of move. Only toy that I think should've been in that didn't was the RC car, and it would've been a no brainer special move. I'd re-review your moveset, but I have a long line of requests, and it's more important to do new movesets then re-do one I've already did, ya know? I'm still looking forward to the rest of it though, particularly the SSE role. I hope you do them justice with it.

Speaking of Toy Story, Toy Story 3 has been announced recently. Woot! Don't say I'm just some kid, I'm 17, but those movies are enjoyable no matter what your age. And even then, I'd still watch it just for the sake of memories.

Anyway, I'll say what smashbot wants to hear, if I hadn't made it clear enough already. CEL LINK WILL BE MY NEXT REVIEW.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
cheap josh, that's actually an awesome moveset. It's very creative, you've got nice details, and the more I read your moveset, the more I want to play this character IRL. That's cool. :)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The new avatar is epic, almost as good as dancingfrogman's, but NOTHING can compare to it. Weegee is still epic win though.

Slinky's a welcome addition to Andy's Toys, Bkupa. In most cases I'm against the use of props such as for established character that don't need them like K. Rool, but you help represent virtually all the characters in the movie in some form of move. Only toy that I think should've been in that didn't was the RC car, and it would've been a no brainer special move. I'd re-review your moveset, but I have a long line of requests, and it's more important to do new movesets then re-do one I've already did, ya know? I'm still looking forward to the rest of it though, particularly the SSE role. I hope you do them justice with it.

Speaking of Toy Story, Toy Story 3 has been announced recently. Woot! Don't say I'm just some kid, I'm 17, but those movies are enjoyable no matter what your age. And even then, I'd still watch it just for the sake of memories.

Anyway, I'll say what smashbot wants to hear, if I hadn't made it clear enough already. CEL LINK WILL BE MY NEXT REVIEW.
I'm still thinking of a good SSE role, but I believe I am on the right track.

RC Car is Slinky's Back Throw, although I agree he could be an awesome move as well.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, he might just be a special move of Woody's. Yeah, I plan to do him, but Buzz is already done, and the guy (think it was SundanceKid) beat me to the punch on the side B (Alien Toss), which I'd actually planned in my notebook IRL. So no dice on him...

Yeah, I've heard about Toy Story 3, I really hope it is good, and not just milking an amazing franchise, cause most 3 movies are crap, unless they are in series, like Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, or Lord of the Rings. Apparently,
the toys get donated to an orphanage, Buzz gets recalled, and Woody, the crew from TS2, plus Jessie and Bullseye, go to rescue him, while Buzz meets foreign toys.

Oh yeah, and of course Weegee is unbeatable, but Tiggah (my OC and avatar) HAS to be in the higher tiers of epicness, FO SHO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom