• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Sorry to detract from your brilliant moveset, cheap josh, it wasn't up while I was making my post. I'm simply in love with the thing, you prove that exact percentages aren't really that important when you have so much else in there about the moves. More importantly though, the default stance is brilliant, and makes way for tons of moveset potetional. The fact you went through the time to make the custom images shows you put a lot of time into the moveset, and I appreciate it, especially with the stage and basic stance pictures. I'm not fond of walk off edges and would constantly play the stage otherwise, but that's just my preference.

In any case, great job. The opening statement introducing the character was also lol worthy. A very enjoyable read.

Edit: @Bkupa666: Most 3 movies outside of series are generally crap, but I have faith in Pixar. They actually manage to make family friendly movies that have actual quality in them! Who knew those existed any more? A shame you can't do Buzz Lightyear, but it'd be a bigger shame if there was no Woody when there was Buzz, Slinky, Hamm, Rex and Potatoe Head.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I agree about Pixar and their movies, and I hope they will follow through.

The Buzz moveset I saw is on pg. 42 if you're interested.

Woody will probably be after one of my OCs, Phoenix, who is next.

--WAMY--

Smash Rookie
Skull kid w/ Majoras Mask

all around character

weak fast attacks and slow strong ones

walks slow, but runs fast

up b = warp
warps

side b = fairy punch
throughs teal (sort of like king DDDs)

b = Sara's song
stuns any character in range

down b = prank
skull kid jumps up and creates rock and "ground pound" with rock underneth him

final smash = the final day
moon fall down on the sage auto killing any one over 70%

walk = majoras mask dags skull kid

run = skull kid runs under his controll on all fours

2 jumps

up taunt = majoras mask shakes while skull kid floates

side taunt = lifts up mask and looks around

down taunt = skull kid dances

up throw = skull kid throws enemy up lightly, than hand stand to a kick

side throw = majoras mask looks at enemy w/ deth stare and he/she goes flying

down throw = skull kid hand stand flips on enimy

grab = skull kid gabs with right hand

up smash = hand stands w/ legs bent and kicks

side smash =drops on his hands and kicks

down smash = sort of like break dancing

A = punches

hold A = none

run A = he punches then skull kid trips

A = punch and kick in all dicection

down A = one foot goes up over his head, then kicks downwards

up A = a flip

back A = a kick backwards

foward A = punch

Stage entry = the mask fades slowly into the screen, followed shortly by skull kid

dizzy = the mask slips off and on skull kids face wile skull kid stubles

sleep = skull kid drops strait on his back without movement

crouch = skull kid drops on all fours

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
^^That was GreatClayMonkey and iono, he mentioned that like a billion years ago.

@Sly Fox and MasterWarlord, thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion

_________________________________________________________________________________speacial set

up b = warp
warps

> b = fairy punch
throughs fairy

b = Sara's song
stuns any character in range

down b = prank
skull kid jumps up and creates rock and "ground pound" with rock underneth him
final smash = the final day
moon fall down on the sage auto killing any one over 70%
__________________________________________________________________________________________Movement

walk = majoras mask dags skull kid

run = skull kid run under his controll
This is without a doubt the best moveset in the contest. Who agrees with me? Let's just end it right now and give this guy the prize! None of our efforts can compare to this masterpiece! Not even my Magikarp moveset!

Joka

Smash Journeyman
I think the floppy eared Namco cat should get his place!

KLONOA

Namco ©
Series: Klonoa
First Appearance: Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (1997)

Stats

Weight: Light Middleweight.
Running Speed: Average. Neither fast nor slow.
Jump: Great, though he is a slow jumper
Other: Klonoa is a mid-floaty character. He cannot take powerful hits well, but he is still able to survive some of them before a KO. Few of his attacks have KO potential and since he is not a very quick character, aerial movement is GREATLY recommended. Klonoa moves faster in the air than the ground. But if ground movement is neccessary, it is always wise to use his Hoverboard.

Special Moves

Regular B- Wind Bullet
-Klonoa fires a Wind Bullet. The bullet retracts into the ring when fired, causing damage as it does. This attack can be charged. Once fully charged, the gem on Klonoa's ring will glow with a green aura.

Side B- Moo Toss
-Like Dedede's Waddle Dee toss, Klonoa tosses out Moos, Flying Moos and a occasional Boomie. Moos and Flying Moos attack on sight. Moos scratch with their claws and Flying Moos dive bomb enemies. The Boomies are the most dangerous as they explode if left alone. Attacking it won't do good either since they detonate on anyone that tries to. The enemies can be picked up by Klonoa and other characters.

Up B- Erbil Jump
-Similiar to Fox's in form. Klonoa latches on to an Erbil and jumps from it blasting off with electricity. This attack has good knockback and can stun opponents.

Down B- Hoverboard
-Like Wario and his motorcycle, Klonoa whips out his Hoverboard and can slide across on it. It can't be destroyed, but once Klonoa falls off from it, it can be thrown (it's much lighter than Wario's motorcycle, mind you).

Final Smash- Thunder Hurricane
-Klonoa summons a giant electric tornado that sucks in enemies, zaps 'em then spits them out!

Additional techniques:
Klonoa can utilize a flutter jump in which he uses his ears to hover in mid-air (He can only do this after a mid-air jump). Also, he can easily carry enemies and also volley and double jump them after a grab.

Melee-Based Moves
A-Combo- Punch, Punch, Ring Slash, Spin.
Dash- Runs into a sweep kick.
Forward Tilt- Shoots a piercing bullet from his ring. This attack can stun.
Upward Tilt- Uppercuts with his ring.
Down Tilt- Pushes himself into the air, firing a giant wind bullet downward.
Forward Smash- Charges his wind ring and fires an electrifying blow.
Upward Smash- A beam-like saber shoots out from his ring.
Down Smash- Punches the ground, sending a small shockwave.
Neutral Air- Using a wind saber, he slashes downward.
Forward Air- Charges forward a short distance with a punch.
Back Air- Makes a 180 degree spin, knocking away enemies with the force of wind.
Upward Air- Makes an upward flip kick.
Down Air- Stomps, knocking anyone below him downward.

Grab Moves
-Klonoa grabs enemies with his Wind Ring
Forward Throw- Shoots the enemy forward with a wind bullet.
Back Throw- Spins into a mini-tornado, throwing the opponent.
Upward Throw- Volleys the opponent upward.
Down Throw- Double jumps the opponent, slamming them to the ground.

Taunts
Up Taunt- Tosses his ring upward, then catches it.
Side Taunt- Does a mid-air flip and lands with a victory pose shouting: "Wahoo!"
Down Taunt- Takes off his Pac-man cap, twirls it on his finger, then flips it back on.

Entrance
-Klonoa slides into battle on his hoverboard.

Victory Theme
Vision Clear (Klonoa: Empire of Dreams- Game Boy Advance)

Victory Stance(s)
-Klonoa makes the peace sign to the camera.
-Does his Side Taunt.
-Stands triumphantly while a Moo sleeps beside him.

Snake Codec
Snake: Otacon, there's a wierd looking cat boy here with large floppy ears!
Otacon: That's Klonoa, Snake! Also known as the Dream Traveler! He hails from a world made of dreams!
Snake: He's from a dreamworld? No wonder. His attacks are so strange. What's with that ring he's holding?
Otacon: That's the Wind Ring. The gem fixed on it fires a concentrated bolt of wind which catches enemies and pulls them toward him. It's a powerful weapon, indeed!
Snake: That's his only weapon?
Otacon: It appears so. Why?
Snake: No reason. You don't need a bunch of gadgets to win a battle!

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
Hmm im running out of ideas for characters... nice start for klonoa! add a little more detail and it will be good!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
...Is Klonoa actually a cat? I did not know this.

BKupa666 said:
I know the leak part is crap, but it IS SUCH an epic song.
Everyone should follow that link, because that actually is a really cool song. I don't think it fits with Master Hand (waaay too Irish folk), but awesome all the same.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Klonoa is very under-detailed, and needs more love. A paragraph is usually the standard for special attacks.

Skull Kid with Majora's Mask is the best moveset I've ever seen.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I'll edit it now!
Don't think that my opinion really means anything more than a suggestion, but I would at least add in knockback and damage or some more description.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
KLONOA

Namco ©
Series: Klonoa
First Appearance: Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (1997)

Stats

Weight: Light Middleweight.
Running Speed: Average. Neither fast nor slow.
Jump: Great, though he is a slow jumper
Other: Klonoa is a mid-floaty character. He cannot take powerful hits well, but he is still able to survive some of them before a KO. Few of his attacks have KO potential and since he is not a very quick character, aerial movement is GREATLY recommended. Klonoa moves faster in the air than the ground. But if ground movement is neccessary, it is always wise to use his Hoverboard.

Special Moves

Regular B- Wind Bullet (Charged-8%, Not charged-3%)
-Klonoa fires a Wind Bullet. The bullet retracts into the ring when fired, causing damage as it does. This attack can be charged. Once fully charged, the gem on Klonoa's ring will glow with a green aura. A fully charged Wind Bullet has more knockback than a non-charged shot.

Side B- Moo Toss (Moos-3%, Flying Moos-7%, Boomies when detonated-12%)
-Like Dedede's Waddle Dee toss, Klonoa tosses out Moos, Flying Moos and a occasional Boomie. Moos and Flying Moos attack on sight. Moos scratch with their claws and Flying Moos dive bomb enemies. The Boomies are the most dangerous as they explode if left alone. Attacking it won't do good either since they detonate on anyone that tries to. The enemies can be picked up by Klonoa and other characters.

Up B- Erbil Jump (Direct hit-10%)
-Similiar to Fox's in form. Klonoa latches on to an Erbil and jumps from it blasting off with electricity. This attack has good knockback and can stun opponents.

Down B- Hoverboard (Direct hit- 8%)
-Like Wario and his motorcycle, Klonoa whips out his Hoverboard and can slide across on it. It can't be destroyed, but once Klonoa falls off from it, it can be thrown (it's much lighter than Wario's motorcycle, mind you).

Final Smash- Thunder Hurricane (Total- 30%)
-Klonoa summons a giant electric tornado that sucks in enemies, zaps 'em then spits them out!

Additional techniques:
Klonoa can utilize a flutter jump in which he uses his ears to hover in mid-air (He can only do this after a mid-air jump). Also, he can easily carry enemies and also volley and double jump them after a grab.

Melee-Based Moves
A-Combo- Punch (2%), Punch (2%), Ring Slash (4%), Spin (5%)
Dash- Runs into a sweep kick. (4%)
Forward Tilt- Shoots a piercing bullet from his ring. This attack can stun. (4%)
Upward Tilt- Uppercuts with his ring. (5%)
Down Tilt- Pushes himself into the air, firing a giant wind bullet downward. (4%)
Forward Smash- Charges his wind ring and fires an electrifying blow. (6%)
Upward Smash- A beam-like saber shoots out from his ring. (6%)
Down Smash- Punches the ground, sending a small shockwave. (Shockwave-7%)
Neutral Air- Using a wind saber, he slashes downward. Has spike potential. (4%)
Forward Air- Charges forward a short distance with a punch. (5%)
Back Air- Makes a 180 degree spin, knocking away enemies with the force of wind. Has superb knockback and can easily KO if manuvered correctly. (6%)
Upward Air- Makes an upward flip kick. Easy to juggle foes in mid-air. (5%)
Down Air- Stomps, knocking anyone below him downward. Has spike potential. (6%)

Grab Moves
-Klonoa grabs enemies with his Wind Ring
Forward Throw- Shoots the enemy forward with a wind bullet. (4%)
Back Throw- Spins into a mini-tornado, throwing the opponent. (5%)
Upward Throw- Volleys the opponent upward. (7%)
Down Throw- Double jumps the opponent, slamming them to the ground. (6%)

Taunts
Up Taunt- Tosses his ring upward, then catches it.
Side Taunt- Does a mid-air flip and lands with a victory pose shouting: "Wahoo!"
Down Taunt- Takes off his Pac-man cap, twirls it on his finger, then flips it back on.

Entrance
-Klonoa slides into battle on his hoverboard.

Victory Theme
Vision Clear (Klonoa: Empire of Dreams- Game Boy Advance)

Victory Stance(s)
-Klonoa makes the peace sign to the camera.
-Does his Side Taunt.
-Stands triumphantly while a Moo sleeps beside him.

Snake Codec
Snake: Otacon, there's a wierd looking cat boy here with large floppy ears!
Otacon: That's Klonoa, Snake! Also known as the Dream Traveler! He hails from a world made of dreams!
Snake: He's from a dreamworld? No wonder. His attacks are so strange. What's with that ring he's holding?
Otacon: That's the Wind Ring. The gem fixed on it fires a concentrated bolt of wind which catches enemies and pulls them toward him. It's a powerful weapon, indeed!
Snake: That's his only weapon?
Otacon: It appears so. Why?
Snake: No reason. You don't need a bunch of gadgets to win a battle!

D

Deleted member

You don't have to repost it. There's an edit button for a reason.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Lol, I was gone from this thread for a week and it grows more than 80 pages.
ANYWAY.
Klonoa looks pretty good, though he still needs some more detail in a few areas.
ANYWAY #2.
After much consideration, I'm going to do Alice(like promised), and Yuri, both from a "tales of ___" game. And the announcer from the SSB series.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Darkserenade: FAILURE! SUCCESS! BRAWL! ROB! Lu-CAR-Rio! TRAINING MODE! ZAMUS!

Klonoa is looking good! You might want to put in a few links, however, explaining what a moo, erbil, or boomie is, because for the life of me I haven't got a clue.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
His Final Smash should be, "WOW! INCREDIBLE!" I have no idea how you're gonna work all that, but it would be cool, and that's like the best thing he ever says to you.

quadz08

Smash Cadet
if you missed it. i've been working on the list of characters people have made over the pages which HeoandReo did, but he hasn't been on the a month. anyway here it is.

Sorry if this seems a bit nitpicky, but I don't think I'm on there. (I did Ben Franklin.)

EDIT: Just kidding. Obviously it's not updated enough to have me in it. My bad.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I told you I'm not Taro!

[nandaba naota]
[canti]

//:[bEFORE WE GET STARTED---]

[ABOUT/]

Naota Nandaba, at twelve years of age, is the main character of the 2000 anime Fooly Cooly. His name is derived from the Japanese word for "honesty" and his father named him Naota because of that. Naota is obsessed with appearing mature and attempts to act so all the time. Naota is picky about his drinks, and hates spicy food.

Due to Naota's "right kind of head", the Galactic Space Patrol Brotherhood/Stellar Fraternity Investigator Haruhara Haruko contacts him, and attempts to utilize his head as an N.O. Channel, which is used to transport (in Naota's case) skyscraper-sized objects an infinite distance across space and time. Through some...fortuitous circumstances, Naota finds himself caught in the crossfire of a battle between Haruko, Medical Mechanica (an enormous inter-galactic business conglomerate), and Commander Amarao (who works for the department of Interstellar Immigration).

[VIDEOS.no spoilers/]​

[STYLE/]​
Naota's more of an all-around fighter, rather than one with a particular specialty. He's projectile-equipped, has a decent air game, and when handled right, has no problem scoring hits and KOs on the ground. However, there are a number of things to beware of. His lone long-range attack is quite powerful, but shouldn't be abused, as it comes with some major drawbacks if it's messed with. Without Canti, his battle prowess isn't that great. In fact, it's pretty bad. Naota by himself has a pretty tough time taking out his enemies. His overall style is generally pretty strange, relying more on passing hits and skilled manipulation of his Special Moves and the quirks that a lot of his standard attacks hold. He's not a character for beginners, anyway.

[STATS X.5/]​

\Offense: 3
\Speed: 5
\Weight: 4
\Jump Height: 5
\Fall Speed: 5
\Recovery: 7
\Range: 6
\Attack Speed: 6

[PROS.CONS/]

[+]
  • Powerful projectile with a huge hit-radius.
  • Amazing Final Smash.
  • Skill-based techniques!
  • Most moves have quirky functions!

[-]
  • Below-par basic abilities.
  • Light and easy to KO.
  • Skill-based techniques...
  • Most moves have quirky functions...

[SKILLS/]

• Naota can crawl along the ground.
  • He can also wall-jump, though only once.
  • Technically, he has two forms (though Adult Mode doesn't function like a regular character).
  • Naota, surprisingly, is able to glide.

//:[bUSINESS AS USUAL]

[Standards/]
[A, A, A] / Naota strums a chord on his personal guitar, the Gibson Flying V. Tapping the button multiple times will make him play a amateur version of "Ride on Shooting Star", FLCL's ending theme. Enemies near him take damage, and those right next to him are knocked back by the sound (1-5% depending on distance)

info: Really big range here. The attack can damage from a whole Shield Roll-distance away from Naota in all directions, though at that range, it'll only deal 1 (maybe 2) damage per note, and no knockback at all. If you want to send someone away, you'll have to use the move when Naota's model is actually in physical contact with them, which is easier said then done, given the less-than-stellar speed of the attack. Still though, the enormous, invisible hitbox is a great feature.

[Side] / He pulls a canned drink out of his pocket and takes a short gulp--but oh, wait, it's the sour kind! With a disgusted "bleh!", Naota chucks the half-empty can away, as he would throw a regular item (2-4%)

info: The can goes the same distance a Turnip or Bomb would, though it's much weaker, and you can't hold onto the can to use it later. As the can flies, and when it hits an enemy/the ground, liquid flies out of it's opening. This is a good technique to use for mixing things up, but it takes Naota a second to drink the stuff, then whip it away, so use it sparingly.

[Up] / Naota pulls out a small, red, portable videogame console, and begins tapping away. Soon, monochrome pillars of fire made of pixels sprout to Naota's front and back, alternating in that order, reaching up above him to deal with airborne threats (5-7% per pillar)

info: If you hold in the A button, Naota will play the videogame indefinitely, causing more gouts of 2D flame to explode around him. Note that there's usually about a one second delay between each flame, though the first one comes out about as soon he starts playing. Beware though, for if the move is used too much, eventually the game system runs out of batteries, and the move won't have any effect until Naota gets KO'd and respawns.

[Down] / Naota stands up, then looks around, as if he hears something. Suddenly, a blue Rickenbacker 4001S flies onto the stage from above, pegging Naota right on top of the head, and burying him from the waist up in the ground...upside down. Any foe near Naota is similarly entombed (10%)

info: If a player gets between the guitar and Naota, they'll be knocked away, but will only take 1% damage. If you want to hit a player with the actual attack, they're going to have to be within a character-length of Naota (in any direction, even the air). The good news is that the move is fast, powerful, and sticks your opponents in the ground, like a Pitfall, only they're upside down (so only their legs are showing)...and while Naota is in the same position, at least he doesn't take any damage.

[Dash] / Even though he's not as good as his brother, Naota's still a fine baseball player. As he runs, he digs down into a fast slide for home plate, tripping up any in his path (2%)

info: The slide covers a long distance, and is an automatic trip for any enemy on the ground caught by it. The hitbox extends above Naota's outstretched leg a little, so it's got a good area of coverage. A good move to use a lot, as it's fast and comes out quick, with little lag on either end.

[Smashes/]
[Side] / Naota lets loose with a huge, swinging punch...but what's that in his hand? Two strips of nori? Well...whatever. If the attack hits, the foe takes solid damage and knockback, and has the seaweed (nori) stuck above their eyes, where their eyebrows usually are (10-14% uncharged, 18-19% charged)

info: Those...eyebrows. An opponent wearing the eyebrows can't use their Neutral Special, though they'll fall off after ten or fifteen seconds, depending on whether the attack was charged or not. The range, speed, and other technical aspects all strongly resemble most generic Forward Smash Attacks (Mario, Kirby, Samus, etc.). What sets it apart is it's restrictive properties and higher-than-usual attack speed. A good move to use for scoring KOs while outside of Adult Mode.

[Up] / Naota drops to the ground and faces upward, pulls two Airsoft Uzis out of his pockets, and unleashes a rapid barrage of shots above him. The move hits and damages like Bullet Seed, though with an ending hit that knocks the enemy away (1-2% rapid hits, 4-5% uncharged finisher, 7-8% charged finisher)

info: The move damages and draws in like Bullet Seed, true, but you can't hold in the button to make it last longer. If you manage to hit someone from start to finish, an uncharged attack will usually do around 15 or 16 damage in total. Also of note: Naota's flat against the ground as he uses this move, making him shorter even than he is while crouching--so in a pinch, it can be used to dodge most attacks, while simultaneously countering with an attack of your own.

[Down] / Using the "windmill" method, Naota strikes one deep, powerful strum on his guitar, sending an almost-invisible wave of multi-colored energy bouncing off against the ground to both sides of him (6-8% uncharged, 10-12% charged)

info: What's really cool about this is that after the move, there's a period where Naota's still in the pose, hand held high, where the player can use the move again...and again, and again, and again. This makes for an endless series of windmill playing, which can even trap larger foes at low percentages in them for a while. There's a gap between strums when Naota's vulnerable, but still, it can be very handy for keeping your foe off-guard.

[Aerials/]
[A] / Naota puts his guitar up in a batter's stance, and gathers up the gumption to swing. This lasts for a few seconds, during which time pressing A again will make Naota swing, hitting right in front of him for moderate damage and knockback (8-10%)

info: The actual attack requires two presses to activate--just pressing A does nothing for you but take away your recovery options for two seconds. The advantage is that once Naota's in his stance, the subsequent swing comes out with no lag, has great priority, and reaches pretty far around him. So use those two seconds to surprise your enemies with when you attack--right off the "bat", or near the end, after Naota's fallen a ways.

[Forward] / Naota lines up his guitar as one would aim a rifle or a pool cue, and jabs the neck forward into the enemy. There's a really small sweetspot at the tip of the guitar, on the very last tuning peg (6% normal, 15-16% sweetspotted)

info: The sweetspot is tempting, but unless your target is above Naota, it won't hit, as the attack hits right around the same level as Naota's forehead, which makes it practically useless against enemies on the ground. On the other hand, it's a quick, powerful attack in the air, when used properly.

[Back] / Naota leans backwards into a semi-backflip, like Lucas' Back Aerial. However, rather than kick-spiking his foe, Naota raises his guitar over and behind his head, then swings it over top of himself--meaning it hits the enemy from below, sending them flying upwards (11-12%)

info: The exact opposite of his Forward Air--a great tool for enemies below Naota, while ones above him can usually avoid it. There's a massive amount of ending lag if Naota touches ground before righting himself, obviously. The move takes about as long as Ike's Forward to execute, though, so you can usually pull off the entire thing and get right-side up before landing during a single, full jump.

[Up] / Naota performs what looks like a miniature Shuttle Loop as he hops on his guitar, and rides it as one would a surfboard (5% loop, 1-2% collision)

info: Don't worry--the "loop" is basically as big as Naota. He does a quick backflip in midair as he puts the guitar underneath him, smacking away any foes above him as he does so. He'll then glide downwards, like any gliding character does, although in Naota's case, he moves about twice as fast, and if he runs into an opponent, they'll take some light, flinching damage. You can press the A button to exit the glide early, but there's no "Glide Attack" if you do so (like Charizard's spinning attack or Pit's unique slash).

[Down/] Clutching his guitar to his chest, Naota looks below him and sweeps from left to right with one leg, kicking with the inside of his foot, as if dribbling a soccer ball. The knockback is horizontal, in the direction Naota kicked (7-9%)

info: Obviously he'd kick right to left if he was facing the opposite direction. And if the soccer analogy didn't do it for you, think of the way a person might shift a small box out of their path with their foot. This is an actual kick, rather than a gentle push, so it's much faster and has some weight behind it, but as long as you get the idea...

[Grabs.Throws/]
[Grab] / Holding his guitar at both ends of the neck, Naota thrusts it forward while holding it horizontal and parallel to his chest, causing the strap to fly forward and loop around his foe's neck or back. Slightly longer than normal grabs, but not a full tether (so no tether recovery either)
[Pummel] / Naota plucks a short series of notes, the reverberations of which damage the trapped enemy (1-10%)

info: The extra range comes at a slight exchange of speed, but it's nothing to get worried over. Regarding the damage: you can tap A at a moderate speed, and it'll act like a regular pummel, dealing 1 or 2 damage at a decent pace. But if you really hammer away on the attack button, Naota will perform a miniature solo, dealing 10% damage...though the enemy will always escape after he finishes.

[Forward] / "Idiot", says Naota as he releases his enemy...and kicks them sharply in the shin (8%)

info: There's no knockback here, but it always trips. It takes about 1 and 1/2 seconds from the time you press ">" to the time Naota kicks, so watch out for interlopers.

[Back] / Naota grips his guitar like a bat, and turns around while lifting it over his head, finally slamming it down on the ground behind him...and of course, the enemy is caught in the strap (near the body) during the entirety (5-7%)

info: The cool thing here is that the swinging guitar has a huge arc that goes all around Naota, making it easy to bat away other opponents next to or above him...though this is the weakest of all his throws.

[Up] / Naota tosses his opponent lightly above him, then, facing them all the while, winds up a swing of his guitar beneath them--when suddenly, a long finger-like appendage bursts up from his forehead, poking the airborne enemy and sending them flying away...and causing Naota to trip in surprise and shock (11%)

info: Naota will always trip, but this does the most damage of all his throws, is quick and fast, and has almost-totally vertical knockback. And hey, you get invincibility frames when you fall down, right? So...there's always that...

[Down] / The foe is dropped to the ground, and Naota plants the body of his guitar in their stomach as he kneels down over them. Rapid damage is dealt by a series of soundwaves as he plucks a fast string of notes on the guitar (8-10%)

info: Yep, no knockback. The damage is solid, and it leaves your opponent where they were, so it's great for racking up early damage.

[Specials/]

[B: Canti!] / By shouting his name to the sky, Naota calls his robotic ally to the field. When on the ground, Canti slams down next to Naota, damaging those around him. In the air, he zooms up from below, catching him and bringing him upwards while knocking aside enemies in the way at the same time (4-6% ground slam, 2-3% air shove)

Once summoned, Canti will attempt to "absorb" Naota (his torso mutates into a pair of giant, animal-like jaws that chew Naota up). This can be stopped by being attacked, in which case Canti flies off-stage, slightly dazed. If it's successful, however, Canti turns from his normal shade of teal to a violent red. A fraction of the Pirate King Atomsk's power is transferred to Canti via Naota's N.O. Channel, activating "Adult Mode". In this mode, you control Canti (with Naota inside), who has the following properties:
  • Two mid-air jumps.
  • No Down Special.
  • [Neutral and Side Special: Overdrive Technique"] / Cannot be used in the air. Canti transforms into a giant bazooka/cannon/sniper rifle, and fires a large, molten round of energy that flies quickly along the ground before looping around in an upwards arc and going back into the barrel of the gun (15-18%)
  • Only has one Standard [A: TV Boy/] Canti twists about to look at his back, and, startled by the NERV-made Umbilical Power Cord plugged in there, panics and tugs it out. After five minutes pass from this point, Canti explodes, automatically KO'ing himself, while dealing tremendous damage to those around him (1-3% during panic, 50% self-destruction)
  • Only has one Tilt [Tilt A: Family "M"/] Canti suddenly stands rigid, and pulls out an old-fashioned rug beater. He makes a solid swing with it without moving his body (besides his arm) right ahead of him, sending foes flying away in a dusty cloud (9-12%)
  • Only has one Smash [Smash A: Round-and-Roundhouse Kick/] Canti hops a few inches into the air and rotates fully three times in midair while winding up. At the fourth turn, he exits with a tremendously powerful kick, sending his opponent flying directly to the side (1-3% windup vacuum 17-20% uncharged 26-27% charged exit kick)
  • Only has one Aerial [Air A: God of Black Flame/] In midair, Canti takes on a kneeling position, hands meeting in prayer and screen facing skyward. Suddenly, a bright ray of light strikes him from above, and for an instant...are those angel wings? And a halo? ...Anyway, enemies near Canti as the radiance surrounds him are damaged by his "holy absolution" (13-14% absolution)
  • No grab or throws.
info: First, some specifics: once Adult Mode is initiated, Canti turns a violent shade of red, rather than his usual subdued blue. As he fights, that red color slowly fades back to his regular blue. This indicates how much power he has left. Similar to Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard's fatigue mechanic, as Canti runs low on power, his attacks become slightly slower, and all of them deal 1/2 as much damage and knockback, and is only able to jump once in midair. You're never forced to revert to playing as Naota, but by doing so, Canti will "recharge his batteries" while off-screen.

Once summoned and dismissed, Canti cannot be called again for ten seconds. Finally, for Canti's attacks: pressing any direction on the control stick and A will do his lone Tilt. Smashing in any direction will result in his single Smash Attack. And in the air? You guessed it--any direction gets you God of Black Flame.

Overdrive Technique = The round that's fired from this is actually Naota! Normally, there's no way to damage him during this, but as he makes the vertical U-turn to go back to Canti, there's a small window of opportunity where an enemy can attack him, knocking him out of the sky, and causing Canti to glitch up and explode. Until Naota loses a life, he can't call Canti again, and he's vulnerable for a good long while after being knocked out of the sky, too.

TV Boy = Obviously this has little use outside of stock matches or longer timed ones. Canti flails about a bit as he rips out the UPC, dealing slight damage, but the hitbox is right on him, so it's unlikely it'll be used for that purpose alone. The explosion is a very difficult move to use effectively, as there's no visible timer, and it resets if Canti is KO'd. But the blast radius is pretty sizeable (comparable to, but a bit larger than Electrode), and 99% of the time, it'll result in an instant KO on against any enemy it hits, regardless of damage.

Family "M" = Canti's primary ground attack. It's fast, has little lag, and has good power and range. It's only real drawback is it's height: it goes off at Canti's shoulder-level, which leaves a good number of shorter characters out of range while they're on the ground. When you hit somebody with this, a big puff of obscuring smoke is left where contact was made for a while.

Round-and-Roundhouse Kick = As Canti winds up (the first three spins), he slowly rises further into the air while drawing nearby enemies in. If they get caught in that vacuum, they'll almost always be hit by the final kick. It does a great amount of damage, and has very useful knockback, but Canti sort of "floats" back to the ground after hanging in the air for a second after that awesome kick...so in other words, it's punishable if you miss.

God of Black Flame = There's a slight half-second delay after input before the light hits Canti. Other than that, this is an amazing Aerial. It slows down Canti's descent speed, so can be used for recovery purposes too. And the range is a complete circle around Canti, and works like a sex-kick, as the "Holy Aura" takes a while to wear off.

[Side: N.O. Channel] / Naota's innate ability to move large objects from one point in space to another (no matter how far away they are) using his head as the gateway is put to use here: a randomly-selected Medical Mechanica Robot will shoot through the opened Channel and perform an attack before retreating back through the gate, leaving Naota slightly dazed. This builds up over time, and is usable once you see a bright, highly-focused red light emanating from Naota's head, and can hear a quiet, high-pitched buzzing noise...
  • [MMRone/] - A giant, robotic forearm and hand the size of Naota springs from his forehead and flies forward, attached to a length of thick wire. After going so far, it retracts into Naota's head. If it connects with an enemy, however, it pulls them back inside with it. Once in Naota's head, MMRone proceeds to thoroughly beat up the enemy, though from the outside, it just looks like something heavy's being knocked around inside Naota's head as he stumbles about in shock. Eventually the enemy is spit back out, and the Channel closes (13-14%)
  • [MMRthree/] - A bulbous, balloon-like sack, with what resemble two pairs of scissors for...legs pops out of the top of Naota's head, causing him to steadily rise into the air. Any enemy that gets close to him during this time will be snipped at by the scissor-legs for light damage (3-5% per snip)
  • [MMRfive/] - An enormous being barrels out of Naota's head, shooting into the ground beneath him (though it'll go through drop-though platforms). Then, suddenly, five giant hands burst from the ground, each wielding a different weapon (revolver, automatic handgun, uzi, shotgun, tommy gun) that fire upward and outward at an angle, damaging foes in range (Revolver = 9% medium range and single shot, Handgun = 4-5% medium range and single shot, Uzi = 1-3% short range and five shots, Shotgun = 15-18% short range and single shot, Tommy Gun = 3% medium range and three shots)
  • [Gibson EB-0 1961 Model/] - You have to be extremely lucky to get this. Like, 1 in 1,000,000,000 lucky. Naota pulls the Pirate King Atomsk's guitar, the Gibson EB-0 1961 Model, from his head, and from then on, fights with it rather than his regular guitar, the Gibson Flying V. All guitar-based attacks are slightly faster and almost twice as powerful when wielding the legendary instrument.

info: You can tell what's going to come out of Naota's head next by the shape it forms inside his head. MMRone resembles a giant, abstract finger protruding from Naota's forhead. MMRthree is a pair or gray cat ears (with a cute white fringe on the ends!), and MMRfive looks like the hammer of a revolver protruding from the back of his skull. The move takes roughly thirty seconds to reach the point where it can be used. Inputting it earlier will only make Naota groan and clutch his head, doing nothing but making him open to attack. Finally, getting the EB-0 is really a one in a billion chance. It's that rare.

[Up: Sleepy Head] / Naota puts his hands in his pockets and sighs. If used in Adult Mode, Canti extends his arms straight out to either side, and lets out a burst of electricity that arcs down from his lofted limbs to the ground, damaging those near him. This drains him of all his power, and forces him to "eject" Naota, after which he flies off-stage (3-16% electricity, depending)

info: The move does nothing outside of Adult Mode. Just think of it as a fourth taunt in that case. Otherwise, this is how the player returns from Adult Mode, if they want to use Naota again, or are out of energy and want Canti to recharge. When used in the air, the lightning simply has a longer reach (going all the way to the stage, like Thunder, though with much less knockback), though Naota's more easily punished as he falls helpless to the ground.

[Down: Swing the Bat.Crazy Sunshine] / Naota grips his guitar and takes a batting pose. Any attack that hits him when in this pose will still deal all it's damage, but will only knock him away a set distance (about as much as an uncharged Smash Attack would at 0%). Once in a great while, however, he'll swing his "bat", returning the attack immediately to it's sender (even if it's a projectile) for 2.5x the damage

info: The odds of getting "Crazy Sunshine" rather than "Swing the Bat" are 1 in 50, though that amount gets lower the further along Naota's N.O. Channel is to fruition (with the odds being 1 in 25 at most). Regarding projectiles: even if there's a wall or other obstacle between Naota and the sniper, Crazy Sunshine can ignore that, sending the projectile through solid matter back to where it came from in the blink of an eye. There's significant lag on the end of Swing the Bat, though it gets more and more useful as Naota takes more damage, and becomes more at risk of being launched off-stage.

[FINAL SMASH/]

[I Think I Can] / If not already in Adult Mode, Canti swoops down and absorbs Naota. Atomsk, the Pirate King, manifests through Canti, with Naota being the catalyst. Atomsk's symbol appears on Canti's screen when he absorbs Naota; the symbol is usually a perversion of the character for "Adult", but here it more resembles the symbol for "Child". Once Naota is absorbed, a brilliant red flash erupts from Canti's screen, out of which crawls Naota--suffused with all of Atomsk's unlimited power. He wields both his own Flying V and Atomsk's EB-0, and can fly quickly about the stage at will.

Running into an enemy does no damage, but pressing "A" will cause Naota to swing one of his guitars, and if this attack hits an opponent, they take tremendous damage (20-25%) and are knocked away at an angle. Note that Naota's momentum stays intact as he swings, so picking up speed before swinging can result in a hitbox that stretches an incredible distance along the level, but requires more time divested towards it, as the player must first fly around to build up speed (after swinging, Naota slows down to a near-stop).

Pressing "B" right after hitting an enemy will make Naota warp towards them at the speed of light, intercepting their flight path. Positioned like so, if the player can press A again just as the opponent reaches Naota, he'll swing both guitars in a powerful overhand downward swing, spiking the opponent in the opposite direction along the same path they just traveled up (in other words, if they were knocked straight left, they'll now go straight right, and so on), dealing slightly more damage than a normal hit (22-28%). However, this gets harder to do the higher the enemy's % is, and takes up a large amount of time to perform, so it's not something you'll want to do all the time.

Sometimes, when attacking, Naota will randomly combine his guitars into a single, twin-necked version, and thrust them ahead of him as he charges forward. The only difference here is the amount of time the hitbox is present for--it's about twice as
long as in the latter case, though the chances of getting this special attack are about 1 in 12.

info: Naota's totally invincible, and controls similar to Super Sonic, though even better. The attack lasts for only 18 seconds though, so make it count.

//:[uNECESSARY THINGS]

[SYMBOL/]

[TAUNTS/]

[1] / Naota cries out just as he does during his Neutral Special "Canti!"...but, as a small pop-up window shows, Canti's too busy reading a certain "magazine" to bother. Irritated, Naota shrugs and gets back into the battle.
[2] / Crosses his arms and looks slightly down his nose at his opponent as he asks "Hey, what's up with that?"
[3] / Naota doubles over and clutches his head as the N.O. Channel flares up, bulging out of his head in random directions. After three seconds, the taunt ends and he returns to normal. This has the effect of randomly changing the order of MM Robots that his Side Special generates.

[KIRBY/]​
Depending on Naota's outfit, Kirby will either get his baseball helmet, pulled-up hood, Puss-in-Boots costume, or simply his unkempt brown hair.

[CODEC.Conversation/]​

Snake: This kid seems pretty normal. Anything I should know about him, Otacon?
Otacon: ...!
Snake: ...Otacon? What's wrong?
Otacon: S-Snake, can I ask you a favor?
Snake: Uh, sure, what?
Otacon: Can you get that kid's autograph for me?
Snake: What?
Otacon: Please Snake--that's Nandaba "Takkun" Naota, from Studio Gainax's landmark "new millenium" original video animation, "Fooly Cooly", abbreviated as "FLCL"--although it's still pronounced "Fooly Cooly". FLCL was written by the great Yoji Enokido, directed by Kazuya Tsurumaki and produced by the FLCL Production Committee, which included Gainax, Production I.G, and Starchild Records. Fooly Cooly follows Naota Nandaba--that's the young boy you're up against, Snake--a twelve-year-old boy living in the fictional Japanese suburb of Mabase, and his interactions with Haruko Haruhara, who arrives in the quiet suburb, drawn by the industrial town houses and the Medical Mechanica building. It's a really crazy, wacky show that's also got a ton of depth in it--everything from the dialog to the animation is packed with subliminal messages and hidden meanings. Basically, organized chaos. If you can dig through all the insane scenarios and hilarious in-jokes, you'll find a really amazing story about growing up and dealing with life.
Snake: ...
Otacon: Anyway, it's one of my favorite shows, and an autograph from it's main character would be a truly priceless gift. So, what do you think?
Snake: ...
Otacon: ...Snake?
Snake: ...Huh? Oh, sorry Otacon. I guess I kind of zoned out there for a while. Did you say something?
Otacon: I asked if you could get Naota's autograph for me Snake. Well?
Snake: Uh, sorry Otacon, but I'm a little busy here. Souvenirs'll have to wait.
Otacon: But Snake--
Snake: *end transmission*

[WIN THEME/]

The initial riff, along with the first stanza of White Ash.

[WIN ANIMATIONS/]

[1] / Cocking an eyebrow and looking apologetically at the player, Naota tells them "Nothing amazing ever happens here" while planting his guitar on the ground in front of him.
[2] / Canti and Naota play along to the Win Theme with their respective guitars, ending with backs turned to the player, cool poses struck.
[3] / Naota choppily drives around the stage on a sunglow Piaggio Vespa SS 180, before stopping in front of the player and blowing on his mysteriously-burned fingers.
[LOSE] /Hands in pockets, Naota turns his head and stares disinterestedly off to the side.

[ALT. OUTFITS/]

[Casual] / Standard-issue home-wear. A white tee with blue sleeves and regular khaki shorts.
[Airsoft] / His hood's raised, and he wears a beige bandana over his face and a blue ribbon tied around his right bicep, as well as a pair of clear-orange goggles to protect him from all the "live ammunition" going around.
[Puss] / School plays are for little kids. But Naota is a kid...? This is the outfit he wears during his school's presentation of "Puss in Boots", in which he plays the part of The Master Cat.

[STAGE/ Mabase: Medica Mechanica Factory]​

See that Ironing Press-shaped structure up there? That's the primary battleground. Players fight on top of the factory, with the option to get off of it and step onto the ground of the town the factory's located in: Mabase. You can't go very far though, as the stage cuts off a short way away from the factory. After a short period of time, a giant, disembodied hand will fall crashing from the sky, to land next to the factory (in this case, in the background), poised as if to grab the iron. After the smoke has cleared, battle returns to normal. If the battle continues for much longer though, the hand will "activate", and slowly reach down to eventually grip the handle of the iron, crushing players in the way (25% and huge knockback, though it's easy to see coming, and very slow). After this, the hand will proceed to run the factory around Mabase, destroying everything in it's path--forcing the inhabitants to "think smooth". During this time, the ground of Mabase works like Big Blue's, though only about 1/4 as fast-moving. Also, if you get run over by the factory (stand in front of it), you'll be caught underneath it. As it passes over the character, you take tremendous damage (upwards of 40%) through multiple hits, though no knockback is done. However, when you come out the other side, you'll be presented in 2D, as though you were fighting on Flat Zone or Hanenbow.

Once Mabase is smoothed out, the hand releases it's grip on the factory, and falls backwards, creating a huge burst of dust on impact. Once the clouds disperse...Mabase is back to normal!?

[MUSIC/]
--- Little Busters ---

--- Hybrid Rainbow ---

--- Carnival ---

--- One Life ---

--- Bran-new Lovesong ---

--- I Think I Can ---

--- Ride on Shooting Star ---

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Evilgidgit

Smash Apprentice
I'm guessing this Nanaba fella is from that /Hack show. I like how you styled it like a computer programme. :laugh:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Another beautifully crafted moveset from the hands of Mendez, even if it's incomplete, it's painfully obvious the massive amount of time that's gone in to this baby already. The specials have ridiculous amounts of thought to them as well as the stage, although the final smash needs more. . ."flash" imo. Maybe give him a second attack for B? In any case, getting run over the stage and turning 2D is totally and utterly brilliant. Even if I can't fully picture the stage, I almost love it as much as your moveset.

The first thing that jumps out at me after reading it all is. . .How do things come out of the guy's head in the alt costumes with helmets/hats? Wouldn't they be blocked by said helmet/hat? Also feels strange that an obscure character like him gets so many alt costumes while everybody else is left in the dark. . .Even if the character has several suitable alt costumes, I try to keep it to one entire costume change at the most.

There also feels like there's too many "luck" elements in the moveset. Some are fine, and ones that would never happen are also fine, but I still don't fully understand the down B when it's not the 1 in 50 chance.So he has no up B recovery? Better hope he has some exceptional jumps or a tether recovery with his grab.Win pose 2 is epic, but still needs a 3rd win pose. The codec is also insanely and unrealistically long to actually be in the game, but there's a first time for everything, right? I can see people annoying people with the length of this codec, adding all the more to the fun. Would you mind giving us a few more pictures. . .? 99.9% probably haven't watched this anime, and I'd actually like to know what Canti looks like.

In any case, I'm just nitpicking this great moveset. Looking forward to the full thing, mendez. Although, one last question. . .Why will this one be your last? Time constraints?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Nice work as always Mendez.

I've added Elegost to the 3rd Agers moveset. He's definitely worth reading, as he is a very unique characters move wise.

That just leaves Hadhod, Morwen, and Eaoden, as well as the extra stuff before that moveset is done.

Edit:
Pages 21-25 have been graded.
Lol... 2 movesets... to bad the whole contest can't be that easy to grade. Sadly they were both really bad movesets to. =(

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
"Evilgidgit said:
I'm guessing this Nanaba fella is from that /Hack show.
EDUCATE THINESELF = Not a YouTube link.

The first thing that jumps out at me after reading it all is. . .How do things come out of the guy's head in the alt costumes with helmets/hats? Wouldn't they be blocked by said helmet/hat?
Well, the only outfit it outright wouldn't work with is his baseball uniform, due to the more solid helmet...maybe I'll just get rid of that...

The others are all made of cloth, so can stretch to fit his "growths". All the things that come through the N.O. Channel exit through his forehead, which is never covered by anything.

Also feels strange that an obscure character like him gets so many alt costumes while everybody else is left in the dark. . .Even if the character has several suitable alt costumes, I try to keep it to one entire costume change at the most.
but I still don't fully understand the down B when it's not the 1 in 50 chance.
To do that, I probably need to explain where I got the idea from.

In episode 4 of FLCL, "Fullswing", the plot sort of revolves around baseball. There's this idea that Naota's still a kid, and so "doesn't swing his bat", instead choosing to just let the balls go right by him. By doing so, he doesn't risk his reputation (if you don't swing, it can't be said that you can't hit, see?). Of course, later on, he does "swing the bat", which is where Crazy Sunshine comes from.

So translate that into Smash Bros. terms, and you get a pseudo-Counter that has him taking damage, but he never risks anything in return. And once in a great while, he'll actually swing the bat, and when he does, the "adult" in him shows itself.

So he has no up B recovery? Better hope he has some exceptional jumps or a tether recovery with his grab.
If you look closely, when he uses his Neutral B in the air, Canti flies up from beneath him, raising him up as they go. It takes him up at a slight angle about as far as Mario or Marth's would.

And if you're playing as Canti, you have his Aerial and an extra jump to work with as far as recovery goes.

The codec is also insanely and unrealistically long to actually be in the game, but there's a first time for everything, right? I can see people annoying people with the length of this codec, adding all the more to the fun. Would you mind giving us a few more pictures. . .? 99.9% probably haven't watched this anime, and I'd actually like to know what Canti looks like.
Yeah, it would really help if people had seen FLCL before reading this. In fact, why not? All six episodes are easily found on YouTube for sale in handy complete box sets that go for less than 50$ on Amazon. You really will not be disapointed.

Anyways, the CODEC. It really can't be any other way. Using a character from FLCL would get that exact reaction from Otacon, whose name is derived from a convention for anime nerds. And it's not that long: try reading it out loud, and see how long it takes you.

Oh, and Canti's got a picture now.

Although, one last question. . .Why will this one be your last? Time constraints?
Basically. I recently have a lot of other things going on, so divesting large amounts of time to writing these things isn't really feasible anymore fore me.

I'll still be around and commenting/reviewing on MoS, just not actually submitting anymore.

P.S. Thanks much for so many comments/concerns. Always good to get some reaction, y'know? :chuckle:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Holy crap, Spade's back. I've nearly done it - Lassi from Kovomaka Students on page 111 is (nearly) finished! Yay! =D

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Leonardo's move set was great. I loved the conecpt of the different turtles giving Leonardo different recoveries.

Naota/Canti move set looks cool so far.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Future events: Yami and Yugi have joined the Brawl.

Moveset coming soon to forum near you...

Wow that sounds corny. Yeah, I'll type up my moveset in a few days, or longer. I still have to finish Yugi and make Yami.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Wow, that looks pretty epic so far, Mendez. Looking forward to the rest, and I'll see if I can't watch the anime on Youtube get my hands on it when I find the time, as it sounds pretty intriguing.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Crono

Due to how, um... Well, straight-up bad his earlier moveset was, I took it upon myself to make some major improvements, and so I present to you, ladies and gentlemen...

CRONO

INTRO
Crono, the silent protagonist of the (incredibly awesome) game Chrono Trigger, joins the Brawl! Weilding various swords and also possessing the powers of Lightning-based magic, Crono’s a force to be reckoned with!

STORY
After meeting a young girl named Marle at a local fair in 1000 AD, a strange twist of events revolving around Marle’s family heirloom, a mysterious pendant, sends Crono, Marle, and Crono’s friend Lucca four-hundred years into the past. Marle is there mistaken for Queen Leene, who has gone missing. After rescuing the real Queen with the help of Frog, a skilled amphibious swordsman sworn to protect the Queen, the three travel back to Guardia in 1000 AD, where Crono is accused of kidnapping Marle (actually the princess Nadia), and is thrown in jail and set to be executed. Crono escapes his prison, finding that Lucca had just come to help rescue him. When the guards rush in, Crono, Lucca, and Marle quickly exit the castle, and find themselves with only the choice to perform another time jump, this time finding themselves in the distant future, circa 3200 AD. There they discover the artificial life-form Robo, and discover that the world has been destroyed by a creature called Lavos. Resolving to change the future, the group sets out to defeat Lavos, transcending time and space to do so. Crono, Lucca, and Marle team up with Robo, and later join forces again with Frog, as well as encountering new allies like the prehistoric cavewoman Ayla and Frog’s nemesis, Magus, a powerful wizard. The group eventually confronts and defeats Lavos, changing their future for the better. Whew… I think I got a little carried away there, but I could’ve written so much more… For more details, PLAY THE FREAKING GAME!! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!

CHARACTER OVERVIEW
Crono’s a swordsman similar in stature to Link. However, his lack of additional weaponry makes him a good bit different, as does his Lightning magic. In terms of stats, however, he’s very similar, and Link players should find him relatively easy to adjust to. He lacks Link’s ranged Specials, but makes up for it with powerful, sometimes unpredictable ones.

STATS
Size: Mid-Large ~ Roughly Link’s size
Weight: Mid
Jump1: Mid
Jump2: Mid-Low
FallSpeed: Mid
RunSpeed: Mid
AttackSpeed: Mid
Power: Mid
Jumps: 2
Crouch: Mid
Wall-Kick: No
Wall-Cling: No
Glide: No
Crawl: No

STANDARD ATTACKS
Standard Combo – Slasher – Crono uses the sword “Slasher” to do a very fast combo. You don’t have to press A multiple times or hold the button to use this three-part combo. Crono slashes the sword diagonally downward, then along the same path, but the opposite direction, then spins and finishes with a strong horizontal blow. The sword is light, which is why it’s so fast, but also means it does little damage and knockback. Medium-short range. 3% + 3% +4%.

Side-Tilt A – Red Katana – Crono uses the Red Katana, a sword the flames when slashed, to slash horizontally forward. This causes fire damage, but all in all, isn’t too powerful. Medium range. Low knockback. 7% damage.

Up-Tilt A – Spark – Crono lifts both hands above his head, and a burst of Lightning magic flashes at his fingertips, then disappears. This move will shock enemies and does multi-hit damage, so catching opponents from the beginning is key to maximizing the potential of this move. Medium-short range. Low knockback. Up to 10% damage.

Down-Tilt A – Ground Shock – Crono clenches a fist and pounds it to the ground. This creates a ground-based field of electricity around him, in both directions. However, it doesn’t extend far, and will only hit opponents who are actually touching the ground. Short range. Low knockback. 5% damage. The shock lingers for about a second after Crono uses the move.

Dash Attack – Lode Sword – Crono rushes forward, holding the Lode Sword vertically in front of him as he slides along the ground. Because of the sword’s design, it is quite strong, but it causes the move to have considerable startup lag, and Crono doesn’t slide very far with it. Short range. Mid-High knockback. 12% damage.

SMASH ATTACKS
Side Smash – Slash – Crono slashes his sword forward, similar to how Link does for the first of his two-part Side Smash. However, Crono’s Smash does not carry the possibility of a second slash. Rather, it fires out a powerful burst of energy when he slashes, giving this Smash a deceptively long range for a sword attack. The actual slash of the sword does 14-20% damage, at medium range, with a high knockback. The energy blast that it emits does 8-12% damage, at long range, with medium-high knockback. Due to this being a generally high-knockback move with excellent range, this move suffers a startup lag comparable to Ike’s or King Dedede’s, but is still similar in appearance to Link’s first slash.

Up Smash – Lightning Rod – Crono raises his sword skyward, similar to Marth’s Up Smash, but deals a mere 2-5% damage with this part of the attack. After about half a second, lightning strikes and pulses through the sword and Crono’s body. The effects of this are similar to Pikachu’s Thunder when it strikes him. The shock lasts about a second, and deals 10-16% damage, at short range, with medium-high knockback.

Down Smash – Cyclone – Crono holds his sword at his side while charging this move, in a position as if the sword were sheathed, although it is not. When released, he performs a lightning-quick spin, somewhat comparable to Link’s Spin Attack. However, Crono’s spin does not emit any energy like Link’s, and is therefore a much shorter range attack. It has a definite speed advantage, though. This is easily Crono’s fastest Smash Attack, and has almost no startup or ending lag, so if you learn the timing, it’s actually fairly spammable. It’s also weak, though, and deals only 8-15% damage, at medium-short range, with medium-low knockback. This move also has pretty bad priority.

AIR ATTACKS
Neutral Air – Electro-Spin – Crono spins horizontally with his sword outstretched, and lightning pulsing through it. He completes one rotation, hitting first the front end, then the back. This move has decent range, but no knockback. Enemies hit are slightly stunned, and also given 8% damage.

Up Air – Static Blast – Crono lifts his hands and shoots a small burst of lightning from them. The spark hovers for about a second where it was released, and the first opponent to touch it will be stunned and receive 3% damage. When Crono uses this move, it slightly slows his descent for a period of about a second, but the move is only useable again after an additional second has passed, or after touching the ground and getting airborne again. This should be used largely for set-ups against opponents who like to stay airborne.

Down Air – Bolt Rush – A stall-then-fall. Crono envelopes himself in a powerful electric surge of energy, and rushes downward at blinding speed, dealing 12% damage to anyone he connects, and with his electric field, the hitbox is not small. This is a very fast stall-then-fall, and a decently powerful one as well, but it has two blaring weaknesses. First, Crono will not stop until he strikes the ground. Using this move over an edge or into a breakable platform that breaks will cause you to SD, guaranteed. Second, assuming you are over solid ground when you use this move, the impact is so powerful that Crono will nearly fall over when he hits the ground, struggling for about a second and a half before regaining his balance, leaving you very vulnerable if you missed your opponent. So, to sum up, use with caution!

Forward Air – Hyper Slash – Crono holds his sword at a downward angle at his side, then slashes it forward and up over his head. This covers a good amount of area, and by that I don’t mean that it has a great range as far as distance from Crono goes, but in that it hits below, to the front of, and above Crono. This move has noteworthy startup lag, but rewards with a solid 12% damage, and medium high knockback. A fair amount of ending lag exists as well.

Backward Air – Quick Spin – Crono spins around quickly, slashing his sword horizontally behind him. This is somewhat comparable to Toon Link’s Backward Air, but Crono slashes directly horizontal, lessening his vertical range significantly. Medium horizontal range, medium-low knockback, and 7% damage.

GRAB/THROW ATTACKS
Grab: Normal. No extension.

Pummel: Hilt – Crono bashes his victim with the hilt of his sword. 2% damage.

Forward Throw – Thunder Shot – Crono shoots a blast of lightning from his outstretched hand that propels his victim a good distance forward. 8% damage.

Backward Throw – Magnet Toss – Crono uses his free hand to create an electrical energy field behind himself, then releases his opponent and ducks down as they fly backward at high speed, flying into and then past the field. This throw does not do any damage, and is rather slow, but has a phenomenal knockback directly horizontal. Useful for KOs, but not much else.

Up Throw – Lightning Boost – Crono stabs his sword into the ground, creating a geyser of electrical energy directly underneath his foe. This rockets them upward, though not a great distance, dealing 10% damage as it does.

Down Throw – Finisher – Crono throws his opponent to the ground, then jumps above them and comes down on them, sword directly downward. For purposes of not being too “graphic,” enemies receive immediate knockback, and you don’t see Crono’s sword implanted in them. 9% damage, with little knockback, but no chain-grab.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
Standard B – Lightning 2 – This is a chargeable, auto-release move (like a Smash, it releases itself when at full power, and can’t be stored). Crono builds up lightning energy, then releases it as a field of powerful electricity that surrounds him. At its weakest, the field is about as big as Kirby or Jigglypuff, and deals 4% damage when touched, with very low knockback. It takes about 3 seconds to reach full charge, and at that point is about the size of a Smart Bomb explosion, dealing 14% damage, with medium knockback. Noteable startup and ending lags make this move far from spammable.

Side B – Confuse – Crono rushes forward, similar to Ike’s Quick Draw. However, Crono doesn’t have to charge the move, and only goes about half the distance that Ike’s does if fully charged. If Crono hits an opponent (a box or barrel will work, too), he’ll unleash four powerful strikes of his sword, in rapid succession, so if you get hit by one, you will be hit by all subsequent slashes. These slashes are all at medium range, so if you’re hanging out too close to someone who’s caught in Crono’s fury, you’d best wait before you try to get involved. Each of Crono’s four slashes does 5% damage, with the last one having decent knockback, at least enough to clear Crono’s immediate area while he catches his breath. This move has basically no startup lag, but Crono will catch his breath at the end of it, whether it connects or not, and that takes about a second. In other words, you’re left wide open if you miss, but you’ll land a solid four hits on your opponent if you can get this move to work.

Up B – Spincut – First and foremost, I have no idea why the move's called that. THIS IS NOT A CLONE OF LINK'S! Crono jumps into the air, sword held high, then crashes down, slashing it. The arc he follows is similar to Dedede’s, but only covers about half the distance. The only part of this move that actually does damage is the slash at the end, which, by default, will occur as Crono hits the ground. However, you can press the A button at any point during the jump to slash at that point. The slash is at medium range, does 10% damage, and has medium-low knockback either way. While using it in the air allows you to hit any opponents trying to keep you over the edge, it will also put some serious hurt on your momentum, and will leave Crono in an early freefall. You can also press B to cancel and freefall at any point, just like Dedede’s. Crono does not need to slash or cancel to grab the edge when using this move. He will simply grab it if he gets close enough.

Down B – Lightning – Snake and Pikachu had a Down B lovechild. When Crono first uses this move, he will raise his hands skyward, and a small green spark will appear where he is. He is then free to move as he pleases, and the spark will remain in place. When Crono uses the move again, he will once again raise his hands skyward (rendering him immobile for a time), and summon a bolt of lightning down along the vertical path the spark sits on. Unlike Pikachu’s Thunder, there is no sweetspot or extra power if Crono strikes himself with this move, so it’s basically just the standard lightning bolt. Crono is, as mentioned, immobile while calling down the bolt, so make sure no one’s going to be able to get to you before you use it. If the spark sits for 30 seconds without a bolt being called down, it will simply vanish, and Crono will have to set it up again.

FINAL SMASH
Final Smash – Luminaire – Everyone who’s played Chrono Trigger saw this coming, yes? The in-game description is “Ultimate damage on all enemies,” but that would be a little overboard, methinks. Still, this one packs a punch. This is basically a super-powered version of Crono’s Standard B, Lightning 2. A circle of lightning energy about 1.5X Smart Bomb radius appears around Crono, trapping and damaging all enemies caught in it, and also those who enter it later. This FS lasts for about five seconds, putting a total of 50% damage on anyone caught from the beginning. At Luminaire’s end, a final burst of energy releases all of its victims, sending them flying at about twice a Smart Bomb’s abilities.

LEDGE MOVES
Get Up (Under 100%): Crono simply climbs up.
Get Up (Over 100%): Arm over arm, Crono slowly crawls up onto the stage.

Attack (Under 100%): Crono leaps up and thrusts his sword forward. 5% damage.
Attack (Over 100%): Crono climbs up slowly, casually swinging his sword in front of him. 4% damage.

Dodge (Under 100%): Crono jumps up and rolls forward.
Dodge (Over 100%): Crono crawls up and then rolls forward.

Jump (Under 100%): Crono sets one foot on the edge, then jumps high into the air.
Jump (Over 100%): Crono climbs slowly up onto the edge, then jumps.

MISCELLANEOUS ANIMATIONS
Dizzy: Crono holds a hand over his eyes, staggering.

Sleep: Crono rests on his sword, similar to Marth.

Sidestep Dodge: Crono throws his torso back, similar to Link.

Forward Rolling Dodge: Crono somersaults forward.

Backward Rolling Dodge: Crono somersaults backward.

Air Dodge: Basically the same as his Sidestep.

Shield: Crono holds his sword in front of him horizontally as he shields.

TAUNTS
Up Taunt – Crono raises his hands toward the sky, and the wind blows around him for a second.

Down Taunt – Crono sticks his sword into the ground, then pumps a fist into the sky.

Side Taunt – Crono strikes a battle-ready pose, holding his sword at eye level with both hands.

STAGE
[This is going to be ridiculously extensive. It will be added later.]
I don't know when/if I'll get around to this stage.

VICTORY/LOSS POSES
Up Victory Pose – Same as his Up Taunt, but he doesn’t stop.

Side Victory Pose – Crono sheaths his sword, then sort of pumps a fist downward. His victory pose from Chrono Trigger.

Down Victory Pose – Crono stretches out a hand, and a ball of lightning energy forms, he then throws it toward the ground, and after a violent explosion of sparks, we can again see Crono, fists clenched at his sides.

Loss Pose – Standard. Crono stands and claps.

EXTRAS
Symbol: A letter “C” with two clock hands, as seen in the picture below:

Kirby Hat: Kirby gets Crono’s hair. Cool.

Entrance: A gate (basically a time portal, for those
sinners
who haven’t played the game) appears, opens up, and Crono steps out as the gate closes.

Colors: Recolors affect only Crono’s blue tunic. Blue (default), Red, Green, Purple, White, Black.

Wii Remote Sound: Two sword slashes are heard, like when Crono scores a critical hit in the game. What, did you expect me to make him talk?

To Unlock: Get a combined total of at least 1500 KOs with all characters.

Unlock Message: Crono, the strong, silent swordsman, has joined the Brawl!

SOLID SNAKE CODEC CONVERSATION
Snake: Mei Ling, who is this guy?
Mei Ling: That’s Crono, Snake. He’s from the year 1000 AD. He and his friends traveled through time to save their world by defeating a vile creature called Lavos. They discovered Lavos when they were accidentally sent to the future by a “gate,” a sort of time-travel portal. They found that in the future, their world was in ruins, and so they—
Snake: Spare me the details. How’s he fight?
Mei Ling: Well, as you can see, Crono’s a skilled sword-fighter, and he’s also got command over Lightning magic.
Snake: A sword-fighter… Like Link and Marth?
Mei Ling: Well, yeah, kind of.
Snake: I guess that explains a lot.
Mei Ling: What do you mean, Snake?
Snake: Let’s just say I’ve learned not to expect any form of conversation with a sword-fighter.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Another good job SirKibble. I just graded the other Chrono moveset today.. it was an abomination.

I've added Hadhod to the 3rd agers moveset. His moveset is the funniest out of them all so far (especially his awesome grabs/throws.) Check it out if you get the chance.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
For references...
1.) They (it is a zelda/sheik relationship) are not a Pokemon Trainer clone.
2.) They moveset and overall character (spelled wrong?) is based off of their abridged versions.
3.) For some good taste, I will be incorporating a small taste of season zero into their style. This will mostly be extra stuff like the Final Smash and Taunts.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
In that case, prepare to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-DUEL!
Make sure you trust in the heart of the cards.

Nice movesets yall, Crono, Koloma and Naota. Sad thing being, out of all those movesets I've only actually heard of the last guy... I never played Crono Trigger. But from what I've read, everything's solid.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Oh wow, both Naota and Crono were such win (bonus points for Naota because FLCL is the epitome of win, hence why I made my Haruko moveset in MYM2.0).

I'm not even got to mention my Vergil moveset that I've been talking about for the past two weeks but haven't started because I'm a lazy *******... that I'm also looking forward to Cervantes! : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom